US Government’s NSF

Calabasas, California 91302
Tel: 800-243-2724

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

The site marks it has a 4 hour cancellation policy - however, this does not apply for most airlines, so the cancellation policy is complete nonsense. If you try to get customer support they charge you huge fees to change and try to persuade you into buying tickets now.
Very unethical site.

I will use again and again this cheapoair to fly business and leisure

Selected a flight for $426. When I checked out the system message showed "ops that ticket was booked by another person". However, at booking there wasn't any notification that there was one ticket left. As I continued to the ticket it increased from $426 to $475. I continue to book the flight because I didn't have time to do any further research for cheaper flights. By the time I booked the flight not only was I charged $475 which included taxes but it took another $16 from my card as a separate transaction. On my bill ithe itinerary shows me getting a discount of $17 but they took $16. When I called to inquire they stated it was for taxes. Hell how much taxes are you allowed to charge?!!!!?!?!

I called to cancel my flight this airline was not helpful at all, they said my ticket was non refundable. I told the lady I had purchased insurance for cancellation she then inform me unless it was life threatening emergency my insurance would not cover, I told her that it did not specified which reasons for canceling they would accept, after calling the insurance agency that I paid 19.90 for they told me I would not get a refund both cheap air and the insurance protection plan are thieves!!!! how dare they do this to customers they should not be in business. I give them no stars but its making me select one

Purchase baggage differently from my ticket and receive my statement with all the broke down of my bill. When I reach the Airport they told me that they are not seeing payment for my baggage so i show them my billing statement that I have received from Cheapair, spirit customer service told me I still have to pay because it is not shown on their system. Call cheapOair for a refund of my money and they told there is no refund of baggage I most call Spirit. I end up paying a lot more for baggage. The customer service person was very rude and unprofessional.

Very good

They are rude, not trustworthy. They won't do anything on your behalf. They buy your ticket but if you want to cancel or modify your ticket you have to call airlines by yourself! It is not an easy process at all. Don't waste your money.

This is the best website to buy airlines tickets, you will not get a better price anywhere else.

I submitted a flight - they provided a booking number - no confirmation sent to email - no way to see if my flight was booked - when I called they didn't have my booking - my credit card was charged
what a total scam - please tell everyone - I should have read the reviews first
I feel so sick - I was booking for my child

Don't use this site. It doesn't work properly
Also seleted my airline seats. Then get to the airport and they have no record of them.
They also don't price match anyone. I'd say just use a better site bc this one needs a lot of work

I have been looking for cheap flights I could afford for awhile and cheap air gave me exact that. I got to choose my seat on both flights going and coming. Different planes but the dates and airports I wanted, and that's just fine. Thank you cheap air.

I have to book 4 times in order to get my flight done. The first time they were having credit card issue and then it went in, I rebook my flight, got a confirmation codes and everything then all of the sudden they email me that as requested my flight has been cancelled, also charged me $6 for that. Bull $#*!! I did not request any cancellation, and why am I being charged for the act I didn't even do. So again I have to call customer service and it seems like none of them are native English speaker. It is so hard to understand, and they are quite rude. The guy insisted to rebook my flight for me and will refund that $6 what they called booking fee??? So instead of doing it on my own online it takes 10 mins max, he kept me on the phone for 30 mins trying to rebook the same flight information to the result of $300 extra cost instead of my original price I booked from 1 day before. I went online and take a look, the price was the same as I booked the date before then why the heck is he costing me $300 more. Whatever that is I told him, he kept me on the phone for another 10 mins to refresh his changes and the result is still $300 more. So I told him I'm going to do it myself, I could have done it 30 mins earlier and it would be the same price as I'm seeing online right now. I hung up, booked mine. This time it's better not be cancelling again, and I hope they will refund my $6 for whatever reason it is. Very bad experience, I booked from them before and didn't have to go through any of this. It seems like they got more spam on people for money now.

Booked a ticket for two 1 day before departure: Found them and it was the cheapest deal! Turned out the booking was shown processing status after checked out. And strange enough there isn't any email received. Received a phone call on the day: morning. Flight is at night, telling me the booked ticket is not available. Rude and ridiculous service! Made it sound llike it's my fault to book the ticket last minute emergency ticket. I ask why it shown available on their website and telling me it's not a day after? Rude explained given as, that's how they do it, they take the information from clients, then process it. Then if there's any available, they will send out confirmation! Thank you but no thank you, it's a $#*!ed up service and a $#*!ed up attitude. So they told me what's available for me since I'm on the phone now and everything can be done through the phone. Quoted new price is just couple hundred bucks more, that's all. Enough to make it to skip clicking them on the flight search engine. Guess what, since THEY already have my informations, and it was last minute, they knew they had my balls in their hand. I made the payment. And yes, first time. And last time! You all should try them! So you can have a better idea what's it like! Advise be at your own risk! Don't blame me. Everyone have a chance. For me, not to them anymore. And yes, the operator that I spoke to, play your balls good.

Full Size Car Quote from CheapAir for Firefly car rental was quoted $122.01US (includes estimate of taxes and fees). Also, stated 5m included. + $0.00 each additional mile (no extra cost for mileage). After processing, I was charged a total cost of $268.46 - BEWARE!! Under notes (bottom of Travel Itinerary) states "Rental car rates are approximate total rates including estimate of taxes and fees. Precise tax/fee amounts are subject to change." RIP-OFF!!!! - FYI Firefly is a subsidiary of HERTZ - I will never use Firefly/HERTZ again!

I called for an upgrade quote to my ticket. The customer rep Ariane was rude, and argumentative. He kept saying that people are scamming for upgrades. You need to screen your employees better, and the whole experience turned me off from buying anything from cheap air.

How incredibly bad is Cheap Air? I waited 22 minutes to re-book a flight. Had to pay a penalty and then they booked the wrong flight! Now I'm waiting again...going on 15 minutes. No response. Tried changing on line and they said they couldn't. The site is a joke. Last time I use them.

My first time using this business and I will be using it from now on to book all my flights

I recently bought a ticket. When I checked my credit statement, it said I was charged twice. How is it possible that I was double charged if I bought a ticket for ONE person AND it was the same EXACT flight. I called customer service and they told me they couldn't do anything about it and told me to directly call the airline. Unbelievable. Not only did they charge me twice, they didn't offer any help when I called them. Stay away from this site at all means.

i travel quite a bit and often use websites where they provide bundled info on airfares. for the first time, i decide to use cheapair...and i was in a rush. the short story: it cost me an additional $80 to use this crappy website. they dont give u all the available flights...just what they choose or have, and if i had gone to other bundled travel sites, i would have had more options. then, when i tried to get the additional costs refunded, they told me 1) they only refund IF i find a cheaper flight on THEIR site (not on other sites), and even then, the refund only happens when u rebook with them. so u are stuck using their more expensive and more restricted flight options. that sucks and i had to swallow the $80. Use other sites like travelocity if u are in a rush, or better yet, just book the flights from the airline sites...that is the most economical way to go. AVOID CHEAPAIR.COM !!

Tip for consumers: dont use this site!

It's easy to search flights and book in cheapoair site. While we set departure and destination, we can see lot of flights from different companies. We can choose according to economy. Cheapoair is so simple and awesome site to book flights. I strongly recommend.

I had a very bad experience with this website.
1st: after processing the reservation they changed my return day without asking me.
2nd: I live in Canada, they do not advice they will charge your credit car in US dollars.

I have contacted customer services but they did not care.

I booked a round trip ticket. Got confirmation. I arrived at the airport early, to find out that they over booked the flight, therefore I had to wait almost a whole day.reaching my destination 8 hours later.that was the beginning of the nightmare. I called the next day to change the return flight to a later date.. They changed it to a flight that was 30/minutes later. So they would not refund me. I had to buy a flight for a later date. Telling them the exact date , and they got it wrong again... So I confronted them immediately for them to tell me I got a confirmation. To make a long story short I ended up buying another flight and it was over booked. And once again no refund and wouldn't accept responsibility for their mistake causing me over a thousand of dollar. I am Warning everyone stay away from these people.

I booked a flight w CheapOair last month and I ran into a slight problem. My sister booked the same flight without me knowing. Well needless to say mine went thru because I got my info n first. However I put n the wrong time for departure. When I discovered why had happened I called to make the change of course the pricing was different. The agent that took my call was very polite n helpful n getting me the flight I wanted at the leaders price. I wouldn't fly with no other agency. Thanks CheapOair

My flight was cancelled because of the snow and they call me before my flight and re schedule we got to stay in my family house instead of being waiting in the airport for the next flight,thank you for the good service

9 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the CheapAir staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question