Travelocity

Travelocity has a consumer rating of 2.34 stars from 289 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Travelocity also ranks 40th among Travel Search Engine sites. The most common issues with Travelocity are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

• If you want to have a vacation package these guys are probably the best.
  • Decent travel site, I am usually torn between expedia and this one when I make travel plans.

• Their "customer service" is in another part of the world.
  • They changed my flight reservation and never notified me.
How would you rate Travelocity?

“Superb!”

Michelle M.
6/23/18

I recently visited Hotel Hugo/Azul Rooftop Bar located in New York City. I was greeted by a very friendly, courteous and informative security guard name Derrick. As he directed me and my friends to the rooftop - I was so amazed by the rooftop view or Hudson River. The bartenders were spectacular and the waitresses were all pleasant and most attentive to our needs. I would highly recommend this trendy hotel/bar to all my friends. It was an awesome experience. Thanks again Derrick.

“Travelocity is corporate profiteering”

Will C.
7/31/20

Travelocity would not give me refund for a cancelled flight to Germany after listing "flights" from an "airline" that doesn't actually have planes. Travelocity props up, and is okay with lying to their customers about, a fake german "airline" called Involatus that is actually just a scam travel agency. Travelocity takes no responsibility for listing this fake business as if it was a legitimate airline. Travelocity makes $914 million dollars annually but can only say they are "sorry" instead of refunding $1K to someone after they had their flight cancelled.

customer service (52) hotel (87) flight (90) credit card (21) 20 minutes (8) 24 hours (9) money (50) refund (49) never book (10) 2 hours (6) travel insurance (5) change fee (6)
willc142
July 31st, 2020

isabellec24
March 10th, 2020
My mother and niece went to GS Solaris for 5 days. The family is a member of that resort. As soon as they arrived they were treated so badly and unfairly by Fernando, David and Dave Martinez. They were very unprofessional to them and rude. The food was horrible and so was the staff. They were suppose to go to the gala diner but they refuse to let them in for no reason. But another guy came and didn't have reservations and they got him in. It was a horrible experience they had and I can assure you this is NOT a place you want to go and spend a relaxing and fun vacation because this place is a NIGHTMARE
micheler213
August 12th, 2020
I reserved one night and both the Travelocity confirmation and property email said I had until 8/14 to cancel without penalty. I cancelled now 8/12 and was told that the full deposit will be kept. I will be challenging this. I should have used TripAdvisor - I have used them often in the past without issue. Stay away from Travelocity!
brendac598
June 6th, 2020
They dont say anywhere on the site that the will take 30 days to get you a refund... ripe off. AND on top of this, the hotel is close for COVID. Funny how they can pull the money out in seconds, but can't give you a refund for weeks. They are pulling a scam, take your money for something you cant even get, then make you wait 30 days to get your monry back... so WRONG!
joeh893
June 10th, 2020
I fully paid for a nonrefundable hotel booking (Hotel Amadeus in Krakow Poland) through Travelocity in Jan of 2020 prior to Covid. Booking was for late June 2020. Post Covid, All travel plans to get to Poland were canceled by the cruise lines the airlines etc. 100 of all the other vendors in this Travel Chain refunded deposits and payments 100%. (Iceland Air, Seven Seas Cruises, Whizz Air, Lot Air) The only ones not to refund were Hotel Amadeus and Travelocity. Travelocity has not paid the hotel yet but says they cant refund the money because the hotel refuses to give Travelocity the authorization to refund. In this case why even use a third party service like Travelocity to book when they wont hold unscrupulous vendors to account. Will never use Travelocity again as they add no value to the Travel chain.
josephc1436
May 16th, 2020
Never use Travelocity ever. They will not help you with any of your bookings if they are canceled by the airline.if there is a credit to be given by the airline Travelocity will make you call the airline oh, so you might as well call the airline to book your flight. Travelocity is worthless...
scottk874
March 10th, 2020
Good luck trying to get a hold of customer service... been on hold a total of 8 hours counting all the times they dropped my calls or the call went to a fast busy... do not use them..
margaretm836
May 7th, 2020
We had booked a flight to Japan in April to catch a cruise. When the cruise line cancelled the cruise in early March, I contacted Travelocity. After several phone calls, I finally got an e-mail from Travelocity that we were getting airline credit, and that another email would be forthcoming with the details, e.g., "travel by date", etc. When it didn't come, I called Travelocity several times - got put on hold, got hung up on, the works. A few weeks later, got an e-mail from American Airlines stating that the airline had refunded Travelocity for our tickets. So after 45 minutes on the phone, I was told that it would take 8 weeks to receive the refund. When I asked to talk to a supervisor, I was put on hold for close to an hour, then got hung up on! Will never again use Travelocity.
peggyp176
June 24th, 2020
If I haven't said this before, I am stating it again. I will NEVER use Travelocity again. I am still on the phone after a Chat on their site this morning and then waiting for over an hour for a 'call back', and now on a call for over 1 hour to obtain a refund due to an airlines cancellation of part of my trip. If I had not 'screen shot' the conversation on Chat, I may not even be this far. They are lying to each other and to me. I am disputing the charges on my card at this time because they will not give me a full refund due to the changes the airline made. What can I do with a one way trip to Seattle? Maybe hitch a ride home when we are done? And I was told that that part of the trip was cancelled as well along with part of the return trip. All that was left was a trip from Seattle to Chicago. This would be great if I LIVED IN SEATTLE OR CHICAGO... seriously. Okay done venting... for now. Still on hold so maybe not..
nicholass295
March 23rd, 2020
Horrible experience! I had to cancel a trip last-minute because the coronavirus made the conference I was attending shut down. I was on the phone with Travelocity (through whom I had booked the hotel) for almost an hour, was constantly put on hold, and then they claimed they had gotten a refund for me.

Weeks later, I have gotten no refund, and when I contacted the hotel they said that Travelocity hadn't even canceled the stay! I tried to call them but their line was "out of business", and a "chat agent" was incredibly unhelpful and basically said they had done the refund but the hotel had refused it (which wasn't true).

I will never use them again, and suggest you don't either. Horrible company!
nellj1
November 29th, 2019
Attempted to Book Flight & Accomadation Package. Upon Confirming Booking a Red Alert Displayed saying 'Card Details Incorrect' Checked to confirm my bank balance and 2x Authorisations had been deducted amounting to ~$1500. Package cost was ~$1200.
NO Receipt, Booking Confirmation or Itinerary was ever sent to my email. My Travelocity Account displayed 'No Planned Trips. To request cancellation and refund Customer Support requires itinerary number (which I never received! Many hours, web searches later I found cancellation contact emails for Travelocity. Contacted my bank to dispute and have authorisations cancelled/refunded. Day later I received an email from Travelocity to say my booking had been already cancelled and authorisation would be cancelled in ~7days or to contact them again. I now need a holiday to get over booking a holiday with Travelocity.
noral50
May 12th, 2020
I had booked a vacation from Chi to FL which had to be canceled due to Covid 19 and Travelocity issued flight credit valid for 12 months. I had to be on hold 2 times for 3 hours until I got a hold of a customer service representative. I searched for my new tickets to Florida with AA and found 2 roundtrip tickets for $512 and it clearly stated on the bottom that the price is for 2 travelers. $230 departure flight and the rest was for the return flight per individual. The representative finally answers and tells me that i need ro pay 512 per person and her system was down and we both knew that's a lie. SCAMMER! I fly all the time and the only reason i didn't book it myself is because you needan agenr to assist you. They are going out of their way to prevent people from using those flight credits and have the most unprofessional and undertrained employees... EXPIDIA IS GREAT A D I NEVER HAVE HAD ISSUES LIKE THESE WITH THEM! I have screenshots of everything as well
samuelm202
November 6th, 2019
Dear Travelocity,

I don't trust your company, period. You have violated my trust at the most severe level. Best of luck going forward without me.

Sincerely,
Sam
erind109
May 20th, 2019
Travelocity double-booked me on my flight and charged me for 2 tickets. Thanks to their 24-hour policy, by the time I noticed the mistake, it was too late. They refused to refund me, even though it was their mistake. Obviously, I did not want two tickets for identical passengers. That is ludicrous. But Travelocity doesn't care. It was over 24 hours later, so no refund for me.
michellem590
June 23rd, 2018
brandonf92
June 21st, 2019
I have booked my vacations in the past with Travelocity, and the experience was fair. After this last experience I will never use their booking services again. I recently booked a vacation package to Cartagena, Colombia which included flights+hotel accommodations, and a rental car. The trip is still a month away and I am already having issues with their lack of customer service. This does not give me a feeling of comfort in how this vacation will go. I booked a room with two queen beds for 2 guests and they have it listed as 1 guest. When I requested they make the changes, they told me it will cost an additional $177.00 USD per night for the second guest to share my room. I brought it to their attention that their website clearly states the "Base Rate Per Room Includes 2 Guests". Now they do not want to honor this price and want me to pay an additional $708.00 for the 4 night stay. Please be forewarned they do not honor what they advertise and will try and up-charge and overcharge for everything. Definitely shop elsewhere for a cheaper, stress-free vacation experience. I may update this review if the trip turns out better than the initial booking experience.
christiner60
February 23rd, 2017
The worst customer service! I've been overcharged, lied to by managers, put on hold for hours, disconnected multiple times, given numerous bogus phone numbers by managers, and still no resolution to my problem after weeks of trying to get help.
The overcharged me $1800 on a trip, said they would give me a credit and would not let me use it. Do not trust these people. Do your business elsewhere. I will NEVER use Travelocity.
joana90
July 26th, 2018
Tried to book a trip to Mexico, after Travelocity processed our $5,500.+ credit card charge, but the reservations didn't process. Two hours later, most of the time on hold, still no resolution for 24 hours more. Do yourself a favor. Do your research and book directly thru an airlines not this reseller.
Oh and the clincher, Travelocity supervisor said we were given a hotel credit of $100.00 (sent to our email) to compensate for our troubles. Is it there? NO NO ABSOLUTELY NO!
Will never book thru Travelocity again.
chrisv50
March 9th, 2017
We always had used Travelocity, for our trips. Have an acct with them. But this last time, when my husband, had to reschedule a flight, they charged us a astronimical fee, and pricing, it was horrible. He had also purchased insurance like always, but they wouldn't work with him at all. No more.
unhappyc334
September 24th, 2019
This may be a long winded message, but bare with me... I will provide a good piece of advice at the end to make sure this does not happen to you. I purchased motel lodging from travelocity.com, and was promised a certain rate... including all taxes and fees. When I went to hit the submit order button, my card was automatically charged a rate significantly higher than the agreed on price. I called their customer service department, and waited patiently after I was put on hold after hold, finally was able to speak for a moment to a sales associate who could do nothing to get my money back... The best part was that the associate said they have a system in place... this is the best part... whereby the price you click on, may not be the price you actually get. In those milliseconds from the mouse click to where the order is confirmed, the price can change. Now, there is no mention of this fact on their website. It is FALSE ADVERTISING. They offered me a $50 voucher for future purchases, I declined. I wanted my money back, plain and simple. The sales associate said they would have a department look into the matter and if they were in the wrong, they would refund my money.

Several days later, I spoke with another associate in customer service. I went through all of the details of what had occured, and didn't get anywhere with the situation. I asked to speak to a supervisor and after wasting more and more of my precious time, was finally transferred to a corporate associate. This lady said they would review all the info online
To confirm what price I had actually confirmed at. Finally the corporate associate came back on the line and said "so you confirmed at such and such price", which was the inflated price of which they had actually charged me. To which I responded "No I did not". The corporate associate continued to say the same thing over and over again ad nauseam, trying to get me to say yes to her answer. I then became silent and so did she.
After wasting another hour of my time, on top of the other hour plus I had wasted from days before, I was ready to end the conversation. I said I would take it up with my bank, and now am going through that process. MY ADVICE-screen shot the web page with all the details about the transaction, where it lists the final price, including taxes and fees. That way if you click submit and are charged a correspondingly higher amount(as happened to me) you will have a record of it. I will never use Travelocity again.
jasonb331
January 23rd, 2018
Purchased extra coverage for vehicle rental that we ended not using due to changing name on rental to my wife and having to add extra insurance coverage in her name. Which I understood being as that these were non transferable. Fine. Travelocity would not refund original cost of unused coverage and their call centers don't speak very good English and did not understand the situation so they put me on hold for an hour in hopes I would just hang up. Of course I did, it was obvious what they were doing. First and last time I or my family uses travelocity.
univp
October 22nd, 2019
When I booked for a rental car thru Travelocity.com, they did not mention that the car rental company in question, (most major car rental companies in Illinois) require a valid CREDIT CARD issued by a major US Bank in order to rent a car anywhere other than at the airport car rentals (even at the airport, one needs a return ticket to book cars using a debit card instead of a credit card). This information was concealed or overlooked when I booked at car at Travelocity.com and they gave me price and charged me $70 for car insurance for a weeks worth of car rental. On my visit to the local car rental (National car rental) to pick up the rental car, they refused to honor the reservation / booking made with Travelocity and refused to rent a car using my debit card instead of a credit card.

Travelocity would not take any responsibility for National car rental's refusal to rent me a car without a valid credit card and rejected my Debit card for payment.
davidm1232
May 6th, 2018
Purchased insurance with the expectation that there would be the ability to cancel in the event we would not be able to make it. The insurance has provided us with no such benefit. They refuse to cancel for us. Don't buy the insurance it is an absolute scam. Just extra money in their pocket. Now we are stuck with two expensive tickets that we don't know if we can use.
gregoryz1
April 25th, 2019
TRAVELOCITY.COM IS A FRAUDULENT COMPANY
Travelocity's Philippines based Customer Desk misspelled my first name (he missed the letter "e" in Gregory). In the post 9/11 world, this means that you will be denied boarding the transatlantic flight. Over the next 3 days, I spent a total of 18 hours trying to impress on them that since they took my money it is their responsibility to call the airline and fix it.
They told me that this is how I spelled my name to them (Could you believe it!) and just walked away from me. Incidentally, I am convinced that they routinely make people wait for long hours on the phone hoping that a disgruntled customer would get discouraged and would just walk away.
Having read all the complaints about Travelocity, it seems to be pointless registering another complaint. However, let me say it just for the record: THIS IS A FRAUDULENT COMPANY.
debbiec99
April 10th, 2017
Beware! I booked a Budget car rental which stated that there was free pickup within 5 miles. They didn't state that the exception was airports. I don't trust these websites and therefore called Budget ahead of time to make sure. Needless to say, they do not not. Check every detail so you are not side-blinded. Their customer service tried to tell me that a manager located in Mexico was taking care of it. That wasn't true either.

Bridgett, It is simply because this company has terrible, and I mean TERRIBLE customer service! It seems like the people who gave positive reviews have not had to make any changes in their arrangements--if they needed to change something, I believe their experience would have been negative. Who wants to do business with a company that is only a fair weather friend? Not me! This was by far the WORST experience I have had in dealing with a company. I will never use them again and I tell everyone I can to avoid them.

By Cindy P.