Review of Priceline

Tel: +1-203-299-8917
leslie.cafferty@priceline.com

mank6
2/21/19

I booked a ticket from Los Angeles to Vietnam at Priceline , the fight would transit at Canada , I had no idea that I need a transit visa. I couldn't take the flight and had to pay a lot more money to buy another ticket. Called customer service And they said they couldn't do anything. Worst experience

seths58
2/19/19

I needed to book a hotel in Duluth Minnesota, and searched for hotels in "Duluth MN", without warning me it instead gave me hotels in Duluth Georgia--the opposite side of the country I'm traveling to. Immediately upon completion of the reservation was when the website informed me that not only was I booked for Duluth GA, I had booked a non-refundable trip. I've heard of friends who have had similar situations and should have listened. This website intentionally misdirects people to incorrect locations and then cons them into purchasing hotels. Not only will I never use Priceline again, I strongly suggest everyone stay far away

annu13
2/18/19

Priceline has the worst CS dept! We booked a package deal, airfare and hotel. I called Priceline to check something on my reservation and they tell me, our apologies your hotel did not confirm your reservation but we still have airline tickets? Yes we still have air but No hotel and they were never going to tell me Unreal! Prices have went up significantly since we booked and now we are screwed!.They said our air is not refundable and have no problem giving me back my hotel money but would not reimburse me for the price difference. Since hotels went up. This company is a joke! They do not honor anything they say or email you. I will definitely be disputing all of the charges with my credit card company. I also emailed the executives Brett.keller@priceline.com & Mark.Koehler@priceline.com of course that went nowhere. They did not even respond. This company does not care about their customers and I will never use them again and will let as many people know how awful they are.

markp578
2/11/19

Here is why using Priceline can cost you $$. I used the site recently for an Express Deal in San Juan. Buried in the fine print apparently it states there could be additional mandatory hotel fees. So if there are two hotels - $150 for one and $200 for the other - there is no way to determine which one will actually cost more - because the fees could be dramatically different. In the end - Priceline is NOT telling you what your final cost will be - meanwhile other hotel websites like Hotels.com and Expedia.com include those mandatory fees in the final price before purchase. It turns out a 2016 lawsuit Singer Vs Priceline ruled on this exact situation in Priceline's favor. Sad. Stick it to the consumer.

tonys383
2/9/19

We purchased 2 separate Norwegian Escape cruises from Priceline back in August 2018. The cruise took place on December 21st, 2018 - December 28th, 2018 out of NYC. When purchasing the cruise, it said on their website that we would be given $75 on-board credit for each purchase. When we boarded the ship and enquired about the credit, we were told by the ship staff that they saw 1 credit but were not aware of the other one. The ship's staff helped us connect with Priceline representatives and we were told that the credit had actually been issued to us. We went back and forth between cruise line and Priceline and at the end Priceline admitted there was an error on their part and they would issue us a check for the amount of $75. We contacted them multiple times and were told the credit was being processed. It's become obvious that we will never receive anything from them. We will not be contacting them any longer because it's just a colossal waste of our time. We should've researched the company prior to engaging with them of course, but reading their reviews on multiple review sites, it's become obvious they are doing this on purpose. Some people won't be fighting them and even if they fight like us, it takes months to refund what should've been paid on time. With thousands of potential disputes, I can only imagine what kind of money they're making by simply using their customers' money for free even for 2 months. Just despicable and very short sighted tactic which will not hold up in a long run. I hope they are investigated by the authorities and some of their executives are help responsible.

sandic38
2/9/19

We had a sick child and needed to check out one night early and Priceline would not allow us to get credit back for the one night we did not stay. Hotel was more than willing to work with us but Priceline would not

javiern14
2/6/19

Priceline best price guarantee policy is full of misleading statements and lies. Don't use Priceline, you will fall in their trap.

geisters
2/2/19

NEVER, EVER, EVER using priceline.com again. When options for no penalty for cancellations are available WIDELY in the car rental industry, why would priceline.com offer no refunds for their scrappy 10% savings. Yes, we lost some money. They lost our respect and all future business. AND all our clients as well! NOT WORTH IT! Highway robbery! CHOOSE WISELY ... not with this organization!

dollf
1/31/19

The listed hotels are NOT where you will be staying. I paid for a four-star hotel, and was put in what I would classify as may be a two star hotel. Basically it is very old, and has zero amenities that you would expect with a four-star hotel. I will definitely never use Priceline again, after spending an hour on the phone with five different Priceline representatives, I was told that there is absolutely nothing that they can do and that I would not be receiving any of my money back, nor would they be able to move me to a different hotel. Basically I was SOL. The customer service sucked, the hotel was extremely rude, and I would say my lesson is learned, never again.

Tip for consumers: If you book on Priceline, you’ll end up in a $#*!hole. Paid for a 4 star hotel, ended up in a “motel” built in the 60s. “Free” WiFi is their biggest “amenity”, for which I was charged a $48 resort fee...

nathank108
1/28/19

Booked a 3 star hotel in Palm Springs on the priceline app. The 8 "examples" they have listed are all great hotels so I book it.
Got stuck with a $#*!ty 2 star run down hotel.
Spoke with Camila right after booking as I wasn't happy with the hotel and he basically said sorry too bad.
Zero customer service. What a scam.
I hope this business isn't around much longer.

bradu6
1/21/19

I travel every week. I like to stay at one of two hotels. I was always getting a great rate from PL until they learned my behaviors. I would search for the hotel. They would show the same hotel at $85. I would go to book and put in my CC info. They would hit my card. Then come back and try to up me on the price. It would say, that price is no longer available. It would try to make me book at $94. All the while hitting my credit card. I would leave and come back later. The $85 price is posted again. I would select the room and book. It comes back at $95. They are totally dishonest and a complete fraud. Do not use this company. They have lost my business. I even chatted with customer service. He was no help. He referred me to a privacy policy? I called AMEX and reported them as well. I am going to call the Interstate Commerce Division to make sure what they are doing is legal. Someone should file a lawsuit again this company for fake, misleading practices and then hitting your credit card. Totally unacceptable.

dl205
1/17/19

I booked a flight for my son to come home for Christmas using Priceline.com. Booking 2 different Canadian airlines for a round trip, my total payment according to Priceline was $484. There was no indication of currency and so I discover on my credit card statement that Priceline charged me in U.S. dollars. I called my credit card company to dispute the extra charge of $177 and I was told that they receive alot of complaints about this company. So I would highly recommend using a reputable online company to book your flights so that you're not paying extra fraudulent fees.

victoriaj66
1/11/19

Basically I used my credit card to hold a rental car for me and when I reached my destination I went to pick up the car and found out my card was charged so I canceled the reservation but got charged anyway so I called my credit card company and disputed the charge and priceline kept my money their reason I shouldn't have disputed the charge I should have just called them and they would have given me back my money. So now I'm having to pay priceline for a vehicle I never got because I questioned a charge I should have never gotten. But I will be getting a lawyer and sueing them for my money plus all the interest I have raked up due to this charge that should have never been charged in the first place all I want is my money refunded back to my card!!

jamilc
1/9/19

Most people in the world are working class people. People who generally earn an average of $25-45k per year. This would mean they would have to work at least three or more days to generate a net income of $250-350 dollars. A typical roundtrip thru Priceline is between $300-$400. Priceline has a hidden disclosure which basically means that if you purchase a flight ticket through them; if there are any flight cancellations, late check-ins, plane, weather or mechanical issues, postponed flights, and the ticket purchaser can not board on flight for any reason whatsoever, Priceline will not and are not obligated to refund any money back to the consumer. Read! Read! Read the fine print. This, in and of itself, has created the 72 hour SLAVE. For whoever has purchased a ticket thru Priceline and ran across any flight issues, they are a victim and have become a 3 day slave. Any person who has worked and earned money to purchase goods and services from a company, for that company to take a consumer's monetary funds and not render any goods or services to that consumer and retain those funds it is a form of robbery or better yet 'Slavery'. Working diligently to earn money to just give it away unintentionally. Priceline has MASTERED this platform. And to make it worse, it has become LEGAL for companies like Priceline to get away with it and profit from it. I have become a victim of Priceline and I am writing this review to WARN all consumers. DON'T PURCHASE ANY TICKET THROUGH PRICELINE! Get it directly through the airline or you maybe a new age SLAVE. This is a collective effort to start a international movement and BAN PRICELINE and any company like it. Or the more befitting title, 'MASTER PRICELINE'.....END THIS FORM OF SLAVERY BY BANNING PRICELINE FOREVER!

annr168
1/7/19

I reserved a hotel room and it clearly said no payment required and that the reservation can be canceled. Credit card only for holding the reservation. I had 3 other people looking at the room reservation on my phone who saw the same thing. They immediately charged my card and when I called to have the charges removed they said the reservation can NOT be canceled. I spoke with a supervisor who stood by the policy and refused to do anything about it. $420 on a reservation for a tentative trip months from now. I will NEVER use or recommend Priceline again!

arlenet11
1/4/19

Jesus Fix! Along with "Price Line", for fooling consumers@ Scam /Price Line ~They've probably seen any of these nightmares! Furthermore! That bouncy Bed Nightmare, I never got any rest! "Kid not friendly" Best Western at Newark Airport! No Room to move about! Go around Bouncy Beds~ Queen/double. Twin sofa bed. Luggage closet which has a "door" = getting to bathroom! Remote incompatible w/TV. -5stars (negative) Entirely not what I expected for my family! Not Kid Friendly! Just another regular double bed " 1960's MOTEL room" ~Breakfast was EXCELLENT~

brockr11
1/3/19

Looking at all of the reviews on Priceline it is obvious that customer satisfaction is not a priority. I booked a trip to Las Vegas and something happened in my family that forced us to have to cancel our trip. 47 days before our trip I called to try and cancel and to my surprise they would not allow me to cancel. They just kept repeating the same thing over and over again.

tracyb102
12/27/18

I used Priceline twice. The first time, I had to change hotels because you get the worst hotels in the most run down areas. My second trip, I had to do the same. Also, I was told by Priceline I had to purchase my seats for Delta. Long story short, I didn't. When I asked for my $100 refund ( cost of four seats). They said, "NO". My $700 trip turned into $1100 for a 2 day stay for seats and another hotel. I will use other sites from now on. You get what you pay for. Lessons learned

jonc192
12/26/18

Tried to purchase a hotel room with Priceline with two queen beds as described on their website. Upon arrival to the hotel the hotel was unable to accommodate the purchase and I was unable to stay at the resort. I contacted Priceline however they refused to refund or support correcting the mistake.
Pricelines customer service was zero help and rude hanging up on me. The hotel staff seemed as though this was a common occurrence while working with Priceline. I will not be using Priceline again and will communicate my disdain with their service at every opportunity

jeffp236
12/26/18

BOOKED ONLINE THRU PRICELINE AND BUDGET RENTAL CAR.
WAS NOT GIVEN OPTION OF PICKUP OR RETURN TIMES. 4PM ISSUED.
FLIGHTS ARE 830. TRIED TO CHANGE RETURN TIME TO 630 PM. NOPE BOTH COMPANIES SAY ITS THE OTHER THAT CAN ONLY MAKE CHANGES....2.5 LATE PENALTY A FULL DAY RENTAL....THE MAN BEHIND ME WAS 12 MINUTES LATE AND WAS CHARGED FULL DAY RENTAL.....SCAM SCAM,SCAM

enriquew5
12/17/18

This is one of the worst company or travel agent that I have dealt with.
I booked a car rental through Priceline on October 19. I then noticed
I made a mistake in the book for a rental car company that i did not
want to go with. I then, within 5 minutes, cancel the reservation
through Priceline app on my phone, and within another 10 minutes, I
received email confirmation from Priceline that confirmed the
cancellation. All these happened within 20 minutes and before the
original scheduled pickup time at the car rental. A month later, I
found out I was being charged by the rental car company for a no-shown
fee because Priceline did not notify the rental car company about the
cancellation until the 20th. Since then, it has been a constant
struggle, especially with Priceline for getting any help. Every
customer support agent on the call has been giving me different stories
and suggestions. Most of Priceline agenets basically said there was
nothing they could do while the rental car company has been pretty clear
and straight stating that as soon as Priceline provides a few pieces of
information to indicate the cancellation was made and received by
Priceline before the scheduled pickup time & date, they would refund
the charge. I don't understand and very surprised by the lack of
cooperation and assistance from Priceline. Instead of just sending an
email with a few pieces of facts/information, Priceline rather wants to
go through this endless bureaucracy & BS with me. Whether
I'm getting the money back from the rental car company or not, this is
the end of any relationship with Priceline after 6 years of using their
services. The occasional money saving you thought you could get
by using Priceline is never worth the trouble and money you may end up
losing when travel arrangement goes wrong, especially now, most hotels
are actually providing guarantee'd low rate directly on their site.
Much better, safer and worry-free to book directly from hotels than
Priceline.

Tip for consumers: Do NOT use Priceline. They will NOT support or even willing to talk to you if ANYTHING goes wrong for your travel booking!!

alissac13
12/11/18

While booking on the phone I offered a hotel that I did not agree to. During the recap they told me the wrong name and offered a different hotel that was a gross and cheap one that I never asked for, said they wouldn't refund it. I am very displeased.

trajcer
12/8/18

The worst experience with priceline! We booked family vacation , flight and hotel in Cancun Mexico with priceline. When we arrived in the hotel The Ritz Carlton, with two little kids , we were told that there is no reservation for us, it was 4 pm , and we were enough tired and exsausted
from the trip.That was a big shock for us,we were so excited for the vacation and priceline ruined it! at all! Hotel stuff,were very surprised how they were not able to find our reservation from priceilne, we gave them printed copy with the confirmation numbers .We start calling priceline, 3 hours spent through voicemails and transfers from one to another person , finally we reached a live person , and another shock, after explaining to priceline representative that we are waiting in the hotel with hours, (with kids that are crying, because of the situation) ,she said "sorry we forgot to reserve the room for you"OMG I can not believe what she said! And she can not do anything now, only if she can "try" to find another hotel for us if is possible nearby! Hotel stuff offered us to book a room directly with them, with double price that we already paid to priceline! We did not have an choice, cause was already late night time.We paid the hotel one more time with double price , because priceline forgot to make hotel reservation fr us! So much bad experience!, never again using them!

rutha97
12/1/18

Priceline sold me a ticket from US to Portugal but the layover at the NY airport would not be not long enough to make it to the international gate. They also did not warn me I needed a round trip per/Portugal law. That forced me to buy another one way at twice the price I would have paid for one round trip. They refused to reimburse me the $400 the airline charged me to change the ticket so I could make the gate. They refused to talk to me because I had called the airline to discover the problems. So they ruined my trip, forced me to pay more for a ticket and fees. They took no responsibility. Did not offer a credit or an apology.

jh365
11/20/18

First let me start by saying that Priceline customer service is overseas. The agents sound like they are in India. I say that because they could care less about any issue that we have as they have a stigma against Amerciann; it is clearly expressed by their lack of empathy and care during interactions. Not a good place to have customer service agents helping people they despise us. The agents were so rude and nasty. Refused to help and blatantly lied.

I received a notification of a purchase made via priceline for $771. I contacted priceline and upon learning of the detail advised that I made no such purchase to go to Jamaica from the United States in two days the week of Thanksgiving and stay in a hotel. They advised me the trip was in my name and that there was nothing they could do as it was an Express Deal. I was advised express deals were non-transferable and non-refundable. I was advised to contact Fraud.

The Fraud department is a joke. He wouldn't even open an case. Said that he didn't have authorization to cancel the charge and I would need to dispute through my bank. It would be easier for them to cancel it than to wait for the payment to post and dispute it with my bank which is bank/credit card procedures. I contacted the hotel ( I wlil write a review for them later). After going back and forth with her, she advised that if Priceline sent the request in writing that she could cancel the reservation. This was on Saturday. I called back and spoke with the first empathetic associate since the nightmare began. She contacted the hotel and spoke with the reservations agent who confirmed our conversation. She then sent out an email to the hotel.

The email was sent at closing time for the reservation office with the hotel. They were also closed on Sunday. I contacted the hotel Monday morning and you couldn't get through to the reservation desk. They claimed it was down and there was no way to redirect the calls. I contacted priceline and spoke to a nasty agent who called over to the hotel. He came back on the line and stated they advised him no refunds. So I called the hotel who advised that he never spoke with the reservations office because of the IT problems. After calling back to Priceline the agent confirmed that he never spoke with the reservations department. He spoke with the front desk. He noted the account to disregard his notes because it was not accurate.

So I called today and got a nasty female who although the notes advised to disregard the liar she kept saying no refunds and refused to call over to the hotel. She then just stopped talking. I hung up and called back and got the second helpful representative out of over 10 calls to Priceline. After being on hold for over 20 minutes she came back to the line. She advised me she spoke with the same agent who attempted to deny the conversation ever took place. She challenged the hotel agent and she admitted that she did agree to the refund. Three days later and $60 in international calls and I finally resolved the issue.

Priceline doesn't even care about a fraud claim. DO NOT USE THEM!

The agreed to price is inclusive. I would look at dollar's website before renting from Priceline. There is no layer of protection from prcln.

By william g.

I'm not sure what you mean by "receive" the e-ticket. I've booked numerous times through priceline and other intermediaries, but have never received a ticket. I would suggest that you look at the itinerary that you've received from priceline and look for the Airline Confirmation Number (which may be a sequence of letters and or numbers depending on the airline). Then go to the airline's website and look up your flight itinerary. This process also varies by airline, but there should be some menu such as "My Trips" or other itinerary look up option. The airline should be able to find your itinerary based on your name and confirmation number. If your priceline itinerary contains an e-ticket number, you may be able to use that on the airline's website as well. If the airline has your itinerary, you're good to go. You'll be able to check in and get a boarding pass (electronic or print) 24 hours prior to your flight. If the airline has no record of you, then you've got a problem.

By Lake R.

No, they have gotten worse! Do not use priceline for anything. If anything is wrong with your reservation they will not give you a refund for whatever reason!

By Denise A.

Don't make a mistake or you will pay dearly. I made a 15 minute error and it cost me $500!

By Roger C.

Did you pay with cc, check your statement.

By Denise A.

It might take a few days but priceline will send you a survey to take where you can rate your stay.

By Eric H.

Never ever use priceline I tried twice once with a hotel they gave me the wrong date. The second was with a rental car . I rented a suv as we needed space for 5 people and it confirmed the suv just to send me a email confirming a compact car. And they would not change it...

By MELISSA T.

The priceline map will show you the area in which the hotel will be. If you do a little homework, you might be able to figure out which hotel it is. Looka at all the 3.5 star hotels in that area, also look at the rating the hotel has like 7 or 6 or 8+, this might help yo figure out the property. There is no guarantee that the hotel is even listed on the view list. Just remember, if you don't like it once you buy that's too bad. You won't get your money back, and you can either be happy with the purchase or just move on to another hotel and pay the going rate. If your willing to gamble go for it, if your not don't do it. I myself have never had a problem. I do my homework and am generally able to figure out the hotel, there was one I was sure of and when I bid and found out the hotel, it was not the one I had counted on, actually it was better. Good luck.

By Phil L.

Cute cat. But like it says in the fine print (of which there are some 3426 pages), buy your travel and then you are locked in for whatever travel arrangements you have selected and which Priceline was able to get for you.

By Walter P.

Don't buy flights from 3rd parties, buy directly from the airline, you don't need any headaches or stress if something goes wrong better to work directly with the airline than through a 3rd party

By Phil L.
Questions? Get answers from the Priceline staff and other customers.

Priceline?