Craigslist, Inc. reviews

craig@craigslist.org
2018 Customer choice award

marthas78
7/19/17
I was told yesterday that someone posted our vacation home that is rented on VRBO via Craigslist. Someone stole the pictures and information off the VRBO site and pasted them onto the Craigslist site. They were trying to rent it on a week that was already rented on VRBO and collect the money in advance. So, BUYER BEWARE...unless you like to lose money! If you rent something off this site, it is very likely NOT legitimate. You'll find yourself at a house for your dream vacation, and someone else will be already occupying the house. So, you'll lose money and will have wasted valuable vacation time!
steviee4
7/17/17
Craigslist is the worst cite to post any ad. It's the $#*!tiest cite I've ever been on. Half the $#*! doesn't load. It won't even load my ad after I've added pictures and wrote a freaking page long discription about my ad. Craigslist makes me want to shoot my computer with my AR till its in a million pieces.
aubreyk13
7/16/17
Craigslist is a very good place to shop BUTTTT u sure
gotta watch all the time about all the scammers on there,I have listed a item for say $250.00 and immediately I have lowlife scammers try to get me to accept their check or they will have their truck come by and pick up item, I sometimes want to tell them what they can do with their offer; another thing ,I understand Craigslist cannot possibly monitor every thing posted there. I think there are a lot of honest people that use this service to buy and sell there.I will continue to shop there but being very careful. thank's Aubrey
vernisee
7/12/17
Individual by the name of Alison Faison is using Craigslist to find a roommate for $385.00 monthly. However, she describes that due to past experiences and no show she will need a $168.00 deposit which must be done using western union account number she provides is 5307-0604-2015-3077. In total, you will pay $171.95 because of the transfer fee. Prior to the transfer being done she stay in touch answering every question that you may have about the room. She does not care if you have to drive for hours to get to the apartment. Once you confirm that you have arrived her telephone number which is *******858 goes straight to voicemail, but if you text she says that she's on her way the address she provides is 7505 Northwest 44th Street Lauderhill Fl which is extremely beautiful, but Alison is a thief who uses people to get money transferred to Money Network Paycard. Keep in mind that if you try to get your money back from the Western Union they will give you a hard time because the receipt states that Alison is the sender so your name is not on the receipt which is the perfect way to rip someone off. I am a College student who is struggling to get through college and for this to be happening is disturbing because I was in desperate need to find a room prior to Fall semester of 2017. I do not want this to happen to anyone if I could have spread this all over the internet I would, but I'm still working on getting my money back.
myanhd
7/9/17
It's been a few times I've applied for a dozen times for jobs on this site. It's just a waste of time filling out app and resumes. Not even one calls/email return. It's like there's no respect anymore for at least respond saying "Sorry, we're not hiring at this time." "Thanks for applying but looking for someone who's....." Something so simple like that can really change how I see company looking to hire. Just a bunches of people who's wasting my or other people's time. I hope somehow that'll change. So sick of that crap. What's the point of applying online when no one on there doesn't respond to your application.?
gabel15
7/8/17
i have sold countless bicycles, sporting goods ... there are genuine buyers out there , but they are all local of course, if out of state no's -Beware !! I'm in ATL btw .
-Now if you get that 2 in a row - 30 minutes apart text messages where someone wants to know if your "Art" item is still for sale and "what You low last price ? " on it...yeah them's are scumbag scammers ,
-but Craig's List is not at fault here ...is just a fact of life that Scumbags are people
too, with smartphones !!
lissk
7/6/17
In all sincerity if you are clueless when it comes to car parts than us women truly have no other choice than to bring it to an auto shop. As these men take advantage of our vulnerability, the last $5 dollars I gave the guy were in quarters and dimes, and he had the guts to beat me. Karma knows no deadline. It's sucks for the truly good people out there that are trying to make am extra buck that these maggots take away from us the customer and other potential mobile mechanics. I'm done I'll walk before I get beat again.
petem51
6/26/17
Do not rent from kendallville Indiana apts from Sheamus Clark he a bad landlord and doesn't fix anything plus never repairs anything were moving cause of all that Horrible mold everywhere bathroom leaks tub leaks and mold on side of tub. Building inspector been called on him several times horrible very horrible
sherylt7
6/12/17
Joe Holmes of Repairing & Remodeling Holmes Inc is a Scam Artist! He gave a quote to my 85 yr old mother & we agreed to hire him. He was paid in full. We returned to the house the next day to find his work was shoddy & unprofessional. He also told us he's not incorporated like he leads us to believe. We now have to hire a professional to come out & fix his "work". He argued with my entire family! He is aging and needs glasses but refuses to wear them. I strongly urge anyone in need of a handyman to look elsewhere! He also told me he had a job & the homeowner put stop payment on $1000 check b/c he broke their TV moving its stand!! STAY AWAY FROM JOE THE SCAM MAN!!!!
christea1
6/11/17
First of we were excited renting this house because it is so private and close to everything,but there's only one problem it was the landlord. This man is a big fat liers, b4 we move in he said he would never bother us but then everytime we go outside here's comes Wayne the landlord with his riding go kart in our house, the bad thing is he uses binoculars to stack us and that's not it, my husband called him to fixed our steps outside front doors, my husband went to the store for couple hours then Wayne the landlord came to house without our 24hours notice then he was walking around the house for hours and he never did fixed the steps. We always pay the rent on time except for the last 3 months we were late for a week cause it was a rough months we have. Rent was $800 a month for a year then $850 a month after that and never let him put the water in his name cause he's just gonna use that to come to the house in and out the driveway to be nosey. And if u all rent this house make sure u check everything and take picture of it specially the bathroom and kitchen because when u moved out he will try to used ur deposit money to fixed his house that's already broken or damaged. My husband already called a cops on him cause we were in the process of moving out b4 the 6th of the month and he was banging on the door and says let me in without 24 hour notice but the cops was on his ass telling him he was an idiot.Anyways, we have proved pictures on him sitting in our driveway,videos and all.
claram40
6/6/17
I tried to submit an ad, the ad kept getting removed, so I went to the help forum to figure out why.

Instead of getting actual help or feedback, I got bullied off the site by a bunch of internet trolls.

The site is thereby, entirely unusable for me. I cannot post anything without it getting removed, and I have no way to find out how it was removed or how to alter my posting so that it follows the rules and won't be removed.

Tip for consumers: Just don't. Sell your items somewhere else.

georghea
5/31/17
I've been using Craigslist time to time but one thing annoys me for a while: Its layout! Guys, we are in 2017; can't u make it more user friendly huh?
farrahs
4/1/17
I got ripped off for $200 on craigslist and id like it back. I bought a tv which turned out to be the wrong tv and the wrong stand and no remote. Its completely useless
favort
3/20/17
I bought a car on Craig's lists sold my this company 3 weeks ago and now it needs $5300 worth of repairs. Do not buy cars from them!!!
stacyh48
3/12/17
It's a lady or man that uses "GMAIL" accounts just different names they usually post really nice cars for cheap prices they will give you a sorry story about losing a child husband passing in Afghanistan single mom being in the military or all lies they constantly post things they are really bored and obviously broke and don't work do not fall for them just look on eBay motors review they are posted all over it and they will act like the deal will go through eBay motors be smart which I'm going to report them to the fbi
cindyg59
3/6/17
Hired this contractor-- did good at the start then he never came back and finished the job-- its been 6 weeks and no-show--- had to get someone else to finish the job--- I will never use them again ----- just be cautious on this one. There name is Ray Smith, from Athens/Florence area.
ricka50
3/1/17
On Tuesday, February 28, 2017 6:13 PM, Joseph S. <*****@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

Thanks for the response. This is to bring to your notice that you have been chosen and considered for this job position. We are offering you $20 per hour and your working days and hours is 8:00 - 4:00 ( 8hrs a day ) from Monday through Friday ( 5 days a week ). You will receive a week upfront payment as well as some money to move the van (2015 Ford Van) over. Please be informed that You'll receive a Check which covers your upfront payment and the balance would go to the Mover's agency for the Van delivery. I want to make sure you are okay with that. The Job starts 3/13/2017 because right at the moment my Mom is currently in Oklahoma for a funeral service. I'll always keep you updated and I'd like you to check your email at least twice a day ( Morning & Afternoon ) for updates and your prompt response will be appreciated. I 'll come over to the state probably next weekend because I would really love to meet you as well and I believe in your interest to work for us and I do promise to satisfy your needs. In order for your weekly pay to be processed, you MUST have an active bank account and I'm asking you now "Do you have an active bank account" ?
Awaiting Your Response

Regards,
Joseph S.
pattyh31
2/28/17
Do not buy anything on that site they scam and rip you off on there you buy car audio the stuff is blown and they steal your money on there also and it is the worst site to buy from and so is Offerup same thing people on there go and harass and cuss you out on there major issues best to buy off of Amazon or Ebay.
ronniec23
2/25/17
Carlton Edwards was awesome as a salesperson. I purchased a used 2003 Honda Accord Coupe and he went out of his way to assist me. The car was a good deal with low mileage and he helped me reach my final decision. The car had a slight damage in the front bumper..he even assured me to get that fixed at a future date at a nominal price. A very helpful salesperson and I will go back to him for future trade in and buying a new vehicle. God Bless him. Ronnie B. Chatterjee Elmhurst Queens, New York
aidal3
2/10/17
No place to leave a review for dishonest sellers to keep other buyers from being deceived! Please stay away from a lady named Sheila living at Winterthur CL NW Kennesaw, Georgia! Sells toys and other items she states "collects" from neighbors to sell. VERY dishonest lady!!!!! Beware!
claired36
2/1/17
Don't move with Todd! He stood me up today. He charges $20 per hour per guy with a three hour minimum. He has a lot of ads up a lot for the Seattle area. He even has one up for today February 1, 2017. He does not have his own truck.
nikkin8
1/31/17
If you are in the huntsville/madison area stay away from these apartments they will draw you in with the specials and then lie about so call damages that are normal wear and tear to avoid returning the security deposit back
mon2491
1/26/17
This is by far, the most unprofessional...cunning and deceptive company I have ever done busy with! They operate under 2 different names DOJ Auto Sales in Marietta, GA and also Universal Luxury Cars. From the purchase to delivery of car, even today...FAILURE TO DELIVER TAGS & TITLE! The owner has been dodging my calls, left and went to Africa for 3wks without resolving the Tag & Title issues concerning my vehicle. I paid the car in 30days, the sent in wrong information to have car registered. I later discovered the information was sent electronically only for a 2009 Honda Civic, but I purch 2006 Honda Civic. The scan in wrong car & VIN#. Its going on 4mths, and this guy is still MIA. I haven't spoken with him since Dec 21st. My County Tag Office has attempt to reach him several times. He's trained his 3 employees to operate just like him, smooth operator, full of lies! They tried to come off as if they are serious about helping you and anything to get your MONEY! After that, all kinds of issues...this is just the most serious. My Tag office finally reached this clown on Jan 24th 2017, he lied and told them he would definitely be in to settle this... Then he sends his nephew in the tag off to deliver the paperwork, but still NO MONEY and the car has a lien on it! That he had put up there, but yet failed to RELEASE and the car is paid for in full! My County Tag Office reached out again and he told them he was coming his self to bring money that next day or Overnight that day... Auh neither has happened. I'm now having to seek an attorney to get my money back, for car that i paid for in full but don't own because of title issues and still no valid tag! I have left numerous message, texts and emails...they have ignored them all and now dodging the Tag Office calls... I purchased this car in Oct 2016, it's Jan 2017... Well over 30days. Please Beware!!! They are SHEEP IN WOLVES CLOTHING!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT PURCHASE A CAR from this bogus company!!! .... Well over 30days.

danielh155
1/12/17
I assume this one can be positive or negative depending on how lucky you are... Unfortunately the feature that many businesses nowadays have ;(
johns1596
1/10/17
Asked why my listing was deleted and got nothing but immature insulting answers! Who ever The Bottom Line is should be fired!!! He makes assumptions and shoves them in your face. I'm 55 years old and can't believe I have to text with what seems to be a child that wants to feel like he has some kind of power or something? I guess it's just a big ego he has because he thinks he has an important job? His first answer to me was: How many ads are you not posting to by-dealer. What the hell does that mean? He asked a question and didn't answer mine? Instead of answering :if you list too many listings, someone will think your a dealer and delete your listing. If I sell something for 10.00 on Craigslist and I meet up with someone and they buy my item, what does being a dealer on not matter? By the way I'm not a dealer!! Also they said I have over 200 listings. I only have 20 listings! Please get some more reliable people on the texting and tell them to help not insult someone! Very disappointed.
289 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

No, and DO NOT talk to the forum...trolls just waiting to attack anyone who is frustrated.

By Sebastion L.

All you can really do isjust "flag" the ad when you click on it. It gives you the ability to delete the posting. Nothing more. Craigslist gives no way's to post negative reviews. Unless you take the ad posting and info and post your own ad as the negative outcome or info. to pass on your experience. Lots of others are doing it as scam alerts or fraud alerts. Only remember that if you do, then the person whom your referring to also can "flag" your posting also.

By mike m.

I have posted many adds with craigslist my house, furniture and pets in the past. I am trying to post an dog now that showed up on here on the 4th of July. But all my adds get deleted use to love craigslist now I hate Craigslist. Big waste of my time every add I post gets deleted if I will selling cocaine I can understand craigslist use a funking little common sence. Don't call the customer service number thank you for calling Craigslist but there is no one here to help you. I have posted last add with Craiglist longer customer.

By sabre c.

In order to list items I first take the best pictures I can and take quite a few as you can post alot on listing. Then depending on item I'm listing I get dementions any and as much as I can. Now you need to create an account on Craigslist and no they change nothing for you to list or take a percentage of item sold unlike ebay. When you create your account you do have to provide a valid email but they only give it out if you check the box when posting that they can, Craigslist prefers you don't give out your own. They will make an email for you item and then forward it to you when someone inquires. When I checked emails regulary I would have them give my email out and had no problems until I had a box of misc items and then I received alot of sexual messages, so I never use my personal one anymore . I due have people text me ( there is a box you can mark if you'd prefer that method of contact) working the hours I do I've always used it since that option came out. I've never had any problems with a buyer calling or texting me. I've sold alot of items some were the same item just reposted it when I got more to sell. And I've always had people come to my house and never had any problems I did have one no show. 1) set up account it works for all the different areas. 2) It been along time but I believe they send you an email to verify it's valid 3) find area I want to post in Delaware, Milwaukee ect and if it's a large city you'll need to deside which area is closest to you 4) go to area you picked say Eastern Shore get on main page I mostly use smart phone top left is a menu touch it and you want to go to my account ( make sure if they sent verification email you verified it) 5) sign into your account I believe it gives you obtions of sell an item or my account, go to sell an item it will ask if you're the owner or I believe other is for mass selling. Then pick best category if it's a lawnmower go to garden ect. Now your making post it will give you options of default email which they recomend or the obtion of having them call or text you. Then you'll need to come up with a short popping post of course put in what your selling and any words that make it seem it's the best. Then give as much info as you can about item selling and make sure to be honest about it. There's an area that asks you who's manufacturer what's it's condition I usually skip that as it's in item description but it could help to sell it. Then theres a map so people know around where you are if you don't want them coming to your house put in zipcode of a town by you. Then it will have you upload pictures. Make sure the best one is uploaded first as that's the one that people see by your post and add the rest of pictures. Also at the beginning it will ask for a dollar amount for item. When pictures are done loading hit publish. Sometimes they send an email verifying post, but they will inform you they are. If they do make sure to go to email and verify it as item won't post till you do. Post will automatically delete after a month to 45 days it comes inactive first so you have option of reposting it. If you want to delete or modify posting sign into craiglist account and touch on my account and all your active and inactive posts are there touch on either delete post or edit. It's very simple and easy to do if you forget to fill in say asking price when you go to publish post it will tell you you something wasnt filled in. I know the government was trying to pass a law that we have to pay taxes on what we sell but I haven't done much selling on eBay or craiglist so I haven't checked if it passed It sounded like it wasn't going to. Hope this helps I am computer dumb and can post on here so most people should have no problems. Terri

By Terri S.

If you want support, go to a real site. Nothing but trolls at CL who prey on anyone asking for help in the forum.

By Sebastion L.

just set up another email account and your back on

By marla l.

Questions? Get answers from the Craigslist, Inc. staff and other customers.

16 Photos for Craigslist, Inc.

Craigslist, Inc.?