Review of SheIn

Tel: 0.5874656939
dispute@shein.com

christyc72
2/14/19

I ordered A LOT of bathing suits, all size Smalls. I expected them to be slightly varying in size but mostly the same.. but I was absolutely wrong. The suits were all different sizes. Out of 11 suits, I can only wear five. I'm pretty angry since SheIn has not responded to my issue. It looks like all the suits have been worn. There is even a stain on one (crotch area.. which is digusting). Either people try these on and return it or someone's doing something with these suits I don't want to know about.

I am hoping they will give me better customer service but we will see...

lilya52
2/13/19

BAD. I went against my better judgement and tried Shein again. I ordered non-returnable items (BAD IDEA) and they were so cheaply made. The fabric fell apart in my hands and had loose strings and torn lace, things were sewn together in the wrong way, and the clothes did not look like the pictures at all... The sizes were wrong even though I used the sizing chart. These clothes are NOT wearable. This was an absolute waste of my time, money, and PATIENCE. Customer service has always been rude and not helpful (even ending chats early) in the past. I am fed up. I will not be back. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS WEBSITE. Also, the clothes had a VERY off-putting and strange smell. After trying the clothes (what was left of them, after they fell apart) on, I had a strange allergic reaction (HIVES). I don't know what chemicals the wash their cheap clothes in, but this is not ok. DO NOT BUY. I have learned my lesson. The only thing that can fix these clothes is to go back in time and never order them-I want my money back...I will never buy anything from this sketchy website again. I have also recently heard that this website is connected to child labor... please do not buy anything from them.

Tip for consumers: DO.NOT.BUY.ANYTHING.FROM.SHEIN.

sheenah16
2/9/19

I placed my order and was granted the express delivery. I didn't anticipate the 35 customs fee on delivery.One of the items i purchased was an invisible bra. It was HARD PLASTIC. When I say hard plastic I mean like coke bottle hard. It was dented and unable to reshape. I submitted a ticket and have yet to hear back. It has been 3 business days.

All of the clothing items I ordered were various sizes despite all being labeled XL. My 3 bathing suits which I purchased for an upcoming vacation varied in size so much despite all being labelled XL. One fit my size 7 little sister, one fit my size 18 mother and one actually fit my size 13. Never, ever again, EVER!!!

Response from molly m., SheIn Representative
Dear Sheena,
I hope this message finds you well today. Our team has emailed you about this issue from dispute@shein.com. Please kindly respond at your earliest convenience so that we can assist you with this issue. Thank you and I hope you have a wonderful day!
noemil6
2/7/19

I got super excited to find affordable clothes. After making the purchase I realized I never received a confirmation email. Once I tried to contact customer service and had trouble finding an actual person to contact I went online I saw all these terrible reviews.I called my banker and they said that I should wait a week to see if anything is actually delivered to me I'm praying that I get what I paid for. If not I will definitely file the claim and let the police handle the rest.

Response from molly m., SheIn Representative
Dear Noemi,
anjuh
1/30/19

I am regular shopper on shein and whenever I had returned I used to use the credits for my next purchase,once I chose to withdraw on an order in November 2018 and another order again I opted for refund in December 2018 both the refunds have not shown up in my account yet have also contacted my bank with all the details provided by shein but nothing is working.

palomav
1/26/19

I love Shein. I have been buying clothes in this website for years I have never had once failed. High quality clothes, right size and fast delivery! You can wear different clothes than other people with such a good price and quality. I definetely recommend this website!

anap64
1/26/19

Their products are unbelievably high quality, and arrive very quickly. Their items are clique and great price! I have a few items from them and will just keep on buying! Definitely recommend.

charog2
1/26/19

I love this web, i am absolutely delighted with my dress. It looks amazing and fits perfect. Also the shipping was fast, i received it after two days i was shipped out. I fell satisfied, and recommend shein.

melanies151
1/5/19

I placed an order on December 23. The package shipped from Hong Kong to Vancouver within 3 days. However, I have not received any tracking updates since December 26. The package was supposed to be shipped out to a different CITY in a different PROVINCE. I contacted customer service (MIKE) who was not helpful. He told me that the parcel was NOT in Vancouver (when it CLEARLY states in the tracking updates that it has arrived in YVR). He also stated that if I wanted a full refund, I would have to call the shipping company myself. SheIn has the responsibility of ensuring that their customers not only RECEIVE their packages, but that the packages are being shipping to the right CITIES. Extremely disappointed with the customer service. I'm not too sure at this point if I'm ever going to receive my package.

Response from molly m., SheIn Representative
Dear Melanie,

Our team has emailed you from Dispute@Shein.Com regarding your order. Kindly respond at your earliest convenience. We hope to hear from you soon.
nti1
1/1/19

I'm a Male, had my credit card number stolen somehow. The fraud department with Capital One is on it...as it's hundreds of dollars, and a felony amount. This company continues to charge my account....and won't cooperate with the investigators. The police are now getting involved. I live in Kansas USA, ladies...stay away from this "foreign company." Did you all notice that they don't have a customer service number? Please.... I can smell this crap by just looking at the website. How do you guys even find a place like this to order from? No disrespect, just looks like a scam instantly viewing their content.

laurenh156
12/27/18

I previously wrote a review as I was dissapointed with my order not arriving. They arrived today and I am very happy, the quality is great and they fit very well. Shein customer service was very helpful to me also. One reccomendation for shein would be ensure items are delivered on time as this leads to unhappy customers.

robine189
12/9/18

Worst brand and website ever!

I would like to spare everyone ordering on this website! What a disaster!

- At first you think the price is amazingly cheap, but soon (once you receive your order) you realize that it's even expensive for the quality of clothes you get.

- The colors on the website are way different then the colors in real life. Which makes the pictures unrealistic, also according to the fabric and fit.

- Sending in a return product (which you will probably do; see my next points) is a disaster. It takes a lot of waiting time; waiting a week for them to send you a code, print the code, send the package which takes two weeks until you hear from them, then after a month or longer you receive your payback. And then you also need to pay shipping costs for this.

- To get the package delivered took a couple of weeks longer.

- The clothes are not sustainable too, having seen the fabrics they use it's super super super cheap and also of bad quality (the stitching is so badly done). Which means you can wear it a couple of times, wash it and it looks already like an old used item.

- The seize chart on the website is not accurate with their clothing. It's either way to big or way to small.

- Also the prices on the website in euro's where not the prices I payed. It was depending on the currency price of the euro and US dollar, which made me even pay more then the given price on the website. Of course it's almost impossible to do this super accurate. But why need the clients to pay this difference? There was not even any notice about it.

I can go on like this but just don't want to spend more time on this brand.

At the end, why do you think they give you so much discount constantly? Not because they have amazing clothes... the looks on the website are so deceiving!

Response from molly m., SheIn Representative
Dear Robin,

ad7822
12/4/18

I've been a customer of Shein for a year and a half now and order almost every month from them. I think their stuff is decent. Well priced and about the same quality as most online stores out there. Checking the reviews, the customer photos, sizing and the fabric really goes a long way. You really have to be smart about these things and do your research. So far, I'm quite happy with the stuff I bought. You will come across bad purchases every now and then as it is with online shopping. But because it is cheap here, it doesn't really hurt.
I reckon all my best and most favourite purchases are from here.

What's impressive to me is their customer service and tracking. Their return policy is virtually useless, but they are almost always able to help resolve it via chat. I have found them to have relatively dependable customer service given that they respond promptly to emails, ship within 24 hours, honor complaints about defects and have (mostly) good English speaking staff. Most of all, where can you find Free 5-day shipping to Australia on no minimum order. They do deliver as promised eight times out of ten and their constant Free Shipping promos are always a plus! Overall, I definitely recommend this site.

indiraz
11/30/18

Extremely UNSATISFIED with this store. This was my first time shopping at SHEIN and my last at that. My niece requested an e-gift card from SHEIN for her birthday and i gladly agreed to purchase. i paid $340 dollars for a $400 e-gift card (cyber sale). Purchase was made through Paypal. DISCLAIMER: Their e-gift cards are not instantaneously delivered to the recipient and there is no disclosure statement that addresses the fact that it is AFTER you purchase the card and contact customer service that they tell you that delivery to the recipient would take anywhere from 12-24 hours. What is the purpose of electronic delivery if you have to wait a full day for it to be delivered? Once i found out about this matter I was on with customer service live chat for quiet some time starting at 11:30PM last night. I was assured by a representative they would send the email with the card information within the next 2-4 hours.Around 12:00 AM I received a message from SHEIN-security asking that they needed to confirm the validity of my Paypal account (arent paypal accounts for verified purchases?) and for that i needed to send a picture of my drivers' license showing my name with all other information blocked. I sent the requested information within the hour. At 11:00AM today contacted them again as i had yet to receive the e-gift card. I was told i needed to wait 24 hours for delivery. After being told contrary information from that of last night and having been assured delivery from 2-4 hours I couldnt find it in me to be comfortable and wait an unacceptable timeframe that was outside of the main purpose. My niece's birthday. I requested for the order to be cancelled and a refund issued. the representative kept deferring to the supervisor saying that they would urge the matter and for me to please wait. I expressed i no longer wanted to make business with them and if by 12:PM i had not received an email with the e-gift card, to please cancel the order. I received no confirmation on the cancellation or refund. At 2:00PM today again i contact to find out what ended up happening. At this point i have no present for my niece, had to take my business of $340 dollars elsewhere and did not have a confirmation of a refund being issued. After not being able to connect with chat again (apparently i was blocked) i logged in from my phone and after changing the user name someone responded to my request. This next representative followed up and advised the order had been cancelled and a refund to Paypal was underway. I requested for a confirmation email on the matter and was advised that the supervisor had been advised and that they would send it in a few HOURS. AGAIN HOURS to wait for an email to say your order has been cancelled and refunded to your account. This last representative after my concern did provide a screen shot with the cancellation since the email was also not possible. After well over 15 hours dealing with this, needless to say NEVER AGAIN! found out about this store and then had the most horrible experience without even starting a merchandise relationship. The customer service supervisors are not up to part and did absolutely NOTHING to resolve the situation. so BEWARE when buying no so instant e-gift cards that you have no control when the recipient is getting their gift!

jenb117
11/9/18
• Updated review

Within 48 hours of posting my poor review, someone in Customer service reviewed my problem and it was resolved. I am pleased and satisfied that it was taken care of. I wish it would've happened before I had to complain. I've been happy with their products.

“Returned a lot of items and they won't give me a refund”
10/17/18
• Previous review

It has been over two months and I returned over 26 items (I ordered a lot for my girls for school). When my refund came, it was just over $100 and each item was at least an average of $10.00. They also won't send me any details on what they show as returned and what they show is the refund. Their communication is terrible. If I use the chat, I have to get a new person up to speed every time (and this takes forever) and if I email, I get no response. I really like the clothes...but the customer service has been terrible for me.

Response from molly m., SheIn Representative
Dear Jen,

Our team has emailed you from Dispute@Shein.Com regarding your order refund. Kindly respond at your earliest convenience. We hope to hear from you soon.
bhartic
11/9/18

This really play with the customer paitence very poor Service.
Will not order again
You have done payment No message received till date already its been 5 days . No customer support Poor service and team as welll
I really recommend Boss to look after their team I asked for Call back No call received I have send an email No revert till now Really Hell and Pathetic service.
No Communication Poor service.

manaswinia
10/24/18

Recently i placed 2 orders and i didnot like some of the items.I placed return for 2 of my orders KCC36704 and AAH35952 one weeks ago .Then i was waiting for my item to be picked up.But from last 2 days when logged into the system,i could not see any order.no order history ..no wallet history....no address...nothing.My complete data is gone.In my wallet 1700 rupees was there..that also gone.Even i placed return ...that also gone.Now i dont know what these people are doing.When i talked to these people ..they told me its system error.no response from their side.

Response from molly m., SheIn Representative
Dear Manasi,

cristinar30
10/22/18

I'm so happy. I got my order so fast. 4 days. Everything looks amazing. Perfect sizes. I'm surprised. I was expecting issues with sizes but no.. I will order often from Shein. Thank you guys! Made my day

cherryc20
10/20/18

This app is easy to use and has cheap clothes. Although their customer service is very polite, they are far from accommodating. They sent out a delivery to my home in atlanta and when i get the notification from USPS saying its undelivered, they notify me to contact the sender. When I talked to the representative from Shein, they said that I need to coordinate it with USPS?! how am i supposed to work on that? They are basically throwing me back and forth with no solution. How come domestic delivery could be this troublesome? And why can't shein just put the label on the package to tell them to let the customer to pick up if something is wrong with the address? (which is not the case here, i have ordered countless things online and never had any problem until i ordered stuff from shein). It's a lot easier and makes more sense. They should have overseeing the delivery as well since the customer has no control over it in any way. I have seen a lot of people have the same complaint, at this point, I would have changed the courier if I were them. A little more background into the delivery: by oct 15th it says it was delivered at the front desk, i asked the front desk, there was no usps guy the whole day and I know these people really well so I know they weren't lying, and then 5 mins later it says that i was undelivered. Next day, on oct 16th, they said they made an attempt. It was a complete lie! Because I didnt hear any knock, no notification from the mail room, nor from the front desk. The customer service refused to take care of it in the beginning until I told them to stop being unprofessional and deal with the post office, NOT ME who didnt do anything wrong. They might put the wrong address as far as i know

kholoude
10/20/18

Had bad experience, I canceled the order after the agent told me I can and reorder, btw I canceled in less than 24 hours , I was told I will get refund and everything back , they did a mistake and sent 4 pieces of cloth wrong , so they charge me on it , holding me for one month telling me manger will contact u , then no one cared , I didn't want those 4 items cause I reorder them , they ask me to send it back to get my money , had to spend gas on my car , waste my lunch break , go give it back and that was the agent fault and had to wait to get refund , they gave me nothing for inconvenient, still waiting to get my money , if the agent said that I can't cancel because stuff maybe has shipped which is lies cause I ordered less than 24 hours , it was a mistake from them and I was promised it is canceled however it is shady company becarful

fiorellas1
10/20/18

I ordered around 10 items and when they got delivered to me, the delivery man was asking me to pay 100 EUROS TO RECIEVE IT!!!!! Besides the cost of the actual clothes. This is the first time I order from Shein and the first time this happens to me. I'm a a usual online shopper and I've never had to pay anything to the delivery man to receive my package. This is because Shein sent it without paying the customs clearance costs (according to the people in DHL). I talked to the costumer service and although they were nice, they only offered to refund half of the cost of the custom clearance, which is actually almost the same price of the clothes I bought. On top of that, he quality of the clothes went from ok to really cheap looking. I feel scammed cause in the end I had to pay double of the money they told me initially. I won't order in this page again and I recommend to stay away from it.

Response from molly m., SheIn Representative
Dear Fiorella,

Unfortunately, we do not pay for any duties or taxes that may incur. Each country has a customs which all couriers must abide by for packages that are entering the country. Packages are selected at random to be further inspected and will sometimes have a duty or tax for the goods that have been imported. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please view DHL's and Shein's terms and conditions in regards to customs duties and taxes. Thank you and have a wonderful day!

junes48
10/11/18

Ordered a dress size L - when I am really a S....because I was leary of clothing from overseas manufacturers. The dress was so small I could not even get into it.
I verified my size on their chart before ordering - As I paid only $15 for the dress, to return it would have cost almost $8 - so I donated it.
The style was cute, the material was thinner than I prefer.
Look twice before you purchase!

Response from molly m., SheIn Representative
Dear June,

Our team has emailed you from Dispute@Shein.Com with your refund details. Kindly respond at your earliest convenience. We hope to hear from you soon!
zoes34
10/11/18

I ordered a blouse from SHEIN and received in just a few days. I was so pleased to find that the blouse is just as pretty as in the photo and well made. I ordered in white and loved it so much ordered one in dark blue. One thing to note is they run small. I am 5'10 130lbs. and ordered the first one in large. It fit well but any smaller would have been uncomfortable. The second one I ordered a XL and it fit perfectly!

cindyk126
10/6/18

I ordered a few items and when checking out, I was unable to update my billing address. The chat rep who then told me to choose paypal, even though I don't have a paypal account, the rep told me to choose paypal as a guest. They charged my credit card for the purchases, but refunds my money into a non existing paypal account. If you try to get your money back from paypal as a guest, it asks you to log in. I refuse to establish a paypal account due to some fraudulent activites in the past, and now I CAN'T get my refund. These people don't speak English very well, nor the head office. Terrible service!!!

Response from molly m., SheIn Representative
Dear Cindy,
Our team has emailed you from Dispute@Shein.Com regarding your order. Kindly respond at your earliest convenience. We hope to hear from you soon!
lisam880
10/4/18

I ordered a E gift card for my niece. She never received it. I contacted the support team. They said they would escalate it and respond with 24 hrs. No response. Her birthday has now come and gone and I am out of $100 and still have to buy another gift. I will not use them again.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I agree they email me constantly to change my negative review.... Beware!!!!!

By Vonnett H.

Do not waste your money on this website, they are very disrespectful, and they do not help their customers. It was one of the worst shopping experiences ever.

By K P.

It is a hit and miss. Some items are OK but others are made by them recreating clothes from other companies and the fabrics are literally table cloths of worse. It is best to look at the photos of clothing posted by the users themselves and not she inside. I wouldn't purchase anything they add themselves. Also, to let you know how long it takes. I ordered a few items on April 15th via express shipping and they still haven't shipped them. It is JUNE! So I would save your money and shop at other sites even if they're a bit more expensive.

By Valeria C.

It's better for you to check the measurements fir each

By Maryam a.

My order took four to five weeks. The clothes weren't at all how they looked online either.

By Jenna B.

I ordered express and it took over a month just to be shipped. Sometimes they will split your order even if you paid express and send both economy. Don't waste your time. It's a risk and sometimes you get decent items but it will be like on out of the 10 things you order.

By Valeria C.

Takes AGES to come and the quality and sizing is very poor.

By Lo M.

JUST DONT DO IT!! Whatever shipping you choose, even if you want to pay for expedited they tack on 5-7 days of processing before it even gets sent out!! They don't mention that until you pay then its a nightmare to cancel and get money back!!

By Jasmin B.

you'll be lucky if it ever arrives. and don't try to return. they will never let you. i filed a complaint with the BBB and i suggest everyone do the same.

By nina r.

This is a child sweatshop factory!

By Lj H.
Questions? Get answers from the SheIn staff and other customers.

SheIn?