Review of Wayfair.ca

Villeray West, QC H2P, CA
service@wayfair.ca

hus1
10/2/19

Waited for 6 weeks for a bedroom set. After 6 weeks, I was told that the set arrived at the delivery centre but is missing some pieces that are lost.

eduardm5
9/19/19

I will not use Wayfair anymore because their shipping trough Fedex is terrible. Especially when you live in Canada close to the border with USA. Fedex can't tell you the Canadian tracking number because it will be assign to your package once in Canada and with USA tracking number you are not able to change the scheduled delivery date. You have to call Wayfair to get the Canadian tracking number and then call again to Fedex. The problem is that once it clears the border it will be delivered to you immediately. So if you live close to the border with USA you will not be able to change the delivery time (or the chances are minimal because it will be delivered to you within few hours). And like in my case the delivery will be dropped in front of your home like a garbage. Thanks but no. This is not for me.

jackief72
9/3/19

WayFair.ca is great and everything at bought from the served its purpose. I would recommend WayFair to anyone who is looking for anything great at a good price.

shiring
8/13/19

I bought from Wayfair lots of stuff and they are deliver on time, free, no tax duty, I will include my order, I bought y'all cabinet for my bathroom, and it was damaged, I took a photo and send an email in 24 hours they respond, and the customer service representative said that they stand by they product and what they can do for me, they give me two options.
First: I hold on to what they sent or donated, then they will send me another one free of charge.
Second: I hold on to the product or donated it and they send me full redound.
I asked them I don't want refund and I want they send me replacement.
They sent the second one and the boxed was damaged. Again I took photos and send them and this time they to me do what ever I want with it, and they will refund not as a credit total redound on my visa.
I recommend to everyone to do shopping with them. Attached are most of my order from Wayfair.

rm435
7/29/19

Terrible service. I ordered a swing bench that was given as multiples currently in stock -- it didn't ship for about 6 weeks. It arrived broken. They agreed to replace by taking the broken part from a complete bench in stock to expedite it, but needing 10 days even just to send it out. From current stock of 7. It did not ship on time. I complained. They now will re-order the entire bench. BUT they sent me a link to having ordered the wrong size and wrong final finish of bench. Will I now get the wrong size, and start this nonsense all over again?? I found them very slow to respond; I thought they have givcen inappropriate and inattentive responses.

debbieb481
7/8/19

purchased a fire pit table by Real Flame, from wayfair. After 2 years of owning this table, and properly storing it over the winter, when we took the tarp off, and out of storage in spring, the whole top of the table had crumbled to irreparable pieces.
Wayfair spoke to the manufacturer on my behalf, and when i reached out to them, they did nothing but give me the run around. I felt as if they were purposely trying to frustrate the situation, by asking me for information that was already provided by Wayfair. Terrible product - terrible customer service!

christineb378
6/13/19

Ordered four Warkentin windsor style dining at a total cost of $846.00 When they arrive d they were not only scratched, but the spindles were literally bashed into the bottom of the seat and bare wood was protruding ! The photos looked great, however, the quality of this product was shockingly low. Fortunately, their customer service department immediately offered a full refund and we were told to keep the chairs. They have been since donated. I suspect that there have been numerous other complaints regarding this product. Total garbage and grossly overpriced. Should have read previous reviews.

tiffanyb177
3/10/19

Wayfair's website is very appealing. What appears to be a wonderful selection of furniture and home decor has been nothing but disappointment after disappointment. Photos of eclectic furniture paired with their catchy commercial it's no surprise that Wayfair wasn't far from my mind when we decided to redecorate our bedroom. First things first I am in no way blaming the customer service team. Everyone I have encountered was wonderful and assisted with a replacement order immediately. My problem is with the manufacturers or the delivery of these products. Every single time an item shows up I am disappointed. I first ordered a beautiful pair of dark green accent pillows to match my bedroom, when they arrived they were cream colored. No big deal, I called customer service and they rectified the situation by sending me the correct color in a timely manner. I then ordered an actique picture frame. Once it arrived I opened the packaging and it was broken. Also no big deal, called customer service and they agreed to send me a new one, wonderful. ( I can't comment on the condition of this frame because I have yet to receive it.) The real kicker is the bed in the bag I ordered. Which was not only expensive but is the focal point of the bedroom. Layed my comforter on the bed and it looked horrible!! Nothing like the photo online or on the packaging. It was ripped and half of the design was completely faded! As if that side was sitting out in the sun! I once AGAIN called customer service where they were very cordial and apologetic. They agreed to send me another comforter. Fingers crossed that it will look halfways decent but at this point who knows! I do know one thing, I will never order from Wayfair again!! I've never had such bad luck with a company in my life. When I see their commercial now with that annoying jingle I just cringe!

nellym18
2/11/19

Hi friends, just a friendly reminder when ordering products from Wayfair in Canada that your making sure that it's .ca NOT .com. If it seems too good of a price confirm it's Canadian. All promo ads you get are US. I learned the hard way. I ordered 2 products and got nailed the US exchange for an OK product .

jackb363
11/10/18

I have ordered tens of thousands of dollars worth of items from WayFair in the last year as I'm furnishing my newly built house; I've never waited months or received broken products as others have, I got the odd item that wasn't exactly as described, but I returned it without issue, customer service was always top notch, they diligently and quickly answered any questions I had about products as well.

But sometime in the last week WayFair decided to change what they consider 'rural' shipping, I'm 20 minutes from a city, they have to drive right through my town to deliver to that city, yet I am now considered rural and get a $25 shipping fee PER ITEM added onto my total, something as small as a spatula or as big as bar stools now costs $25 more, EACH. The shuffleboard table I was going to buy now costs $500 more to ship to my house when it was free shipping a week ago.

It no longer makes sense for me to shop on their website, if you're not in their 'rural' zoning and can sort through the stupidly priced items, WayFair may be for you, but this is the end of a good thing for myself.

pamelah190
10/14/18

So frustrating- hours and hours assembling defective products and product with parts missing. But hey - they will pick up the product for $30 because it's too heavy for me to bring it to Fed Ex. Never ever again!

caitlinp15
8/15/18

First off I am done with way fair.

I ordered curtains for large windows( very hard to find btw 118" L), I just received my replacements that are the same exact WRONG sizes as the first time!
I just moved and havent been able to get the curtains I need, so this is very frustrating.

I also ordered a Gothic mirror, that was damaged during shipping so I got a call and email (very nice of them) saying that they are sending me a replacement free of charge. But just to my luck the replacement is ALSO damaged!! The packaging was horrible...bubble wrap??? Really? and no sticker on the box anywhere that says 'fragile'.... Fed ex is the shipper, so I wasn't surprised when I saw who the shipper was...
Done with them, much nicer things are homesense!
When looking back at the mirror it is not worth 183$!! It is garbage.

bd89
8/15/18

I ordered a couch mid June and was told it would be in the second week of July. I paid extra for in home setup and disposal of cardboard. When I had not heard I called to see where it was and was told it would be there by the end of the week. 5 days later and still no contact. This continued for the next three weeks, where I phoned no less than 10 times to see where it was. It seemed nobody would give me straight answer. The first week of August I received a voicemail from the case manager saying my couch was "in the warehouse ready to be picked up" by me. I then received an email from Wayfair asking to rate my delivery service. When I called Wayfair, they insisted the couch had been delivered and were shocked when I told them I did not have it, and no one had even so much as contacted me for delivery. After much hounding of the case manager she finally told that the couch had been logged as "lost" in their system. She then told me she would talk to her manager to see if I could get a 50$ credit. Throughout the entire experience no one had contacted me even once at any time. I cancelled the order and bought a new couch somewhere else. I will absolutely never be ordering from Wayfair again.
My advice to you: skip Wayfair, and order from somewhere that actually cares about their clientele.

monikat13
8/2/18

I bought a coffe table from Wayfair and I used it for few months and then it started to peel off and now it looks very bad. I asked them if they could do something and they said no. I'll never buy from them again. Think before you buy anything from them.

carried71
6/7/18

For a company that avidly promotes "Free Shipping over $75" it is more than disappointing that they can get away with posting so much false advertising. Yes, somewhere in small print, in an obscure link there is a disclaimer that remote areas are excluded.....is a city of 125,000 remote?.....not according to Amazon, Costco, Best Buy.......

varuns20
6/1/18

I placed an order for a $1000 worth LED light fixture through express delivery as it was advertised to be delivered on 30th May. I booked an electrician to install the light on my 27 feet high ceiling and therefore the only reason I bought this fixture was that it will deliver two days before my appointment on 1st June. The fixture didn't turn up until 1st June and I had to pay $395 to the electrician for cancellation. Customer service is now ignoring my emails about my bad experience. I will never ever buy anything from wayfair again. A VERY expensive lesson learned. Order details image attached.

Tip for consumers: Don't trust what they say.

lendaf
5/28/18

This company boasts all over their website that they have free shipping for items purchased over $75.00, but in the fine print they state that remote areas get charged an exorbitant amount for shipping. The area I live is most certainly not remote, I live in the Southern Gulf Islands. They ship without charge to Vancouver Island, which needs to take a much more expensive and longer ferry ride than the Island I live one. When I placed the order it stated that it would be delivered on May 18, 2018, now when I check the site it states that maybe it might arrive by the 31st (yah right). For this very poor service they charged me $31.99 for shipping. I contacted them and stated I no longer the items because of the delay in shipment. Now they state if and when the items arrive I must pay an additional $22.99 to return the items. On their site they state no hassle returns, how is this no hassle.
Everyone, I would highly recommend you to stay away of this company and order from another one that stands by what they post on their site. for $54.98 I get completely nothing.

danielat7
5/17/18

I placed an order on the Wayfair site on March 24,2018. It is now May 17th and I am still to receive my order. I contacted them to inquire on the delay. I received a response stating the delay I am experiencing is not the norm and they would have someone in their "Case Management Team" contact me. Needless to say, I did not hear from anyone in this department, if it even exists... I contacted them again, and I didn't even receive a response back from "Customer Service" second time around. Clearly once they charge your credit card, they really don't care after that. I have visited their site several times in the past and was discouraged due to their high prices however this time as I finally found what I was looking for, I decided to proceed even if the item was overpriced. I completely regret that decision and will never purchase from Wayfair again. It may not be the experience that everyone has had with them, however based on MY experience, I have no choice but to advise everyone to avoid this company... the fact that they don't even care and bother to respond to shipment issues is a major red flag in my opinion.

stephanied127
2/26/18

They're "Business Professional" perks are nothing to write home about. You receive the exact same discount as a regular customer. Ive never experienced this with other companies I do business with. Don't think i'll be using Wayfair any longer.

pauls504
2/12/18

We have ordered everything from bath mats to dining table & have had excellent results. Variety of products is amazing! We price match both local stores & web sites ....Wayfair wins every time. How can you top free shipping?????

franciscom55
1/17/18

I ordered for the first time from wayfair a 70 in. TV stand with a fire place, love it delivered on time and good quality I would buy from there again and recomend it...

nancyb198
7/17/17

I have had a few orders now from Wayfair. The last 2 were a duvet and then 2 sets of sheets. The duvet came first-absolutely beautiful, the colours were perfect, and it was quick. The second was the sheets-colours are gorgeous, they feel great, and are exactly what I wanted. Could not be more please! Highly recommend.

tinae22
5/22/17

Before you buy anything from Wayfair, make sure you check out the REAL MSRP for the item. They will indicate that you're getting 70% (or whatever %) off the MSRP but if you check, they're charging more than anyone else - and often more than the MSRP.
Try this one on for size - sign in and put something in your shopping bag. Don't buy it but watch the price for the item (both the price charged and what they claim to be the MSRP) rise! They know you want the item so they keep raising the price knowing you'll eventually get around to buying it - at a higher price.
Thing is, most internet retailers do NOT do this! Their competitors - TheMine.com, Build.com and CanadianLightingExperts.com - will actually give you a coupon to encourage you to buy - giving you 10% off the UNCHANGED price to encourage you to buy. They'll also give you a quote for a better price if you're buying a lot of stuff at once.
Wayfair has okay service and their shipping is only slightly higher than other places (I have purchased from them in the past) - it's just their pricing and value that is incredibly suspicious. I would buy from them - but only after not being able to find what I want elsewhere - and then only if I immediately check out so they can't jack up the price.

Tip for consumers: Don't sign in and don't put anything in your shopping bag until you're ready to buy.

helenp28
5/3/17

I have had the pleasure of dealing with this company (online transactions) x3 and all went well. The delivery time is good to great, the products as advertised and the prices are competitive. Would I recommend this company- absolutely.!!!

michaelw337
4/18/17

I have purchased a couple of bedding sets, comforters from this site. Always a great experience. Great prices and FREE shipping, gotta love that!

Tip for consumers: Give them a try, lots of lovely things to choose from at good prices!

Best way is send them an email or call them, they will have fantastic customer services. Please read my review

By shirin G.

When you order they will let you know at the time you will checked out, and it is depending on where the item will come from. One of my item that I ordered it came from Paris and it took almost two weeks.

By shirin G.

Questions? Get answers from the Wayfair.ca staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Wayfair.ca