Review of OpenOffice.org

Forest Hill, Maryland, United States
users@openoffice.org

marcelc21
4/13/17

In my early days when I started in my business I've had to go by a limited budget and needed such type of tools. The Open Office suite has everything a small company might need in terms of office software and it does the job well.

justusb9
2/19/17

As all the reviews say - its a good free alternative for MS Office. I completely agree with that. Especially that comes in handy during some trips when due to some circumstanses you need a PC with Office isntalled, and for instance the hotel has onnly the PC (yup, I go on vacations gadget-free). I recommend!

djfemmiej
8/9/16

ALSO YOU CAN SAVE DOCUMENTS AS A PFD VERY EASY AND HAS all the suites you will be happy with this also it is compatible with WINDOWS AND MAC. AN AWESOME PROGRAM A MUST HAVE. GET IT YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.

jacobf28
6/16/16

I really like the fact that we have a free substitute for Microsoft Office. It can do many of the things that Microsoft Office can do, and -some may argue that- because of it's Shareware state, third-party programmers have come together to allow you to do even more. This makes it a really nice option for your office files.

Although the program is nice, there is one huge thing that has docked 2 stars from the shareware program: speed. It is the clunkiest, slowest thing that I have ever had to work with and I have a really fast computer!

josephl89
6/7/16

This is a great replacement for the MS office software and the best part is that it's free!

dg59
4/18/16

Mostly happy with Office substitutes, but their macro system in Writer was too convoluted to be useful. Went back to WORD.

donnap45
4/11/16

We have used this program in between computers going down, it was great, otherwise we would of had to spend an extra 200 bucks. That's a lot of dollars for a small business. It was very handy, similar to most big budget word processing programs.

kevint47
2/21/16

To the life of me I cant figure why so many people are so diehard about microsoft products. That company has left all computer users subject to hackers, malwares, adwares, and system crashes for several decades.

Trying to use MS Office Suite is only as good as the operating system you have and computer you have to run them off of. Considering the nightmares that 4 out of the last 5 windows operating systems have been, thats scary.

Count them up: Vista bad, 7 great, 8 bad, 8.1 marginal but bad, 10 going fastly to the bad. That creates a problem. Especially since MS office suite auto links all your office suite items to your operating system files and guess what if some virus or malware gets into your machine....

you may be able to reinstall the system.....but your documents are all lost.Even if you try storing them on another drive or partition.....windows later may not recognize the access file in its system needed to find them and make them accessible all because they were referenced in your previous OS.

Open Office is the ONLY word product I use. I highly reccomend coupling it with a pdf product called FOXIT.

Freewares by college professors and tech teams have always been a great thing. Now they are abundant and reliable and pretty nice. I highly recommend this.

jamesp199
1/12/16

OpenOffice has been the free alternative to Microsoft Office suite for quite awhile now. Very Powerful Office tools at no cost whatsoever.

waftt
1/3/16

Very good site for getting free software.

pamelaf11
10/30/15

Thank you Open Office for helping us express ourselves in a economical way. Plus you except donations. How does it get any better than that?

colbertc
10/28/15

The open office paper program is comfortable to use. On par with Microsoft word, i would say

demirm
9/29/15

free and best office program developer

bethr18
8/28/15

Switched to Microsoft Office Word because it's better

mikes311
8/21/15

Much better than microsoft products, takes a bit of getting used to. Keep up the great work!

nexusm
7/17/15

I'm not sure why Open Office is unable to create a functional spell checker. Its spellchecker misses at least 75% of errors which are detected by simple browsers such as Firefox. This means I have to copy and paste entire documents into my browser to check for errors. Fix the errors in the browser, copy the corrected version, and paste it back into open office.

This product would easily get five stars if they fixed the spell checker. I would gladly donate or pay for the product in return. Open Office could charge at least $20 if they had a functional spell checker because it would be as good as MS Office at less than half the price.

deepikag1
7/9/15

I loved OpenOffice its Open source and get rid of any licenses..thanks to Open Office

faunab
5/13/15

I use MS office at work, but Open Office at home. When I need to move files in between them, I use google drive. It takes effort to save precious dollars.

dianad28
5/11/15

Easy to use, perfect alternative to Microsoft Office. Best part, it's free.

burtm19
4/15/15

Does everything that MS Office used to ask money for. A fraction? Better make that free, what could be better?

jessicaw44
3/9/15

Not excellent but ok. 3 stars.

johnl196
2/11/15

I prefer their software. Fewer upgrades to a great product. They are comparable with the top end softwares too.

terrancew3
2/5/15

Like Office, but free!

adamp21
7/30/13

Great software. Easy to use, perfect alternative to Microsoft Office. Best part, it's free.

chrisj34
3/10/13

Why are you paying a lot? You can freely download, and use Open Office. It is very user friendly.

Questions? Get answers from the OpenOffice.org staff and other customers.

OpenOffice.org?