This is just my opinion of a user of this website for about 2 weeks now. I have to say I was hooked right from the go and was very excited about this at first. After a short time I was very skeptical and curious as to the realness of this penny auction site. I in no way am saying it's not real, because I don't have any proof. What I am going to do for this review is list the areas that make me question how legit this site is, and you can make your own decision as to whether or not to use this site.
How site works: You buy bids 50 bids cost $37.50, and then you can use these bids to attempt to buy items in penny auctions.
The list below leaves me to question just how real this can be. You decide.
1. You buy bids in order to try to win items
2. These items sell for next to nothing versuses what they are worth.
3. They claim to offer a snag it now feature (buying something at retail price using the money used in bids), yet say they never have inventory of the item to allow that feature to be used. If this is the case how do they list the same stuff over and over without having inventory?
4. They never charge shipping yet you supposedly can win something for almost nothing. $0.32 for an ipod touch, how can they ship for that?
5. They auction off bid packages, why would they do this as this is the only way they are making money, off the bids. That is how you can say that it works, all the bids cost money. SO why give them away for next to nothing?
6. They offer at times what they call exclusive auctions, that so many people are needed to run it and it cost an entry fee of bids to enter. This sounds nice, but one of the exclusive auctions in which 15 people paid 10 bids each to enter, only sold for $0.34 and only a few people of the 15 bid on it? Why put bids up if you don't bid?
7. They do not require you to supply address and age verification at time of register. So age doesn't matter and address doesn't matter to a site that you are supposedly winning stuff to be sent to you?
8. This is a reach but you have to question some of the screen names, what would stop this company from having bots or themselves bidding on items to just waste people's bids? They don't care bids are free to them if this is the case.
9. They are always selling the same stuff over and over, nothing out of the norm, yet this site could sell anything?
10. I have known 5 people who have purchased bids and the only things that have been won is bid packages. This would explain that they don't care if you win bid packages because you truely can't win an actual item.
11. The draw to the site is that you see under the winners list all these people winning stuff dirt cheap, that draws you in and keeps you hooked. But how many of these are actual people and not a scamming bot or snaglo people. Sure you think that people are winning but how do we know.
12. They offer no way for you to know anything about other members. Like a communication section of any sort. This is minor but that would help curb the idea that these may not be real people all the time you are bidding against.
This is just things I have questioned for the last 2 weeks of actually using this site. I suggest being very cautious and be safe. It can hook you in.
I will say I did manage to win an auction, but I would still recommend just leaving these types of sites alone. You soak a ton of time and money to win.