Expedia CA

Trustpilot
1.2 / 5
Better Business Bureau
1.1 / 5

Expedia CA has a consumer rating of 1.24 stars from 156 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Expedia CA most frequently mention customer service, credit card and air canada problems. Expedia CA ranks 111th among Travel Search Engine sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 3.8%

No positive highlights yet

• Waste of time, customer service is garbage, and they falsely advertise...
  • Was overcharged almost $200 from Budget and even though I had the credit card statement to prove it they were NO help.
How would you rate Expedia CA?

“Refunds and Customer Service”

R. L.
7/4/21

If you are tired of being hung out to dry by online agencies when things go wrong, Expedia is the agency for you. I have dealt with agencies like Priceline in the past and found myself in a shoe-box of a room in Rome that was far from what I was promised with no help from that agency. On the other hand, I booked through Expedia a few years ago and had a similar experience with a European hotel. One call to Expedia and they not only rectified the situation but refunded my total hotel cost as a good will gesture. Yesterday, I had to cancel a hotel booking I made in Mexico through Expedia. To my delight, my payment was credited to my credit card in less than 24 hours. This company clearly puts it's customers first! It is my go-to online agency.

“Fake advertising”

regina F.
10/17/21

Full of lies. So I bought a ticket recently that seemed legit, and I told myself if was expedia so what could go wrong... Little did I know that the luggages that expedia said were included were not, not even the carry-ons. Once calling to customer service, they just said oh you cannot bring anything, while I had pictures showing otherwise, they said INCLUDED. Customer service was a waste of time. And watch out for the fake advertising, it really sucks, never booking from them again.

customer service (33) credit card (16)
reginaf131
October 17th, 2021

Tip for consumers:
You may need to call them to be sure because their website is bs.

Flights

lenj15
September 6th, 2021

Flight ticket was changed and had to cancel. Refund still hasn't come back even after 10 weeks. Email says 6 to 8 weeks. Now contacting agent is hard cause itinerary number doesn't work. Honest opinion book directly with good airlines rather through travel agency. You ll have a better peace of mind. Rather than being on the phone for cancellation and changes.

dieterb16
July 26th, 2021

There was an error on my return flight details which I booked through Expedia.ca. I tried to correct the problem by contacting the carrier but they told me it was an Expedia.ca issue. Have you ever tried to contact Expedia customer care by phone? It's near impossible and you can spend a whole day waiting on hold listening to horrible and distorted music while no-one answers the phone. Shame on you Expedia this is very frustrating. I doubt I will book through you again.

michaelq112
February 27th, 2020

Incredibly long wait times for help. Was hung up on three times and had to persevere through the hold process until I was finally speaking with a supervisor who could actually help me. Turns out cancellation insurance is absolutely useless unless you have a heart attack or something - even then hours and hours of paperwork and calls to get you money back. Horrible. Never use this travel site. I used to use it a lot but now it is useless.

rl272
July 4th, 2021

This company clearly puts it's customers first! It is my go-to online agency.

Travel, Hotel Bookings

aaronp337
August 18th, 2021

Computerized site with no customer assistance. Cancelled a hotel within 2 hours of deadline and Expedia will not help with refund. Crazy times mean extra assistance is sometimes required… this site deserves the lousy rating it receives.

davidc5194
September 28th, 2021
Verified purchase

Expedia's lost its way. They now allow scam car rental companies to include buried small print (have to read the small print, then click through links to see this...) that seems to authorize companies like Economy (DBA JET CAR) to extort unsuspecting expedia customers (who have been quoted a rental price that state "No surprises! All fees and taxes included") for crazy fees at the time that they come to pick up their vehicle. In this case, an "insurance transfer fee" to be able to charge clients who have insurance for their rental (either with their credit card company, car insurance policy or both).
Expedia knows about this and does nothing but defend such obscure, under-handed measures. Shame on you Expedia!

Tip for consumers:
don't use expedia and/or economy car rental

car rental

nehap61
December 27th, 2021
Verified purchase

We cancelled our tickets in March 2000. Now We made 2 calls since November to book for india trip in march 2022. These tickets were send as confirmed booked but no ticket numbers were sent! Now we got to know tickets weren't booked inspite of getting emails of confirmation. Once they said air Canada was at faulty second time system fault. Now the amount we pay about our credit has increased from initial 600CAD to whooping 3600 CAD
Now it looks like they scammed us! Will keep 6000$ and we have no booking!
We want to sue them now

Tip for consumers:
Please don’t use Expedia for flight booking

Flight booking

peterb1974
January 11th, 2022
Verified purchase

Worst experience ever. Stay away from expedia. Will never use this service again. They take your money but never help you when you have issues. I have been in contact with them for 3 weeks regarding an issue, but they were never able to fix it. I lost my return flight. Stay away

biancag85
October 9th, 2021

Worst booking engine imaginable. Expedia prides themselves on inadequate employees, wrongful bookings, extra charges, lack of communication, long wait times, and no call backs. The only thing Expedia is good at is wasting everyone's time. Dealing with Expedia and their employees is beyond painful. To put things into perspective I rather claw my eyes out with my bare hands than deal with Expedia again. I wouldn't wish this type of customer service on my worst enemy. The only question I have is how is this company still in business?

christiney120
June 6th, 2020

Expedia agreed, promised by phone call and by email to give a full refund on flights booked for March 2020 but cancelled due to Covid. Wait and Wait! 10 weeks later, I finally call to only find out they have no intention of giving the REFUND! Blame the worker! She made a mistake! One Big Fat Lie! Shame on this travel booking platform! A Disgrace to the travel industry! I wish I could give zero stars!

shannonl250
July 7th, 2020

We booked a trip in November to fly to Europe in May. Then Covid 19 shut down all non-essential air travel and instead of getting refunds they advised we would get a credit. I called 3 times. The first two times I received call backs The first call weI said hello and the call disconnected. No call back from the person in India I said hello to. I called Expedia immediately and had another wait time of 45 min. I received a second call back, confirmed my name and then got the dreaded recording that they were having computer issues. I finally reached someone at 5; 30am my time the next day to be told that I have to do their work for them and contact the airline and insurance companies directly. Don't bother to use their service when you do all the work yourself and they end up being an annoying middleman who don't earn their commissions. Book direct or even better use a professional travel agent. I know I will when we can finally travel.

chrisnar
September 21st, 2021

It has been 12 months and they keep finding excuses not to refund me a flight that I canceled!
Even when you ask to speak to a supervisor, they never get back to you!

Please, only if you won a lottery, DO NOT USE EXPEDIA otherwise, you will be just giving your money with nothing in return!

It is a PLEASE
If I have to go through this for you (whoever is reading this) not to, then it is worth it!...

Please book directly with airlines and stay AWAY from EXPEDIA

ninah246
October 30th, 2021

If you you want one less headache in your life please do not book your ticket, hotel or car rental. They don't care about customer service they just want to take your money at any cost. And every agent you talk too will tell you different story regarding whatever it is your having an issue with it's an endless rollercoaster of bs.

amyj1009
October 1st, 2021
Verified purchase

I booked online in Canada and agreed to paying $129.16 Canadian. And I got charged $129.16 in USD so my bill came to $168. I've talked to three different agents and nobody can help me in resolving this issue. I will not be using trivago again and will be sharing this information with friends and family as well.

mb647
July 19th, 2021

8 hours and 3 minutes on hold with Expedia before their line went dead.

2 hours and 12 minutes on July 16 before the same thing happened.

1 hour and 11 minutes on July 15 before the same thing happened.

The call back feature doesn't work.

The online chat isn't helpful.

Someone contact me ASAP.

Never ever ever use Expedia

marka1728
July 21st, 2021

You can absolutely not talk to or even live chat to anyone to make changes, alter your reservations, or ask a question... all the phone numbers provided will absolutely lead to a dead end... you have a better chance of winning a lottery than talking to a live person at expedia... the worst and most frustrating customer service i have ever had for any business in any category

Tip for consumers:
IF you want ZERO customer service then use Expedia.

bernardb227
March 6th, 2020

Terrible customer service. 6 hours on the phone. They just want you to get fed up. And drop the case

francisg112
July 13th, 2021

Don't use this app they stolen money also customer service is worst. We cancel our booking but they charg extra.

yamunav
March 22nd, 2021

I'm trying to reach customer support for 3 days to fix the issue the agent who booked my flight ticket committed. But, I could not reach them even after 2 hr of waiting for each call. I almost make 8 calls like that.
The worst service provider I ever experience. KIND ADVISE TO ALL NEVER EVER USE EXPEDIA TO BOOK ANY FLIGHT IF YOU WANT TO TRAVEL WITH HOPE AND PEACE.

SHAME ON YOU EXPEDIA AND YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Tip for consumers:
NEVER EVER USE THIS WEBSITE. IT'S A KIND ADVISE.

Flight ticket booking

kimb1502
July 26th, 2021

We booked with Expedia for our family vacation in Penticton BC in February! On our arrival at our motel we were informed we would have to move 2 times on our weeks stay in the motel because of the way Expedia booked our stay in there rooms! The first 2 nights in a upper floor 1 night on a lower floor across the way and the back up to a second floor. You have to understand with luggage and food for a week's beach stay with 2 kids! It was very stressful then you have to wait for the person in that room you are waiting to check out and half your day is gone then you do the whole thing over again! This is the first time that Expedia has done this crap to me and I'm not impressed! Now I know why booking with them seems so easy-to-use?

lukmana4
January 5th, 2022
Verified purchase

Stay away from this company. All they do is collect your money with zero support. They ripped us off $13600 and we still trying to get our issues resolved. 4 months after. Nothing is still resolved. All we get is excuses and no money. Stay clear of this company. No honor to the name

coltb5
September 20th, 2020

DO NOT BOOK WITH EXPEDIA! How the hell this company is still in business is bizarre to me. Booked holiday pre-covid-19. Need to cancel trip. Was on hold with them for over an hour to have them say they cant do anything for me. No change of date, voucher or refund. "$#*! out of luck sir" is what he told me! Seriously unprofessional

kevinb1879
April 17th, 2021

Never, Never request a call back when you phone Customer Service, we had a issue, waste of time waiting online so we requested a call back, HUGE mistake, on average it took 7 Plus hours, then we got a rep that could not speak very good English! We gave a credit, we were not able to have full credit amount applied plus on our trip receipt we did not receive a break down of the cost, requested 3 times, would not provide a break down! We have a "Gold" status, so what, doesn't mean anything! This will be our last review about Expedia as we will NEVER deal with them again!

wandaa59
March 19th, 2020

A company should not be judged during good times but rather when things are chaotic. As the COVID-19 crisis rolled out and things were closing around us in Vegas Expedia was no help. It was absolutely impossible to get help to change a flight to come home to Canada from the US sooner. The Expedia app is garbage. They were so behind on flight updates that I had no confidence in them. The problem is WestJet wanted us to change flights through Expedia since they are who we initially booked with. Customer service is garbage. Never again!

They are the worst. Do not. Book ever again with expedia...

By Beth R.