Review of Dot & Bo

press@dotandbo.com

124 reviews with 1 star

jessicaj252
3/10/19

I received an email that my order has arrived. Went to front door ... nope. Reread email, it was send to the wrong address. Attempted to contact company and there is NO phone number. No phone support. And responses take 2-3 days. First response acknowledged they sent to wrong address. That was two days ago - no contact as to how they will fix this. I have to go through credit company to get refund. Terrible company.

gabbyn4
1/26/19

The worst company we have aver used. We placed an a month ago, heard nothing from them. Emails sent unanswered, the phone number they provide 844-707-7779 no answers.

WE ARE BEGINING TO THINK THIS IS A FRAUDULENT, DO NOT USE THEM.

williamt314
12/26/18

I placed an order at Dot&Bo 11/28, and until now 12/26 I've not get my sofa yet. Once I placed my order I was told the delivery was included, I reached them out to inform that my condominium requires Insurance to delivery, now they want me to charge for the Certificate of Insurance, and to not return any of my messages. I do have the transportation company sending me emails saying that I have no option, or I pay the COI or pick up the sofa myself. They do not have customer service phone, you have to send email and wait 3,4 or even 5 days to get some unhelpful responses.
If I knew I would had not place any order, stay away from them.

gianniss2
11/28/18

They hide their return policy so that it is not readily available to shoppers. Then fail to stand behind the products they sell. Purchased a vanity that was not immediately installed. The vanity was defective and leaked between the sink and the counter top. Dot and Bo referenced their hard to find 14 day return policy as to why they were unable to assist me in repairing or replacing the vanity. They are aware of their horrible customer service so they don't allow phone calls to resolve issues, must do everything through email.

gregh295
10/17/18

Product received did not match photos on website at all. Brass fittings pictured were cheap plastic and bright blue on actual product received. Other product functioned but was such extremely poor quality that it had to be manipulated to get the batteries in the product. Remote doesn't work if you are more than a one foot away from the product - so why have a remote?

barabarc
9/16/18

Bad products. No service. Stan away. I wished I had seen the reviews. Bad bad bad its an ugly procduct. They know it and make it impossible to return.

rosannam5
8/23/18

While they have seemingly lovely products. Dot & Bo is a terrible company that nobody should ever shop from. Customer Service does not exist for this company. The only way to get assistance is via email and they do not respond to emails. I emailed them at least 20 times over the course of a few weeks and only ever received automated responses saying they would reach out in 1-2 business days. You're $#*! out of luck if anything is wrong with your delivery or items. Shopping at Dot & Bo is a total hassle and an absolute risk. DON'T DO IT!!!

karync16
8/15/18

I bought the garden tiered table top fountain which, according to the ad was marked down from 100 some dollars to 26 dollars. I did not expect to get a plastic fountain I could get at the dollar store. The base of the fountain was uneven and the candles sit askew. I have gerry rigged it to be aesthetic but it is not worth even the 26 dollars, more like 5. I am disappointed because their catalogue looks like it has nice things but I am reluctant to order anything else from this sight.

alicel118
7/30/18

Dot & Bo have the worst customer service anywhere, know nothing about what they offer to sell, do not ever check their offers to see if the description even matches the item! I ordered an art piece, received a triptych instead of the one piece item that was described....and now they want another $100 in order for me to receive what I originally ordered. They blame the supplier. Well, my contract (and that is what it is when an offer is made and I accept that offer) is with Dot & Bo, not with their supplier. 16 or so emails later, they refuse to make this right. Believe me, this company is not worth your effort, and certainly not worth receiving anyone's money.

davidh1152
6/10/18

Nowadays I kind of assume all these sites are the same, but that was a bad assumption. If you are 100% certain you know what you want and will not return the item, or exchange it or anything like this, then Id maybe order from here...but who can say that this day and age from an online only retailer. So Id urge you to go with Wayfair, overstock, target online, or a place like that, even if youre paying a few dollars extra. Trust me, its worth it for things that might go wrong and for a better customer service experience, because Dot & Bo is lacking in that area too. Just know what youre getting and not getting with these guys. I, for one, wont ever order from them again.

brucee42
1/13/18

I wouldn't order from these guys. If things don't go perfect with your order, you will have a nightmare getting it fixed,

jeffa87
12/21/17

I've been getting emails from Dot & Bo for a couple of years now. I finally decided to give them a try. What a terrible mistake!
I placed an order on December 9, 2017. This is when i learned Dot & Bo was really Opensky. One would think an in stock item ordered on 12/9 would be a no brainer for Christmas ("ships in one day, usually arrives four days later"). On 12/12 I received a notification that the shipping label had been created. What, exactly, is the benefit of this?
In the early evening on 12/16, I wrote their "Customer Love" dept. asking for a refund, as the item hadn't yet shipped and they ignored my previous emails. At 12:20 A.M. on Monday, the 18th, I received a notice that the item has shipped and should arrive on 12/26 or later. The "Customer Love" rep. wrote me during the day on the 18th telling me since the item has been shipped, there's nothing they can do.
I have emailed them asking for them to contact the post office and change the shipping to an expedited method (yes, this can be done by the shipper). It is now the 21st and all of my emails are being ignored.
I wish I had read the reviews before placing my order. I am only being ripped off for about $35.00. I feel sorry for the person who places an order for a couple of hundred dollars.

jenniferc313
11/15/17

Their website puts you into an endless loop. They advertise 'Shop worry free! If youre not 100% happy with your purchase, you can exchange or return this item within 14 days of receiving it.'

I purchased a coffee table and side table and the color and the appearance is different than online photos. The only reply I've received is that I have to pay for my own shipping which for the side table is more than the cost of the side table!!!

I cannot find a phone number nor get a good reply on what to do next ... horrible customer service and false advertising. Will not ever shop here again and will not recommend.

kellyd121
10/27/17

Ive tried to Unsubscribe half a dozen times via the link at the bottom of their emails (that I do NOT recall signing up for in the first place) and all it does is redirect me to a page instructing me to create an account with them! They email me every day and its completely unsolicited. As I understand it, this does NOT meet the requirements of the CAN-SPAM Act and is, therefore, against the law. I will be escalating this in the form of a formal complaint filed with the Federal Trade Commission.

mrs273
10/9/17

DESIGN IN THE TRADE.
I DIRECTLY ASKED IF ITEMS WERE IN STOCK. THEY SAID YES.
IT HAS NOW BEEN 6DAY WITH NO CONFIRMED UPS TACKING #. AND NOW THEY SAY ITS COMING FROM CHINA AND WILL TAKE 4 WEEKS. THAT IT CALL **** NOT IN STOCK ****
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT ORDER FROM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

clayc18
9/7/17

In reading the other reviews, it appears we were all victims of timing and the SCAMMING of consumers by Dot and Bo as they obviously knew they were going out of business. But like many here, I placed an order in August for $1100 worth of chairs. 5 weeks later neither my items NOR a refund for my items placed has been received. YET, they still operate a functional website as if all is good and they are open for business. FRAUD. They have NO customer service phone number to call. You are at the mercy of their email "support" team and they just keep telling me (for 5 weeks now) that my items are in transit and I cannot cancel the order. I have disputed the charge with my bank, filed a BBB complaint and an FTC complaint. Unfortunately, this is about all the recourse you have a consumer of these jerks. At a minimum, their website should be CLOSED DOWN versus continuing to promote merchandise.

collv
9/7/17

Don't ever get on their email list as you CAN'T get off! I unsubscribe on a weekly basis. I would never buy anything from this company.

celiab13
8/7/17

I hate this store because I never asked for emails and it's impossible to unsubscribe. I am going to contact BBB and also small claims court for harassment through email. There's no way to speak to a person or a decent email contact. You suck

dalandam
7/22/17

Ordered rug, delivered with torn packaging & stain. Rug was 6 inches narrower than advertised. Order filled by second party, no phone only email, and I can not get them to address return. I filed claum with credit card but i will never shop with Dot & Bo

juliel112
5/12/17

I used to be happy with their products and purchased quite a lot. The quality has deteriorated significantly. My last two orders were the clinchers, though: a chrome stylized steer with horns head that didn't have the proportions of the picture and came with a scratch across its face, then sheets that were so badly sewn it looked like the maker didn't even understand how a pillowcase was hemmed or a sheet correctly edged. A battle ensued when I tried to return, as I didn't think I should have to pay postage BOTH ways for sheets that were horribly made. Finally got a return label from them, but I'm unsubscribing - no reason to get such a hassle when there are lots of excellent options out there!

tiaa2
2/23/17

I have never purchased from this company and, out of the blue, a few weeks ago, they started emailing me daily. I've tried multiple times to unsubscribe, have contacted customer service, tried messaging through Facebook, and no luck. Given this level of disregard and unprofessionalism by their customer service for something this simple I can only imagine what a miserable company they would be should anyone be so misguidedly obliged to purchase one of their products.

marilyns53
2/6/17

i went on line looking for a coat hook bar and found one on their website. Just by luck, before I placed the order (which, by the way, they had auto filled in my visa number) I googled to see if I could get a discount code and what popped up was that they are no longer in business. The FTC will be notified by me of this scam. Thank the Internet for saving me from losing my money.

noels25
1/7/17

I placed an order with Dot & Bo in September. Soon after, they filed bankruptcy and I lost hundreds of dollars and they never fulfilled my order. I then started receiving emails from them like they are back in business. I asked about my previous order and they said sorry, they are not fulfilling them due to the bankruptcy. They obviously had my email as a former customer and just started emailing me again like nothing happened. This company is horrible.

bethe27
11/22/16

Sorry to say this, because I really like their products and prices, but these guys aren't reliable. I purchased many times from their site hoping things would get better, because shoot I love their stuff! But fool me many times, shame on me! I've experienced it all, shipping delays, products arriving damaged, wrong items shipped etc etc. I don't think I've ever had one purchase from them without problems, and I've purchased several times! I no longer shop with Dot & Bo and I recommend you don't either.

gypsyt
11/19/16

I stupidly gave these BASTARDS $795. received nothing. and am now FIGHTING FOR MY MONEY BACK
here is the CEO's linked in >

and his twitter >

FURIOUS! I urge you all to report him to the ftc.gov and better business bureau

Hi Simona, Thanks for reaching out! We've located your email case and informed our Customer Relationships team. We will have a member of this team reach out ASAP to work with you on this. Very best, The Dot & Bo Team

By Service D., Dot & Bo Representative

Hi Jen! We understand that reading negative reviews may make you second guess ordering from us, but we have made several system improvements since last summer and work hard every day to make changes to ensure a more positive customer experience. We're here if you have any further questions or concerns!

By Service D., Dot & Bo Representative

Hi Suzan, Thanks for reaching out! Our Customer Relationships team is happy to look into this for you and can be reached directly here: www.dotandbo.com/contact Very best, The Dot & Bo Team

By Service D., Dot & Bo Representative

Hi Mary, Thanks for reaching out. We'd be happy to check in to your order! Please send a request through our online Help Center at: http://www.dotandbo.com/help and one of our Customer Relationships agents will get back to you as soon as possible!

By Service D., Dot & Bo Representative

Hi Melissa, Thanks for reaching out! I'm very sorry about the confusion around our our shipping charges. Hopefully my explanation can clarify this for you. The surcharge is in addition to the base shipping charge. Shipping surcharges are applied to furniture pieces that are heavy, large, or have angles that make them difficult to maneuver. Larger pieces are often heavier and take longer to move across the country, which means they cost more to ship. For future reference, you can see that information under the header "Shipping Policy" on the item's product page. You may see our base shipping charges by visiting our shipping page at the link below. http://www.dotandbo.com/shipping Please note that these are U.S. shipping charges for the 48 contiguous states. Dot & Bo currently charges an additional fee for packages shipped to Hawaii and Alaska. We're happy to help you navigate your way through our site or answer any other questions you may have, so please don't hesitate to reach out to us through our online help center at: http://www.dotandbo.com/help

By Service D., Dot & Bo Representative

Hi Phil, Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry for the trouble with your daughter's refund! I see that Laura had responded to your e-mail and corrected the issue with the refund. Your daughter's full refund was processed back to her card on March 8th. We're happy to help you navigate your way through our site or answer any other questions you may have, so please don't hesitate to reach out to us through our online help center at: http://www.dotandbo.com/help

By Service D., Dot & Bo Representative

Hi Judy, Thanks for reaching out! We're happy to help. Shipping surcharges are applied to furniture pieces that are heavy, large, or have angles that make them difficult to maneuver. The surcharge is in addition to the base shipping charge. Larger pieces are often heavier and take longer to move across the country, which means they cost more to ship. We hope this information is helpful! Cheers, The Dot & Bo Team

By Service D., Dot & Bo Representative

I called 800-693-9937, pressed 2 for "placing an order" and told the representative I had been trying unsuccessfully to "unsubscribe" to their website but was prevented by a pop up blocker screen. She did it for me immediately and I got an email confirmation within about 1 minute.

By kathy b.

Hi there, Thank you for reaching out. We are an online design shop headquartered in the heart of San Francisco. Thanks for your interest in Dot & Bo. Please feel free to contact us anytime for assistance or for inspiration at service@dotandbo.com! Kind Regards, Dot & Bo Community Management

By Service D., Dot & Bo Representative

Hi Dena! Thank you for taking the time out to share your concerns with us. If you'd like to provide us your order number at your earliest convenience, we're more than happy to check on the status of your order. In the meantime, we're happy to help share how our ordering system and shipping estimates work. When an order is placed online with us, payment is processed and your order is submitted. As we hand-pick special items from all over the world from different artists and designers, we coordinate shipping from a variety of locations. Each piece may ship separately and will have a unique shipping estimate (listed on the item's product page and in the order confirmation email). Once an item is ready to ship, you will receive a confirmation email and tracking number. You may also check on the status of your order at your My Account > My Orders page at any time. Some items may not show a shipping update until they're closer to their estimated shipping window, but rest assured, we are still working on your order. We hope this helps! Thanks for shopping with us at Dot & Bo and have a great rest of your day

By Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Dot & Bo staff and other customers.

16 Photos for Dot & Bo