Carnival Cruise Lines reviews

Tel: 1.800.764.7419
interline@carnival.com

synthiag4
4/26/19

My brother died in December 2018 and l was traumatized and grieving his loss. My birthday was at the end of December and l needed a getaway. We flew to Orlando for 3 day cruise and got to the ship 5 minutes late because FRONTIER AIRLINES was hours late, we were advised by Carnival supervisor ANDREA that she would get us on, and customs was still standing and the ship was still there 1.30 hours later, but we were REFUSED ADMITTANCE. They were heartless, callous, cruel, no apathy was shown at all at the ship and their Poc Exec DELORES LONG, was Heartless as well & told us to stop writing. We spent $1,560 and World Travel and AON Protection sucks as well, we did NOT get a full reimbursement back. The Executive team has NO compassion even w documentation in their face. We were stranded, had to pay for a hotel, new flight, $120 for the shuttle just to turn back in 10 minutes, it was a NIGHTMARE, that l am still living.
We will NOT use the CARNIVAL CRUISE,
they want the money, but are not HUMANE.

zoeg20
3/18/19

THIS CRUISE SHIP REFUSES TO GIVES DEPOSITS BACK WHEN THERE ARE CANCELLATIONS , THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THIS NOR WAS IT DISCLOSED TO ME IN MY INITAL BOOKING THIS WILL GET REVIEWED BY MY COMPANIES ATTORNY"S GREEDY GREEDY FOR POOR PEOPLE WHO CANT AFFORD THE EXPERIENCE!!!!!

dawnd155
2/11/19

In taking a Cruise for the 1st time as a Birthday trip for my best friend and myself in celebrating our February Birthdays, it is a nightmare. Supposed to depart 2/10/19 to 2/14/19 4 day Mexico Cruise. We missed check in time,due to misinformation on Carnival Imagination Representatives for Booking#6DZB54, and the Travel Agency that books and takes your money on behalf of Carnival Cruises not being in sync in time in which is cut off time in getting there. Which should not be my fault however; Itinerary still fails to state cut off time and although we arrived well by time Travel Agency gives of at least an hour before departure time, Carnival had a different cut time(you have NO idea they aren't on same page with this important piece of information) Carnival Cruise will not assist YOU ,NOR REFUND YOUR MONEY!! They are NOT willing to offer a solution, even when begging to have luggage checked in and we will meet ship at next port,was told NO, you missed check in YOU just have to buy another cruise if you want to sail?!? There were OTHER customers standing there obviously given same misinformation 8 other people is NOT a coincidence, it's a Customer Service problem in which Carnival Cruise doesn't care about resolving. It's awful that they are NOT caring or empathic to customers and are Rude, greedy and bad Company. Travel protection means NOTHING, they will not refund my money and after this experience I will stick to flying as potential cruise turned into heartbreaking sad experience.

johnnys117
12/9/18

One of the worst carnival ships i have ever been on ,service was bad customer service was bad, food was so so,dinning room service was awful, had to wait on a table an average of an hr and a half in the your time dinning room,my room its self was ok except in the shower there was some mold in it on the ceiling, toilet quit working, had to get maintenance to come fix it.up on the lido deck it leaked in the buffett when it rained,the outside of the ship on the hull looked old and needed painting. This is the third carnival ship to have some mold in the shower,overall this ship is thoroughly outdate and in poor shape.worst ship i have been on.wasnt enough activities to do.

Tip for consumers: Dont go on the miricle

carolinar30
11/28/18

Carnival, Royal Caribbean had made 100s of calls on my husband's cell number, he's had same # at least 14 yrs., Maybe longer but maybe 3 or 4 different carriers. The fact remains we filled out everything they asked, because millions respond to being constantly harrassed by robo calls, now lawsuit folks claim there were folks fraudulent ? Idiots we are frauds! They made calls and you can't get pasted through without claim number? In other words, I placed my friend's numbers, mine and only one of my 30 something numbers were given claim numbers , my husband's and Janice Debnam. How dare they back out of due process, please help us retrieve what is due to William Hollins and Janice Debnam. I'll gladly provide you with claim numbers.

melissay11
1/31/18

We went on the victory march 31- April 3. The ship was dirty! The food was terrible, the staff never asked if we need anything at the pool. My husband had to get our drinks every time... we went to play golf and there were dirty glasses that looked like they had been there for days. At captains night the table beside us were under dressed and were loud( using bad words). Th staff was also rude. We go on a lot of trips but by far this one was the worst. I hope that carnival would try to make us happy,

randala4
9/8/17

To whom it may concern, my name is Randal Ayers and I booked a 3 day cruise to esenada on the imagination carnival cruises.departing on 9/7/2017 at 5:30pm ad returning 9/10/20/2017 at 7:30am.. Well on the the day we we're suppose to leave, we we're in formed by the boarding agent's supervisor, "Joseph Grimaldi", that my step-daughter who is 4months pregnant was denied and couldn't sail because of the zika virus/ liability policy that carnival cruise lines has acknowledged. So we we're unable to sail with them as a family, therefore i am asking for a refund/ reimbursement of the $2077.00 dollars that I am out of because of the issues which I was not informed of nor aware when I booked this reservation through carnival cruises.. I never registered with the carnival on line and I was never informed by the carnival booking agent Mr. Cameron Warrick (800) 819-3902 ext.82841 Now my booking numbers we're for 2 cabins. Rm229 #8KT8Z3. And Rm233 #8KT9B8. The boarding agent supervisor, Mr. Joseph Grimaldi, informed me to contact the guest care department for refund, for the cost of my trip. If I was informed of the pregnancy policy and the zika virus in Mexico as well as filling out the online registration, I would of been prepared. But I was not aware of these issues nor was I informed at the time of making these booking reservation.... I'm expecting a quick and resolving conclusion with this matter.. Thank you so very much.. Mr. Randal Ayers

sullivanw6
6/12/17

I have been on 9 cruises, 7 of them were on Carnival. My most recent was on the Vista. We got an RV so it has been a while and as soon as we got on the ship I realized how much I missed it. The ship is beautiful, the food is amazing and the people are incredible. I've been on a romantic cruise with just me and my hubby, I've been on family a cruise with our two kids, and I've been on a cruise with a group of 88 people. No matter what kind of vacation, Carnival exceeded our expectations every time.

paulb337
4/23/17

Our son and future daughter in law originally had planned a wedding/cruise and when my wife and I along with my son and family tried to book a room for each online, it did not go through. Then we had to "Call" carnival and booked our rooms. I had used my debt card to place the deposit for both rooms and waited for the confirmation via email. After checking and waiting, my account did not reflect any amount being deducted for the rooms, Mind you, I had place $1,000.00 deposit for both rooms and then a second call had to be made and then finally carnival took all the information again and told us that if in the event we needed to cancel, we had until June 12th to pay off the rest of the bill or cancel. Due to family health matters, we found ourselves in a bind and realized that we could not take this cruise and called on April 20th and had to cancel both rooms. Carnival stated that there was a $50.00 per person for cancellation, which I can understand, however, carnival had said that they were deducting an additional amount to be applied as credit for our next booking if we did this within 2 years of this date. Now, my son has 3 for his room which cost $150,00 for the cancellation and kept $ 225.00 as credit to be applied along with charging my room at $100.00 for cancellation fee and also additional $150.00 credit to be applied to our next booking.
At this point we are not able to even plan a cruise in 2 years, when we don't even know what tomorrow brings since we had some family health matters and I am being ripped off $375.00 ( 225.00 plus 150.00 credit). My booking number is 6mb5z4. My daughter in law, Vanessa had to make the calls on my behalf since I am deaf and cannot hear on the phone.
By forcing us to render a credit for both rooms, has me not wanting to use carnival for a cruise in the future, if that happens. I want my proper refund and who should I be addressing this to? You can send any replies to an email under the booking number supplied above.

wades26
4/18/17

I have took my wife to the cruise last month when was our anniversity. She was absolutely stunned with the trips.

williama112
4/14/17

I haven't been on many cruises (like Coleen F.) and don't have the opportunity to compare Carnival with other cruise lines. But I must say that Carnival is a really good company! Their prices are reasonable and the service is great.

colleenf9
3/24/17

We have been on 42 cruises and 19 of them have been on Carnival. We have great memories with Carnival.....traveling with friends and traveling with our children thru the years when they were young and now grown with families of their own. We experienced Carnival when it was at its height of popularity. The boats were unique with larger than usual rooms in the industry. The food was delicious and abundant; the entertainment was fun and varied, their casinos huge. Fast forward......we rarely choose Carnival and now probably wouldn't even consider it as an option. We began to see a decline in the ships as they aged. it appeared Carnival had their best staff on the newer ships and better leadership......so we began to only sail on Carnival on their new ships.....now even that doesn't offer a good experience. A few years ago we went on the Breeze s(a new ship) and had a great experience! We thought maybe we would go back to Carnival more...but not any longer. We went on the Carnival Vista last month with a family of seven.....included were 3 children ages 1 to 9. First the good things.....the entertainment....which included evening musicals and Dr Seuss character breakfast were all outstanding! The Cruise Director was named Matt. Out of 42 cruises, he wins the award by far of the best one we have ever sailed with. He was everywhere and led everything, He started the sailing with dancing and music at the pool area. Young and old on 3 full decks looking down joined in. It was by far the best sailing ever. Most people just went to the decks to watch the boat leave port, but ended up dancing, laughing and smiling. Last, our cabin steward did a great job....but unfortunately, we were told by him that there were cutting the staff (keep in mind this is a full boat) and each team of 2 stewards would now be responsible for 32 rooms. I can imagine the Norwalk Virus will be an unwelcome effect from this cut back. It gets worse from here on.... As a family, we dress and attend the main dining room. The food was poor, the wait staff just seemed to be going thru the motions....and not very well. One might think we would develop a rapport with waiters since we were there every night....you would think. They made no attempt to connect with us nor the children. Our children are used to dinners out and are well behaved and stay seated from start to finish. They have had great staff over the years but this staff confused them.....they wouldn't really talk to the children at all nor did they try to tailor service to accommodate their age group. Next......THERE WAS NO BAR SERVICE!! If we wanted a drink we had to find a bar on the way to dinner to get a drink to bring with us. I tried to get have our waiter get me a glass of wine....but I got it when I was having dessert. Also, bar waiters POOLSIDE were hard to find...we saw 3 our entire week! We had to go up to the bar ourselves. I don't know if this is the result of people buying the drink packages and Carnival wants to avoid having the liquor available or what the issue is. is a self service draft beer where you have to swipe your card and pour up your own draft. It seems they have cut back their staff at lido buffet too......tables are full of dirty dishes and tables going out to the pool area are especially dirty. The staff seem dulled and lead me to conclude they are less than happy at their jobs. I know times have changed...heck, years ago there was a nightly midnight buffet night.....then only one every cruise......then, a buffet luncheon once a cruise.....now nothing. Room service was available free 24 hours with the full menu....now menu decreased after eight and there is now a service charge after 11! Lastly...., The casino......they have a non smoking section.....which means nothing. The smoke is so thick and floats into the main dining room. It smells like an overfull ashtray. I was a smoker for 35 years but this is ridiculous. It's the only cruise line that I am aware of that still allows smoking in the casino......so I think possibly smokers choose this line because there is still smoking........and there is ALOT of smoke! It's difficult to demonstrate the decline of this cruse line but I hope I was able to portray some of the issues........one last tidbit.....it probably seems small to most but.....my granddaughters look forward to finding a chocolate on their pillow every night.......and as you may have guessed by now....they were disappointed.

dianan23
12/19/16

This was a Christmas present for my husband; are flight was cancelled due to the weather in st louis. We would like credit on another cruise, this would of been my husband first cruise.Are booking number is 3TV2C6. There wasn't any flights on any airline to get us there before the ship left..help us carnival!

robk38
12/2/16

We love carnival cruise but after canceling trip was shocked to learn that we lost half of our money.My wife had a heart attack, cardiologist said it would be russian roulette to go on trip knowing what could happen if something goes wrong such as hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical bills and no one will insure her knowing that she at risk.I think we should be credited in full or credit off next cruise for the difference as this was our third cruise and I think it is an understandable reason to cancel thank you. Its not like we planned it!!! We happen to love Carnival Cruise lines, and hope you help us to make it something we will book again. Thanks for any help . R.K.

eliasd10
11/30/16

The prices are reasonable and the service is very good. A great number of destinations to choose from.

Tip for consumers: Definitely deserves its 4 stars.

judyb71
10/11/16

In regards to booking #1KV9N9, our flight to Miami from Denver was cancelled by American Airlines on Thursday, October 6, 2016, due to Hurricane Matthew. We were due to fly out of Denver on Friday, October 7th and then board the ship on Saturday, the 8th. We had no way to get there to board the ship, as we could not book another flight. Carnival's only solution to the issue is to only offer another cruise within 2 years from this one...no refund because we couldn't get there to take this cruise...they did refund the sales tax for the trip but also charged us a $100 cancellation fee at the same time (slap in the face!). We have been asked to state our issue on this review and also attach a copy of our airline cancellation.

Tip for consumers: Most ineffective way to deal with Carnival Cruise Line Customer Service!!!

cindyb100
9/21/16

My spouse and I have a $500 credit with Carnival, due to unforeseen health circumstances we could not go on our original cruise dated 2-14-14. Booking no. 41DDX1.. credit was advanced to Oct 8,2016. We are unable to sail at this time due to Hurrican Hermine doing damage to our home in Florida, we will be incurring unexpected expense and work at this time. I am requesting that we be able to use this $500 credit toward a cruise for November 12-16, 2017 aboard the ship Valor. Please allow this credit not be lost to us by allowing us to cruise with Carnival as requested. We can not afford to lose this money.......We await your reply, Sincerely, Cindy L Baughn, VIFP no. 8540110833..phone no. 260-703-0552..email at cbbaughn@centurylink.net

javierc23
9/19/16

Me and my wife arrived at the Long Beach port on 9-16-16 only to be turned away due to not having sufficient travel documentation. I was told by my bosses at work that I didn't need any documentation since they cruise at least 2 times a year, I took their advice. What really hurts was that this was suppose to be a birthday surprise for my wife. I'm not looking for a refund, maybe if I can rescheduled. Thank you for your time, and hopefully you can help me out. My booking # 3JQ3Q4

darylw15
9/1/16

I sailed on the Carnival Victory and received outstanding service from Daniel from St. Lucia

tonys135
8/14/16

Never again. This was my family's 3rd cruise with Carnival in the last 4 years. The last one started on 08/09/16 on the Liberty, departing from Galveston TX and went to Cozumel and Progreso Mexico. Since our 1st you can really tell that Carnival is cutting cost. The ship was in horrible condition with worn out carpet, tile, steps, etc........ it looked like a construction zone. The food was nasty in the dining room and the buffet when you could catch it open. The staff was rude with a few exceptions. The ports well, Cozumel was awesome. That being said we booked a day a Mr. Sanchos outside of Carnival and it was a blast, I highly recommend it. Now Progreso, why would Carnival stop there? If you like being scared and being harassed by the locals then this is the place for you. Never again will we take another Carnival criuse. I guess you get what you pay for.

elisef4
8/11/16

I arrived at the ship with my party of 4 only to be told we couldn't get on. One of the people in my party did not have his birth certificate. He was informed since he was in the military he could use his military ID. This trip was a gift to him for retiring from the military after 28 years of service. I was mad at him for not knowing better. It was also his first cruise along with my son and grandson. It would have been my second. It it is at all possible I would like to have credit form this cruise go toward another cruise ASAP we also paid for parking could we have credit for that as well. I really enjoyed myself on your ship and would love to have them experience the same fun I did. Please Please Please do what you can to help.
Sign
Lefted at the dock

My booking number was 7W4RF4

susang100
5/25/16

The workers seemed rude, and unfriendly. My mother passed away on cruise, they had nothing for us. No reimbursements, I just felt that we should have been treated with more compassion. This is extreme, but even without her passing, I felt lack of respect.

charlesp55
2/7/16

We were refused handicapped assistance. I , then my wife the following day, pushing me in wheelchair was injured in port. We were refused wheelchair assistance despite it being the law. The port area far overcrowded caused my wife to be trampled twice resulting in her requiring major surgery. Her not being from this country USA we will have been separated about 7 months total. I am not now able to fly. There is limited security and children running wild and out of control. Ours being a Christmas cruise we had a hung over crew for the one week cruise to hell.

danteu
11/10/15

My first cruise experience and it was delightful. Carnival Cruise Lines certainly came through on this one. Even though the weather was far less than great, the service and the food were better than I had predicted. At the low price of this cruise I would have spent more on a basic hotel room and would have to have settled for overpriced dining. Instead I was on a 3 year old (Carnival Breeze) cruise ship with a staff that did nothing but keep our best interest and cater to every need... Will definitely be doing, another very soon.

juttad
3/16/15

Just returned from a 9 night South Pacific Cruise with my 3 boys and have to say that we'll definitely be doing this again.
Staff were fantastic and very friendly. Food was available 24 hours a day! Entertainment was great and there was so much to do that we have to do it again to see what we missed last time.
We had a balcony cabin, which was great, and we got an amazing deal directly with Carnival rather than a travel agent. (About $1000 less for the balcony cabin than the travel agent offered for a window only cabin. The children had so much to do that they didn't want to go home, especially my 4yo.
I was fortunate to be able to get assistance disembarking. Only had to pack my luggage by 11pm the night before and leave it outside my cabin. The next morning we only had a day bag to take to our relaxing breakfast and our luggage was waiting for us off the ship!
It was a wonderful holiday experience from start to finish!

Questions? Get answers from the Carnival Cruise Lines staff and other customers.

2 Photos for Carnival Cruise Lines