Review of SheIn

California, Guangdong ., United States
dispute@shein.com

karib27
7/16/18

The site told me to use PayPal for a 'safer transaction' ... I did and a couple days later I got an email saying my payment is under review as they need to issue an E-check that'll take additional time. I've never had this happen before so I contacted customer service wanting more information on what's happening and how much of an inconvenience time-wise this will cause in receiving my order. I am told to be patient and offered no explanation of what is going on. A few days later (thanks to my persistent messages), I am told to contact PayPal. I do, and they tell me SHEIN is responsible and they cannot do anything about this delay. Finally, I see I am CHARGED via PayPal for this order...so I assume my order has been verified and will ship out soon? No. There is no record of my order anywhere. Now again with NO EXPLANATION, I AM ASKED TO SEND A PICTURE OF MY CREDIT CARD? This company has stolen my money...where is my order???

Response from molly m., SheIn Representative
Dear Kari,

Our fraud prevention department has contacted you in regards to verifying your order. We do ask for a photo to see the last 4 digits of the card that was used, and a photo of the corresponding ID for the first and last name to verify your payment information. Please cover all information that we do not ask to see. If the verification has not been responded to the order will be cancelled. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you and have a wonderful day!
catherinev34
7/13/18

DO NOT BUY FROM SHEIN: I am trying to return some items, and their policy is to contact them first, then you receive the adress to return. I am trying for 2 weeks already to contact them, and I get completely ignored. I submitted 5 tickets on their website that say 24h reply, and contacted them on messenger, NOTHING worked.

bruceh100
7/12/18
• Updated review

After my review on sitejabber they did fix the error on their site. They then indicated that they would "offer a full refund" which I declined. They went ahead and gave me credit to use on the site nearly equivalent to the amount I spent anyway. That's ok but it's credit I likely will not use. I appreciate that they took the time to apologize and correct their site which was all I wanted.

“Typical flashy but cheap import fare”
1/12/18
• Previous review

Close to Christmas I submitted an order for a gift. For days I did not get any indication of ETA or that item had been shipped. Naturally it arrived some time after Christmas. That in itself is not a problem given the lateness of my order but it would have been nice to know in advance when it would ship. Also I noticed an error on the website as I entered the order (the product photo changed to a different product altogether when a different color was selected). Anticipating that they might get the order wrong I added a note to the order explaining the error and describing which product I was actually ordering. They ignored it and got it wrong anyway. My girlfriend was happy enough with the incorrect item so I did not make the effort to send it back. My first impression is that they are somewhat unconcerned about customer service or perhaps there is a language barrier.

sueb125
7/12/18
• Updated review

Ordered A swimsuit which didn't fit and didn't notice that there was a no return and swimwear policy. However that kindly refunded me anyway and followed up for a positive resolution. I would definitely re order and try a different type of clothing order. Sue

“don't order a swimsuit”
2/6/18
• Previous review

No returns on swimwear. Never would have ordered had I known. The suit was of inferior fabric, and the fit was horrible. Now I'm stuck with it even tho all tags are there, as well the the protective adhesive.

sa107
7/10/18

I ordered 22 items! The items were delivered very late! All dresses were completely see through and unwearable! Items came not as advertised! Just completely awful!! I used my card to pay and they over charged me (twice for 2 items) and then told me they will reflect back the amount in my wallet, they did that but reflected it incorrectly! It is a horrible experience, I will never ever use them again! All sizes were wrong! the clothes are VERY cheap and see through (not as advertised to the customer!!) looking to that point they are embarrassing to wear! only their shoes is of good quality.. I have asked for the items to be returned but VERY bad investment! AWFUL!

emilyk102
7/8/18

I had seen a few bloggers post about SHEIN and how cheap it was, so I decided to try it out for myself.

I ordered 9 different tops and the total came to roughly $56 (USD) which I was thrilled about. The shipping took about two weeks, but I was fine with that given the cheap price of the clothing.

One thing I kept hearing was that it is crucial to read reviews of each item before you purchase and I highly recommend that as well! I spent hours and days searching the site for tops I liked and reading all the reviews. I carefully chose each piece based upon the reviews I was given.

I was actually pretty disappointed when my items arrived and I tried them on. I understand that because of the prices the quality will not be the best, and I was expecting this. However, I found a few of the tops to be even worse than I expected. There were a lot of loose strings and I did find that a few of the tops had a weird chemical smell. Most items are made with polyester, I found it difficult to find items made of other materials.

I also found that most of the items did not even come close to the size I ordered. I ordered a small in all tops. Some fit more like an extra small, however, most fit more like a large. I really can not even recommend going up or down a size because it is going to depend on your body type and the style/material of the shirt.

I decided to return all the items and did notice that on my invoice, which is a tiny piece of paper that is easy to miss, that it said all my items were ineligible for return. I spoke to customer service online and the said not to worry about that. I was able to return my items. However, only your first return is free. If you return after that they do take a fee out. I found this to be frustrating and a turn off to the company. I do not want to order items that I have no idea if they will fit if I am not guaranteed all of my money back. It was fairly easy to return, just be aware of this.

If you are thinking of purchasing from SHEIN, I urge you to use caution and really read reviews. Be aware of all the gimmicks such as paying for returns after the first one. Also know these clothes are cheap, so do not expect anything great. Also, be aware of where these things are made....

Recommendations for SHEIN: Free returns always, better size guide, use of more materials besides polyester

Tip for consumers: Please read reviews of every item you are interested in purchasing!!

Response from molly m., SheIn Representative
Dear Emily,

Our team has emailed you via Dispute@Shein.Com. Kindly respond at your earliest convenience, we hope to hear from you soon!
iwsoc
7/8/18

Decided to try them as they are advertising a lot in Australia and make their web site look like it is an Australian business. The site also said 'First Return Free' so I thought it was worth a try. Bought 3 items. @ were okay considering I only paid less than $10 AUS each after sale discounts. Had I paid any more I would have been disappointed as they are not good quality and won't last. Sizing varies with every item and following their size chart is NO guarantee that what you receive will be that size or relate to the item measurements. Good chance you will get an item returned by someone else as well. One item was sewn so badly it wouldn't fit any shape human body. They wanted me to pay to return it to the USA. But the first return was supposed to be free? And the item is defective i.e. 'not fit for purpose'? So I did what this business depends on people doing - got frustrated and didn't bother. From other reviews it seems if you pay to return it you are likely to not receive a refund anyway. So... let me state it plainly. Order at a huge risk. Don't believe positive reviews - they are fake or an accidental fluke. Meanwhile, I have a few new rags to use around the house....

irisr24
7/6/18

I ordered 4 pieces and they where all too big, of bad quality and not sewn properly. 2 of them where even damaged. I cant review the clothes on the site itself and the site says I cant send any of the pieces back so really dissapointed.

However, they contacted me after seeing my review and sent half my money back even tho I already repaired and changed all of the pieces and chose to keep them.

shaquasiab
7/6/18

I ordered last Friday & I havent had one update on any processing or shipping for my ONE ITEM I ordered. I cant even find my order on the website as if it doesnt exist! I contacted customer service and they have failed to help me find my order! My money was taken and thats the only email Ive received. Im very nervous & I just want to know where the hell my stuff is & when it will get to me. Worst online experience ever !

Response from molly m., SheIn Representative
Dear Shaquasia,

jacquelinem145
7/2/18

Not only do you have to pay for the return shipping fee, but the process of even being allowed to return your item is dramatic! You have to request a return online and they promise to give you a link for your return label. However, you have to "remove the last 3 words in the html link once you have logged in on the website and replace them with your order nr". I tried every possible variation but nothing worked. Still waiting for a reply. Oh and if you don't specifically state that you want money returned to you, you get your refund in Shein points.... uh no thank you, never ordering here again!

Response from molly m., SheIn Representative
Dear Jacqueline,

Our team has emailed you via Dispute@Shein.Com with your return label. Kindly respond at your earliest convenience. We hope to hear from you soon!
fatmas
6/27/18

Ive ordered from this company 2 times so far and I love the cute and affordable clothes they have. The size sometimes run small so it's better to get one size up.

sophiac33
6/11/18

I ordered 13 items with express shipping because I needed it for a trip. It said 2-4 days so a I thought it would come in that amount of time. However it took 3 days to process. I asked for it to be processed so if you dont ask theyll take longer than 3 days for your order to process. The shipping started on 06/03 and came on 06/08 so thats 5 day, which isnt bad but plus the 3 day processing time is 8 days, when its supposed to be 2-4 the stuff is pretty cute though.

evam100
6/10/18

I have friends who have ordered from shein previously and had high reviews of it. I had browsed before but never actually ordered. I finally decided place an order after weighing all the good and bad reviews of the company. I ended up buying a little over 100 dollars worth of clothes. I was very excited to receive them, but then I was informed that one of the items was back ordered and it had slowed the whole process down. This was understandable, and I didn't think much of it. I figured everything out with customer service (which was actually very good and helpful). A couple days later, however, when I checked the status of my order, I saw that my order was not supposed to arrive for almost two weeks late even though I payed an extra $12.90 for the fastest shipping they had. When I contacted customer service again, they were gracious about it and refunded me the money, but I am still not getting my order for another week. I have yet to actually receive the clothes but I am still excited to get them because they ARE very stylish. All in all, customer service is great, style is great, shipping is horrible, and quality of clothes is yet to be determined.
EDIT: So two items have now arrived. So far I absolutely love them both. The quality is great and they both fit perfectly. (the two items SKU are dress171017051 and pants171211033) More updates to come when the rest of the clothes arrive.

helenek11
6/9/18

Very disapointed. I bought rib knit crop fitted tea pink color, order No. CYY26428 for @ 13.98 XS but your XS is huge, much too big, Helene Kaplan

fatifitc
6/8/18

le meilleur des sites chinois que j'ai testé avec un très bon rapport qualité prix
tous les articles que j'ai achetés sur ce sites est de superbe qualité
j'adore et je recommande

shawanib
6/6/18

Purchased a product... Size didn't match so returned the product have not received any refund... Horrible service...planning to complain in consumer forum

kristynag
6/5/18

I have been shopping on SHEIN for over 2 years now, clothes they offer is very trendy and stylish. I always make sure to check other customers reviews and photos and to check the sizing charts before ordering and I am never disappointed. The clothes are unique and I always get compliments, when wearing SHEIN

Tip for consumers: Always check the fabric, measurements and customer review and I assure you will not regret

natieles
6/4/18

Incredible shop. My sweater came right, same right and same as the site. Loved it.

My instagram @blognatielesouza

carlal47
6/4/18

the products are all very good, come in pictures! the quality / price ratio is sensational, highly recommended

lucyw61
6/2/18

To put it short. It is rubbish. Quality rubbish. cheap clothes. bad sizing. stick to well know brands. also one big problem uk return to BELGIUM ! and you have to pay. Not on.

hayleyp15
6/1/18

it is a nightmare to return an order, I have now tried for 3 days !!

no number to call, i JUST ANT A REURNS LABEL !!!!

paolan4
5/31/18

Amazing clothes at best price! I highly recommend;)
The table with the measures on the site is very reliable and allows you not to make wrong choices!

danail
5/31/18

The site is really helpful giving a lot of details about all the products such as: description about the material and fabric, size & fit that is really helpful. Moreover the customer service is very helpful, replying pretty fast in any question. The packaging is great and so far we've never had any problem with the products that we've ordered!

Tip for consumers: Check the 'Size & Fit' in order to have a full description about the size of the product!

iuliak
5/30/18

I recommend this online store! Excellent choice, low prices, good quality, fast delivery around the world!

teddyh16
5/30/18

Uiteindelijk is de bestelling afgeleverd en ben ik keurig benaderd door hun klantenservice. Inmiddels nog een bestelling geplaatst. Ben benieuwd of het nu wel goed gaat.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I agree they email me constantly to change my negative review.... Beware!!!!!

By Vonnett H.

Do not waste your money on this website, they are very disrespectful, and they do not help their customers. It was one of the worst shopping experiences ever.

By K P.

Don't order anything from them. Worse experience ever! The customer service is poor so if you're not happy don't expect any refund, exchange or anything else. You'll lose your time and your money!

By Jeanne L.

Takes AGES to come and the quality and sizing is very poor.

By Lo M.

It's better for you to check the measurements fir each

By Maryam a.

My order took four to five weeks. The clothes weren't at all how they looked online either.

By Jenna B.

I ordered express and it took over a month just to be shipped. Sometimes they will split your order even if you paid express and send both economy. Don't waste your time. It's a risk and sometimes you get decent items but it will be like on out of the 10 things you order.

By Valeria C.

JUST DONT DO IT!! Whatever shipping you choose, even if you want to pay for expedited they tack on 5-7 days of processing before it even gets sent out!! They don't mention that until you pay then its a nightmare to cancel and get money back!!

By Jasmin B.

you'll be lucky if it ever arrives. and don't try to return. they will never let you. i filed a complaint with the BBB and i suggest everyone do the same.

By nina r.

This is a child sweatshop factory!

By Lj H.
Questions? Get answers from the SheIn staff and other customers.

141 Photos for SheIn