Review of Netflix

mhakobyan@netflix.com
2017 Customer choice award

jeremyr47
8/16/18
• Updated review

This is an update to my old Netflix review. Sadly, during the summer, they have decided to remove user reviews, stating no one used them a lot. This has made them lose a star, as the user reviews helped people write their opinions on a show or movie, which helped parents and casual watcher decide whether a show was worth watching or not. It is sad that Netflix stopped it despite angry e-mails from customers, and I believe if they keep making bad decisions like this, then they will end up being dethroned by other streaming services, especially since Disney is making its own streaming service and soon, it will have all its movies removed from Netflix.

“A great streaming site”
8/16/18
• Previous review

My family has been watching Netflix for years since we moved into an apartment, and it is a good streaming service. It has a changing selection of movies and TV shows (which is mainly because each show they put on that is not an exclusive is basically part of a contract that is removed when it ends), plus the best part: Netflix has no commercials to interrupt what you are watching like some other streaming services. Also, you can review any show you watched to share your opinions. Overall, a great site.

Tip for consumers: -Some shows won't stay on the service for long since they are on there as part of a contract, so be sure to watch it all before it's removed.

dahliaa1
8/14/18

I love netflix it's fast and easy to use, it's safe for kids and I love how you can have multiple accounts and multiple people watching it on your account in different TVs and phones. great app.

esmeraldam7
8/10/18

Netflix has a ton of great movies but I especially love the shows. I like watching things like pretty little liars, shameless, Jane the virgin over and over again. They are just great shows. If you have a lot of free time and looking for great shows to watch I recommend downloading Netflix, yes you have to pay but I think it's worth it. It also has really good quality even if sometimes I only use my cellular data.

billk205
8/9/18

Their library has all but disappeared compared to when I joined a few years ago. It looks like they have lots of content still, but my only language is English, and when you start looking at things you find over half the shows in other languages, most with english subtitles. Tried watching a few, very hard to follow most shows cant read and watch at same time. This is clearly intentional and there is no way to search for shows in your language. Makes the service marginal at best. In past they had a huge library of English TV series and movies, most of which are gone now. I was watching a few series only to have them be deleted while I was part way through. I'd try Flixtor.tv (I have no affiliation)which has more english language content and has a free option with no ads.

2 stars instead of 1 because Netflix does have some English content, and some Netflix made content (although most of the "Netflix Original" is non English.) If they did have a way to search for shows actually in the language you speak most of the content would disappear from the search screens. Very sad trend.

js460
8/7/18

My account was hacked during my first month free trial, which is hilarious and tells a story of unfortunate things to come. Fortunately, they apparently were not able to see my billing information, but someone tried to change my password to take my account. I resolved it, but there was no recommendation for what might prevent it in the future. Since my privacy cannot be guaranteed, I am not using the service. The shows were good though, and I would probably use it if I wasn't running this risk again.

emilyb241
8/6/18

I've had Netflix for two years and I really love it. Only problem is that they never have anything I'm looking for. Like if I want a certain movie they usually dont have it so that kind of sucks

billt168
8/5/18

Have to enjoy this service, I'm able to escape work during my lunch break to catch up on favorite TV shows.

dickl22
7/29/18

I hate netflix for everything it stands for..
i destroyed socialism all together...
Renting and watching movies the old way especially after adding internet on consoles.. was like the last remaining hope of this dumb generation...
netflix ruined it all..
never even tried a trial and never will has im to broke to afford a setup to run it other then my pc and i am not sitting here 16h watching tv..on a pc chair... noway

johnt808
7/23/18

netflix charged my credit card twice a month for six months. When I called the customer service number to correct the billing issue they told me my card had been hacked. How ever they would not close the fraudulent account nor would they stop charging my credit card, I had to cancel my account and cancel my credit card and have my credit card company dispute the charges to get netflix to stop stealing my money. Terrible crooked company.

spendaht
7/20/18

Is it me or is there more international movies on Netflix now more than anything else; especially in the dramas. I am having a hard time trying to find good movies that I like that speak English. I am not in the mood to be trying to read and keep up with the speed of the actors every movie. That is too much work and when watching movie you want to be relaxed (don't you)? Netfix I understand you trying to cater to customers all around the world but got to remember your massive English only fan base is still here as well.

joanc145
7/19/18

I have been a Netflix customer for years. In June my credit card that was used for auto pay was "red flagged" for some reason that no one could explain at netflix customer service. I went to my bank and they saw no action from Netflix attempting payment. I then spoke again with a Netflix customer rep who was so rude. I asked to speak with a manager and was told "no" . Finally I did reach a manager and he could not explain or rectify the problem. I am done with them. So many other better choices out there. I can't say I have never been treated so poorly by a so called customer service before. Hulu, here I come!

larryk11
7/17/18

We were a long time subscriber of Netflix. Why we stayed so long I have no idea. Log on issues etc happened all too often. No trouble with Amazon, Hulu, or any of the others. The Netflix customer abuse department has one solution... reboot. When that doesn't fix the issue they claim it is your equipment or your internet provider. Generally the problem cures itself in an couple of hours, so in the past we have lived with it. Today, once again the problem raised head. After the standard "reboot" process failed, the customer abuse department rep told me that I had no other options but to call my internet provider. Remember, all other streaming channels work just fine...I told him that I had an additional option...Cancel my subscription!!!! NO MORE NETFLIX !!! Cheers !!!

juliac134
7/17/18

I don't know how you can give a bad review to a game-changer like Netflix. Every other competitor site is just that- a copycat.
I've never had a single problem with Netflix. It's fast, no technical issues, the purchasing is easy and quick. Since I signed up I didn't have to do a single thing, really.
Plus it has the best choice of movies and tv series, hands down!

hendersona7
7/12/18

why do you again have to give different episodes for different places that you are in???are we not all netflix subscriber and paying customer???

kellys385
7/7/18

I have had Netflix for years & was happy until recently..the last 3 months I have all kinds of issues with buffering, shows not playing when I want to see them & the customer service department in India does not understand English well enough to understand what the problem is. So many choices now...time to put Netflix to bed for me

emada13
7/6/18

no need to review a worldwide site with amazing shows but on the other hand many episodes are not available and not playing

claudes28
7/5/18

I am a retired engg, Most of the time i spend watching netflix only. Many shows to select and they cover all genre. I love netflix

anaidm
Anaid M.
7/5/18

For some reason Netflix in the states is terrible, they have weird movies, super old shows, they don't have much of the new stuff. Other countries have better stuff than us!!

johnm496
7/2/18

This is one company which will have you seriously on your armchair couch or sunlounge watching a most comprehensive and continuously updated range of films and TV shows,more than value for money.

ceciliec1
6/25/18

Just Netflix and chill:) Great service , guys! When I feel bored I always run for Netflix. Luke Cage season two is awesome! Where do you get all this ideas for your show?

jessicas501
6/25/18

Netflix costs a reasonable fee and has a lot of movie and TV choices in various genres. You can even see quite a few new releases shortly after they're available on DVD. If you have limited bandwidth, there is a setting you can select so that it won't use as much as other streaming services, such as Amazon.

mattb301
6/19/18

Overly sensitive people 5 Seconds staring rule is the most psychotic thing I've ever heard in my life

mattb299
6/15/18

Overall, the service is decent as long as you don't need help. If you do, forget it! There is only one way that I have found to contact them - a "Call Help" button in the Netflix app. No ail. No chat. Only a call. And when you press the Call button, it asks if the call can be recorded. If you choose No, it will not make the call!!! This leaves me with absolutely NO way to contact them. This is the stupidest decision I've ever known a business to make.

daniilp
6/15/18

I just love this streaming service. I am a great fan of Marvel universe and I just love their movies. Also, series of marvel shows from Netflix couldn't just got pass my attention. I love watching Daredevil, Jessica Jones and The Punisher.

Tip for consumers: Make sure your internet connection is good.

karlyr3
6/11/18

Always says Title can not be played right now. Most episodes dont even play. Always stops to load in the middle of whatever your watching.

18 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I tried to use Netfli 2 times on windows Vista with no luck. It had some problem with Microsoft Silverlight. Kept telling me to download it but I already had it on my computer. Then I was told to call Microsoft to fix the problem. You could stay on hold forever with them. I finally cancelled my membership. To many issues with to much time.

By susan s.

2016 & 2017 DVD rentals from Netflix have gone from 4 per week for years to just 2 per week on the unlimited plan. NOT WORTH IT. MANY DVDs NO LONGER AT NETFLIX.

By Ray G.

Ohh finally someone thats having the same problem...Netflix always blames my Wi-Fi but, I know thats not the problem. Considering canceling.

By Ada A.

Questions? Get answers from the Netflix staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Netflix