Review of Vacations To Go

Tel: 1-800-338-4962
contact@vacationstogo.com

kenh237
11/20/18

After booking 6 cruises through these people.......Im extremely disappointed and will unlikely deal with them again.

All I will say is.......we are not getting what we paid for......and VTG is doing nothing to rectify the situation. I lost $1000usd...$1300cdn on a less than honest agent.

Response from Kimberly A., Vacations To Go Representative
I'm very sorry that you feel there should have been additional amenities offered for your cruise. We've reviewed this matter and spoken to the cruise line and the promotion you're referring to was not offered on your particular sailing at the time you booked. The supervisors that you have spoken to have done their best to clarify the situation and we are sorry that you are still disappointed.
andrel54
4/8/18

In february i book 3 cruises for december with them;OK. 2 days ago i called my agent to know a price for a cruise in may.She told me the price,i said OK i booke;she said i have something else to do before i will call you back in 10 minutes.20 minutes later she called back and said the price is now $140. more.I said NO. We cruise a lot,and not sure to book with you again.Thank you.

Response from Kimberly A., Vacations To Go Representative
I’m very sorry that you missed out on a lower rate and can certainly understand how disappointing that can be. Cruise prices do fluctuate often – at the cruise line’s discretion – and all rates must be confirmed with the cruise line before finalizing a reservation for a customer. I do apologize that it took your agent longer than expected to confirm the rate and then get back to you with that information, and that we lost your business as a result. I assure you that we will address this matter with her. Thank you for trusting us with your vacation plans in the past and I hope we will have another opportunity to assist you.
tonyk27
11/25/17

This place has some of the worst agents and absolutely most horrible customer service around!

Because of a previous review we read on this company we decided to check early and get details on a cruise before booking with them. We had to contact them on 5 different occasions for information.... THREE times we were given THREE different quotes ONTHE SAME CRUISE (even though the actual display price never changed). Two other time they never even replied.

It's clear that they have no standard of service. How can the same company provide 3 different quotes for the same cruise?!?
The agents are have NO form of customer service training. It's like all they see is commission, commission, commission and if you're not ready to book immediately they could care less.

On a previous issue (like others here) we've been contacted by a Customer Care Manager and even the company CEO. This too was a joke.... the manager kept referring to the wrong cruise line (ie he had no idea which line the ship was from). Then to make matters worse the company CEO said the company never received our email (not knowing we received an auto-reply stating it was successfully received). Don't lie if you know you can't cover your tracks... SMH.

This company is a complete mess and as indicated I won't book a car with them furthermore a cruise!

Cruisedirect & Expedia both offer cruise selection where you can book and see your exact pricing information in real time. No sending off for details and waiting for people to reply.... then having to send off your credit card details... UNPROFESSIONAL !!

Response from Kimberly A., Vacations To Go Representative
Thank you for writing, Tom. I'm sorry to hear about your poor experience. I'm very interested in helping you however, I’m afraid I don’t have enough information to locate your customer record in our system so that I can investigate this further. We'd like to discuss your experience with you and want to invite you to contact our office at 800-338-4962 to speak to one of our managers again. Thank you and we hope to have the opportunity to speak to you soon.
sylviaf18
9/27/17

I booked a transatlantic cruise with Vacations to Go. Got an upgrade, a reasonable price. I was totally satisfied with the service. I thought the booking staff were polite and caring. Great trip on Cunard Lines, Queen Mary ll Eastbound; Queen Victoria - Westbound.

Response from Kimberly A., Vacations To Go Representative
Thank you for your review, Sylvia! We are pleased to hear that you received such friendly service and had such a memorable Cunard cruise. It's our pleasure to help you plan a your vacations and we thank you for your business! We look forward to working with you again in the future!
dianeb155
7/22/17

I have used Vacations to go many times and have been totally satisfied. They have been nothing but professional and helpful. Have been using them for over 10 years for cruises, all inclusives, and Disney. I would give them a 10!!! People who have issues need to always follow thru with cruise lines or all inclusives. They have either sent me a confirmation from hotel or ship lines on every trip I have been on.

Response from Kimberly A., Vacations To Go Representative
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, Diane! We sincerely appreciate that you have trusted us to plan and manage so many vacations for you and your family through the years. We recognize that providing the kind of service that creates customer loyalty is so important and we thank you for yours. We look forward to continuing to work with you for many years to come!
patriciat86
6/30/17

Recently booked a cruise through Vacations to Go for Canada on the Holland America Maasdam sailing May 27. I got the best price around and everything was handled in an excellent manner. This is the 3rd cruise I've booked through them, with satisfactory experience every time. I tell all my friends to check with them for their cruises.

Response from Kimberly A., Vacations To Go Representative
Thank you for your kind words, Patricia! We appreciate your repeat business and the referrals you have sent our way! We strive to deliver a wonderful experience each time a customer calls and we are always glad to hear when that happens. Thank you again for your loyalty and positive feedback and we hope you have a wonderful cruise vacation! We look forward to working with you again in the future!
angeliquec4
4/30/16

Do not book with vacations to go. I paid over 5,000 and booked three cabins and because I had to make changes to my booking more than 15 days before we cruise they took over 1,400 from me, took away my large ocean view room and cramped 4 people in a room with no windows. I was told it would be investigated;however, the owner had the supervisor call me to say that I should have understood the changes. They made me pay for my son twice because he went from one room to the next a room already paid as well. DO NOT BOOK WITH THEM, PLEASE THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT WORKING CLASS PEOPLE . I'm looking for others that had the same problem or any problems. We can get together and focus on changing policies or looking more into this company . I travel on May 21 and will be looking for other to help me in this fight.

Response from Kimberly A., Vacations To Go Representative
Ms. Collins, my name is Kimberly Aven, Senior Director of Customer Communication at Vacations To Go. I’m very sorry to hear about your situation, and can certainly understand why you are so upset. It is our goal to make the cruise booking experience an enjoyable one, and it sounds like you have encountered some difficulties that have made this entire process frustrating for you and your family. We wish we could convince the cruise line to allow you to make all of the changes you have requested without assessing a penalty. Unfortunately, it’s up to the cruise line to decide whether or not they will allow cancellations and name changes at the last minute, and also waive any fees. I am sorry to hear you are still upset with our company, but we hope you have a wonderful cruise and wish you all the best.
annd54
1/5/16

We have booked many cruises with Vacations to Go and have always had excellent service. We use the same agent each time and she is extremely helpful and efficient. We only booked one cruise on our own and the stress was awful, I leave everything in the very capable hands of Anne and just worry about packing my bags. I am ready to book a new cruise and I will leave all the details to Vacations to Go.

Response from Kimberly A., Vacations To Go Representative
Thank you for continuing to trust us to plan your cruise vacations. We look forward to being of continued service!
debbief18
7/1/15

The original agent that helped me would not put anything on hold or give me anytime to discuss amongst my family. We lost the rooms we wanted and ended up booking with another agent. The original agent wrote me back a nasty text about losing her commission. I am the one spending close to $8,000 on a cruise and not getting the rooms I wanted.

Response from Kimberly A., Vacations To Go Representative
My name is Sorrell Warren and I am the VP, Agent Service Evolution. I am sorry to hear that you had difficulty booking your vacation with us. The policies and hold times are set by the cruise lines or travel suppliers and our agents are trained to place rooms on hold whenever possible. I apologize that did not happen in your case. The email you describe is also inappropriate. I invite you to call Vacations To Go and ask for me so that I may apologize and also get details of the agent that you were working with.
destinis
11/10/14

Booked a cruise out of Charleston after Leslie Wright harassed us for a week straight with phone calls at dinner time! Drove 4 hours to the port, paid $90 to park car for a week, boarded the ship AND THEN WERE TOLD THE CRUISE WAS NEVER BOOKED FOR US!!! WE HAD ALL THE RIGHT PAPERWORK BUT THE CRUISE LINE WOULDN'T LET US STAY! WE HAVE BEEN KICKED OFF AND NOW THEY CAN'T FIND OUR LUGGAGE! THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE OUR 25TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY TRIP! THEY HAVE SCREWED UP OUR ENTIRE ANNIVERSARY WEEK! EXPENSIVE WEDDING GIFT HAS BEEN LOST WITH THE LUGGAGE! WORST EXPERIENCE EVER! Manager is Vacations to go is rude. Told us that he could only book us a later cruise AND it would be more expensive!!! These people have no decency about them! They can call everyday harassing people but they can't actually book a cruise! Now we are stuck in a city with no reservations, no clothes, and no anniversary gifts. Instead of Bahamas we have cold Charleston!

NEVER BOOK WITH VACATIONSTOGO OR LESLIE WRIGHT

Response from Kimberly A., Vacations To Go Representative
My name is Sorrell Warren and I am the Vice President of Customer Service at Vacations To Go. I regret that your cruise was not booked correctly. I see that you were not charged for the cruise. When you contacted us that day we were able to find you a cabin on the ship. It was in a lower category but offered at a lower rate. We also offered additional onboard credit but you declined to sail in that cabin. Thank you for speaking with me today. I look forward to hearing from you again shortly as we strive to resolve this.
bille7
8/25/13

In all fairness to Vacations to Go I have waited several months before posting my own personal negative experience in hopes there would be some satisfactory outcome to my situation but surprisingly no, there is no happy ending to my story.

My friends shared with me their vacation plans on board an NCL trip departing Copenhagen this summer and invited me to come along. I was so pleased to find the sailing available and at a great price too at Vacations to Go, so I called immediately.

A Vacations to Go Representative handled my call and offered the expected expertise and friendly customer service Ive experienced in the past, after the details were settled I booked the trip and was set to go.

Then unfortunate events; days prior to the trip I looked over my confirmation details that are electronically signed by the VTG rep and CEO Alan Fox with my departure date and links to the NCL site to deal with details of the trip.

I was fortunate to click those links when I did and not some later time, discovering NCL had a different departure date listed than the confirmed date presented by Vacations to Go? Of course I quickly called my Rep; he made calls to NCL and consulted with his manager. He acknowledged he had indeed made a terrible mistake and that the sailing I was confirmed for was sold out and there was nothing he could do, nothing.

Of course this sets off a chain of events in my world from my employer, significant others, airfare and on down the list.

Sometime later after sending a letter to CEO Alan Fox, I received a call from a manager who offered a 10% discount on another trip; I consider this an insult really, all the while waiting for the response any first class operation should offer: What can we do to make you happy? That response didnt come and so ends my relationship with Vacations To Go.

Adding further frustration after the fact; friends returning from the cruise were informed that there were indeed empty cabins; NCL told my friends the cruise was indeed undersold.

Like a fine hotel, there is an expectation of superior customer service with Vacations to Go. I was let down and will not return.
As well intended and friendly the representative was does not make up for the facts here, there are indeed consequences that effect customers lives with failed customer service. Every detail needs to be buttoned up before confirming a trip.

Bill

joanner5
5/21/13

Vacations To Go is supposed to have a lot of deals on cruises, but I was not able to find any deals that were any better than what I could find on Cruise Critics or even Kayak.

laurelr
9/19/11

My fiance and I used vactiosntogo to set up a cruise for our wedding/honeymoon. We reserved with Alice. She was awesome. I liked the site in that the discounts were real. IF I went direct tot eh cruiseline website, I foudn the prices there were indeed much more expensive than through vacationstogo. They also arranged airfare and transportation to the dock at SUPER low rates, and also on perfect schedules with the time we were to leave and return.

Thanks for writing, Roger. We hope you had a great time on the hosted singles cruise over Halloween through the Panama Canal! In an effort to respect passenger privacy, we aren't able to release a list of everyone that traveled with the Vacations To Go singles group. We do set up a Facebook page before the cruise so passengers have the opportunity to get to know one another beforehand if they choose. That page is still active and I will ask one of our managers to reach out to you with the web address so that you can reconnect with some of your fellow travelers. We look forward to seeing you on another hosted singles cruise soon!

By Kimberly A., Vacations To Go Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Vacations To Go staff and other customers.

Vacations To Go?