Review of Joss & Main

Boston, MA 02115
service@jossandmain.com

laurenh97
2/12/18

I have had a very impressive experience with Joss and Main's customer service department on more than one occasion. Each representative I've spoken with has been extremely pleasant and willing to help resolve the issue.
My returns/exchanges have been free of charge and I'm so pleased with how prompt the delivery has been. The rugs and barstools that we purchased for our new home are a perfect fit. I will undoubtedly continue shopping here.
One happy customer!

anns170
1/11/18

Careful with ordering furniture from this company-I'm not sure about smaller items.
I ordered 3 dressers from this company on Dec 13-delivery was supposed to be on or before Jan 10th. January 10th has come and gone. No call, No show. No shipping updates in 3 weeks. I became concerned and called Joss and Main. The customer service rep told me that they LOST the dressers...told her that I had a tracking number. She said that the number doesn't help. I was told by the customer service rep "they could be in a warehouse somewhere...they may have never been shipped. We don't know. The storm really screwed things up with shipping" she said.
She informed me that they have to do some investigating to find out where the dressers are. I inquired about my next point of communication with Joss and Main??? I was told "they may be calling me back within 24 hours, could be next week."
A very wise gentleman on here posted a review and mentioned calling your credit card company as they may be able to help. THANK YOU Discover for taking care of this for me!! My account has been credited and I will never do business with Joss and Main again.

laurac285
1/11/18

I have ordered the stretched canvas piece called "Down the River". As a designer I was skeptical of ordering online but I am absolutely thrilled with on my light grey walls placed over a white loveseat. The greyish appearance takes on a mor navy blue cast.
I wouldn't worry about getting this for a client now. It has an edginess which I love too!
Laura Cascadden

brittneys16
1/2/18

I received a conformation email stating that my $400 purchase was shipped, but the chairs were out of stock. A whole week after I ordered them. There was no way that I was spending more money to get chairs that looked nothing like I ordered. She didn't offer a promo code or coupon for their mistake. Will not order from them again. The email states that the $268 will be back in my account within 3-5 days. I sure do hope so.

tmpmustangg
12/28/17

I ordered 2 pet gazebos and received 2 cheap gazebo covers .....6 Days Late.....after Christmas! BAIT and SWITCH!!!!!!
No customer service. Warning, RUN!!!!! Just the run around. RUN!!!!!!! Joss and main is the worst online company that I have dealt with. RUN!!!!!

Offered to sell me a gazebo for over $100. In addition to what I paid. Dishonest!!!!!!

I have no words and no expectations from joss and main at this point just disappointment after disappointment.

NO customer service from case management, and now NO delivery for Christmas.
2 pet gazebo ordered on 12/12/17 with delivery 12/22/17

NO DELIVERY

Nothing under the Christmas tree. Thank you.

Something is clearly shady.

As of 12/20/17 8:36 pm, shipped 2 Laurie pet gazebos. PET GAZEBOS!

Invoice states that I will receive 2 pet gazebo ordered on 12/12/17 delivery 12/22/17. Gazebos covers delivered on 12/28/17 two cheap covers.

Be warned!

Tip for consumers: Stop! Be warned!

davidd406
12/27/17

Ordered a tv stand with a fireplace. The box had a little damage, so before I opened the box I called them. They had amazing customer service. They explained what to do, if the product was damaged. The product wasn't damaged, and was exactly has shown on the site. Over all had a pleasant experience with this company and would order again.

Tip for consumers: Would recommend this site to others.

devs11
12/11/17

Wish I would have read the reviews prior to my purchases. Will post an independentl reivew of this company tomorrow.

desio1
11/29/17

I wish I knew the CS's name who helped me, but he was so helpful! We ordered 2 nightstand cabinets and 1 came pretty damaged (which can happen via ups and shipment) . I called in the evening the day they were delivered, no long wait time, and they ordered me a replacement right away! They definitely stand behind their items.

davide210
10/6/17

I ordered a 5 piece dining table/chairs and only the table and 4 chairs were delivered. I called in to customer service and they said that they would look into this while I waited. I found out that they could not ship out the 2 missing chairs, which made no sense to me because 2 chairs are packaged in a single box... so what's the problem? Later, I was told that the 2 chairs are going to be shipped. Problem solved right??? Not quite... I was told that they would arrive the following week by Friday and that I would receive a confirmation email of delivery. Well, no email and no chairs came by Friday.

I called in on Monday and was told that they could not ship "just" the 2 chairs. This makes ZERO sense to me and I asked, "When were you going to tell me this?" I was then told that the only way for me to get the chairs was to go online and order them and then send in my order number and they would credit my account. Now I'm feeling like I'm in a Three Stooges episode! OK, so I placed the order and decided to buy 4 more chairs because this suit was being discontinued and this was last chance to get more chairs. They promised to credit me for 2 chairs, which they did, one week later. I also learned that they are part of Wayfair.com but I most likely will not buy from them again.

darlener25
9/18/17

My only complaint, person I spoke to at J & M said I could delay delivery through FedEx and have it delivered on date requested. FedEx would not change delivery label and made me pick up chair at one of their stores. J & M should know this and tell the customer. Required getting a pickup and a person to drive it. As 79 year old woman, impossible to do it myself!

libbyf1
9/15/17

Returns are very pricey so really think twice before you order furniture unless you are going to do an exchange. Having said that I would never buy furniture on line again sight unseen. I will never shop here again.

destineyf
9/12/17

I've ordered tons of items off Joss & Main and have only had issues with a few which I was refunded on, The only annoying thing is I kept getting calls about a free designer and asking if I was purchasing for business use, this is a call I received about 5 times on top of emails "the emails I didn't mind" I stopped ordering for a while for that reason lol but I don't know how long I can stay away, they have some pretty great things!

cindyc154
9/12/17

Just purchased the Logan recliner. It was exact as pictured. Came without incident within one week on the day they said it would be. I love it and will soon purchase my sofa there.

edh49
9/6/17

Requested 7 seats, one conveyed with a stain. Effectively just went online to my request and could clarify harm through an online shape, now the organization is sending a spic and span one in its place, no profits essential. Super simple

tiffanyb79
8/30/17

BEWARE! This company advertises an item....you buy it....it says ships in 4 days.....ok.....what THAT REALLY means is that it supposedly ships from across the planet somewhere and you may or may not get it in 3 months....in MY case....I did not get my 1600.00 leather sofa at all. After MONTHS OF CALLS AND RUN AROUNDS.....THEY TELL ME IT WAS LOST IN TRANSIT AND I HAD TO CALL AGAIN TO FINALLY FIND THAT OUT. If I hadn't called, I guarantee that I would still be sitting here waiting on the non- existent piece of furniture.Plain and simple , they used my money and from what I have read, many other people's money as well. This is their operating line of credit ....I assure you. By the way....Wayfair is one and the same company. Do not go near either company with a ten foot pole unless you feel like loaning them money to operate on for several months. If there was a negative rating...that would be my choice!

michelleb287
8/24/17

worst company ever, worst quality ever, work customer service ever. never one to leave reviews, especially these types of reviews... but i honestly don't know how this company is still in business

yvonned25
8/18/17

I ordered a curtain. They sent the wrong one. Waited on hold for customer service over an hour ..never was answered. Now I must send it back and pay for shipping according to automated email I received about returns and I had already paid for the shipping to me. They must have stock in delivery services.

jayr97
8/8/17

Purchased a night stand, said they delivered it but never saw it. Have been trying to call them for a week and the recording says they're having problems and then it hangs up. Beyond frustrated, this company has zero customer service

jenr44
8/3/17

I was totally disappointed with the Sedum & Eucalyptus plant in planter which I purchased. I called in for a return label and was told the cost of shipping would be deducted from my refund. When I checked my account not only was the cost of return deducted, but the cost of their shipping to me and the tax. I guess their message is keep what you order or it will cost you.

theresal30
7/24/17

After my last horrible conversation with this company I filed a complaint with my credit card company who has buyer protection. If yours doesn't you might consider it. This used to be a pleasant company to deal with - no more.

vivianah
7/16/17

I bought some cushions from these guys (are they Wayfair or Joss&Main btw?- not clear) that I'm trying to return, but when I went to my account I got greeted by an "There are no orders associated with your account." Funny thing is that I've got the order number and of course I got the cushions. I also got to the mystifying message from a link in the same email they sent me to review the product... So, what's up with their record keeping?
Now I've had to communicate the old-fashion way, by email, wasting my time giving all the order details instead of it all being automatic and easy for returns, like in most up-to-date, modern websites. Come on people, this is 2017.
Update: It took them over a week to respond to my email and several days more to get the refund. I did get it though, unlike some other reviewers... Watch it with this company. Order at your own risk.

williamd153
7/13/17

The only reason I chose this company was because they advertised free 2 day shipping on the item I was interested in. Not only was the item not shipped on the expected delivery date, after further investigation, it hasn't even been processed for shipping yet! The 'expected' shipping or delivery date provided by this company can not and should not be trusted. They clearly use deceptive sales tactics to get more business, and can not meet their promises. This is my first and last experience with Joss & Main!!

jlll
7/8/17

Ordered 2 chairs, one delivered with a stain. Easily just went online to my order and was able to explain damage through online form, now company is sending a brand new one in its place, no returns necessary. Super easy

melanieg37
7/5/17

Ordered 2 chairs, they arrived damaged. They sent replacement parts, they were also damaged (in same way as original). I called again ( and each call is easily 25 minutes) and was assured new parts would be sent, and checked by warehouse staff to be sure same damage was not present. Tracking # issued, parts never shipped. I called an additional 4 times, having the same conversation (and each time told managers were too busy to speak with me), with the same result. I finally sent an email threatening to stop payment via my credit card and immediately received a call and email from a manager. She agreed to send 2 completely new chairs ( and I again requested they be checked before shipment). Chair (ONLY 1!!) arrived, damaged again in the same way ( none of this damage is due to shipping - they are packed in the boxes with damage)! I have been on hold for 10 minutes trying to get someone on the phone, as the manage I was working with is now on vacation! WORST experience EVER, and a shame as I have ordered from Wayfair and it's other companies in the past and been very happy. They have lost a customer forever.

marym533
7/4/17

Long time customer no more. Product received was poorly constructed. Customer service non responsive. I do not recommend.

We are very happy with our purchases and more important, Joss & Main's outstanding customer service. Everything was as nice as pictured. The hanging light over the kitchen table was even nicer chrome quality than we expected. Give them a try, you won't be disappointed. Ingrid

By Iingrid A., Joss & Main Representative

I don't know if they accept Pay Pal but their merchandise is over priced. I will not be ordering with them again because of lousy customer service!

By Sue J., Joss & Main Representative

Sorry I never ordered furniture. Other things I have ordered have been excellent, arrived promptly and are packaged most carefully.

By Carol F., Joss & Main Representative

Hello - I always wash any fabric product before using - but I use my "gentle" cycle and only cold water without any soap. This always works for me and keeps the fabric in good shape without any chemical products still there.

By ELIZABETH B., Joss & Main Representative

I suggest you call Customer Service: 1 800 632-8158. They can work something out with you. They are very understanding.

By Jenny D., Joss & Main Representative

I'm a Canadian customer who ordered 2 smaller items as gifts (1 weighed quite a bit, though). I was charged BOTH STANDARD US DOMESTIC SHIPPING & INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING! I couldn't believe that shipping could be so much (over $100 US), so I unsubscribed from their website. Guess what? Two weeks ago I saw one of the products I'd purchased for sale at Winners for a fraction of the cost I'd payed. My advice: tempting pictures, but Canadian Buyers Beware! (I hope this helps!)

By Susan W., Joss & Main Representative

You get what you pay for with Joss and Main. Google the details like the measurements and comments about the fabric because they often rename their items. I have been mostly happy with my items because I have reasonable expectations regarding quality. I don't expect to get something for nothing. Personally, I wouldn't buy a couch unless I could sit in it first but that's just me. Joss and Main is good with damage claims and they are responsive but you need to be careful about what you buy.

By Kady Q., Joss & Main Representative

Use your tablet.....and you won't have to use your password unless you want to by something. I do agree that on the computer it is a pain.

By Susan O., Joss & Main Representative

Hi Connie, Joss & Main ships from Boston, MA 02115. The complet address is 177 Huntington Ave, Suite 6000. This is also the location of there Flagship store. Hope this helps you out Connie. I would be more than happy to answer any other questions you might have. Kind Regards and have a lovel day. ----- Original Message -----

By tammy p., Joss & Main Representative

I believe someone gave info to her already with phone number and calling the company and I cannot help with info to DC. Thanks for asking.

By Marjorie S., Joss & Main Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Joss & Main staff and other customers.

35 Photos for Joss & Main