Review of Agoda

privacy@agoda.com
2018 Customer choice award

es142
3/20/19

It was easy to book a hotel with Agoda, then I had to edit my hotel schedule much earlier than 72 hours. First I forgot my password that was my fault, then Agoda did not send me the reset password beyond 30 minutes , so I had to call 1-866 number. The first gentleman could not help me how to reset, so I asked for the supervisor, he hang up my phone. The other two customer service representatives were very nice, the service provider is located at Philippine that was why you will not be able to hear to well and you have to speak very loud. Finally I reset the password, suddently the Agoda web server sent me three times to reset the password. Once I got on the web, I was NOT allowed to edit/change the dates, so I made another international call, to get the dates updated.
It takes a lot of time to deal with Agoda; hours, if you want to update your hotel schedule.

cindyj131
3/20/19

Bait and switch. Showed photo of room and price. I paid. They had added $60 service fee without warning and do not allow cancellations or refunds.

marcom113
3/18/19

Requested additional info on a booking by sending 5 emails, never got a response, then used their chat option and again no help came from that.

kayokoo
3/13/19

Everyone is writting complaints and it's really true.
If you make a reservation, the beginning of trouble.
The answer from support seems like they don't want to work and don't answer us seriously.
Agoda in Japan is the worst of all. They always advertise their job including customer support. Because there are many employees who don't intend to work long. The turnover rate is high.
Agoda is a vice company that has been instructed to improve operations from Japanese National Fair Trade Committee in 2018.
Please take care.

donotb1
3/7/19

Here is the horror story, I booked a listing from Swiss Garden Residence in Malaysia but there was another name R&D Stay Services when I got the booking confirmation, guess what, it was private scammer condo owners with fake names: Rosalie & Debbie, listing under big name as Swiss Garden Residence!!! And,then once you book, Agoda, confirmation is sent to you where, the scammer/fraudulent owners require your passport details, and deposit, etc while these two owners had fake American names: Rosalie and Debbie

And, they list under R& D Services, but anyway, there were tons of issues in the apartment, not clean, drainage issue, it wasnt even a non-smoking condo, very dirty because they never washed the comforters or blankets and then I got trapped in faculty sliding door between the living room and bedroom but there was a space by the get through so I sent an email to Agoda and the Agoda rep named: Caresa just forwarded the exact email to the scammer/psychopaths property owners and these owners then came over and called the cops on me, kept my deposit and then pushed me out of the condo, when .I had different check out date, it was so horrendous, basically they were ticked off because I complained to the Agoda but Agoda rep put me in jepordary by inappropriately forwarding my email to the scamming condo owners...

it was horrible experience, these Agoda reps are incompenet, and Agoda didnt give me refund at all, instead disabled my capability of writing a review for these condo scammer owners with fake names" Rosalie & Debbie from R&D Stay Services! These scammer owners called the ops on me, kicked me out and kept my deposit and Agoda help them instead of me!

AVOID Agoda but definitely do not book R& D Stay Services

anthonya221
3/1/19

I have booked the hotel with no cancellation with Agoda recently. Full amount has been paid to Agoda Australia account. After the booking, I have received the confirmation email and proof of purchase. The booking has been successfully booked and confirmed.

A week later, I got the email from Agoda said that my booking has been cancelled due to the rate problem their provided in their website.
This is showing how unprofessional of this booking company and the reason of the booking is not acceptable.

Tip for consumers: Booking direct to the hotel is cheaper and securer than booking with this booking company.

carlosl111
2/20/19

First time I book a hotel through this website, then a realized I was double change. I call my credit card company and they are going to investigate. While I get emails from them and we go back and forward. I told them that I didn't book a room twice they insist I did. They send me two email with two different confirmation numbers but wrong last name. One of the booking is correct, in the other the last name is wrong.

normanc65
2/14/19

Agoda charged a US transaction in GBP resulting in a 5% higher USD charge than quoted. CSR tried to blame me for selecting the wrong currency (really?) and then tried to suggest that this is just the way it is. Couldn't cancel online as promised. Had to call back a second time to get the reservation cancelled. This is an offshore booking agent who arbitrarily charged my card in a foreign currency resulting in an exchange rate that inflated the cost in the native currency. If my CC had a Foreign Transaction Fee (it didn't on this one) I am sure I would have had to eat that additional cost as well. Avoid these shenanigans - avoid Agoda.

abj1
2/13/19

These people are SCAMMERS!!!!!! Stay away! I have dealt with different booking agencies. Many different times on different occasions. Never had anyone cancel my booking days before a long planned trip! Then not even give me a manager to speak to. They kept telling me that there was nothing they could do. I had money on two different credit cards and they kept saying it wasn't going through. Called my bank and they said nothing was pulled out of my account. Liars!

sarahc298
2/13/19

Undoubtedly some of the fault lies with me but I recently got charged $550 for a holiday I did not even know I had booked! I apparently booked a cruise nearly a year earlier than it departed. I never received a confirmation, never received any reminders, I never even got information about when/where to join the boat! Yet two days before I was due to go I was charged $550. Neither Agoda or the company (Maya Cruises in Halong Bay) would offer any amount of refund or vouchers to use at another time. I just feel this is all very unethical. I will no longer use Agoda or indeed any of these booking companies.

jasond296
2/8/19

I have used Agoda exclusively since 2008, but recently the service has been appalling. My last 3 bookings in a row have all had problems and the customer service and resolutions provided by Agoda are just terrible. Each time you call, the hold time exceeds 1 hour and the agents just don't grasp or understand the situation.
Their messages are 98% of the time scripted replies which means you are going around in a constant loop and not addressing the problem.
1 month later, my complaint is still not resolved.
Very frustrating company to deal with, when things go wrong.
They are cheap for a reason!!

samw230
2/6/19

I was not sure about booking on this site in the beginning but decided to give it a try. I booked hotel stay in Las Vegas and received a great deal. The prices were lower than any other site. I would definitely recommend using this site in the future.

seanc221
2/3/19

Bookings worked but once you try redeem rewards, they send a templated "fine print" which makes all booking "not elegeble".

I wont ever use this organisation again

davids2115
2/2/19

Agoda duplicated my genuine booking without sending me a notification of the duplicate and then charged me the 50% cancellation charge. Customer service department struggle to communicate in english and are absolutely hopeless. Avoid using agoda at all costs.

brittaneer
1/30/19

I thought that I was getting a great deal booking through this site... apparently when checking into the hotel the confirmation this company sends you doesn't advise the hotel that you pre-paid so when I checked out of the hotel I got billed again. So trying to be in contact with anyone from this site you can't get anyone on the phone to talk to... Trying to resolve this issue is such a pain. They tell you to go to the site and sign in etc. I did all this over and over. Emailed them over and over and all you get is an auto response that doesn't tell you anything at all.

I WILL NEVER EVER AGAIN USE THIS SITE FOR BOOKING ANY TRIPS, FLIGHTS, ETC...

I RECOMMEND EVERYONE TO STAY CLEAR OF THIS SITE

junkc11
1/29/19

refused to communicate about a cancellation. had to get my credit card fraud group involved before they would communicate. got my money back but it took a long time.

ratzj
1/25/19

Is there a telephone number to call Agoda? I provided my credit card information for reservations, however, the site opened a window to say that the room i wanted to book is not available and therefore i would have to go back to the site to rebook. However, i am afraid that my credit card will be charged for the reservation whilst no reservations was actually made. I need to call them asap so to stop payment from being processed.

vicc30
1/14/19

BOLD AND IGNORANT SERVICE WITH CHEEKY INFI AT WEB-SITE. dont wast ypu time and mood-- you will be disappoinded and they will drive you to extra cost. i've been agoda customer for a few years (and they was ok) but recently they became proper rubbish

victoriaj8
1/9/19

I booked several hotels through Agoda for my recent trip to Japan. They usually use the system whereby they charge the money. It's very intransparent, as on your creditcard statement, you see only the final amount and not what was booked. I queried one as the exchange amount seemed way wrong, and received only standard answers that as I chose "Pay Later" I had to accept the exchange rate on the date booked...however, how Agoda arrives at the exchange rate is not explained. I had other bookings at the same time which I paid directly, and the "current" exchange rate was always better, both a day before and a day after my stays where Agoda charged. So it looks like they are setting their own exchange rates in order to earn better. I won't be using them again.

larsr11
1/6/19

We were charged double, but Agoda are refusing to pay us back even though we provided them with all the documentation they have asked for. They wrongfully tried to blame my credit card company. They are liars and cheaters.

virginiai5
1/3/19

Please pay attention this company will steal your money and they are dishonest I tried to purchase a room date was incorrect would not allow me to fix and said a refund on $180 that I can get back $17 WTH.. within a span of 10 min.. I called and they were unreasonable . DO NOT RISK IT USE ANYONE ELSE

ishmaelh2
1/3/19

@agoda are NOT honest. I made a booking and within an hour realised they charged my credit card and applied no refund/cancellation despite selecting the full fee for a room with cancellation/refund/deferred payments options chosen. I want what I chose for. Agoda Booking ID 226734875

alexw200
1/2/19

Charrged me nearly double rate they adverised. Complaints handling exhausting and useless. Use another site and warn all your friends.

nikkio13
12/31/18

I made the huge mistake of booking through Agoda and will never do so again. I booked a reservation and within 15 minutes realized I booked on an island of Hawaii we would not be visiting. I tried to cancel this reservation by contacting Agoda (through email, phone) and they are SUPER hard to get ahold of and did nothing to even try and help me cancel the reservation (for months in advance) even though I called the same day to try to cancel. I then called the resort I booked with and nobody would help me. Because they already took my money, I was forced to rearrange my vacation so I wouldn't lose out on $1800. It was a nightmare and I was so unimpressed with this company. STAY AWAY FROM AGODA and book through a reputable company or just book direct with the hotel/resort!

bertl20
12/26/18

I received a new credit card and tried to update my number with them for payment. Before I could enter my info the session expired and would not let me continue. No one ever answers their phone or emails and the proceeded to cancel my reservation 3 days before we were to fly out!!!

I didn't know that? I have had the best deals from them and I find them very helpful.

By Sandra B.

I don't bother making lists just search for where I am going and select the best deal for at least 1 mth before its needed and keep track of prices

By steve B.

You maybtry the resort website http://thecliffresort.com.vn and check the payment method. I got a better rate thru agoda, so did not contact the resort directly. The photos in agoda and resort web truly reflect the rooms and facility. http://thecliffresort.com.vn

By Diep P.

janice depends on the hotel most want to use the credit card given for security due to fraud so check with the hotel first befor your husband becomes distraught

By Mel L.

It was my understanding that you receive points according to the amount of money you spend on reservations, not on writing reviews.

By Bonnie S.

Hi Marlon, you have to register to Agoda affiliation program, you will see all the history about your Agoda purchase and points. I use Agda very often, and I have already enjoyed a couple of weekends for free redeeming my points. of course when booking cheap hotels you get a few points only, so it will take time till you can get full benefits from it. It's a great way to keep customers with them, they are very smart.

By Alessandro P.

I am not aware of any reward for posting a review !

By Tee-Hong T.

I usually use my mobile phone to show the voucher, bbut most times hotels are not even bothered to see it as they have your name on file.

By Bob H.

ask your bank for a copy of the statement if you dont have one but a valid id would be handy if the hotel/motel do not allow then give them the flick and sue them

By Mel L.

try getting a booking ID number out of them! the phonetree wont allow call unless you enter it, nor will their email go tru without it!

By greg c.
Questions? Get answers from the Agoda staff and other customers.

Agoda?