Review of CheapAir

Tel: 800-243-2724
Help@CheapAir.com

sheilac53
12/5/17

Absolutely ridiculous! I have never booked a ticket and had so many different flight changes! They have changed my flight quite a few times now, and still I dont have a confirmation on my flights. They have asked me to wait a few days for them to confirm the flight! I WILL NEVER EVER BOOK WITH CHEAP AIR EVER AGAIN!

josea139
12/3/17

I booked and paid a trip macau-lisbon-macau. I want canceled the trip return to macau. I want to cancel it and received the pay back.

williaml193
11/28/17

I entered Miami as the departure city. They mixed in fort lauderdale flights. I booked it thinking it was miami since that was all that I had requested. Now I am out $200 no refund. I called 1 minute after booking. Still they said I have to buy another ticket even though they sold me a ticket at airport 30 miles away from the one i entered into the search engine.

alexag11
11/21/17

The reviews below are all pretty much customer complaints on the customer error side. The only issue I had with CheapAir was them changing the times/dates but only slightly. Partially because I booked so far in advance. I had no issue with this site though, all the flights were in order and on time too. Would book again

josem224
11/16/17

they would change my flight dates back and forth. Cheap Air and American Airlines would point fingers back and forth but wouldnt resolve any problems.

johnr452
11/14/17

I am in Thailand, booking a trip for my brother to come visit.

Booked the ticket at 2pm on Tuesday. Got email 2 hours later that some kind of bank problem and they will contact my bank when my bank is open.

Got a voicemail and an email at 3am to say they need to conference call with my bank for approval, call back urgently.

Called them at 10am, waited on hold for 15 minutes, and the only resonse was "we already cancelled the ticket, you didn't call us back".

The CS agent said they auto cancel 24 hours after booking. The time stamp on my "Welcome to CheapAir.com!" email is exactly 20 hours before my phone call. I made this point, but the CS agent refused and says no, your booking must have been over 24 hours ago.

I'm not gonna fight that battle with you guys, sayonara.

rameshk22
11/11/17

I purchased ticket two days ago. In different airlines price difference is $550. They say my ticket is nonrefundable and price match is not possible.

vivianaw1
11/9/17

I fly back to visit my parents fairly regularly and purchase through other sites. I decided like an idiot to use them this time and not only did they basically pull a bait and switch, I paid $50 more for this flight than every other site AND they are still saying that the flight is available at the original price I tried to book at. To add insult to injury I am able to upgrade my seats on the other sites ( or select my seat on the other sites for one of them) and they can't get their acts together to offer this nor when I selected the option for one of the flights did they add it to my option during the bait and switch.... which is what i paid for. So get this. I get to pick my seats with the other flight, (pay the extra charge for one and free for the other) not have to pay extra for carry on and save $50!!!!! Like how does this makes sense? Also, their price guarantee is a joke. 1 agent told me they don't offer that any more, the other agent said they would credit my account for a hotel. When I mentioned that I would not be booking a hotel they offered to put a credit on my account..... even though i said I would never use them again. Ugh I am livid.

brookes41
11/8/17

First of all, they are not even cheaper if they are it's with in 5 to 10 dollars. Second they can take your reservation, debit your account then call and tell you you owe more money. 3rd you call to see why they need more money and they don't know, so they cancel your reservation. The CS reps were rude and didn't even try to resolve. There are so many other options DON'T USE CHEAPAIR.COM it's a SCAM!

mirandao2
10/27/17

I purchased 2 tickets from this site Cheapair.com will never use again. My ticket time for returning home was at 10:28am, well they changed it to 10:28PM. And when I asked for an earlier flight, they tried to charge me $500.00 extra per person. Please don't EVER use this site!!!!!!!!!!!

seanh91
10/23/17

I bought insurance and tried to cancel within 24 hours because there were a better time and price right afterward booking. They refused to cancel and told me I had to pay more for the fee.

Please consider something else - like taking a horse and wagon.

jays477
10/11/17

Book ticket which got changed 2 hours before with no notifications. Lost out on 1200.00 ticket. WOULD NOT recommend.

tonyx4
9/23/17

Searched and booked flight from Australia to China...
Only realised it is quoted in USD few days after payment...
Stay away!

maniad
9/22/17

We just try to change our tickets for different dates, and they said it's gonna be 300$ extra for each person, i was like WTF, we paid already 100$ extra for any changes or cancellation for anytime, when I told them we want to cancel the flight they said you not get any refund back, try to speak with the manager, waiting on hold 45 min, nobody answered,this company eating your money for nothing, they can't try to help you with nothing, just dont care about you, they so rude, customers service zero,just never buy tickets with Cheapoair ( that's why they so cheap, because they services is more cheap than any words on this world) indian people try to be more smart if you think you are, because is bad to still money from people's packets, you need to work hard for them, and this is big FRAUD

suew93
9/16/17

please dont book its a faurd company
i never booked for the hotel but charged 3000 using my previous s cedit card details
if you have booked with them change the details neve r book in with them
sue from australia

tegang
9/15/17

I purchased a ticket over the phone with Brandon he took my debit card number i asked for confirmation of payment and he said it was a third party that processed their payments that i would get an email. This was processed in Calabasas CA. A couple of hours later i get a notification that my account was charged at TAco BEll in Canoga Park CA obvisously my debit number leaked someway somehow from CHEAPAIR taking my payment with my debit card. I am in Texas not CAlifornia! I closed my account immediately and filed fraud criminal charges. I called to speak with the supervisor at CHEAPAIR Manny and he told me he knows his staff wouldnt do that and it had nothing to do with them that there was nothing he needed to do VERY RUDE NO CUSTOMER SERVICE. I will NEVER BOOK WITH THIS COMPANY most horrible experience i have had with anything!!! Save your bank account and do not buy through this company!!!

alfonsos23
9/15/17

The customer service ... do not resolve anything... loss my money..try re-schedule my trip for the hurricane..

nancyg121
9/12/17

Website indicates a fee of $100 to $150 to change a ticket. Because of the hurricane, I had to change my flight to Fort Lauderdale. They charged me $250.00 PLUS the additional fare to change my ticket. Plus I was charged another separate fee of $25.00, for what I don't know. What a rip off! Don't use them, I never will again!!!

zacharyt13
9/6/17

I booked a flight for my sister in law and brother out of the Bahamas to JFK. Hurricane Irma is going to hit the east cost so they want to get out ASAP. While booking the flight I mistyped my sister in laws first name. I thought no big deal I will call and have them change it. I first called JetBlue who informed me that I would need to call cheap o air. I called and waited on hold for over 16 minutes then the phone just hung up. I called back, 6 minutes later, same thing. I called to "book reservations" and a person picked up right away. After explaining that I need to change a name he said he had to transfer me. 20 minutes later and I am finally speaking with a "customer service rep". I then again explain the simple mistake of spelling my sister in laws first name wrong and how I need it changed. I am quickly told that it will be $75 to change the name! I said no, I am only changing the spelling, not the person, not the date, not the airline; just the spelling. His response was yes, it will be $75 for me to make that change for You! This company is a joke and a sorry excuse for customer service.

lisaa170
9/6/17

Honestly, I don't know what these complainers are talking about. Mine was a complicated itinerary that included a cross-country tour over eight days in five cities. All flights were booked correctly, my seating preferences were applied, and the price was reasonable. With Hurricane Harvey, many of my flights were rebooked and CheapAir notified me at every turn, still taking personal preferences into consideration. This was a tough gig with Houston going under water and millions of flights being cancelled or rerouted. CheapAir was there every step of the way.
Note: I see so many complaints made by people who booked discounted tickets, then fell under the rules of airlines. They were charged accordingly. That's not CheapAir's fault. They can't refund you change fees, nor should they. Take responsibility for your own travel and quit blaming others for your failure to read the small print.

Tip for consumers: Take responsibility for your own travel. Airlines gouge even full-fare customers like myself when it comes to baggage and changes. Don't blame CheapAir because you can't read the small print.

danchoit
8/29/17

I was booking a simple ticket to LAX one-way. I liked the price and went for it. The next thing I saw was the e-mail with the ticket for the wrong date and I was charged $105.00 more (which was later explained as seat selection--wth). Of course I had to call for cancellation since the date was not what I wanted. I was talking to an agent with Indian accent and he would talk me into purchasing the right ticket for me with $50.00 fee, otherwise I still had to pay $50.00 for cancellation fee . Again I went with it and the price was doubled up from the original price I was offered and he assured me that was the best price I could get at that point. It was late at night and I had faith in him , so I agreed. Well the next morning, I was checking the other airline online directly from their website, I saw a much better deal and went for it and called them to ask for the cancellation . Even though they said that they would agree to match any airline with same init, they would not and I asked for refund with the knowledge that I would lose $50.00. Well it was never the case. I got the bill and they charged me extra $50.00 and the explanation: $50.00 for cancellation fee and $50.00 for the airline company which they had to pay them to cancel our flight. I know this is a long writing but I rarely do any review. This got me very bad and I feel that I need to do it for the sake of all travelers out there. STAY AWAY FROM THIS WEB. They are a terrible company and customer service is a nightmare to deal with.

jocelynr18
8/17/17

Worst people to deal with. Their website booked me on a wrong destiny, as soon as I have the confirmation in less than two minutes I called. Guess what? I got charge $259 times 3 for each passenger. Plus three charges for suitcases, insurances. I called again to ask for my reembolse because I didn't cancell my flight. They do not reembolse no matter if they make the mistakes.
They have the problem with their website. I DO NOT RECOMEND CHEAPAIR!!! They are the worst!!

brians316
8/11/17

I used Cheap air to book a flight to Carcassonne form Stansted and car park, the idiots booked my car park in Gatwick for the Dublin flight, I quieried this at the time and was told all okay when I arrived at Stansted for my flight I was told that my car park booking was for Gatwick. I had to pay upfront for my car park. on return I emailed and spoke with Cheap air but they simply ignored me not returning my calls. So I contacted visa the card company and fortunately I was able to produce all the documentation and they deducted the car park fee from the monies allocated to cheap air.
Cheap air are a very bad company they must be stupid to behave in this way because I will never ever use them again and of course we now have reviews please please do not use them and put them out of business.

jc351
8/10/17

I purchased a flight for $444.20 and had to cancel it. I was issued a credit for the $444.20 and told that I would have to pay a $200 airline penalty to rebook the flight. The credit indicated that I had to contact their Customer Care number at 866.636.9088 to rebook the flight. I rebooked a flight for $369 and was told that I had to forfeit the remaining difference and that it could not be applied to the $200 airline penalty. I was not shocked by that but I was shocked by the extra $50 fee they charged me to call them and rebook the flight. There was no other option but to call them to rebook it and it was NOT disclosed anywhere that there would be an additional fee. They agreed that it was not disclosed but refused to waive the fee, however, they gave me a $20 credit towards the fee. UNACCEPTABLE!!! I would never use them again.

cybert1
8/9/17

I'm from Canada and nowhere on the site did I see that the funds were in US dollars. I saw a review on here about the prices being in US so I decided to call (a few minutes AFTER I booked my flight - doh!) and it turns out its true, the prices are in US funds! The only time I actually saw this caption was in the email confirmation that you received AFTER you've booked...and your card is charged. I called right away and it was cancelled and was told my card would be reimbursed within 48hrs...I hope so! They really should have this clearly advertised to avoid cancellations and frustrated customers.

No, you might not. If you find flights you like on Cheapair, take not of them, and go directly to that airline's website, and book them there. No need to book through Cheapair.com and risk problems with them.

By E E.

My son and I had a nightmare trip Houston-Munich 17 Dec. 2011 due to cheapair.com. They 'mix and match', which results in nightmares: ticket issued by United, carriers were Continental (Co) and Lufthansa (LH). As a result it was impossible to get a boarding pass online: United website said go to Co, but we had no Co confirmation nr. At the Houston airport Co said LH had no boarding passes for us from London onward, we'd have to waste precious time trying to get the boarding passes in London. Before that, cheapskateair.com threatened us with cancellation of ticket and loss of money if we refused to be rerouted through Stuttgart. In London, LH had us in the computer with Stuttgart as destination! The Co flight was late so we had to take a later flight from London. LH tried to force us into a 7 hr. delay, with Stuttgart as destination. We finally got a fairly quick direct flight, a Co agent called LH and got us boarding passes. Both cheapair and LH get 'F' for service here. Then, our bags were lost by LH, took 3 days before they finally arrived.

By Joe M.

why are there so many bad reviews about Cheap Air? A typical one: Never in your life use this company. They literally stole my money and now I have to take this into legal matters which is gonna be a complete time waste. I had booked a flight with this company but due to someone else deciding to join us very last minute I called the same day to see if these tickets were fully refundable and I was told, Yes no problem. I went ahead and asked them to cancel them and I was told my refund should be seen in my bank account soon (dont remember the exact days they told me) I waited the time I was told, no refund. I called back to see what the problem was and I was told that in their system the refund had been issued and that it was probably my bank who was holding the money, I said okay, can you please send me an email that specifies that they will be refunded and the total amount (best thing I could have done) I received the email and I called my bank. My bank told me there was no money shown as refunded yet, but that it could come in at any time. They suggested that I put a claim in and that way I receive my money the next business day and when the money came in from cheap air the claim would go away. I did that, the money was deposited into my account and that was it. Or so I thought. About a month later I get the money credited from my account because cheapair is now claiming that the tickets were not refundable (wtf right?) and that I never showed up to my airplane on time. Um, yeah, I didn't show up because I was specifically told that the tickets were canceled and that a refund was going to be given to me. I call cheapair to try and explain my situation and I speak to one of the most worthless least sympathetic customer service representative I have ever dealt with. I get told that this is somehow my fault and that there would be no refund. I ask to speak to a manager, I'm told that one would call me back. A lady named Silvia calls me telling me she's the manager and I explain my situation to her, i'm expecting someone who's a manager to be a little more sympathetic to my situation, NOPE. She's actually worst, she tells me shes doesnt see it my way. I ask her what part of my situation she's confused by or she doesn't see my way, she cant answer me. She pretty much tells me they wont do anything for me and that I should just deal with it. Now I had to have my lawyer look into this, good thing I asked for that email cause my lawyer says that this is pretty much a slam dunk in his eyer. Now not only are they going to have to give me a refund but I will also be adding my legal expenses and time wasted. If you're going to book through them make sure you keep records like I did, they are a horrible company to deal with. Cheap air, make you need to do what you promise people, hire new customer service representatives and new managers because the ones you have now are HORRIBLE.

Questions? Get answers from the CheapAir staff and other customers.

CheapAir?