Review of IKEA

Customer_Care@ushelp.ikea.com
2018 Customer choice award

laurieb148
4/18/19

I visited the Oak Creek store in Wisconsin yesterday. It was a beautiful store. It was clean and bright. The displays were outstanding. However, when it came time to purchase the products there were none available in stock to purchase. By the fourth item I was beginning to get frustrated. They dont sell the display items. The employee offered to ship to me for $9.00 shipping and handling. No thanks. It just took us 2 hours to get here. Without the products to purchase it is just a museum. Disappointed and I don't plan to return to this store.

josephk243
4/8/19

The company has the WORST customer service I have ever encountered. I am trying to get a missing piece from an order replaced. I believe that they purposely take steps to prevent this from happening. Their customer service number NEVER answers. I just says that you are busy and hangs up. Their website which explains email support for this does not respond. You claim 1-2 day turn-around. Two weeks later and several attempts, still no response. I am unable to call the local store to speak with a person. The ONLY time, the phone gets answered with a person is for new sales, which, in my case, WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN..

shomaril
3/22/19

I ordered a bedroom set that was to take a week and a half for delivery. I tried to get expedited delivery but that wasn't an option apparently on this order. The order stated my delivery date and a 12 hour delivery window that was to be shortened to 4 hours (either the day before or day of I can't remember which). So I get a call the day before stating that the delivery was to be pushed to the following day. So basically the day I made 100% available and cancelled all my appointments was for nothing and I now needed to do the same for the following day.

Then 5 minutes later I receive an automated call trying to yet again change my delivery date for 3-7 days out. WTF? So I call in. I explain my situation to 4 different people as I keep getting transferred around. Finally, I am informed that the delivery dates are only preliminary estimates. The outside delivery company deals with that and that I should have read the 12 or so pages of terms and conditions and not just relied on the screen delivery date. Oh... and my delivery fee is non-refundable. Even if I cancel the order for their incompetence, it's non-refundable. What kind of business is this?

dixonh1
3/22/19

I never have experienced shopping with them but one of my friend who order his furniture from them had very bad experience. They used very poor quality of fabric. And their costumer care services are also pathetic, you need to wait, and just wait for their team member to answer your calls.

benl46
2/19/19

I temporarily lived in Sweden, and this Swedish company should be ashamed of themselves by marring the image of that country with their crappy customer service and bringing nothing but dishonor. First, they'll fail the promise they make you. Then they'll get their asinine third-party delivery service to leave you waiting an entire day at home, only to call you the day after about the missed delivery, huh. Lastly, they'll try to wiggle away with not refunding you a service fee for providing partially-done service, like how you'd pay an electrician or plumber to drive out to your house, look around, but not fix what needs to be fixed.. the logic.
Add to it the fact that their general service line is always busy with no-waiting and their very NOT customer-first attitude, you have nothing but one of the worst company to buy from here.

ericm192
2/1/19

I'm always shocked at the terrible level of quality and durability of Ikea products. Every single one of their fabric products I've ever purchased, carpets, rugs, towels, Sheetz basically anyting made of any synthetic material is chock-full of chemicals. I've spent thousands and thousands of dollars at Ikea, their return policy is horrendous. They seem almost intentionally drastically understaffed, there's always a huge wait, they even have a number system if that tells you anything about how long the wait is. I've only tried to return a single item in my entire consumer live at Ikea, a $299 carpet that had a tiny hardened spot probably one centimeter big that they claimed was a paint stain, the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, it was the exact same color as the carpet fabric was probably there from the time that I purchased it. They're like any other horrible big corporation that finds any excuse and take your money but not give it back.

joshuap114
1/14/19

Called them 4 times this morning and got hung up on every time by a robot. Talked to a human 1 time who transferred me and I got hung up on. The website doesn't let you make a post package email unless you have part number and case number area of the email filled out. They dont call you back when they drop your call. You do however have the option to cancel through the email packages but if you decide that path shipping will not be refunded. So, my package was lost on the shopping path, never even made it to my state. You going to punish me now? Terrible support.

shureno
12/1/18

Well rating it on the sole basis of it's inventory they would score an easy %100. I like going to the 1 out in Calgary even though it's a bit far out, that is still ok with me. They do a really good job "At least this store/location does", of putting up displays. Gives me a LOT of idea's on how to improve the look of the house, even though I already have a good idea, and there's always new things they come out with which I really like. One thing I can't stand with a lot of stores is just carrying the same stuff & nothing new or innovative. Ikea is the polar opposite of that which I like very much.

Now how they treat their staff is another matter which they should have an internal look at from an independent source, imo at least their Canadian store's anyways. And by the way it is 1 of the cleanest & well kept store's I have seen. This i'm talking about on a daily basis so that is very commendable. 1 other thing as I don't know if every Ikea has a food court but that's just another good point about this place. Well done indeed.

jenniferr429
11/28/18

I love this store. They have the best products in services. I hate that isn't not in Alabama so I have to shop from online or go to Georgia to shop. I am very intrigue about the type of products they have.

samm331
11/19/18

Go to the local IKEA for the meatballs, ligonberry jam, and the cheap, flimsy furniture. But never shop online! There is no customer service whatsoever. The website wouldn't accept my oft used login info, and when I submitted for an email to reset my password, it took 9 hours, 2:00pm-11:24 pm, for the response. Followed immediately by an email locking my account. With no remedy indicated. They never answer the phone, when they do they can't help, and don't know who to send me to. Spent 2 hours this morning trying to get through, when I did the nice lady said to send an email, she couldn't help me. Eat the meatballs, run from the website!

blakes71
10/18/18

Very good services, delivery right on time. I have shopped Ikea online many times and I had no complains. The customer support team is always ready to help and no delays in responding, shipping nor delivery ever occurred. I hope the services will stay the same.

alext182
10/16/18

Awful experience with IKEA delivery.
One order this summer was delivered 2 months later in 3 separate deliveries with one week apart each other.
Another order was not delivered on assigned date despite the fact that adult was present at home on assigned time. I suspect that delivery address was messed up with a different town! No idea how it may happened! I called one day prior re-delivery which was confirmed week in advance and found out that order was canceled! Nobody contacted me either through email or phone beforehand to update, nor I got a clear explanation how it happened.
It's ridiculous how much personal time I spent on the line and talking to representatives from IKEA and North America Logistics with this two orders.
The combination of price and quality is reasonable with IKEA merchandise, but I asked for full refund because I don't want to go through this terrible service knowing that my chances of getting merchandise ordered in mid October before New Year are rather slim.

wendyj78
10/4/18

I've ordered twice now from Ikea. Because it's so far from me online ordering is easier.

1st order. Items arrived damaged. Both sets of drawers. They were cheap. Not worth sending back.

2nd order. I paid for pick up in the store. A friend picked them up for me without checking the boxes. One box had forklift damage on the side. Actually poked a hole right through one of the drawers. Resulted in a second trip to Ikea.

Shipment fees in Edmonton are ridiculous as are installation fees. You pay $100 for a cabinet but then $200 for delivery on a specific date and installation. Products are not worth this.

It's only worth if you go in person with a couple of people to help you pick up items and install yourself.

clarar37
9/25/18

I love this store and its a great place to get a good workout hahha its never ending i love there chairs and tablea and there candles are great too

connorh25
9/24/18

EVERY step of the way has had issues, from ongoing delayed deliveries, missing items, lack of updates from IKEA on delays and missing items, difficulty in reaching customer service to enquire on said delays/items, inability of staff to properly follow through with pick-ups/refunds therefore resulting in delayed pick-ups and refunds, missing parts or parts that were not finished being cut, etc. Like others, I have had to waste hours, days and much energy waiting for deliveries that never showed up, putting aside tasks I could have completed had the schedule been adhered to or updates on a modified schedule at least been provided to me. I am overdue compensation for this trouble. Like others, I'll be justifiably reporting IKEA to the BBB and FTC and publishing bad reviews wherever I can. The first and last time I'll be shopping at IKEA. And I hope IKEA soon gets what it deserves: to be shut down.

Tip for consumers: Do not ever shop from IKEA.

virginies2
9/19/18

We placed an order on their site They keep postponing the delivery date of our order. We want to talk to someone and at this point want to get a refund and it's impossible to reach someone to help. We wrote an email, we never heard from any one, The only department to pick up is the sales department, and they just transfer you and you are on hold literally for an hour. Ikea music became my background music. So disapointed. Was considering doing a kitchen with them, not anymore. Too scared of the after service.

guys59
9/19/18

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING AT IKEA! If you ever require customer service you will be on hold for an hour plus. I had to call them on 3 different occasions over a 2 month period and each and every call I was placed on hold for over an hour. When I spoke to a customer service person, I told them of the extremely long wait, they said they were aware of the problem. I just called again and got a voice message said due to the extremely high call volume, I would have to call back later and then got disconnected. Obviously management at IKEA cares only on sales volume and has no concern about customer support

carols491
8/31/18

Ikea and their shipping company lost my order. I am unable to determine who lost the order because reaching a human being is impossible despite waiting on hold for over 2 hours only to be told that a warehouse search for my order was being conducted and not hearing from them again. They will take your money, not deliver your order and good luck getting it refunded. I can't comment about the quality of the product since it never arrived but if it's anything like the customer service it would get a one star too.

mariad248
8/30/18

I ordered a bookcase set (3 pieces) 3 weeks ago. I put together 2 and the third turned out to be missing the hardware. After trying for hours to talk to someone on the phone we finally got a very helpful person to order the missing hardware. The problem is that it will take about 10 days to 2 weeks to get here. Without the third shelf I cannot complete the pieces and my office is a mess of boxes and half built furniture.

robertd685
8/30/18

We ordered a mattress, a couch and a coffee table for my son's college apartment on July 23. They initially told us that it would be delivered on August 23. After rearranging my schedule for the 23rd I learned from IKEA's website that it would be delivered on the 24th between 9AM and 9PM. After waiting half of the day on the 24th I heard form the shipper that it would be at least a week and maybe two before it was delivered. We tried to reach IKEA for a week but could never get through. The shipper now says that the earliest it will be delivered is September 8th and might be another week after that. We finally got through to IKEA and they were no help at all.

janet132
7/21/18

We ordered 3 PAX Wardrobes with all the accessories FITTING and delivery on the same day. All paid for.

The delivery day arrived, 30/6/18 we cleared our rooms, got rid of wardrobes, so you can imagine the house is full of clothes.

The delivery arrived but No Fitters. !!

Another 3 hours on the phone, the fitters wouldn't be coming, No explanation, no apology they were re booked for 7th July.

7th July - Again they didn't turn up. No warning, No explanation. IKEA actually said the wardrobes had been fitted, until we offered to send photo of the boxes. Then they accepted they hadn't been fitted.

Rebooked AGAIN for 21st July. More confirmation they would arrive.
IKEA rang at 1pm on 21/7/18 and said the fitters should have been with us at 8am.
Fitters said they would be here.

21st July- The fitters didn't show up. AGAIN. IKEA said they were coming!!

Each time IKEA confirm the booking and reference number and say they will arrive.

We have now had 3 weeks of a house full of boxes and clothes with no wardrobe.

What do you do ? They said they would send a voucher as compensation but didn't.

It's taken us several years to regain our faith in this company, as their customer service was so bad the last time we used them and give them another chance only to be very badly let down before on several occasions.
I shall not be using the shop again.

raneea
Ranee A.
7/12/18

I use to be all about Ikea but over the years I noticed the quality started to drop. I do not care for the remodel of the new store. You use to be able to pick up the item then go to check out. Now you have to pay then they retrieve it. Could take up to 30 minutes and if they're out of stock you get refunded. Parking is also a pain. If you like walking then you're okay. The store is a bit of a maze and even with directional arrows it's still a bit confusing.

st94
7/6/18

You get what you pay for from Ikea. Their furniture styles are in but the are bad quality. I would say if you're always moving to different places, then Ikea is great for you but otherwise, their quality doesn't stand.

rebeccac226
6/25/18

Great furniture,I purchased two chairs, they are very beautiful and comfortable. The two chairs are easy to assemble. I would highly recommend

jacobt68
6/19/18

Worst experience ever, They give you a delivery date and it just passes. Then they blame it on shipper. Turns out it is sitting at IKEA.

Try to call them and they just put you on hold, Can't cancel order if you could get a hold of them because they have a 2 Hour cnx policy after order submittal. Just don't ever bother if you want your stuff.

74 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the IKEA staff and other customers.

2 Photos for IKEA