Review of Priceline

Tel: +1-203-299-8917
leslie.cafferty@priceline.com

berthac29
4/22/19

I made a reservation for 2 nights didn't use them and was charged not even offered any help whatsoever. No credit towards any other stays in the future! NOTHING

mattc258
4/21/19

Booked a room in Madison, WI through Priceline. I needed the room for the night and Pricelines website said I was getting the room for the night, but the hotel wouldn't let me check in til the next day. I called Priceline and they refused to refund my money. They then called the hotel and they also refused.

Be very weary of Priceline!!!

mohamedy14
4/21/19

Be aware Priceline. I booked a hotel online for 2 nights. They have charged me a fees and i did not see any where on Priceline where they have mentioned any fees. That is dishonest. other companies never charged me any fees when i booked online. They should let us know if they charge fees. I would have cancelled, but my trip is nonrefundable. I will never use Priceline again. Online booking shouldn't be any fees.

waynel116
4/21/19

Visited Priceline a few times and left NOT impress with their deals at all. I was seeing if they have better deals than Travelocity. From my experience ..... NOT!

Just from the reviews..... it's wise to STAY AWAY, even if Capt Kirk tells you otherwise. HAHAHA!

kathleenb381
4/20/19

I had the worst experience with Priceline yesterday. I purchased a hotel room that said one king and one double bed with breakfast. When I got the confirmation email it to only said that I had a one bed hotel room. I called to get it corrected and Priceline would do absolutely nothing about it. They said that the hotel does not have two bed hotel rooms available so I asked for a refund . They of course because of their policy cannot give refunds for my room. They completely faults advertised the room saying it was two beds with a breakfast and I am stuck with a one bed hotel room. I am furious that they can falsely advertise and not back it up. I will never use Priceline again. I have read many reviews like this where the hotel room was advertised as something different than what somebody purchased and Priceline will not correct their error or remove it off their website. So frustrated. Have never had such poor customer service from anywhere. Will never use them again. I really thought that by using a well known website such as Priceline that I would be safe but had no clue that this frequently happens to customers.

garyr285
4/19/19

Priceline is garbage. Don't use these idiots. Very disrespectful. They book you a flight and if you need to change it, they tell you that you need to purchase another ticket. Complete and total garbage

susanf335
4/18/19

Priceline said the room could be cancelled if it was cancelled before 12 pm the day before the date you were supposed to stay. DON'T BELIEVE IT! I WAS CHARGED $327 AND I'M A REGULAR CUSTOMER..... NOT ANYMORE.

miltonr26
4/16/19

Made rental car reservation worst day of my life going back to Ortbitz not worth my time.Poor customer service

kerrit8
4/16/19

I went to book an hotel with Priceline And when I typed in all my card info it said the card could not be processed. And the room was not booked. When I checked the bank, they had taken the money out. Not only Once , but 3 TIMES!!!! so I called and they said that it was a authorized charged and the money was held and that it would be on the bank to remove the hold. Well I call the bank and they say no, I done it on debit and the money was taken!!!! So Priceline took my money & keep denying and denying! So now I'm out over 300 dollars with NO HOTEL ROOM!!!! opening a case with the bank now against Priceline to get my money back.

valariea6
4/16/19

DO NOT Book your trip with Priceline. I booked a trip on Saturday, 4/13 to sunny San Diego, CA. The website was experiencing issues so I called customer service. Customer service apologized, said they can't book anything for me so I had to keep tying on the site by refreshing the page until the transaction would go through. Well... I did just that. Got a flight, hotel and car rental I did not book. This was NOT the information that was on their "contract" page as they call it. As soon as I got the confirmation email I called them to let them know what was going on. They kept saying "contract page was shown to you before completion of booking".. I kept explaining it was a technical issue to which they replied "we can't help you". I was able to correct my return flight and the lady did cancel my flight reservation without charging the $15 fee because I had no cancellation button. Guess what? I have been charged for those flights- twice! In the amount of over $1,200 each transaction. They also charged me $460 three times for my flight out to California and conveniently can't see the extra two charges. Now I have to dispute the transactions with my credit card company because Priceline won't help. The hotel? Yea, it's covered in mold and has no pool, no amenities beyond WiFi and a tiny tv. When I called in panic to customer service yesterday during my Denver layover, they had me so upset I was sobbing. What did the supervisor do? He laughed at me. He made a mockery of me as I sat there helpless on the phone. Every time I call they say the same thing and cannot assist. Their "corporate number" gets you the same customer service- everyone outsourced. No one domestic. Not to be rude, but I think that the language barrier is not helping when I'm discussing the differences between a pending charge (authorization) and a transaction that actually cleared the account.

Please stay away. You can't even get a response from corporate or anyone willing to help. Now I'm over 3,000 miles from home and without any funds to enjoy my vacation. My family and I are sitting in the "hotel" room, breathing in the musty air and enjoying our view of the freeway. In California.

sarahf259
4/16/19

I booked a room at Ramada Inn South in Austin based on the priceline claim that the hotel is pet friendly. When the hotel contacted me confirming the reservation, I was informed it does not allow pets. When I cancelled due to this, I was denied a refund. Im out nesrly $100 bc of priceline. I will NEVER use it again.

deborahe69
4/12/19

Priceline is very misleading,it said "oceanfront" in the room description but was not what I got,also ,they say call Priceline for bed accommodations,but when I called they said they can't make any changes to,I have 5 people coming and they're only giving me one queen bed.... really? Never again, I've spent too much money on Priceline in the past for them to have treated me unfairly,they've obviously forgotten who keeps the in business...just saying

elenaj17
4/10/19

I booked a hotel through Priceline, the quote says paid in full. Yet the hotel actually charges resort fee but Priceline did not notify/warn me anywhere. I told them the listing was misleading and the transaction was void. They told me they could cancel the reservation but I would have to pay the full amount still. Ridiculous! It's a good example of when a company grows to a certain stage, it no longer cares about the very foundamental of its success (if ever sustainable)-- the customers. I feel being fooled and ignored by the agents online. The direct agents were not given any power, and the supervisors are there to create hurdles....

blakeh61
4/9/19

I chose a certain hotel room when I was booking but my confirmation gave me a different type of room. I've spoken with two customer service representatives and both say there's nothing they can do to fix it. That's a ridiculous. I just made the reservations. All I want is to switch it from one room type to another. The customer service representative just said but if I don't show up I will be charged. This was my first time using Priceline and absolutely my last.

carmens106
4/9/19

After the hotel room that I originally booked through Priceline was double booked, I was moved to Holiday Inn and Suites across Universal Studios Orlando. I was told that it will be an even swap and I won't have any extra charges. I trusted Priceline! Huge mistake!!
The hotel charged my card over $650 On top of the $348 that Priceline charged me!! I have called both the hotel and the agency several times. I have been on numerous wait times, sometimes disconnected before even getting to talk to someone!! I have a "case" open with the hotel, and Priceline would not do anything for me!!! They keep telling that they see the error and that the hotel charged my card instead of theirs, and they will escalate the issue!! How long should this issue be escalated for??? It will soon be one month since they double charged my card???
No answer! No help! TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!! Awful experience!! I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED!!

pamelal142
4/9/19

I booked a rental car for 4 days. Decided I wanted to add one more day. Called customer service. Talked to 3 people and none of them could help me. Also, I found that the compact car I booked was now $11.00 cheaper per day than what I paid. They would not price match it. Will never deal with them again.

mimis29
4/8/19

Contracts with terrible, absolutely awful companies such as rent a fox. Rent a fox is a rental car service that is super cheap with many hidden fees ($400 hold fee,$75 dirty car fee), flat tires, check engine lights,4 hour wait time. Absolutely horrendous experience. I called for a refund because I didn't not want to even check in. Morcana the price line rep, employee number 5260037 refuses to do a refund saying it's a "Non refundable purchase". Awful

shelleyb84
4/6/19

We booked our hotel room and in the middle of the night the front desk calls to tell me that I need to pay for my room or we have to leave! I had to pay for our room twice. Priceline says the hotel has to give me my money back and the hotel says Priceline does Either way I'm on a budget, my father passed away I'm here for his funeral and now I have to deal with this NEVER AGAIN and Priceline was more expensive than the hotel

ba311
4/5/19

booked at 2200 package only to find out my airline was 2hours away from my vacation destination. MY bank account was immediately charged I tried to contact priceline to have flight changed after untied airline just charged my card 1500.00 im supposed to be leaving tomorrow and they now tell me they cant assist me with changing my flight to cancel my reservation and funds will not be available for multiple days. I will never be booking again with priceline they offer no help or customer service after spending 2200.00.

joshg135
4/4/19

I just had to change one letter of one traveller's name on a reservation. They are putting me on hold for more than 30 minutes - the chat function person could not help me. This after boasting of good service. Fail

jessez16
3/28/19

Stop stealing customers money! I paid for a premium room and was given a standard room. I called, texted and emailed Priceline and they wouldn't refund me the difference between what I paid for and didn't get(premium room) and a standard room. They won't budge. Scam company. Will be using Expedia and Hotwire from now on. The reps barely speak English.

brandim45
3/26/19

First of all I reserve rental car that is 100% cancellable i cancel you guys take 41.21 OUT MY ACCT!!!! On top of that over charge me for the other rental yall ARE THIEVES! I

erinc311
3/24/19

NOBODY BOOK TROUGH THIS BUSINESS UNLESS YOU WANT YOUR MONEY STOLEN. Their website glitched causing me to book a room for 15 days after I needed it, when I IMMEDIATELY tried to correct it I was told it was nonrefundable and they couldnt change it. I have gone through it ALL trying to get my money back including contacting the hotel and the hotels corporate and been told that ONLY Priceline has the final say in refunding me, and guess what? Priceline says too bad theres nothing they can do. THEIR WEBSITE IS DESIGNED TO STEAL YOUR MONEY AND THEY GOT MINE AND WONT GIVE IT BACK. Save yourself the trouble and book through expedia.com they are the real MVP at least they warn you the room in nonrefundable and offer you insurance on your booking in case you need to cancel. Priceline is a joke!

tonyt219
3/23/19

This summer I plan a long trip back to VN
Book all my hotel at Priceline
One of the booking have a wrong month
Contact Priceline help desk
No help and claim that you need to contact the Hotel or their sister company to resolve
First, I did not use their sister company for booking
Second, I am only request change the date to correct date
All I got is the run around and pass the buck to some other travel agent that I don't even know who they are
Bottom line, they can not and even attempt to help you
Very poor customer service

jonathand157
3/22/19

I have recently had two booking with Priceline .I was either charged twice by the company or by the hotel.I ended up waiting at hotel for and hour to find reservation terrible. Do not book with this company you will be ripped off or have to wait in lobby for an hour to find your reservation!

The agreed to price is inclusive. I would look at dollar's website before renting from Priceline. There is no layer of protection from prcln.

By william g.

I'm not sure what you mean by "receive" the e-ticket. I've booked numerous times through priceline and other intermediaries, but have never received a ticket. I would suggest that you look at the itinerary that you've received from priceline and look for the Airline Confirmation Number (which may be a sequence of letters and or numbers depending on the airline). Then go to the airline's website and look up your flight itinerary. This process also varies by airline, but there should be some menu such as "My Trips" or other itinerary look up option. The airline should be able to find your itinerary based on your name and confirmation number. If your priceline itinerary contains an e-ticket number, you may be able to use that on the airline's website as well. If the airline has your itinerary, you're good to go. You'll be able to check in and get a boarding pass (electronic or print) 24 hours prior to your flight. If the airline has no record of you, then you've got a problem.

By Lake R.

No, they have gotten worse! Do not use priceline for anything. If anything is wrong with your reservation they will not give you a refund for whatever reason!

By Denise A.

Don't make a mistake or you will pay dearly. I made a 15 minute error and it cost me $500!

By Roger C.

Did you pay with cc, check your statement.

By Denise A.

It might take a few days but priceline will send you a survey to take where you can rate your stay.

By Eric H.

Never ever use priceline I tried twice once with a hotel they gave me the wrong date. The second was with a rental car . I rented a suv as we needed space for 5 people and it confirmed the suv just to send me a email confirming a compact car. And they would not change it...

By MELISSA T.

The priceline map will show you the area in which the hotel will be. If you do a little homework, you might be able to figure out which hotel it is. Looka at all the 3.5 star hotels in that area, also look at the rating the hotel has like 7 or 6 or 8+, this might help yo figure out the property. There is no guarantee that the hotel is even listed on the view list. Just remember, if you don't like it once you buy that's too bad. You won't get your money back, and you can either be happy with the purchase or just move on to another hotel and pay the going rate. If your willing to gamble go for it, if your not don't do it. I myself have never had a problem. I do my homework and am generally able to figure out the hotel, there was one I was sure of and when I bid and found out the hotel, it was not the one I had counted on, actually it was better. Good luck.

By Phil L.

Cute cat. But like it says in the fine print (of which there are some 3426 pages), buy your travel and then you are locked in for whatever travel arrangements you have selected and which Priceline was able to get for you.

By Walter P.

Don't buy flights from 3rd parties, buy directly from the airline, you don't need any headaches or stress if something goes wrong better to work directly with the airline than through a 3rd party

By Phil L.
Questions? Get answers from the Priceline staff and other customers.

Priceline?