Wayfair.ca

Wayfair.ca has a consumer rating of 1.74 stars from 47 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Wayfair.ca also ranks 271st among Furniture sites. The most common issues with Wayfair.ca are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

No positive highlights yet

• I called and got a person in customer service at Wayfair.
  • I placed an order on the Wayfair site on March 24,2018.
How would you rate Wayfair.ca?

“Great site”

jackie f.
9/3/19

WayFair.ca is great and everything at bought from the served its purpose. I would recommend WayFair to anyone who is looking for anything great at a good price.

“Delivery goes from 10 days to 20 days in less than one day from ordering!”

Keith S.
5/12/20

I ordered a sandbox for my daughter on May 10th, promised delivery date was May 21. The NEXT day (after they had my money) delivery was estimated to be June 1st! I immediately tried to cancel, they said they could not as it had already shipped (so how is that my problem?). They apologized for the 'confusion', completely patronizing and insulting. This is the second time this has happened, I figured I'd give them a second chance. NEVER order from them from Canada!

customer service (13) order (31) delivery date (5) price (17)
keiths425
May 12th, 2020

marlap14
January 20th, 2020
I ordered an 8 x 10 all wool, hand knotted rug which came to $621 with tax. This rug was machine made. Certainly not handknotted and not likely wool. It came with many, many parts of the rug missing revealing the glued netting that the "wool" was to be attached to. This rug is industrial carpet and appears to be a factory second. I was home from 8 am to 7 pm today for a no show from UPS. I need to book tomorrow off work to stay home for yet another attempt. I am really annoyed and won't place anymore Wayfair orders.
abdulk81
May 6th, 2020
This is my first and last order and will never order and will ask friends not to deal with this shameful and low profile firm. I ordered a bookcase and then realized the size was wrong. I tried on the phone the customer's services for over 2 hours to change my order but no response. Now they deducted over $ 20 when I cancelled my order.

I advise everyone not to deal with those types of looters.
mikkaw
April 18th, 2020
"Return policy" appears to be lip service only. In reality, when they ship a faulty product, they want to ship you another one. If you state that you're disappointed in the product and don't want to try another one, they ignore you. Only route is to hope your Credit Card company can help you retrieve your money. AVOID and stick to reputable online retailers.
eduardm5
September 19th, 2019
I will not use Wayfair anymore because their shipping trough Fedex is terrible. Especially when you live in Canada close to the border with USA. Fedex can't tell you the Canadian tracking number because it will be assign to your package once in Canada and with USA tracking number you are not able to change the scheduled delivery date. You have to call Wayfair to get the Canadian tracking number and then call again to Fedex. The problem is that once it clears the border it will be delivered to you immediately. So if you live close to the border with USA you will not be able to change the delivery time (or the chances are minimal because it will be delivered to you within few hours). And like in my case the delivery will be dropped in front of your home like a garbage. Thanks but no. This is not for me.
leef359
May 16th, 2020
My actual rating is 0 stars. I've been waiting 7 weeks for a $200 order that I paid $65 in shipping for. It was a gift for a birthday in April. It didn't even ship until weeks later, and I received a notice that it was arriving on May 4 - FINALLY. But it is now May 16 and I've received nothing from Wayfair to explain what has happened. You can't contact them by email so that means I'm stuck on the phone trying to get through to them. I've been waiting 25 minutes and I can't wait much longer. I have a life. Pathetic. Never again!!!! DON'T SHOP WAYFAIR!
juliaf117
May 5th, 2020
This will be my first and last order. I ordered a mattress for my son which was supposed to arrive April 30th. I called to find out the status of my order no one could tell me where it is. I cancelled the order and then they send me an email saying my order has shipped which is not true because when I track it with FedEx they tell me it hasn't shipped yet. Ordering from Wayfair was a big mistake will never order again.
nickied2
April 2nd, 2020
VERY DISAPPOINTED SHAME ON YOU WAYFAIR.CA. I ordered an Inflatable hot tub for $579 with 7 day delivery, said in stock, added to cart, paid for and recieved order confirmation email. So excited to be able to get for my kids during isolation and be able to swim in it and have some activity. Two days later I get an email that my order is cancelled due to unexpected discontinuation of the item. Then I look at the website and it's been relisted for $200 MORE. Same model same everything. Nice price markup and gouging just because demand is up at this time. SHAME ON WAYFAIR.CA for being so sleazy and not honoring your own price, accepting an order and then cancelling it with a lie two days later while reposting the exact same item with a $200 markup. Disgusting and will NEVER shop with you again
ritae5
November 6th, 2016
Great shopping for all things for the home with endless items to browse through. A little on the pricey side but if u haven't found what u r looking for on other sites, u can definitely find what u are looking for on wayfair.ca
Shipping costs are reasonable as well!
cindis24
May 21st, 2020
I have tried phoning twice, over an hour on hold phone , Can't talk to anyone tried tracking the package it showed up April 27th and then stopped showing where it is.They have my money and I have nothing no response back
suef151
May 9th, 2020
I have had 2 issues with Wayfair. 1) I ordered a significant number of a single item and the price changed on the site before I received the shipment. I asked them to honour the price as I had not received the order yet and they said they do not do that because the price will probably be even lower the next day. I feel they should have honoured the lower price as I had not received my shipment yet. The customer service rep said he agreed and his wife would only orders from Amazon. I asked for a number to make a complaint to and he said that there isn't one. 2) The sent me the same email with a great price for a chair I had been looking at. I called to order 8 of them and they would not honour the price as they said it was an error. After that call I got the same incorrect pricing 4 more times. I called back and they said they still would not honour the price. Again no number to complain to. I googled how to file a complaint at Wayfair and I get their site showing me file cabinets. Never again.
lorriel10
March 6th, 2020
I went on line to order a crib set for my new coming grandchild and ordered a nursery set and dresser when received confirmation email it said essex nursery set when i received notification of shipping my email stated essex 4 drawer dresser only when i returned from out of town i called wayfair and they only offered me 40% off the purchase which they should have agreed to send my original order with crib as that was what i wanted most was crib i even sent the original confirmation that proved i ordered crib and dresser now i have to do another order and dont have matching dresser and crib but of course im not ordering from wayfair any longer. This is the second order ive received with major issues my first order i ordered a bench for my granddaughters room and the base had 2 cracks in it. Im am very displeased with this business and have no intention in ordering from this company ever again.
Lorrie Lester

Tip for consumers: Be very wary i felt i was defrauded on purpose with the way the confirmation changed from shipping emails. When i called they should have offered my original order as it was their error but they did not.

Lorrie Lester

christyd104
January 1st, 2020
I ordered a stocking almost a month prior to Christmas at the end of November for my daughter. The estimated delivery date was December 6th. I did not receive the stocking so a week later I contacted Wayfair to see what was going on. I was told it was stuck in a warehouse but not to worry as it will arrive before Christmas. A week later I still had not received the stocking or an update so I contacted Wayfair again. They said it was still stuck in a warehouse and they couldn't tell me any more information at the time but someone would contact me in a day or two. No one contacted me so I called again and asked for a manager. I was then told again that they couldn't give me answers until they contacted the warehouse and that there was no guarantee this item would arrive before Christmas. I asked to cancel my order as there was no point in getting the stocking after Christmas. I spoke with a supervisor and asked how I could leave a review as the Wayfair website wasn't letting me. She said I could email her the review and she would post it online. After several days my review was still not posted online. I called again and spoke with another supervisor who told me I could not post a review since I cancelled my order. I told her I wanted to review Wayfairs services but she said I couldn't do that. If Wayfair doesn't let customers review their services and customer service I do not think the reviews accurately represent the company. Throughout the month I was dealing with this order and tracking it down I could have found a different stocking for my daughter but instead Wayfair wasted my time. This was my first experience with Wayfair and it was a terrible one! I will not be shopping at Wayfair again and I will not be recommending their services or products to friends and family.
nellym18
February 11th, 2019
Hi friends, just a friendly reminder when ordering products from Wayfair in Canada that your making sure that it's .ca NOT .com. If it seems too good of a price confirm it's Canadian. All promo ads you get are US. I learned the hard way. I ordered 2 products and got nailed the US exchange for an OK product .
dwaynem78
May 21st, 2020
Bought a cat tree on May 11th. Fed Ex received it May 13 and promised me delivery by end of day May 21st. At 4pm on May 21 Fed Ex emailed me to say that delivery was expected May 26. Called Fed Ex and they told me Wayfair just got them the package that day. When I told them it was actually May 13 in California that they received it and it had made its way to Canada on May 18 yet, the manager said she was also aware they had it since monday the 18th in BC. But that it was easier to lie to me and say they just received it. I inquired with both Fed Ex and Wayfair to see if its possible that Fed Ex not get paid for this delivery by canceling the order or reordering it again but was told no. I will simply not by from Wayfair again if they support and use such unethical delivery companies.
erblini
December 9th, 2019
When you order with this company whatever it is WILL show up way late, they WILL lie to you about the next delivery date and when it arrives late it WILL have a defect or missing parts. My bed frame was 3 weeks late..
krzysztofw7
November 2nd, 2019
Placed the order for bar stools. Couple of days later got the notification of order being shipped. Status showed out for delivery. Once the promised date passed, I contacted Customer Service and heard that FedEx had it in its possession. I requested a waybill # to trace it. Turned out FedEx never received the pickup order, which left no choice to Wayfair but admit that they do not have them in stock and they need to reorder for me... Wait time - another 1.5 months. I decided to wait. Another expected delivery date arrived - no shipment though... Contacted Wayfair again and... learned that they are out of stock, yet shipping status remained unchanged with expected delivery 1.5 months ago... I was offered to reorder and wait another month. I refused. I just don't believe that I would get it anymore... I'm extremely disappointed.

Tip for consumers: Be aware you may never get it

nazirp
December 3rd, 2019
On web site it shows a Picture of office chair. with price Tag of CAD$107.99. When you try to purchase it . The price is $149.99.
I called and spoke to person in sales and Supervisor NIck , to inform him that it was misleading to have wrong price advertising . unfortunately instead of apologizing they were adamant that the price of $ 107 was only for Red chair not the white color. when i told them the price is showing on white one, they still were adamant that it was correct. when You have a supervisor who doesn't see the error and the sales person jason (i think) who says that he Doesn't work in customer service and works in sales.... I had no hope of communicating further. Poor Staff / No worth doing business . SKU ZIPC8213 Colette Task chair
gi9
October 24th, 2019
Bought a dining set that was originally priced at $981.00 and on sale for 47% off. They charged my CC and then sent me a cancellation email. When i called they said that there was a pricing error on the website and could not sell me the set at that price. Read online that this seems to happen a lot with Wayfair. "Wayfair you have nothing that i need!!" Anymore....
debbieb481
July 8th, 2019
purchased a fire pit table by Real Flame, from wayfair. After 2 years of owning this table, and properly storing it over the winter, when we took the tarp off, and out of storage in spring, the whole top of the table had crumbled to irreparable pieces.
Wayfair spoke to the manufacturer on my behalf, and when i reached out to them, they did nothing but give me the run around. I felt as if they were purposely trying to frustrate the situation, by asking me for information that was already provided by Wayfair. Terrible product - terrible customer service!
christineb378
June 13th, 2019
Ordered four Warkentin windsor style dining at a total cost of $846.00 When they arrive d they were not only scratched, but the spindles were literally bashed into the bottom of the seat and bare wood was protruding ! The photos looked great, however, the quality of this product was shockingly low. Fortunately, their customer service department immediately offered a full refund and we were told to keep the chairs. They have been since donated. I suspect that there have been numerous other complaints regarding this product. Total garbage and grossly overpriced. Should have read previous reviews.
jackief72
September 3rd, 2019
benjamins187
November 20th, 2019
I ordered a table which was promised by a certain date and never received it so Wayfair took 25% off the price and recommended to order it again because it was lost. I ordered it again and they added a $50 discount and I waited another 10 days and again, never received it so seeing that this was for my son's new apartment and he already waited a month and had to eat on his bed because he didn't have a table, I cancelled the order and bought a table elsewhere. I asked for some kind of compensation for having my son wait and eat on a bed for a month without a table and they said they couldn't do anything but refund the balance of the money back to me with a 10% discount for my next order! I told them I wasn't planning to buy from Wayfair.
davidg1660
November 1st, 2019
I live in Ottawa Ontario in Canada. Wayfair texted me tracker status without give me Tracker Number. That is true?
varuns20
June 1st, 2018
I placed an order for a $1000 worth LED light fixture through express delivery as it was advertised to be delivered on 30th May. I booked an electrician to install the light on my 27 feet high ceiling and therefore the only reason I bought this fixture was that it will deliver two days before my appointment on 1st June. The fixture didn't turn up until 1st June and I had to pay $395 to the electrician for cancellation. Customer service is now ignoring my emails about my bad experience. I will never ever buy anything from wayfair again. A VERY expensive lesson learned. Order details image attached.

Tip for consumers: Don't trust what they say.

Best way is send them an email or call them, they will have fantastic customer services. Please read my review

By shirin G.

When you order they will let you know at the time you will checked out, and it is depending on where the item will come from. One of my item that I ordered it came from Paris and it took almost two weeks.

By shirin G.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Wayfair.ca staff and other customers.

Shop Wayfair.ca for A Zillion Things Home across all styles and budgets. 5,000 brands of furniture, lighting, cookware, and more. Free Shipping on most items.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wayfair.ca?

Have a question about Wayfair.ca?