Review of Nigel O'Hara

1 WILLIAM STREET PORTADOWN COUNTY
ARMAGH, ARM BT62 3NX, UK

neilf20
11/20/15

Ordered a watch in August as a birthday present in September. Now middle of November, 157381Still no watch, no way to contact Nigel Ohara. This firm should be investigated by the police. Clearly thieft in my eyes

scotts142
11/17/15

Paid for a TV on sept 23rd 2015. Waited weeks and never turned up. I cancelled the order and asked for a refund its know 14th of Nov and I still do not have a refund. please please do not buy from this site. I wish I read the reviews first. AVOID THIS SITE. CANT EVEN GET ON SITE AND EMAILS ARE SENT BACK FROM EMAIL ADDRESS.

clairee8
11/13/15

I ordered two products from this company as there were the cheapest I could find. This made me suspicious but I thought, there are based not too far from where I live and there is a shop I could go into if there were any issues. I received 1 item and the other was delayed, then delayed again, then delayed again so I asked for a refund. I was told this was not a problem and the request was forwarded onto the Finance Department. A week later and nothing back, so I decided to chase my money, only to get back an email to say they had ceased trading and I would not be getting my money back. I have since learnt they are very much still in operation, their shop was open today although they will not answer their phone, their website is in full operation, and I have now discovered many many complaint sites with their name plastered all over them. Please avoid this company at all costs, they may be cheaper but it will cost you in the end!!!!

emmaf24
11/13/15

I placed an ordered on 12th Oct (delivery was to be around 15th oct) then after weeks of them fobbing me off saying it was on its way from the manufacturer, I cancelled my order on 5th Nov and asked for refund as I wasn't willing to wait any longer. i was advised it was passed to the finance team to process and they will email when done. 6 days later no email, so I logged on my account to send a message to chase up the refund and I had a notice telling me to contact card issuer to claim money back! No phone call, no email. Had I not looked who knows when i would have known about this. My credit card company were great but I dont see why they couldnt issue a refund themselves. so strange. Total sham of a company! I wont be buying from them ever again, first and last time. Hassle from start to finish.

jf62
11/11/15

Terrible company, never use!!! I placed an order on the 22nd Sept, it is now the 8th Nov and still no delivery. After initially contacting the customer care team I was informed of an issue with the supplier and told I could either continue to wait or request a refund. I decided to wait a bit longer as this was something I really wanted and during this time received constant email offers from the company. So I find it hard to stomach that after logging onto my account to check the status of my order I was informed that JRN retail group trading as Nigel Ohara can no longer fulfil my order and they cannot process a refund, I have to contact my bank to initiate a charge back transaction. Why could they not have emailed me??? This company is a sham! They attract you with low prices to take your money then lead you on for weeks before you discover that you are left high and dry. What is most disappointing is that the company and website still exists. Trading standards will be informed!!!

sandrah47
11/10/15

Placed an order have now got a message saying that my order has been cancelled and I will not get a refund and that I need to contact my bank.
Disgusted they have been fobbing me off for weeks.

If you have had a problem with this company please report it by following this link.

michaels336
11/9/15

Sometimes this company deliver the goods but chances are they will not.
If you pay with a debit card you have 120 days to make a claim through your bank under the visa chargeback scheme. If the goods are not coming within the estimated window do not enter into correspondance with this company , it is just a delaying tactic , they have your money and the goods are not comming. What about the refund, well don't hold your breath!! that may never come either.

Tip for consumers: Do not be seduced by the low prices, there is no service.

andrewg69
11/6/15

Placed order on the 26th September for delivery by the 16th October. Still no delivery 6 weeks later and no due date known even though they are still taking orders for the same product only £50 more expensive.

I wish I had read the reviews before placing the order as this seems to be a frequent occurrence with this company. I wish they would just refund me if they did not want to sell at the original price rather than keep me hanging on for 6 weeks after payment.

jenniec9
11/6/15

Placed my order end of September. After two weeks received an email saying they couldn't source my item but would keep me informed. I decided on a refund after another week of waiting. I was told it would be with me within a few days. Two weeks on, guess what, NO REFUND! No responses to my requests for updates. Thank God I used my credit card! I'm covered! Surely the credit card companies are on to them by now. Also BEWARE NO TELEPHONE CONTACT NUMBER! How come these five star reviewers on here say "They talked me through the procedure"? I'm calling them out as fake reviewers!

stevenb102
11/3/15

this company take your money and when you ask for a refund take well over a month to get any money back into your account .. still waiting for mine , dont buy from this company .. its a scam !!

jonathanr42
11/2/15

I ordered and paid for something two months ago. It was not supplied even after waiting a month and now I have been waiting another month for the refund!

paulb205
11/2/15

Placed an order for item at advertised price, money was debited from my account, the next day Inget a call saying the price was a mistake and asking me to pay an extra £360 on top of my £1199.40, I was concerned but was assured my laptop would be despatched immediately! I paid this, my laptop was then sent direct from the supplier to me so no invoice was attached. A few months went by and I decided to upgrade my PC, I found a few parts were cheaper on Nigelohara.com so placed my orders, I got my GPU in the estimated delivery time, but only after chasing them about it! My RAM however was ordered on the 08/10/15 with delivery date for 16th-22nd October, it never arrived, was told it would be with me direct from supplier again like my other orders by Weds 28th Oct, still nothing, apparently it has been despatched 2 days ago by recorded delivery (which usually takes 1-2 days) and still nothing. I asked because my orders had come direct I never got my invoices, they eventually (after 4 requests) sent them to me, I noticed a discrepancy regarding the invoice for the Laptop and the 'extra' payment not showing. I immediately contacted my bank who referred me to Actionfraud.police.uk because I transferred the money willingly, having emailed nigelohara twice about this I contacted actionfraud who have referred me to trading standards! I am now going to give nigelohara's one more day to respond before I speak to trading standards and the police for fraudulently deceiving me into transferring extra money when I bought the item at the advertised price which is the same price as the invoice displays and does NOT include this extra payment anywhere!

Tip for consumers: If you are prepared to wait because of the bargain you may get them go for it, but be aware it may never materialise or end up with hidden costs!

jamesc253
10/31/15

Ordered a new Graphics card for my computer... 3 weeks later and they still hadn't shipped it so I asked for a refund via support (and I got a reply, stating I would get a refund within 14 days). Over a month later and I'm still waiting for that refund.

I'd avoid these guys at all cost.

mrsh5
10/31/15

Best deal I have found in the last couple of months especially considering what I have already spent on redecorating.

philipm58
10/24/15

I paid for a new 4k LG Monitor by Mastercard incase of problems its best to use Mas/visa or Paypal in case of this exact problem.
After i had paid i was told they didn't have the goods and used my money to get good deals from suppliers offering low prices which it isn't, its the average price. Still no delivery after weeks.
This Is A Scam Abusing Peoples Trust And Basically Theft They Are Fully Aware This Is Not Legal And Are Using Customers As Interest Free Loans For Their Business.

jacekk1
10/17/15

I have place order 24.09.2015. So far i have only receive order number. No more information no delivery, no replying to my e-mails. DO NOT USE THEM!!!!

pauls230
10/16/15

*---AVOID ---*

This company doesn't stock any electrical items.. they are a small jewelry shop, they take your money and invest it or use to build interest.. they do not wish to help you at all.. the live chat system is terrible and staff lie on every message..

takes 14 days to do a refund?? they need introducing to the 21st century..

even so after 14 days i got no messages or refund for a item they claimed to have in stock and require 3 weeks before getting the order..

i requested for my money back right away and all they have done is mess me around..

don't make the stupid mistake i did... they don't have any form of contact number.

you will be disappointed in the service they provide just to try and save a few pounds its really not worth it... go buy from a trusted company.

0/5 rating.

if you take the risk make sure to pay with credit card then at least your covered..

i will be claiming back my money soon though my bank, i am going to summit a company review to the GOV and report them for fraudulent activities.. this isn't the last they have heard from me.....

jannerzj
10/11/15

Rarely do your expectations be shattered. I paid an exceptionally low price on a camera on a website with exceptionally negative reviews and received it within two days.

It's a risk I'll take again.

michaels323
10/10/15

THIS COMPANY IS HORRENDOUS. AN ABSOLUTE DISGRACE
If they have your money and have not sent you your order ,they avoid refunding you and simply stop answering their ticket system emails. Also if you buy something and then want to return it. They do not accept the return even if it is within the 30 day period and then also stop replying to emails. They have no phone helpline number i would imagine because of all the complaints .You will end up having to do a lengthy chargeback through your bank to receive your money back . It also looks like they are reporting all the genuine negative reviews people are rightfully leaving on this site trying to get them blocked or removed and to hide the fact they are now one of the worst online retailer in the UK. The side of this company which sells computer products has completely ruined the reputation of a famous comp-any and should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves .
So in short simply dDO NOT BUY FROM NIGEL OHARA ONLINE TRYING TO SAVE A FEW POUNDS as i did ...just pay a bit extra with a reputable company and save yourselves a whole lot of problems.
They DO NOT refund they DO NOT accept returns and they do not answer emails .
READ ALL THE OTHER NEGATIVE REVIEWS THEY HAVEN'T MANAGED TO BLOCK

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

audreyd8
10/10/15

Ordered and paid for tv on the 1st September - following many requests they now inform me the tv not available and has been discontinued yet they were still offering it on their site long after I had placed and paid for mine - - I have requested a refund and have contacted the necessary legal people - if money not refunded within the 14-day period I am prepared to take it further legally- worst retail experience ever

markw164
10/9/15

The service was still good. But, they did not charge me for shipping to US so I had to then make an addtional payment via PayPal, This was an inconvenience and the first time this has happened to me shopping in a UK store.

edmundh16
10/9/15

Went ahead with the intention of beating the whole Christmas pain and ordered early. I knew I would get it way before Christmas but the fact that I got it two days after the order was placed was a surprise.

michealh23
10/9/15

Just would you would expect from an online retailer these days.

lisao24
10/8/15

I ordered merchandise on 8/13 at 11:42 and received a verification of my order (order 155741). My credit card was charged the same day. After not getting any shipping or tracking information after the next week, I proceeded to contact them using their email customer service link.The items were and have been in stock this whole time, and I really wanted them. I emailed them no less than a dozen times. Never did I receive a single response. Never the courtesy of any response whatsoever. I even tried calling the physical store, and although they were nice, they did not help me either. They gave me a phone number that did not every get me to a person. In my last email contact, I warned them that I would share this with every review site I could find. Still not one word.
I have had to dispute this charge through my credit card in order to get my money refunded.
Trust these reviews; this company does not care at all. They will take your money, and you'll never hear from them again. What a shame.

lisaw115
10/7/15

They took my money 3 weeks ago and I can't even get them to send me an order confirmation email. I'd think the order never went through except the money promptly left my bank.
Not 1 reply to numerous emails over a 3 week period...not 1!!!
Am waiting for 30 days to pass before I can take action with bank etc.
They don't deserve the 1 star I have given them...
NOT ONE EMAIL OR REPLY!!!!!!!!

Best thing to do is contact your bank or credit card company and they will get you a refund via the charge back guarantee scheme. The online business has closed down I understand.

By Sandra H.

I have also been ripped off by this scam site I went to my bank and have logged a complaint with them

By derek a.

Thank you for your question, Please accept my apologies for my delay in responding as this was not a platform that we have monitored previously. As no order number has been supplied, we cannot confirm your order or clarify that you issues have been resolved. We would love the opportunity to resolve any issues you have had if you were to contact us via our online support system, using the link below: http://www.nigelohara.com/support/ Kind regards, Dean.

By NOH C., Nigel O'Hara Representative

Thank you for your question, Please accept my apologies for my delay in responding as this was not a platform that we have monitored previously. Questions via our support system never go unanswered which is why I would advise you to check your junk or spam folders. Unfortunately some email clients can filter our emails to these folders. Kind regards, Dean.

By NOH C., Nigel O'Hara Representative

Sorry mate this normal for this joke of a company.They don't answer the phone due to so many people in the same situation as your self.I think I got hold of them once in 30 attempts and was told they would refund me but that never happened. Watchdog needs to investigate these mugs then we will all get refunds.

By michael w.

Hi I had the same message plastered across my web account last night 5th Nov. Have they gone bust? I have contacted NI Consumerline to complain, suggest everyone who are owed do the same PJK

By Patrick K.

I have had this same issue I have instructed my bank to deal on my behalf and have received this message today Dear Customer, Due to unforeseen circumstances the JRN Retail Group, trading as Nigel O’Hara, will not be able to fulfil your order or provide you directly with a refund. Please do not panic, as you will be able to obtain a full refund via the method of payment used to complete your purchase on our website. Simply contact the bank or credit card used for your purchase, then ask them to initiate a chargeback for the transaction. This process will see the money returned to you in full. We wish to sincerely apologise for the obvious inconvenience caused. Unfortunately, we will not be able to offer any further customer support or refund solutions.

By derek a.

simple answer pal is no order no refund you need to contact your bank credit card as nigel ohara is a con artist

By derek a.

Questions? Get answers from the Nigel O'Hara staff and other customers.

Nigel O'Hara?