Review of IKEA

Customer_Care@ushelp.ikea.com
2018 Customer choice award

zeynepb2
7/15/19

I scheduled my delivery for morning time slot and when I called customer service, after 1 hour of waiting, they told me it will be delivered at 7.30pm because they accidentally put my name at the bottom of the list. So at 7.30pm I called again and they said they will look into it. Finally, my delivery arrived around 8.30pm but I had to book elevator 3 times and reschedule assembly team.

ld158
7/10/19

My love affair with Ikea is over. I started buying their furniture as a college student. That quality was fine, but the service was excellent! Now, they've worked on their products but allowed their service to plummet. They take no responsibility, don't allow you to speak directly with people who are empowered to resolve problems and hire a delivery company with an F Better Business Bureau rating. When things go south, they say they "understand" your frustration but do nothing to make things better. Zero accountability means my almost 30 year love affair is over.

ariffh1
6/30/19

High quality products. Price is acceptable. Helpful staff. Great environment. Food is the best. Well organised display.

pedroj23
6/26/19

I contacted Ikea and paid for a $99 delivery but without knowing a third party XPO was involved. They didn't show up but they reported the customer wasn't there. I reschedule the sooner they could, 3 days later but they only brought the small boxes not the bed frame I ordered. They said I could returned no accept the partial delivery but they didn't mention that means an automatic cancelation with Ikea. Ikea customer service was "nice" but useless, they didn't offer any option.

paolaz1
Paola Z.
6/25/19

Today, It's been 10 days that I'd returned a couple itens to IKEA.
Belen, a adorable person who helped me with my case told me it would take up to 10 days do get a mailckeck.
When turned 5 days, I decided to call because I know for a fact the lack of customer service IKEA has it and the person who talked to me provided the same information: you've to wait 10 days for your mailcheck.
Today, when the 10th day complete, I called to IKEA, talked to MONICA at the administration office and she told me it would take UP TO 4 WEEKS to receive the check. ( FOURS WEEKS ) a completely diferent information those two other employees gave to me.
I asked to speak to a manager but now not regarding my check but the training those people are getting to work there and talk to people giving whatever information comes up in their mind.
I was not surprised anymore by this lack of training, when MONICA - from the administration office, told me she COULDN'T transfer her manager but what she COULD DO is let her know my opinion. Let her know that I was not satisfied with the information that was gave to me.
Really?! Is this real?!
According to MONICA, her supervisor manager is ELZIRA.
So if ELZIRA exists, and if she is Monica's manager, that's what I wanted to talk. Is it really worth it sending people to social media to voice out internal issues from the company you are working?!?
IKEA, looking at all the complaints is that what you're proud of. The way your employees represent you to the world?!?

yolac
5/31/19

I always knew that not all Ikea products are of a good quality. But it turned out that some of them are totally awful! I bought a little table here a week and yesterday it was broken.

mariag390
5/30/19

i love love love ikea, but i don't think is for everyone, i live in usa for 10 years and i do like changes, i think renovating is good for my soul, so i change something in my house all the time, even now, so i change, tables, decoration, chairs, curtains, office stuff, pretty much everything, i must tell that sometimes the products are not a great quality, hence the price no?, anyway, if you are like me, you must love it as much as i do, if you not and broke a table, chair or cabinet, you probably hate it, oh well, we don't like all the same things no??

jenniferb818
5/23/19

The absolute worst customer service I have ever experienced. Bought a day bed that I was told a queen bed would fit- verified at store with department manager and also was assured a queen bed would fit when pulled out. Even questioned because to twins are the size of double, but was assured again that a queen would fit. Spent over 10 hours to put the bed together with my husband - directions were awful. Once completed at midnight, tried to put the queen bed in and of course it was to big. This was suppose to be a surprise gift for my 16 year old daughter. Spent hours on the phone with customer service. Finally was told to break down the bed and bring it back in, that the conversation would be noted, and we would get a store credit. Brought the bed back in
Pieces ( all parts including the hard wear screws, nails etc) and was told that we would not get a credit- there were no notes on the numerous conversions we had with customer service. We were asked to see a manger. She was rude and had security ask us to leave. We were treated like criminals and were told we were lying. We called customer service and they said it would be look into it and their investigation stated the bed was not returned or left. I am sure there are cameras within ikea to show the bed was left, but they would not supply them. Our family lost over $300. We live in Tampa and this purchase was the first time to visit IKEA and we spent over $800. We will never shop there store again, we tell everyone we know what happened to us, and are very vocal to any conversation we have with people friends and/or strangers of our experience. What is truly sad is the behavior of the managers. It might be an ok place to buy plates, or small items, but be very weary of buying furniture or kitchens- especially at the Tampa location.

syedad
5/21/19

I bought a sofa from IKEA and I couldn't even use it for 3 months its cover is ruined. The cover color is fading away.

shreyab2
5/18/19

They have got a really poor customer service which they should improve. Their products are pretty fine but their service is drawing customers away

duncanh34
5/14/19

I ordered a kitchen cupboard for a house that had an ikea kitchen to test colour match and fit. This was delivered as if it had been kicking around a warehouse for years, outer postal box mint but inside smashed up!
I requested an exchange, this was organised and I ordered the rest of the units to arrive the same day. The replacement was perfect but 4 items where missing from order number two. roll on 2 days from this delivery and I am told they need more time to complete the order!
I complain and I'm offered a store card of no value to me as I won't shop with them again.
I want to just have my complaint acknowledged and the delivery aspect refunding as I have not had what I paid for.
Their customer care is literally no existent, honestly it doesn't exist, your email bounces back from customer.service@ their url and you then click a series of links on a website to be given a phone number! You call it and the terrible customer care starts again.
My recommendation is go elsewhere, if I knew what I know now I would have just ripped the kitchen out and gone to Wickes!!!

hagire
5/12/19

We drove 128 miles to the IKEA Conshohocken store and we purchased 3 sofas and other items total over 2500 dollars and the store informed us they can deliver 2 sofas but they don't have the third one in their warehouse so they basically told us we either have to take it today with us they can't deliver it which wasn't right since we paid for the flat rate delivery anyway and they didn't make any exception or compensation even though this wasn't our fault.
We wanted everything delivered. We agreed to take one sofa home and they said they will help us with the order. They gave us the sofa and the sofa cover and we paid for everything and drove back home. We got home and put the sofa together only to find that they gave us a cover for a chair, not a sofa. I contacted the customer service and spoke to Tiffany who was very rude and unprofessional. She informed me I have to drive back to the store to return that one and get the right one and that is the only option. I explained that this wasn't our fault, they did us wrong from the beginning and she didn't care. I was on hold for 55 minutes then she told me there is nothing they can do I asked to speak to a supervisor, she put me on hold for another 15 minutes then she told me there is no supervisor available and I requested a call back and documenting this incident then she said there is a supervisor available now.
She asked me to hold and I did for another 10 minutes then they hanged up. I am ready to give birth in 10 days and I explained to her this is a 50 dollar problem and we paid 2500 they should be able to deliver the correct item for us as a courtesy. I was treated badly and felt like crab. This is not customer service and the store, the customer service and their supervisor should be held liable for their unprofessional action. This is my first time buying from Ikea and will be my last.

ronalds413
4/28/19

I bought a lounge sofa. It is almost impossible to sit good in it. You need a lot of pillows to adjust your comfort. From the beginning i knew i bought bad quality.Never again IKEA. It seems cheap, but now i have to buy real material.

laurieb148
4/18/19

I visited the Oak Creek store in Wisconsin yesterday. It was a beautiful store. It was clean and bright. The displays were outstanding. However, when it came time to purchase the products there were none available in stock to purchase. By the fourth item I was beginning to get frustrated. They dont sell the display items. The employee offered to ship to me for $9.00 shipping and handling. No thanks. It just took us 2 hours to get here. Without the products to purchase it is just a museum. Disappointed and I don't plan to return to this store.

josephk243
4/8/19

The company has the WORST customer service I have ever encountered. I am trying to get a missing piece from an order replaced. I believe that they purposely take steps to prevent this from happening. Their customer service number NEVER answers. I just says that you are busy and hangs up. Their website which explains email support for this does not respond. You claim 1-2 day turn-around. Two weeks later and several attempts, still no response. I am unable to call the local store to speak with a person. The ONLY time, the phone gets answered with a person is for new sales, which, in my case, WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN..

shomaril
3/22/19

I ordered a bedroom set that was to take a week and a half for delivery. I tried to get expedited delivery but that wasn't an option apparently on this order. The order stated my delivery date and a 12 hour delivery window that was to be shortened to 4 hours (either the day before or day of I can't remember which). So I get a call the day before stating that the delivery was to be pushed to the following day. So basically the day I made 100% available and cancelled all my appointments was for nothing and I now needed to do the same for the following day.

Then 5 minutes later I receive an automated call trying to yet again change my delivery date for 3-7 days out. WTF? So I call in. I explain my situation to 4 different people as I keep getting transferred around. Finally, I am informed that the delivery dates are only preliminary estimates. The outside delivery company deals with that and that I should have read the 12 or so pages of terms and conditions and not just relied on the screen delivery date. Oh... and my delivery fee is non-refundable. Even if I cancel the order for their incompetence, it's non-refundable. What kind of business is this?

dixonh1
3/22/19

I never have experienced shopping with them but one of my friend who order his furniture from them had very bad experience. They used very poor quality of fabric. And their costumer care services are also pathetic, you need to wait, and just wait for their team member to answer your calls.

benl46
2/19/19

I temporarily lived in Sweden, and this Swedish company should be ashamed of themselves by marring the image of that country with their crappy customer service and bringing nothing but dishonor. First, they'll fail the promise they make you. Then they'll get their asinine third-party delivery service to leave you waiting an entire day at home, only to call you the day after about the missed delivery, huh. Lastly, they'll try to wiggle away with not refunding you a service fee for providing partially-done service, like how you'd pay an electrician or plumber to drive out to your house, look around, but not fix what needs to be fixed.. the logic.
Add to it the fact that their general service line is always busy with no-waiting and their very NOT customer-first attitude, you have nothing but one of the worst company to buy from here.

ericm192
2/1/19

I'm always shocked at the terrible level of quality and durability of Ikea products. Every single one of their fabric products I've ever purchased, carpets, rugs, towels, Sheetz basically anyting made of any synthetic material is chock-full of chemicals. I've spent thousands and thousands of dollars at Ikea, their return policy is horrendous. They seem almost intentionally drastically understaffed, there's always a huge wait, they even have a number system if that tells you anything about how long the wait is. I've only tried to return a single item in my entire consumer live at Ikea, a $299 carpet that had a tiny hardened spot probably one centimeter big that they claimed was a paint stain, the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, it was the exact same color as the carpet fabric was probably there from the time that I purchased it. They're like any other horrible big corporation that finds any excuse and take your money but not give it back.

joshuap114
1/14/19

Called them 4 times this morning and got hung up on every time by a robot. Talked to a human 1 time who transferred me and I got hung up on. The website doesn't let you make a post package email unless you have part number and case number area of the email filled out. They dont call you back when they drop your call. You do however have the option to cancel through the email packages but if you decide that path shipping will not be refunded. So, my package was lost on the shopping path, never even made it to my state. You going to punish me now? Terrible support.

shureno
12/1/18

Well rating it on the sole basis of it's inventory they would score an easy %100. I like going to the 1 out in Calgary even though it's a bit far out, that is still ok with me. They do a really good job "At least this store/location does", of putting up displays. Gives me a LOT of idea's on how to improve the look of the house, even though I already have a good idea, and there's always new things they come out with which I really like. One thing I can't stand with a lot of stores is just carrying the same stuff & nothing new or innovative. Ikea is the polar opposite of that which I like very much.

Now how they treat their staff is another matter which they should have an internal look at from an independent source, imo at least their Canadian store's anyways. And by the way it is 1 of the cleanest & well kept store's I have seen. This i'm talking about on a daily basis so that is very commendable. 1 other thing as I don't know if every Ikea has a food court but that's just another good point about this place. Well done indeed.

jenniferr429
11/28/18

I love this store. They have the best products in services. I hate that isn't not in Alabama so I have to shop from online or go to Georgia to shop. I am very intrigue about the type of products they have.

samm331
11/19/18

Go to the local IKEA for the meatballs, ligonberry jam, and the cheap, flimsy furniture. But never shop online! There is no customer service whatsoever. The website wouldn't accept my oft used login info, and when I submitted for an email to reset my password, it took 9 hours, 2:00pm-11:24 pm, for the response. Followed immediately by an email locking my account. With no remedy indicated. They never answer the phone, when they do they can't help, and don't know who to send me to. Spent 2 hours this morning trying to get through, when I did the nice lady said to send an email, she couldn't help me. Eat the meatballs, run from the website!

blakes71
10/18/18

Very good services, delivery right on time. I have shopped Ikea online many times and I had no complains. The customer support team is always ready to help and no delays in responding, shipping nor delivery ever occurred. I hope the services will stay the same.

alext182
10/16/18

Awful experience with IKEA delivery.
One order this summer was delivered 2 months later in 3 separate deliveries with one week apart each other.
Another order was not delivered on assigned date despite the fact that adult was present at home on assigned time. I suspect that delivery address was messed up with a different town! No idea how it may happened! I called one day prior re-delivery which was confirmed week in advance and found out that order was canceled! Nobody contacted me either through email or phone beforehand to update, nor I got a clear explanation how it happened.
It's ridiculous how much personal time I spent on the line and talking to representatives from IKEA and North America Logistics with this two orders.
The combination of price and quality is reasonable with IKEA merchandise, but I asked for full refund because I don't want to go through this terrible service knowing that my chances of getting merchandise ordered in mid October before New Year are rather slim.

74 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

My wife was the buyer, i was not aware. I felt sorry for her because she feels quilty

By ronald s.

Questions? Get answers from the IKEA staff and other customers.

2 Photos for IKEA