Review of FashionNova

2018 Customer choice award

91 reviews with 3 stars

karenw241
5/9/19

When I first started using Fashion Nova, I was in love. Basically, I never needed to return anything. Their online return portal does not recognize the order numbers and I have to send an email for assistance and was told that I would need to do a manual return. Last item I received was not of great quality and looked very cheap. Use of Fashion Nova is a "hit" or "miss" in my opinion especially for someone curvy such as myself.

jenniferj310
4/4/19

I ordered some items from this site and needed to return a dress. Not only to you have to pay for your own return shipping costs, you also can't do an exchange and you can only receive store credit. Oh yeah, if you use a coupon code you only get the the discounted price back. So, if you want to repurchase the same item, you have to pay the difference plus shipping.

reneer115
3/15/19

The clothing is very fashionable and reasonably priced. They make shopping online easy, but the return process is horrible. Unfortunately not every item fits as desired. It just suck when you return a item you never get your e-gift card until you notify them to find out they never received your package, after getting an order Confirmation that the package was delivered successfully. WTF!!! Then you have to go through a process of emailing backing forth with proof that the item was mailed to them. I always use a tracking number. So, if you ever return keep copies of receipts with the item you're returning and the tracking number that proves the items were shipped.

donnaw330
3/2/19

Here are some of the issues that I've with Fashion Nova. Their web page needs work. When you select something to buy. It goes to a page with a description of that item and a size selection. But there is no image of that item. If you want to put that item in your bag, you select a size (and sometimes a color). When you do it will go to the bag page. You need to make sure you look at the size you selected because nine times out of ten it will be different from the size you wanted. When you do go to select the correct size it will bring up all the sizes that are available. And for me a lot of the time it won't have the size that I want. So I have to remove it from by bag. Another thing that I have noticed is that if you are on the main page and you go to the top of the page and hit the sign in button. A pop up will come up that says "oops, the page you were looking for doesn't exist." "You may have mistyped the address or the page may have moved". And "Take me back to the home page" But you never typed anything in and you never leave the home page. When you do order something make sure you are getting what you want. Because if it isn't, there are no refunds. All you will ever get is a store credit. That's aright if you know you are going to get something from in the future. Otherwise you might be stuck with something that you might never get any use out of. Other than that, I bought a dress (gown) for a gala that I am going to later this month. They what I was looking for. Full length with sequins, long sleeves, high collar, in the size I needed (size18) and I also got free shipping. Even thou it wasn't sent by priority mail, came in the mail two days after I ordered it.

omaiirap
2/26/19

Their products are beautiful with good value, however be wary of their shipping times and bad customer service which is slow to respond to emails.

barbiep10
1/4/19

Original: Paid to send items I purchased back for store credit. Unfortunately misplaced my receipt with my tracking number... contacted them and the representative I'm emailing with has repeated herself several times instead of allowing me to explain, describe what I shipped and even state my address that should be on the box. I literally just shipped over 50 dollars back to them and cannot get store credit or a refund. I hate that This happened because I really loved their clothing, can't deal with such shady business people though. Definitely living up to their reputation of scamming.

UPDATE: They found my review on TrustPilot, responded and resolved my Issue. If I didn't post on one of these boards I probably wouldn't of gotten attention, because emailing with reps at info@fashionnova was a lost cause.

binas1
12/7/18

I've seen several reviews of folks complaining that they ordered around black friday and now it's 12/6 and they have yet to receive their tracking number. I rodered from them a while back and it took a few weeks to receive. I think on their website it says that it takes them longer to process the orders on holidays. I'm sure they got 203985 orders on Black Friday/cyber monday, so I'll wait patiently for my order. It'll get to you.. just give it a few more weeks :/

I'm giving them a 3 because I do think that they should hire more staff to help with sending out orders when they're this big of a company (so -1 star). -1 because they also are difficult to get ahold of. I wish they gave you refunds but they only issue store credit. Hwoever, the clothes are super cute and affordable. Despite waiting for my order to ship, I will still purchase with them haha

mss16
11/28/18

Man oh man I have a love hate relationship with this website. FashionNova has everything a trendy girl is looking for. All of the latest to make you look your best. Some Items are better quality than others. I've had my share of disappointments. (Probably due to the extremely fake body models that make every item look good) But my biggest issue is the shipping/returns. Fashion nova takes DAYS even up to a week to process your order before it ships.. and if you don't like it, it takes weeks to return it all for a gift card back to their site. If this isn't something that bothers you then you are probably in the clear. As much as I say I am going to stop shopping here, they are always running a sale of about 30% off and it pulls you back in. Give yourself time when ordering off of this site and always have a backup outfit!

umbrak
11/21/18

My experience with fashion nova has been mostly positive. They ship very fast, always have some discount available and fast customer service.

The only issues I have had with fashion nova is although their products are stylish, most are of cheap material. A few products that arrived had holes and by the time I opened the shipment, the 2 day deadline for returns had passed. I was stuck with a damaged product that was not used. The sizes are not always accurate for some products such as shoes, so returns are frequent but no hassle for the most part.

Overall, fashion nova is quick fashion. Not top of the line quality but decent, fast, fun, and cheap. Anyone can grab a decent looking outfit that is affordable. Online shopping is easy to navigate and when products are out of stock, restock notification is available. I would reccomend.

Fashion nova = Fast and fun stylish shopping

suzannem270
11/16/18

I love fashionNova, however they take too long to deliver the items!!! I bought a sweater 10 days ago and I haven't got nothing yet. I was hopping to get it before I go on vacation.

brianaw13
11/8/18

I literally order from Fashion Nova (FN) every month, sometimes 2 or 3 times a month. I've never had a problem in the past, but as of now I am frustrated. I placed an order on October 23 and have yet to receive my order or at least get any updates on it from FN. I understand they are moving their distribution center but they should put a hold on online ordering or wait to take the money out of customers accounts. Thankfully the items I ordered are just clothes I brought for the winter and are not outfits for an event or my birthday. Here's some advice Fashion Nova, if you want to keep your customers come up with a better way of having them communicate with you. And as for that 30% apology coupon, that's not a big deal because I've been using that code for months

camerync
11/8/18

This is my third time ordering from them, and usually it is fast. However, as they switch distribution centers, they're not handling customer service very well. I placed an order on Oct. 21 and the worst part is I don't have access to the e-mail I placed it under, so I have no idea if they have been e-mailing me. I keep e-mailing them and all I get is an automated response saying something like "shipping usually takes 7 business days" when it is has been over 3 weeks. My package could be out in the middle of the ocean, who knows. Anyways, horrible customer service.

tyahnab
10/30/18

I'm a big fan of Fashion Nova until now. I ordered a few pair of leggings maybe a month ago and just recently wore them. By the evening it was busting at the seem in the crotch. The leggings are cute they're the ones that are black with zipper at the knees. Size was perfect so I don't understand. So the next day I wore the black ( looks like denim with gold seems) legging and they too unraveled at seem in the inner thigh. Those legging are OS fits all. Good stretch. Not sure what happened there.

jaew7
9/15/18

Clothes Are Fine Its The Misleading Of 2 Day Shipping That Pisses Me Off Never Heard Of A 3 Day Processing Before 2 Day Shipping !!! Standard Shipping In Disguise

alyssat22
8/3/18

FashionNova is convenient. You can buy a few things online and not break the bank, but keep in mind the quality is usually trash. I have one trench coat that is good quality and I really do like the jeans. Everything else I have ordered is such a waste. All the shirts/body suits are thing, poorly made. I ordered lingerie that already had holes in it. But everything is fairly priced. A lot of the shirts you can find else where. (Other similar online boutiques, other stores. Luckily I live in Southern CA where there are a lot of shopping options, and a lot of these stores have the same clothes - FOR CHEAPER. But again online is so convenient.) You can wear the shirts two maybe three times until they are trashed. The material is so cheap, but if you spend $20 on a shirt and wear it three times I feel like it could still be worth it. They used to have quick shipping. I could order on Wednesday and it would arrive Friday, or order Friday and it would arrive Monday...now if I place an order on Wednesday it takes until Monday. I pay for the 2 day shipping and I live in Souther CA - near their warehouse - so it really only takes 1 day. They use extremely fake models or extremely plus sized models - no in between. It is hard to look at all their clothes and image what it would look like on a body that wasn't sculpted with a scalpel. Would I continue to shop at FashionNova? Probably - but only certain items (basically jeans only). And if their shipping process seems to get slower and slower, probably not at all.

sarahm552
6/27/18

I order from Fashion Nova quite often, I love it the clothes are cute and I can always trust Im getting what Im paying for. Until recently when I mistakenly put a previous address of mine on a couple orders, I reached out to ask if they could change the address. They told me they were not able to change anything until the parcel was out for shipment. I agreed to this, so when I was notified the parcel had been shipped, they told me once more they could not change the address. I asked for a credit to my account for the missing items they could not accommodate. They only credited me one item back saying that because my order was not over $75, they could not credit my shipping, which made absolutely no sense. Im very upset and I hope you all should be very careful about your shipping details!!

tammyb199
6/19/18

I love the style of clothes they carry, their order process and shipping has been accurate and fast so far and the quality of clothes is just like my other favorite retailers. Excellent prices as well.

However, what I do not like about Fashionnova.com is that they only post the positive, 5 star ratings. It's shady.

I purchased a beautiful, vivid yellow crop top from them. It arrived quickly and looked exactly like the product on the website. I was excited to try it on and found that it was a perfect fit, soft material and looked fantastic. I couldn't have been happier until I took it off and found that the tag had snagged the material and caused it to pull a very thin run like stockings do. The quality of the material could have been a little better.

I left the tag on in case it didn't fit and I had to return it. I wasn't too concerned because it's a small snag, it's in the back of the top, and no one is going to see it. I secured the threads with some Stop Fray and proceeded to pair it with an adorable skirt for an upcoming trip.

Fashion Nova emailed me a week or so later asking for a review and I was happy to do so. I gave it 3 stars and proceeded to explain how beautiful the top is, vivid yellow, soft and fit just right. I gave my height and weight and what size I ordered and then explained the reason I gave it the three stars - quality of material and how easily it can pull a snag and run. I warned to be a gentle and careful with the piece.

The review has never been posted and I have gone back and searched the site to realize that every single review on their site is a five star, raving about each and every piece of clothing. Are you seriously going to tell me that not one customer has ever been dissatisfied with either a product or with the service they received?

Every retailer has the occasional glitch in service and poor quality and/or defective piece, or miss-sized product. It's the nature of the business and real and honest reviews only help other customers make good purchases and keeps them coming back for more. It shows that you are an honest retailer and willing to stand behind your name.

Posting only the 5 star reviews is shady and has me looking elsewhere for my clothes because I feel at some point you are going to make a mistake with one of my purchases and I cannot trust that you will stand behind your name and make it right. No business is perfect but typically if you're shady in one area, you'll be shady anytime it benefits you.

staciej8
6/7/18

I love the clothes they all fit amazing, but be careful if u send something back. I sent something back and it said it was delivered to them but when I reached out to them they lost my return and couldn't track the package like I did. And won't issue me a refund! Ridiculous!

comalethiaw
5/23/18

returned items via UPS 4/2/2018 fashion nova received the items 4/6/2018. I still havent received my full credit for the returned merchadise.

missyh22
5/16/18

Honesty, Fashion Nova has a great selection of clothes, but as for the quality, I can not rate them a five. It really is a site that is hit or miss. I don't believe the clothes are the same as their models. In order to give a review, you must give them a five star rating or they will remove your post.

laureng100
5/11/18

I only ordered jeans and shoes so far. The jeans were top quality and fit well. The shoes ran small for the size. Im a size 6.5 - 7. I ordered a 7 and it was an inch shorter than my foot. So you need to order up a size. I didnt realise. Now I had to return. To return internationally it says to contact them but all customer service do is tell you the same process on the website. Annoying but ok. What killed me was the return shipping costs. It cost me $41.18AUD to return shoes worth $32.99USD with tracking... I debated was it worth it but lucky for me I get money back from PayPal.
So I warn you, be prepared for expensive return shipping if you get the wrong size or dont like your item because the return shipping address is a USA one which equals EXPENSIVE.
I wish FN set up a return system like BooHoo. For BooHoo, you pay a flat rate of $8.95 tracking. Yes, it goes to a return processing centre here in Australia but given how we Aussies love shopping, I know Fashion Nove have a lot of Aussie customers and could do the same. The return shipping costs has put me off buying from FN again. Which is a shame as I love the clothes. However, with clothes/shoe shopping online you are highly likely to want to return items. Soooo bear this in mind when buying from Fashion Nova.

halaa6
5/6/18
• Updated review

I am pleased to update this review as I was contacted and given store credit without returning the item and also was provided with an additional discount. I will update the review again once I have received product.

“Completely unreasonable.”
4/19/18
• Previous review

I am extremely disappointed in my experience with Fashion Nova. I was so excited to try their clothes because I follow many of the beautiful plus size models! I ordered a pretty girl crew tee in 1x, color black and received a red 3x!!! I have the email confirmation tht it was supposed to be black and 1x. The making memories teddy I ordered came in XL instead of 1x. I sent an email about it since they wouldn't call me back after leaving a message and was referred to the return policy which requires we pay the shipping and the teddys are not returnable. This policy would only be acceptable if I ordered something I decided I didn't want or I chose the wrong size myself. BUT, in this case, I was expecting one thing and got something COMPLETELY different and cannot get anyone live to work with me. So sad because i admired this company and followed them on social media. Then, when I finally choose to purchase from them... this happens.

briseldah
4/1/18

I have ordered form them many times. Some of their clothes are good for the money you pay but they are cheaply made. I figured that if the outfit I'm trying to get doesn't have reviews its going to be a cheaply made outfit not worth the money. When you return clothes because it doesn't fit they only give you part of what you paid for the item and they don't pay for shipping rates either. So its not worth even returning it. I would recommend Fashion Nova for people who want clothes at cheap prices just make sure to look at the reviews and if the item has no reviews don't buy it.

samk149
3/22/18

I ORDERED ALOT OF ITEMS THAT WAS SUPPOSE TO COME TO MY HOUSE. RECIVED A EMAIL STATING THEY ARE NOT IN STOCK AND THAT I WAS GOING TO RECIVE A GIFTCARD WITH MY REFUND. NEVER RECIVED THIS GIFT CARD AND DIDNT GET MY MONEY BACK. AT THAT THIS WAS MY FRIST TIME PURCHASING THROUGH FASHION NOVA AND I WOULDNT DO IT AGAIN!

mariag260
3/15/18

Fashion Nova has adorable clothing, but their two day shipping is a complete lie. I literally ordered nine dresses for an event and paid extra for two day shipping so I could have them on time. It has been two weeks and nine business days and I just received them.... After my event has passed.

I received $99.00 but I originally paid $148.74 so I don't even feel like wasting my time with them anymore. Yes its my money & I'm disappointed but even if I got what I paid for, I still woudn't order from them ever again. Its pointless. They only care about celebrities, they dont care about people who don't have 100k+ followers on social media. They can kiss my ass.

By Tais M.

If you order there is a chance you may never get it. My advice is don't order from them because 85% of the reviews are bad. I never saw the reviews before I ordered I wish I would have now!

By Latoya A.

Out of the six times I ordered from fashionova I received my items four times the two times my order never arrived I received no assistance from them but a vague response and no follow up when I e mailed back. They offer no refund or assistance at all when trying to locate a package you will have to work with your bank in order to get some resolve, pathetic company who only ensures celebs are getting items delivered and satisfied while everyone else they treat as peons who they can care less about. if your not insta famous they don't ensure a smooth customer experience for you and you will soon be left disappointed. Great merch but not worth the frustration.

By Jessie D.

I placed an order on cyber Monday, it's now Dec. 8th and I have not received my items. Not my items or a tracking number but they sure took my money!! I just want my money back at this point.

By Jocquetta L.

do not order from them - i placed my order on april 12th for $287 USD tracking number does not work and they refuse to answer my emails

By Gaelle M.

5-7 days...maybe even 14 days. They lie about 2 day

By Aubriana S.

don't waste ur time its better u go get a dress from another store, cuz you won't be receiving your dress on saturday, i oredered 23 pieces of cloth from them and am yet to receive none for the past six days

By sukurat a.

FN website it states, "If your tracking information states that your package was delivered and you have not received it. You must address this with the United States Postal Service. Fashion Nova does not hold responsibility for packages that state to be delivered. We do not issue refund for packages that state being delivered."

By valerie g.

Same... placed 2 orders for my vacation. The 25th and 30th of Nov. Needed the dress for my birthday weekend away. I got one dress when I came back and the other one is being delivered today. Just terrible. Bad customer service. Can't reach nobody by phone. All emails I recieved were automatic responses. Not personalized at all

By Iesha J.

The same thing happened to me, I never received my items because after they took my money they realized that the items Ive ordered were no longer in stock. They sent me a cyber gift card. The website clearly states that the gift cards will be sent when a returned is made but if I never received the items why cant I get my money back. Im reporting them to the Better Business Bureau

By Denise w.
Questions? Get answers from the FashionNova staff and other customers.

FashionNova?