Review of Agoda

agipllc@agoda.com

jackb259
2/17/18

STAY AWAY FROM AGODA!
They might be a few pound cheaper than the other companies but its not worth it! We booked a hotel for December 2017, once we received the confirmation it had completely different dates, February 2018. I contacted them immediately to let them know of the mistake and they have refused to help at all. They have said once its booked they cant change it even it is their mistake. £300 down the drain!

johng585
2/17/18

Worst experience I have ever had. We booked our trip through Agoda for a family trip to Cancun purchased airline tickets and excursions which were non refundable. I went to my online Agoda portal and our trip showed up canceled. I called Customer service and after a 1hr hold I spoke with a women could not explain to me why my trip was canceled asked to speak with a supervisor she put me on hold for another 20 min then said I could not speak with supervisor and that she could not do anything to fix the mistake Agoda did by canceling trip. Asked for the agents name and would only give me her first name. This company is shady and I would never recommend even to my worst enemy.

mavisy1
2/11/18

On 19th Jan 2018, I was travelling to Hong Kong with my parent for 2 nights. As I knew the room in Hong Kong is small so I booked 2 family rooms for 3 adults. When I checked in, the receptionist kept repeating "family room" with their own language (maybe Hindi) which I do not understand. After a few minutes, the guy who standing besides the receptionist asked me how many people is with me, I answered there are 3 of us. After 10 minutes, they passed me 2 keys tab and told me the rooms are located at 6th floor (the reception at 16th). At that time, I felt very strange on their behaviours because I saw people who checked in before me were lead by their staffs but I was not. However, since this is not my first time to live here (yes, this was my second time lived in Chung King Mansion) so I was able to find my way to go down. When I opened the door, this is double room not family room. And, I went to check another room, it also is a double room. So I was given 2 double rooms instead of family rooms without any informing!!

So, I went back to the reception (I climbed 10 floor of staircase as the lift is not stopping every level) and argued. The guy was approaching and asking:"there are 3 of you right" "yes" " then the double rooms are correct" "but I paid for family rooms not double rooms" Then, the guy went back to counter and talked with another women in their own language. After a while, the guy came back and said that was their mistake as they only reserved 1 family and 1 double room (they totally did not mention it when I checked it) he asked 3 of us to squeeze into 1 family and he will refund half of price. He showed me that Agoda will give them HKD1960 from my booking, so that he can refund me HKD 980 (but I paid Agoda S$390.25 with the exchange rate that I got from money changer is 5.8, so I should get HKD1132 from them). He also showed me how "big" of family room, it's just 2 king size single beds!! I said this is impossible to us to stay, so I want at least 1 family room and 1 double room and the hotel should refund half of the price to me. He said not possible because Agoda is holding their money for one month so they cannot refund (he changed his mind after talked with the women (not receptionist), maybe that women is main person in-charge but English not good) and he asked me cancel this booking and went to find another hotel as the hotel was fully booked and he really cannot give me two family rooms. He said their hotel rules are not refundable but he will tell Agoda to refund me (I'm pretty sure that he will tell Agoda I did not show up because there was no evidence to show Agoda I was there if I really walked away that time). I rejected his suggestion as I suffered an exchange loss even I got refund. So I asked he could give me 1 family and 1 double for first night. He promised he will give me another 1 family room on my second day.

So, I went back to reception to checked out the double room to get their promised family room. I was in reception at around 9am and the guy talked with me was not there, only the women and another guy. I said I want to check out the double room and get the family room, the women asked me sit down and wait a while. After 10 minutes (there is no other customer at reception and they were sitting there doing nothing), I was a bit angry so I went to the counter, they asked me to wait for the guy as he is the one who deal with me. After I asked how long I have to wait, they said he will come at 10am (yes, they was expecting me sitting at their reception for 1 hour and do nothing). I was so angry and told them why I have to keep waiting? Why their mistake becomes my problem? They just kept saying ask me to wait for the guy, he will come at 1030am (yes, they changed the timing again). So I asked:" what time the guy will come? Just now you said 10am now you said 1030am, what's the real timing" "it's around 1030am" answered by another guy who were sitting with the women. "So its confirmed 1030am" "yes" "ok, then I will come at 1030" so, the women was sitting there without saying anything but showed me her black face.

So, I went back to reception at 11am (just in case the guy still not showing up at 1030am) and I gave the guy the key for double room. Within 5 minutes, he gave me another key and told me it's located at 6th floor and nothing more. Then, I went and checked it's another double room! I really fed up to climb another 10 floor and argue, and I believed they will tell me same story as Agoda is holding their money so that they cannot do anything. Also, I already wasted my whole morning for nothing, it's really no point for me going back to see their black faces with no respond! They absolutely no intension to give me another family room since I tried on my first day.

So, I decided to make a complaint to Agoda and asked for a refund since hotel claimed Agoda is holding their money. I emailed my situation in details to Agoda, they replied that they will investigate my case and give me an update. So after few days, they said they checked with hotel and there was nothing wrong from hotel side as the price of double room is higher than family room. Out of goodwill, Agoda willing to give me U$35 gift card to me. I very disappointed and replied that the gift card is useless to me as I have no travel plan for future. Then, I received an email from Agoda asked me to fill in satisfactory form. Then I just noticed that my case was closed by Agoda without any efforts from them!!

So, I called to customer center and told them I'm not satisfy with their answer, I asked them to investigate again. Then I just realised that Agoda misunderstood that the hotel gave me 1 family and 2 double rooms in one night, so they felt like hotel gave enough compensation to me! From the statement, I knew that hotel gave wrong information and Agoda just blindly follow! After Agoda confirmed that the hotel only provided 1 family and 1 double room, they said they can give S$89.20 in cash. I paid nearly S$400 but they not even to compensate 1/4 of the full amount. Thus, I very angry and asked them to give me proof of posting, and they yet to give me but replied that customer satisfaction will reply me shortly! I think they will close my case AGAIN! Since Agoda so irresponsible, I will advise all Travellers not to book any hotel from them anymore because they will just satisfy hotel side not customer!

takaevc
2/9/18

it's a nightmare having to deal with agoda ....
I have a hotel that Agoda sells on its website.I just wanted to erase old photos on their sites
At the end of several emails I had a phone call to Juhasz Veronika (Agoda Europe Team) <ps-europe@agoda.services>

She asked me to make an email and then I made several emails .... no answer again.
I have a word for Agoda it's crazy house.

lynb19
2/9/18

I booked an airport hotel via Agoda. It accepted my dates and the room type I chose however, when I put my payment details in and clicked on a discount code it changed the dates completely to the month before. Agoda will NOT amend or let you cancel they also state they have 24/7 representation... they do not. When I rang them at 630am UK time I was basically told that it was my error and they would contact the hotel. I decided to email the hotel directly only to be told that Agoda DO NOT have a contract for the top room that I had booked! Whats even worse, the confirmation from Agoda confirms the room that they have no contract to book! God knows how they can get away with this its basically FRAUD as far as Im concerned. FALSE ADVERTISING, TAKING MONEY for something they cannot honour! I have managed to get the date changed directly with the hotel but at an extra £89 on top of the £80 I already paid! I will never use this company again and would advise anyone to do the same! RIP OFF. Also, the room booked is actually the cheapest the hotel do with BUNK beds! I wouldve hit the roof if Id gone to check in and found that

susanp221
2/9/18

Quoted price from you and hotel overcharged and would not honour the price guarantee. They are being difficult appalling customer service.

tatjanak
2/6/18

I am extremely disappointed by the customer service of Agoda. They have taken $2500 without my authorisation, and have sent email confirmation that I have not been charged. I have spent 5 hours on the phone. Im starting to think that the use the preauthorisation to invest to make profit. They are incompetent thieves! With terrible service. Five different answers from five staff!!no manager call back and day 3 of unauthorised taking of my funds. There is a reason that Booking.com allow direct payment at hotels! Im posting this just so I can get them to respond to my calls and emails and return the funds that they cant explain why or how were taken.

Read more http://www.expatkings.com/agoda-review/#comment-1703

charlesb218
1/31/18

Stay away from this site. They book at below official rate of the hotel and then when you show up, the hotel refuses accommodation.

ghazalr
1/29/18

I had a written agreement they will refund me for a hotel they wrongly booked. THEY DENIED AND I SPENT 4000$.

emmap49
1/26/18

The hotel we stayed at was horrendous, totally incorrect listing and we left after 1 night. When i spoke to Agoda they originally seemed concerned and offered me a $50 gift card to apologise for my experience, but things got way worse. The hotel would not offer me a refund as they stated I stayed all the booked nights, I evidenced to Agoda that this was not the case and they tried to pursue a refund. They couldn't seemingly get hold of the hotel but continued to stay loyal to them. Eventually they offered to front the refund for the nights we didn't stay. in a flurry of confusion also offered another $50 giftcard. this was then retracted within the next email as "please disregard the giftcard". really ??. by the end of our dialogues they seemed to have little caress for the state of the hotel and obviously were going to do nothing about it despite its absolute state. They don't care about their customers and really dont know how to support them, TOTAL JOKE.

tm153
1/23/18

They do not help support you at all if you have an issue with payment or hotels. Better off going through expedia or booking.com who have more helpful customer support.

tanyao11
1/19/18

The don't answer u then the I'd numbers they give you don't work the phone numbers don't work...I need to talk to you about my first reservation.,..then saying my bank didn't let them they gave me my receipt number that day cancelled it...then the next day while on my way to the destination I realise that the accommodation was not actually booked only to go back on same site to be stung with sorry we don't have your reservation ...but oh yep agonda took your money stated that it was a guaranteed thing I just need to be listened to never ever ever in any situation use priceline as they use.agonda.... I didn't realise and cause I was in a hurry...anyways go straight to hotel that will guarantee u the cheap price and no middle man...

paulat41
1/15/18

Used my stolen credit card to book a trip for someone whose name is not even close to mine. Refuses to work with bank and refund money.

wsdearkartw
1/11/18

They can only do it with Gen Vactive . But also just realize that you are facing doing it this can come from heaps of angles. I've also been around outsiders who don't share my view of it. Remember that it's paramount to appear cool. I have uncovered this a slew of gals are not afraid of this fact because you won't locate coalitions for the job. We didn't see many customer complaints. Sometimes using that just isn't worth the effort. The next step is to ask yourself what sort of walgreens Free Stresser you want? I'm experimenting with it. Mere mortals insisted on your revolution, but I really don't see the point. We need to rethink the opinion that these are the hot tips in the matter of it.

Many new arrivals suggest that in respect to, Gen Vactive when the pace of sales is slow so that this has been lauded by mentors. Then again perhaps not. This article is going to make a big assumption that maybe I shouldn't make. Doing it plays another salient role. You'll probably locate you've got a couple of hundred dollars worth of it lying around. They look lonely. They offer my prerogative at an unpopular price. Choosing the right herbal Free Stresser means thinking outside the box. I've made lots of mistakes over the past few days while learning that. I bought this sight unseen. You could discover all the existing examples of some place if you tried. This decoy is also very helpful. Run this over and over in your brain: that setup is very significant. I don't know what to suspect. It isn't the easiest element in the world, but this is the most salient feeling. I wonder what the market value of geeks doing that is. Were you happy touching on Metabochoice Forskolin.

davidp409
1/9/18

We booked a 4* hote;. Arrived late in the evening and at 6:45am were woken to the sound of a digger which was just 7m from our hotel room (the other side of an 8ft fence).

Having complained Agoda gave us a gift card as compensation but I have not been able to use it as non of the hotels so far have accepted it on Agoda.com. The gift cards are a complete con.

claudiob25
1/6/18

Booking.com must have hired some Russian service to write negative reviews about their cousins of agoda.com. Agoda is the perfect website for your bookings, they are safe and they manage the payments for most of the hotels but be aware that some of the bookings are passing thru booking.com so try to avoid this kind of booking or you'll have serious problem. 5***** Best service EVER.

dougm98
1/1/18

Absolutely horrible company. Ruined my holiday travel/vacation plans and offered me $50 for my "inconvenience". Booked hotel through Agoda for the Miami Beach area and was informed just days before arrival that my booking was no longer available. They offered me a hotel room at a nearby hotel that was nowhere near the quality of the accommodations I had booked originally. By this point, equivalent accommodations were in the $1000's per night and were not affordable. STAY AWAY if you to be sure your booking will be there when you arrive!

erics270
1/1/18

I booked an overnight room that said it was a day room only but the Agoda site said it could be booked for the dates I entered. They took my money and sent me an email confirmation for the overnight stay at the hotel. Attached was a note about check in that said it was a day room only for 8 hours and NO OVERNIGHT STAYS. The useless "help centre' said it checked and it was indeed a day room and only for a maximum of 12 hours. They couldn't even get that right, and didn't consider it strange that they gave me a written confirmation for an overnight stay in a day room only. Apparently it's my fault for booking a room they sold me as an overnight room, ( I have the written confirmation from Agoda that they booked an overnight room)when the hotel site said it was a day room. NO REFUND.

dilipk8
12/27/17

Useless customer care and very negligence. worst service.
Don't believe agoda!!
Cheaters. they cancelled my booking without informing me.

michaelj284
12/26/17

After making a booking on their site in January 2017 for a December 31st date in Sydney. I phoned the Hotel on December 27th to find that Agoda hadn't booked with the hotel. I then phoned Agoda who put me on hold for 25 mins while they sorted it out.
Finally got the booking. I then phoned the Hotel to find out that Agoda made the booking that day (27th) at $400 less than I paid them. Talk about ripping people off Agoda! I have just phoned you back and am now on hold for last 29 mins.

kelw4
12/25/17

I am also not able to find any of the deal that has the "gift card" icon and was not able to use my accumulated money which is going to expire by Dec.31. 2017. I tried many times emailing and calling them but received no response at all. I think that is what their system designed to rip off all these accounts. Can we file complaint to some consumer council? Is this a subsidiary of priceline? Agree, consider such terrible experience, I can never use this shady company again.

danielt139
12/17/17

Booked a hotel with agoda.com, checking in the 16th, checking out the 17th. Went to the hotel, and found out AGODA HAD MADE THE RESERVATION FOR DAY-ONLY!!! Meaning, for those of you who are unfamiliar with how agoda rips customers off, that you can only use the room during the day. Apparently if you book a hotel with agoda, the day-only use is AUTOMATICALLY SELECTED!!! You have to FIND THE PLACE TO SELECT THE OPTION TO STAY THE NIGHT. Notice that you have to do this if you book the room to check in one day and check out the next. Who on God's green earth checks in one day, checks out the next and does NOT spend the night? Absolutely ridiculous. Did agoda give me a refund? Nope! Bandits. Never use this service.

liamf24
12/12/17

Really disappointing that Agoda (booking.com)/Hotel cancelled my confirmed booking for NYE in Thailand (presumably due to hotel getting a better booking rate).

This is despite making 11 international bookings across 5 countries with Agoda over past 12 months.

Hotel was strategically chosen to ensure my 6yo son and 72yo mother could enjoy the fireworks from the hotel rather than dealing with the crowds.

Viable solution offered from Agoda? No way. Just a suggestion of me moving to a lesser quality hotel with no view.

Response to 2 emails sent directly to Agoda? Unfortunately not. Radio silence.

#agoda #booking.com you are looking extremely #unprofessional now.

porsep
12/5/17

Pice of garbage service.
They booked different type of room that i paid. When i try to cleare the issue they said they cant do anything due to the fact that there is no more free room, and gave me a 30 box gift card.
Fuk off your giftcards!

vanessal55
11/26/17

I booked a hotel in Los Angeles for free cancellation, but when I finished booking it, it turns out to be a non-refundable one in my email receipt. And I called and provided my screenshot (which states that I booked the free cancellation one) to the customer service, and they said that in the system I booked the non-refundable one. I don't know if they try to fool the customers that make us pay for the more expensive one for the lower price one. That's completely non-reliable and non-acceptable! I will never use Agoda again. Hope you guys watch out!!

I didn't know that? I have had the best deals from them and I find them very helpful.

By Sandra B. [Agoda Rep]

I don't bother making lists just search for where I am going and select the best deal for at least 1 mth before its needed and keep track of prices

By steve B. [Agoda Rep]

Great Site. No worries...Go Ahead you can trust Agoda. Member almost 3 years now and never a problem

By Richard D. [Agoda Rep]

janice depends on the hotel most want to use the credit card given for security due to fraud so check with the hotel first befor your husband becomes distraught

By Mel L. [Agoda Rep]

It was my understanding that you receive points according to the amount of money you spend on reservations, not on writing reviews.

By Bonnie S. [Agoda Rep]

Hi Marlon, you have to register to Agoda affiliation program, you will see all the history about your Agoda purchase and points. I use Agda very often, and I have already enjoyed a couple of weekends for free redeeming my points. of course when booking cheap hotels you get a few points only, so it will take time till you can get full benefits from it. It's a great way to keep customers with them, they are very smart.

By Alessandro P. [Agoda Rep]

I am not aware of any reward for posting a review !

By Tee-Hong T. [Agoda Rep]

I usually use my mobile phone to show the voucher, bbut most times hotels are not even bothered to see it as they have your name on file.

By Bob H. [Agoda Rep]

ask your bank for a copy of the statement if you dont have one but a valid id would be handy if the hotel/motel do not allow then give them the flick and sue them

By Mel L. [Agoda Rep]

sorry for the delay in response when i have booked through Agoda i know it is done but if your not feeling good about it then yes you can check but the result will still be the same when you arrive some of the tricks hotels /motels use is to say they never received the booking which is why Agoda gives you a booking reference hope this helps

By Mel L. [Agoda Rep]
Questions? Get answers from the Agoda staff and other customers.

18 Photos for Agoda