Review of PayPal

pending_reversal@paypal.com
2017 Customer choice award

maryses
4/15/19

This company really has gone downhill. I called Paypal 10 times because they kept on reversing my payments every time I made a purchase. It really was getting frustrating. i spoke to the agents, supervisors and a manager all stationed in the Philippines . After wasting my time hours on the phone with these ignorant people I got absolutely nowhere! They never kept notes.
The merchant never canceled my order and neither did I. I also have a perfect rating with this company as I have been a member for 12 years. They DID NOTHING! NEVER TOOK RESPONSIBILITY!!
I hate this company....STAY AWAY!!

monserratep
4/9/19

I bought a Native American item paid through paypal (Low case) and never received the item the usps (low case) claim they delivered, but where? Not in my mailbox . I honestly think the mailman took the package for himself. But for my surprise paypal contacted me and said you loose your case meaning you did not received your item and also you loose your money There is nothing we could do the because usps claim the package was delivered, delivered where? Not in my mailbox. I feel robbed by eBay, seller j&m state ??????, usps and paypal. I will never ever use their services. They get from me a big ZERO to the left. Thank you kindly. MP

waynel116
4/8/19

Been using for years as payment from buyers on FEEbay... NO choice really, if you sell on FEEbay. A few minor incidents, but overall a good experience with this payment venue.

If I didn't sell on FEEbay, I would probably not be using PayPal whatsoever.

ramn9
4/5/19

I delivered a website for a UK employer named Pravi. She paid on paypal & disputed money. Paypal didn't listen me even i provided all proof and refunded her money. Not recommended. Full of scammers.

****************Scam Alert!******************

By profession i am a web developer. I was hired for website development work by a UK employer named Pravi on 16th March 2019 i had completed her work on 1st march 2019 and after that she made payment on paypal and asked me to upload her website on her server. As soon as i uploaded website on her server she changed all credentials of her hosting and website and disputed money on paypal.

I shared all proofs and screenshots which i communicated with buyer and provided all valid proof. First dispute came in my fovor then again buyer Pravi made a false appeal on paypal without any proof and paypal again made money on hold and asked me to provide additional proof. Again i provide all the proof to paypal resolution center but they didn't care my valid proof and returned money to buyer. I appealed again and this Sh**t company didn't give me a F**k and decision made in favor of buyer.

If you are a service provider i will strongly recommend not to take money via this website for your work otherwise you will loose your money if buyer will make a false complaints as you don't know which buyer is fraud or scammer. This Company Paypal full of scammer and didn't caring sellers proof and returns money to buyer without caring any valid proof.

I am not only one who suffered from this you can see other reviews as well:

Paypal is not good for service provider and you will loose your handwork and money both

farod
4/5/19

Very bad service blocked my money for 180 days, I've been trading since 9 years on Ebay, and Ebay and I have a 100% legit business, but as soon I trade objects that are expensive they close my account, I've tried to open new accounts it works and they close it again. I've never don't anything wrong all what I do I sell electronics and home tools, nothing fancy. This really makes feel that you are doing something wrong even thought everything I do is 100% clean and legal.
Finally after almost 9 years I've decided to move to another selling platforms like Amazon

janes171
4/2/19

Not regular paypal or the debit card,I mean paypal credit/bill me later.They have decided they do not want to remain in business.That's what companies decide when they dump off their most loyal long term customers without any warning,barely a month doesn't even remotely count and then they will demand that you "reapply" for something you have been using for ten years,using your same personal information they have had for all these years you have been a customer.Know that when you"reapply"they will deny you and hit your credit for a hard inquiry.I don't understand who they think will want to be their customers after what they just did.The thing about companies like paypal is they don't understand that others will learn from their failure,vastly improve their model and then leave paypal in the dust.Perfect karma for what they just did to millions of people's accounts and credit.So even though millions of people had their accounts shut down,they just proved to us that something is obviously very wrong and we shouldn't be signing up anyway so I really do take it as a blessing that I will watching paypal/bill me later implode upon itself from afar and that I will be ok but I feel bad for whoever all is still in their clutches.Good luck to the unfortunate ones as the ship goes down as they say.

jasonm644
4/1/19

Paypal made an unauthorized transfer from my bank account. I do not trust their security an neither should you. Zero protection.

patriciam614
3/31/19

Package theft is a huge problem in the US. It's so bad that Amazon has worked with the police in some cities to run sting operations using bait packages. Yet PayPal offers no protection for buyers when a package is reported as delivered but is subsequently stolen. I had a merchant (SkinStore) refuse to reship a $600 package that went missing from my front gate. Fed Ex did an investigation and determined that the package was lost or stolen. The vendor kept putting me off when I requested that it be reshipped, saying they were doing their own "investigation." I had paid with PayPal, so I filed a dispute with the merchant. The merchant, knowing that PayPal will ignore and then decline any dispute or claim when a merchant has proof of delivery, ignored me. I escalated to a claim, which was denied. So I am now stuck. If I had paid with a credit card the matter would have been found in my favor, and the merchant would have been forced to either replace my goods or face the negation of my payment. Dodgy merchants know that PayPal provides no consumer protection against package theft, so they play this delay game. I have requested a new shipment innumerable times, and was at first repeatedly put off. Now they just ignore me. I will never see my shipment. An outrageously rude PayPal customer service rep essentially told me to get lost when I complained about this catch 22 in the system. They don't care what I've been using PayPal since the early days of its existence. Loyalty and consistent, documented honesty count for nothing with PayPal.

erics585
3/29/19

I tried to use PayPal for a simple transaction. They immediately took the funds from my account ...It's been 5 days and the transaction has not cleared to the person I sent it to. On top of that they charged my $13.00 and refused to refund the fee. I sent it as a non merchant transaction. Garbage service. Will never use it again .

celestes38
3/29/19

I have had a bad experience getting a refund for a product that came out of China and then returned back to the address that was listed on the package. I even kept the return receipt and PayPals Resolution Dept. came back in the favor of the Seller twice before refunding me after a third investigation in which I still supplied the tracking number for my return of product back to the sellers address on the package which said, "Returns to this address" which was an address in the United States. The seller stated they would not refund me because I did not return it to China but the package specifically gave a return address in the United States. During all that investigation I paid off my PayPal Credit Account which is owned by Synchrony Bank, except for the $57.00 Dollars that was being re-investigated for the third time, which finally came back in my favor. Now, to close this account after that long drawn out investigation on that case for a refund, PayPal refuses to close my account after receiving an e-mail from their Investigation Dept. (see e-mail from PayPal at bottom of page). When I tried to close my account after I was refunded the $57.00 I was promoted to call PayPals Customer Service Dept. and had to go through a website Maze of prompts just to get the phone number to the customer service Dept. When I called the number I was put on hold by Reps. through several various departments totaling 5 hours of hold times during the several phone calls to PayPal to close my account. One time I was told I cannot close my account because my Bank, a credit union, would not release the dispute I had on my PayPal account for $57.00. I called my bank and they said they did NOT have an action that is being disputed through my PayPal account so there is no reason that PayPal should not be able to close my account, unless they don't want to and are making up excuses NOT to Close my PayPal account. The second call back to PayPal to tell them my bank has nothing to do with why my PayPal account can't be closed, I was put on hold again for another two hours, while each representative promised they could do something about this and then announced they could not help me close my PayPal account and switching me to the person that could after another LONG hold period, just to find out that another rep. higher up in the chain had to reach even higher up the chain to get a different representative to close my Account. After all that, PayPal refused to close my account, for no reason that was reasonable other than some made up reasons NOT to close my account.

Hello Celeste Singh,
We reviewed the information regarding the case below and have decided in your favor.
We've issued a refund to your PayPal Credit account for the disputed amount as well as any interest and fees related to the transaction. Please allow up to 5 days for this refund to be reflected on your account.
This case is now closed. We are truly sorry you experienced a problem with this transaction, but hope you are happy with the outcome.
Transaction details:

PayPal

nivs
3/27/19

DO NOT USE AS A MERCHANT - USE WORLD PAY.We have been charged
tens of thousands of pounds in fees, there is not customer support and
they way they deal with complains is really bad.Will recommend
anyone to use Worldpay over them, their rates are better and they
actually act like we are a customer rather then paypal that treat us
like we are depend on them.

darylr25
3/15/19

I was a user of PayPal for well over 10 years as both a buyer and seller, never had an issue with them with hundred if not thousands exchanged. After a couple years of not using them I decided to sell something on eBay. The buyer sent payment to PP for over $500.00. Now I can understand PP wanting to hold the money until the item was sent and received. That could be expected.

The problem arose with what they claimed was a new policy of which three plus things had to be met. First they wanted a photo I D, then they wanted proof of a vendor (on a private not commercial sale), then they left open this totally grey area in which they state you have to meet up to their request. Furthermore they state your money may be held 30 days or more. There is so much open space that one can easily infer they can hold your money indefinitely. Needless to say this killed the sale and now they won't allow me to close the account. After all money was returned and there is no outstanding balance to anyone.

I was forced to call my credit card company and order a new card to prevent anyone from hacking the account and charging to it because PayPal claimed policy, which they could not rationalize. In other words my information and credit card are being held hostage for no good reason. Previously I had informed PP that I wanted to close the account and NEVER do business with them again. They chose to blame the government for the need for ID and other changes that could only be done in print. Strange I canceled the old credit card and ordered the new card with my credit card company over the phone and never had to send them photo I D or comply with other BS claiming they needed verification of who I was.

billt168
3/15/19

I use paypal in conjunction with my eBay account. I found it easy to use and have not ever had a problem with them.

clairem137
3/13/19

So much for them helping with a refund. They forgot to mention when demanding that i return an item that's not fit for purpose and is broken that if you have to return anything that you as the wronged party have to foot the return postage costs. How is that in anyway fair?!? Protecting you from dodgy sellers, yeah right!

cristinav9
3/12/19

I enjoy selling on eBay and Pay pal works great. They do take a percentage but it's worth it. I feel safe using this site.

cameronh71
3/12/19

I love paypal because of how easy it is to use and so foolproof and some simple that even a 5 year old could figure it out. The transactions are so quick and speedy.

melloneys
3/10/19

Been using Paypal since it began, had a few problems before but if you call them they normally sort things out.
I pay for almost everything online through them, they have saved me from losing hundreds of euros over the years. Added security, quick and easy to use.

maryp494
3/8/19

i bought a $50.00 restaurant gift card and received an ecard with a 0 balance. paypal said that i had to deal with the restaurant that the giftcard was for. the restaurant doesnt hve online contact and it is in a place that i will travel to. i cant just walk in.
paypal wasn't even nice or helpful about the situation. they simply refused any further contact and would not even answer my questions. im out $50.00. i will never make a purchase from them again.

mariannee13
3/6/19

used to have a perfect customer service who used to be very friendly and were genuinely and professionally interested to follow up until issue was resolved. recently, service has become extremely poor, especially the customer service covering the Middle East area, representatives are being non knowledgeable and don't show any interest in fixing issues..
too bad, used to blindly trust this platform, i should switch to something more trustworthy and professional.

kurto9
3/4/19

It's really time-wasteful to recover my account since some anonymous hackers tried to compromise my account for personal gains. At least some websites doesn't use this site as the only transaction of shopping.

ambrayaw
Ambraya W.
3/2/19

Let me tell you about my experience. I thought that all transactions which come from my bank account and bought with PayPal would always be there. Whether is be paid for, declined, or on standby. Kind of like debit in the stores you wait forever for it to clear. I had bought some brown leggings online because sadly...it doesn't matter what type of whether. Most leggings without a print are black...if I wanted black I would get them in the store and not online. On top of that...these espresso leggings that I had purchased online and with my PayPal account somehow they don't know where to send them to me. I remember when I had purchased the item on February 16th and now the company is just notifying me. I tried to file a dispute with PayPal against this company but the only way to do is an accurate date of the transaction. How do I still have all the information and now it's like it never happened. Then I receive a call from this company wanting me to basically do it all over again. PayPal was no help...they had me resolve it on my own which got me nowhere. The item was for my sister who was rushed to the ICU last November. The last outfit she remembered herself in was similar to the leggings she had worn with the sweater she had on. Now I have to break it to my family and see the look on her face when she has to be brought home in something entirely new. Of course before my sister went to the ICU she could comprehend that she has more than one outfit...but she can't. Be aware of any purchases done with PayPal with online purchases or anything for that matter. Maybe the most important things that should be sent to you is to an entirely different address. I know it's like mine never existed. Who's to say they both didn't cover up and got their money...but yet somehow it got lost in the mail. All I can do is learn from my experience...I hope you learn from mine and not get your heart shattered. All you are to PayPal is another person on this earth...not a human being.

johnr1349
2/18/19

Love the service of Pay pal,Its help make online purchasing so essay without any fear,The payment through Pay pal went faster than i thought, Recommend for any online payment

nichitas
2/13/19

Never ever payPayPal! Buyers protection??? Just words... When you dispute transactions due to item not arrived they decline it... Nice protection... Customer service: it is nothing connected to word service. They do not know what is it... High commissions.... for what? for rude and unpolite answers from customer service...
Before I saw it by myself I even did not knew that PayPal has so bad reviews.
Do not use their service's! If it can be so called.

sarahh219
2/13/19

PayPal is great as long as you never need customer service. I was recently scammed by a compan - they took my money but didn't send me what I ordered. I paid with PayPal so I filed a dispute. PayPal sided in favor of the scammers. I tried talking to customer service about this because clearly they wouldn't aid criminal activity. Nope, I was wrong. Apparently, they would. Not to mention talking to customer service was it's own trial. Half the time their responses seemed canned and didn't have anything to do with what I was disputing.

kymm14
2/4/19

Awful customer service when something goes wrong! Pretty muchn write their own rules so they dont have to do any work or investigations.

618 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

First thing, wishful thinking on the group protest. Great idea, but can't see it ever happening. I have had a few reasons to use the dispute process and I have to say in the end the issues were resolved full to my satisfaction with 1 exception. However navigating their process is time consuming and highly frustrating. Just stick with it and you will get there, hopefully?

By Kevin C.

Don't do it or be very cautious and major on top of it. Seems PayPal is getting worse and worse and im banning any business from China..to many scams PayPal backs up

By Tiffany H.

By Sean S.

Questions? Get answers from the PayPal staff and other customers.

PayPal?