Review of Priceline

Tel: +1.2032998412
hostmaster@priceline.com

almas21
1/8/18

I booked a hotel through Priceline that was refundable within 24 hrs of date. I cancelled 16 days ahead and still have not received my refund. I was not suppose to be charged until I arrived at the hotel but instead I was charged immediately. I called Priceline weeks later to check on my refund. Priceline connects you to Booking.com. The gentleman I spoke to was very condescending and said I needed to send three documents including my bank statement to prove I had been charged. The hotel didn't have any record of my payment because the charge to my account had been by Priceline but the gentleman kept referring to the hotel. Was an extremely frustrating experience and I will never book through Priceline again. At this point I have turned the matter over to my credit union to handle. Still waiting for this issue to be resolved.

anastasiac9
1/3/18

I tried to resolve my issue by phone/email but no one was able to do it. I have a flight in a few hours! It has to be resolved ASAP! I purchased tickets from Priceline and in the booking confirmation, it states "economy class", so the first bag for drop off is free. Especially, the same thing is mentioned on Austrian Airlines website. Also, the Austrian Airline's website states: "Your free baggage allowance is reflected in your ticket or in your booking confirmation". When I started to register for my flight on the second step it's suddenly mentioned that I have "economy light" to which I never agreed on and would never purchase either! Because of this unclear purchase/policy from Priceline website I have to pay the extra fee for the drop off for each passenger round trip! I also paid a regular price for this fair! Economy Light and Economy Class are absolutely two different things! It must be mentioned during the purchase and confirmation! I see this as a subject of fraud! I purchased one thing and at the end, it's something else! It's like you bought Mercedes and received Hyundai. This is definitely fraudulent misrepresentation by law!

tracyl94
1/2/18

Have always booked with Expedia in the past. Tried Priceline. Never again. First, they cancelled half of a round-trip I booked months in advance, no compensation, to a completely different day on which I could not travel, so had to pay more to re-book with another airline. Customer service at Priceline just said "too bad" that it cost me hundreds more to re-book months later. Then trying to select a seat, and trying to check in for the Priceline flights was a pain, no confirmation numbers, no seat selection, no check in online, crappy service!!! Could not do any of it online. Have to wait to check in at the airport. Never had this with Expedia. Don't book with Priceline. Terrible.

nymulh
1/1/18

I booked a ticket from JFK to BD for 723$ in saudia airlines through priceline.I bought it approximately 75 days prior to my flight for 19th of December 2017. On 18th December at 2 pm someone from customer care called me and asked me whether I have a visa for saudi arabia and informed me for the first time that I need a visa for a layover more than 12 hours. As it was not mentioned anywhere at the time of purchase I didnt have a visa. Even I didnt have the time to apply for a visa as it was only 26 hours prior to me flight. When I mentioned that it was not my fault, they kept saying that they are sorry but they cannot do anything. They did not bother to offer me any alternatives as well. They simply insisted me to cancel my ticket and asked to manage it on my own. On top of that they curtailed a cancellation fee of 150 $ from the refunded amount. I had to to buy another 1323$ flight as my wedding was scheduled on 25th. Worst experience so far in booking an international flight.

cindyj59
12/31/17

On 12/31/17, booked a hotel reservation through Priceline for the Gaylord National Harbor NYE 2017, thinking I was getting the lowest price guaranteed according to the Priceline statements/advertisements everywhere on your reservation confirmation and at their website. What I later learned was that I paid nearly $40 more using Priceline, then if I used the Gaylord website. When I inquired with the Priceline Rep, he told me I did not read the Terms first. I told Rep I did not see "Terms" on their home website or anyplace visible when I was booking my reservation. The Rep told me the Terms are not at their homepage or visible on the reservation page where you select your room and pay. Rep told me the Terms are located in a different location online. When I asked Priceline Rep to show me, Rep took me 4-clicks away from the homepage/reservation page, to a webpage that explained the "Terms" of the "We Guarantee the Lowest Price on Everything You Book." Rep had me read the statement, " must be available to the public." Priceline Rep tole me if you are a AAA/CAA, Senior Discount, Government & Military, Corporate/promotional code customer, you DO NOT get the Priceline "We Guarantee the Lowest Price on Everything You Book offer or refund on difference. It is appalling to know Priceline is hiding their Terms from unsuspecting customers. Priceline does not disclose that AAA/CAA, Senior Discount, Government & Military, Corporate/promotional code customer do not qualify at their homepage/reservation page. Priceline has False Advertisement information at their homepage/reservation page, and deliberately keep their guarantee lowest price Terms hidden so consumers will not see Priceline does NOT guarantee the lowest price. If you are a AAA/CAA, Senior Discount, Government & Military, Corporate/promotional code customer, do not use Priceline, they are not the lowest price you will receive, and they will not refund the difference. I will NEVER use Priceline again.

keqh
12/29/17

priceline.com gave us misleading itinerary information. The emails says our flight is American Airline in terminal B of SJC, but there is no American Airline in terminal B at all. And we had to walk between terminal A and B and finally missed our flight. When we called the customer service about this issue, they refuse to refund the extra charge due to re-scheduling. I actually want to gave priceline.com 0 start!

bobh194
12/26/17

NEVER NEVER EVER BOOK THREW PRICELINE. There website is completely misleading. They show a price and then in small print, on the last page (at the bottom), they say "prices in $US". This is extremely misleading and it cost me 31.7% more than is should have.

I booked two nights in a motel in Northern Alberta Canada so why would i think for a minute that i would be charged in $US? I was charged $212.76 US which converted to $280.28 (Canadian dollars) This is ridiculous and extremely misleading. Pretty good work if you can get to make an additional 31.7% on all of the unsuspecting Canadians you SWINDLE.

I spend about an hour chatting to two different people at priceline about this and got absolutely nowhere!!!!

i TRIED TO GET OUT OF THE SECOND NIGHT AS WORK ALLOWED THAT I COULD LEAVE EARLY FOR CHRISTMAS AND THEY ADVISED THEIR CANCELLATION POLICY DIDN'T ALLOW IT!! tHUS I PAID $280.28 FOR A ROOM THAT SHOULD HAVE ONLY COST ME $103 cdn PLUS ~ $8 TAXES.

PRICELINE IS THE BIGGEST RIP OFF I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH.

NEVER EVER EVER BOOK WITH PRICLINE!!!!!

michaelr419
12/26/17

I scheduled 2 flights through PriceLine - found a better price for $239 less per ticket. Apparently the price guarantee is only good for 24 hours. They didnt offer any assistance or remedy to resolve my issue. Feeling crappy! I will never use Priceline again and I recommend you dont use them either!

Tip for consumers: Don’t use Priceline - save yourself some money!

stevea112
12/22/17

Policies are geared against the customer. Non- refundable payments mean that hotel service really lacks in quality.

ew684
12/19/17

Placed a bid on a hotel based on the examples of hotels available for a specific star rating. I was given a reservation for a hotel included in a lower star rating. I called customer service who was not helpful and insisted that the examples are just that. They are not real and do not represent how they rate specific hotels. In other words, bid low and you end up in a cheap lower rating hotel. False advertising and misleading information. Don't fall for it. Just book directly with the hotel next time. Never again!

jeffk71
12/19/17

Be aware that Priceline uses another booking service (Agoda) for hotels in India. Priceline does not inform you of this. Agoda did not complete the booking with the hotel. Neither Priceline nor Agoda communicated this. Priceline confirmed and guaranteed the prepaid booking so it appears that it is all set. When I showed up at the hotel to check-in, I was told that Agoda declined the reservation and in any event no rooms are available. I called Priceline, they stated it was not their problem and passed me along to an Agoda rep. A refund was offered and I accepted just to have it resolved. Be aware that Priceline DOES NOT support you when booking in India through them

elliotts21
12/13/17

I've had many dealings with them, most of the time negative, but this last one was the last straw. Among the many concerns I've had with them was their lack of transparency in the fees for their site and the hotels they advertise through Priceline Express. I've rented 2 hotels through them that lacked any mention of a $22+ parking fee per night, which only told you once you agreed to purchase and pay for the hotel. When I contacted customer service, not only did they not show any empathy, they completely brushed it aside and said "there's nothing I can do." So what they may advertise as a $80 hotel turns into $100 due to fees and taxes and then an extra $22+ for parking per night. So it advertises as $80/night and you pay $125/night.

However this last time, that was it. I'm a student at UTMB in Galveston, and had to drive up here to escape the flooding and hurricanes. I had nowhere else to stay and was on a tight budget, so went for a 2.5 star hotel. This place is not anywhere near a 2.5 star and they should not be offered to any guests. The least horrific part first was that there were many dead $#*!roaches in the bathroom. Okay, whatever, the rest of the room seemed clean, so I tossed them in the toilet and went about my day, I'm not very high maintenenced. The entire night was a disaster.
#1 - The neighbors were slamming the door the entire night coming in and out and yelling at each other. When I went out there to see what was going on, it was quite obvious to me that there was some type of drug activity going on.
#2 - Looked out the window when I saw sirens, police would periodically monitor the parking lot throughout the night because there were sketchy looking figures everywhere ...
#3 - If you looked directly across from my room to the neighboring motel, you would see some of the tenants from the hotel I was staying out walking over there, purchasing drugs from a guy standing outside of his door (they'd give money, he would duck in grab it, and then bring it back out - so damn obvious).
#4 - Looked out about 4:00am because I heard a bunch of voices outside my window. 4 people were hot wiring a mini-van. Called the police and they responded eventually.
#5 - All throughout the stay multiple people would walk up to the housekeeping staff saying they left their keys in their room. They would just let them in any room without double checking. I saw the same woman go into 3 different rooms asking 3 different members from the housekeeping staff to open the door. I then went to yelp to look at the reviews and saw multiple complaints of people having stuff stolen from their room. Well there's your reason.
7am came around with maybe an hour of sleep and I got out of there as fast as possible. No way was that place a 2.5 star worth $75 / night. Took it to Priceline and they basically said "thanks for letting us know, we'll take it into concern when we renew our contracts." No empathy, no 'let us make it right', basically just a SOL, you're out of money, a restful stay, and we didn't even provide you with a safe place to stay for your money.

Goodbye Priceline, you are worthless, lack transparency, and have horrible customer service. I'd rather spend more of my small budget on a company with morals and transparency that puts their customers first.

jasont120
12/8/17

Very misleading, as a Canadian booking another Canadian hotel, the price quoted was in USD, but it never showed up that it was in USD until the credit card was inputted and then it was too late to cancel (24 hour cancellation). Called the Priceline helpline and got attitude from a Chinese call centre receptionist who couldn't understand the fact that both US and Canadians are using a dollar, not a Euro, Wan or Peso and therefore it should be clear what currency you are booking a room in. Wouldn't it be nice if there were call centre staff based in the same bloody country you are calling from and actually understood the difference between a Canadian and US dollar????

chunkersm
12/8/17

After spending days submitting bids on priceline for rental car, starting at $21/day, resubmitting by $1 more each time, they finally accepted my $34 offer and I booked. Mind you cars were renting for $37/day everywhere else. Within 1 hours I rec'd an email from priceline titled "About your trip to.... on such & such date" . This email offered me car rentals starting at $9. I thought it was a joke. So I proceeded to book a car at $9/day all the way through entering the cc info and it let me do it so it was legitimate. I got on priceline and started a chat. They were of NO help. They would not change it. They kept saying the same thing over and over "The cancellation policy is clearly outlined in the reservation before you book." The End. You're Screwed! Not worth the small discounts they offer. You have much more flexibility paying the extra $10.

marcw41
12/2/17

Booked a room through Express Deal and right afterwards a pop up with a lower price. Called in within 10 mins. and was told can't cancel and they can't match b/c the reservation is within 12 hrs. BS

shaundac3
11/29/17

WHEN YOU PURCHASE THROUGH PRICELINE, YOU WILL NOT GET THE BEST DEAL AND ONCE YOUR PURCHASE HAS CLEARED, YOU CANNOT GET A REFUND OR CREDIT WITHOUT PAYING HIGH FEES TO DO SO, EVEN IF THE COMPANY YOU ARE GETTING SERVICES OR PRODUCT FROM HASN'T BEEN PAID YET. READ THE FINE PRINT. I AM SO DONE WITH PRICELINE, I AM READY TO CANCEL THIS CREDIT CARD. PLEASE SPREAD SO PEOPLE CAN BOYCOTT PRICELINE AND MAKE THEM DROP THEIR FEES AND CANCEL THIER (NON) PRACTICES. THEY DONT BREAKDOWN THEIR FEES YOU ARE PAYING. THEY ARE VERY DECEITFUL ABOUT WHAT THEY ARE DOING UNTIL THE PURCHASE HAS GONE THROUGH

ls164
11/27/17

I'd have to call the blatant misrepresentation of which currency you are spending, a scam. I' ve used their services before and when you checkout, you are then informed that you are spending US$. Now, they don't tell you at all. They just hit your credit card for US funds - An un-suspecting hotel shopper would be surprised when they get their bill.

dawalynl
11/25/17

I called to make changes to my flight and to cancel they sent me to everybody but a person who could help I even had insurance on the ticket an they told me the insurance was a 3rd party they have nothing to do with I explained I had a death in the family an they did not care they told me send them documents to get my money back I will never use this service again just go directly to the air port it will be less hassle Im very dissatisfied with this service makes me feel everyone in America is scamming people out their money

davidb815
11/24/17

I booked a hotel and rental car with separate reservations and it was a nightmare to try and cancel. They play the game of sending you back and forth with the hotel, car rental agency, etc. hoping youll give up and will be charged full price. Promised to get back with me and never did. Your much better off booking direct with your hotel or car rental agency even if you have to pay more, then at least you can cancel without a Redicoulous penalty. Believe me if you have any savings at all its not worth it because your trapped and will end up costing you more if you have any changes. Remember to always book direct with a hotel or car rental agency!

grahamp20
11/13/17

Priceline Customer Service:
My family ordered our very first airline tickets from Priceline last Spring. After a few difficult years (divorce, foreclosure, deaths in the family, etc.), my adult children and I decided that a Christmas spent out of townsomeplace warm and sunnywould be the ideal Christmas gift for all of us.
I had never ordered tickets from Priceline before, but we decided to do so. We always buy flight insuranceand this time was no different. The destination we chose?
Puerto Rico.
Our hearts go out to the people of Puerto Rico, and we would love to visit there sometime, but 2017 is definitely not our year to vacation there. We have respectfully requested a refund of our tickets at least twice and were denied both times.
It is absolutely impossible for the four of us to find a time we can travel together by the voucher deadline (date of purchase, May 9.) Nor do we want a dream vacation to turn in to a rushed, last-minute trip that we only take because well have wasted flights otherwise.
Please re-consider your refund policy and allow the refund of at least two of our four tickets that were purchased for Puerto Rico this Christmas. It was a big financial commitment to treat all of us to such a trip. Imagine my distress when I learned the flight insurance I had purchased did not protect me from Hurricane Maria and its aftermath.
Thank you for re-considering. Your commercials advertise your great rates, and Im hoping you can be noted for your great customer service, as well.
Sincerely,

Nancy Williams Parks and Family

zacks29
11/2/17

I don't know where to begin. Priceline is a joke.

I booked a trip with an ex to Halifax in August 2017. Right before, we broke up. We were instructed that we would be charged a fee but could rebook the flight at a later date.

I call in October 2017 to work out the details of the credits. I'm told that I have a flight credit for $250 (our of the $350 I spent originally). I call back two days later to book and that flight credit goes down $25 with an additional fee added. She woman explains that I was misinformed by a previous rep.

I find a flight that is $600 on Priceline's website. I would like to book that flight. Sure enough, that $600 isn't valid for rebooking and the price shoots up $675 ($75 more than the website). So, my $350 originally spent is now worth $150 ($350 minus $100 minus $25 minus $75).

Long story short, I take the hit because I don't want to leave any money on the table.
I book. I explicitly ask them NOT to send the confirmation email to my ex's email address that is on file. What do they do? Send the conformation email to my ex's email address on file. Not only that, they completely FAIL to send it to me.

I use the chat feature furious over yet another inconvenience. The woman on the chat can't help me.

I call their system. She assures me that the confirmation email has been sent to my email address. I hang up and refresh my email inbox. Nothing.

Priceline sucks. Steer clear at all costs.

cindya54
10/16/17

Booked emergency room in Paw Paw Michigan. Traveling with limited funds. The room we booked required a $250 credit hold to pay for damages or smoking in the rooms. Did not have available credit limit on card but we did have cash which we offered to cover the deposit with cash funds. Hotel refused our checked in and cancelled reservation. Priceline is refusing to refund as the room we booked was non-refundable. I completely understand non-refundable if it is our issue but in this case we offered to cover the deposit with cash which hotel refused. Priceline did not indicate there would be a $250 deposit required. For goodness sakes this was a 2-star hotel. Who on Earth would think deposit of $250 was expected? And why wouldn't Priceline clearly state this?

johns1937
10/10/17

My wife was racing to be at her mothers dying bedside and Booked a flight and a rental car with Priceline. I like saving a bit of money, but full disclosure would be the order of the day. They did not tell me that the flights on United did not allow a carry on bag. After flight was booked there was no way to upgrade, change or fix the problem. Then her flight out of San Diego was delayed due to fog, which meant she missed the connection in SFO. I tried to notify Avis that she would be on a later flight and they would not talk to me because I booked through Priceline. I contacted Priceline and got some jerk named Peter who was rude and condescending and could not be bothered to make sure Avis would take care of my wife. I have used Priceline for years and was always happy with the service. Something has changed and never again will they have my business. When I asked for a manager, this jerk Peter hung up on me. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!

kayj27
10/10/17

I tried to cancel a reservation 4 days before arrival. I couldn't make my reservation due to my mother being ill and in the hospital. They requested a noted from the hospital stating that she was in there. Hospitals don't just give out notes they charge you for it.
I tried going up the chain of management and they kept spewing their corporate policies with no compassion. I will never book through a third party or OTA again. I will pay alittle xtra and call the hotel directly.

rhondac31
10/7/17

i booked a non smoking room but the hotel didnt have a non smoking room but sold me a room that was awful with cigarette smoke the hotel said they didnt have a room that hadnt been smoked in so priceline fraudulently book me a room

The agreed to price is inclusive. I would look at dollar's website before renting from Priceline. There is no layer of protection from prcln.

By william g.

I'm not sure what you mean by "receive" the e-ticket. I've booked numerous times through priceline and other intermediaries, but have never received a ticket. I would suggest that you look at the itinerary that you've received from priceline and look for the Airline Confirmation Number (which may be a sequence of letters and or numbers depending on the airline). Then go to the airline's website and look up your flight itinerary. This process also varies by airline, but there should be some menu such as "My Trips" or other itinerary look up option. The airline should be able to find your itinerary based on your name and confirmation number. If your priceline itinerary contains an e-ticket number, you may be able to use that on the airline's website as well. If the airline has your itinerary, you're good to go. You'll be able to check in and get a boarding pass (electronic or print) 24 hours prior to your flight. If the airline has no record of you, then you've got a problem.

By Lake R.

No, they have gotten worse! Do not use priceline for anything. If anything is wrong with your reservation they will not give you a refund for whatever reason!

By Denise A.

Don't make a mistake or you will pay dearly. I made a 15 minute error and it cost me $500!

By Roger C.

Did you pay with cc, check your statement.

By Denise A.

It might take a few days but priceline will send you a survey to take where you can rate your stay.

By Eric H.

Never ever use priceline I tried twice once with a hotel they gave me the wrong date. The second was with a rental car . I rented a suv as we needed space for 5 people and it confirmed the suv just to send me a email confirming a compact car. And they would not change it...

By MELISSA T.

The priceline map will show you the area in which the hotel will be. If you do a little homework, you might be able to figure out which hotel it is. Looka at all the 3.5 star hotels in that area, also look at the rating the hotel has like 7 or 6 or 8+, this might help yo figure out the property. There is no guarantee that the hotel is even listed on the view list. Just remember, if you don't like it once you buy that's too bad. You won't get your money back, and you can either be happy with the purchase or just move on to another hotel and pay the going rate. If your willing to gamble go for it, if your not don't do it. I myself have never had a problem. I do my homework and am generally able to figure out the hotel, there was one I was sure of and when I bid and found out the hotel, it was not the one I had counted on, actually it was better. Good luck.

By Phil L.

Cute cat. But like it says in the fine print (of which there are some 3426 pages), buy your travel and then you are locked in for whatever travel arrangements you have selected and which Priceline was able to get for you.

By Walter P.

Don't buy flights from 3rd parties, buy directly from the airline, you don't need any headaches or stress if something goes wrong better to work directly with the airline than through a 3rd party

By Phil L.
Questions? Get answers from the Priceline staff and other customers.

13 Photos for Priceline