Review of CheapAir

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

ryand62
4/21/17

Read the fine print. Booked a direct flight from a canadian origin to canadian destination. Price quoted from cheap air was from westjet and the cheap air price was about $20 less RT than the westjet site. Not much but worthwhile. Booked and when received visa bill the price was in us dollars, which made it hundreds more than westjet fare direct from westjet site. Checked my bill and no where next to any numbers was us dollars. Only an asterisk to the bottom fine print indicating us dollars. Partly my fault but misleading none the less, especially on canada only flights.

soa116
4/20/17

It will never ever deal with this company in my life I try to correct a name on the ticket within the free window time the keep ask me to pay fee every time I spoke with representatives he give me different fee they just try to get money in any way

xiaxial
4/16/17

The price on this site is US dollars which nothing mentioned in the whole process! Was referred to this site from ebates.ca and the ticket price in digits only less one dollar cheaper than aircanada website, thought can get several dollars rebate from ebates, ended up paying 70 dollars more on the currency exchange rate!

kc163
4/3/17

When I logged onto my account on the website my flight never came up after I booked it, but I had the confirmation email so I was fine and my flights all worked out super well. I had no problems my flight was cheaper then most just make sure you check the bagging situation before you book if you're trying to save every penny I spent a decent amount on that added to my flight. I was double charged at first but it gets taken away after a day or so it's just how it works I assume.

cindyj47
3/24/17

I booked a flight and found a cheaper price, the cheap air website said no charge if you cancel within 4 hours of booking. I tried to cancel an hour later. The website also stated it will be a 25 dollar fee if canceled after 24 hours. Why did they try to charge me 50.00 per person to cancel. I kept the flight but never again will I go through this company. Too risky

tajig
2/25/17

So, I go online to find a company that will help with financing of tickets. Get a young man online, seems nice until ready to book. Acts completely shocked when I ask about financing options and then He says,"I think you are totally confused and perhaps I can alleviate your confusion. We are a travel agency.."who in your website says you finance!!! Um, the advertisement of this website says you help finance--don't be a $#*!! Tell me what my options are. DEFINITELY not using this site-- if your company is preaching compassion at being helpful to purchase tickets, then act like it, or change your advertising strategy. Condescending tones will not get you business. Wish their were negative stars!!

carlac42
2/24/17

Not cheap at all, they charge $150 for a cancellation made less than 7 hours, i cancelled because they want to charge for baggage $45 plus $40 carry on, plus water in the fly on Spirit. I decide to pay the $150 cancellation fee to avoid flying on that company, then next day i check my bank account and the charge $44 extra they never mention they will charge, it was for their service using their website to booking the fly. Cheap on Air? Not at all. That is not the right way to do business. WORSE EXPERIENCE EVER.

steves327
2/10/17

Added layovers to flight. Would not refund and wanted $200 to change anything. Decided not to go because of the problems and purchased a different flight. Bad business!!!

jimm1320
1/23/17

Booked a flight for my daughter so she could meet her Aunt and Uncle for a mini vacation. Paid extra for the insurance.
Had to cancel roughly two weeks prior due to an immediate family member having ALS and not doing very well at all. I called the company (2 weeks in advance). We did not want to chance her being gone and something happening.
I called the company who said, Yes, the flight is refundable, just tell us why you had to cancel. I informed them of our family member and they said they would send me the forms for him and his doctor to fill out verifying the need to cancel. I told them to stick it up their ass. I would never do that to an enemy or friend, let alone a close family member. They told me if I do not fill it out and send it in, I would not be reimbursed for the insured paid tickets.
I am obviously out $300 but will file a Better Business Complaint, write my congressman, and leave the worst ratings/reviews I can on every site and social media I can find.
It takes a lot to upset me, so they obviously pissed me off very much !!!!

dianad57
1/3/17

They were fine in initial booking but when I wanted to check on my seat assignment coming home they claimed that I had not paid for an upgrade and they tried to put me in another seat. When I said to put me back in my original assignment they said there was no record of my paying for an upgrade. The agent dealing with me was very condescending even though I had in me hand the receipt from Air New Zealand about the upgrade. I phoned ANZ and straightened it out, and they asked me why I was working with these people when it would have been much easier to deal with ANZ. Good question. Never again. Go straight to the airline. Don't bother with these incompetents who don't even speak English well enough to help.

greggm23
1/3/17

Please do your homework, all these poor reviews are absolutely true! do not ruin your next flying experience, use a more reputable website,orbitz or expedia.

alexc160
12/10/16

Booked my ticket. Arriving at airport for checking and my flight was cancelled by cheaponair. I call them and get picked in an indian call center noisy talking to a person a can barely understand. He informs that for security reason they called me to confirm my credit card. I have never received any call as i checked my history and got an email in my spam after searching saying that i could receive a call.

So they could not reactivate my bookings and as i had a very important meeting i had to pay 3000$ to still onboard this flight.

I am a frequent flyer ans used dozens of agencies. It happened to have small issue but this company wins the award for worst agency ever and worst customer support.

tracyd47
12/3/16

The four hour window cancellation is a fraud and misleading. It's the old bate and hook trick. The tickets only needed to be changed to the arrival airport instead of saying in was $280 more he said that that was the price. I asked for a refund and they kept rebuttaling me. Now I have to wait 10 to 14 days for my money?!! It's been over a week and I'm just now getting a confirmation of a refund. This is so uncleprofessional and sloppy. They need to get people who you can understand clearly. I shouldn't have to keep asking to repeat what they said and it's frustrating!

alejandrol17
11/10/16

Never in your life use this company. They literally stole my money and now I have to take this into legal matters which is gonna be a complete time waste. I had booked a flight with this company but due to someone else deciding to join us very last minute I called the same day to see if these tickets were fully refundable and I was told, Yes no problem. I went ahead and asked them to cancel them and I was told my refund should be seen in my bank account soon (dont remember the exact days they told me) I waited the time I was told, no refund. I called back to see what the problem was and I was told that in their system the refund had been issued and that it was probably my bank who was holding the money, I said okay, can you please send me an email that specifies that they will be refunded and the total amount (best thing I could have done) I received the email and I called my bank. My bank told me there was no money shown as refunded yet, but that it could come in at any time. They suggested that I put a claim in and that way I receive my money the next business day and when the money came in from cheap air the claim would go away. I did that, the money was deposited into my account and that was it. Or so I thought. About a month later I get the money credited from my account because cheapair is now claiming that the tickets were not refundable (wtf right?) and that I never showed up to my airplane on time. Um, yeah, I didn't show up because I was specifically told that the tickets were canceled and that a refund was going to be given to me. I call cheapair to try and explain my situation and I speak to one of the most worthless least sympathetic customer service representative I have ever dealt with. I get told that this is somehow my fault and that there would be no refund. I ask to speak to a manager, I'm told that one would call me back. A lady named Silvia calls me telling me she's the manager and I explain my situation to her, i'm expecting someone who's a manager to be a little more sympathetic to my situation, NOPE. She's actually worst, she tells me shes doesnt see it my way. I ask her what part of my situation she's confused by or she doesn't see my way, she cant answer me. She pretty much tells me they wont do anything for me and that I should just deal with it. Now I had to have my lawyer look into this, good thing I asked for that email cause my lawyer says that this is pretty much a slam dunk in his eyer. Now not only are they going to have to give me a refund but I will also be adding my legal expenses and time wasted. If you're going to book through them make sure you keep records like I did, they are a horrible company to deal with. Cheap air, make you need to do what you promise people, hire new customer service representatives and new managers because the ones you have now are HORRIBLE.

daano2
10/19/16

The site marks it has a 4 hour cancellation policy - however, this does not apply for most airlines, so the cancellation policy is complete nonsense. If you try to get customer support they charge you huge fees to change and try to persuade you into buying tickets now.
Very unethical site.

mauricea7
10/13/16

I will use again and again this cheapoair to fly business and leisure

shondap1
10/13/16

Selected a flight for $426. When I checked out the system message showed "ops that ticket was booked by another person". However, at booking there wasn't any notification that there was one ticket left. As I continued to the ticket it increased from $426 to $475. I continue to book the flight because I didn't have time to do any further research for cheaper flights. By the time I booked the flight not only was I charged $475 which included taxes but it took another $16 from my card as a separate transaction. On my bill ithe itinerary shows me getting a discount of $17 but they took $16. When I called to inquire they stated it was for taxes. Hell how much taxes are you allowed to charge?!!!!?!?!

blancan1
10/5/16

I called to cancel my flight this airline was not helpful at all, they said my ticket was non refundable. I told the lady I had purchased insurance for cancellation she then inform me unless it was life threatening emergency my insurance would not cover, I told her that it did not specified which reasons for canceling they would accept, after calling the insurance agency that I paid 19.90 for they told me I would not get a refund both cheap air and the insurance protection plan are thieves!!!! how dare they do this to customers they should not be in business. I give them no stars but its making me select one

marcelloa
8/25/16

Purchase baggage differently from my ticket and receive my statement with all the broke down of my bill. When I reach the Airport they told me that they are not seeing payment for my baggage so i show them my billing statement that I have received from Cheapair, spirit customer service told me I still have to pay because it is not shown on their system. Call cheapOair for a refund of my money and they told there is no refund of baggage I most call Spirit. I end up paying a lot more for baggage. The customer service person was very rude and unprofessional.

ravinderc
8/15/16

Very good

maryamg
7/29/16

They are rude, not trustworthy. They won't do anything on your behalf. They buy your ticket but if you want to cancel or modify your ticket you have to call airlines by yourself! It is not an easy process at all. Don't waste your money.

jacksonv1
7/25/16

This is the best website to buy airlines tickets, you will not get a better price anywhere else.

miladaz
7/16/16

Booking

kaim27
7/13/16

I submitted a flight - they provided a booking number - no confirmation sent to email - no way to see if my flight was booked - when I called they didn't have my booking - my credit card was charged
what a total scam - please tell everyone - I should have read the reviews first
I feel so sick - I was booking for my child

ericp63
7/1/16

Don't use this site. It doesn't work properly
Also seleted my airline seats. Then get to the airport and they have no record of them.
They also don't price match anyone. I'd say just use a better site bc this one needs a lot of work

11 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the CheapAir staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
harrye18
Harry E.
Q: why are there so many bad reviews about Cheap Air?
A typical one: