Review of SmartFares

thomasd504
12/9/19
pablom17
Pablo M.
"Website "eats up" characters, call center didn't solve"
3/25/15
In our language, we have characters with á (a-acute) and other "special characters" not present in the English alphabet. When I typed our names into the website, it did not give me any warning, and just "ate up" the characters. So our tickets actually have the wrong names on them (missing one letter each). When I noticed, I called them...
read more i ran inot the same problem
lirab2
12/4/19
Lousy service a scam they sell you the tickets at a price and the next day they call you to try to charge more expensive for the same ticket that was already paid for me and it is the last option, pity service.
mc784
12/3/19
This company does not give full refunds for reservation cancellations. They charge taxes on flights per person for tickets that weren't ever issued! Do not purchase from them!
julianam35
11/27/19
I bought a ticket to the US worthing about 900$ with smartfares, then for personal reasons I need to reschedule to come back a week later, I called them yesterday and they wanted to charge me 800 dollars to change the day back, and if I BUY a ticket back through any other site, it is half price. It's ridiculous. Not to mention the half-hearted service they gave on the phone with a guy speaking English with a horrible accent to understand. I think if you're going to hire someone to take care of you over the phone, you have to make sure the person's diction is good enough for anyone to understand. I WON'T BUY WITH THEM EVER AGAIN!!
It is easy to sell and when a problem arises just do nothing!!!
keishab24
11/18/19
Do not book thru this site they are the worst they cancelled my booking and offered me a fare that was $100 dollars more......the prices you see arent what your going to pay!
js994
11/13/19
I "booked" 3 round trip flights online, got an email confirmation, then 6 hrs later got a call saying the airline hadn't "accepted" my booking. The guy said that too many people at the same time had been trying to book their great low fare so it "didn't work." WTF? I've been using travel websites for over 20 years and nothing like this has ever happened before. He gave me a choice of taking different flights at ridiculously early departure times, fly on different dates (not possible), or book the same flights but pay much more because the price had gone up. I demanded a refund, which they said they'd get to me in 2 business days. Never received it. Had to get my credit card company to reverse the charge. DO NOT USE SmartFares
stephenl322
11/13/19
SCAM - Stay far away from SMARTFARES. They advertise highly discounted fares and once you have booked they say the flight prices have changed and charge you much higher pricing than what you already paid.
Only after I made the booking and paid did I search the internet to find many other people telling the same scam story.
This is a SCAM and false advertising. I believe some people have lost all their money STAY AWAY!!!!
monicaw111
11/12/19
It deserves NO STAR, offer good price for my international flight, 2 days later still no email for my confirmation. I call customer service, he told me the price went up 30% and ask me how much I want to pay. The reason I don't negotiate because I need my tickets to be confirm right away. I agree to pay that price but with 2 aisle seats. Guess what, when I confirm my ticket, he said there's no aisle seat available and that's nothing they can do about it. He tell me to call the airlines. I ask for the Hainan Airlines phone number, he told me to google it. Don't trust Smartfare, made so...many phone calls between Smartfare and the airline. Then suggest me should call 2 days before my traveling days to confirm. So I paid $1050 instead of $733.88. Very bad customer service and they are rule!
nickc243
11/6/19
After going through booking, got a call saying the airline had raised the price by over 30% and I would need to pay that much to get the ticket. Refused, and immediately booked through the airline which had not changed their price.

Complete scammers
alvins55
10/26/19
I booked a flight then a few hours later I decided to cancel it. Their site says you can call and cancel risk free if it's within 24 hours of booking the flight. So I called and first they were only going to give me 80 of 180 dollars back then I kept arguing and they bumped it up to 120. They said it was because of delta. So I got off and called delta and they have the same 24 hour cancellation policy. They said I should have received the full refund. I sent them all the information and am waiting to hear back from them. I will never use them again and I am warning others about how bad they are.
unityc4
10/25/19
All of these reviews had me thinking my ticket was fake and that when i landed to LAX i would have to buy new tickets to Indonesia. My tickets were 100% fine and legit.
mt282
10/24/19
They took out money from my card without giving me the ticket. They said if I want to take the ticket I have to give 60$ extra. If I cancel I have to pay 50$.
jorgeb79
10/13/19
CUIDADO !!! En su página aseguran poder cancelar en las primeras 24 horas ,, Lo que no especifican es que te cobran una PENALIDAD ,, así tu vuelo sea para el próximo año y quieras cancelar al minuto de haber hecho la reservación , en mi caso por un Ticket de $344.00USD me cobraron una penalidad de $200.00USD ,, una verdadera ESTAFA !!
nejram1
10/13/19
First they charged my brother's credit card without our consent. (It was after we recieved official email stating that we wont be charged and ticket did not go through.)

After some time we noticed that our credit card was charged. It was a shock.

They promised to refund and we trusted them, and they lied, they kept the money for the ticket which we did not want to buy and did not need.

Stay away from this fraudelent website.
joakims5
10/7/19
I was going to book a flight from Helsinki-Stockholm with Finnair via SmartFares but luckily checked the price first on Finnairs own homepage. The price was more than a 100 more expensive via Smartfares than Finnair. So if you read this - save your money and avoid a headache by NOT using Smartfares! =)
noure7
10/2/19
Canceled all three of my tickets claiming they couldn't give it to me for the price I had originally booked it for. Wanted me to pay $1000 instead of the $615 I had originally booked the tickets for.
brandonn59
9/18/19
The website says you can cancel a flight within 24 hours of booking. I called to cancel my flight 1 hour after booking it. They said that I couldn't cancel it if I booked on the phone. I asked the person I was on the phone with if I could cancel within 24 hours, just to confirm, and he said yes. I very much doubt I will find a way to be refunded.
Unfortunate situation.
emilym434
9/10/19
I booked a flight from Shanghai to Tokyo under the impression that the ticket would be $230, and without receiving any kind of email confirmation like they promised when I booked the ticket, the my card was charged $350, when I called they said the changed price reflected the airline, and that there were only 6 seats left (??). I asked for the reservation to be cancelled but so far I am still down $350 and have received no email confirmation. What a joke.
nadashh
9/9/19
If I had read the reviews before ordering my ticket through this site I wouldn't have ordered. But I'm glad I did I had no trouble whatsoever connecting from Maryland to Montego Bay i purchased my ticket at a cheaper price than what the airline had advertised and I had No issue.
ellenr97
9/5/19
Smartfare is a total scam . I booked from LA to mexico City for Sept 19 flight then back Sept 30, two return ticket and up to now i have nit gotten any confirmation. I called the number and they were so unprofessional. I went to their site again, and so many misspelled words. I will go to my credit card company tomorrow and will try to get my refund. We worked so hard for our money only to be duped by this company. So we have protection against these thieves?
gerryl30
9/3/19
I booked and paid for a flight one week before travel only to find out that when the person got to the airline desk she is told sorry your name is not on the list, Embarrassing to say the least. Now you have to secure taxi and hotel and pay a higher cost fare. NOT FAIR , NOT RESPECTFUL. NOT CARING
olenaf
8/10/19
Пожалуйста будьте очень осторожны и ни в коем случае не давайте им свои данные!!!
Зайдя через сайт kiwi.com (06.08.2019) я получила список компаний через которые я могу приобрести билет. Я выбрала компанию smartfares.com поскольку у них была очень выгодная цена. На сайте я заполнила форму на приобретение билетов и форму оплаты с номером карты и всеми данными по карте.
На мою почту пришло письмо с фейковыми билетами и ссылкой на сайт компании Smart Fares с номером брони и предупреждением о том, что в течении 24 часов я должна проверить все свои данные на наличие ошибок и в случае их обнаружения я смогу их исправить в течение 24 часов бесплатно. Проверив на сайте Smart Fares билеты которые они мне предоставили все было верно и без ошибок.
Когда с моей карты сняли средства (07.08 2019 в 20:36) я сразу написала в службу поддержки компании Smart Fares с просьбой выслать мне ссылку на электронный билет авиа компании Qatar airways билеты которых я должна была приобрести на проверку всех даных.
По моей просьбе компания Smart Fares прислала ссылку на свой сайт (07.08 2019 в 23:01) но не на сайт Qatar airways.

Утром 07.08 2019 примерно в 9.30-10.00 я связалась с представителем компании Qatar airways, которые сообщили мне что бронь билета на мое имя есть но в моих данных допущены ошибки я должна связаться с компанией Smart Fares чтобы они исправили ошибку поскольку только они имеют доступ к правкам.

Напоминаю что ссылки на бронирование билета на сайте Qatar airways мне не присылали и данных ошибок я не могла видеть и об ошибках я бы даже не знала если бы самостоятельно не позвонила в авиакомпанию.

Когда я опять же самостоятельно за свои деньги позвонила представителям компании Smart Fares с просьбой исправить ошибку и прислать мне код бронирования на официальный сайт авиакомпании Qatar airways
представители компании Smart Fares начали манипулировать и запугивать меня что мой билет пропал и все мои деньги тоже.

07.08 2019 в 12:10 Мне пришло письмо с электронными билетами на сайт Qatar airways где мои данные были указаны с ошибками.
Напоминаю на сайте компании Smart Fares данные, доступ к которым я имела, были указаны верно!

Все мои официальные письма в компанию Smart Fares игнорировались
Компания Smart Fares вела со мной чат переписку и телефонные разговоры в которых требовала деньги за исправление их же ошибок манипулируя тем, что я увидела ошибку после того как прошло 24 часа с момента бронирования.

Напомню что письмо со ссылкой на сайт Qatar airways где была допущена ошибка я получила этот же день в 12:10

Сначала представитель компании Smart Fares назвал сумму в 80 USD за каждое лицо за исправление ошибки.
Затем сумма постепенно возрастала до 439 USD.

Я потратила целый рабочий день на выяснение этой ситуации мной все время манипулировали запугивать и угрожали
Мой день превратился в кошмар.

08.08 2019 в 20:18 Мне пришло письмо (No-Reply)
что с меня зпишуть деньги в размере 439 USD и мы якобы согласовали такую сумму ранее.
После чего я поняла что я здесь бессильна что я имею дело с мошенникками и прекратила всякие разговоры с компанией Smart Fares.

08.08 2019 в 20.36 с моєй карти Universal Bank было сделано попытки снять средства на сумму 349 USD
в операции было отказано поскольку на карте был установлен лимит оплаты в интернете в 50 USD

09.08 2019 в 00:04 с моей карты было снято 50 USD
На тот момент я разговаривала с представителем Universal Bank после чего моя карта была заблокирована в целях безопасности.

Напоминаю данная операция проводилась не мной а скорее всего представителями компании Smart Fares, которые завладели моим данным мошенническим методом воспользовавшись моим доверием.

Весь следующий день я провела в полиции а также писал жалобы на различные ресурсы в том числе в Universal Bank и Qatar airways

Мне нанесен финансовый и моральный вред.

Сейчас я понимаю, что это или мошенничество или служебная халатность и то и другое являеться уголовным нарушением.
Конечно я не оставлю это дело просто так я буду пробовать вернуть средства и наказать виновных за причиненный мне вред.

Я очень надеюсь на помощь и поддержку представителей Universal Bank и Qatar airways а также представителей правоохранительных органов так как сама я бессильна в данной ситуации.

#qatarairways #kiwi.com #universalbank #visa.com
zuhalm1
8/9/19
They sent me my travel document that confirmed already before 2 days ago from my flight date. Then one day left to my flight they sent me a cancel information mail. They said that there is an issue and canceled so they offered an other ticket that I need to pay more. And then their customer service was very bad, and rude. Don't use them never!!!
jumaik
8/9/19
I called them before I booked a ticket that has a stop over in Canada. I was told I would not need a transit visa in Canada to the US since I was not exiting Toronto airport in Canada. Big Lie! They told me that because they wanted to make money. Departure airport would not let me board the plane without the transit visa. Had to purchase a new ticket entirely. As I type this, Smart fare is yet to refund me. Never ever again!
aimeeh40
8/7/19
Hice una reserva por un precio y resulta que era más!! No me lo notificaron nunca y al llamar y ver q eran 100 dolares mas les dije que no lo quería y cobraron 50 dolares por una reserva que nunca hicieron

Smartfares! They will offer a deeply discounted airfare and send you a confirmation number to your email. The next day you will receive an email to call them immediately because they were unable to confirm your flight. When you call them back, they will try to sell you another flight at a much higher price. SCAM SCAM AVOID !!!!

By Svetlana S.

I could no agree more. They are also very rude.did not received my confirmation until a day before departure and I had to call them to get it. When I asked how to check in as they booked me with 2 different airlines they responded can you read?

By Laura L.

Partial refund- kept taxes' on reservation cancellation, claiming the airline had already issued tickets which was false!

By M C.

1- Bait and switch: false initial fare then they hike it either before or after you pay. 2- False claim that you get free cancellation within 24 hours. Agents insist on charging $350/passenger because "that's what the airlines charge, not us" 3- Rude customer service out of India even before any of these issues came up.

By Miaa A.

Questions? Get answers from the SmartFares staff and other customers.

8 Photos for SmartFares