Craigslist, Inc. reviews

craig@craigslist.org
2018 Customer choice award

joeb650
4/11/19

JUST WANNA WARN ANYONE LOOKING ON CRIAGSLIST FOR CONTUSION JOB !!! A BLACK MALE GOES BY BRUCE ROSS HAS A AD FOR HELPER REMODELING!!! WORKS IN BHAM AREA HE WILL NOT PAY YOU I WORKED MY SSS OFF GOT JOB GE NEED DONE AN SKIPED OUT ON PAYING ME DONT BE LIKE ME !! 12 hrs OF FLOOR WORK AN HE SKIOS OUT ON U !!! WARNING,,,,BRUCE ROSS CONSTUSTION IN BHAM AREA

sebastionl
4/1/19

If your listing is flagged for removal, realize that the process is not monitored. It is totally at the whim of the posting readers. They may be in a bad mood, or have a competing listing, or just be jerks. Next, you find the forum for "help" on why the listing was flagged, as there is no support from CL. Well, this forum is "staffed" by volunteers who apparently can only find self relevance by bashing people, down to calling the product they tried to list as junk or trash. They often have canned responses accusing the flagged person as being a business of a flipper, with absolutely no indication of such in the posting. Very soon you can imagine their lives, in the lonely basement, and you decide to go to a real selling site.

christinaw164
2/28/19

Get off this site I don't believe nobody on this site plz don't wire no money to no one its a set up I dont care how good the deal sound don't do it tryna help u ppl up here even use Jesus in thier sales lying on God name to steal money just find what ever u want or need else where thank me later!

bubbaf1
2/26/19

CL: Communist List. I've used this site for years off & on, as I can't stand them for very long as they are so DISHONEST. They censor postings even before they are posted, but make you think that they were posted, even just items for sale, particularly if you also post on politics. If you are put in on a list of their Conservative members, they hike their legs and pee on you constantly. A neoliberal post goes up in 10-15 minutes max. A conservative's post does NOT go up (if at all) until between 2-3 hours! You can comment on any conservative figure in anyway, but certain Neoliberal are completely OFF limits, particularly if mention they're being Gay, as in Obama & Michael (Mitchell). I've come to the conclusion that CL was set up by Communist Gays in SF-CA to mess with your head, waste your valuable time & piss you off. It's basically where Society's Dregs, uneducated, psychopaths, Zealots, Scum, lunatics, LIARs and the stupid indoctrinated (not educated) morons, which we collectively call Demonic-Rats, which have NOT yet learned the Difference between Reality & Propaganda (which they've been fed since the were babies) hang out. Normal people do not need this Crap. Don't waste your time!

brett11
2/26/19

Every piece of satire I have written was rejected by, I assume, the moderators. Nothing like having your voice deemed unsuitable. I'm pretty sure they don't take the time to really uunderstand where I'm coming from. I'm an averagely intelligent person who just so happens to have a very dry sense of humor that requires some thinking to understand. I say if you don't want prople's opinions, don't run a forum for them. I'm also confused at how most of the posts that make it are hateful and overtly racist, when mine are harmless in comparison. I know they have a flagging system but my posts are removed before they ever appear on the site.

I have found jobs here and sold stuff so I guess there is some value but it is outweighed by the feeling I get when my voice is squashed.

lillys17
2/19/19

My experience was a waste of time. Lots of scammers people wanting you to wire money without meeting them or viewing the property. It was a joke. Any smart person does not just blindly wire funds to people on the internet.

patriciaa234
1/24/19

I announced a car and yesterday I was robbed. Thieves are using cragslist to steal people
Was terrible . I lost a car. That car was my saving.

rudolphr16
1/15/19

Carpenter Gary Greenwald does good work at affordable prices. The work this man does is like a masterpiece.

michaela695
1/13/19

I gave them one star because it was the lowest I could go. They installed an a/c in my home. The compressor will not turn off so I have to turn off the unit when the room gets cool enough and turn on the unit when the room gets warm. It was not working properly and I called them to fix the problem. They came, did not verify the problem, just tested the thermostat said it was working properly and wanted to charge me $99 for a house call. I refused to pay and they left without ever testing the unit. I called them to say that the compressor will not turn off but they refuse to come to fix the unit. They refuse to honor the warranty!

jm578
1/1/19

The site itself is great. But I honestly have never had any luck w anything over years and years of using it. I honestly have not used it in about 2 years at all. There has got to be a better way of handling the use. There is more BOGUS postings than real postings. Say people send a reply to a posting and if the poster does not reply, you take down their posts.
There is alot of fake posts on this site. Honestly I have had more trouble w your posts on your site than actually anything else in the world. That is why I hadnt used it in a while. I tried to again and still same thing. So many scams and crimes everything else.. Craigslist... more like CRAIGDONT...

ibrahimovitchk
12/21/18

When I tried all Available spy apps but didn't get desired result I had to hire a competent and reliable mobile phone hacker.
Solidarity Hacker (AT) GMAIL.COM
This hacker delivered access link to a secured platform where I was able to view all the communication activities on my cheating partner's mobile phone including but not limited to phone call logs history and its audio recording , WhatsApp Facebook messenger Snapchat Instagram Viber kik and all other Apps located and operating on my partner's mobile device. Use a reliable , trusted and user friendly platform from the competent hacker.
Solidarity Hacker AT GMAIL.COM

brandonm98
11/15/18

I've used CL to buy and sell plenty of items at this point. Most people are very flaky, a moderate amount people are decently dependable, and a select few know how make smooth exchanges of goods online. Kind of just the way she roles, but it would be nice if people were taking it more seriously rather than just window shop a lot of the time.

I've browsed for houses to rent a few times and it never seems to work out. Could just be my area though... Housing is tight.
It's important to note that there's a small amount of scams in the housing section*

I've used this website to look for jobs as well and a lot of posts seem to be written without much information or just unprofessionally. The ones that look and sound more professional / informative and articulate are the ones worth looking into of course. And are usually the ones that will get back to you. However, I would recommend using a website like Glassdoor or Indeed for job searches.

Overall, I would say it can be useful. But most of the time it's not.

doloresa22
11/9/18

Got a lawnmower from a guy in my county, no troubles at all, showed on time and the product was used as shown in pictures and in working condition! And the price was right!
Good alternative to lowes or amazon imho.

fritzt10
11/1/18

On October 3, 2018 I tried to buy tickets for a Elton John concert. After being told by text message from the person I was trying to buy tickets from, that I had been scammed, I reached out to craigslist. I tried to call craigslist and all I got was a recorded line telling me to report the scam by email, and so I did! I never received a return email or a phone call from craigslist and also noticed they never removed the scammers listing! I looked up some information on line about craigslist and found that for the year 2016 they had $694 million in revenue and had only 50 employees in 2017! No wonder why they allow scammers to prey on their website! Unless I receive satisfaction from craigslist, I will never use them again!
Fritz Tobrocke

jenniferr429
10/30/18

besides Amazon and Facebook to find what I need. Easy to use and always on time. But you do have to be careful with some of the items in the list. Knowing what's fraud and what's not will help you dearly.

markb1026
10/25/18

I recently bought a truck from Iron Horse Auto Group and was misled as to the condition of the truck. It will cost me $1,500 .00 to put the truck in the condition described to me. They finally gave me a $500.00 refund, but that leaves me $1,000.00 short. Paid $6,600.00 for the truck so the $1,500.00 is quite a high percentage off the mark. I'm a 70 year old disabled retired person. Not Fair ! Beware of them.

rhondab130
10/22/18

These 2 are fraudulent they broke my big screen tv didn't move all of my stuff . Stack my storage unit wrong . I paid $380.00 to these people saying they were young college kids and they are fake

marks1109
9/25/18

Where to begin. This is one of those 'classic' brands. Say 'craigslist' and we think of when the 'net was "new and cool" and all that. Like the classified in the weekly, browsing it all day for a used car. Come 1996 and whoa, it's online! Cool!

So that part, is where I give the 1 star. But since then, and maybe "off the normal usage" of it, I explored the forums. Many drunken a nights, or one too many lonely nights after a woman letdown. I wish it was "that way". Where, you could actually meet "a friend", and we never run into those people who only rate down or reply all cocky and trying to be edgy and cocky and hard and cool.

dennisc233
9/17/18

Craigslist is a huge haven for thieves, scams and crooks. I tried to purchase several different cargo trailers but each time it ended in an attempted scam. Once you have given your personal information and shipping address and acknowledge that you wish to purchase the trailer, car, etc, you will receive a reply email stating that you will receive an eBay Buyer Protection agreement. It will state in the agreement that you must pay the purchase price only in ecards and that the price is non-negotiable. The agreement also states ecard amounts will be deposited into an escrow account until you have approved and accepted the item within 7 days of delivery. FIRST LIE...ebay has no affiliation at all with Craigslist, SECOND LIE..ebay does not have an escrow account ,THIRD LIE eBay does not have a secure warehouse where the item is being held until delivery within 3 days of purchase. FOURTH LIEeBay does not provide handling and shipping of any items. Most people in this scam will tell you they have just gone through a divorce, shipping out in the military within 2 weeks, or only used the item a few times. BUYER BEWARE !!!! RULES TO FOLLOW WITH CRAIGSLIST. 1. Always buy local with only the seller. 2. Never send money or any form of payment before the transaction. 3. Anything with eBay has NOTHING to do with Craigslist.

evah52
9/15/18

I been using Craigslist for many many years to post ads for employment needs as a home care provider/caregiver. Last month everything seemed to be ok I did notice they charge now so I "thought" I found a site that do not charge that I can post for free for a little over than a month than, READ ONRecently I said to myself, I need to repost my private senior care provider ad on craigslist again, but this time its all different, the day I post 3 differ cities, within couple of hours, it all been flagged and removed and there is no number I can call and speak to an alive person. I NEVER have anything that is NOT proper on my personal ad, don't know why they or he or she flagged me and remove me for? I am tired of this trash site. For anyone out there, if you need to post free ads, there are a lot more site out there that is FREE, you just need to take the time to look for.Do NOT use this site, something is very wrong with the new craigslist site, they are no longer helping the citizen that can't afford to pay for just out for $$$$.

kimg207
9/7/18

This remodel was the worst experience ever. We have a very large bathroom and we were quoted $50K and told that it would take 8 weeks but it took over 8 mths. At the beginning of this project we felt so much pressure to buy a long list of things they needed so that the project wasn't delayed. How were we suppose to do that when all we had was a layout and no measurements? Some of the delay with this project was due to the city inspector but ultimately their contractors were fixing errors or redoing things that weren't done right. The first thing we were told is that a portion of a load bearing wall would need to be moved. They sent me the change order and said that it would cost $7,000. The first thing I asked is what is the $7,000 for? I was told not to worry that I'd receive a detailed receipt. What they sent me was vague and didn't detail anything. I never should've signed that change order without the detailed breakdown in my hands first. So they used Simpson Strong-Tie hardware which is great but we told them that my husband and I work for Simpson and that we could provide the hardware that was needed. They claim they were never told this. I complained and was told that Treeium didn't buy any product from Simpson. This might be true if they already had the parts they needed but that doesn't mean that those costs didn't trickle down to us. Another thing that was added to the change order was replacement of the subfloor in the shower. We had already done the demo for the shower and it was clear when they saw the project that the subfloor would need to be replaced so to add this to the change order is ridiculous. They replaced clear block tile with a window in the shower but the window was too big thus half of it was in the shower and half out. They replaced the window but unfortunately the finish didn't match the other large window that they installed over the tub so they had to replace it yet again. We noticed the supply line for the toilet was about 10" away from the toilet so it was an eye sore. I asked them about it and they said, "That is what the inspector advised us to do and we can't change it." I called the inspector the next day and he said, "I don't have a change order but I have no problem if you want it moved." One concern before even starting the project was whether the exterior stucco/paint would match where they put in the windows. They told us that they paint the whole wall so there's no worry about a paint match. Well because that wasn't written in the contract they claim that they never told us that. The tub grout started to fail within the first week and we ended up with 6 extra boxes of floor tile. They did credit our bill for the extra floor tile. When I tried to use the tub the first time there was a problem with the water pressure. They ultimately fixed that but when I tried to use the shower the first time there was no cold water so it was scalding hot. Apparently there was a part in the valve that was broken or that they broke. A replacement part was bought and they still couldn't get it to work. The 2nd Project Mgr (I was told the first one no longer worked there) called me and told me it wasn't working and asked if he could go buy another shower valve similar to the one we bought. I said, "That is fine but we won't accept a cheap replacement". He assured me it would be good quality. I got home to find that they had to remove two of the tiles from the shower (which I knew nothing about) but the part they bought was a cheap $100 replacement and what we bought was almost $300 so we were not happy. They installed the plumbing for the vanity before the vanity even arrived which meant that the installation was difficult. According to the contractors doing the work they told us, "You guys bought the wrong size vanity"." No one ever told us what size vanity to buy. The problem was that they put the plumbing in before they even knew what we purchased. They cut sloppy holes in the shelves of the vanity to accommodate the plumbing and have since fixed this by making new shelves but I've lost most of my space on the bottom shelf. The silicone they put around the toilet came off after about 7-10 days and they grouted around the tub when that should've really been silicone. They ultimately did install silicone around the tub but they also put it in the shower. We never asked for silicone in the shower and it looks sloppy. They also countersunk the tub and that wasn't how it was designed to be installed. We had an existing pocket door that just needed a new latch on it which they installed but now it's off track and scratching the paint on both sides. The only thing they are good at is reminding customers that a payment is due. I would not recommend Treeium to my worst enemy!

lisac636
8/28/18

I hired Rob the Handyman at your service. He was inept. He actually installed the storm door upside. He told me he would fix a screen and repeatedly didnt show up. Do not hire him.

christopherm349
8/4/18

DO NOT USE "INSURED! Kaity Cleaners Go Pro Move in/Move out Cleaning Specials (Brandon/Valrico/Tampa/St. Pete/Pasco) 8135258235 Letmecleanthat@gmail.com"
Do not use this cleaning service. I am an out-of-state homeowner who paid $215.00 for a house cleaning so a new tenant could move into my property. Kaity charged $85.00 an hour for two and half hours (two cleaners). They sent me "after" pictures and I paid via PayPal. My new tenant and rental agent both advised me that it looked as if no one came to the house and cleaned. They sent me a series of photos that were a little more revealing. There was physical dirt on the floors, in the fridge, and food on the stove and in the oven. I asked for her to go over and clean the missed areas. She originally said she would go over and then changed her mind. In her response to me, she informed me that I should have come over the house to check the work or paid me by check (apparently, since I paid by PayPal, I had no leverage to get her to stand by her work).
Final note: I am not talking about being a nitpicker about the dirt, the pictures I was sent were not only obvious, they were disgustingly large amounts of dirt (apparently previous tenant was not the cleanest person).

megm40
8/2/18

Used this site, all you get are scammers, bums, thieves and flakes. Many of the people are a waste of time. Tried to adopt a cat from some Asian girl out in the Seattle area and she decided to waste my time by saying she changed her mind, instead of sending a text, she wanted to tell me in person. Now that I think about it she was likely on something and couldn't text, she seemed like she wasn't all there anyway. Charged her $20 for wasting my time. Another time got a couple who were renting a room in Omaha Nebraska when I needed to rent a place while there on business and they kept changing the rent and bumming for money, and the woman was a nutcase, her boyfriend just did whatever she wanted him to do. I left within a month after the woman stole stuff out of my room. Reported them to the police for theft. If you try and sell stuff you get people wanting cheap and near free stuff, offering lowball prices or worst yet, they don't show. Get weird often stupid questions like they're coming from a little kid. Try to buy a service you'll get people who change the price last minute from the agreed upon price for the service.

Most people on Craigslist don't have real jobs, have mental issues, or addiction issues, or are simply bums and thieves and lie to get their way. I hate Craigslist, the people that use the site take my adds down via flagging, even though they don't violate anything. The site is useless. Use Offerup for buying and selling, much better place, or do it the old fashioned way, put flyers out in your local area. If wanting a place to rent, go to actual sites that specialize in rentals. AirBNB is a good site for short term rentals and vacation rentals. Craigslist is sketchy with a sketchy crowd. You use Craigslist at your own risk. The site should be shut down. Very few legit people use the site, though there are some legit people who use Craigslist, just not that many like on the other sites like AirBNB and Offerup. The legit people who do use the site treat you with suspicion because it's Craigslist which I understand but it makes it impossible to want to do any kind of business. Recommend using the local community hangouts and gathering places to post announcements or other community related stuff instead. If you want to adopt a pet go to a rescue or shelter, or use sites like PetFinder, and RescueMe or simply ask around in the community if someone is looking for a new home for their pet.

leet102
8/1/18

Francois Wood was amazing! Easy to find. Even worked with us after sale to make sure we were satisfied.

289 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

No, and DO NOT talk to the forum...trolls just waiting to attack anyone who is frustrated.

By Sebastion L.

All you can really do isjust "flag" the ad when you click on it. It gives you the ability to delete the posting. Nothing more. Craigslist gives no way's to post negative reviews. Unless you take the ad posting and info and post your own ad as the negative outcome or info. to pass on your experience. Lots of others are doing it as scam alerts or fraud alerts. Only remember that if you do, then the person whom your referring to also can "flag" your posting also.

By mike m.

I have posted many adds with craigslist my house, furniture and pets in the past. I am trying to post an dog now that showed up on here on the 4th of July. But all my adds get deleted use to love craigslist now I hate Craigslist. Big waste of my time every add I post gets deleted if I will selling cocaine I can understand craigslist use a funking little common sence. Don't call the customer service number thank you for calling Craigslist but there is no one here to help you. I have posted last add with Craiglist longer customer.

By sabre c.

In order to list items I first take the best pictures I can and take quite a few as you can post alot on listing. Then depending on item I'm listing I get dementions any and as much as I can. Now you need to create an account on Craigslist and no they change nothing for you to list or take a percentage of item sold unlike ebay. When you create your account you do have to provide a valid email but they only give it out if you check the box when posting that they can, Craigslist prefers you don't give out your own. They will make an email for you item and then forward it to you when someone inquires. When I checked emails regulary I would have them give my email out and had no problems until I had a box of misc items and then I received alot of sexual messages, so I never use my personal one anymore . I due have people text me ( there is a box you can mark if you'd prefer that method of contact) working the hours I do I've always used it since that option came out. I've never had any problems with a buyer calling or texting me. I've sold alot of items some were the same item just reposted it when I got more to sell. And I've always had people come to my house and never had any problems I did have one no show. 1) set up account it works for all the different areas. 2) It been along time but I believe they send you an email to verify it's valid 3) find area I want to post in Delaware, Milwaukee ect and if it's a large city you'll need to deside which area is closest to you 4) go to area you picked say Eastern Shore get on main page I mostly use smart phone top left is a menu touch it and you want to go to my account ( make sure if they sent verification email you verified it) 5) sign into your account I believe it gives you obtions of sell an item or my account, go to sell an item it will ask if you're the owner or I believe other is for mass selling. Then pick best category if it's a lawnmower go to garden ect. Now your making post it will give you options of default email which they recomend or the obtion of having them call or text you. Then you'll need to come up with a short popping post of course put in what your selling and any words that make it seem it's the best. Then give as much info as you can about item selling and make sure to be honest about it. There's an area that asks you who's manufacturer what's it's condition I usually skip that as it's in item description but it could help to sell it. Then theres a map so people know around where you are if you don't want them coming to your house put in zipcode of a town by you. Then it will have you upload pictures. Make sure the best one is uploaded first as that's the one that people see by your post and add the rest of pictures. Also at the beginning it will ask for a dollar amount for item. When pictures are done loading hit publish. Sometimes they send an email verifying post, but they will inform you they are. If they do make sure to go to email and verify it as item won't post till you do. Post will automatically delete after a month to 45 days it comes inactive first so you have option of reposting it. If you want to delete or modify posting sign into craiglist account and touch on my account and all your active and inactive posts are there touch on either delete post or edit. It's very simple and easy to do if you forget to fill in say asking price when you go to publish post it will tell you you something wasnt filled in. I know the government was trying to pass a law that we have to pay taxes on what we sell but I haven't done much selling on eBay or craiglist so I haven't checked if it passed It sounded like it wasn't going to. Hope this helps I am computer dumb and can post on here so most people should have no problems. Terri

By Terri S.

If you want support, go to a real site. Nothing but trolls at CL who prey on anyone asking for help in the forum.

By Sebastion L.

just set up another email account and your back on

By marla l.

Questions? Get answers from the Craigslist, Inc. staff and other customers.

4 Photos for Craigslist, Inc.

Craigslist, Inc.?