Review of Priceline

Tel: 1 (877) 477-5807
executive.services@priceline.com

ginnya8
7/21/19

I booked a car online weeks before my trip, including prepayment. Upon arrival the rental car company required I have my insurance card (even though I purchased their insurance) and $400 deposit on a credit card!!

That would have been great info to have up front. I was 1/2 way across the US and didn't bring a card with that much on it. I was left stranded without a car, had to shuttle back to the airport and then rent a car at 3x the cost, because it was a "walk up."

Here is the only info provided from Priceline on my booking confirmation,

"Important Information

The driver must present a valid driver's license at the counter and a credit card in his/her name. Additional drivers may be added at the counter for a fee. Additional charges may apply if you pick-up or drop-off the car at a different date, time, or location than your reservation."

cathyc204
7/18/19

I was a regular user of Priceline until my last trip. The hotel that I booked was horrible - it smelled and was not clean. I immediately called Priceline and they said that as long as the manager approved the refund, Priceline would refund the money. The manager sent an email approval, but Priceline still charged my card and refuses to provide a refund. As a result, I paid for an empty room for 1 week. I have tried to get my bank to dispute but they said Priceline will not budge. We would not have checked out if we hadn't been told by Priceline that we would get a refund once the hotel manager approved. I have even tried emailing Priceline management but no response. What a ripoff company. I will do whatever I can do influence as many people to ban Priceline.

karena339
7/18/19

Arrive at LAX go to get my car at Fox Rental Car and there's a three-hour wait line unbelievable. Spend $60 on an Uber ride because I have no rental car get to the hotel which is very highly overrated for a 4-star hotel the phone didn't even work the windows were so filthy couldn't even see the view. Trip was cut short because we had no car but had a horrible hotel to stay in you go Priceline good job should have read your Yelps in the first place my fault. The only thing good was the airline trip which was sponsored by Delta not Priceline you're a fraud. Again scam alert scam alert.

ronaldm257
7/17/19

Be very careful when booking with this company. Big bold price but does not see what currency. Small print down the bottom us funds. They all there bases covered. After complaining they explained how they cover there but. Click on the top left corner scroll all the way down look for currency bla bla bla. Any ways I ended up paying 35% more than I should have.
Lesson learned
NEVER AGAIN WILL I EVER USE THEM !!

traviss110
7/16/19

Went online to do the chat with them because we had to adjust our flight and rental car. Adjusting the flight was no problem as it was through Southwest Airlines. When the Priceline rep first thought I said I wanted to extend my rental car he was going to be fine with it. When I said I needed to cut it short by three days he said I would be charged the entire amount of one week Wether I return early or not. I gave him a chance to change his mind, he still said no too bad that's our policy. When I told him I would never use them again he said sorry you feel that way good night and hung up. Clearly, they have gotten so big, they have forgotten where they came from and what customer service is all about. The joke is it's going to cost them Way more when people read all the terrible reviews and we never use them again. Greed is always the demise.

amyw405
7/15/19

Booked to stay at the Hyatt in LA next to the airport. Our plane from Australia was delayed and then rescheduled for the following morning meaning we would miss our hotel booking. I called Priceline to cancel and request a refund. Priceline said the hotel would not give a refund therefore Priceline couldn't. I called the Hyatt who told me that as it was booked through Priceline it is their decision not the Hyatt. I argued with Priceline for our $317 AUD refund and got nothing....

janices223
7/15/19

I book a car for one week through Priceline July 2019. The priceline price for the car was $40 per day. I returned the car after 2 days and was charged $22 more per day, That amount does not include fees. I will never go through priceline for any reservations again.

als207
7/13/19

Terrible people , all about making money on you . You make a wrong move- they screw you big time in every way possible .
Stay away at any cost!!!

ericab123
7/13/19

So I booked a room on June 24th and North Jackson would Priceline and on their site it said that the motel allow pets I had my dog with me the only way I could get the rate was by propane when I talked to the motel they said they did not allow pets in Priceline was incorrect. I called Priceline to cancel because I could not stay there with my dog and they said they were going to call the motel themselves they admitted that they looked at the information on the motel and the motel did say it allowed pets. The representative put me on hold for a while and then came back and said he couldn't get ahold of anybody at the motel and said he would have to call me back and he would call me back in a couple hours. I never heard from Priceline again so today on July 13th I called to find out why I never heard from anybody the representative informed me that they had never been able to get ahold of anybody at the motel until two days ago. He said they sent me an e-mail I found the email in the email they said that they did not guaranteed at that Motel allow dogs and they would not refund my money. It was very clearly on their website that that Motel allowed dogs and refuse to return my money I will never use Priceline again they are nothing but a rip off do not make a mistake of using these people. I'm out $75 because of them.

alanh255
7/12/19

Booked loads of hotels, car hire etc but very poor customer service. Car hire ended up costing over double with insurance add on. Booked 3.5 star hotel on bidding section was given 3 star Hostel which was cheaper booking everywhere else. They refused price match and to change or cancel booking. Will never use again again as can not be trusted.

edm246
7/11/19

I recently booked a hotel through PRICELINE. The hotel amenities were incorrect. They advertised a pool and there wasn't a pool. Not too big of a deal. It was the customer service area which would not take responsibility for the mistake. After waiting 12 minutes, giving the representative my information 3 times, they told me that they use HOTEL.COM and I should complain to them..
I'll never use them again.

laurieb153

DO NOT use this company.
Their 888-724-1575 Guest reservations number charged my card $232.87 for a room at the Fairfield Inn at the Portland Airport that was $179 + tax.
I informed the reservations agent I was leaving my car in their parking lot for an extra three days. He said he would charge me an extra $25.00 for that. When I checked in the front desk informed me a third-party site cannot charge for incidentals. So I was charged another $35.00 because they do charge for incidentals.
I contacted this number and a very nasty agent would not tell me the name of this company and she said she cannot change my credit card.
I am now in a Credit card dispute based on the illegal activity of reservations R1541058152

vickieh61
7/11/19

Priceline is a crooked business must be ran by the mafia. I will never use them again. If i wanted to take this to civil court i could win with flying colors

jennyn53
7/10/19

I booked 2 rooms in Fort Worth but had car trouble and just needed to change my reservation to Midland but was told that Priceline is firm with their policy and they could not help me. I will gladly pay more in the future and never use Priceline again.

cheryla165
7/10/19

HORRIBLE SERVICE!!
I read some of the posts and I agree avoid this company!!!
I booked a hotel last week and the only filter I chose was a Pet friendly hotel, paid upfront for 2 nights. On the day I packed up my dogs in 100 degree weather and headed across the border from Montreal to Plattsburgh, NY. I get there and hotel states they don't allow pets. Here I was stranded in 100 degrees with the dogs across the border with nowhere to sleep. I had to find a hotel that would accept me and my 2-6lb chihuahuas. I was so frustrated with the service I got on the phone, they refuse to reimburse me even though I had proof!!!!!! I had taken a screen shot of my confirmation and the night I booked the hotel because I didn't want to use my data across the border. I've spent 3 hours on the phone with priceline, spoke with a supervisor and even sent them my screen shots. Still no refund...I've been waiting for someone to get back to me.

bingol2
7/9/19

I book a round trip ticket from Portland OR to Shanghai China, in May 2019. three weeks before departure, I found out there was a error, my name was printed backward, priceline refuse to correct it, won't issue me another ticket, neither refund me the money, just took my $850.
I call them six time, spend 5 hours, beg them, all I get is a bad accent lady from India, repeat saying "NO REFUND" like a broken record! please! you can get air ticket from anyone, but DON'T DEAL WITH PRICELINE! any error happen, they just took your money, kick you out! never act like regular human being.

baleb1
7/9/19

I am extremely upset with my experience with price line.com. I was scammed out of a large amount of $. I used the site to make plane and hotel reservation and during the process, I wanted to talk with an agent who informed me to go through the steps of getting even a better deal. the operator on the phone instructed me to do things that I did. as a result, I lost a big amount of money and trust in this online company. I am writing this to warn other people about the scams of this site. Ripped off.

ryanc442
7/9/19

Decided to book a room through priceline.com. For one night and 1 room (I have 3 adults to book a room for most hotels will sleep 4 adults per room) Saw the 2.5 Star Express and chose it since what was in the area were all decent and it's one night. Get all the way to confirmation before it tells me that the room will only sleep 2 adults. Call priceline support after 30 minutes of back and forth about the lack of info on how many per room and lack of available user input to tell them i have 3 adults to sleep before selecting a room i get the old sorry we can't help and we won't give you a refund "Just book another room". I can't book another room in the area because there aren't any.
STAY AWAY FROM PRICELINE.COM

alexl343
7/7/19

I design websites for a living and this was an awful user experience. They failed to copy the correct dropoff time to the hertz partner site and then refused to remedy their error. Instead, they fousted this passive aggressive powerless user service rep on me who proceeded to offer they cancel my reservation for ONLY $45 dollars. Bye priceline.

mirianr1
7/6/19

Really bad customer service, they don't help at all, disappointed INCREIBLE BAD SERVICE, BAD HOTELS THEY CHOOSE INSTEAD OF HOTELS THEY GIVE MOTELS NOT FEELING SECURE AT ALL I AM TRAVELING WITH MY FAMILY AND WANTED TO CHANGE THE HOTEL EVEN IF I HAD TO PAY MORE AND THEY DIDNT HELP ME. SO I SAID IF SOMETHING HAPPENS TO MY FAMILY AND ME, PRICELINE WILL BE RESPONSIBLE

js730
7/6/19

Unbelievably bad i'm 73 and I will admit I'm not the best on the computer but their website was so stupid my two-year-old granddaughter could build a better one after four hours of trying to figure out how to get my ticket I gave up and cancel even after I called customer service went to just fly.com I was done in 15 minutes got the exact same flight For the exact same price I'll never do Priceline again

kennethg154
7/5/19

Some of their car rentals have a no refund or no cancellation even if you cancel long before the planned rental. They do not make it perfectly clear. You have to read the contract concerning cancellations and refunds. I know I made a mistake not reading that before I made the purchase and when I made the purchase, it was not mentioned. Now they took my money and refused to refund it even though they can re rent the same car I rented. I will never use Priceline again. I feel that I have been ripped off.

corlissaa
7/3/19

This is such a rip off I don't understand why airlines let them book their flights. I got booked to fly into newburgh NY instead of NY like I booked to fly out of. They charged me 15.oo right away when I got frustrated and cancelled and couldn't change anything to come back to NY unless I paid an extra 250dollars. This trip was to say goodby to my best friend who died. What a sham. Here is to price line going bankrupt sooner rather than later. And hopefully the owner of this will feel bad enough to commit suicide.

donaldk152
7/1/19

I am a first time user that will NEVER use Priceline a second time. I was ripped off. On June 21, 2019, I used Priceline website for a hotel reservation. Within minutes of making the reservation, I received the confirmation and realized that I booked the hotel for the wrong date, July 4-5 instead of June 21-22. I immediately contacted Priceline via the chat feature and the representative said she worked with the hotel and was able to make the change to book the hotel on the correct date and that everything was "resolved." I used the hotel booking and assumed all was well. However, on July 1st, I received an email from Priceline about the hotel booking again, for July 4-5. Once again, I immediately reached out to Priceline via the chat feature. The agent told me that the booking had been "resolved" but the hotel would not reverse the charges. I went back and forth on what Priceline thought the meaning of "resolved" meant but finally gave up. I contacted the hotel and they told me that I would not be charged for the July 4-5 booking, it had been cancelled. They let me know that Priceline collects the money up front and it is Priceline that is not going to refund my money. I confirmed that I had not been charged by the hotel, just Priceline. The fact is, Priceline keeps your money whether you use a reservation or not.BEWARE OF USING 3rd PARTY PROVIDERSI will never do it again, even if it save a few bucks.

mirandak33
7/1/19

I made a reservation for my daughter and I as I was taking her to the beach for the first time. I left after work and drove 5 hours to the hotel. When I got there (Extended Stay-Stafford) the front dek agent, "Rondell", said "No, there are no rooms." He was VERY unconcerned and did not attempt to offer any solutions. I stood there in disbelief in the middle of the night (3AM). He said "I don't know why Priceline let you do that because we are booked. They do it all the time." That was it. I called Priceline and they were EQUALLY unconcerned. Houston is a HUGE city. They told me they could refund my money or find me a different room. I asked them to find me another room. The PRiceline agent came back on the line and said "I'm sorry, there are NO rooms available in our inventory." With a crying baby, I had to make phone calls from my car in a strange city and was luckily able to find a Holiday Inn a few minutes away. Why couldn't Priceline do this or go outside of their inventory for emergency situations like these, since it was THEIR booking and hotel that left me without a place to stay? I used Priceline several times a year for years. I never will again.

The agreed to price is inclusive. I would look at dollar's website before renting from Priceline. There is no layer of protection from prcln.

By william g.

I'm not sure what you mean by "receive" the e-ticket. I've booked numerous times through priceline and other intermediaries, but have never received a ticket. I would suggest that you look at the itinerary that you've received from priceline and look for the Airline Confirmation Number (which may be a sequence of letters and or numbers depending on the airline). Then go to the airline's website and look up your flight itinerary. This process also varies by airline, but there should be some menu such as "My Trips" or other itinerary look up option. The airline should be able to find your itinerary based on your name and confirmation number. If your priceline itinerary contains an e-ticket number, you may be able to use that on the airline's website as well. If the airline has your itinerary, you're good to go. You'll be able to check in and get a boarding pass (electronic or print) 24 hours prior to your flight. If the airline has no record of you, then you've got a problem.

By Lake R.

No, they have gotten worse! Do not use priceline for anything. If anything is wrong with your reservation they will not give you a refund for whatever reason!

By Denise A.

Don't make a mistake or you will pay dearly. I made a 15 minute error and it cost me $500!

By Roger C.

Did you pay with cc, check your statement.

By Denise A.

It might take a few days but priceline will send you a survey to take where you can rate your stay.

By Eric H.

The priceline map will show you the area in which the hotel will be. If you do a little homework, you might be able to figure out which hotel it is. Looka at all the 3.5 star hotels in that area, also look at the rating the hotel has like 7 or 6 or 8+, this might help yo figure out the property. There is no guarantee that the hotel is even listed on the view list. Just remember, if you don't like it once you buy that's too bad. You won't get your money back, and you can either be happy with the purchase or just move on to another hotel and pay the going rate. If your willing to gamble go for it, if your not don't do it. I myself have never had a problem. I do my homework and am generally able to figure out the hotel, there was one I was sure of and when I bid and found out the hotel, it was not the one I had counted on, actually it was better. Good luck.

By Phil L.

Never ever use priceline I tried twice once with a hotel they gave me the wrong date. The second was with a rental car . I rented a suv as we needed space for 5 people and it confirmed the suv just to send me a email confirming a compact car. And they would not change it...

By MELISSA T.

Cute cat. But like it says in the fine print (of which there are some 3426 pages), buy your travel and then you are locked in for whatever travel arrangements you have selected and which Priceline was able to get for you.

By Walter P.

Don't buy flights from 3rd parties, buy directly from the airline, you don't need any headaches or stress if something goes wrong better to work directly with the airline than through a 3rd party

By Phil L.
Questions? Get answers from the Priceline staff and other customers.

Priceline?