Review of Travelocity

Carson, NV 89703
Tel: 1-855-201-7800

mickm46
11/23/18

We missed a first flight in Acapulco. We got to Mexico city in time for our connecting flight by taking a bus. Travelocity canceled our tickets! We had to purchase new tickets in Mexico. Travelocity pocketed our ticket money with no refunds.
NEVER USE TRAVELOCITY.
Just a large corporation that could care less about their customers.
Another couple was purchasing their new tickets beside us for the same reason!
Travelocity makes a heafty profit out of fleecing customers. It's their policy.

roccom34
11/19/18

I flew from philadelphia to vegas, booked on travelocity which was great, but to all the people who book dont take bell or any transport to hotel. I Got off plane got my luggage, headed to bell transport,. when i got there they told me to get in line to get ticket. i told them i already paid, doesnt matter you have to get in line, cost me 27 dollars, the line was a block long. one cashier. handling all the bus service and limos to hotels. i said i aint waiting in line when i paid. and then you will be taking people to all the hotels it might be hours or more before i get to my hotel. so i said keep the money and took a cab. the cab was ten minutes and cost me 28,00 dollars one dollar more and i didnt have to wait in line and then drop off people at other hotels , dont use transport use cab faster and betterl i told travelocity and they gave me back my money and a fifty dollar credit. so beware of the hotel transfer services

jennyr111
11/15/18

We booked a condo in Taos, NM for a ski vacation in JULY 2018. In NOVEMBER 2018, Travelocity called and told us that the condo that we booked had closed down for good. We later received a phone call from the general manager of the condo stating that they had NOT closed down. We found out that Travelocity did not send them our booking until November, at which time they were fully booked. The manager stated that this type of thing happens on a regular basis with Travelocity. He called all of the other condos on the mountain to attempt to find us another booking, but since it was one month before peak season at this point, he could not find us anything else and we had to cancel our ski trip.

trevorb68
10/12/18

They will srew you on fees and heaven forbids plans change/ or needing some assistance. Terrible Custoemr Service. Do not use

violetr12
9/20/18

While I had no trouble with using the website, I am disappointed that Travelocity would partner with Economy Car Rental. Also, once you prepay, you can't get out of the rental. Next time, I will call car rental places myself. Not ever using a third party again!!

reneew99
8/15/18

We booked a room at the all seasons resort in yarmouth ma. We were given a price after our filter of our specified dates and a party of 4 adults. When at the hotel I found out they were charging us 120.00 extra because of 4 adults. No where did it state the occupancy is for 2 adults and 2 children. It says 4 for occupancy. When I called Travelocity the only thing they would say after keeping me on hold for over an hour is their scripted " I understand and I do apologize, but......." they are just as useless and slimy as the hotel is, and by the way the hotel smelled awful, their indoor pool was disgusting along with there bedding. I am not sure they washed there comforters since they purchased them. I will never ever ever use another online travel site or an all seasons resort. Both are terrible companies that I will never use or refer to others

jakkib
8/15/18

My destination plans were recently canceled due to natural disasters in California. The conditions are considered very hazardous due to multiple fires in California at this time. Travelocity was not accommodating at all. The other people in my party received credit for future travels with other airlines. Travelocity is the only agency that did nothing. I will not use them again.

jent63
7/31/18

Terrible experience. I booked a flight for my partner from Atlanta to London. Paid for a premium economy ticket. He wanted to change his return flight so i called Travelocity to make the change. The first agent I spoke to didn't understand the simple concept of a day change and asked me if I would consider another airline. I told him no I simply wanted to change the existing ticket I had already purchased. He told me he would have to refer me to his supervisor. 40 minutes on hold later and I got through to a supervisor who changed the flight. Only problem - he downgraded my partner to an economy ticket erroneously. I only found out when I went to the airline website and saw his seat in economy. Their Itinerary still said premium economy. Imagine if he had gone to the airport and been told there? Awful. I called Travelocity again. Once again had to wait 30 minutes for a supervisor to deal with me. He acknowledged that the change was their error but I had to call back when corporate was open to make the change back without it costing me. i have now called back for a 3rd time and have been sitting on hold for 62 minutes and counting without anyone actually being able to connect to a supervisor. DISGUSTING that I have to be inconvenienced this way to fix something that was THEIR error. I will NEVER use this company again and would advise any one else to avoid like the plague. The few dollars you save on the flight is not worth the hassle. AVOID AVOID AVOID. Cannot express how strongly you should avoid.

Tip for consumers: DON'T. Simply don't.

joana90
7/26/18

Tried to book a trip to Mexico, after Travelocity processed our $5,500.+ credit card charge, but the reservations didn't process. Two hours later, most of the time on hold, still no resolution for 24 hours more. Do yourself a favor. Do your research and book directly thru an airlines not this reseller.
Oh and the clincher, Travelocity supervisor said we were given a hotel credit of $100.00 (sent to our email) to compensate for our troubles. Is it there??? NO NO ABSOLUTELY NO!!!
Will never book thru Travelocity again.

paulh588
7/25/18

Don't use Travelocity, we used them for an important trip to a wedding in another state - made and paid for reservations (airline, including reserving seats in February for a June travel date), only to get an email the night before we left to check in and when we did, we discovered we had no seats!! So we had to scramble and pay an additional fee just so we could actually get seats. Try going direct to Airline websites or using Kayak or Orbitz, before you use Travelocity. And, by the way, calling Travelocity "customer service" the night before our June wedding trip to find out why our reserved seats were "gone" was a disaster.

faridp4
7/8/18

We had made a booking this morning (Saturday) thru Expedia by paying $ 452.32, for a full ocean view front room in the sea crest, as they have differences in prices, on arrival we told we have been booked for non ocean view room so we asked if we could pay and upgrade and were told they didnt have any more ocean view rooms available and to contact Expedia, so I had my wife speak to Expedia and I went ahead and paid a $100 as deposit for the non ocean view room cause after a long 6 hrs drive and the kids drained out all we wanted was to get in. So we were issued the key to a room on the 3rd floor no view. we had one more family coming and their booking also had a problem, same website same hotel, we needed one more room for 1 night for them for which we were told the price would be 278.10, which I paid, we were then told that we could get a room on the 11th floor ocean view if we paid 178.50 extra, which I also agreed and paid. So By now I had paid 452.32+100+278.20+178.50, A total of 1008.92 and after spending 2 hrs being tired and ready to move in, the manager, he didnt have no name bandage but I was told his name is David, told us that he accidentally sold the room to someone else, after charging me over 1000$ how can he accidentally sell the room to someone else, we were so very frastrated now, we still kept calm and were trying to speak to Expedia and I told my wife let it go, lets just take the non view room and get some rest, I went back to the reception and told mr David to just keep us in the non view room, he had already started cancelling all our bookings with no consent of ours, he told us he didnt have any place for us in this property and that he is cancelling all my bookings, and we had to leave, is this a service industry, how can you ask a customer to leave with no fault of his and $1000 off his card, I called 911, and they gave us an number for non emergency Cases, my wife said we are too tired for all this lets just find another hotel, so we went to another hotel and since Sea crest had blocked over a 1000 $ my card is now declining, so I called them to release my $1000 and was told it will be back on my card by monday, so I called my bank to dispute the transaction and was told since its a pending transaction the hotel has to call us to cancel, it was 11 pm now speaking to sea crest, my bank, Expedia and the new hotel, no one could help, I requested sea Crest to keep the transaction just pay me the cash so I could get a hotel room, which they said the cant do, I mean a 2 day 6 hr drive from home $1200 was a reasonable budget,
which left us with the only option of dring back home.

What a vacation, what an experience, I mean I didnt use any abusive language, I didnt point no gun on nobody, my family suffered for no reason,

Regards
Farid p

melissab334
6/26/18

I used travelocity to book my honeymoon, and I had to book over the phone because I needed to split the payment between 2 cards. I understand how this could make things more complicated, but it ended up being a mess. She books us 3 flights, and a hotel room for one night and then another reservation for the remaining nights. I didn't know this until after the call because she didn't explain how she split the payments at all. So I cancel all of the flights because it is a confusing mess, I then call to confirm which card the flights were on so I could book elsewhere. Come to find out they put everything on one card except the seperate night in the hotel. Well that was the debit card that we needed to use to pay for the wedding and spending money for the honeymoon. Its all gone. So luckily I can still cancel my hotel which I am going to do as soon as I get the okay from my fiance.

johnb1857
6/23/18

I booked a hotel thru them and got a reservation number close to my vacation i tried to confirm my reservation but travalocity site kept saying my reservation number didnt exsist. So i called the hotel to confirm reservation gave them my reservation number and last name after being on phone for close to an hour reservation manager at hotel could not find my reservation and said they were sold out. I was clearly frustrated but made a reservation thru expedia who never has let me down at a different hotel. A week later i get my cc bill and i was charged 230. For the room travalocity and the hotel said didnt exsist. So i called them and she couldnt find my reaervation using my number and last name after 4 plus hours going back and forth she says oh the hotel did have a reservation for u and because u didnt cxl theres nothing they can do. I was like well u both told me weeks before i hqd no reservation so i booked elsewhere cause they were sold out. I was told sorry but because i didnt cxl i was charged for room. I said i was told they didnt have my reservation(i called hotel twice) as well as travalocity telling me i had no reservation. I currentley put a stop payment on my cc and are still fighting this. Anyone else have similar situation. I am frustrated beyond belief. They totally screwed me and still want me to pay for a room i was told i disnt have until i called them out on it

michellem590
6/23/18

I recently visited Hotel Hugo/Azul Rooftop Bar located in New York City. I was greeted by a very friendly, courteous and informative security guard name Derrick. As he directed me and my friends to the rooftop - I was so amazed by the rooftop view or Hudson River. The bartenders were spectacular and the waitresses were all pleasant and most attentive to our needs. I would highly recommend this trendy hotel/bar to all my friends. It was an awesome experience. Thanks again Derrick.

juliem420
6/8/18

After planning what is suppose to be a trip of a lifetime through your company, I am now totally convinced your company is nothing but dishonest, deceitful and downright liars. We were contacted by a rep from your company late Sunday to reach out immediately because of a dramatic change in our flights. We were told our flight from Madison, WI to Atlanta had been cancelled and we need to find other options. We asked for more time to do research on our options. Your rep informed us that we had a one time offer to change without additional costs. We spent hours researching new flights, new dates, new hotels to find out when we called back the cancelled flight was back on ... and to change to our new flight, date and hotels was going to cost us thousands more!! What?? After many more hours on the phone talking to your internal team, we still have no resolution. No one there is willing to admit the original flight out of Madison was NEVER cancelled!! (We reached out to the airline directly and asked) We were outright lied to AND now youre not listening and are in denial of what occurred. What a disgraceful company. Never again!

wilsont21
5/24/18

All these online travel sites seem to have the worst people working in their customer service dept. To protect yourself use AMEX and record the calls so if these guys try to screw you, you file a chargeback for bad service or product not as described.

This site is okay as long as you don't have to deal with customer service

jasont200
5/23/18

If you have time and are flexible you can find a lot of great deals here. Especially in terms of last minute offers

davidm1232
5/6/18

Purchased insurance with the expectation that there would be the ability to cancel in the event we would not be able to make it. The insurance has provided us with no such benefit. They refuse to cancel for us. Don't buy the insurance it is an absolute scam. Just extra money in their pocket. Now we are stuck with two expensive tickets that we don't know if we can use.

colettb
5/2/18

Prior to purchasing a very expensive travel package, I called Travelocity to confirm that if I spend hundreds of dollars on the travel insurance that said 'cancel for any reason', that I would get a refund. The representative I spoke to said yes, I was understanding the policy correctly. I went ahead and purchased the package.

Because of some personal situations, we were not sure if we could go ahead with the trip, so yesterday I called Travelocity again to confirm that if we decide to cancel, we will get a refund. The representative told me we would (I am quoting her) 'get a full refund'.

Today when I called to cancel, suddenly the situation has changed. We can only get vouchers for the trip, not a refund. My case has been escalated a couple times, but there seems to be no recourse for me. TWO separate Travelocity agents gave me the same information, from which I made purchase decisions, but now the company won't stand behind what I was told. Why is a training issue on their end MY PROBLEM? This trip was thousands of dollars, and I would NEVER have booked it if I had been told the truth by the two agents I spoke to earlier.

Tip for consumers: Know that you can't trust what the customer service representatives tell you. Talking to different people gives different answers.

gm115
4/23/18

We've had it with this company. We tend to book vacations that costs 5 figures. We understand that is small peanuts compared to what Travelocity makes annually, but for us it is a big deal. For the past two years we've had issues with errors caused by the booking agent that has negatively affected our trips. They have refused to make things right despite there being recorded evidence of their agents' screwups. This year is the last year this company will make a dime from us.

amyw228
4/8/18

Im disgusted. Last week I made a reservation for a hotel stay last night. I cancelled 2 days after making it. I made sure it was within the time frame to prevent charges. Then this morning I get notice I was charged $187. Called the hotel who said I was a no show. I explained situation and they referred me to Travelocity. I called. Rep was kind and tried to help but had to pass me onto supervisor. Supervisor was kind and tried to help but had to contact corporate. On the phone the supervisor explained corporate was able to confirm my activity online and that I tried to cancel. They said my cancellation was not successful. I followed the link texted to me to cancel the reservation. It seemed quite simple and took me to a page that said cancel this reservation and I clicked on it. There was never any indication that the cancellation process that i followed as instructed was not successful. Now Im out $187 for a trip I cancelled. And I repeat- corporate CONFIRMED on the phone call that they could see the cancellation steps I took..... but it wasnt successful. Im in social work and hardly make the extra $ to just throw around. Im so disgusted with Travelocity. So disgusted.

theresaw52
4/7/18

I purchased one week of hotel reservations along with a protection plan...and two months before date of travel, we decided to cancel for medical issues. We were told that if we cancelled, we would be charged the full amount of our reservation as a penalty. The customer service rep told me he talked to hotel and they would not waive penalty. What a scam! I called the hotel and they had never received any money from Travelocity.....so penalty was from Travelocity. I believe I was told this because I purchased the insurance. Now, must jump through hoops with paperwork and doctor visits to get my money back for a vacation that is two months away. In my opinion, this is insurance fraud by Travelocity!

dalew56
3/23/18

I thought I was getting a better deal booking flight and car rental together through travelocity. I was wrong. Their website is confusing and there is no breakdown of the charges. I thought I had prepaid for my rental car but after I returned I see that enterprise charged me an additional few hundred dollars. Travelocity was no help at all when I called to question these charges and couldn't produce a receipt. Now I have to deal with enterprise directly. Turns out I paid $400 to drive a Ford Fiesta for 4 days. I would have paid less if I booked directly through enterprise. Travelocity can't tell me what was paid for initially. Do yourself a favor and book individually as you end up paying more booking through travelocity. There is NO DISCOUNT when booking together as they claim!

davidc706
3/15/18

Booked a three day stay at the Wyndham Ocean Blvd. property through Travelocity. I was very specific in my needs. Two bedroom condo OCEAN FRONT. When we arrived Wyndham had a room for us in Tower Four across the street from the beach. Not only was it not ocean front, it was across the freaking street from the beach.
The desk clerk explained that she has been working there for six months and this is apparently how Travelocity and Wyndham work. Both are dishonest. Travelocity charged me $151 for cancelling the booking even though I paid the higher rate so I could cancel if needed.
I will never stay at another Wyndham property and I will never book anything through Travelocity.

jimj146
3/2/18

why can't I give travelocity 0 stars? Or negative stars?
These LOWLIFE TRAVELOCITY people put you on hold forever
The story: my flight was rescheduled for another day
I tried to call to cancel my car reservation; I still will be flying, just no car.
The TRAVELOCITY drones say that they have to call the car rental company directly, that they've already charged my credit card for a reservation I haven't picked up the car yet.
The car rental company (when I called them) says they haven't gotten any of my $, they don't charge until I pick up the car.
So Travelocity scumbags have my car rental money, and it's taking me hours on hold to get the car reservation canceled.
DON'T COMBINE A CAR RENTAL WITH YOUR FLIGHT. CALL THE CAR RENTAL COMPANY DIRECTLY AND YOU WILL SAVE YOURSELF A LOT OF GRIEF AND TIME...
THEY WILL WASTE YOUR TIME DON"T USE THIS SCUMBAG COMPANY TRAVELOCITY SUCKS.
STAY AWAY STAY AWAY FAR AWAY FROM TRAVELOCITY!!!!
NEVER USE THEM AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!

Bridgett, It is simply because this company has terrible, and I mean TERRIBLE customer service! It seems like the people who gave positive reviews have not had to make any changes in their arrangements--if they needed to change something, I believe their experience would have been negative. Who wants to do business with a company that is only a fair weather friend? Not me! This was by far the WORST experience I have had in dealing with a company. I will never use them again and I tell everyone I can to avoid them.

By Cindy P.

They tell you that you can use the credit within 12 months. When you try to book the flight, there is no way to apply the credit yourself, so you have to speak with a rep to do it. They place you on hold for hours! When you finally do speak with someone who can help you, you are told there is a re-booking fee added to be able to use the credit, making it cost more than if you just purchase a new ticket without adding the "credit"! Bottom line is that they say there is no penalty and that you get the credit, but you do not. They are liars and unethical, at best.

By Cindy P.

I don't know that. All I know is that I will not use them ever. They basically let me go after I had payed for the tickets. They are not an honest company. Good luck I hope you find your answers.

By Emiliana P.

I totally disagree, you will never understand if you don't like to understand. If you try tonipen your ears and listen carefully without so much objections in mind, i bet you will understand. If you are a frequent flyer, you will know that these travel agencies has no control of the policies of the tickets, as they are implemented by airlines. And when you book a trip online, either from travel agencies or airlines websites, you will be informed of the policies. I bet you know how to read and understands simple english word, like non refundable right?

By bobbi h.

Questions? Get answers from the Travelocity staff and other customers.

Travelocity?