Review of Netflix

nicadmin@netflix.com
2017 Customer choice award

ronb138
2/19/18

Due to my wife's disability, she cannot operate any type of electronic devices, remote controls, computers, cell phones etc. She can however, binge watch netflix 6 to 8 hours a day which is her primary enjoyment in life. Unfortunately, every hour and a half or so, netflix stops her show with the "Are you still watching" message which is not a major issue if I am in the house to reset the show. Most often, I am outside caring for the livestock and she must wait until I return to the house. This is a major issue which netflix refuses to address. Am now looking for another service that does not doe this

susanl217
2/19/18

I don't pay for regular tv. No dish and no cable bill. I rely on netflix for all my tv viewing with the exception of 2 free channels I get from my antenna. It annoys me that you can search on the website and find a lot more shows and movies available than what it shows you when you search on your tv. They also have removed some really good old shows like MASH. Over all I'm happy with Netflix vs Amazon and Hulu...I can't get either of those to work on my tv without it constantly stopping to re buffer. I don't have that problem with Netflix. I live in a small town that doesn't offer very many internet options, so it's very limited for me and the speed I get is not the greatest. Netflix loads just fine even on a slow connection like mine. I have two smart tv's and I have noticed that it also depends on which version of Netflix you have on your smart tv. The one in my bedroom is newer and and harder to navigate.

lindseyp24
2/19/18

Netflix beats most of its competitors (names withheld). Good selection of movies, but I wish they had on some classic TV shows from the 90s

axelw8
2/19/18

I started using Netflix.com years ago when they mailed you the DVDs. If the DVD was bad they quickly sent me another. Never had a hassle.

It was a great service then and has only gotten better. They have a good selection of shows. I especially like that I can watch them on my iPad when I'm away from my TV.

chadr26
2/8/18

They have improved their original shows a great deal. I think subscription price well worth it. All considering, a great value

willc60
2/7/18

I've done a lot of internet streaming in my time. But I must say that Netfix produces the greatest choicer per money spent. The internet connection is always fast and reliable, so no wasted time on lag or slow bit rates. The quality of the programs is top notch.

Overall I have to give it 5 stars!!

tigerl6
2/3/18

I've been a member for nearly 13 years. At first, I joined for DVD only, and was amazed at how many movies I was able to find. Then, having a tight budget I joined streaming and canceled the DVD plan. I swear, that every time I looked up a movie for streaming, it was sorry, that is only available on DVD. I suspect that they said it on purpose just so that I would feel forced to join the DVD plan again. And, I feel that the selection has gotten lousier. If you look up a genre, that same movie title will appear under at least five other genres. How in hell could that be possible? Horror isn't mystery, mystery is not necessarily drama, and action is not horror, and so on. There have been some Netfilx originals that were entertaining, but far and few between. We are seriously considering canceling because we also belong to Amazon Prime which has equally paltry picking so why pay twice for the same things? We recently joined PBS.org and pay a small donation with far more classy programming! Also, animated previews of movies and series as soon as you log on are very distracting and irritating!

clintt19
1/27/18

Are you still there?Are you still there?Are you still there?Are you still there?Are you still there?Are you still there?Are you still there?Are you still there?Are you still there?Are you still there?Are you still there?Are you still there?Are you still there?Are you still there?Are you still there?Are you still there?Are you still there?Are you still there?Are you still there?
YES IM STILL $#*!ING HERE!!!! WHY!? WHY WOULD YOU HAVE THIS EXTREMELY ANNOYING FEATURE! I CANT DO $#*! WITHOUT MY 7 YEAR OLD YELLING "DADDY! FIX NETFLIX"! AND NOW HULU DOES IT! THIS ALONE IS WHY I CANCELLED! WELL THIS AND THE WHOLE BOYCOTT OF THE ROOTEX DEVICES THING! ID GIVE 0 STARS IF POSSIBLE! $#*! A BUNCH OF NETFLIX! ARE YOU THERE!? SEE!!? $#*!ing annoying as hell!!!!

janem179
1/25/18

Netflix allows me to enjoy my travels and down time. There are so many different genres for my to pick from. The new download movies update is very useful especially when I'm in situations where there is no internet connection. I recommend this app for everyone, it is non-expensive and very entertaining. 5 stars Netflix Keep It Up!!!!

janicem102
1/24/18

Seems it's not as good as it used to be. We still use it often but Amazon Prime video and Crave are catching up fast.

valeriag6
1/23/18

es un servicio de pago medio, o sea no es caro tampoco barato. tiene varios tipos de entretenimientos y esta disponible como una plataforma de peliculas casi fijas. ahora, los agregados de programacion son pobres, suben series que no tienen final, por lo que al mirarlas jamas sabras que paso si no las buscas por otro medio. realmente no siento que cumplan con el cometido.

jamesd383
1/17/18

Netflix web page has a live person number to call they will pick up and tell you to call back tomorrow and that they are open 24/7, but just not to help you.

They do forget that its recorded on both ends and will/can be played back for the world to hear.

js351
1/16/18

the main problem with netflix is that they don't know how to update all the tv shows!!!! If they kept up with updating all the tv showing it would be so much better.

amyl210
1/15/18

They charge more now, and decreased the amount of streaming devices you can have.
And for what? They didn't add anymore content and remove shows?
The reason for my review is that you can't change your payment date unless you cancel your membership.....
So I have to wait a month to get a new payment date...
Pretty poor design and now more expensive than Premium Hulu...

terrym149
1/13/18

I've had Netflix on and off for 8 years. Nothing has changed except the way they present the shows. At one time you could look for something that caught your interest but now they present movies on a couple of selections you make when you sign up. If you happen to select a movie that is crap and stop watching because you can't stand the show or movie they then present you with selections based on what you watched, more crap. Most of the movies are second rated at best. Has been actors, subtitled, etc. After 8 years of a month or two of watching I notice they still have some of the shows to present that were available 8 years ago.

amandac214
1/9/18

I only gave 1 star because it won't allow me to save with none. I cancelled my Netflix approximately a 1yr and 3 months ago. I noticed back in September they were still withdrawing about $10/month and I hadn't used it or thought about it in a year. Since the charge was only about $10/month I had overlooked it. But it had cost me about $120 total after adding it up. I called to cancel it again. The service rep was extremely rude and claimed they could tell if I had called before and that I had never called to cancel; however, he ended up telling me he for sure had it cancelled this time and would put a note on the acct to refund the $120 if I disputed it with my bank. Well my bank can only legally dispute back like 60 days. And come to find out they have continued to take out the fee each month since. I had to put in a stop payment with my bank and am out about $150 total for a service(that has not been returned to me) that I haven't used and was suppose to be cancelled twice now!

dianar77
1/8/18

I absolutely love Netflix a lot, i love binge watching shows. Binge watching house of cards that show is facinatingly evil. Anyway love netflix enjoy all the different series and love binge watching when i have time which is not a lot. But when i do its fun. Its awesome!!

garrettw15
1/8/18

If you don't have a Netflix account, get one. For less than $15 a month you get access to everything! Most every movie & every season of any tv show ever. The Netflix original series are better than the HBO series. It is fricKin awesome. Just get it, you'll be glad you did.

pattib42
1/7/18

Not a fan...prices kept going up and unless your into the Netflix only shows, the movies available are just terrible.

minam21
1/7/18

Netflix was my favorite place to watch old shows and new. They had a big selection of movies and that was great to me. For the past 3 years they have taken off Buffy,Angel, and a few other shows I loved binge watching. There isn't really much for me to watch on there anymore. Sure I like their originals, but a lot are lacking in entertainment. Not many movies to pick from unless you're ok with watching B movies. Other than enjoying their original shows (which are very little episodes and you have to wait a year to watch the next season!!!) there really isn't any reason for me to keep it. I'll be ending my subscription to Netflix today.

rb141
1/6/18

Tried the free month and it didn't take but 10 days to get rid of it, after seeing the kind of complete trash that Netflix is putting out there, i.e.(End of the F***ing World), their forceful movie suggestions, way too many foreign language films and now their latest Netflix ad that promotes degeneracy, at one point it took me almost 2 hours to find something to watch that didn't have an "F-Bomb" in it, makes me want to just get rid of any type of TV altogether !

baileyu4
1/2/18

They have very cheesy movies on there and I can't find a television show, nor a movie to watch. They need to organize their movies better. I ordered basically for nothing. They need to work on having better shows. They even removed my favorite show! It made me very disappointed and upset.

Tip for consumers: This is worthless!

angelinas18
12/28/17

We love netflix the only thing that I wish they would change is adding more shows more often. I definitely think that its worth the money. Thanks Netflix!

sherylf4
12/27/17

I love Netflix and there is no better place for movies and I can make a profile for all movie watchers in my household.

lorib108
12/27/17

Same old Same old movies. If they could get newer ones we all would be in a better place know what I mean. I do like most of them but same old is same old

17 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I tried to use Netfli 2 times on windows Vista with no luck. It had some problem with Microsoft Silverlight. Kept telling me to download it but I already had it on my computer. Then I was told to call Microsoft to fix the problem. You could stay on hold forever with them. I finally cancelled my membership. To many issues with to much time.

By susan s. [Netflix Rep]

2016 & 2017 DVD rentals from Netflix have gone from 4 per week for years to just 2 per week on the unlimited plan. NOT WORTH IT. MANY DVDs NO LONGER AT NETFLIX.

By Ray G. [Netflix Rep]

Ohh finally someone thats having the same problem...Netflix always blames my Wi-Fi but, I know thats not the problem. Considering canceling.

By Ada A. [Netflix Rep]

Questions? Get answers from the Netflix staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Netflix