Review of Travelopod

Tel: 1-855-340-6333
Hello@Travelopod.com

elenaf25
3/5/19

I booked our first flights through Travelopod in May 2018 and the flight was slightly cheaper than prices on online websites. Patric Griffin is who got our tickets. Now i decided to save myself the time looking online for my current trip and reached out to Patric again, trusting him like a fool. First he offered me the flight, which i ended up booking, for $371. When i rejected that offer he lowered it to $346, when i rejected that too he offered it for $316.. Cleveland to Miami return flight. While that is not the worst possible price, right after he booked my flight i found the exact same flight on Cheapoair for $290, applied another 10$ coupon to it, which brought the price down to $280. I was disappointed and after i took screen shots of the deal i found and emailed them to Patric, i also called him to express my opinion on this. He seemed like he didn't care.$36 is not a big deal, so I just let it go. But i still feel dumb. I am never calling Travelopod again, which is kind of sad cause i felt like i might have found my "always go to" place for flights. We travel a lot within US and intern., so it would have been nice to have a trustworthy person to always be able to work with.

stacyh115
2/13/19

Pop-ups on your computer and get your info and contact you to offer to help with flights. Mislead us to be able to cancel within 24 hours if flight was not booked and would not charge credit card. Place the charge immediately after the phone call was complete. I called back within 24hours and they wanted to charge a $150.00 x 2 tickets for cancelling I am disputing. This is what happens in free enterprise in America and start up, fly by night businesses, buyer beware, in this technology age research your own flight info. The government need to do a better job of monitoring businesses such as these being run by those that have immigrated to this country with money to start businesses such as these.

deepakm22
1/28/19

1st they charge you more then what others charge you for same tickets. I was charged $103 extra on each ticket from NYC to Delhi and I have to reschedule my tickets, as I have an emergency back home. These people take full advantage of my emergency and charged (basically double charged me and said it was their "AGENT FEE") $256 extra on top of what Airline charged me. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM.

anilk71
1/17/19

Unfortunately I came across this travel agent. I don't think I forget this bad service in near future. No reasonable price. They charged me $50 more than the price available on airline site. From Chicago to hyderabad 2 way travel. $1760.
I requested date change, they are charging $250 + $150 fare difference. But the fare difference is $20. I requested them to reduce the price, but no proper response.
Now after knowing their way of service, i am hesitating to accept the fare difference $150 and I may lose the ticket and price and I may have to purchase new ticket.
I don't have option and complaining here. Hope they look into this and do the needful

aektas
1/11/19

Please be aware before you give business to this company. I called them to book a ticket for Indian. Within a half an hour I found the same flight on the same date, same timing and same airline from other travel company which was 200 dollars less. I called this company within half n hour to ask why its big difference. They had no articulate answer to my questions. In addition, they charge me 100 fees. Every company has a minimum 24 hours full refund policy. I called them within an hour of booking and that moment I had no booking confirmation. Very unprofessional behavior. Please, everyone, be aware of this company and their so-called policy.

chandnic
1/10/19

Very rude guys. Really don't have any decency to talk to the customer. If you make a aecond call to them, they feel they have the edge. Just not a good experience.

harrye40
12/7/18

For starters, I am on my fourth passport and have traveled extensively, yet this was by far the worst travel/booking experience I have ever had. In summary, we had to purchase another ticket for my wife to fly overseas because the Travelpod agent who booked our travel asked for travelers names which was different than my wife's name in her passport. Once at the airport, it was either pay for another ticket ($976) or delay my wife's international travel for 1 week or more while my toddler son and I flew to India without her; that was Travelpod's idea, not mine! But even after we paid for the extra ticket the fun did not stop there and was far from over. Then once in New Delhi, India, we waited several weeks then were told by Travelpod to visit the Turkish Airlines office (this is downtown New Delhi, not at the airport) to fix my wife's return ticket at their office. We tried doing that but once we reached the airport the travel ticket itinerary was still not resolved which demanded more time yet at the ticket counter at New Delhi before they would allow my wife to leave/travel.

This whole problem started during the initial ticket purchase process and booking, I was asked by Travelpod booking agent for our names, not those in our passports or I would have provided my wife's maiden name. Travelpod's confirmation e-mail explicitly asks for travelers names, it should ask for travelers names as listed on passport or travel identification. I was never once asked for any of our names in our passportstold Travelpod same and suggested they review those recordings of our conversations. They either do not have recordings or never reviewed them. Reminded them, their team are the travel experts not us as travelers. We get on airplanes and travel, their team needs to ensure these bookings are accurate. The Turkish Airlines folks who assisted us at their New Delhi office said as a travel agency Travelpod (or any travel agency for that matter) are supposed to review our passports, which obviously did not occur. The only hope we had was for our first/departing airline to review my wife's green card and connect the fact she had name change through marriage, an option which failed to no avail. Every other ticket agency I have ever used (and there have been many since I have held numerous subsequent passport) have always required passport info, date of expiration, and issuing country. Turkish Airlines not only agreed with this statement, they said Travelpod must be taking short-cuts and are not following protocol. Travelpod, however, simply skips all those steps and while it saves their team time and money, look what happened to us here! I already know for sure this name mistake their booking agents make (actual travelers name vs passport name) has happened before and it will certainly happen again so their company needs to start following protocol and make changes to confirm international travelers book their tickets accurately.

After returning home from our travels and reviewing some of their less satisfied customer ratings, I now feel even more foolish having booked our tickets with their team in the first place. I gave them numerous opportunities to reimburse me for this extra $976 ticket but in the end they tried offering me a $100 credit on a future ticket purchase which I refused before positing this review.

In closing, this is an honest and regrettably unfavorable review to include all the hassles and headaches we went through from being delayed at first US airport, to traveling with our 2-year old toddler, to buying an extra $976 ticket, to waiting almost 2 weeks once in New Delhi to hear back from their team re return trip action plan, to having to travel to Turkish Airlines office once in New Delhi, Turkish Airlines ominous feedback on Travelpod's failure to follow protocol, to arriving at New Delhi airport to learn name change problem was still not fixed, etc. Choose a more reputable travel agency to purchase your tickets so you don't end up like us.

hanai3
11/26/18

Tha worst service ever in my life I call to cancel for my ticket and day not refund my money back before 24 hours day stolen my money

rahuln10
11/2/18

Excellent service I am highly satisfied with my booking Agent helped me to get the airline tickets that I was looking for, she solved all my concerns she was very professional and very polite.I highly recommend Travelopod to book tickets to all my family and friends.

shantat
10/31/18

Where do I start? I decided to use this company to book my flight because I wanted to see if using a travel agent would be better. Thought I had gotten a good deal but was told to call the airline to add my pet to itinerary. While on hold the airline informed me that I get 2 checked bags free whenever flying with them. This puzzled me since when I was booking the flight the travel agent at Travelopod who assisted me told me there was a $30 fee for this specific airline to add a 2nd bag. So I then when online to check the price for the flight. The flight was $69 taxes and everything included except the pet fee and I paid $169 for everything except the pet fee. So the basically pocketed an extra $100 which is 145% more than the flight. I then called to ask for a refund and I got the worst customer service experience ever. She wouldn't let me speak kept talking over me, telling me I should have read the no return policy etc. I started to get irritated so I caught an attitude back and told her if I'm not getting an attitude over my money why is she. Then I ask for the manager but she didn't put that request through. I ask for her name she said it was Grace but I don't believe her, she kept mumbling it and doing stuff to the phone so I wouldn't hear her. She is a disgusting human and needs to fix her attitude. I would never recommend this site to anyone just because of her attitude. I just wanted answers and all I got was her attitude

navyab1
10/24/18

Just terrible experience. Not once but twice. Our flights got cancelled in India and the other options they gave us had a long layover, we were travelling with an infant and a toddler, so we requested the refund, the original airlines we spoke to did say that we are eligible for full refund while these travelopod guys want to charge a 1000$ cancellation fee which is ridiculous. Everyday we were kept on hold, got disconnected, have to wait another 24 hrs to get our hard earned money back. This is not the case when booking the tickets, they will call you until you purchase a ticket and talk to you as if it's the end of the world. We learnt a lesson and NEVER EVER going to these guys again. If i were you, i would NOT BOOK my tickets with these guys. If you are looking for TROUBLE book with TRAVELOPOD.

vikast4
9/6/18

Was able to get comfortable itinerary with great fare, agent was very helpful and experienced as it was little tricky itinerary which I was planning with my family with a stopover in Amsterdam in December. They helped me to fulfil my requirements, will definitely recommends other too. Thanks Travelopod.

honeyg11
8/29/18

My father in law was stuck at airport due to some name issue in trvl tickets....got amazing service from travelopod, when airline asked me for name change fee...good work guy's..keep it up

rahuln7
8/28/18

Always have the best reasonable prices . The customer service representative was awesome and very helpful. I always reach out to Travelopod when I need assistance all the time.

rachitk
8/26/18

They have the lowest fares in market. Recently booked a ticket and got fare which was almost usd 200 less than market.

monicas179
8/25/18

I used Travelopod for the first time and was really satisfied. I worked with Ashley, she was very professional and responsive. Answered all my questions patiently and found me a ticket so fast at the great price. Definitely use them again Thank You!

armaans1
8/18/18

I have faced problem due to last minute change by airlines. I would like to appreciate travelopods efforts to resolve the concern

kalyank4
6/23/18

I made a reservation with them and completed all the formalities. They asked to complete payment ASAP for booking to get confirmed, which I did. But still even after multiple follow ups, havent got my ticket.

katelynm27
6/22/18

SCAMMERS! THEY WILL LIE AND STEAL YOUR MONEY! Don't ever book with them EVER! I would rate them a 0 if I could. They jerk you sound and don't give a crap about you. Beyond annoyed and frustrated.

neddad
6/8/18

Published 3 seconds ago
WARNING!!! DO NOT USE TRAVELOPOD

WARNING: STAY CLEAR AWAY!! DO NOT BOOK THROUGH TRAVELOPOD they will overcharge you, best to go directly to the airlines, honest you will end up paying much more thru travelopod... my son got very ill and needed to be hospitalized, we had to cancel our trip, they would not rebook or release our tickets without gashing us for an outrageous penalty, making up any amount as they go.... my experience is this travelopod has no mercy, once they have you and got your money they are careless and if you are severely ill and need to make changes due to hospitalization they dont care... you end up paying paying paying outrageous penalty charges they make up when they know they could help but they are greedy, all their staff is incentivised by how much they can get extra out of you.... stay away, especially if you are elderly, take my honest advise, bedt that you go thru the airline directly... what a trap, what a mistake to have gotten taken in , this was the most awful experience and i genuinely doubt that all the 5 star reviews seen are legit... take my warning and stay away from this company, they will only siphon money out of you right and left and leave you helpless... what a mistake to have gotten trapped by them

pani
5/31/18

Well on the initial purchase things seemed really positive. Then....and I repeat DO NOT PURCHASE THEIR INSURANCE OFFER!!! It is not as stated, REDEEMABLE FOR ANY REASON. Despite promises of 500$ refund for any plan change we may incur which happened twice ( in close enough succession that we werent able to see that this is a SCAM) No refund was sent and they put you on a frustrating circle jerk!! DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY OR ANY OF THEIR B.S. insurance companies. They are all smiles first go around then do nothing as they promised. What a shame. What a SHAM!!

nipikas
5/22/18

Wonderful experience...while purchasing flight ticket to India...Dealt with associate Sharon... She was an expert.. provided best deal with Hassel free itinerary for my parents...
Cheers to people like her....

okayb
5/22/18

Dealt with Adam and got amazing services while changing my travel dates. He endured everything is on place. Tyx adam

kavithan
4/18/18

I booked my tickets with Travelopod yesterday evening, and they had charged me $500 more than the actual airline price . No accountability! I understand ticket prices are dynamic, but in my case the tickets prices are $500 cheaper than their offered price, They had provided me inaccurate information and wrong fares,as per airline policy tickets can be cancelled with in 24 hrs but when i called the customer service to do this they are not letting me to cancel my tickets. Very poor service. Buy the ticket from the airlines itself .

svetlanam8
4/15/18

I would give a 0 Star if I had the option. Travelopod is completely untrustworthy. I had booked tickets for my two year old kid and myself through the website. The name on the ticket only took my first surname completely truncating the other two. Instead of taking responsibility for this issue I was put through stress for a whole 5 days where I had to keep reaching out for the status of the change. They also made me pay for the name change when it was a technical issue at their end. Lesson learnt..,I will never book on travelopod again.

Dear Mack, Greetings from Travelopod! With regards to your above query, we'd love to assist you and resolve your concern. In case, you have any concern regarding the booking you have made with Travelopod, we'd request you to share your reservation/reference number by emailing at care@travelopod.com. Please be assured that once details are received, a senior customer service representative will investigate the matter and do the due diligence to resolve the problem. Thank you! Kindest Regards, Team Travelopod

By Team T., Travelopod Representative

Never buy tickets from them, they charge me more while booking the tickets and a way more ($250/ticket after airline's penalties & fare difference) when I have to reschedule my tickets.

By Deepak M.

They are cheaters, never do business with them. They will charge you more then what Expedia or Kayak charges you for same tickets.

By Deepak M.

Good luck and hopefully nothing goes wrong. For instance if the airlines change flight time or connection flight issues.. Travelopod will not give your money or help you... They are more than happy when there is a change in flights (as they are inconveniences for traveller).. plus travelopod does not notify you WHEN YOU ARE BOOKING THE TICKET ABOUT VISA REQUIREMENTS (FOR STOPOVER OR LAYOVERS BE CAREFUL)

By Mack M.

Questions? Get answers from the Travelopod staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Travelopod