Review of Agoda

privacy@agoda.com
2018 Customer choice award

kyliec20
5/22/19

Best price guarantee is a sham...I booked and paid for 2 rooms for 6 nights on Agoda. I found the exact same booking on Booking.com so took all the screen shots as requested and submitted the online form with attachments. It stated 2 days for a response. It is now over a week later and I have heard nothing! Booking.com includes all the taxes etc in their price, Agoda doesn't until you have already put in your credit card details in. I sent them an email regarding my online price match and all I received back was a generic email...I will NEVER bother with Agoda again. Their price was over $120au more expensive once they added in their taxes...Shame on you Agoda for misleading your customers.

marneliseh
5/22/19

We had a booking through Agoda. My husband wanted to enquire on the cancellation policies and by accident cancelled our booking. When we wanted to reinstate the booking, they suddenly couldn't find it. How convenient to get paid a ton of money and not be able to find the booking that was cancelled by mistake

ritikas10
5/21/19

They are a complete fraud and cheaters. They have unilaterally cancelled my hotel booking and sold our rooms to someone else at a higher price.

markm1201
5/21/19

I have tried over and over to cancel my booking with Agoda but it seems impossible to do so. They've even said I haven't got a booking when they've taken my money.
DO NOT USE THIS BUNCH OF CROOKS.

nataliea61
5/14/19

I recently decided to move from Expedia to Agoda as Agoda "appeared" to be $4 cheaper per night for a hotel but I regret the move. The Customer service is atrocious and no one is accountable and does not want to resolve the problem. They make serious errors in bookings and references, there is no response for up to 4 days and then the error is covered up by multiple emails iterating the cover up. E.g. I cancelled a booking of 2 rooms within the cancellation period to upgrade to better rooms.Agoda responded & confirmed cancellation twice but subsequently charged my credit card for the booking and claimed we made cancellation AFTER the free period.They did not respond till AFTER the cancellation period and then charged in FULL for the cancelled rooms. This is unacceptable. And despite going to the hotel in question and obtaining a confirmation of this cancellation, AGODA refused and allocated blame to the hotel both in writing and in the correspondences. Really UNETHICAL and DEPLORABLE behaviour. NEVER AGAIN! BUYER BEWARE!

naomiw32
5/11/19

I had booked a weekend stay in Niagara Falls for a friend of mine and myself. I had to unfortunately cancel my booking due to a death in the family, i was charged by the hotel and when contacted customer service online which was next to impossible to find on the site I received VERY RUDE customer service, i was told that they would look into the charges and see what they could do for me and would hear back. one week later NOTHING!! Never going to use them again, unfortunately you can't control deaths in family and to still be charged $300 + for a hotel i could not use. NOT HAPPY with either Agoda or Hotel

eynese
5/8/19

Agoda is a "FRAUD" company. You should NEVER make any booking through them. Recently, I booked a hotel in Shimla through Agoda, but the hotel simply refused to acknowledge our booking through Agoda when we arrived there. I was with my family and we had to face so much trouble because we didn't have a place to stay or access to food throughout the night. The worst part is that the customer service at Agoda was not reachable and they are not even offering any compensation for their mistake. We had to go through a lot of inconveniences and it spoiled our family trip. I am never trusting Agoda again. I would suggest you all also to not make any bookings through them.

jent109
5/8/19

I recently booked a hotel at Agoda
When I check in, I found my hotel not available and under
renovation and the hotel offered a old room but I paid $500
I rejected the room and Agodan promise to
help me for the refund.
After two months of constant chasing
they told me the payment was to a person and not to the Hotel
However, payment was made on Agoda Website and the exact amount was deducted so i thought it was the owner's account
The owner also have my booking when I arrive
Now all parties deny the payyment and I am not able to get my money back
This is a total Cheat both from the hotel and Agoda is not doing anything to stop this
nonsense and there will be many victims like me
Agoda is not helping me and insist I proof the payment to the hotel!
Please becareful and my advice is do not book from Agoda.

roberts1850
5/7/19

Do not trust Agoda. they currently have my private cell number listed as a hotel phone number and call with guest information almost daily. No matter how often I ask them to stop they continue to call me at all hours of the night with info on guests booked through agoda

marjoried34
5/6/19

I have been booking with Agoda for my past travels. They cancelled my 2 bookings without any notifications because as per them there is a dispute with my previous booking. I have called their customer service and even spoke to one of the supervisors but their customer service is very incompetent. 1. No one was able to provide me with a resolution 2. One of the agents hangs up on me because he does not know the answer to my inquiry.

They want me to rebook the room which is no longer available online. Booking with AGODA is very inconvenient. Customer does not have any protection. The reason why I booked ahead of time is that I want to secure a good room type with a good price. Now I can no longer avail that because of their unreasonable cancellation which they can't even reinstate!

lv20
5/6/19

Agoda cancelled mine booking because their pay system stated that the money was not received or confirmed by their payment partner.
So I went to another Hotel where I could pay in cash.
But later I saw that the money was send to Agoda.
But after 7 e-mails still no answer.
And by calling you are connected to a CD with unpleasant music and no one pick up the phone.
So they get the money. And after that they are unreachable.

patilk
5/4/19

Fuking to agoda i loss my 3500 bucks towards booking very bad experience towards agoda plz dont go for agoda because there r very nice online booking r there plz dont go for agoda very very bad experience all staff r bulshet ......

gloriap96
5/1/19

booked one night stay to add an extension in our stay for my family in El Nido Palawan (due to emergency concern) but was declined after confirmation ( paid ) using my credit card .. so TOXIC ! and the preferred bed accommodation for my family didn't match to what i booked.

kieranb13
5/1/19

Went to book a hotel through Agoda and saw there was a 10% discount code off (what I thought) ANY hotel booking (as the code indicated). I went to book the hotel and the code did not work. I had to book the hotel as I needed it urgently, so assumed that I could just phone up later to make the adjustment.
When I phoned, I was told that the code was invalid, despite it saying it would work on any booking, and when I tried to question it he would not budge or help in any way possible. I thought the point was to provide customer service, and also I think this is misleading and blatently false advertisement. Extremely disappointed and will not be using Agoda again, and I advice you don't either.

williams1247
4/30/19

Used to be a loyal Agoda customer, now I'll just go with whichever site has best discount rate. Forget the loyalty points, they've reduced it to 3 months validity so useless unless you travel every month or so. Go with your bottom line and forget the gimmick.

tanas11
4/30/19

This company took my booking of me and my 10 year old son. First they said I never confirmed my booking when I did a month ago then they called yesterday and said they don't accept kids. The agent Lenny was so rude and ignorant.

ghadai
4/25/19

Planning legal actions against Agoda but wanted to share my experience with you as well!!
If there is a way I could rate this company less than 1 star I would have opted for it!!
We booked a hotel room for 2 adults and 3 kids, we received a confirmation that clearly states that the booking is confirmed for 2 adults and 3 kids, when we arrived to the hotel, we've been informed that Agoda only booked a hotel room for 2 adults and 2 kids for our stay. We were left with one kid with no bedding. After spending 2 days in discussion with Agoda customer service and the hotel front desk, Agoda finally sent us an email stating clearly that they are happy for us to book an upgrade to accomodate the 5th person in our party and that they will refund the cost. We explained that the only option that the hotel can offer to accommodate the 5 of us was to book an extra room and Agoda customer service agreed again in writing that they will refund the extra cost upon reception of our invoice. After checking out from the hotel, I sent the invoice as agreed to Agoda with all the required details and an email from the hotel management explaining exactly the situation and the restrictions that they have with the law. Agoda's answer was that we should have accepted to share the 4 beds for the 5 of us and that they will not refund the extra room that they have initially agreed to pay. I am taking the case to court now but wanted to warn you all about this company... Do not deal with them at all unless you want to waste your money.....
Poorest service ever!!!

susanl491
4/23/19

I have NEVER heard of this company and NEVER used this company but to my surprise
R3 215.68 was deducted unlawfully from my account. I contacted their customer services but with NO joy. In the meantime I am sitting without money for 3 weeks now and not even my bank did something to re-imburse me.

petr1

United Kingdom
Review
Reads
Useful

Click "Yes, update me" to receive emails from Trustpilot about your reviews, inspiration, tips about businesses and products, information about Trustpilot, and new features. You can opt out at any time.
Review of Agoda
Star 1
Star 2
Star 3
Star 4
Star 5
Just now
Poor service and missledaing presentation of properties!
I'm very disappointed with service agoda provided - or better; service not provided!
They show very misleading pictures of properties and reviews are not ordered by date which would be helpful since place can change a lot in 7 years! Instead they put good reviews in front... i made 3 bookings with agoda for my trip and i have to say that only 1 was ok, 1 was disappointing, 1 was horrible!
The horible experience: we had to leave the property after one hour (middle of the night) cause it was so dirty, smelly, old and had huge bed bugs! we sent all the pictures of proof (even the bed bug) to agoda and they refuse to refund us by excusing that the property do not want to refund and that they cannot do anything about it... very poor and missledaing and i will definitely not book with agoda or any other brand from booking holding corp.

carlg105
4/22/19

I had very bad experience with customer support of agoda's company, after I fully paid my stay I had an hospital emergency but the support team didnot answer me or forward my case note to the related hotel on purpose till after my checkout more than 10 days later and by that they made sure that no money is refunded or credited in my account. Very disappointed instead of saving my money as they say they just steal it

carolef39
4/21/19

5 months before I was to travel, I booked a room through Agoda. A few days later, I amended the reservation to increase the stay. It was changed to 4/14 -23 from 4/17 -23. I then had to cancel the entire vacation. Agoda handled it as 2 different reservations despite the fact that it was the same person and the dates overlapped. Apparently, they never cancelled the original reservation with the hotel and so I was charged over $500 as a no show. I contacted them and all they did was repeat the scripted message and blame the hotel. I suspect they do business "by the script" and don't think critically. When I amended the initial reservation, it canceled it out. I am waiting to see if the hotel (Ubud Village in Bali)is more customer friendly. I definitely will not use Agoda again.

gregr20
4/19/19

I have used this site for years but it is changing, not for the better. Recently I booked a hotel only to find it does not exist. Agoda was of no help. It is very difficult to contact customer service (I think intentionally on the part of Agoda). In the end they agreed there was no response from the hotel/host and offered me a credit. Two months later I see the same hotel remains listed on Agoda, and my review warning travelers is not posted. Shame on you Agoda; ALLOWING FRAUDULANT LISTINGS with no concern for customers.

leslieh70
4/18/19

I don't recommend to use this service. Their website is not easy to use and they don't always show the true information.

erinw124
4/16/19

I booked a beach condo in January, and the company just called to confirm and guess what? They never confirmed through the actual resort, so I have no room. I WILL NEVER USE AGAIN, I wouldn't have given any stars if it was an option!

ooo1
4/13/19

I booked a hotel with Agoda back in December 2018 for Orlando vacation. Never Got confirmation and Never receive anything regard to the booking. So I thought it didn't go through at that time. Agoda doesn't have phone so I couldn't contact anyone. Two weeks after my vacation, Agoda charged almost 300.00 for the hotel I didn't even stay. I called the hotel and they stated that they found my name under a reservation. However since I didn't show up they agreed to charge only 1 day no-show and would return the rest of the money to me. Since I went through Agoda, I'd to call them to get my money back instead. They refused to pay me back my money and told me to wait for weeks. That's when I knew they were just lying and trying to keep my money. I didn't think the hotel was legit either. Maybe they worked together to scam you. Who know? All I knew was I got charged for something I didn't even use in a full amount. So be careful and stay away if you can. You can get a better deal if you go directly to the hotel page instead of using third party.

I didn't know that? I have had the best deals from them and I find them very helpful.

By Sandra B.

I don't bother making lists just search for where I am going and select the best deal for at least 1 mth before its needed and keep track of prices

By steve B.

You maybtry the resort website http://thecliffresort.com.vn and check the payment method. I got a better rate thru agoda, so did not contact the resort directly. The photos in agoda and resort web truly reflect the rooms and facility. http://thecliffresort.com.vn

By Diep P.

janice depends on the hotel most want to use the credit card given for security due to fraud so check with the hotel first befor your husband becomes distraught

By Mel L.

It was my understanding that you receive points according to the amount of money you spend on reservations, not on writing reviews.

By Bonnie S.

Hi Marlon, you have to register to Agoda affiliation program, you will see all the history about your Agoda purchase and points. I use Agda very often, and I have already enjoyed a couple of weekends for free redeeming my points. of course when booking cheap hotels you get a few points only, so it will take time till you can get full benefits from it. It's a great way to keep customers with them, they are very smart.

By Alessandro P.

I am not aware of any reward for posting a review !

By Tee-Hong T.

I usually use my mobile phone to show the voucher, bbut most times hotels are not even bothered to see it as they have your name on file.

By Bob H.

ask your bank for a copy of the statement if you dont have one but a valid id would be handy if the hotel/motel do not allow then give them the flick and sue them

By Mel L.

By Robert S.
Questions? Get answers from the Agoda staff and other customers.

Agoda?