Expedia CA

Expedia CA has a consumer rating of 1.44 stars from 125 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Expedia CA most frequently mention customer service, credit card and air canada problems. Expedia CA ranks 101st among Travel Search Engine sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 7.4%

No positive highlights yet

• Waste of time, customer service is garbage, and they falsely advertise...
  • Was overcharged almost $200 from Budget and even though I had the credit card statement to prove it they were NO help.
How would you rate Expedia CA?

“Refunds and Customer Service”

R. L.
7/4/21

If you are tired of being hung out to dry by online agencies when things go wrong, Expedia is the agency for you. I have dealt with agencies like Priceline in the past and found myself in a shoe-box of a room in Rome that was far from what I was promised with no help from that agency. On the other hand, I booked through Expedia a few years ago and had a similar experience with a European hotel. One call to Expedia and they not only rectified the situation but refunded my total hotel cost as a good will gesture. Yesterday, I had to cancel a hotel booking I made in Mexico through Expedia. To my delight, my payment was credited to my credit card in less than 24 hours. This company clearly puts it's customers first! It is my go-to online agency.

“Long waits and insurance a scam”

Michael Q.
2/27/20

Incredibly long wait times for help. Was hung up on three times and had to persevere through the hold process until I was finally speaking with a supervisor who could actually help me. Turns out cancellation insurance is absolutely useless unless you have a heart attack or something - even then hours and hours of paperwork and calls to get you money back. Horrible. Never use this travel site. I used to use it a lot but now it is useless.

customer service (32) credit card (16)
michaelq112
February 27th, 2020

dieterb16
July 26th, 2021

There was an error on my return flight details which I booked through Expedia.ca. I tried to correct the problem by contacting the carrier but they told me it was an Expedia.ca issue. Have you ever tried to contact Expedia customer care by phone? It's near impossible and you can spend a whole day waiting on hold listening to horrible and distorted music while no-one answers the phone. Shame on you Expedia this is very frustrating. I doubt I will book through you again.

rl272
July 4th, 2021

This company clearly puts it's customers first! It is my go-to online agency.

Travel, Hotel Bookings

christiney120
June 6th, 2020

Expedia agreed, promised by phone call and by email to give a full refund on flights booked for March 2020 but cancelled due to Covid. Wait and Wait! 10 weeks later, I finally call to only find out they have no intention of giving the REFUND! Blame the worker! She made a mistake! One Big Fat Lie! Shame on this travel booking platform! A Disgrace to the travel industry! I wish I could give zero stars!

shannonl250
July 7th, 2020

We booked a trip in November to fly to Europe in May. Then Covid 19 shut down all non-essential air travel and instead of getting refunds they advised we would get a credit. I called 3 times. The first two times I received call backs The first call weI said hello and the call disconnected. No call back from the person in India I said hello to. I called Expedia immediately and had another wait time of 45 min. I received a second call back, confirmed my name and then got the dreaded recording that they were having computer issues. I finally reached someone at 5; 30am my time the next day to be told that I have to do their work for them and contact the airline and insurance companies directly. Don't bother to use their service when you do all the work yourself and they end up being an annoying middleman who don't earn their commissions. Book direct or even better use a professional travel agent. I know I will when we can finally travel.

marcela17
August 1st, 2021

I booked a hotel with Expedia.ca.(Residence Inn Gravenhurst)
It was initially for 7 nights.
It was raining, so after 4 nights we checked out early. I requested a full refund for the remaining 3 nights.
They agreed and said there will be no penalty.
I called when I got home, they were waiting for the O. K. from the hotel.
They even send me an email to let me know that I will get a FULL refund.
Everybody that I was dealing with was very professional and I got exceptional customer service. Special thanks to Kate for the email and receipt.
I used Expedia.ca in the past for flights and vacations and I will use them again.

Marcel in Kitchener, ON

Travel

mb647
July 19th, 2021

8 hours and 3 minutes on hold with Expedia before their line went dead.

2 hours and 12 minutes on July 16 before the same thing happened.

1 hour and 11 minutes on July 15 before the same thing happened.

The call back feature doesn't work.

The online chat isn't helpful.

Someone contact me ASAP.

Never ever ever use Expedia

marka1728
July 21st, 2021

You can absolutely not talk to or even live chat to anyone to make changes, alter your reservations, or ask a question... all the phone numbers provided will absolutely lead to a dead end... you have a better chance of winning a lottery than talking to a live person at expedia... the worst and most frustrating customer service i have ever had for any business in any category

Tip for consumers:
IF you want ZERO customer service then use Expedia.

kimb1502
July 26th, 2021

We booked with Expedia for our family vacation in Penticton BC in February! On our arrival at our motel we were informed we would have to move 2 times on our weeks stay in the motel because of the way Expedia booked our stay in there rooms! The first 2 nights in a upper floor 1 night on a lower floor across the way and the back up to a second floor. You have to understand with luggage and food for a week's beach stay with 2 kids! It was very stressful then you have to wait for the person in that room you are waiting to check out and half your day is gone then you do the whole thing over again! This is the first time that Expedia has done this crap to me and I'm not impressed! Now I know why booking with them seems so easy-to-use?

bernardb227
March 6th, 2020

Terrible customer service. 6 hours on the phone. They just want you to get fed up. And drop the case

hubertj11
September 21st, 2017

I work in expedia canada from Cairo, Egypt.

With my full respect, Sometimes it has very good packages and rates, but to be honest.
They dont give a $#*! about anything, they only care about getting money from custumers.
And i totally agree how unprofessional our costumer service and how non speaking english they are.
I actually my self dont understand anything from them.
Basically Expedia makes her call center in egypt because we Egyptians dont take much money like other countries.
I can say as an agent i take maximumly 300 USD per month.
So dont expect to deal with a professional company.
And PS:
Never use price guarantee option, they will make you pay the expensive rate without refunding you back.
And Good luck to everyone.
God bless us all from that type of services.

francisg112
July 13th, 2021

Don't use this app they stolen money also customer service is worst. We cancel our booking but they charg extra.

yamunav
March 22nd, 2021

I'm trying to reach customer support for 3 days to fix the issue the agent who booked my flight ticket committed. But, I could not reach them even after 2 hr of waiting for each call. I almost make 8 calls like that.
The worst service provider I ever experience. KIND ADVISE TO ALL NEVER EVER USE EXPEDIA TO BOOK ANY FLIGHT IF YOU WANT TO TRAVEL WITH HOPE AND PEACE.

SHAME ON YOU EXPEDIA AND YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Tip for consumers:
NEVER EVER USE THIS WEBSITE. IT'S A KIND ADVISE.

Flight ticket booking

daphnet3
October 21st, 2016

My husband crashed his foot after I've purchased an unrefundable 5-star resort. Although I knew it's unrefundable, I tried to explain our misfortune to Expedia. My phone call was answered in a few seconds. The representative Joe was sympathetic and told me to hold on line while he was making a phone call to the hotel. Few minutes later he told me the hotel was willing to fully refund me. Then he sent me a cancellation confirmation to me. Right away. Next day I found a full refund was credited back to my account. It's a big relief, especially in a stressful period. I appreciate Joe's thoughtful and capable services. And I will be a loyalty to Expedia.

coltb5
September 20th, 2020

DO NOT BOOK WITH EXPEDIA! How the hell this company is still in business is bizarre to me. Booked holiday pre-covid-19. Need to cancel trip. Was on hold with them for over an hour to have them say they cant do anything for me. No change of date, voucher or refund. "$#*! out of luck sir" is what he told me! Seriously unprofessional

kevinb1879
April 17th, 2021

Never, Never request a call back when you phone Customer Service, we had a issue, waste of time waiting online so we requested a call back, HUGE mistake, on average it took 7 Plus hours, then we got a rep that could not speak very good English! We gave a credit, we were not able to have full credit amount applied plus on our trip receipt we did not receive a break down of the cost, requested 3 times, would not provide a break down! We have a "Gold" status, so what, doesn't mean anything! This will be our last review about Expedia as we will NEVER deal with them again!

wandaa59
March 19th, 2020

A company should not be judged during good times but rather when things are chaotic. As the COVID-19 crisis rolled out and things were closing around us in Vegas Expedia was no help. It was absolutely impossible to get help to change a flight to come home to Canada from the US sooner. The Expedia app is garbage. They were so behind on flight updates that I had no confidence in them. The problem is WestJet wanted us to change flights through Expedia since they are who we initially booked with. Customer service is garbage. Never again!

antonr55
May 25th, 2021
Verified purchase

Until the pandemic, Expedia was my #1 choice for anything travel-related, but not anymore!
A few months before the pandemic, I made a mistake of paying for a flight thru Expedia.ca instead of buying the ticket directly on the airline's website. The flight was eventually cancelled by the airline due to COVID-19 restrictions. Expedia declined to issue a refund citing that the airline 'didn't approve the refund'. The airline refused to help me citing that 'you should contact the place that sold you the ticket'. So, I ended up in a classic catch-22 trap.
Long story short: Expedia snatched my money for a service that was not provided and refused to return the money. In layman's terms this is fraud. Be smart with your money and avoid dishonest companies like Expedia!

joelb364
May 12th, 2021

Our first time using this type service, we booked a hotel with the agent but were not told they would charge our credit card within 24 hrs. They did so I phoned back explaining we were not informed of this and would like to cancel and get a full refund only to be told there was a $20 administration fee. Weren't told about that either... sigh.
After several back and forth emails we ended up getting the full refund so all in all we were treated fairly. So Please be aware that you will be paying for their service within 24 hrs. We found this unacceptable simply because we seldom/never use our credit card to purchase, it serves to "hold" said service till we pay via cash, debit etc UPON arrival. Buyer beware right, my beef remains the fact this (and the NON refundable "administration" fee) was never divulged during the phone conversation and the fact that our stay was 10 or so days away. So they take your money today even though you might be months away from the actual stay/flight etc. Sorry Expedia this is not how I do business. We will not be using them again.

adriennk
August 25th, 2016

I had an issue with a hotel. A hotel charged me for a room cancelled within the free cancellation period. The hotel didn't want to reimburse me so I contacted expedia. In their emails they kept repeating the same thing which was not a solution to my problem (I had the feeling that they didn't really read my emails). Then I called them. The agents on the phone were very kind and seemed like they are trying to help. It took 3 calls to finally find a solution but at least they helped me in the end. I got reimbursed by expedia. Satisfied with their customer service over the phone.

daleu9
March 14th, 2020

I fully understand the need to have cancelation policy's in place.
But it is interesting that at times like now with this virus other companies are working with their customers to cancel their reservations while Expedia.ca is taking half of our money because we canceled do to this virus.
We will never use Expedia.ca ever again.

oksanad10
October 16th, 2020

Called a few times and after staying on hold the customer service reps PRETEND they can not hear you... They repeat few times that they can not hear you and hang up... Disgusting! Expedia must be outsourcing the business to a third world county... I will no longer use the platform... Extremely disappointed!

rowenaf
February 22nd, 2017

In Jan/2017I booked (a) Air Canada flight from Winnipeg to La Vegas and then (b) X hotel nights at the Stratosphere. The booking confirmation from the Stratosphere said I had window of x days in which to change/cancel the booking. When I tried to cancel the hotel through Expedia (couldn't be done on-line) my two separate bookings had morphed into a non-cancellable (without penalty, which equalled the hotel cost) "package holiday". I would have had to cancel both parts and then re-book, after paying the $200+ airline rebooking penalty.

gunterr
September 15th, 2020

After a horrible vacation at the Royal Solaris, Cancun, we contacted Expedia in February 2020 and requested a 50 per cent refund. Solaris made major noisy renovations during our stay and we submitted evidence of the constant jack hammering supported by eight witnesses. For 6 months, Expedia sent us meaningless PR apologies promising to act as advocates for us.

It becomes clear that Expedia has no intention to really represent clients
Who suffered horrible vacations even if multiple witnesses confirm the
Issues presented as evidence.

Expedia does not check out Hotels and Resorts to verify that clients
Actually get the vacation that is advertised and paid for.

Hundreds of complaints on various Consumer Websites confirm that Expedia
Has no scruples or morals in selling vacations to unsuspecting people and
Does not help clients to receive fair compensation for ruined Holidays.

The disgraceful behavior by Expedia and other Travel Agents will
Hopefully result in legislation making them more accountable in future.

Shame on Expedia who took our money but didn't act as an Advocate for us
Other than giving meaningless BS and not making Sunwing accountable……. We'll remember!

Gunter Retterath

irinac32
July 22nd, 2021

I have a flight credit for $495.18 and I want to use it for another flight with the same airline but different destination and much cheaper fares which is $340. The agent asked me to pay $105 more for the flight. So instead of using $340 out of my $495, they asked me to pay another $105, so my ticket price will be $600 instead of $340. What kind of business is it?

They are the worst. Do not. Book ever again with expedia...

By Beth R.