Review of CheapAir

Tel: 800-243-2724
Help@CheapAir.com

jays477
10/11/17

Book ticket which got changed 2 hours before with no notifications. Lost out on 1200.00 ticket. WOULD NOT recommend.

tonyx4
9/23/17

Searched and booked flight from Australia to China...
Only realised it is quoted in USD few days after payment...
Stay away!

maniad
9/22/17

We just try to change our tickets for different dates, and they said it's gonna be 300$ extra for each person, i was like WTF, we paid already 100$ extra for any changes or cancellation for anytime, when I told them we want to cancel the flight they said you not get any refund back, try to speak with the manager, waiting on hold 45 min, nobody answered,this company eating your money for nothing, they can't try to help you with nothing, just dont care about you, they so rude, customers service zero,just never buy tickets with Cheapoair ( that's why they so cheap, because they services is more cheap than any words on this world) indian people try to be more smart if you think you are, because is bad to still money from people's packets, you need to work hard for them, and this is big FRAUD

suew93
9/16/17

please dont book its a faurd company
i never booked for the hotel but charged 3000 using my previous s cedit card details
if you have booked with them change the details neve r book in with them
sue from australia

tegang
9/15/17

I purchased a ticket over the phone with Brandon he took my debit card number i asked for confirmation of payment and he said it was a third party that processed their payments that i would get an email. This was processed in Calabasas CA. A couple of hours later i get a notification that my account was charged at TAco BEll in Canoga Park CA obvisously my debit number leaked someway somehow from CHEAPAIR taking my payment with my debit card. I am in Texas not CAlifornia! I closed my account immediately and filed fraud criminal charges. I called to speak with the supervisor at CHEAPAIR Manny and he told me he knows his staff wouldnt do that and it had nothing to do with them that there was nothing he needed to do VERY RUDE NO CUSTOMER SERVICE. I will NEVER BOOK WITH THIS COMPANY most horrible experience i have had with anything!!! Save your bank account and do not buy through this company!!!

alfonsos23
9/15/17

The customer service ... do not resolve anything... loss my money..try re-schedule my trip for the hurricane..

nancyg121
9/12/17

Website indicates a fee of $100 to $150 to change a ticket. Because of the hurricane, I had to change my flight to Fort Lauderdale. They charged me $250.00 PLUS the additional fare to change my ticket. Plus I was charged another separate fee of $25.00, for what I don't know. What a rip off! Don't use them, I never will again!!!

zacharyt13
9/6/17

I booked a flight for my sister in law and brother out of the Bahamas to JFK. Hurricane Irma is going to hit the east cost so they want to get out ASAP. While booking the flight I mistyped my sister in laws first name. I thought no big deal I will call and have them change it. I first called JetBlue who informed me that I would need to call cheap o air. I called and waited on hold for over 16 minutes then the phone just hung up. I called back, 6 minutes later, same thing. I called to "book reservations" and a person picked up right away. After explaining that I need to change a name he said he had to transfer me. 20 minutes later and I am finally speaking with a "customer service rep". I then again explain the simple mistake of spelling my sister in laws first name wrong and how I need it changed. I am quickly told that it will be $75 to change the name! I said no, I am only changing the spelling, not the person, not the date, not the airline; just the spelling. His response was yes, it will be $75 for me to make that change for You! This company is a joke and a sorry excuse for customer service.

lisaa170
9/6/17

Honestly, I don't know what these complainers are talking about. Mine was a complicated itinerary that included a cross-country tour over eight days in five cities. All flights were booked correctly, my seating preferences were applied, and the price was reasonable. With Hurricane Harvey, many of my flights were rebooked and CheapAir notified me at every turn, still taking personal preferences into consideration. This was a tough gig with Houston going under water and millions of flights being cancelled or rerouted. CheapAir was there every step of the way.
Note: I see so many complaints made by people who booked discounted tickets, then fell under the rules of airlines. They were charged accordingly. That's not CheapAir's fault. They can't refund you change fees, nor should they. Take responsibility for your own travel and quit blaming others for your failure to read the small print.

Tip for consumers: Take responsibility for your own travel. Airlines gouge even full-fare customers like myself when it comes to baggage and changes. Don't blame CheapAir because you can't read the small print.

danchoit
8/29/17

I was booking a simple ticket to LAX one-way. I liked the price and went for it. The next thing I saw was the e-mail with the ticket for the wrong date and I was charged $105.00 more (which was later explained as seat selection--wth). Of course I had to call for cancellation since the date was not what I wanted. I was talking to an agent with Indian accent and he would talk me into purchasing the right ticket for me with $50.00 fee, otherwise I still had to pay $50.00 for cancellation fee . Again I went with it and the price was doubled up from the original price I was offered and he assured me that was the best price I could get at that point. It was late at night and I had faith in him , so I agreed. Well the next morning, I was checking the other airline online directly from their website, I saw a much better deal and went for it and called them to ask for the cancellation . Even though they said that they would agree to match any airline with same init, they would not and I asked for refund with the knowledge that I would lose $50.00. Well it was never the case. I got the bill and they charged me extra $50.00 and the explanation: $50.00 for cancellation fee and $50.00 for the airline company which they had to pay them to cancel our flight. I know this is a long writing but I rarely do any review. This got me very bad and I feel that I need to do it for the sake of all travelers out there. STAY AWAY FROM THIS WEB. They are a terrible company and customer service is a nightmare to deal with.

jocelynr18
8/17/17

Worst people to deal with. Their website booked me on a wrong destiny, as soon as I have the confirmation in less than two minutes I called. Guess what? I got charge $259 times 3 for each passenger. Plus three charges for suitcases, insurances. I called again to ask for my reembolse because I didn't cancell my flight. They do not reembolse no matter if they make the mistakes.
They have the problem with their website. I DO NOT RECOMEND CHEAPAIR!!! They are the worst!!

brians316
8/11/17

I used Cheap air to book a flight to Carcassonne form Stansted and car park, the idiots booked my car park in Gatwick for the Dublin flight, I quieried this at the time and was told all okay when I arrived at Stansted for my flight I was told that my car park booking was for Gatwick. I had to pay upfront for my car park. on return I emailed and spoke with Cheap air but they simply ignored me not returning my calls. So I contacted visa the card company and fortunately I was able to produce all the documentation and they deducted the car park fee from the monies allocated to cheap air.
Cheap air are a very bad company they must be stupid to behave in this way because I will never ever use them again and of course we now have reviews please please do not use them and put them out of business.

jc351
8/10/17

I purchased a flight for $444.20 and had to cancel it. I was issued a credit for the $444.20 and told that I would have to pay a $200 airline penalty to rebook the flight. The credit indicated that I had to contact their Customer Care number at 866.636.9088 to rebook the flight. I rebooked a flight for $369 and was told that I had to forfeit the remaining difference and that it could not be applied to the $200 airline penalty. I was not shocked by that but I was shocked by the extra $50 fee they charged me to call them and rebook the flight. There was no other option but to call them to rebook it and it was NOT disclosed anywhere that there would be an additional fee. They agreed that it was not disclosed but refused to waive the fee, however, they gave me a $20 credit towards the fee. UNACCEPTABLE!!! I would never use them again.

cybert1
8/9/17

I'm from Canada and nowhere on the site did I see that the funds were in US dollars. I saw a review on here about the prices being in US so I decided to call (a few minutes AFTER I booked my flight - doh!) and it turns out its true, the prices are in US funds! The only time I actually saw this caption was in the email confirmation that you received AFTER you've booked...and your card is charged. I called right away and it was cancelled and was told my card would be reimbursed within 48hrs...I hope so! They really should have this clearly advertised to avoid cancellations and frustrated customers.

unhappyf2
7/19/17

I purchased my ticket, received email confirmation of the purchase and at midnight before my flight received an email confirming the flight. On the date of the flight, I arrived at the airport and was informed by the airline that I had no ticket. I called customer service who informed me that I had called (on an unknown date & time) and cancelled my reservation. They informed me that they had given me a 100% refund. I never called and asked for my ticket to be cancelled. I checked with my bank, they never provided me a refund. To fly on my scheduled flight , one way, would have cost me $533.00. No recourse for this corporation.

latifahu
7/12/17

I HAVE HAD A HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE WITH CHEAPOAIR. I booked my ticket with them and in less than 24 hrs, i received a family emergency which would require me to cancel my flight reservations and make a new one. They now have this PREPOSTEROUS policy of $75.00 cancellation fee. Why should I have to pay to cancel what I paid for, in order to pay you again? Do they think money falls from trees? I have 6 children I can definitely use that money to their benefit or to a bill! Why should we provide you with free money, because of mishaps in an individuals life? For this I do not recommend this site for anyone with this horrible policy. I'll be sure to tell friends and family, as well as posting my experience on social media and hoping to pass this message along so other individuals, so that they do not encounter such a bad experience.

rosek42
7/10/17

They wanted to charge me for changing my name on the ticket airplane which is not my fault. They put my name on my last name and they wanted me to pay for $50 fee. I called them and they kept transferring me to different departments. They finally had some one emailed me after 7 days working and told me I have to pay for the fee otherwise because the airline would charge them for changing the name. So I called the airline and the airline said they don't change for changing the name. This agency is doing dishonest business with customers. Don't book through them folks!!

joharalysc
6/28/17

The worst service and scoundrels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jimc216
6/6/17

Cheap Air lures you in with a low fair. Then add costs for hand bags, food, seats and so on. After you are done it is no longer a low cost flight. All other airlines put those costs into the fair price so you get an apples to apples comparison. Cheap Air will nickel and dime you to death. Stay away.

agatag1
6/5/17

Worse service ever ...do not book through them, it's a nightmare!!!!!! I spent so much time over the phone trying to get my money back. Never again!

christinew78
6/5/17

Checked the airline website to select seats and saw that the ticket price had dropped by $94 for same flights. Because this newer, lower price was not on the Cheapair website, I was not entitled to a travel voucher for the difference. Customer service guy was very nice and admitted that prices can be lower by booking directly with airline. Their guarantee is that Cheapair will give voucher if THEIR prices go lower, it is not a price match guarantee. I'll skip the middleman in the future.

kathrynb48
6/3/17

I used cheapair first time and my experience was good. I have an issue regarding price increased but later it solved by a representative.

darlenem34
6/2/17

Great experience every thing went smoothly. Wonderful pricing. Will use next time and tell my friends and family.

kc176
5/21/17

How can you change someone's ticket and traveling plan without confirming the change with your customer? That's just WRONG. First they changed my uncles' flight and didn't send them confirmation/update/notification email. And they change their international flight. They got a meeting to go to, customer's schedule is not something that cheap air can decide. And to get the schedule back to what it was, they want to charge my uncles $200 per person. You kidding??!! You changed the the flight (no body asked you to), ruined the schedule, to ask you to change to back is good enough for you, and you ask for money for your own mistake? That's not reasonable at all.

jaclynu1
5/19/17

This is the second time this issue has happened to me. I put in the dates of my trip and they propose to me plane flights that are not on my requested dates. At this time, since I put in the dates, I am looking for the proper time, I am not necessarily rechecking the dates. I purchased my tickets and realize after that I bought the ticket on a different date then the one I requested. I made a phone call to change my plane ticket so I can fly out on my original date requested. The agent changes my ticket and tells me the insurance will be provided to me at no charge as a customer service incentive. The agent also doesn't tell me that there is a change ticket fee of $35. The next day I get an e-mail stating that Cheap Air was having a hard time charging my credit card for an additional amount. I call them and the agent forwards me the invoice. I realize I was charged $10 for the insurance (the insurance I was told I was not going to be billed) and $35 for change ticket charge (a charge I was not informed about). I tell the agent I don't want to pay for the change ticket fee because cheap air gave me the wrong dates, and I wasn't told about the fee change. Then I asked for the insurance to be taken off. I realized that the original agent promised me that he would give me the insurance free of charge so I wanted to dispute this as well. I was told by the agent that he had no authority to take action on my requests and that he would forward my requests to his manager who would call me back between 2 and 4 hours. I waited 4 hours and never got a return phone call. I had to call them back. I am now waiting for a manager to listen to my initial phone call to verify the items I stated. I have been told that it will take another 4-5 days to get a phone call back from a manager to take action on my request. I don't recommend Cheap Air to any customer. They don't provide you flights for the dates the customer requests, they charge you for insurance they offered would be free, then they charge you $35 for a change fee that they don't tell you about, then they say they will be called back and they don't call you back within the time period proposed, then they make you wait longer for a decision. Horrible customer service and business plan. If I could give it a negative rating I would.

Helpful answer

No, you might not. If you find flights you like on Cheapair, take not of them, and go directly to that airline's website, and book them there. No need to book through Cheapair.com and risk problems with them.

By E E. on 4/30/16
Helpful answer

My son and I had a nightmare trip Houston-Munich 17 Dec. 2011 due to cheapair.com. They 'mix and match', which results in nightmares: ticket issued by United, carriers were Continental (Co) and Lufthansa (LH). As a result it was impossible to get a boarding pass online: United website said go to Co, but we had no Co confirmation nr. At the Houston airport Co said LH had no boarding passes for us from London onward, we'd have to waste precious time trying to get the boarding passes in London. Before that, cheapskateair.com threatened us with cancellation of ticket and loss of money if we refused to be rerouted through Stuttgart. In London, LH had us in the computer with Stuttgart as destination! The Co flight was late so we had to take a later flight from London. LH tried to force us into a 7 hr. delay, with Stuttgart as destination. We finally got a fairly quick direct flight, a Co agent called LH and got us boarding passes. Both cheapair and LH get 'F' for service here. Then, our bags were lost by LH, took 3 days before they finally arrived.

By Joe M. on 2/1/12

Helpful answer
why are there so many bad reviews about Cheap Air? A typical one: Never in your life use this company. They literally stole my money and now I have to take this into legal matters which is gonna be a complete time waste. I had booked a flight with this company but due to someone else deciding to join us very last minute I called the same day to see if these tickets were fully refundable and I was told, Yes no problem. I went ahead and asked them to cancel them and I was told my refund should be seen in my bank account soon (dont remember the exact days they told me) I waited the time I was told, no refund. I called back to see what the problem was and I was told that in their system the refund had been issued and that it was probably my bank who was holding the money, I said okay, can you please send me an email that specifies that they will be refunded and the total amount (best thing I could have done) I received the email and I called my bank. My bank told me there was no money shown as refunded yet, but that it could come in at any time. They suggested that I put a claim in and that way I receive my money the next business day and when the money came in from cheap air the claim would go away. I did that, the money was deposited into my account and that was it. Or so I thought. About a month later I get the money credited from my account because cheapair is now claiming that the tickets were not refundable (wtf right?) and that I never showed up to my airplane on time. Um, yeah, I didn't show up because I was specifically told that the tickets were canceled and that a refund was going to be given to me. I call cheapair to try and explain my situation and I speak to one of the most worthless least sympathetic customer service representative I have ever dealt with. I get told that this is somehow my fault and that there would be no refund. I ask to speak to a manager, I'm told that one would call me back. A lady named Silvia calls me telling me she's the manager and I explain my situation to her, i'm expecting someone who's a manager to be a little more sympathetic to my situation, NOPE. She's actually worst, she tells me shes doesnt see it my way. I ask her what part of my situation she's confused by or she doesn't see my way, she cant answer me. She pretty much tells me they wont do anything for me and that I should just deal with it. Now I had to have my lawyer look into this, good thing I asked for that email cause my lawyer says that this is pretty much a slam dunk in his eyer. Now not only are they going to have to give me a refund but I will also be adding my legal expenses and time wasted. If you're going to book through them make sure you keep records like I did, they are a horrible company to deal with. Cheap air, make you need to do what you promise people, hire new customer service representatives and new managers because the ones you have now are HORRIBLE.

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the CheapAir staff and other customers.

CheapAir?