Review of Wayfair.ca

Villeray West, QC H2P, CA
service@wayfair.ca

nellym18
2/11/19

Hi friends, just a friendly reminder when ordering products from Wayfair in Canada that your making sure that it's .ca NOT .com. If it seems too good of a price confirm it's Canadian. All promo ads you get are US. I learned the hard way. I ordered 2 products and got nailed the US exchange for an OK product .

jackb363
11/10/18

I have ordered tens of thousands of dollars worth of items from WayFair in the last year as I'm furnishing my newly built house; I've never waited months or received broken products as others have, I got the odd item that wasn't exactly as described, but I returned it without issue, customer service was always top notch, they diligently and quickly answered any questions I had about products as well.

But sometime in the last week WayFair decided to change what they consider 'rural' shipping, I'm 20 minutes from a city, they have to drive right through my town to deliver to that city, yet I am now considered rural and get a $25 shipping fee PER ITEM added onto my total, something as small as a spatula or as big as bar stools now costs $25 more, EACH. The shuffleboard table I was going to buy now costs $500 more to ship to my house when it was free shipping a week ago.

It no longer makes sense for me to shop on their website, if you're not in their 'rural' zoning and can sort through the stupidly priced items, WayFair may be for you, but this is the end of a good thing for myself.

pamelah190
10/14/18

So frustrating- hours and hours assembling defective products and product with parts missing. But hey - they will pick up the product for $30 because it's too heavy for me to bring it to Fed Ex. Never ever again!

caitlinp15
8/15/18

First off I am done with way fair.

I ordered curtains for large windows( very hard to find btw 118" L), I just received my replacements that are the same exact WRONG sizes as the first time!
I just moved and havent been able to get the curtains I need, so this is very frustrating.

I also ordered a Gothic mirror, that was damaged during shipping so I got a call and email (very nice of them) saying that they are sending me a replacement free of charge. But just to my luck the replacement is ALSO damaged!! The packaging was horrible...bubble wrap??? Really? and no sticker on the box anywhere that says 'fragile'.... Fed ex is the shipper, so I wasn't surprised when I saw who the shipper was...
Done with them, much nicer things are homesense!
When looking back at the mirror it is not worth 183$!! It is garbage.

bd89
8/15/18

I ordered a couch mid June and was told it would be in the second week of July. I paid extra for in home setup and disposal of cardboard. When I had not heard I called to see where it was and was told it would be there by the end of the week. 5 days later and still no contact. This continued for the next three weeks, where I phoned no less than 10 times to see where it was. It seemed nobody would give me straight answer. The first week of August I received a voicemail from the case manager saying my couch was "in the warehouse ready to be picked up" by me. I then received an email from Wayfair asking to rate my delivery service. When I called Wayfair, they insisted the couch had been delivered and were shocked when I told them I did not have it, and no one had even so much as contacted me for delivery. After much hounding of the case manager she finally told that the couch had been logged as "lost" in their system. She then told me she would talk to her manager to see if I could get a 50$ credit. Throughout the entire experience no one had contacted me even once at any time. I cancelled the order and bought a new couch somewhere else. I will absolutely never be ordering from Wayfair again.
My advice to you: skip Wayfair, and order from somewhere that actually cares about their clientele.

monikat13
8/2/18

I bought a coffe table from Wayfair and I used it for few months and then it started to peel off and now it looks very bad. I asked them if they could do something and they said no. I'll never buy from them again. Think before you buy anything from them.

carried71
6/7/18

For a company that avidly promotes "Free Shipping over $75" it is more than disappointing that they can get away with posting so much false advertising. Yes, somewhere in small print, in an obscure link there is a disclaimer that remote areas are excluded.....is a city of 125,000 remote?.....not according to Amazon, Costco, Best Buy.......

varuns20
6/1/18

I placed an order for a $1000 worth LED light fixture through express delivery as it was advertised to be delivered on 30th May. I booked an electrician to install the light on my 27 feet high ceiling and therefore the only reason I bought this fixture was that it will deliver two days before my appointment on 1st June. The fixture didn't turn up until 1st June and I had to pay $395 to the electrician for cancellation. Customer service is now ignoring my emails about my bad experience. I will never ever buy anything from wayfair again. A VERY expensive lesson learned. Order details image attached.

Tip for consumers: Don't trust what they say.

lendaf
5/28/18

This company boasts all over their website that they have free shipping for items purchased over $75.00, but in the fine print they state that remote areas get charged an exorbitant amount for shipping. The area I live is most certainly not remote, I live in the Southern Gulf Islands. They ship without charge to Vancouver Island, which needs to take a much more expensive and longer ferry ride than the Island I live one. When I placed the order it stated that it would be delivered on May 18, 2018, now when I check the site it states that maybe it might arrive by the 31st (yah right). For this very poor service they charged me $31.99 for shipping. I contacted them and stated I no longer the items because of the delay in shipment. Now they state if and when the items arrive I must pay an additional $22.99 to return the items. On their site they state no hassle returns, how is this no hassle.
Everyone, I would highly recommend you to stay away of this company and order from another one that stands by what they post on their site. for $54.98 I get completely nothing.

danielat7
5/17/18

I placed an order on the Wayfair site on March 24,2018. It is now May 17th and I am still to receive my order. I contacted them to inquire on the delay. I received a response stating the delay I am experiencing is not the norm and they would have someone in their "Case Management Team" contact me. Needless to say, I did not hear from anyone in this department, if it even exists... I contacted them again, and I didn't even receive a response back from "Customer Service" second time around. Clearly once they charge your credit card, they really don't care after that. I have visited their site several times in the past and was discouraged due to their high prices however this time as I finally found what I was looking for, I decided to proceed even if the item was overpriced. I completely regret that decision and will never purchase from Wayfair again. It may not be the experience that everyone has had with them, however based on MY experience, I have no choice but to advise everyone to avoid this company... the fact that they don't even care and bother to respond to shipment issues is a major red flag in my opinion.

stephanied127
2/26/18

They're "Business Professional" perks are nothing to write home about. You receive the exact same discount as a regular customer. Ive never experienced this with other companies I do business with. Don't think i'll be using Wayfair any longer.

pauls504
2/12/18

We have ordered everything from bath mats to dining table & have had excellent results. Variety of products is amazing! We price match both local stores & web sites ....Wayfair wins every time. How can you top free shipping?????

franciscom55
1/17/18

I ordered for the first time from wayfair a 70 in. TV stand with a fire place, love it delivered on time and good quality I would buy from there again and recomend it...

nancyb198
7/17/17

I have had a few orders now from Wayfair. The last 2 were a duvet and then 2 sets of sheets. The duvet came first-absolutely beautiful, the colours were perfect, and it was quick. The second was the sheets-colours are gorgeous, they feel great, and are exactly what I wanted. Could not be more please! Highly recommend.

tinae22
5/22/17

Before you buy anything from Wayfair, make sure you check out the REAL MSRP for the item. They will indicate that you're getting 70% (or whatever %) off the MSRP but if you check, they're charging more than anyone else - and often more than the MSRP.
Try this one on for size - sign in and put something in your shopping bag. Don't buy it but watch the price for the item (both the price charged and what they claim to be the MSRP) rise! They know you want the item so they keep raising the price knowing you'll eventually get around to buying it - at a higher price.
Thing is, most internet retailers do NOT do this! Their competitors - TheMine.com, Build.com and CanadianLightingExperts.com - will actually give you a coupon to encourage you to buy - giving you 10% off the UNCHANGED price to encourage you to buy. They'll also give you a quote for a better price if you're buying a lot of stuff at once.
Wayfair has okay service and their shipping is only slightly higher than other places (I have purchased from them in the past) - it's just their pricing and value that is incredibly suspicious. I would buy from them - but only after not being able to find what I want elsewhere - and then only if I immediately check out so they can't jack up the price.

Tip for consumers: Don't sign in and don't put anything in your shopping bag until you're ready to buy.

helenp28
5/3/17

I have had the pleasure of dealing with this company (online transactions) x3 and all went well. The delivery time is good to great, the products as advertised and the prices are competitive. Would I recommend this company- absolutely.!!!

michaelw337
4/18/17

I have purchased a couple of bedding sets, comforters from this site. Always a great experience. Great prices and FREE shipping, gotta love that!

Tip for consumers: Give them a try, lots of lovely things to choose from at good prices!

sumrak
4/1/17

We bought two items from wayfair. One was a very cute coffee table that looked amazing in pictures from all the angles. When we were putting it together, my husband noticed a crack on the side of the base. This wasn't part of the design it was actually crack in the wood. We called customer service who apologized and told us that they would send us another one. When we got our other piece in time but when we assembled it, we found a crack all along the base piece as well as the side of the top piece. Upon complaining we got a 10% discount on our next purchase.
Next we decided to give Wayfair another chance and ordered a box spring. In the pictures it looked like it was good quality but when we took it out of the box, it was probably the lowest quality wood I have ever seen being used for furniture. The wood cracked from some places when we would put in the screws during assembly.

It's a shame that Wayfair advertises to have good quality furniture and their presentation of the products is impeccable but when it actually comes down to the customer using the actual product, it's a terrible experience!

wendys66
3/18/17

I ordered on line from Wayfair, a recliner chair and a high back sofa. Received confirmation of order with tracking # etc. Got an email products delayed. Ok it happens new expected date to Calgary AB warehouse. 2nd email, Due to popularity delayed and new arrival date give. NOT impressed. Finally got recliner and sofa. Well made furniture. Had ordered a cloth recliner as we have cats, received a Leather chair. 2 round legs and 2 square legs. WHAT!! Then the delivery people unwrapped the sofa. Holly S**t. Wrong colour, wrong style, wrong size. Oh and they couldn't take it back because they had no return paper work. I called and got a person in customer service at Wayfair. Very sorry, keep chair will credit account and will give you additional $350 for inconvenience. Because of this 350.00 I re-ordered a sofa. I know, I know, how dumb could I get. 1st customer service rep Miss C. could not apply the $350.00 as they had already refunded me full amount for chair. NOT only that the $350.00 for INCONVENIENCE was taken off of full refund price for chair I gave to old folks home. CAN YOU SAY RIP OFF. Now my second order, you guessed it. DELAYED. TWICE again. Still waiting. Good luck to anyone who does order. Seriously think about 2-3 or even 4 times and then don't do it

ritae5
11/6/16

Great shopping for all things for the home with endless items to browse through. A little on the pricey side but if u haven't found what u r looking for on other sites, u can definitely find what u are looking for on wayfair.ca
Shipping costs are reasonable as well!

gigio1
10/3/16

I was a first time shopper on Wayfair and ordered a lot of items. The first item, a rug, came in good quality so I was hoping all would be fine. I ordered a coffee table and then found the same one for a lot less expensive on Wayfair's sister site, Allmodern. Wayfair refused to match the price even though they own AllModern. The end table I ordered was lost en-route and the black and white cat tree I ordered showed up in bright blue. Not worth the hassle, shop close to home. You're not saving any money on Wayfair.

Questions? Get answers from the Wayfair.ca staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Wayfair.ca