Review of OfficeDepot

privacysupport@officedepot.com
2018 Customer choice award

jessicas608
2/16/19

I needed to furnish an office in one of my suites asap. I did not want to wait for 2 days through Amazon. I spent a lot of time searching local office supply stores online and found that Office Depot had the items I wanted. I checked the "in store availability" option online and found that the nearest store with all of the items that I needed was 30 miles away. I had to wait for nearly two days to have the time, moving truck, and staff to drive 30 miles and retrieve the items. It took us most of the morning to meet, get the truck, and drive 30 miles north. When we got to the store, literally, every item was out of stock and only had the floor item available, which we were told we could not purchase.

Let me break this down. 1) The website specifically stated the items were in the store which is inaccurate. 2) The floor models were out in the store, but there was no product which is misleading. 3) We were not able to purchase any floor models which is frustrating since it made the entire Office Depot production futile.

Additionally, the store clerk and manager were not helpful in any way. They looked irritated that we were in there (the store was completely empty).

Finally, the best part of this story is this: We called customer service to voice our complaint and the customer service representative offered to ship us the items for free and we would receive them in 7 to 10 business days! Seriously funny! Amazon does the same thing for free in TWO days! So, we spent two thousand dollars at Amazon and wrote an awful review on Google.

Office Depot will close down like a lot of other retailers because they are not keeping up with an online presence and they have deplorable customer service. Not to worry for those of you in customer service, though! I've heard Amazon treats their employees well

yafett
1/4/19

I made an order of a desktop on cyber Monday for a desktop for a $400 for a pick up store. When i went to pick up, they said my bank cancelled it. I called my bank the next day and they said they didn't cancel anything, so I called office depot and told them to go ahead with my order, so they send me another address for pickup, I went to the store and again they told me it was cancelled. I couldn't believe it, so I had to do it three times , at last they told me the items are no longer there for pick up and they will only deliver the product. I waited for the delivery in which they gave me a receipt for it, nothing happened, I called again for the fifth time they cancelled it and told me the price is no longer there and had to argue a lot and offered me a discount of $80 for the trouble they made. So I ordered the item and waited again and no show. I called they said the item is nom longer there, they did that for the past three month totally 9 times. I called for a supervisor, they told me his at lunch at 10 am and that they would call me back, they never did. I called today and asked for a supervisor and still they said his not there. All of this cause they didn't want give me that 80$ discount.I will never shop again and they use this trick by saying order is being cancelled and if you ask why , they say the item is no longer there & if you order another item, they say they will deliver but they don't take the money from the bank and they don't send any email that they cancelled it.

annes57
12/11/18

After attempting to purchase business cards from another office supply store on Madison, I went to Office Depot/Office Max. They did my business cards in 10 minutes and they were able to take the design off of an email. I couldn't have been more pleased.

The next day I came back for poster board for a small sign I had. They not only sold me the board, they cut and mounted it for me!

I also asked if they could copy, create a new sign: change the color - Dillin did such a wonderful job. Their service is excellant

reyb5
11/26/18

Went to site on DAY BEFORE Cyber Monday, put item in cart , went to computer-savvy friend's house, he approved, went back onsite--they had raised the price 6%. They had "a limited supply" at Cyber Monday prices . . . So limited they ran out 8 hours BEFORE Monday . BAIT AND SWITCH!

landonc18
11/15/18

OfficeDepot is pretty ok, you can find pretty much any kind of office supplies here. I was looking for some printer ink here and was having a hard time finding something for my specific model but eventually it all worked out.

julieh133
10/29/18

The location is why I'm giving this business in Kemah two stars. Easy in & out. After this, it goes all down hill. Customer Services begins at the top and trickles down from there. The print desk area has employees with not only poor customer service skills, but unfortunately, bad attitudes as well. Management and/or supervisors no where in site, no matter how many people are waiting. The apathy that runs within the organization at this particular location is deep and very negative. Stores with horrible customer service such as this one will be wiped out and will go out of business very quickly.

annam436
9/23/18

The staff of office depot was rude and was not willing to help. I easily found what I needed, 3 pieces of paper for 5 dollars! Their bathrooms were a mess and smelled horrible too. Do not go to the office depot in Bowie!!

josepha238
9/21/18

My review submitted to Office Depot that was rejected. [Not present in original in brackets]

I will not buy this product from Office Depot. The offer of a discount for registering with Office Depot was prominently shown [directly below Add to Cart - see image] on the product page so I registered. Then I read on the registration email that technology products were excluded [see images]. The coupon code appeared automatically on the checkout page but was rejected.

Can't speak for the product, but Office Depot gets zero stars. I am very disappointed with Office Depot.

[See images of Coupon in Acceptance email and text of Comment Rejection email.]

stevec488
9/20/18

Awful, The first agent didn't even know company policy on price matches. Almost made me make a whole other order just to receive a simple price match, Not to mention taking over a hour to get it sorted. I had to call in her or his supervisor just to get a refund instead of forcing me to make a whole other order. Why spend over a hour making a whole other order when you could just refund me the difference. One of the most frustrating customer service experience ever, This will make me think twice about making a purchase at office depot. There price matching policy on there website says that there supposes to just refund you the difference, Not sure why this agent gave me the run around.

jayj163
9/20/18

Under a time crunch and emotional duress, I was forced to create and order funeral programs for my father's funeral, the night before his service. The website stated 'ready by 7pm the next day' but I needed them by noon. I also needed them folded and another product of memory cards trimmed to same size (there were 2 per sheet). I had to just trust it would be done well, as there would be no time to re-do. The next morning I called the store at 10 am and print desk said she had them printed and ready to go. Upon pick up, it was clear she had taken time to do everything I needed (even though I had not specified as much in the online order notes). She had folded the programs and not just trimmed the cards, but trimmed them to all be the same size so they looked nice in a stack. It might have been normal operating procedure for them, I don't know, but her act of having them done first thing and making sure they were printed correctly, folded as needed, and trimmed to size, was the last thing I experienced before preparing and attending my father's funeral service. This REALLY did make a big difference and I will be letting her bosses at the store know.

mohh2
9/17/18

I purchased this product on sale then after couple days they cancel the order but they did not cancel the extended warranty. I spoke to a representative they said it is a discontinued item but the item is available on their website. Do not trust office depot sale.

debc94
8/22/18

Ordered two black and white copies over two weeks ago. They immediately took the money from my account, but never shipped the copies. I called last week and after waiting 25 minutes on the phone, they located my order but had no idea whether it had shipped or not. They promised a follow up email which never came. A week later, still no copies and no follow up emails. I called back to request a refund and they tell me it will take 7-10 days. They take the money immediately from me, ignore my order completely, then expect me to wait 10 days for a refund. Oh, and their call center is in the Philippines.

henrya65
7/7/18

I set up a business account for my sales team and it makes reordering, tracking items, monitoring budget, and just generally taking care of business much easier.

pauld172
5/2/18

Around March 23, 2018 I bought a box of paper from OFFICE DEPOT. They offered a $25 rebate. I asked the clerk specifically if I had to use the rebate at any OFFICE DEPOT / MAX stores and he said "NO" and that I could use it at ANY store or just cash it.

Well today is May 2 and I STILL do not have the rebate so I chatted with them and they said i should have it in 10 days BUT that I would have to use it at their stores ONLY!!

Again that is not what I was told originally!

I run a very successful mail order business for the last 44 years and if I operated like this I wouldn't be in business.

So please BEWARE of this store and DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!

dees103
4/24/18

Officedepot is the most valuable business resource we have EVER purchased. I didn't even need training.

tanyong
3/21/18

My online experience is better than the floor sale people in my local office depot on Caroline St, Edgewood Atlanta Ga, I ordered a desk online for pick up and an hour later it was ready get to the store and the manager has an attitude. I thought when you place an order online and request to pick at the local store i thought the item should be ready took them 20 minutes to pull my item. I work from home so I am always in the store buying paper or ink and headset. Not enough sale floor people i saw 1 girl with dreads and she seem to be running the floor to the register. The print side is always friendly and very helpful. Need new management the one I dealt with is too comfortable and unprofessional.

minam21
3/13/18

Was looking for a certain air purifier and to be honest I never thought to look on office depot. 3 major stores I went to said they had the air purifier but it was out of stock? Ummm ok....that means you don't have it. I decided to google for it and low and behold it said Office Depot had it. For starters I never shop at Office Depot. We don't even have one where I live. To be honest I never thought a place like Office Depot would have it, but they did! So I ordered it on a Sunday. I decided to pick the cheapest shipping. I didn't care if it took 5 to 7 days to get it, I just cared that I would get it. Ok so they shipped it out and I got it MONDAY! I never seen such fast shipping before in my life. I can only assume because the nearest warehouse is 4 hours away from me. They impressed me by shipping it out right away. The package arrived unscratched and no flaws with the product either. I quickly did the warranty on my new air purifier and been using it since they delivered it last week. I don't know about how good their customer service is or if they have good office products ...what I do know is they really impressed me with their fast shipping. Thanks Office Depot!!!

marinao10
12/28/17

There is no better shop for your office needs for sure! Checked. I always use them a few times each month.

cristinas24
12/11/17

It often takes more than a couple of extra to arrive. .Not sure if they drivers have too many, forget small packages on the truck, but I've waited a week for a case of paper That's my only complaint.

albaita
12/8/17

saya sangat menyukai plagramme karena sangat membantu pekerjaan saya dalam menyelesaikan tugas-tugas saya sehingga dapat terhindar dari plagiasi. hal ini meguntungkan saya karena dapat dijalankan dengan mudah tanpa adanya kendala yang merugikan saya. terimakasih plagramme

christiand52
12/5/17

The store of "I need it now". usually not the cheapest, but if i need office supplies now and I can't wait for a shipment, here they are.

abbyc8
12/3/17

I think this is a pretty great store, especially in you need supplies for your child school presentation or like a science fair. Easy to navigate through and helpful staff. Just not my all-time favorite craft/supply store. I still prefer Michaels craft store

rr115
11/30/17

Bought a desk in July tried returning it 2 week after because horrible sent wont go away was told to air it out no problem it will go away it does not got away I get a rash on my arm also gut scraped on my arm from desk that left a light scar because the $#*!ing desk is coated with formaldehyde contacted office depot customer service FOLLOWED THEIR steps and still haven't gotten any results called their support spoke with an ass name kyle that was no help that admitted they coat their products with FORMALDEHYDE.

maureenc29
11/30/17

Though some items are more expensive than elsewhere, back to school supplies are often good deals when on sale. Customer service is pretty good usually

pamelaf11
11/26/17

I like going to Office Depot for office supplies. I really like buying printing paper from their stores. It feels really nice!
It helps to shop there, you earn discounts.

93 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the OfficeDepot staff and other customers.

6 Photos for OfficeDepot