Review of FashionNova

2018 Customer choice award

202 reviews with 2 stars

jennie7
6/6/19

It always takes FOREVER to get a response from fashion nova. Not to mention "easy returns" are bs. there is nothing easy about it. I'm practically ripping my hair out trying to get this return done!! I'm most likely not going to order from here again because it's just not worth it! My first order was great and that's the only reason I've continued to order, but every order after that has been terrible, items are misleading, don't fit, horrible material. It's practically overpriced Wish. The worst part is they only refund your money for gift cards! And the customer service is not cooperative AT ALL! If your child orders an item, they don't cancel it! Select few of the items listed are nice but the customer service and overall quality are not there.

Tip for consumers: Be weary ANYTHING you buy! Expect a gift card in exchange for your return and to pay $10 for a shipping label!!

detrap
6/5/19

I ordered a total of 9 matching sets from fashion Nova over about a week's timeframe. When I received them, all nine of the sets were missing a piece (either the top or bottom). What can I do with one piece to a set?? Nothing! So what do I get to do? Pack all of them up to send back (spending MY money on shipping costs for THEIR errors) and risk not being refunded for everything because I am already aware of how unorganized their returns system is-- don't get me wrong, I've gotten some "to die for" outfits/items from them in the past, but 9 major order errors in a week??? C'mon fashion Nova, get it together!

dollyy
6/4/19

Most annoying thing is the automated email responses as soon as you submit an issue. In my case it was returns, their online return website was not working and I was directed to fill out the return slip that is included in the package. Sent two items back, brand new, never worn with tags on, only tried on. Received credit for one item only when I filled out the return slip for both items. I reached out explaining my situation and asking if they can recheck the return slip. All they could say was I had no proof meaning no proof that I sent out those shorts, no receipt, no photo of my slip or video of me packing away those items with the slip to be return (who thinks of doing that?) so to conclude they will keep my shorts that I returned along with my money. Simply because the people there can't comprehend returning 2 items only. Note to all future returns out there, better take photos and record yourself packing away items and at the post office returning your items.

priscillan3
6/2/19

Please make better quality and rid your inventory of trashy quality... some buttons are sewn unaligned and the material is still so thin. Idk but a little more effort can make this 5 stars. And the return policy needs to be updated. It's 2019, there should be a free return policy and what is final sale... If we return it, you can see that this product is not selling and returning always comes with recycling. Please do something. Clean your inventory and upgrade and update your quality and return policy please. This could be 5 stars. And that would make so much more profit and would also be dependable and not some rip off in any way in the end. What do I do with these clothes that did not arrive as expected? It has to be possible... please just don't send any more crappy quality clothes out please. Especially not ones that are misaligned... or ones that really when you feel it you know it will not survive and it is not worth the sale. It could all be better and I could have less new clothes I won't wear.

susanm314
Stacy M.
5/22/19

I have been buying from nova for about a year and I can say sometimes their clothing is good, however with their return policy it's not worth. If you get a size that doesn't fit you basically only get store credit AND you have to PAY to ship it back! Some of their stuff runs too small or too big so if you get the wrong size you basically are stuck having to pay to ship it back. Worst part of the whole website is the customer service!! Their is no number to call when you email them you get a basic email saying they'll get to it and they never answer! One issue I've had a lot is buying an item, waiting days for it to come and later in receiving an email saying they don't have it! please do NOT order from here for last minute clothing because you might NEVER get it

laurenm255
5/9/19

If you have had problems with your order when ordering to the Uk or Europe this may help you.
After waiting 2 weeks for my delivery (sometimes normal waiting time) I received an email from 'Global Freight Systems' asking me to pay a fee for duties and taxes. I was hesitant to pay this and at first thought it was a fraud company so I ignored it. I did email Fashion Nova about it but they didn't say anything about GFS and just said it can take up to 30 days to receive my package so I carried on waiting.
30 days had now past by and still no package so I emailed FN again and the send me an affidavit form to fill out so they can investigate where my package was. The next day they let me know it was with 'Global Freight Systems Ltd' they were awaiting my payment for the duties and taxes. She sent me a new tracking number along with a link to the website which is: https://globalfreightsystems.co.uk/PaymentService/MakePayment
So now I knew it was legit (despite all the reviews saying its a fake company, it isn't). It also states on their website that they work with some companies including FN and they had a right to charge duties and taxes for some packages coming from abroad, it also states that FN does not mention this on their website or delivery info (hence why so many people are angry and don't know whats going on with their order).
I paid the fee that day and each day I checked on Yodel to track my order but each day it said 'Your parcel will be with us soon' Until the 7th business day it said it would arrive that day and I was able to track it the whole day until it arrived.
So I received my order after 5 weeks. Finally!
I hope this helps some of you and I really think FN should make some changes to their website so UK and European customers know to expect other fee's (Everyone who has had this problem should email FN asking them to state that we may have to pay more fees)! Otherwise they will carry on doing what they are doing,, Its not fair, they are a multimillion dollar company, their customers have the right to know!!
So after this long frustrating wait I am very happy with my clothes but due to this frustration I won't be ordering from FN again. Shame as I loved their range so much!
Im sure I'm not the only customer they are losing due to this.
Time to make some changes FN and notify your valued customers on your website!

dawnam4
5/7/19

Had a very recent purchase with Fashion Nova. The stuff was nice, but one item had a score mark across the fabric (likely from the factory) that tore open. This was noticed within 3 days of delivery. On contacting Fashion Nova, was politely told sorry, 2 day limit from delivery for damage claims. Their online terms show both 2 day and 5 day limits on this. No reply back from them on questioning this. My caveats: read the terms... you likely only have two days from delivery, so hopefully it doesn't show on Friday, and you are away until Monday or you are SOL. The return shipping is on your dime as well. You are likely better to shop on Amazon or E-bay... you have better sales terms.

rm428
4/18/19

I placed my order on the 4th and was very skeptical due to previous orders which took very long to ship.They had a great sale so I took a chance. I was glad to see that in 2 days my items were sent to the post office (great right?). Since I live internationally I do not expect speedy delivery, but I order online frequently and FN is by far the WORST when it comes to shipping. I've been tracking my order now for the past 2 WEEKS and I am convinced this is a fake tracking number because it does not take over ONE WEEK to get from LA to MIA. I don't know if its the post office or FN but I would like my package please. This might be my last time ordering from them until they get their shipping together. (FYI DO NOT FALL FOR THESE FAKE REVIEWS ON THIS SITE LIKE I DID! YOU CAN TELL THE REAL REVIEWS FROM THE FAKE ONES. SEEMS AS IS FN IS TRYING TO COVER UP SOME BS BC THEY ARE STILL A HORRIBLE COMPANY! DO BETTER PLEASE)

ameliaa23
4/16/19

I ordered a pair of jeans that were to small for me. I looked at the return slip that came inside my package and it says that if it ends with $.96, $.97, or $.98 it is final sale. The jeans I bought ended with a $.00 so I thought I would be ok to proceed with the return. WELL I WAS WRONG! The website says if it ends with $.00 it is final sale. How does that make any sense? Now I wasted 40$ on a perfectly fine pair of jeans that just do not fit.

autumns32
4/9/19

Based on my experience I am giving this website 2 stars because I do like the quality of the clothes, I think they are decent for the price. Especially when they have promotions, sometimes up to 40% off!

However why I am giving it only two stars and also annoyed me and made me almost bowed to never come back (only came back yesterday because of the 40% off promotion) was that I returned about four items or so that I purchased online, shipping it to the refund center or whatever the address is to return items on the website. When I went to the post office, the lady there warned me that a girl that tried to return her items a couple weeks ago and never got her refund because Fashion Nova said that they never received her package. So I got tracking and insurance on my package if I remember correctly. I even took a photo of my receipt in case I lose it. I waited and waited and waited for an e-credit but nothing. So I decided to contact customer service and emailed them about my situation along with the photo of my receipt. The only thing they sent me (and probably everyone else (was that because they were moving to a new warehouse that the orders will be delayed or something along those lines) I NEVER received a personalized email for the refund. My refunded items were worth at least $30...that I will NEVER get back. If you are reading this Fashion Nova is there any way that you could help me get my refund?! For your reference I sent back the items on November 21st 2018.

cassp2
4/9/19

I bought two pairs of jeans from Fashion nova, both in a size 7 (AUS size 10). When they arrived the first pair I tried on fit great!!! The second however fit terribly, like they were made for a size 2 (AUS size 6). Shipping anything back to America from Australia basically costs the cost of the item, and to just receive store credit for it isn't even worth it :/

ashleyb485
3/30/19

I ordered some pants and blazers online returned them and they told me I can only get store credit. I originally paid for the items through paypal now I can not get any of the money i spent back because they only send gift cards -.-. BEWARE!

ronnier38
3/22/19

Okay so fashion nova sells fast fashion - not the best quality - not the worst - but what is annoying about this company is their poor customer service - TWICE they sent me the wrong item - the first time I was paying to return some stuff - you have to pay for shipping to return anything - the second time I didnt ask for the wrong item to be sent to me - they say OH we will reimburse you - well you didnt send me the right item - they will not send it to you UNTIL you send the wrong item back - so you will be out postal and hopefully get reimbursed for shipping - not guaranteed but hopefully you get it back - many times the wrong size was sent and other times the quality was just horrible. I order size M in four different dresses and will get four different fits everything runs small and nothing washes well. so if are okay with Fast Fashion go for it - but dont expect good customer service or fine materials - they just dont offer it.

camib4
2/14/19

This company is successful with marketing but the customer service is poor. The clothes are not the greatest quality although I have found a few cute pieces. However, if you must return anything it will cost you. There is no way to call and get a hold of a Representative if there is an issue and if you email they never know the answers to any questions and send you in an endless circle. I just recently ordered something on January 31 and it is now February 14 and it has not arrived and there is no update on the status of the package! I emailed 3 times in the past few days and they don't know where the package is.

gracep77
2/1/19

I ordered a dress. It looks like in the photo, but the material was quite cheap. I don't like such quality

vanap
1/22/19

When they send mis-sewn, damaged or defective items the buyer only has TWO DAYS after delivery to report it then the buyer is responsible for all associated costs--including return shipping. So they slack in quality control because they dont assume any responsibility for it. And they dont insure refunds for anything ever. buyer beware

adriannaf2
12/24/18
• Updated review

I wrote a review for them before. I loved their clothes and shipping I could deal with which was usually 10 business days. I'm in Canada so that was expected. But this last order was my largest one yet. $600USD I spent on fashion nova and converted to CAD it is about $800. When my clothes arrived I probably ordered 20 items and was missing 8 of those items. I emailed them and no response for 2 weeks. THANK THE LORD i paid with paypal cause I opened a dispute with them saying that I am missing $275USD worth of product. Paypal gave fashion nova another 2 weeks to comment on my claim and they decided to give no response. Paypals response to that was to give me a FULL refund. $600USD back into my account just like that. I am not discouraging you to purchase from fashion nova. I love their clothes and will continue to purchase. I made countless purchases from them in the past with few problems. But set up a paypal account cause when problems arise fashion nova doesnt want to hear it. All my small orders they do well but my larger orders they have a seizure. Not sure why. Their clothes live up to the hype. What I hated was they didnt even acknowledge they werent sending out 8 of my items. no email, no gift card in delivered box, no email, not even a store credit. Nothing. They acted like everything was peachy. Like I said, I will still order because at this point I know I like their clothes and have been ordering for years with hardly any issues. Just order with paypal and you'll be fine.

“Amazing”
4/25/17
• Previous review

This is my first time ordering from fashion nova. The quality was amazing and i ordered on April 7th then got my items April 17th. Not bad. Also I live in Canada so I'm not exactly international. That might of been the reason why it was so easy for me

lingl14
12/18/18

I'm so disappointed with their customer service or lack there of. I've been ordering from them for a long time & have recently had an issue where they canceled my entire Black Friday order because it was delayed for too long. Even after emails from me saying I didn't want to cancel & still wait, they still cancelled. Now the whole purpose of me ordering multiple items that day was solely because it was a mega Black Friday sale & there were great deals. Fashion Nova not only didn't respond to my messages but didn't even acknowledge this at all. They didn't say that it was because items were out of stock or anything, simply that the shipment was delayed. I still wanted my items that were 40% off! I would have waited! Everything I've ever ordered I loved, so this is so sad to me, I'm so disappointed that I will not be ordering from them again :(

ms475
12/16/18

I emailed FN about an item I didn't receive. Instead of a response they just refunded me my money with no explanation. On another occasion same issue, I pretty much got an email stating not to keep emailing them that my stuff was coming. Mind you, I only emailed once. Now that they have gotten really popular they don't value their customers. Very rude!

megang120
12/11/18

I bought one item last Wednesday. ONE ITEM. I even payed for 2-day shipping. I am going on day 4 waiting for my ONE ITEM to arrive. I can't complain too much since other people have been waiting for a month for theirs, but still. How is a first-time customer, like me, going to want to continue buying from them when a package can't even get here on time. My heart is a bit crushed because I had been following them on Instagram for a year up until last night. I had been dreaming of wearing their items for a YEAR. When I finally have money it doesn't even come on time. I can't complain too much because of other people that are waiting longer than me for their package, BUT STILL.

shayn8
11/30/18

I bought from them before, a few orders, they were fast and got here within a week! But my last order was missing a shirt and I have yet to get my refund, and one of my orders have been confirmed then a week later delayed! What's makes me even more livid is that my baby brother ordered his stuff days after me and got it a week ago! How much bull$#*!! And no one will tell me anything or get back to me on anything.

lizas19
11/15/18

Super cute stuff but they have ALWAYS come late! The last order was for Halloween, ordered it 2wks before Halloween and go it 3wks AFTER. It said the order could be cancelled and I did, it said it was cancelled w/ a refund and they still sent it AND charged me.

vanessah101
11/4/18

I placed an order with this company and I have not received it yet. The USPS has lost my package I have emailed the letter to fashion nova from the USPS stating that they have lost my package. O have called and email this company. I either need a refund or just replace my order with something else that I can order. HELP!!!

lutakomem
10/26/18

well i heard about this site from a co worker and decided to place and order .well well ,i placed an order on the 12/10/18 but i have not seen any updates on my package when it will be shipped.am so disappointed because ,i was planning to shop again once i recieve my first order but well i guess its not happening any more.

joysg
10/26/18

My first time ordering FN was last year in 2017. I ordered a pair of shoes and received them within 2-4 days.. however they WERE NOT TRUE TO SIZE soo that was a waste of money! I decided to give them another try because my best friend said they had a good selection of jeans! I'm prettty curvy so it's hard to find good jeans. I placed my order on October 21st for an event that I have to attend on October 27. I have yet to receive a tracking number or an update on where my order is! I am very upset because now i'll Have to spend more money just purchase a new outfit from another store!! I recent Found out yesterday that they were moving warehouses WHICH WAS NOT ON THE WEBSITE WHEN I ORDERED MY CLOTHES! Had it been there i wouldve Ordered everything from PLT!

I received $99.00 but I originally paid $148.74 so I don't even feel like wasting my time with them anymore. Yes its my money & I'm disappointed but even if I got what I paid for, I still woudn't order from them ever again. Its pointless. They only care about celebrities, they dont care about people who don't have 100k+ followers on social media. They can kiss my ass.

By Tais M.

If you order there is a chance you may never get it. My advice is don't order from them because 85% of the reviews are bad. I never saw the reviews before I ordered I wish I would have now!

By Latoya A.

Out of the six times I ordered from fashionova I received my items four times the two times my order never arrived I received no assistance from them but a vague response and no follow up when I e mailed back. They offer no refund or assistance at all when trying to locate a package you will have to work with your bank in order to get some resolve, pathetic company who only ensures celebs are getting items delivered and satisfied while everyone else they treat as peons who they can care less about. if your not insta famous they don't ensure a smooth customer experience for you and you will soon be left disappointed. Great merch but not worth the frustration.

By Jessie D.

I placed an order on cyber Monday, it's now Dec. 8th and I have not received my items. Not my items or a tracking number but they sure took my money!! I just want my money back at this point.

By Jocquetta L.

do not order from them - i placed my order on april 12th for $287 USD tracking number does not work and they refuse to answer my emails

By Gaelle M.

FN website it states, "If your tracking information states that your package was delivered and you have not received it. You must address this with the United States Postal Service. Fashion Nova does not hold responsibility for packages that state to be delivered. We do not issue refund for packages that state being delivered."

By valerie g.

Same... placed 2 orders for my vacation. The 25th and 30th of Nov. Needed the dress for my birthday weekend away. I got one dress when I came back and the other one is being delivered today. Just terrible. Bad customer service. Can't reach nobody by phone. All emails I recieved were automatic responses. Not personalized at all

By Iesha J.

The same thing happened to me, I never received my items because after they took my money they realized that the items Ive ordered were no longer in stock. They sent me a cyber gift card. The website clearly states that the gift cards will be sent when a returned is made but if I never received the items why cant I get my money back. Im reporting them to the Better Business Bureau

By Denise w.

5-7 days...maybe even 14 days. They lie about 2 day

By Aubriana S.

don't waste ur time its better u go get a dress from another store, cuz you won't be receiving your dress on saturday, i oredered 23 pieces of cloth from them and am yet to receive none for the past six days

By sukurat a.
Questions? Get answers from the FashionNova staff and other customers.

FashionNova?