Review of PayPal

pending_reversal@paypal.com
2017 Customer choice award

nichitas
2/13/19

Never ever payPayPal! Buyers protection??? Just words... When you dispute transactions due to item not arrived they decline it... Nice protection... Customer service: it is nothing connected to word service. They do not know what is it... High commissions.... for what? for rude and unpolite answers from customer service...
Before I saw it by myself I even did not knew that PayPal has so bad reviews.
Do not use their service's! If it can be so called.

sarahh219
2/13/19

PayPal is great as long as you never need customer service. I was recently scammed by a compan - they took my money but didn't send me what I ordered. I paid with PayPal so I filed a dispute. PayPal sided in favor of the scammers. I tried talking to customer service about this because clearly they wouldn't aid criminal activity. Nope, I was wrong. Apparently, they would. Not to mention talking to customer service was it's own trial. Half the time their responses seemed canned and didn't have anything to do with what I was disputing.

kymm14
2/4/19

Awful customer service when something goes wrong! Pretty muchn write their own rules so they dont have to do any work or investigations.

ivans109
2/4/19

I use it regularly since 2004.
I'm mainly a buyer but sometimes I also sell something online. PayPal's conditions are very clear and, once understood, it's difficult to have problems.
I can't quantify the number of times it has saved my wallet from dishonest sellers. I do many online purchases and at least 5-6 times a year I run into a problem that is solved only thanks to PayPal.
For this reason I recommend it and for this reason now I only purchase where I can use PayPal as a payment method.

torreym5
1/23/19

if you have no issues, it works flawlessly. If you have an issue and have to call, they bounce you around to different foreigners who have no clue that you just talked to 3 other people. Their fees are plenty high, but it is a useful tool. They need to implement better customer service.

lakishap6
1/16/19

Paypal wants me to go get a $100 card to get a refund. I'm really irritated and I'm so sick of talking to foreigners who are not speaking well. I don't see why they want just give a refund without all this extra bull$#*!. They have really pissed me off and one of the ppl kept trying to get me to go get the card after I kept telling him I got furniture being delivered I'm not leaving over and over and I finally hung up. I'm really thinking of not using PayPal any more. It's too much of a hassle to get my funds. $#*! PAYPAL!!

robertr708
1/14/19

Paypal is great because it limits the number of companies and people to whom you have to give your credit card information. I like to do mail order from China and appreciate not having to give my financial information to companies I'm not certain about.

I started using Paypal again after my credit card number was copied and cloned and have not had a problem since.

leticiam25
1/9/19

Very hard to get in contact with company. I try to verify my account but every time get an error and that is not solved. Bad company!!

rinthak2
1/8/19

Paypal does not protect sellers against dishonest buyers. Buyers complain weeks later and lie, lie, lie and Paypal takes your money and returns to buyer, despite you proving they recieved said merchandise.

Tip for consumers: If you are on the recieving side of a transaction good luck if a dishonest person complains.

bretti4
1/3/19

I sell a digital product online and offer a 7 day moneyback guarantee but Paypal offers buyers a 180 day guarantee. Here is a hint for you all. All you have to do is say "I didn't recieve my product" and you get a full refund. What a joke!!!
I have had buyers use my course for 4 months and then simply open a claim saying they didn't get it and Paypal INSTANTLY sides with buyer and refunds them and debits my account. I am DONE Paypal.
Paypal has taken the role of BOSS of my company and decided that they will operate my refund policy and offer it for 6 months. Paypal you are a $#*!ing disgrace to business! $#*! you!! Goodbye Paypal, hello to your competitors.
WePay.
2CheckOut.
Authorize.Net.
Skrill.
Intuit.
ProPay.
Dwolla.

As a business offering digital products including music, ebooks, tickets or music, remember the day you read this here. Best luck. Don't use Paypal. Their customer service sucks also. Cheers.

jeniferl15
1/2/19

If there is any way I can give a Negative rating and not zero then I would prefer to give the least possible rating to PayPal.

1. Extremely high commissions - Close to 5% of commission (Processing fee + Currency exchange rates included)
2. Pathetic Customer Care - They will ensure they never ever support the merchant
3. CHARGEBACK CASES - Every chargeback case will result in favour of the buyer no matter what you do or how many proofs you provide. However, PayPal will ensure they charge 11.8 USD to fight per chargeback case. So you have to Pay PayPal 11.8 USD just to lose the case.

Support from PayPal

Recently a buyer of mine filed PayPal dispute on 10 Orders she has placed over a span of 3 months. She filed chargeback cases on all 10 orders within 15 minutes. Basically, she had received the services from me which I could not take back and after that she filed the disputes to get all her money back.

1. It took me 5 phone calls over a span of 2 weeks to ensure that a supervisor from paypal takes time out of his busy schedule and responds to my queries i.e. call me
2. The supervisor tells me that he understands that customer is behaving irrationally and he cannot do anything about it as these are chargeback cases
3. So I end up spending 11.80 USD to fight 20 Chargeback cases for 10 Orders placed by the customer. I lose the money the customer paid to get the service. I lose 11.8*20 USD to PayPal to fight the case.

I really feel helpless in such situations when I have done everything I could and still PayPal does not help me or support me when they know I am right.

This is just 1 incident and I can narrate atleast 15-20 incidences like these over a span of 1 year

FRAUD COMPANY

lindaw556
12/31/18

They blocked my paypal for no reason, I tried to communicate with them and simply like others got ignored. Customer service is a joke.

Digging Deeper into EvilPay

theguardian
Donations made using PayPal platform may never reach charities, lawsuit says

If you Google the theguardian in there search put PayPal, you better sit down...

They really thing themselves Gods on the Internet, walking over who ever they please

PayPal aka EvilPay profoundly immoral and wicked !

Really sums them up

Do not make the mistake I did and put your livelihood / business in EvilPay hands.

khadenw
12/30/18

I have had nothing but issues with this company. Their customer service is terrible, I cannot get anything solved right away as the staff is clearly incompetent and never seems to understand the problem until I explain it like I would for a 3 year old. The site is impossible to navigate, the links are incorrect and redirect you to the wrong pages. There is no way to contact anyone except through CHAT and nobody responds there. I am unable to remove a linked bank account that has been shut down because they claim there is a "pending transaction" which is completely untrue. When I try to close my account all together it says I can't because they are "authorizing" my account, whatever that means. I've had the account long enough for them to have already authorized it. DO NOT SIGN UP IF YOU CAN HELP IT

michelleb628
12/25/18

They are nothing but a bunch of crooks. I just lost $126.00 on an item that I bought on eBay but never received. They ruled in the seller's favor even though there was clear evidence that I did not receive my item. There is no buyer protection with Paypal ...they just don't care period! At this point I'll take my chances with other alternatives.

vins5
12/24/18

I have been using PayPal a lot lately and they're improving in ways. But it's still pretty inconvenient at gas stations, where you have to go inside and prepay if you have less than 300$ or other high amount in your account. They've come a long way from being a small payment processor, and are now almost at the level of a major bank. But they could be more flexible.

kevinc532
12/14/18

I love the concept of Pay Pal. They make online purchasing, making payments or just sending funds very easy and almost hassle free. Where they let them selves down is the customer service end and I suspect some not so straight up practices like withholding money from hitting your account etc. Navigating the complaints process is difficult and you would nearly need to do a 1 day course to figure it out. I would love to see some real and viable competition to them however as competition drives improvement, as well as choice for consumers. I would also like to see more transparency & oversight. There are some real horror stories online which prevents me from leaving any funds in my account.

noneyab8
12/10/18

I went to print out my payouts for advertising expenditures for tax purposes. And although there was a list of over a dozen invoices we paid using PayPal over the past month the largest bill we paid was left off. EVEN THOUGH a little $17 payment was clearly on the list for the very same day as the largest one that was missing. So I went back to my email box to verify that we really did pay it through PayPal the same day as that little one that was showing paid and sure enough, there was a gmail email saying that we paid it.

So what would be the motive here? Why would PayPal conveniently leave off, from our printable records, of the largest invoice we paid, yet the little $17 invoice was listed?

Both were paid on the same day. All we can come up with is that PayPal is "in Kahoots" with "The Man" (that three letter govt. agency in order to make it difficult for small businesses to kep track of their receipts.

If anyone else has experienced this please list it on this site so their corruption and greed is made clear to regular, hard working American citizens.

dasas
12/1/18

I cannot change the address in my account. I agreed with the seller on the correct shipping address. For an unknown reason the item was sent to the paypal address and the seller stopped responding. Paypal decided in her favour. Still had not understood why. The customer service is dreadful: you have option to upload attachments to the email - so you do so - the email gets rejected stating they cannot accept it and you have to upload it somewhere in the paypal. You write you dont have such option - they dont read the emails and keep telling you to go and upload... For the third time someone reads it and finally "guides you" to attach it to the email. They dont read the emails history, seems they dont even read the evidence (they even didnt ask for it and were done with the case within 30 minutes), they dont accept their part of responsibility for not allowing you to change the address, they refuse to share the responsibility between you and the seller, they refuse to refund you the difference in shipping cost... And they have never been able to explain why they have decided in the seller´s favour. So they dont let me to update the details, the seller deliberately changes the address to be delivered too (even the country is different), and its me who is beaten up. Excellent. They made me believe they decide the cases based on "heads or tails" or, even worse, on the nationality.

queeni1
12/1/18

I wanted PayPal to answer a simple question: who pays the return postage from Australia to Canada on a faulty item, me or the seller. A basic yet important question requiring a one word answer. Instead I received multiple cut and paste messages that didn't answer the question. I suspect there are robots answering, not real people because how could a human be that stupid?

I see this is a small problem compared to what others have experienced. Criminal.

stevej276
11/24/18

This is the only review I've ever written. It is so bad, that I took the time to find a place to review this joke of a company! Why is it that PayPal gets to decide they want to keep my money for weeks without a good reason? I have sold many items on eBay, and every single time, I have to go through multiple calls, emails, and sometimes even bothering the customer to get my money from PayPal.

My most recent issue was today actually. I sold an item through eBay's Global Shipping Program. The buyer received the item 3 days ago and PayPal claims they have no record of that. I offered the woman on the phone to show her the ebay page that said it was delivered, and she said they don't work like that.

So now, I have to reach out to the customer and bother him during his day. PayPal said I'll have to email him with some link where he can then confirm he got the item. I shouldn't have to go through all of this, and neither should the customer. This is the most shady way of doing business I've ever seen! I'm gonna have to completely write off PayPal, because this is getting absurd.

hristoi
11/24/18

Sold item on ebay for 13usd. The account turned out to be stolen. Had to refund. Lost the product. Lost the money. And now they want to charge me a fee of 20usd.....which is even more than what I refunded!
I dont have any words for this.

Avoid at all costs if you are a seller.

If you are a buyer, a hacker or a stupid phishing victim - then this is the heaven for you.

Now that i think of it, nothing can stop you even from faking a stolen account. You can login from a friend's computer, buy some digital goods, some fast shipping ones, some online services. Receive them. Then say that your account was stolen - and they will refund you and you will get to keep all the goods too.

Terrible company. Just terrible. They were decent once...but not anymore. No surprise that ebay are discontinuing the deal with them.

beng152
11/20/18

Customer service wait time is horrible. After waiting 1 1/2hours for a call back, the tech said that he would have to switch me to another department.Waited another hour listening to that terrible music and that JERK constantly talking about PayPal. After waiting another hour, I hung up!

matts424
11/16/18

There is no way Paypal deserve 4 stars!
I have used a paypal account for over ten years now through my business unfortunately it was forced upon my by ebay. With a regular annual income of around £60k i constantly have transfers held sometimes for up to a week and occasionally declined by paypal. This makes running a company and using paypal very unreliable, the customer services have no idea why they hold my transfers and even worse seem they have no control over any of my funds and can never resolve it. The excuse is always 'a security check' and it can take up to 72 hours to process, i wonder why so many constant security checks are needed when sending money from my own paypal account to my own registered bank account? its just a poor excuse to cover up the interest money generating machine they run I would not recommend anyone to paypal.

erlendm
11/14/18

After a dispute with seller which was paid via paypal.com I contacted paypal.com to get my money back for the postal fee taken for cancelled mercandise. A lot of evidence was uploaded to the paypal.com site where the seller in fact admits that all the postal fee isn't paid back for the cancelled parts. It seems for me that the case proceedings wasn't to proffesional and they jumped to conclusions after some minutes even with 35 pages with attachment. I don't think they even read it!

The final answer to this from paypal is that I got some of the money back, anyway postal fees was not covered by the buyers protection program so they couldn't help me!! I cancelled my paypal.com account immediatly!

In addition is it cheaper to let VISA do the transaction between currencies than using paypal.com.

ahmadt10
11/10/18

PayPal limited my account and they never ever sent an email with the reason. Just bla bla aggrement.

618 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

First thing, wishful thinking on the group protest. Great idea, but can't see it ever happening. I have had a few reasons to use the dispute process and I have to say in the end the issues were resolved full to my satisfaction with 1 exception. However navigating their process is time consuming and highly frustrating. Just stick with it and you will get there, hopefully?

By Kevin C.

Don't do it or be very cautious and major on top of it. Seems PayPal is getting worse and worse and im banning any business from China..to many scams PayPal backs up

By Tiffany H.

By Sean S.

Questions? Get answers from the PayPal staff and other customers.

PayPal?