Expedia CA

Expedia CA has a consumer rating of 1.25 stars from 101 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Expedia CA most frequently mention customer service, credit card and air canada problems. Expedia CA ranks 92nd among Travel Search Engine sites.

No positive highlights yet

• Waste of time, customer service is garbage, and they falsely advertise...
  • Poor Customer Service, and unreliable with credit card information- Should make you run away from them.
How would you rate Expedia CA?

“I work with expedia, i want you to listen to me.”

Hubert J.
9/21/17

I work in expedia canada from Cairo, Egypt. With my full respect, Sometimes it has very good packages and rates, but to be honest. They dont give a $#*! about anything, they only care about getting money from custumers. And i totally agree how unprofessional our costumer service and how non speaking english they are. I actually my self dont understand anything from them. Basically Expedia makes her call center in egypt because we Egyptians dont take much money like other countries. I can say as an agent i take maximumly 300 USD per month. So dont expect to deal with a professional company. And PS: Never use price guarantee option, they will make you pay the expensive rate without refunding you back. And Good luck to everyone. God bless us all from that type of services.

“Long waits and insurance a scam”

Michael Q.
2/27/20

Incredibly long wait times for help. Was hung up on three times and had to persevere through the hold process until I was finally speaking with a supervisor who could actually help me. Turns out cancellation insurance is absolutely useless unless you have a heart attack or something - even then hours and hours of paperwork and calls to get you money back. Horrible. Never use this travel site. I used to use it a lot but now it is useless.

customer service (27) credit card (14)
michaelq112
February 27th, 2020
christiney120
June 6th, 2020
Expedia agreed, promised by phone call and by email to give a full refund on flights booked for March 2020 but cancelled due to Covid. Wait and Wait! 10 weeks later, I finally call to only find out they have no intention of giving the REFUND! Blame the worker! She made a mistake! One Big Fat Lie! Shame on this travel booking platform! A Disgrace to the travel industry! I wish I could give zero stars!
bernardb227
March 6th, 2020
Terrible customer service. 6 hours on the phone. They just want you to get fed up. And drop the case
hubertj11
September 21st, 2017
I work in expedia canada from Cairo, Egypt.

I actually my self dont understand anything from them.
I can say as an agent i take maximumly 300 USD per month.
So dont expect to deal with a professional company.
And PS:
And Good luck to everyone.
God bless us all from that type of services.
coltb5
September 20th, 2020
DO NOT BOOK WITH EXPEDIA! How the hell this company is still in business is bizarre to me. Booked holiday pre-covid-19. Need to cancel trip. Was on hold with them for over an hour to have them say they cant do anything for me. No change of date, voucher or refund. "$#*! out of luck sir" is what he told me! Seriously unprofessional
wandaa59
March 19th, 2020
A company should not be judged during good times but rather when things are chaotic. As the COVID-19 crisis rolled out and things were closing around us in Vegas Expedia was no help. It was absolutely impossible to get help to change a flight to come home to Canada from the US sooner. The Expedia app is garbage. They were so behind on flight updates that I had no confidence in them. The problem is WestJet wanted us to change flights through Expedia since they are who we initially booked with. Customer service is garbage. Never again!
daleu9
March 14th, 2020
I fully understand the need to have cancelation policy's in place.
But it is interesting that at times like now with this virus other companies are working with their customers to cancel their reservations while Expedia.ca is taking half of our money because we canceled do to this virus.
We will never use Expedia.ca ever again.
rowenaf
February 22nd, 2017
In Jan/2017I booked (a) Air Canada flight from Winnipeg to La Vegas and then (b) X hotel nights at the Stratosphere. The booking confirmation from the Stratosphere said I had window of x days in which to change/cancel the booking. When I tried to cancel the hotel through Expedia (couldn't be done on-line) my two separate bookings had morphed into a non-cancellable (without penalty, which equalled the hotel cost) "package holiday". I would have had to cancel both parts and then re-book, after paying the $200+ airline rebooking penalty.
daphnet3
October 21st, 2016
My husband crashed his foot after I've purchased an unrefundable 5-star resort. Although I knew it's unrefundable, I tried to explain our misfortune to Expedia. My phone call was answered in a few seconds. The representative Joe was sympathetic and told me to hold on line while he was making a phone call to the hotel. Few minutes later he told me the hotel was willing to fully refund me. Then he sent me a cancellation confirmation to me. Right away. Next day I found a full refund was credited back to my account. It's a big relief, especially in a stressful period. I appreciate Joe's thoughtful and capable services. And I will be a loyalty to Expedia.
oksanad10
October 16th, 2020
Called a few times and after staying on hold the customer service reps PRETEND they can not hear you... They repeat few times that they can not hear you and hang up... Disgusting! Expedia must be outsourcing the business to a third world county... I will no longer use the platform... Extremely disappointed!
gunterr
September 15th, 2020
After a horrible vacation at the Royal Solaris, Cancun, we contacted Expedia in February 2020 and requested a 50 per cent refund. Solaris made major noisy renovations during our stay and we submitted evidence of the constant jack hammering supported by eight witnesses. For 6 months, Expedia sent us meaningless PR apologies promising to act as advocates for us.

It becomes clear that Expedia has no intention to really represent clients
Who suffered horrible vacations even if multiple witnesses confirm the
Issues presented as evidence.

Expedia does not check out Hotels and Resorts to verify that clients
Actually get the vacation that is advertised and paid for.

Hundreds of complaints on various Consumer Websites confirm that Expedia
Has no scruples or morals in selling vacations to unsuspecting people and
Does not help clients to receive fair compensation for ruined Holidays.

The disgraceful behavior by Expedia and other Travel Agents will
Hopefully result in legislation making them more accountable in future.

Shame on Expedia who took our money but didn't act as an Advocate for us
Other than giving meaningless BS and not making Sunwing accountable……. We'll remember!

Gunter Retterath
ac851
June 29th, 2020
Three hours on phone with Expedia and they offer me a voucher worth half what I paid. That's what they have on record. Let me say I know the law. If an airline cancels on you they are legally required to give a full refund. Sorry to my Air Canada friends but I am contacting a lawyer. Also seven years ago my daughter and I booked a flight with Expedia and arrived to a hotel that closed down. They offered a hotel refund. That was it. Nothing for the panic attack my daughter had or the cost of travel to find a new hotel and being Jazz week we were lucky to find anything at all. DO NOT BOOK WITH Expedia. Ca they will rip you off every time!

Tip for consumers: Don’t use Expedia.ca you will always get ripped off. I trusted after disappointment and got kicked in the teeth again during covid. I actively discourage Expedia and make it my mission to tell the truth about this scamming company. Don’t do it!

susans1880
February 29th, 2020
I just called Expedia to ask about a refund and was hung up by the person dealing with the problem.
I will never use Expedia again. Their prices are very high compared to booking through the hotel or airline yourself.
jaysoni1
December 3rd, 2019
Expedia.ca in the course of an hour blocked 26000$ on my credit card and bank card because of a fault with their website, after two phone call and almost 2 hours on the phone, all I got was a that is tough you'll have to wait for the bank to release the funds back to you in 3-5 days. The manager on duty was even less helpful. As this is the Christmas season flights are filling and becoming more expensive. I will never book with you again.
navidh2
July 7th, 2020
I booked a hotel from Expedia for 1 night because the reception told me to use Expedia, and later after5 minutes i went to hotel website was $70 cheaper + free breakfast.
timg435
December 9th, 2019
Expedia needs to stand behind their service! When you pay for insurance on a trip it should be insurance. Don't quite small print.
Not impressed!
courtneyd125
July 21st, 2020
I recently went to visit my brother in Kelowna, BC and had multiple issues with Expedia.ca

First of all they tried to tell us multiple times that flights would be cancelled when they weren't. I called Air Canada since Expedia.ca said my Air Canada flight would be cancelled in a few hours. Air Canada says they don't know how Expedia has that information, and as far as she could tell the flight was still set to leave on the day it was supposed to. Lo and behold that flight did end up not cancelled. This took literally all day as I was back and forth between Expedia and Air Canada with multiple calls. So they lied to me or they are just incompetent.

The second instance was a rep not knowing how time zones work! He said we would leave Calgary at 9 and get in Kelowna at 9, which he said makes no sense and that it would probably be cancelled soon. There's an hour time zone difference between these two cities, so yes it does make sense. He tried to get me to cancel multiple times - which would incur a fee, of course. As opposed to the airline canceling and me not having to pay a fee then.

It was stressful and the worst experience I've had with Expedia. I would not book with them ever again. Next time I'll pay the premium and book with Air Canada directly.
johnm4609
March 26th, 2020
The lied multiple times trying to get out of refund. Also impossible to get hold of on phone. Calls get disconnected and the don't call back. Never booking with them again
shannonl250
July 7th, 2020
We booked a trip in November to fly to Europe in May. Then Covid 19 shut down all non-essential air travel and instead of getting refunds they advised we would get a credit. I called 3 times. The first two times I received call backs The first call weI said hello and the call disconnected. No call back from the person in India I said hello to. I called Expedia immediately and had another wait time of 45 min. I received a second call back, confirmed my name and then got the dreaded recording that they were having computer issues. I finally reached someone at 5; 30am my time the next day to be told that I have to do their work for them and contact the airline and insurance companies directly. Don't bother to use their service when you do all the work yourself and they end up being an annoying middleman who don't earn their commissions. Book direct or even better use a professional travel agent. I know I will when we can finally travel.
amandaj375
July 20th, 2020
Made a booking with some friends for a hotel for 3 nights. Due to my job, I was not able to stay the third night. I called the hotel directly and they told me I needed to change my reservation through Expedia. I called Expedia and they told me I can cancel and rebook my booking completely. The issue is, our hotel was fully booked for these nights and I would need to change the room in which we booked... Fitting 3 adults onto a king size bed was not an option. I did not want to rebook, I simply wanted to change my booking. As is advertised on their website.
In the end, our only option was to rebook completely, change rooms and pay the SAME PRICE for 2 nights as it would've been for 3... never will book through them ever again. Waste of time, customer service is garbage, and they falsely advertise...
ramib6
October 4th, 2020
They put you on hold and they leave you for hours and they dont come back to you so you have to call agin and wait for 1 hour again and they answer, then they leave you on hold again and they never come back! My opinion never book with EXPIDIA EVER! Because you will get screwd
johnb5254
July 29th, 2020
We booked flights through EXPEDIA... Our flights got cancelled and UNITED and JET BLUE offered credits. We are Canadians and will not likely be going to the USA in the foreseeable future. CREDITS are not acceptable. We need REFUNDS. After all they cancelled the flights. EXPEDIA WAS NO HELP AT ALL.
th198
February 4th, 2020
What is up with the people that answers the calls at Expedia? Expedia used to be good and now they have weird and awkward reps that answer the calls. Booked an all inclusive package and needed more information about my booking and I get connected to the all inclusive vacation line, and this man basically turned every inquiry that I made into what shouldn't have been so complicated. How many different ways do I need to word: how many beds are included in the hotel room I booked? He seemed appalled and shocked and confused by this question. His attitude made it seem like it was a burden to answer any of my questions and almost as if he was doing ME a favor by answering. WELL MY APOLOGIES EXPEDIA! Sorry to hassle you by giving you money to use your service. I am now considering cancelling this package as I am utterly disgusted by how Expedia treats their customers. WOULD NEVER BOOK AGAIN AND DEFINITELY SPREADING THE WORD SO THAT NOBODY BOOKS WITH THIS AWFUL COMPANY AGAIN!
royj62
November 6th, 2019
Due to a medical issue I had to cancel I a little trip. Hotel, car and flight. I received notification that they cancelled the hotel and car, apparently they did cancel the flight but won't send me proof that they did. All I got was no refunds are allowed only a credit on a future flight.
I don't want either all I need is proof so I can claim this on my own personal travel insurance, but to no avail... so my insurance claim will be denied because of Expedia.
Will never use again.
melissal30
August 20th, 2014
I have used Expedia.ca many times for airfare, packages and hotels and car rentals, with our most recent trip 2 weeks ago. So far have never faced any difficulty with them. The whole thing went fine with our recent trip to Jamaica. Center of everything everybody was friendly. I would come back could be a bit cleaner though.

They are the worst. Do not. Book ever again with expedia...

By Beth R.