Review of Wayfair

Tel: 1-877-929-3247
service@wayfair.com

ajlak1
4/25/19

The site tells you they send your package with "care", just received my tv stand and it was literally broken in half. It was only wrapped in card board... ONLY CARD BOARD. Who does that with such fragile things that people work their ass off to pay for??? I am not happy, this ruined my whole entire day. Quit your job if you don't know how to wrap fragile items with plenty of protection.

dianam285
4/22/19

I see Wayfair.com merchandise on home redecorating television shows. When new and when placed in a newly painted home, items look okay. Most are flimsy and chip or scratch easily. Constructing Wayfair furniture can be quite arduous. Returning an item is a prolonged negotiation with hostile customer service agents. I will not use again.

robs344
4/22/19

After reading all the negative reviews I was leery about placing an order but since Wayfair had the cheapest price on the patio deck box I wanted I decided to take a chance. I'm glad I did. My deck box arrived within three days with no issues whatsoever. I won't hesitate to order again in the future.

maryb1056
4/18/19

Like many here I advise you RUN AWAY from Wayfair. They were good in the past, but I guess since they became popular they run a SCAM operation now. You order, you get confirmation, you get shipping info and estimated delivery date. Your item never arrives, instead it "disappears" in transit. They offer refund, you say "but I wanted the item", they say "oh well you can reorder it but now it is twice the price and we simply cannot honor our original price".

emmar64
4/14/19

I purchased a low end lamp from them fall 2018. I put both together and then threw away the boxes. There was a design flaw and it fell over while on a blanket. This is dangerous. The man I got was very difficult and rude. He said that I would have to get these back into the boxes and would lose $15 per lamp. I had 2. I would lose my hard earned money on a lamp. A friend of mine purchased a table and chairs outdoor for me. I had to threaten filing a claim with the better business bureau. Then they came around. I told them they would have to pick up the lamps. I'm not a packaging engineer or any kind of engineer and live in a minimalist way. I don't have room to store boxes after I know the product works. I hope they take the low end products out of their line. It tarnishes there reputation. Where I live money does not grown on trees.

A worker came to my and home used the chair. Not sure what happened my back was turned but the chair was destroyed and she was on the floor. Her boss came later and threw it away from me. She denied wanting me to call an ambulance.. Wayfair actually asked if she was ok. These chairs have a 250 lb weight limit and there was no way she is 250 lbs. anyway this time I got a great rep who is sending a replacement chair. People when using any chair don't drop yourself into it. This applies to antiques and new chairs alike. Chairs are for sitting in not catching our full weight.

Purchased my friend a duvet cover. At the same time as the lamps. Asked him to look it all over then wash and dry and look over again. He liked it. It worked out. He had to open his gift early, because the return policy would end.

To be continued after more info from the chair incident.

maxh111
4/14/19

ordered something from them and they decided that they wanted to charge me more for the product so they sent me a follow up email saying they cant send me the item. terrible service and unreliable people. dont order anything from them ever!!!

bettyc182
4/13/19

SO NOT HAPPY WITH WAYFAIR!!

I ordered a bathroom vanity and was promised delivery on a specific date and time... confirmed by emails & text messages. When i called the day it was to be delivered I was told thay they LOST it?!?!!! Not even a courtesy call! Here's just a portion on my communication with their case worker:

"Hello Sesha. It is very unfortunate that our order was not delivered today as promised especially since delivery was confirmed by phone yesterday and I received a confirmation email this morning as well. Based on that information the contractor was at my house today to complete the installation. Since i was informed that the item is lost I had to tell the contractor to leave. We will have to pay him an additional amount to come back to install.
We will also incur additional costs based on the delay. An appointment for our house appraisal was scheduled for this Friday in order to meet our refinancing deadline of April 17th. The appraisal cannot be done until the plumbing for the sink/vanity is completed. We had to cancel Friday's appointment. We were also informed that we will incur a quarter point to extend the deadline.

Based on the above information the delay will cost us an additional amount approximating as much as the vanity cost - if not more. We could have bought a higher end item locally for what it will cost us in the end. We are very disappointed with Wayfair.

Also, where is the vanity that was confirmed on the truck to be delivered today? According to online tracking, it is still scheduled for delivery.

Please advise what your company will be doing to rectify this problem."

UPDATE: Wayfair still has no idea where my original order is & offered only 25% off the price of the vanity - which will not cover additional incurred costs. They also have not yet guaranteed a delivery date for the delivery of the reorder!

karleym2
4/10/19

WORST ONLINE BUYING EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE. Bought a bed...it's PAID for, they tell me it will be here April 1 between 9am-1pm. I arrange my WORK schedule to be home for delivery. They call at 11am-and tell me they won't be delivering today because they don't have the bed to deliver at the warehouse. I am then assigned a case manager who contacts me Thursday saying they can't find it. So he orders me another bed that will arrive at the warehouse here in Jacksonville FL on April 22, and they will call me to schedule ANOTHER delivery that I will need to arrange my WORK schedule for AGAIN and they can't guarantee free assembly, will will credit me $75. Big deal! I finally told them to keep it, and refund my money. Not worth my time or aggravation. I will NEVER purchase anything from Wayfair. Ever.

jamesr835
3/20/19

AVOID THESE LYING, PRICE CHANGING DIS-HONORABLE PEOPLE!
I have been doing business with major companies for near 30 years, including AVOID Wayfair -
I place 4 furniture items in my cart - a few days later attempted to purchase, and they changed the price.
Called, spoke through rep and supervisor - Their statement "Oh, we are an E-Commerce business, and prices change."
HOG-WASH! In 20 years that has never been true -
OK, change your prices - be dis-honorable - My companies, relatives, employees, nor anyone I know will NEVER do business with WAYFAIR again.
You lose your business 1 customer at a time.................

larryb391
3/13/19

I don't write review, however, my dining room table came pretty damaged. Do not take delivery unless fully inspected. They will not make a refund, even though mine was delivered while I was not at home. They leave you no recourse. This is a shoddy return policy for the average working person.

ursulas13
3/12/19

Wayfair is always my first shopping site for furniture and home decor. The search filters are more detailed than other sites so I can zoom in on what I'm looking for. They also are quick to answer questions regarding specifics of their merchandise. Their shipping is quick and their customer service is responsive when things arrive damaged. I have used them multiple times and have never been disappointed.

latraylc
3/11/19

So I ordered a bed from wayfair that was put on back order AFTER I paid for it and shipping date went from 2 weeks to 3 months!! I would not have ordered that particular bed had I known upfront. There was another bed I tried to order first and it wouldn't let me order it because it was out of stock and I was cool with that. So now I'm sleeping on a f###### mattress on the floor until my bed arrives!!! I can't with this company, first and LAST order!!!!

kathym140
3/11/19

I have bought numerous items for wayfair.ca here in canada.

Its hit or miss. Bought a headboard...was quick and beautiful. 2nd bed they sent wrong bed frame now mind you they did fully refund.

Some items take forever to receive and items are pricey...amazon.ca may have cheaper as discovered.

I will say their customer service is 100% excellent...they are flexible open till 12am. Best customer service I have ever experienced. So for that 4 stars.

arianem2
2/19/19

I bought one gorgeous piece of furniture that arrived swiftly. I paid the high price because that brand isn't available in Canada. So I was really happy to get it. I'm giving the company 3 stars because I noticed that their items were far too often overpriced. For example, I saw my child's Kidcraft toddler bed advertised at $450 when I got it for $190 from Costco. There's no way that bed (although adorable) is worth $400+, it's in melamine. So do your research if you don't want to get fooled.

stevef308
2/18/19

I could make this a very long detailed review but I won't. Tried buying a simple electric blanket as pictured on their website. 1st one had the wrong controllers and you couldn't see the display. Called and sent photo's so they could talk to the warehouse. 2nd blanket came and again was wrong. I was told they were sending the wrong part number. They opened up a report and assigned a case manager. They ordered the 3rd blanket and again it was wrong. So I had 3 wrong blankets all the same. We are not in the 7th week of this and winter is almost over. Finally got an email from the case manager after being assigned 3 weeks ago. I had asked for a phone call but I guess email is easier.

I had to initiate every phone call and in the 7 weeks never received any communication starting with them to fix the problem. What a waste of my time. I received 50% discount and keeping 2 blankets but still not happy. I have 2 blankets of which you cannot read the display. Very poor follow up and communication. No one took control of the problem to solve it. I will never shop there again.

ep230
2/16/19

Ordered a sideboard on 2/5, called on 2/7 and the order had been placed on hold by them, when they released the hold on 2/8, they sent an email saying it would deliver on March 18. Two hours after that they sent an email saying it would not deliver until after June 1st. When 8 days later i am still waiting on the credit. Will no longer do business with them or their other brands Birch and Joss & Main. Be ware, they apparently don't have the items they advertise and then use funds you provide for other purposes. Buyer beware!

claireo13
2/11/19

I thought the customer service was amazing! Got on the phone with a rep immediately and she was super kind and helpful. I needed to buy a couch but I had three visa gift cards I wanted to use toward it. Couldn't figure out how to do it myself so the customer service rep walked me through the whole thing and put them in manually for me! SO nice and highly recommend their service.

johni174
2/7/19

I've boycotted Walmart and Amazon for being billionaire-centric instead of paying a living wage. This store is an awesome alternative. I finally needed their customer service and they far exceeded my expectations there as well.

rogerh180
Should-Use-A- D.
2/5/19

I'm using them more and more these days. The pricing is decent for household goods (interior and exterior), their options seem endless, and they provide quality products that quickly become indispensable, including an amazing aged bronze mailbox with address number placard, and most recently a rolling kitchen island.

barrye91
2/2/19

If you are going to order a rug or small item to be shipped, I am sure it would be fine. For furniture that they are to deliver and build - run. Delivery service vehicle "broke down" the first delivery attempt, I waited 4 hours for nothing. The 2nd delivery attempt, they came at the end of the 4 hour window with two burly truck drivers that didn't know they were supposed to assemble. They did, and they broke the piece. Customer service is on the ball, but they don;t do anything helpful. Stay away!

janicel111
1/21/19

I ordered a table after my husband put it together.And it was put together right. Anyway the table wobbles. And it should not be wobbling. it's a nice table buy it should not be like this.

davidk777
1/18/19

I purchased a La-Z-boy leather james sofa set. Was delivered as promised and on time. Upon setup, I found the sofa to have a small wrinkle in the leather by the pull lever. I contacted Wayfair and was pleasantly surprised at how well they responded. They made sure I was totally happy with three options of which I chose one. Within a short time, they delivered a new sofa and removed the problem one. I was contacted at least 3 times from the time I made the notice until the replacement delivery and then once again to make sure I was happy with EVERYTHING. Amazing customer service.

pattys131
1/10/19

My husband ordered me a curio cabinet for christmas. It was supposed to be delivered by 12/28. Well he kept checking and it said that it was sitting in Roanoke waiting to be delivered. Well after the 1st of the year he called Wayfair and was told they needed to check what happened and would call him back. Well guess what, they never called back and the shipping update was updated with a 1/8/19 delivery date. It finally came but after the 3:00 delivery time they posted. He will never order from Wayfair again. Bad service, rude employees, and so on.

sarahp357
12/26/18

I very much enjoyed working with this company until I experienced a problem and tried to use their customer service. It was a disaster. They could do nothing but say, "No." They were completely unwilling to help. I will never shop with them again.

charlottej35
12/19/18

Wayfair offer assembling services on their website when you order large furniture which they do not offer when the furniture arrives at your door. What the delivery guy told me is that they never assembling your furniture or place in the room of your choice as advertised on their site and you pay more for this service. They do this just to get you to purchase the item and then they give you a refund for the assembling service and tell you it is a mistake on they website. This is false advertisement and some of us should sue them, since it takes up to 4 -8 weeks to get large furniture delivered from Wayfair and then you have no one to put it together when it arrives., The item is to large that you can not return without it costing you alot $$$ or you would pay more in return shipping fees then the price of the item. Their customer service is aware of this false advertisement on their website and cost to the consumers. Beware of this marketing scam by WayFair

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Allison, Yes, the box that the floor lamp came in did have a picture of the lamp on it. I would ask when you order. I hope this helps. James.

By James W.

From my experience, this is company is to be avoided. Sounds like your life will be hectic enough for awhile so you don't need additional stress. Buy elsewhere is my advice.

By judi r.

Need to call Customer Service ( a/k/a Customer Disservice) about any issue. Expect to be disappointed, but they may honor it. Best to avoid Wayfair in the future.

By judi r.

Suggest calling Customer Service aka Customer disservice. A word of advice: buy elsewhere; anywhere else. This Co. just does not care.

By judi r.

No, they will take returns, but you pay fees. As for poor quality, I guess we just swallow it.

By John G.

I wouldn't order anything big from Wayfair. I had to order the same product 3 times, and each time, the product was damaged. Wayfair rhymes with nightmare for a reason.

By Joe W.

Call customer service (aka customer disservice). This company should be avoided. Deal with a reputable Co like Amazon or its partners, They care.

By judi r.

Exact same thing happened to me as many others, the price online said .51 per sq ft, and it said this for at least four days on both the list screen and the screen where you would place your order. When I clicked on it today to put in my order (where the list screen still said .51/sq ft and regular price that was "discounted" was .95, suddenly it started coming up in the cart as $5.88/sq ft. When I called to ask about it, Sadie verified she could see it being offered for .51, but she "had to honor the price in cart." What are you honoring exactly? To use the term "honor" means you are honoring the price you have listed. Thanks for honoring that I could pay 5.37 more, I appreciate it, but no thanks. When you see you are advertising a price, you should "honor" it. She said sorry, that wouldn't help them make a profit, really she said this. I will not be doing business with Wayfair again and would advise everyone to double and triple check before you order, they may jack up the price on you at the very last second then try to convince you they are doing you a favor by charging you over 500% more.

By Jackie C.

They were apparently starting a Canadian website but its never happened. There is no wayfair in Ontario. That's why ordering take forever from them, It gets shipped to the border eventually, but than sits there till it goes through customs by their broker that takes his time, than eventually it makes its way to You.

By ge g.

Wayfair is horrible, still waiting for recliners I ordered almost a month ago

By Jay D.
Questions? Get answers from the Wayfair staff and other customers.

Wayfair?