Review of MadisonSeating

Tel: 888-704-3435
service@madisonseating.com

pauln225
12/18/18

I have been getting Steelcase chairs over the past year from Madison Seating and all has been good. On my last order 16 Leap V2 Steel Chairs when the came in 2 of the chair were damage. I E-Mail Madison Customer Service they reply. I was able to use the two chairs replace parts making one good chair. Then Madison replace the other chair with a new one. Madison advise me to keep the broken chair for parts. This was all taking care of in one day.
Thanks
Technical Support Admin
Brethren Mutual Insurance Co.

patriciam583
12/12/18

They made a mistake with my order but apologized and have handled it well. I regret my complaint yesterday

soseo
12/11/18

I have purchased from them a few years ago and again about a month ago.
We purchased over 10 chairs from them and one of the chairs unfortunately had a broken piece. I contacted support and they are going to let us keep the broken chair and they are sending a replacement free of charge!

The chairs are at a great price and perfect condition!

Will definitely purchase from them again!

samuelh99
12/11/18

I received a chair that somehow would not assemble properly. The people at Madison were exceptionally responsive, sending replacement parts and ultimately agreeing to replace the chair at no additional cost with expedited processing. It takes a great company to deal with problems in such a responsive manner and would make me want to order through them again. Also, the chair is offered at exceptional value pricing. Thank you Madison !

micheller362
11/26/18

Very happy with my Steelcase chair and the level of customer service at Madison Seating. They were very responsive when we had questions about the assembly.

markl612
11/22/18

This company had the lowest price on the Steelcase Leap Chair v2 on the Internet. The chair arrived in a very large box and only took a minute to put together. I would purchase from this company again.

--Mark L

baileyh47
10/27/18

We purchased several chairs from them and one of the chairs unfortunately had a broken part. However, Madison Seating offered to let us keep the defective chair and will be sending a brand new one free of charge! :)

jamesd755
10/23/18

On the first shipment, both chairs arrived completely broken and not at the fault of FedEx because the boxes were in great shape. When I contacted Madison, they offered me 70% off to keep the 2 chairs. How funny is that. Why in the heck would I want or pay for 2 broken chairs. I understand why and it's because of the shipping cost they didn't want to eat. So I refused their offer and they sent out 2 more chairs which satisfied the deal. Unfortunately, I had to wait another 10 days for those to ship out. When there is a problem with the first order, I would expect the second shipment would have been escalated if you want to be known for good customer service. But, the bottom line is that customer service did fix the issue. I would consider buying from the again despite the issues because you can't find Steelcase Leap chairs anywhere for $250 that are not used. They are open boxed items, but I don't care as long as they are in great shape and function correctly. In the end, the complete transaction took over a month, but I'm a patient person to some degree and the second shipment was good.

melissas440
10/23/18

I ordered a All Steel chair for an employee, however the chair we received was damaged. I worked with Annie in customer service and was issued a replacement chair in no time. This was an easy and great return experience with MadisonSeating. Would recommend this company to others.

sarahs669
10/12/18

This was the first time using MadisonSeating, and my experience with them so far has been great. We ordered Liberty task chairs, and unfortunately, one of the chairs had an issue where you couldn't adjust the height. I emailed the company, and within a couple of hours, I had a response back stating they would replace the chair. I was pleasantly surprised as I wasn't expecting a reply so quickly. I thought it would take a day or two. They just made this whole process so easy. I will be sure to use them again.

stevenk193
9/20/18

I purchased two Steelcase Leap V2 chairs from Madison Seating.

The chairs are almost entirely assembled out of the box and come with simple, easy to follow instructions on how to put them together. There were almost 0 signs of prior use, the condition was impeccable.

On my second order I needed to contact customer service during the holidays due to some issues but despite the holiday rush, my problems were handled in timely fashion.

All-in-all I definitely plan on purchasing from them again. They make gifting high quality chairs affordable!

jeffe82
9/5/18

I ordered a Leap V2 chair. It arrived when promised and looked brand new - even though I knew it would be refurbished . I could not get the height to adjust properly, but support responded very quickly to my email, made some suggestions and immediately sent a replacement part when it appeared there might be a mechanical issue. Since the issue could not be immediately resolved, they are now sending a replacement chair. As a business owner, I know things sometimes go wrong. The measure of a company is how they deal with the problem and I am quite satisfied with Madison.

jessicac380
8/27/18

If I could give a negative number of stars to indicate my experience with this company I would. I placed my order and was informed that my order was canceled as they could not fulfill the order. However, when I review their website I find the same table still for sale. Either they don't have the item, they are incapable of filling orders, or are misleading potential customers about items they do have in stock. Obviously, their website is not an accurate representation of their actual inventory, which is frustrating as a customer.

Response from madison s., MadisonSeating Representative
As a reseller for the furniture featured on our website, the manufacturer dictates the update on the stock and impending inventory. All customer's are notified immediately of a backorder and can be assured we do not charge if an item is not readily available.
mikeo158
8/27/18

We ordered a couple of chairs from them but unfortunately two of them were defective. Emailed customer service and they responded right away and are going to replace the chairs. Speedy responses with great customer support!

debraa92
8/21/18

While the shipping took longer than expected we received the order with only damage to 1 item. That item is being replaced at no charge with no required return of the damaged piece. That's what customer service is about.

josephf191
7/17/18

Chair came damaged but they are sending a new one. Great customer service. I have used this company several times and have not been disappointed.

timb353
7/10/18

I ordered an office chair on MadisonSeating. When it arrived, it was damaged in shipping. The company told me to keep the damaged chair and they would send a replacement at no cost. I will definitely use them again.

michaels1541
7/9/18

The most frustrating aspect of dealing with this company was their return policy. Be advised that should you have ANY issues, they require you to send the entire chair back to them for service. To be fair, they will cover any problems with the chair, but you will be covering the shipping (as stated in their warranty), which, for a chair, was around $50 each way for me. So a $600 used chair could end up costing you $700-$800 or more over the life of the warranty.

One of the problems that I had concerned one of the chair arms breaking 7 months after purchase. Initially, the company insisted I spend $100 on shipping the entire chair rather than allowing me to send only the broken arm. After I refused, they told me the other option was to sell me the replacement part (they valued the part, a bolt, at $39.99. I bought one at the local hardware store for $0.58)

After much back and forth, the company, to their credit, did offer to send the part I needed as a one time courtesy, after which, should anything go wrong, even another bolt breaking, I would have to strictly adhere to the warranty as stated (i.e. $100 shipping). In the end we were able to resolve the issue. I purchased a part locally and repaired the chair on my own.
EDIT: Annie, the supervisor has informed me that despite the original email they sent me, the company does work with customers to provide courtesies like additional parts where necessary)

tldr - The prices on the chairs are great and the company WILL honor their warranty as written, but for even small issues expect to pay full shipping each way, which can be expensive.

FINAL NOTE: The customer service was initially unpleasant to deal with and very curt, but the managing supervisor, Annie, was incredibly nice and did a great job explaining things to me in a pleasant manner, once it escalated to her.

stanh53
7/3/18

We ordered four chairs and received one with extensive damage in shipment. Our online claim submission was answered promptly with a generous but unsatisfactory offer. Our counter offer/request for a replacement was then immediately accepted. No hassles or evasions, how all such situations should be handled. We will buy more chairs from them as the needs arise. Thank you. A+++

judsonr5
6/26/18

In today's day and age you do not send items to anyone without a return address on your label. You most certainly do not send them a flexible grey envelope that feels as if there are wires attached to a mysterious object. Because when that happens, the BOMB SQUAD shows up.

What is this company thinking? How hard is it to put a return label on an envelope? How much did it cost the Police Department in time, energy and money because some moron couldn't write a name on a package.

Customer service said, "We will reevaluate our current protocol?" How about... "WE WILL MAKE SURE THIS NEVER HAPPENS AGAIN!"

alecm42
5/29/18

I ordered a chair that had an issue and the company quickly and effectively assisted me and even sent me a new chair free of charge.I will definitely recommend them and use them again!

jasonb508
5/27/18

We recently ordered 10 chairs for our office and they arrived right on time. We had minor issues with a few of the chairs and the service team was quick to resolve the issues. The next time we are in need of chairs, we will be ordering them from Madison Seating.

itd8
5/22/18

We have purchased chairs from the company before and have not had any issue until recently. We ordered 4 chairs, specifically the "Think chair by steelcase". After assembling the previous three, the fourth one had an issue regarding maintaining it's level. There was an issue with the gas cylinder and after emailing back and forth with the service team at madison, we were provided with the option to receive another gas cylinder. Unfortunately, this particular part is extremely difficult to remove once set. Even going through the steps provided from the video, the gas cylinder would not budge.

Finally, it was deemed the best course of action was to send out another chair. Originally, it was quite worrysome to have this chair start giving out so soon, especially since we have quite a few in service at the office. We were happy however to hear they will stand by the product.

nhann2
5/22/18

We bought 15 Leap chairs for office use. Unfortunately one chair arrived with a broken back. Madison Seating promptly replaced the broken chair upon request. We love the new chairs and will not hesitate to purchase from Madison Seating again.

elizabethl205
5/21/18

I have been enjoying a chair that I purchased last year that recently needed servicing. Madisonseating offered to simply replace my old chair for a new one at no cost as part of their warranty service. Truly exceptional product, price and servicing. They are fantastic.

Hi Alice. Thank you for your inquiry! Our records indicate that you placed an order with our company on 5/19/15. At that time, you were told the delivery time frame would be around 10-14 business days. Your chair is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow which is right within the time frame we estimated. The chair you purchased was part of our clearance sale section and the prices are reduced considerably so that yourr savings will be several hundred dollars. Due to the tremendous response on our clearance sale items, the delivery time gets estimated at 10-14 business days. Our customer's are willing to wait the extra few days on the shipping since our prices and services cannot be beat. Your purchase includes a 30 day satisfaction guarantee and 10 year warranty with Madisonseating.com. Feel free to contact our customer service department directly for more information relating specifically to your order. Enjoy your new chair!

By madison s., MadisonSeating Representative

Patricia. We understand there was an error in the color chair you received. We offered to pick up the chair at our expense and issue a full refund as we are now sold out of the blue Aeron chair. We did not intentionally ship you an incorrect color chair. Mistakes happen. This was an honest mistake done by a packer, probably due to the holiday rush. The color black and blue are hard to discern on a mesh chair. Please return the chair at this point as your reaction to the error has been a tad excessive.

By madison s., MadisonSeating Representative

Hi Lonnie. We do not simply cancel orders without there being a good reason. Your placed (2) separate orders with us and it appears you are confused by your purchases. The first order was processed successfully with the payment you provided and shipped in a timely manner. You were emailed a confirmation of this order along with an order number assigned for that transaction. On the second order you attempted to place you provided a new email address and an invalid credit card number. The order was flagged as a potentially fraudulent transaction and subsequently canceled. Again, an email confirmation with a DIFFERENT order number was emailed to you along with a notification indicating there was an issue with the payment provided. It appears you may have gotten confused by your own purchases. We are always available if you need further clarification on these 2 separate purchases.

By madison s., MadisonSeating Representative

As an online company we are vigilant about fraud. You provided an invalid credit card number that was being declined by our processor. Your order has a high fraud rating and was flagged. If a customer is indeed legitimate and not looking to commit online fraud, they would have rectified the situation with the credit card and simply placed a new order online.

By madison s., MadisonSeating Representative

The warranty we offer covers any mechanical issues that may arise during normal use of the product

By madison s., MadisonSeating Representative

Thank you for your interest in Madison Seating, currently the largest retailer in North America for brand name office chairs at the lowest prices possible! The "Open Box Specials" featured on our website are a great way to save money on the best selling chairs on the market today. These brand name chairs are being sold for more than half off their retail value and will include free shipping!! "Open Box" simply means, the item is out of the original packaging. The chair was either, returned, refurbished, on display or has been in inventory for awhile and since been placed on a clearance. The merchandise is in perfect working condition. In addition, you will be provided with a 30 day money back satisfaction guarantee and 10-year Madison Seating warranty. We are so confident that our prices are currently the lowest on the internet we are willing to not only match but beat anyone selling these item(s) at a lower cost. Best regards, Allie Madison Seating 888-704-3435

By madison s., MadisonSeating Representative

Hi Fong, Our records indicate that you were sent an email apologizing for the error in sending you a the Size B chair and not the Size A chair as requested. We offered you a generous compensation to keep the incorrect size chair or the option of picking up the chair for full refund or exchange. In fact, a fedex pre-paid label was already sent to you. Please contact our customer service department if you did not receive this information. The Team at Madisonseating.com

By madison s., MadisonSeating Representative

Thank you for your interest in Madison Seating, currently the largest retailer in North America for brand name office chairs at the lowest prices possible! Our Steelcase chairs are part of our open box specials. The "Open Box Specials" featured on our website are a great way to save money on the best selling chairs on the market today. "Open Box" simply means, the item is out of the original packaging. The chair was either, returned, refurbished, on display or has been in inventory for awhile and since been placed on a clearance. The merchandise is in perfect working condition and 100% authentic. In addition, you will be provided with a 30 day money back satisfaction guarantee and 10-year Madison Seating warranty. We are so confident that our prices are currently the lowest on the internet we are willing to not only match but beat anyone selling these item(s) at a lower cos

By madison s., MadisonSeating Representative

Thank you for your interest in Madison Seating, currently the largest retailer in North America for brand name office chairs at the lowest prices possible! The "Open Box Specials" featured on our website are a great way to save money on the best selling chairs on the market today. "Open Box" simply means, the item is out of the original packaging. The chair was either, returned, refurbished, on display or has been in inventory for awhile and since been placed on a clearance. The merchandise is in perfect working condition and 100% authentic. In addition, you will be provided with a 30 day money back satisfaction guarantee and 10-year Madison Seating warranty. We are so confident that our prices are currently the lowest on the internet we are willing to not only match but beat anyone selling these item(s) at a lower cost.

By madison s., MadisonSeating Representative
Questions? Get answers from the MadisonSeating staff and other customers.

MadisonSeating?