Craigslist, Inc. reviews

craig@craigslist.org
2018 Customer choice award

staro1
8/4/19

Beware of craisglist , there so many fake seller there who will offer you fake things but luckily i was able to recover back all I lose in craiglist . please beware, if anyone has similar issue

johnd2440
7/30/19

scammers, they stole my money, I called severally they didn't pick my calls and I sent them messages through email forty times they never respondedI paid about $2500.00 for house rent to the owner, just to find out it all a scam. I was lucky to recover it back through an agent I met through a friend, I got back $1000.00 out of my money, he promised to help with the balance. so if you are a victim like me, message him through this email( admin AT dellj4001ATgmailDOTcom )

thatg14
7/29/19

I don't know why there are so many bad reviews for Craigslist. I've used it for years and years, and I made a bunch of money and bought a bunch of really cool stuff for low dollar.
I haven't read all the reviews, but if you're getting ripped off for sending money, or accepting cashier's checks or any other type of payment other than currency you're a freaking moron. Most of the bad comments I read we're bad due to the ineptitude of the customer. If you think I'm full of crap, try using OfferUp or let-go. Unbelievably bad everything. Sure Craigslist has issues, but like I said, I've been doing this for years, and I have never had a serious problem. Stay away from letgo and especially, especially offerup.
the only reason I gave this review a four-star and not five, is because they're charging $5 to advertise a vehicle. I have sold, and purchased at least a dozen vehicles in the last six or seven years. Due to all the scams and rip-offs out there, you must watch your azz. You can't expect a company that does this volume of business to make sure YOU don't do something stupid.

thomasd359
7/28/19

I have bought and sold many things on craigslist. One really has to be on the lookout for scams because. If you are trying to sell a product or service then competitors will flag the hell out of your ads just so you get removed.

Let's face it though. It has a terrible interface. There are a lot of really strange people on there and it can be brutal to those who don't know what there doing. Yet, it is pretty much the only game in town as far as internet classifieds

evans347
7/27/19

I am five other people have been ripped off by somebody Chad Michael Bruns renting a house room in St Augustine. He claims there is a washer and dryer on-site as well as a stove oven range. This is a scam!he took my money personally and never put it towards rent the electricity went out and the internet went out while I was there in one month. I tried to contact Craigslist multiple times and they did not stop him from continuing to post. I have people after I have left their complaining because of my posts on Craigslist about him. Yes I am posting about somebody who ripped me off in the housing market apartments rented rooms. this is sad that Craigslist will not take care of the issue and will not do anything at all after 2 months now of me posting against a rip-off artist!

allisonp63
7/27/19

Ok so there's a lot about Craigslist I really love but first let's get the elephant out of the room... YES there are scammers and perverts. I've seen all kinds of ads there for roommates that I've signed up for that people never ever let me actually contact them and people thought I was a prostitute.

Basically if you're looking for a roommate you need to apply for as many ads as possible because up to 50% of them are going to be fake. But if you can find a genuine ad it's one of the best places to find a roommate. I have tried on several occasions to find roommates on Facebook and no one will reply. I don't enjoy Facebook for finding a roommate.

As far as rideshares go it's also great! I have a hard time getting around because I can't drive and I needed people to drive me to work. I don't have a job but I was willing to pay people for the ride and they said they'd do it for free. The woman I spoke to actually said I could be her roommate and that she'd drive me to work and to see my family. Yes people there thought I might be a prostitute but after I found the GOOD people I was very happy with the services offered by Craigslist. Never EVER been able to find someone to drive me around on Facebook.

I've never had a bad experience here. Just use common sense.

jacquelinef68
6/22/19

They Flagg all your ads and remove them so don't bother trying to post and ad here it's a big waste of time

clairep76
6/8/19

The room turned out to be an amazing new space in my home. Tim was great. He is very creative and came up with some interesting ideas. He came in time and completed the project pretty quickly. His pricing was very fair as well. We are very happy with his work. Would definitely recommend him!

johnw1666
6/4/19

It clearly says that I can rehome my puppies for a small fee but every time I make a post it's flagged before it even makes it onto Craigslist there are hundreds of posts of people who are rehoming their puppies for small fees and some very large fees I clearly qualify in the small rehoming fee category so I can understand why Craigslist doesn't want me to find homes for my puppies I am not a breeder I am a dog lover and all I want to do is fine good homes for these amazing animals but for some reason craigslist staff keeps flagging my posts three days straight do I need to pay y'all money or something because I'm okay with that as long as I find these dogs homes well they will be well taken care of which is my goal Craigslist the very last account that was flagged was account number 321914

bretm35
5/23/19

they have a activity section for perverted ads they accept posted but always flag my ads for no reason for seeking women. i wish the whole site could be removed since they accept dirty ads and soliciting ads. i notified the fbi

williams1247
5/20/19

At best, you'll be dealing with a 90's themed website (basically wall of text). At worst, you'll be parted with your money without receiving a product. It's a bulletin board without too much moderation or verification, which is good and bad.

The bad: anyone can pretty much post anything; rule 34 applies. The good: sometimes humans can be good. In short, you get what you pay for, which is not very much at all.

lolat19
5/11/19

B and C Northwest installed 5 rooms of carpeting in my home for $4100. After 3 years I noticed the seams were separating in two bedroom doorways. I called Biff to repair the seams beginning in October 2018. After 7 months of calling, texting and emailing, I am still waiting for the carpet to be repaired. I got many excuses and then no shows. I consider him to be neither dependable or reliable. I would NOT recommend this company for installation of flooring

lisam1000
4/29/19

I changed my 1 star to a 3
5 would be perfect or close to in my eyes.

I have some issues with this van and so on..
But the owners did buy back the van .
For that we are greatful to have that taken care of.

I know first hand how hard it is to have a business and hope the best for this family owned business .

Best wishes~

Tip for consumers: WILL NOT SHOP AT WOMACK AUTO SALES IN NORMAN OK EVER.

joeb650
4/11/19

JUST WANNA WARN ANYONE LOOKING ON CRIAGSLIST FOR CONTUSION JOB !!! A BLACK MALE GOES BY BRUCE ROSS HAS A AD FOR HELPER REMODELING!!! WORKS IN BHAM AREA HE WILL NOT PAY YOU I WORKED MY SSS OFF GOT JOB GE NEED DONE AN SKIPED OUT ON PAYING ME DONT BE LIKE ME !! 12 hrs OF FLOOR WORK AN HE SKIOS OUT ON U !!! WARNING,,,,BRUCE ROSS CONSTUSTION IN BHAM AREA

sebastionl
4/1/19

If your listing is flagged for removal, realize that the process is not monitored. It is totally at the whim of the posting readers. They may be in a bad mood, or have a competing listing, or just be jerks. Next, you find the forum for "help" on why the listing was flagged, as there is no support from CL. Well, this forum is "staffed" by volunteers who apparently can only find self relevance by bashing people, down to calling the product they tried to list as junk or trash. They often have canned responses accusing the flagged person as being a business of a flipper, with absolutely no indication of such in the posting. Very soon you can imagine their lives, in the lonely basement, and you decide to go to a real selling site.

christinaw164
2/28/19

Get off this site I don't believe nobody on this site plz don't wire no money to no one its a set up I dont care how good the deal sound don't do it tryna help u ppl up here even use Jesus in thier sales lying on God name to steal money just find what ever u want or need else where thank me later!

bubbaf1
2/26/19

CL: Communist List. I've used this site for years off & on, as I can't stand them for very long as they are so DISHONEST. They censor postings even before they are posted, but make you think that they were posted, even just items for sale, particularly if you also post on politics. If you are put in on a list of their Conservative members, they hike their legs and pee on you constantly. A neoliberal post goes up in 10-15 minutes max. A conservative's post does NOT go up (if at all) until between 2-3 hours! You can comment on any conservative figure in anyway, but certain Neoliberal are completely OFF limits, particularly if mention they're being Gay, as in Obama & Michael (Mitchell). I've come to the conclusion that CL was set up by Communist Gays in SF-CA to mess with your head, waste your valuable time & piss you off. It's basically where Society's Dregs, uneducated, psychopaths, Zealots, Scum, lunatics, LIARs and the stupid indoctrinated (not educated) morons, which we collectively call Demonic-Rats, which have NOT yet learned the Difference between Reality & Propaganda (which they've been fed since the were babies) hang out. Normal people do not need this Crap. Don't waste your time!

brett11
2/26/19

Every piece of satire I have written was rejected by, I assume, the moderators. Nothing like having your voice deemed unsuitable. I'm pretty sure they don't take the time to really uunderstand where I'm coming from. I'm an averagely intelligent person who just so happens to have a very dry sense of humor that requires some thinking to understand. I say if you don't want prople's opinions, don't run a forum for them. I'm also confused at how most of the posts that make it are hateful and overtly racist, when mine are harmless in comparison. I know they have a flagging system but my posts are removed before they ever appear on the site.

I have found jobs here and sold stuff so I guess there is some value but it is outweighed by the feeling I get when my voice is squashed.

lillys17
2/19/19

My experience was a waste of time. Lots of scammers people wanting you to wire money without meeting them or viewing the property. It was a joke. Any smart person does not just blindly wire funds to people on the internet.

patriciaa234
1/24/19

I announced a car and yesterday I was robbed. Thieves are using cragslist to steal people
Was terrible . I lost a car. That car was my saving.

rudolphr16
1/15/19

Carpenter Gary Greenwald does good work at affordable prices. The work this man does is like a masterpiece.

michaela695
1/13/19

I gave them one star because it was the lowest I could go. They installed an a/c in my home. The compressor will not turn off so I have to turn off the unit when the room gets cool enough and turn on the unit when the room gets warm. It was not working properly and I called them to fix the problem. They came, did not verify the problem, just tested the thermostat said it was working properly and wanted to charge me $99 for a house call. I refused to pay and they left without ever testing the unit. I called them to say that the compressor will not turn off but they refuse to come to fix the unit. They refuse to honor the warranty!

jm578
1/1/19

The site itself is great. But I honestly have never had any luck w anything over years and years of using it. I honestly have not used it in about 2 years at all. There has got to be a better way of handling the use. There is more BOGUS postings than real postings. Say people send a reply to a posting and if the poster does not reply, you take down their posts.
There is alot of fake posts on this site. Honestly I have had more trouble w your posts on your site than actually anything else in the world. That is why I hadnt used it in a while. I tried to again and still same thing. So many scams and crimes everything else.. Craigslist... more like CRAIGDONT...

ibrahimovitchk
12/21/18

When I tried all Available spy apps but didn't get desired result I had to hire a competent and reliable mobile phone hacker.
Solidarity Hacker (AT) GMAIL.COM
This hacker delivered access link to a secured platform where I was able to view all the communication activities on my cheating partner's mobile phone including but not limited to phone call logs history and its audio recording , WhatsApp Facebook messenger Snapchat Instagram Viber kik and all other Apps located and operating on my partner's mobile device. Use a reliable , trusted and user friendly platform from the competent hacker.
Solidarity Hacker AT GMAIL.COM

brandonm98
11/15/18

I've used CL to buy and sell plenty of items at this point. Most people are very flaky, a moderate amount people are decently dependable, and a select few know how make smooth exchanges of goods online. Kind of just the way she roles, but it would be nice if people were taking it more seriously rather than just window shop a lot of the time.

I've browsed for houses to rent a few times and it never seems to work out. Could just be my area though... Housing is tight.
It's important to note that there's a small amount of scams in the housing section*

I've used this website to look for jobs as well and a lot of posts seem to be written without much information or just unprofessionally. The ones that look and sound more professional / informative and articulate are the ones worth looking into of course. And are usually the ones that will get back to you. However, I would recommend using a website like Glassdoor or Indeed for job searches.

Overall, I would say it can be useful. But most of the time it's not.

289 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

No, and DO NOT talk to the forum...trolls just waiting to attack anyone who is frustrated.

By Sebastion L.

All you can really do isjust "flag" the ad when you click on it. It gives you the ability to delete the posting. Nothing more. Craigslist gives no way's to post negative reviews. Unless you take the ad posting and info and post your own ad as the negative outcome or info. to pass on your experience. Lots of others are doing it as scam alerts or fraud alerts. Only remember that if you do, then the person whom your referring to also can "flag" your posting also.

By mike m.

I have posted many adds with craigslist my house, furniture and pets in the past. I am trying to post an dog now that showed up on here on the 4th of July. But all my adds get deleted use to love craigslist now I hate Craigslist. Big waste of my time every add I post gets deleted if I will selling cocaine I can understand craigslist use a funking little common sence. Don't call the customer service number thank you for calling Craigslist but there is no one here to help you. I have posted last add with Craiglist longer customer.

By sabre c.

In order to list items I first take the best pictures I can and take quite a few as you can post alot on listing. Then depending on item I'm listing I get dementions any and as much as I can. Now you need to create an account on Craigslist and no they change nothing for you to list or take a percentage of item sold unlike ebay. When you create your account you do have to provide a valid email but they only give it out if you check the box when posting that they can, Craigslist prefers you don't give out your own. They will make an email for you item and then forward it to you when someone inquires. When I checked emails regulary I would have them give my email out and had no problems until I had a box of misc items and then I received alot of sexual messages, so I never use my personal one anymore . I due have people text me ( there is a box you can mark if you'd prefer that method of contact) working the hours I do I've always used it since that option came out. I've never had any problems with a buyer calling or texting me. I've sold alot of items some were the same item just reposted it when I got more to sell. And I've always had people come to my house and never had any problems I did have one no show. 1) set up account it works for all the different areas. 2) It been along time but I believe they send you an email to verify it's valid 3) find area I want to post in Delaware, Milwaukee ect and if it's a large city you'll need to deside which area is closest to you 4) go to area you picked say Eastern Shore get on main page I mostly use smart phone top left is a menu touch it and you want to go to my account ( make sure if they sent verification email you verified it) 5) sign into your account I believe it gives you obtions of sell an item or my account, go to sell an item it will ask if you're the owner or I believe other is for mass selling. Then pick best category if it's a lawnmower go to garden ect. Now your making post it will give you options of default email which they recomend or the obtion of having them call or text you. Then you'll need to come up with a short popping post of course put in what your selling and any words that make it seem it's the best. Then give as much info as you can about item selling and make sure to be honest about it. There's an area that asks you who's manufacturer what's it's condition I usually skip that as it's in item description but it could help to sell it. Then theres a map so people know around where you are if you don't want them coming to your house put in zipcode of a town by you. Then it will have you upload pictures. Make sure the best one is uploaded first as that's the one that people see by your post and add the rest of pictures. Also at the beginning it will ask for a dollar amount for item. When pictures are done loading hit publish. Sometimes they send an email verifying post, but they will inform you they are. If they do make sure to go to email and verify it as item won't post till you do. Post will automatically delete after a month to 45 days it comes inactive first so you have option of reposting it. If you want to delete or modify posting sign into craiglist account and touch on my account and all your active and inactive posts are there touch on either delete post or edit. It's very simple and easy to do if you forget to fill in say asking price when you go to publish post it will tell you you something wasnt filled in. I know the government was trying to pass a law that we have to pay taxes on what we sell but I haven't done much selling on eBay or craiglist so I haven't checked if it passed It sounded like it wasn't going to. Hope this helps I am computer dumb and can post on here so most people should have no problems. Terri

By Terri S.

If you want support, go to a real site. Nothing but trolls at CL who prey on anyone asking for help in the forum.

By Sebastion L.

just set up another email account and your back on

By marla l.

Questions? Get answers from the Craigslist, Inc. staff and other customers.

13 Photos for Craigslist, Inc.

Craigslist, Inc.?