If you are thinking about trying Snaglo.com........DON'T. It is a complete scam. If you try to get your money back you might as well whistle in the wind. I'm sure they have actomatic bidding. I try and try and try to win and I never win. I can sit at the computer for hours trying to get something and I am always outbid. When will I ever learn!!! I should have checked this site first, but I heard it recommended on TV and I trusted them..........HA !!! This site should be reported to the Better Business Bureau.
Well this site is a complete scam. If anyone remembers the other website centtree.com was advertised on tv not to long ago and if you try to go to it the website will not load. Why is this you ask, because they got busted and there website was removed form the internet!!!!!!!!!
I don't think snaglo is exactly a scam it's more like this. They make the price go up by 1 cent at a time. This is the key to their operation. They advertise a DSi XL retail 189.99 they want 12.00 shipping they start at a penny. The auction goes up to 20 dollars. At a penny each that's 2000 bids. if you do the math even if everyone who bid bought the large bid package making it .62 a bid they made $1240 yes ONE-THOUSAND AND FOURTY DOLLARS on that item. Now say you waisted 50 bids since they up the timer with every one you just spent 37.50 to win it for 20 to pay 12 for shipping total cost = $69.50 + tax makes you wanna go after Thanksgiving day sale shopping at 4 in the morning it would be much less irratating.
I really really really ABSOLUTELY HATE that there is no Search option!!!! Who really wants to go through every single page and see things they really don't care about? So sorry I ever wasted time creating my account. I'll stick with eBay! :)
I won a $100.00 gift certificate for Amazon. I had less than $5.00 stuck into it, including the bids. I did receive my gift certificate, and I did receive the books I ordered through Amazon with the gift certificate.
A total scam! You have to pay to bid...when there is a minute left and someone (or better yet snaglo) bids it adds another minute to the timer...when the timer finaly stops...it says 'Going' for about a minute givin more time to bid...the screen names are pretty much all the same! Thank god all I did was sign up for 3 free bids!! I did not pay any money for bids! If you wanna see for yourself do as I did.....just get the 3 free bids....do not pay! An you will see for yourself!!
My text is too long to fit here..
lousy timer malfunctions a lot and often whoever placed bid before malfunction wins it seems
The site is a complete scam and if your dumb enough to buy in to it you should be taken. If you do even a little research you can figure out for yourself that what they claim to sell an item for is not what you really pay, or what you pay for others to win. You are charged to buy bids, and then you use those bids but don't get them back when you lose. If you take what the item "sold" for and divide by how much the item went up by (2,4,6,12, of 24 cents), you see how many bids there were. Now take those bids and multiply by roughly .75 cents per bid, you really see how much those items sold for. It seems that most items sold for retail price or even higher.
I also won a $50 gift card a few weeks back and haven't received anything. Be VERY Weary of this website. Do your research and you will find that they have automatic bidder robots to boost the price.. its very scammy!
I heard this site advertised on the Howard Stern show, so I thought I'd check it out. My first impression was , "Wow, what a great idea, plus a chance to win items up to 95% off SRP...Great!
Once I learned the concept of the bidding system and how Snaglo makes $, I came to realize that it was no different than throwing away $ at a game of chance at a carnival. The bids are designed for suckers who fall into the trap that they can actually get something for nothing.
I purchased the lowest bid package ($37.50 - 50 bids) just to see if I was wrong, and began to bid on a DVD, a product that historically went to a bidder with only 3-4 bids max.. As soon as the timer got down to 3 secs left someone began to get into a bidding war with me. This went back and forth with me till I dumped approx $8.00, until I eventually stopped to let the other person win.
I honestly believe this site is running fraudulent activities by planting their own people on the site with 100's of free bids to drive up the price and take people $.
Eventually a network like 20/20 or Dateline will cover a story on them, which will expose them for their illegal activities...watch.
I've managed to win(?) 2 $50 gift cards about 2 weeks ago and have yet to recieve anything.
This is just my opinion of a user of this website for about 2 weeks now. I have to say I was hooked right from the go and was very excited about this at first. After a short time I was very skeptical and curious as to the realness of this penny auction site. I in no way am saying it's not real, because I don't have any proof. What I am going to do for this review is list the areas that make me question how legit this site is, and you can make your own decision as to whether or not to use this site.
How site works: You buy bids 50 bids cost $37.50, and then you can use these bids to attempt to buy items in penny auctions.
The list below leaves me to question just how real this can be. You decide.
1. You buy bids in order to try to win items
2. These items sell for next to nothing versuses what they are worth.
3. They claim to offer a snag it now feature (buying something at retail price using the money used in bids), yet say they never have inventory of the item to allow that feature to be used. If this is the case how do they list the same stuff over and over without having inventory?
4. They never charge shipping yet you supposedly can win something for almost nothing. $0.32 for an ipod touch, how can they ship for that?
5. They auction off bid packages, why would they do this as this is the only way they are making money, off the bids. That is how you can say that it works, all the bids cost money. SO why give them away for next to nothing?
6. They offer at times what they call exclusive auctions, that so many people are needed to run it and it cost an entry fee of bids to enter. This sounds nice, but one of the exclusive auctions in which 15 people paid 10 bids each to enter, only sold for $0.34 and only a few people of the 15 bid on it? Why put bids up if you don't bid?
7. They do not require you to supply address and age verification at time of register. So age doesn't matter and address doesn't matter to a site that you are supposedly winning stuff to be sent to you?
8. This is a reach but you have to question some of the screen names, what would stop this company from having bots or themselves bidding on items to just waste people's bids? They don't care bids are free to them if this is the case.
9. They are always selling the same stuff over and over, nothing out of the norm, yet this site could sell anything?
10. I have known 5 people who have purchased bids and the only things that have been won is bid packages. This would explain that they don't care if you win bid packages because you truely can't win an actual item.
11. The draw to the site is that you see under the winners list all these people winning stuff dirt cheap, that draws you in and keeps you hooked. But how many of these are actual people and not a scamming bot or snaglo people. Sure you think that people are winning but how do we know.
12. They offer no way for you to know anything about other members. Like a communication section of any sort. This is minor but that would help curb the idea that these may not be real people all the time you are bidding against.
This is just things I have questioned for the last 2 weeks of actually using this site.I suggest being very cautious and be safe. It can hook you in.
I will say I did manage to win an auction, but I would still recommend just leaving these types of sites alone. You soak a ton of time and money to win.
Customer Questions & Answers
Votes Thanks for voting!
Has anyone had a good or bad experiance with this auction site? Anyone think the have "bots" working the hi-dollar auctions?
Did You Find This Page Useful?
Business owners: What’s your side of the story?
Manage your business