Review of PayPal

pending_reversal@paypal.com
2017 Customer choice award

johnb2611
7/14/19

people think that to buy in ebay is safe due to the feedbacks, and all the fortune of ebay is based on this
but this is false, for these reasons:
the feedback are anonimized, you can't see the nick of the ebayer who released a feedback and is impossible to contact it in order to ask for clarification
the feedback is too short, just 80 characters, so impossible to describe whats happened
ebay remove the negative feedback of the sellers with a good business, at the request of the seller
4 often the unhappy buyers, do not release a negative feedback, because they are afraid of receiving a negative feedback from the seller, for this reason, seller wait until the buyer release a good feedback, and only then he release a good feedback for the buyer

DO NOT TRUST EBAY, AND DO NUT BUY NOTHING ON EBAY, AS ALL THE PRICES ARE CHARGED OF 14% (10% EBAY FEE PLUS 4% PAYPAL FEE)

EACH PROFESSIONAL SELLER OWN A PROPRIETARY WEB PAGE AND THE PRIVATE EBAYERS ALMOST ALWAYS HAVE THE SAME ITEM LISTED ON OTHER SITES, AS GUMTREE FOR EXAMPLE, SO SIMPLY SEARCH THE SAME ITEM OUT OF EBAY, AND YOU WILL SAVE 14% OR MORE

viviang51
7/10/19

Do Not use Paypal as a purchase option!!!!!!! Especially if it is from a FOREIGN COUNTRY. I recently made the mistake of purchasing four pairs of shoes from CHINA. What I got was laughable and damaged goods, and after filing a dispute with paypal, posting to their site pictures of what I received they still sided with the SCAM COMPANY. I will never use them again to purchase anything and have closed my account with them. I know I'm only one person but if enough ONE'S cut them off they will eventually feel it and maybe give the little guys Better customer service. I also posted a negative review on their website and low and behold it was removed by them guess the truth hurts.

johns3108
7/10/19

Filed dispute, was told the sent me an email with regard to dispute that I didn't respond to. This is false as I've received numerous statements and policy updates but never did they send me an email with regard to this dispute. They clearly work for the vendor and to hell with the little guy.

alicem291
7/9/19

Hello, my account pay pal was hacked and the seller is OK if Paypal cancel the payement. And Paypal does not agrre. It's really cheating and not protecting the consumer and ever the seller. Avoid Paypal. Now I discover banls have similar services more secured.

millieb17
7/9/19

With hold payments for no reason, don't read emails just reply with. Standard response every time. Sold a handbag on eBay, buyer paid, tracked postage so could see when she received it and still PayPal won't release my money, they just hold in their account for no reason. eBay need to find another provider,

davidc1778
7/5/19

After over 14 years as a business/personal user Pay Pal locked me out of my account. The reason, I am traveling and am not in the U.S. I have multiple payments made from the same country made through Pay Pal where orders have not been filled. I can't access the resolution center, I can't view the transaction because I can't login because I am not in the U.S. Pay Pal's response, "there is currently noway for a user to login from another country". So, don't travel! One can't resolve Pay Pal issues without returning to the U.S. or country where the account was verified. I still own a business and have bank accounts in the U.S. but will never again use Pay Pal for any transactions. The arbitrary decision to prevent the access to your account based solely on your current location is unacceptable.

amyh417
7/3/19

Very very displeased with the new PayPal and what they call their Resolution Center that apparently just backs up the scammers from China. Sad, I feel like they used to offer consumer protection, but that's no longer the case. Time to look for a reputable company that offers better service. Bye-bye PayPal... you can keep the scammers.

rahulk130
7/3/19

Paypal customer care number 8116981288...7542818085..9931788848...
Paypal customer care number 8116981288...7542818085...9931788848

evelynw62
7/2/19

if I could give a lower than one star I would. I made a buy it now purchase on ebay. If you are a Canadian paypal converts you to USD - ok with that. What I am not ok with is when you make a return they convert that USD to Canadian instead of just leaving the US in your paypal account. eg. My buy it now was 19.99. They charged me $27 in exchange. I did not get the item so I put it to resolution to get a refund and they gave me $18 back. Do the math.

miket482
7/2/19

I've been with PayPal since 2003. Always used them to process my credit card sales. All linked to my bank account as a verified seller. Over the past 16 years we have processed thousands of sales without issues. We are an honest business.
Lately I received an email stating that my account was suspended and I needed to provide a whole bunch of proofs about my business.
Paypal is a credit card processor, not a bank or government agency. The money in the PP account is not covered by CDIC. Their job is to process the credit card payment and put the money in my bank account. I feel that the information requested is none of their business. These are the information requested:
Business
Officer
Officer information
Account
Purpose of your account
Really???? Way to much sensitive information. Who would have access to this?
So, I open credit card processing account with Square and an other one with Stripe. I already processed payments in both USD and CAD. No need to give any deep business or personal information.
In conclusion I think with so many PP alternatives available there is no reasons to provide such important info to simply process credit card payments. Rather than closing it, I decided to let my Paypal account dormant. Good night PayPal......see you again in 10 years????

lisetteg1
7/2/19

They have no interest in protecting you, the consumer. But they will do everything to protect crooked Chinese sellers that rip people off. FashionMia owed me for 3 items they never delivered and refused to refund me. As a result of a claim with Paypal, Paypal took their side by saying that I should return the items in order to get a refund. How stupid can they be. Even after telling Paypal I can't return what I never received, they still took the Seller's side and denied my claim.

megm47
6/24/19

I've been a PayPal customer and credit card holder for years. But no more! I contacted them about an online purchase I made from a fraudulent clothing company called Nora Cora. The company would not allow me to return the items I needed to, In fact, they would not provide me an address for returns for weeks until I involved PayPal. But it ended up that Paypal was no better to deal with than the company who wanted me to return my items to Hong Kong!!! Or to give them away as gifts as they suggested. I called Paypal, I emailed Paypal, I responded to their online customer service. They just kept sending me Form responses. They told me to return the items on the same day that Nora Cora told me they would not accept the items because it was beyond the 15 days...yet it took them eight weeks to deliver. PayPal denied my claim because I did not pay to return the items to Hong Kong in order to receive tracking information. Cut up my PayPal card. They did not have my back. I'll never use them again. American Express would have helped me!

janetd193
6/21/19

I have been trying to transfer my money to a real bank for days. Their customer resolution has been non-existent. I keep getting these people at a call center on the other side of the world who literally tell me that they can't help me. The automatic help is no help either.

Paypal makes money by keeping people's money as long as possible.

gwenr33
6/20/19

I signed up with paypal because I thought they were a safe way to purchase from ebay. Someone used my name, changed my email address and payment method and charged $499.95 to my name. I had no idea it had happened until I got a letter from a collection agency that paypal sent me to. Paypal is refusing to do anything because I had already been sent to collections. If it can happen to me it can happen to anyone. BEWARE!!!

amym701
6/18/19

This company is absolutely dishonest and has total double standards - if your a Chinese seller don't worry paypal will do everything to make sure they keep you, and will try to get in the way of honest people getting their money back from Chinese sellers who rip them off. PayPal will try to coax you to call them so they have no "paper trail" and will do all they can to stop you getting your eligible refund and their Paypal protection in nothing but a fraudulent scam where they change the rules at a the drop of a hat!!!
My advice make sure everything is in EMAIL format and make their illegal tactics known - PAYPAL NEEDS TO BE EXPOSED FOR WHAT THEY ARE - LIARS CHEATERS AND SCAMMERS!
They are crooks and should be investigated - something needs to change and fast!!!!

emmar64
6/17/19

used to be ok when they used us call centers. they now have hostile men answering the phone in foreign call centers "brian" was pseuonym he used. 3rd try calling them. mr brian hung up on me when I asked about a usa call center. there was a never ending unexpected pause, but the phone was still on. im sure that PayPal then I chatted online with a woman "Lynn" . she did not supply a differnt number and said I woukd get someone different. Yes another hostlie man in asaia. 3x im done! 10 cents a day i would be resentful like brian or lynn.

lb254
6/11/19

I used PayPal to purchase a car cover. Unfortunately it was not what my husband expected, so I had to return it. The car cover vendor told me a certain amount would be removed from shipping costs, but they ended up doubling the amount they told me it would cost, so I after trying to contact the vendor, I went to PayPal to resolve it. They put in a dispute for me, and a few days later said the vendor said they charged me the correct amount. I contacted PayPal to give them more evidence of the overcharged amount, but I had to stay online for 20 min to get through to someone in a foreign country, then they worked on getting me a "credit" due to the inconvenience I had suffered. But when I got off the phone, I realized they had not given me a confirmation number, and sure enough, the next day when I went to check on the credit, it was not in my paypal account. I called them again, waited on the phone for a long time, then the people from a foreign country told me they don't give credits and they don't know why the guy would have said that. They told me to submit my info and they would get back to me. This conversation took nearly 45 minutes. I ended up going to my credit card company attached to the paypal account and had them fix the disputed amount. Pay Pal will not help you, so I no longer would recommend them when purchasing something you might have to send back or return!

jeremyw196
6/11/19

Don't try taking money out at Walkart through their barcode method. All you get back is a confused cashier (a Walmart problem that PayPal only adds to) and a slip that says unable to process transaction even though everything in your account is verified and checks out, and the money is available. I've had nothing buy problems with PayPal and I'm just going to give up on them. Thanks for the effort, PayPal, but you just don't really care at all. You've lost another customer, but I don't suppose that really matters, you billion-dollar money house. Have a great day.

scottc409
6/10/19

I started using PayPal a couple years after it was established, it has never caused me any problems and always works. Perfect for paying for things together with your friends, family and large groups in general. Never once I have worried about the security and safety of my financial business with them. It's a no-brainer if you don't have it.

sophiam87
6/9/19

Paypal is a very nice international money transfer platform. It is a very nice money transfer platform. It has also very good offers and the support team is also very great. Using it from last 2 years. Must recommend it.

gemmam38
6/6/19

Hi guys i launched my own business in June 2018 as a limited company and started trading on ebay.co.uk everything was running fine until the beginning of May when paypal limited my account and asked me to send £20,000 worth of purchase receipts which i did (all from reputable suppliers 20% drop shipping) they then put a 20% reserve on my account 30 days later i received the email below. After me contacting them repeatedly i asked for the reasons they stated i was connected to another account and i was high risk i gave an explanation of why i was connected to the account as the lady who owned that account was also my accountant and bookkeeper and she also traded on ebay. We also share an office premises with over 45 businesses who many of are ebay sellers i also explained that to them, I'm a single mother who has ran my company from day one with no problems whatsoever all my accounts are up to date and they have refused to reinstate my account or release my money here is a copy of the email received any help will be much appreciated guys.
Dear Gemma McArdle,

Important information:
We regret to inform you that we're initiating the closure of your PayPal account. This measure is necessary to protect us from potential financial losses.
Your right to appeal:

We always perform a thorough investigation before deciding to initiate the closure of an account. We appreciate that from time to time misunderstandings can happen. To appeal our decision log in to your PayPal account at paypal. and click 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal page.

This decision means we need to oversee the appropriate movement of any money currently in your account. A gradual approach to account closure allows us to part ways, while considering any liabilities that may arise. Our aim is to review any valid buyer claims lodged against you. We need to allow enough time for claims to be filed as these can take several months to be reported and resolved.

How and when will my account balance be released?

1. We'll hold any money currently in your account in accordance with section 2 below. We do this because it provides sufficient time for most claims, such as chargebacks, to be filed by other parties. These claims can result in financial loss. If your account balance is below zero, you'll have to settle the amount owing on your account to avoid further action.

2. Our first review at 30 days from the date of this email will calculate our exposure and we'll release any excess funds to you at that time for withdrawal. We'll communicate this to you at the time. This review can result in 3 different outcomes as detailed in subsections 2(1)-(3) below.

2.1. We'll release your entire remaining balance to you for withdrawal. Note: If you choose not to withdraw the money at that point we reserve the right to recoup any money at the next review; or

2.2. We'll release a part of your remaining balance to you. If so we'll inform you about how much money can be withdrawn. We'll then conduct another review 30 days later that will repeat the process detailed under section 2; or

2.3. We won't release any funds to you if we deem our exposure to be greater than or equal to your available balance.

Your account may be reviewed up to 5 times; at 30 day intervals until day 180 from the date of this email. If any money remains in your account at day 180, it will be made available for withdrawal at that point.

When we part ways with merchants, where insolvency or administration is in place, or in some specific business models, we will usually hold funds up to 180 days.

Accounts with a balance owing to PayPal:

If your account shows an amount owing to us, you need to add funds to make sure that the balance returns to zero. Note: We reserve the right to recover the amount by legal means.

A copy of our User Agreement can be found by clicking 'Legal' at the bottom of any PayPal page and then click 'User Agreement for PayPal Service'. Our right to close your PayPal account, and the retention of funds, are covered in our User Agreement under sections 10.2 and 10.3.

Yours sincerely,

PayPal

sibusisos
6/5/19

I opened an account with PayPal but never used it but when I needed to use it they never gave me trouble
And they kept me informed through emails if they were changes in their policies, so I recommend it to others

ninah154
6/3/19

I like not having to pull out my credit card, but their customer protection services are terrible. And they bury some pages so deep that I wonder if they want you not to use them. That said, I use them a decent amount and do appreciate it's existence. But it's not a great faith builder in Ebay purchases.

aweh
6/2/19

Again,be careful to this site,
i have 2 times withdraw money to my local bank,from May 15th, and May 16th 2019,
and until this day, i did not receive my money.
i have already contact them, no solutions, maybe my money gone,
How this happen, its scammer?
Why Paypal can't contact directly from email?..
Why They don't have online Live Chat ? like Payoneer?,example.
so we can contact directly,

They have another option to contact by phone, but,is very expensive from over the world.

one again,, be careful.
beware....

Regards

jesusr78
5/31/19

1st of all for those that dont know PayPal is so horrible that Ebay is on in process of taking PayPal out of there business site for 1 reason only and that's because of the large amount of unsatisfied customers making Ebay look bad so if a big company like Ebay is taking them out that's enoff to say stay away from PayPal you dont need them just use your credit or debit card and if there is any problems let Ebay deal with it also just to inform you PayPal is dealing with 3rd party companies out of the United states and there teaming up with them giving them the advantage of winning a case like what happened to me I purchased an item off Ebay 3 hours later the seller was kicked out of the site for not getting Authorized to sell the item I called Ebay notified them of the problem they sent me to PayPal after giving the seller 10 days to respond he responded on the 9th day now they gave me 3 days to respond but they never sent an email so they closed my case now I had to reopen my case giving the seller 10 more days he once again waited till the 10th day to respond and he did so once again PayPal informed me dont worry we will handle this and no more emails will be sent that was a lie and they sent an email that I had 3days to respond or I would loose the case so I called late at night before they closed and I got into a heated Argument with the Resources office and told them I could not get into the file to dispute it she kept telling me you must get into the file and file your dispute or I would loose the case I gave up send her to hell and closed my account.....
Stay away from PayPal...

618 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

no, please don't do it, they killed my business!! Theyll just hold all your money for no reason

By rew r.

First thing, wishful thinking on the group protest. Great idea, but can't see it ever happening. I have had a few reasons to use the dispute process and I have to say in the end the issues were resolved full to my satisfaction with 1 exception. However navigating their process is time consuming and highly frustrating. Just stick with it and you will get there, hopefully?

By Kevin C.

Don't do it or be very cautious and major on top of it. Seems PayPal is getting worse and worse and im banning any business from China..to many scams PayPal backs up

By Tiffany H.

Questions? Get answers from the PayPal staff and other customers.

PayPal?