Review of SheIn

Tel: 0.5874656939
dispute@shein.com

robine189
12/9/18

Worst brand and website ever!

I would like to spare everyone ordering on this website! What a disaster!

- At first you think the price is amazingly cheap, but soon (once you receive your order) you realize that it's even expensive for the quality of clothes you get.

- The colors on the website are way different then the colors in real life. Which makes the pictures unrealistic, also according to the fabric and fit.

- Sending in a return product (which you will probably do; see my next points) is a disaster. It takes a lot of waiting time; waiting a week for them to send you a code, print the code, send the package which takes two weeks until you hear from them, then after a month or longer you receive your payback. And then you also need to pay shipping costs for this.

- To get the package delivered took a couple of weeks longer.

- The clothes are not sustainable too, having seen the fabrics they use it's super super super cheap and also of bad quality (the stitching is so badly done). Which means you can wear it a couple of times, wash it and it looks already like an old used item.

- The seize chart on the website is not accurate with their clothing. It's either way to big or way to small.

- Also the prices on the website in euro's where not the prices I payed. It was depending on the currency price of the euro and US dollar, which made me even pay more then the given price on the website. Of course it's almost impossible to do this super accurate. But why need the clients to pay this difference? There was not even any notice about it.

I can go on like this but just don't want to spend more time on this brand.

At the end, why do you think they give you so much discount constantly? Not because they have amazing clothes... the looks on the website are so deceiving!

rebels
12/8/18

Been trying for days to try and contact customer service to find out about an order. The only contact info on site circles you back to the main website. No contact Phone Number...no email address...no address.
How can you get information when they provide nothing......in order to contact them?

annmarieh15
12/7/18

Didn't get any of my clothes!!! I didn't get an email about them not arriving, they just didn't come and I can't find a place on the website to track them. Very shady.

ad7822
12/4/18

I've been a customer of Shein for a year and a half now and order almost every month from them. I think their stuff is decent. Well priced and about the same quality as most online stores out there. Checking the reviews, the customer photos, sizing and the fabric really goes a long way. You really have to be smart about these things and do your research. So far, I'm quite happy with the stuff I bought. You will come across bad purchases every now and then as it is with online shopping. But because it is cheap here, it doesn't really hurt.
I reckon all my best and most favourite purchases are from here.

What's impressive to me is their customer service and tracking. Their return policy is virtually useless, but they are almost always able to help resolve it via chat. I have found them to have relatively dependable customer service given that they respond promptly to emails, ship within 24 hours, honor complaints about defects and have (mostly) good English speaking staff. Most of all, where can you find Free 5-day shipping to Australia on no minimum order. They do deliver as promised eight times out of ten and their constant Free Shipping promos are always a plus! Overall, I definitely recommend this site.

indiraz
11/30/18

Extremely UNSATISFIED with this store. This was my first time shopping at SHEIN and my last at that. My niece requested an e-gift card from SHEIN for her birthday and i gladly agreed to purchase. i paid $340 dollars for a $400 e-gift card (cyber sale). Purchase was made through Paypal. DISCLAIMER: Their e-gift cards are not instantaneously delivered to the recipient and there is no disclosure statement that addresses the fact that it is AFTER you purchase the card and contact customer service that they tell you that delivery to the recipient would take anywhere from 12-24 hours. What is the purpose of electronic delivery if you have to wait a full day for it to be delivered? Once i found out about this matter I was on with customer service live chat for quiet some time starting at 11:30PM last night. I was assured by a representative they would send the email with the card information within the next 2-4 hours.Around 12:00 AM I received a message from SHEIN-security asking that they needed to confirm the validity of my Paypal account (arent paypal accounts for verified purchases?) and for that i needed to send a picture of my drivers' license showing my name with all other information blocked. I sent the requested information within the hour. At 11:00AM today contacted them again as i had yet to receive the e-gift card. I was told i needed to wait 24 hours for delivery. After being told contrary information from that of last night and having been assured delivery from 2-4 hours I couldnt find it in me to be comfortable and wait an unacceptable timeframe that was outside of the main purpose. My niece's birthday. I requested for the order to be cancelled and a refund issued. the representative kept deferring to the supervisor saying that they would urge the matter and for me to please wait. I expressed i no longer wanted to make business with them and if by 12:PM i had not received an email with the e-gift card, to please cancel the order. I received no confirmation on the cancellation or refund. At 2:00PM today again i contact to find out what ended up happening. At this point i have no present for my niece, had to take my business of $340 dollars elsewhere and did not have a confirmation of a refund being issued. After not being able to connect with chat again (apparently i was blocked) i logged in from my phone and after changing the user name someone responded to my request. This next representative followed up and advised the order had been cancelled and a refund to Paypal was underway. I requested for a confirmation email on the matter and was advised that the supervisor had been advised and that they would send it in a few HOURS. AGAIN HOURS to wait for an email to say your order has been cancelled and refunded to your account. This last representative after my concern did provide a screen shot with the cancellation since the email was also not possible. After well over 15 hours dealing with this, needless to say NEVER AGAIN! found out about this store and then had the most horrible experience without even starting a merchandise relationship. The customer service supervisors are not up to part and did absolutely NOTHING to resolve the situation. so BEWARE when buying no so instant e-gift cards that you have no control when the recipient is getting their gift!

jenb117
11/9/18
• Updated review

Within 48 hours of posting my poor review, someone in Customer service reviewed my problem and it was resolved. I am pleased and satisfied that it was taken care of. I wish it would've happened before I had to complain. I've been happy with their products.

“Returned a lot of items and they won't give me a refund”
10/17/18
• Previous review

It has been over two months and I returned over 26 items (I ordered a lot for my girls for school). When my refund came, it was just over $100 and each item was at least an average of $10.00. They also won't send me any details on what they show as returned and what they show is the refund. Their communication is terrible. If I use the chat, I have to get a new person up to speed every time (and this takes forever) and if I email, I get no response. I really like the clothes...but the customer service has been terrible for me.

Response from molly m., SheIn Representative
Dear Jen,

Our team has emailed you from Dispute@Shein.Com regarding your order refund. Kindly respond at your earliest convenience. We hope to hear from you soon.
bhartic
11/9/18

This really play with the customer paitence very poor Service.
Will not order again
You have done payment No message received till date already its been 5 days . No customer support Poor service and team as welll
I really recommend Boss to look after their team I asked for Call back No call received I have send an email No revert till now Really Hell and Pathetic service.
No Communication Poor service.

manaswinia
10/24/18

Recently i placed 2 orders and i didnot like some of the items.I placed return for 2 of my orders KCC36704 and AAH35952 one weeks ago .Then i was waiting for my item to be picked up.But from last 2 days when logged into the system,i could not see any order.no order history ..no wallet history....no address...nothing.My complete data is gone.In my wallet 1700 rupees was there..that also gone.Even i placed return ...that also gone.Now i dont know what these people are doing.When i talked to these people ..they told me its system error.no response from their side.

Response from molly m., SheIn Representative
Dear Manasi,

Our team has emailed you from Dispute@Shein.Com regarding your order. Kindly respond at your earliest convenience. We hope to hear from you soon.
cristinar30
10/22/18

I'm so happy. I got my order so fast. 4 days. Everything looks amazing. Perfect sizes. I'm surprised. I was expecting issues with sizes but no.. I will order often from Shein. Thank you guys! Made my day

cherryc20
10/20/18

This app is easy to use and has cheap clothes. Although their customer service is very polite, they are far from accommodating. They sent out a delivery to my home in atlanta and when i get the notification from USPS saying its undelivered, they notify me to contact the sender. When I talked to the representative from Shein, they said that I need to coordinate it with USPS?! how am i supposed to work on that? They are basically throwing me back and forth with no solution. How come domestic delivery could be this troublesome? And why can't shein just put the label on the package to tell them to let the customer to pick up if something is wrong with the address? (which is not the case here, i have ordered countless things online and never had any problem until i ordered stuff from shein). It's a lot easier and makes more sense. They should have overseeing the delivery as well since the customer has no control over it in any way. I have seen a lot of people have the same complaint, at this point, I would have changed the courier if I were them. A little more background into the delivery: by oct 15th it says it was delivered at the front desk, i asked the front desk, there was no usps guy the whole day and I know these people really well so I know they weren't lying, and then 5 mins later it says that i was undelivered. Next day, on oct 16th, they said they made an attempt. It was a complete lie! Because I didnt hear any knock, no notification from the mail room, nor from the front desk. The customer service refused to take care of it in the beginning until I told them to stop being unprofessional and deal with the post office, NOT ME who didnt do anything wrong. They might put the wrong address as far as i know

kholoude
10/20/18

Had bad experience, I canceled the order after the agent told me I can and reorder, btw I canceled in less than 24 hours , I was told I will get refund and everything back , they did a mistake and sent 4 pieces of cloth wrong , so they charge me on it , holding me for one month telling me manger will contact u , then no one cared , I didn't want those 4 items cause I reorder them , they ask me to send it back to get my money , had to spend gas on my car , waste my lunch break , go give it back and that was the agent fault and had to wait to get refund , they gave me nothing for inconvenient, still waiting to get my money , if the agent said that I can't cancel because stuff maybe has shipped which is lies cause I ordered less than 24 hours , it was a mistake from them and I was promised it is canceled however it is shady company becarful

fiorellas1
10/20/18

I ordered around 10 items and when they got delivered to me, the delivery man was asking me to pay 100 EUROS TO RECIEVE IT!!!!! Besides the cost of the actual clothes. This is the first time I order from Shein and the first time this happens to me. I'm a a usual online shopper and I've never had to pay anything to the delivery man to receive my package. This is because Shein sent it without paying the customs clearance costs (according to the people in DHL). I talked to the costumer service and although they were nice, they only offered to refund half of the cost of the custom clearance, which is actually almost the same price of the clothes I bought. On top of that, he quality of the clothes went from ok to really cheap looking. I feel scammed cause in the end I had to pay double of the money they told me initially. I won't order in this page again and I recommend to stay away from it.

Response from molly m., SheIn Representative
Dear Fiorella,

Unfortunately, we do not pay for any duties or taxes that may incur. Each country has a customs which all couriers must abide by for packages that are entering the country. Packages are selected at random to be further inspected and will sometimes have a duty or tax for the goods that have been imported. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please view DHL's and Shein's terms and conditions in regards to customs duties and taxes. Thank you and have a wonderful day!

junes48
10/11/18

Ordered a dress size L - when I am really a S....because I was leary of clothing from overseas manufacturers. The dress was so small I could not even get into it.
I verified my size on their chart before ordering - As I paid only $15 for the dress, to return it would have cost almost $8 - so I donated it.
The style was cute, the material was thinner than I prefer.
Look twice before you purchase!

Response from molly m., SheIn Representative
Dear June,

Our team has emailed you from Dispute@Shein.Com with your refund details. Kindly respond at your earliest convenience. We hope to hear from you soon!
zoes34
10/11/18

I ordered a blouse from SHEIN and received in just a few days. I was so pleased to find that the blouse is just as pretty as in the photo and well made. I ordered in white and loved it so much ordered one in dark blue. One thing to note is they run small. I am 5'10 130lbs. and ordered the first one in large. It fit well but any smaller would have been uncomfortable. The second one I ordered a XL and it fit perfectly!

cindyk126
10/6/18

I ordered a few items and when checking out, I was unable to update my billing address. The chat rep who then told me to choose paypal, even though I don't have a paypal account, the rep told me to choose paypal as a guest. They charged my credit card for the purchases, but refunds my money into a non existing paypal account. If you try to get your money back from paypal as a guest, it asks you to log in. I refuse to establish a paypal account due to some fraudulent activites in the past, and now I CAN'T get my refund. These people don't speak English very well, nor the head office. Terrible service!!!

Response from molly m., SheIn Representative
Dear Cindy,
Our team has emailed you from Dispute@Shein.Com regarding your order. Kindly respond at your earliest convenience. We hope to hear from you soon!
lisam880
10/4/18

I ordered a E gift card for my niece. She never received it. I contacted the support team. They said they would escalate it and respond with 24 hrs. No response. Her birthday has now come and gone and I am out of $100 and still have to buy another gift. I will not use them again.

marilyng67
10/4/18

I'm revising my review. My initial review talked about the horrible customer service and I stand by that with the first person I dealt with. I later received an apology email for that person's behavior and was offered a full refund and I did receive the refund. I appreciate them realizing that they were wrong and making it right.

Response from molly m., SheIn Representative
Dear Marilyn,

Our team has sent you an email from Dispute@Shein.Com regarding your order. Kindly respond at your earliest convenience. We hope to hear from you soon!
katrinaw18
10/4/18
• Updated review

I have to say, over just a little over the year, this company has drastically improved in every aspect. Over the summer, I decided to try ordering from here again and I can honestly say that I am impressed. The quality of their products have improved so much. They're basically exactly like something you would buy at Forever 21. My advice is read the reviews. If it's got a lot of good reviews, you're basically safe to order it. Their customer service has also been much more helpful and quick to respond. In one of my orders, I received a defective necklace and immediately they apologized and told me that they would send me a new one. Overall, I'm happy for all these improvements and see a bright future for them!

“Worst customer service”
• Previous review

I would never ever shop at Shein. Yes, you'all be satisfied with about half the clothes you receive, but the other half is either terrible material or looks nothing like the online pictures. The return is then the biggest headache of your life. I received so many emails during memorial weekend with free shipping and return deals, which is why I proceeded to order twice over that weekend. However, when I wanted to return a couple items from both orders, their customer service rep, Camille, told me that I don't get free returns because I used the international site, instead of the U.S. site. I clicked into the website through my email..... We then sent about 25 emails back and forth where she was rude, had terrible grammar, had terrible service and finally agreed to give me free returns on only ONE order. I don't understand how a company can advertise free returns and then blame the customer for using the "wrong" website LINKED to the email. When she finally gave me the shipping labels (one that I still have to pay for because at this point it was too much of a headache for me to argue anymore), the post office said she gave me first class shipping labels that only allow packages of 13 ounces, which is less than ONE pound. I emailed her telling her the situation and she responds that I only have five items and so the weight should be fine. And that if the USPS does not allow it, I would have to pay for the return fees through my own expenses. Excuse me. FIVE ITEMS for 13 OUNCES?! This company is actually ridiculous and tries in every little way to squeeze the extra dollars and pennies out of their customers. They do not at all care about their customer satisfaction. I will never shop here again.

Response from molly m., SheIn Representative
]Dear Katrina,

Thank you for shopping at SheIn.com.
We deeply apologize for all the trouble you have experienced and for our items having not lived up to your expectations.
Since we have strict quality assurance before each product is packed and shipped out, please send us a few photos of the items you received if the items came with defection, bad quality or wrong size, or are not like the description on the website. If it is the case, we would surely help you to refund.
Our Return Policy may vary with the website you are. In fact, US orders placed at us.shein.com, m.shein.com/us/ or with our app can only be returned free for the first return label when customers have paid for the return premium $1.99 at checkout whether there is a sale or not. For later return(s), or you haven't paid for the return premium, a handling fee of $5.99 will be deducted from the refund per label. We are so sorry for having misled you.

However, for the former order, we have offered you another return label so that you may return the five items with two labels. We are so sorry for the weight requirement for parcels. Few American customers experienced the same matter. For the latter order, you may download the return label by yourself after clicking Return Items in My orders.
In fact, we are not shirking our responsibility or blaming you. Instead, we are trying to help you.
Thanks for your feedback though. We're improving to bring customers better shopping experiences.
Our apologies for all this.
katrinaw18
10/4/18
• Updated review

After about a month of headache emailing Shein back and forth to agree on return shipping prices that they scammed me on, I finally sent back the items. It's been more than a month since they received my return packages and I still haven't gotten my refund. They told me it would take 10-20 business days for it to process. It's been 25 business days. This is so ridiculous. I just want my money back already.

“Worst customer service”
• Previous review

Response from molly m., SheIn Representative
]Dear Katrina,

Thank you for shopping at SheIn.com.

Our apologies for all this.
kearstont
10/3/18

I heard so many good things about this website so I thought I would try it out. Can't say that I was impressed. I received my order within a week which was good but I wasn't really satisfied with the order. The material feels cheap and the sizing chart is pretty off. I purchased several items in mediums that were extremely tight around the chest area but according to the sizing chart, I also purchased some smalls and those fit better than the mediums. The sizing chart was not consistent. I could have used larges in most things but I never wear a large in other clothing sites. It was honestly a hit or miss. Some things turned out ok but I can't say for sure that I'll order from this site again.

lindseyb62
9/30/18

I ordered a sweater I was really looking forward to getting. It finally came in and it was small, short and itchy. I wrote a review and it was denied because I said I didn't like it. Then I tried to talk to someone and figure out what was wrong with my review that it was denied other then the fact they don't like a bad review and I talked to 4 or 5 different people that were rude and told me to send an email to an email that wasn't even working. They told me to wait a few minutes and then left the chat or marked it solved. They refuse to talk. The worst.

leenam6
9/27/18

The dress quality was good the size was perfect and proper fit. Overall I loved it.
Only thing is shipping takes very long.

Response from molly m., SheIn Representative
Dear Leena,

sarw
9/20/18

Awful avoid. They send really poor quality and ridiculously cheap and undersized clothes. Received crumpled in a bag which was too small for the 5 items in. So small that the XL size I ordered as a size 12 didn't even fit my 14 Yr daughter who is a size 6.
Bad customer service, bad quality and removed my review from trust pilot as claimed it was fraud, hahaha. Joke

Response from molly m., SheIn Representative
Dear Sarah,

ssenevole
9/19/18

Everytime l give them a bad review it says denied, meaning they somehow control
the reviews going up directly on their site and l feel this is soooooo mis-leading for people. No wonder most of their reviews are good coz they dont approve the bad ones. And they have a crazy return policy :-(

Response from molly m., SheIn Representative
Dear Loveness,

jtd
9/17/18

After doing business with Shein and getting lingere with a waist that was 1/2 the normal size I got a notification from LifeLock that my email address and password were comprised and that the source was Shein. Do not use this international company.

Response from molly m., SheIn Representative
We would NEVER intentionally share our customers' info, let alone sell them. We were actually the victim of a recent cyber attack during which some customers' username & passwords were stolen. Fortunately your passwords were encrypted so the attackers are unlikely able to use them. We have found and fix the problem, and also hired the top US cybersecurity company to ensure this doesn't happen again. We are so sorry for the inconvenience and trouble this may have caused, and we suggest you update your passwords on all your accounts ASAP to avoid any potential issues. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this matter please reach out to our Customer Service team.
1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I agree they email me constantly to change my negative review.... Beware!!!!!

By Vonnett H.

Do not waste your money on this website, they are very disrespectful, and they do not help their customers. It was one of the worst shopping experiences ever.

By K P.

It is a hit and miss. Some items are OK but others are made by them recreating clothes from other companies and the fabrics are literally table cloths of worse. It is best to look at the photos of clothing posted by the users themselves and not she inside. I wouldn't purchase anything they add themselves. Also, to let you know how long it takes. I ordered a few items on April 15th via express shipping and they still haven't shipped them. It is JUNE! So I would save your money and shop at other sites even if they're a bit more expensive.

By Valeria C.

It's better for you to check the measurements fir each

By Maryam a.

My order took four to five weeks. The clothes weren't at all how they looked online either.

By Jenna B.

I ordered express and it took over a month just to be shipped. Sometimes they will split your order even if you paid express and send both economy. Don't waste your time. It's a risk and sometimes you get decent items but it will be like on out of the 10 things you order.

By Valeria C.

Takes AGES to come and the quality and sizing is very poor.

By Lo M.

JUST DONT DO IT!! Whatever shipping you choose, even if you want to pay for expedited they tack on 5-7 days of processing before it even gets sent out!! They don't mention that until you pay then its a nightmare to cancel and get money back!!

By Jasmin B.

you'll be lucky if it ever arrives. and don't try to return. they will never let you. i filed a complaint with the BBB and i suggest everyone do the same.

By nina r.

This is a child sweatshop factory!

By Lj H.
Questions? Get answers from the SheIn staff and other customers.

SheIn?