Review of Wayfair

Tel: 1-877-929-3247
service@wayfair.com

arianem2
2/19/19

I bought one gorgeous piece of furniture that arrived swiftly. I paid the high price because that brand isn't available in Canada. So I was really happy to get it. I'm giving the company 3 stars because I noticed that their items were far too often overpriced. For example, I saw my child's Kidcraft toddler bed advertised at $450 when I got it for $190 from Costco. There's no way that bed (although adorable) is worth $400+, it's in melamine. So do your research if you don't want to get fooled.

stevef308
2/18/19

I could make this a very long detailed review but I won't. Tried buying a simple electric blanket as pictured on their website. 1st one had the wrong controllers and you couldn't see the display. Called and sent photo's so they could talk to the warehouse. 2nd blanket came and again was wrong. I was told they were sending the wrong part number. They opened up a report and assigned a case manager. They ordered the 3rd blanket and again it was wrong. So I had 3 wrong blankets all the same. We are not in the 7th week of this and winter is almost over. Finally got an email from the case manager after being assigned 3 weeks ago. I had asked for a phone call but I guess email is easier.

I had to initiate every phone call and in the 7 weeks never received any communication starting with them to fix the problem. What a waste of my time. I received 50% discount and keeping 2 blankets but still not happy. I have 2 blankets of which you cannot read the display. Very poor follow up and communication. No one took control of the problem to solve it. I will never shop there again.

ep230
2/16/19

Ordered a sideboard on 2/5, called on 2/7 and the order had been placed on hold by them, when they released the hold on 2/8, they sent an email saying it would deliver on March 18. Two hours after that they sent an email saying it would not deliver until after June 1st. When 8 days later i am still waiting on the credit. Will no longer do business with them or their other brands Birch and Joss & Main. Be ware, they apparently don't have the items they advertise and then use funds you provide for other purposes. Buyer beware!

claireo13
2/11/19

I thought the customer service was amazing! Got on the phone with a rep immediately and she was super kind and helpful. I needed to buy a couch but I had three visa gift cards I wanted to use toward it. Couldn't figure out how to do it myself so the customer service rep walked me through the whole thing and put them in manually for me! SO nice and highly recommend their service.

johni174
2/7/19

I've boycotted Walmart and Amazon for being corrupt monopolies that don't pay a living wage. This store is an awesome alternative. I hope they treat their employees right, because they do everything else right. They seem to have an agreement with FedEx too where the packages normally get delivered first thing in the morning, which is a nice perk.

rogerh180
2/5/19

I'm using them more and more these days. The pricing is decent for household goods (interior and exterior), their options seem endless, and they provide quality products that quickly become indispensable, including an amazing aged bronze mailbox with address number placard, and most recently a rolling kitchen island.

barrye91
2/2/19

If you are going to order a rug or small item to be shipped, I am sure it would be fine. For furniture that they are to deliver and build - run. Delivery service vehicle "broke down" the first delivery attempt, I waited 4 hours for nothing. The 2nd delivery attempt, they came at the end of the 4 hour window with two burly truck drivers that didn't know they were supposed to assemble. They did, and they broke the piece. Customer service is on the ball, but they don;t do anything helpful. Stay away!

janicel111
1/21/19

I ordered a table after my husband put it together.And it was put together right. Anyway the table wobbles. And it should not be wobbling. it's a nice table buy it should not be like this.

davidk777
1/18/19

I purchased a La-Z-boy leather james sofa set. Was delivered as promised and on time. Upon setup, I found the sofa to have a small wrinkle in the leather by the pull lever. I contacted Wayfair and was pleasantly surprised at how well they responded. They made sure I was totally happy with three options of which I chose one. Within a short time, they delivered a new sofa and removed the problem one. I was contacted at least 3 times from the time I made the notice until the replacement delivery and then once again to make sure I was happy with EVERYTHING. Amazing customer service.

pattys131
1/10/19

My husband ordered me a curio cabinet for christmas. It was supposed to be delivered by 12/28. Well he kept checking and it said that it was sitting in Roanoke waiting to be delivered. Well after the 1st of the year he called Wayfair and was told they needed to check what happened and would call him back. Well guess what, they never called back and the shipping update was updated with a 1/8/19 delivery date. It finally came but after the 3:00 delivery time they posted. He will never order from Wayfair again. Bad service, rude employees, and so on.

sarahp357
12/26/18

I very much enjoyed working with this company until I experienced a problem and tried to use their customer service. It was a disaster. They could do nothing but say, "No." They were completely unwilling to help. I will never shop with them again.

charlottej35
12/19/18

Wayfair offer assembling services on their website when you order large furniture which they do not offer when the furniture arrives at your door. What the delivery guy told me is that they never assembling your furniture or place in the room of your choice as advertised on their site and you pay more for this service. They do this just to get you to purchase the item and then they give you a refund for the assembling service and tell you it is a mistake on they website. This is false advertisement and some of us should sue them, since it takes up to 4 -8 weeks to get large furniture delivered from Wayfair and then you have no one to put it together when it arrives., The item is to large that you can not return without it costing you alot $$$ or you would pay more in return shipping fees then the price of the item. Their customer service is aware of this false advertisement on their website and cost to the consumers. Beware of this marketing scam by WayFair

leannl6
LeAnn L.
12/6/18

Always fast shipping,good quality products. Wayfair has EVERYTHING for the home. I have bought many items and have never been dissatisfied.

janel175
12/3/18

I try, whenever possible, to buy local, pay cash and support my community with my transactions. When I do go online, I want something of quality and I need it fast. I have Wayfair as my first stop for furnishings for the home. The reviews are helpful, the quality tends to be high overall, and the customer service is very good. I hold their feet to the fire when I am unhappy, and they respond. I think our on-line businesses are as good as we demand they be, and I think Wayfair does a great job.

jessical511
11/28/18

I ordered a mattress and after I realized it was going to arrive later than expected I tried to cancel online with no luck as the system told me it was already loaded for shipment. The customer service rep was outstanding and got everything taken care of for me in a matter of minutes. Very impressed and will continue buying from Wayfair as a result!!

janed155
11/27/18

As a new customer, I ordered a product from Wayfair. Originally it stated that the item would arrive within a couple of days. After I placed the order I got a notice that said it wouldn't arrive for over a week. So I cancelled the order and found the same item on Amazon which I received the next day and at a better price. I also ordered a second furniture item from Wayfair that same day. After placing it I read a couple of reviews that implied it was not a quality item and was also sized more for a child than an adult. So I cancelled that order right away and confirmed it with a phone call to customer service. A day or two later I received both cancelled items and also discovered that one of them had been charged to my new Wayfair credit card without my permission. (Originally I had made payment with my debit card.) I returned both items the same day they arrived and spoke with customer service who said they'd cancel the payment charged on my Wayfair credit card. After so many mistakes in a short period of time, I asked them to close my account. I decided that Wayfair didn't seem to have very good communication between departments and as a whole seemed disorganized. I thought at that time that my account was all paid up but I discovered later that I still had a small balance due from an earlier purchase. So I confirmed with customer service the total amount due and then went online and made the full payment that same day. A month later I received a new bill stating that my payment had been a day late and they were then charging me a $25 late fee with interest on top of it. After reaching out again to customer service they stated that even though I had been told what my current balance was at the time of payment and in spite of them failing to inform me of a possible late fee and even though I paid the balance stated online, there was nothing they could do since the account had been closed. In order to avoid future late fees and charges, I'd have to pay the new balance due. I paid the extra charges begrudgingly and mentioned that I'd be writing this review. So, I'm through with the dismal, short-lived Wayfair experience. I'm sticking with Amazon from now on.

ambern33
11/15/18

I have been impressed with every purchase I've made on wayfair. I don't look for furniture anywhere else now. You just can't beat the quality and prices.

julieh133
10/30/18

Ordered a bed and one of the pieces was broken on the frame when I opened the second box. I called Wayfair Customer Service and the rep was empathetic, professional, courteous and FAST. She immediately placed the order to have another bed frame shipped to me and said to do whatever I wanted with the broken one, no need to send it back. The new frame arrived in two days...HAPPY! It's seldom nowadays anything occurs hassle-free, so quick corrections are much appreciated!

annam451
10/24/18

Unacceptable, disappointed, unprofessional and the worst experience ever!! I called to place an order for a headboard and bed frame to ensure that both items fit with each other. I receive my packages both headboard and bedframe last week and so decided to put it together this week and I noticed that the bolts and nuts to attach the headboard to the bed frame was missing. I contacted customer service and explain the situation to them and I was told that I would receive the missing hardware or the next day. So once the hardware arrived I notice the items were still missing the nuts and the bolts were too short. I called customer service again spoke to someone named Amy she instructed that I should go to a local hardware store and purchase the nuts and bolts and they will give me credit and I told her this is unacceptable the reason why I order online is to avoid the store so long story short I will never order from Wayfair again. They way they treat their paying customers is insane. NEVER EVER AGAIN...no one should be treated this way

joshuaw226
10/24/18

A terrible experience and their customer service reps don't care. I ordered 5 items in one order. They botched the delivery on 3 items. They sent to the wrong address (sent to billing address instead of shipping address). These are large items and returning things like rugs is very difficult. Wayfair was very helpful in covering the cost of the returns and reshipping. But did nothing to acknowledge the extra effort and challenges I needed to go through to get a 9'x8' rug returned. Then when they delivered a couch their delivery company charged my daughter $150 cash to assemble the couch. Wayfair customer service told me that the standard charge should have been $100 but since it was paid in cash they could do nothing about it - even though this was WAYFAIR's delivery company and not a third party. They suck.

dwaynek15
10/16/18

I have been watching Wayfair for over a year and just placed my first order. Well, of course, it was horrible. They deliver the wrong product and charged me $45 for a handyman to assemble it. Well, when I informed them about the wrong product delivered, they credit me $14 for the handyman service and then handyman tells me it will cost $90 for them to come out. Wayfair then emails me and tells me they don't have the product I ordered. I tell you what...just cancel the entire order and provide me a full refund. I'll stick with Amazon.

marias461
10/13/18

I ordered an outdoor dining set that was supposed to be delivered a few weeks ago. First it was just delayed. When it finally arrived, it was missing chairs. The Wayfair told me I could keep it as is (with 4 chairs instead of 6), but had to sign papers that I received the order in full and had no claims. I said I would sign for what I received, but they refused (were very rude about it, too) and took the whole thing away. Then we had a week's long exchange where some of their reps said the missing chairs arrived in the warehouse and some insisted they were lost in transit. We finally agreed with the manager Sam that I'll take what they have, sign that I received everything, but he will make sure I'll get the missing chairs. The delivery was scheduled, I received a confirmation email, amended my schedule, waited for 4 hours, but my order never arrived. When I called, I was told there was a mistake and my set didn't get loaded on the truck. Two more hours on the phone and the manager of the warehouse gave me his word I'll receive my set the first thing in the morning. But nope, it did not arrive the following morning either. Wayfair is beyond unreliable.

micheleh143
10/2/18

During that last few months I have purchased a number of items (ie pillows, console table, ceiling light fixture, some pictured below) from Wayfair and Birch Lane. I have all of the products to be of very good quality, and their Customer Service has been excellent.

alanb268
9/24/18

Bought a chest freezer.
Arrived with an array of dents at the bottom.
I was not upset enough to swap it out for another one--which they offered.
Instead asked for a discount.
Was thinking maybe 15 or 20%. They offered me a 38% discount.
Damned decent.

charlottev12
9/20/18

After recovering from a flood, we had to rebuild our home, buy all new furniture and household products to replace what was lost, first time I got on Wayfair was before the holidays 2017, I was impressed with the large stock of products they had, I have made dozens of purchases from Wayfair, .. everything from light fixtures, to furniture to dishes,etc. out of all of them, one purchase for a dog pen was a disappointment. Only because the pen appeared larger in the picture from the angle taken, I did read measurements, but assumed by the picture it would have been plenty big, other than that, the shipping was quick like the rest of my purchases. I have noticed some of their prices marked on their products have been a little higher than other sites offer for a same item. but they're easy to shop online, and they have an incredible stock of merchandise to choose from, I will continue to shop with Wayfair and recommend them highly to anyone.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Allison, Yes, the box that the floor lamp came in did have a picture of the lamp on it. I would ask when you order. I hope this helps. James.

By James W.

From my experience, this is company is to be avoided. Sounds like your life will be hectic enough for awhile so you don't need additional stress. Buy elsewhere is my advice.

By judi r.

Need to call Customer Service ( a/k/a Customer Disservice) about any issue. Expect to be disappointed, but they may honor it. Best to avoid Wayfair in the future.

By judi r.

Suggest calling Customer Service aka Customer disservice. A word of advice: buy elsewhere; anywhere else. This Co. just does not care.

By judi r.

No, they will take returns, but you pay fees. As for poor quality, I guess we just swallow it.

By John G.

I wouldn't order anything big from Wayfair. I had to order the same product 3 times, and each time, the product was damaged. Wayfair rhymes with nightmare for a reason.

By Joe W.

Call customer service (aka customer disservice). This company should be avoided. Deal with a reputable Co like Amazon or its partners, They care.

By judi r.

Exact same thing happened to me as many others, the price online said .51 per sq ft, and it said this for at least four days on both the list screen and the screen where you would place your order. When I clicked on it today to put in my order (where the list screen still said .51/sq ft and regular price that was "discounted" was .95, suddenly it started coming up in the cart as $5.88/sq ft. When I called to ask about it, Sadie verified she could see it being offered for .51, but she "had to honor the price in cart." What are you honoring exactly? To use the term "honor" means you are honoring the price you have listed. Thanks for honoring that I could pay 5.37 more, I appreciate it, but no thanks. When you see you are advertising a price, you should "honor" it. She said sorry, that wouldn't help them make a profit, really she said this. I will not be doing business with Wayfair again and would advise everyone to double and triple check before you order, they may jack up the price on you at the very last second then try to convince you they are doing you a favor by charging you over 500% more.

By Jackie C.

They were apparently starting a Canadian website but its never happened. There is no wayfair in Ontario. That's why ordering take forever from them, It gets shipped to the border eventually, but than sits there till it goes through customs by their broker that takes his time, than eventually it makes its way to You.

By ge g.

Wayfair is horrible, still waiting for recliners I ordered almost a month ago

By Jay D.
Questions? Get answers from the Wayfair staff and other customers.

Wayfair?