Review of SheIn

Tel: 0.5874656939
dispute@shein.com

kholoude
10/20/18

Had bad experience, I canceled the order after the agent told me I can and reorder, btw I canceled in less than 24 hours , I was told I will get refund and everything back , they did a mistake and sent 4 pieces of cloth wrong , so they charge me on it , holding me for one month telling me manger will contact u , then no one cared , I didn't want those 4 items cause I reorder them , they ask me to send it back to get my money , had to spend gas on my car , waste my lunch break , go give it back and that was the agent fault and had to wait to get refund , they gave me nothing for inconvenient, still waiting to get my money , if the agent said that I can't cancel because stuff maybe has shipped which is lies cause I ordered less than 24 hours , it was a mistake from them and I was promised it is canceled however it is shady company becarful

fiorellas1
10/20/18

I ordered around 10 items and when they got delivered to me, the delivery man was asking me to pay 100 EUROS TO RECIEVE IT!!!!! Besides the cost of the actual clothes. This is the first time I order from Shein and the first time this happens to me. I'm a a usual online shopper and I've never had to pay anything to the delivery man to receive my package. This is because Shein sent it without paying the customs clearance costs (according to the people in DHL). I talked to the costumer service and although they were nice, they only offered to refund half of the cost of the custom clearance, which is actually almost the same price of the clothes I bought. On top of that, he quality of the clothes went from ok to really cheap looking. I feel scammed cause in the end I had to pay double of the money they told me initially. I won't order in this page again and I recommend to stay away from it.

Response from molly m., SheIn Representative
Dear Fiorella,

Unfortunately, we do not pay for any duties or taxes that may incur. Each country has a customs which all couriers must abide by for packages that are entering the country. Packages are selected at random to be further inspected and will sometimes have a duty or tax for the goods that have been imported. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please view DHL's and Shein's terms and conditions in regards to customs duties and taxes. Thank you and have a wonderful day!

junes48
10/11/18

Ordered a dress size L - when I am really a S....because I was leary of clothing from overseas manufacturers. The dress was so small I could not even get into it.
I verified my size on their chart before ordering - As I paid only $15 for the dress, to return it would have cost almost $8 - so I donated it.
The style was cute, the material was thinner than I prefer.
Look twice before you purchase!

Response from molly m., SheIn Representative
Dear June,

Our team has emailed you from Dispute@Shein.Com with your refund details. Kindly respond at your earliest convenience. We hope to hear from you soon!
zoes34
10/11/18

I ordered a blouse from SHEIN and received in just a few days. I was so pleased to find that the blouse is just as pretty as in the photo and well made. I ordered in white and loved it so much ordered one in dark blue. One thing to note is they run small. I am 5'10 130lbs. and ordered the first one in large. It fit well but any smaller would have been uncomfortable. The second one I ordered a XL and it fit perfectly!

cindyk126
10/6/18

I ordered a few items and when checking out, I was unable to update my billing address. The chat rep who then told me to choose paypal, even though I don't have a paypal account, the rep told me to choose paypal as a guest. They charged my credit card for the purchases, but refunds my money into a non existing paypal account. If you try to get your money back from paypal as a guest, it asks you to log in. I refuse to establish a paypal account due to some fraudulent activites in the past, and now I CAN'T get my refund. These people don't speak English very well, nor the head office. Terrible service!!!

Response from molly m., SheIn Representative
Dear Cindy,
Our team has emailed you from Dispute@Shein.Com regarding your order. Kindly respond at your earliest convenience. We hope to hear from you soon!
lisam880
10/4/18

I ordered a E gift card for my niece. She never received it. I contacted the support team. They said they would escalate it and respond with 24 hrs. No response. Her birthday has now come and gone and I am out of $100 and still have to buy another gift. I will not use them again.

marilyng67
10/4/18

I'm revising my review. My initial review talked about the horrible customer service and I stand by that with the first person I dealt with. I later received an apology email for that person's behavior and was offered a full refund and I did receive the refund. I appreciate them realizing that they were wrong and making it right.

Response from molly m., SheIn Representative
Dear Marilyn,

Our team has sent you an email from Dispute@Shein.Com regarding your order. Kindly respond at your earliest convenience. We hope to hear from you soon!
katrinaw18
10/4/18
• Updated review

I have to say, over just a little over the year, this company has drastically improved in every aspect. Over the summer, I decided to try ordering from here again and I can honestly say that I am impressed. The quality of their products have improved so much. They're basically exactly like something you would buy at Forever 21. My advice is read the reviews. If it's got a lot of good reviews, you're basically safe to order it. Their customer service has also been much more helpful and quick to respond. In one of my orders, I received a defective necklace and immediately they apologized and told me that they would send me a new one. Overall, I'm happy for all these improvements and see a bright future for them!

“Worst customer service”
• Previous review

I would never ever shop at Shein. Yes, you'all be satisfied with about half the clothes you receive, but the other half is either terrible material or looks nothing like the online pictures. The return is then the biggest headache of your life. I received so many emails during memorial weekend with free shipping and return deals, which is why I proceeded to order twice over that weekend. However, when I wanted to return a couple items from both orders, their customer service rep, Camille, told me that I don't get free returns because I used the international site, instead of the U.S. site. I clicked into the website through my email..... We then sent about 25 emails back and forth where she was rude, had terrible grammar, had terrible service and finally agreed to give me free returns on only ONE order. I don't understand how a company can advertise free returns and then blame the customer for using the "wrong" website LINKED to the email. When she finally gave me the shipping labels (one that I still have to pay for because at this point it was too much of a headache for me to argue anymore), the post office said she gave me first class shipping labels that only allow packages of 13 ounces, which is less than ONE pound. I emailed her telling her the situation and she responds that I only have five items and so the weight should be fine. And that if the USPS does not allow it, I would have to pay for the return fees through my own expenses. Excuse me. FIVE ITEMS for 13 OUNCES?! This company is actually ridiculous and tries in every little way to squeeze the extra dollars and pennies out of their customers. They do not at all care about their customer satisfaction. I will never shop here again.

Response from molly m., SheIn Representative
]Dear Katrina,

Thank you for shopping at SheIn.com.
We deeply apologize for all the trouble you have experienced and for our items having not lived up to your expectations.
Since we have strict quality assurance before each product is packed and shipped out, please send us a few photos of the items you received if the items came with defection, bad quality or wrong size, or are not like the description on the website. If it is the case, we would surely help you to refund.
Our Return Policy may vary with the website you are. In fact, US orders placed at us.shein.com, m.shein.com/us/ or with our app can only be returned free for the first return label when customers have paid for the return premium $1.99 at checkout whether there is a sale or not. For later return(s), or you haven't paid for the return premium, a handling fee of $5.99 will be deducted from the refund per label. We are so sorry for having misled you.

However, for the former order, we have offered you another return label so that you may return the five items with two labels. We are so sorry for the weight requirement for parcels. Few American customers experienced the same matter. For the latter order, you may download the return label by yourself after clicking Return Items in My orders.
In fact, we are not shirking our responsibility or blaming you. Instead, we are trying to help you.
Thanks for your feedback though. We're improving to bring customers better shopping experiences.
Our apologies for all this.
katrinaw18
10/4/18
• Updated review

After about a month of headache emailing Shein back and forth to agree on return shipping prices that they scammed me on, I finally sent back the items. It's been more than a month since they received my return packages and I still haven't gotten my refund. They told me it would take 10-20 business days for it to process. It's been 25 business days. This is so ridiculous. I just want my money back already.

“Worst customer service”
• Previous review

Response from molly m., SheIn Representative
]Dear Katrina,

Thank you for shopping at SheIn.com.

Our apologies for all this.
kearstont
10/3/18

I heard so many good things about this website so I thought I would try it out. Can't say that I was impressed. I received my order within a week which was good but I wasn't really satisfied with the order. The material feels cheap and the sizing chart is pretty off. I purchased several items in mediums that were extremely tight around the chest area but according to the sizing chart, I also purchased some smalls and those fit better than the mediums. The sizing chart was not consistent. I could have used larges in most things but I never wear a large in other clothing sites. It was honestly a hit or miss. Some things turned out ok but I can't say for sure that I'll order from this site again.

lindseyb62
9/30/18

I ordered a sweater I was really looking forward to getting. It finally came in and it was small, short and itchy. I wrote a review and it was denied because I said I didn't like it. Then I tried to talk to someone and figure out what was wrong with my review that it was denied other then the fact they don't like a bad review and I talked to 4 or 5 different people that were rude and told me to send an email to an email that wasn't even working. They told me to wait a few minutes and then left the chat or marked it solved. They refuse to talk. The worst.

leenam6
9/27/18

The dress quality was good the size was perfect and proper fit. Overall I loved it.
Only thing is shipping takes very long.

Response from molly m., SheIn Representative
Dear Leena,

sarw
9/20/18

Awful avoid. They send really poor quality and ridiculously cheap and undersized clothes. Received crumpled in a bag which was too small for the 5 items in. So small that the XL size I ordered as a size 12 didn't even fit my 14 Yr daughter who is a size 6.
Bad customer service, bad quality and removed my review from trust pilot as claimed it was fraud, hahaha. Joke

Response from molly m., SheIn Representative
Dear Sarah,

ssenevole
9/19/18

Everytime l give them a bad review it says denied, meaning they somehow control
the reviews going up directly on their site and l feel this is soooooo mis-leading for people. No wonder most of their reviews are good coz they dont approve the bad ones. And they have a crazy return policy :-(

Response from molly m., SheIn Representative
Dear Loveness,

Our team has emailed you from Dispute@Shein.Com regarding your order. Kindly respond at your earliest convenience. We hope to hear from you soon.
jtd
9/17/18

After doing business with Shein and getting lingere with a waist that was 1/2 the normal size I got a notification from LifeLock that my email address and password were comprised and that the source was Shein. Do not use this international company.

Response from molly m., SheIn Representative
We would NEVER intentionally share our customers' info, let alone sell them. We were actually the victim of a recent cyber attack during which some customers' username & passwords were stolen. Fortunately your passwords were encrypted so the attackers are unlikely able to use them. We have found and fix the problem, and also hired the top US cybersecurity company to ensure this doesn't happen again. We are so sorry for the inconvenience and trouble this may have caused, and we suggest you update your passwords on all your accounts ASAP to avoid any potential issues. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this matter please reach out to our Customer Service team.
paolam13
9/16/18

Update
After reviewing Shein, the Store contacted me and refunded me the items with quality issues, so, they do stand on their customers when we complain. THANKS Shein!

The ordering process was kind of confused since they has bogo 99% off. But when you put items on the cart they were applying discounts to the last items until they were almost in $

items seems to have good reviews but for what I received I asume they do what other online stores do: they do not allow buyers to publish bad reviews so don't trust the reviews you ser there.

There were some regular and some pretty bad quality items. Nothing of good quality and they do not return money and hoy have to pay like 8 dollars to return something so be prepared to lose big money.

I'm very dissapointed with this buy and would not recommend it. Besides and this was my fault and my country's fault because í ordered many pieces even the amount esa below $150 USA dollars I had to pay almost 100 dollars on duties even when we have a law that says that below 200 dollars hoy don't pay taxes but this is another way to steal from customs department and another 100 dollars for shipping, so what I thought would be a bargain became into a very bad decision. I'd spend same amount for branded clothes in USA.
There was a dress I will use as a mop. It is the most ugly thing in the World and fabric is something I could not explain with my little english knowledge. If you see Pictures and reviews is not even close to really.

Sizes are very random but not as bad as other stores.

Response from molly m., SheIn Representative
Dear Paola,

cilh
9/13/18

Superunhappy with this company. I still need my money back.While I paid in euro's they return me the dollar currency.

Response from molly m., SheIn Representative
Dear Cil,
Our team has emailed you from Dispute@Shein.Com regarding both order refunds that have been processed, this will include 2 screenshots for your records. We have refunded you back to the original form of payment in EUR for both orders. Kindly respond at your earliest convenience. Thank you and have a wonderful day!
cilh
9/12/18

return policy is the worst I have ever experienced. Their parcel labels for return can't be scanned in which means you eventually have to pay it yourself. they will only if you attach track and trace (13 euros) will pay you half of the cost. insane serieuously. never gonna order here. still havent received my money back

caitlyns13
8/31/18

Nothing bad to say about the quality of the clothes, mainly because none of them could be worn anyway.

I suggest if you are going to buy from shein, size up or check the measurements, so you that you don't have to deal with the hassle of returning items and getting new ones.

Response from molly m., SheIn Representative
Dear Caitlyn,

I have checked on the verified order number and there is one missing letter from this. Can you please send us an email to Dispute@Shein.Com with the title SITEJABBER so that we may assist you on this order. Optionally, we can also look up the order details with the email address that was used to place your order. I hope to hear from you soon.
truptip3
8/31/18

Neverrrrrrrr do a pre-paid order for these people or order anything from this site they are not legit. You won't be able to do a pick up or return. My 3556 rupees are gone with these people....been on phones millions of time, no one cares.

truptip2
8/28/18

So it was my 4th order which didn't go through. So frastrated. My 3500 rupees are stuck with them, they won't ship me my package neither would they cancel my order or return me my money, it's been long now. Sooooooooo pissedddddddddddddd.........alomost every day I have schedule a call then they will call me 1 hour late and do nothing about my order. EEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRR!!

Response from molly m., SheIn Representative
Dear Trupti,

Our team has emailed you from dispute@shein.com regarding your refund. Kindly respond at your earliest convenience. We hope to hear from you soon!
janetth1
8/27/18

been trying for days to find a way to return 5 of fifteen items i ordered, worst site I have ever been on. No real people, no phone contact. robot answers. I need help, finally was able to find a customer service today which seemed to be more responsive only to be disconnected. Even tho they have my phone # and email they didn;t bother to reconnect with me.

nirliptam
8/27/18

I did payment for a top and amount has been deducted from my account but I didn't get any confirmation email or message from the site.... Totally fraud

Response from molly m., SheIn Representative
Dear Nirlipta,

eileeng40
8/27/18

First, for the money you are paying the quality is good & a good value. Needed to return some items & did an online chat, gave them my order # & they emailed me a shipping label without a hassle or fuss. Very happy with the products I have kept & will continue to shop with them. They also have great incentives, combine that with ebates & Wiki and the prices are really great

trivenim
8/23/18

There was measurement problem in the jacket which I placed order from shein and for return pickup they charging, why should I pay this pick up amount, none of the other giant website charges for this.. Which is really very Unethical.. Very very bad experience.. Plz don't buy nd waste your money.. Disgusting..

Response from molly m., SheIn Representative
Dear Triveni,

Our team has emailed you via Dispute@Shein.Com regarding your order. Kindly respond at your earliest convenience. We hope to hear from you soon!
1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I agree they email me constantly to change my negative review.... Beware!!!!!

By Vonnett H.

Do not waste your money on this website, they are very disrespectful, and they do not help their customers. It was one of the worst shopping experiences ever.

By K P.

It is a hit and miss. Some items are OK but others are made by them recreating clothes from other companies and the fabrics are literally table cloths of worse. It is best to look at the photos of clothing posted by the users themselves and not she inside. I wouldn't purchase anything they add themselves. Also, to let you know how long it takes. I ordered a few items on April 15th via express shipping and they still haven't shipped them. It is JUNE! So I would save your money and shop at other sites even if they're a bit more expensive.

By Valeria C.

It's better for you to check the measurements fir each

By Maryam a.

My order took four to five weeks. The clothes weren't at all how they looked online either.

By Jenna B.

I ordered express and it took over a month just to be shipped. Sometimes they will split your order even if you paid express and send both economy. Don't waste your time. It's a risk and sometimes you get decent items but it will be like on out of the 10 things you order.

By Valeria C.

Takes AGES to come and the quality and sizing is very poor.

By Lo M.

JUST DONT DO IT!! Whatever shipping you choose, even if you want to pay for expedited they tack on 5-7 days of processing before it even gets sent out!! They don't mention that until you pay then its a nightmare to cancel and get money back!!

By Jasmin B.

you'll be lucky if it ever arrives. and don't try to return. they will never let you. i filed a complaint with the BBB and i suggest everyone do the same.

By nina r.

This is a child sweatshop factory!

By Lj H.
Questions? Get answers from the SheIn staff and other customers.

SheIn?