Review of Otel.com

New York, NY 10018, NL
Tel: +1-212-315-1491

colinr59
2/8/19

Otel.com is a scam when you book a hotel room they take your money and you cant even talk to the hotel about your room. Impossible getting them to refund your money once you cancel

ercumento
1/12/19

I have made 2 reservations on 7 and 31 December from OTEL.COM When I called these hotels, they told me that my reservations were not visible on their system. I called OTEL.COM back quickly; however they stalled me for days. They finally canceled my reservations without any reason. They have still not paid my money back. Also I missed the chance of early booking. The price of related hotels rised and my loss was more than $ 500. I'm gonna have to go to court for all of these. I am warning you: don't book on this OTEL.COM. Reservation ID: 3317396 and 182E6D1.

Tip for consumers: Never book here; they can cancel your booking any time any reason.

vail
1/2/19

I booked the Coco Key hotel in Florida at Dec. 27 2018, but when I check in and they said the booking was cancelled by Otel.com, I stay outside without hotel room with my family for few hours and didn't got fixed, they didn't help us book another hotel and didn't refund to me yet, I must book another hotel and paid the full price by myself. I waste another $200 to called Otel.com customer service because they just put me on hold, They are in Turkey, it charged international call, very bad service. I will report it as most as I can, and ask my lawyer anything we can do?
Don't use this company! All lier!!

tasc2
7/20/18

I booked Shangri La hotel Abu Dhabi from this website which is a 5* hotel, once I got in touch with the hotel they informed me that there was no booking for this hotel, rather a booking had been made for 4* hotel Traders Abu Dhabi instead. Have been trying to get this fixed by Otel staff for a while now but no luck. COMPLETE SCAM DO NOT BOOK.

martham163
6/4/18

DO NOT BOOK THROUGH OTEL.COM, METGLOBAL.COM OR HOTELS PRO!! Absolutely be warned! I paid upfront a month in advance for my reservation and when I arrived at the hotel, they didn't have my reservation. I then had to pay the full amount again with the hotel, because the offer I paid for with "Otel.com" was never agreed on. After several promises that it would be resolved, the hotel informed me that Otel.com would take care of the costs...but then the OTEL.COM "company credit card in Istanbul" declined twice. I now have two charges and had to put in a dispute claim with my credit card company! DO NOT BUY OR BOOK ANY TICKET FROM OTEL.COM / METGLOBAL.COM / HOTELS PRO !!!

robs148
1/12/18

I also had the worst and most unbelievable appalling service with otel.com!!

Never use them!! Fraud, fraud, fraud!! This company is very bad!!! Im contacting my lawyers!!

All of our flights were canceled due to a strike in Buenos Aires - we planned to stay at a hotel booked here. After the 2 day strike, we planned to go to the hotel but we couldnt get flights for another 2 days due to the backlog. We called there customer service several times of this hotel and they were really unhelpful and awful. We explained about this situation due to unforeseen circumstances but they were uninterested. We lost like $800USD!!

This company is extremely poor with customer service and is not interested in helping anyone. Please avoid 100% this company!!! Never use them!!

biancap12
12/12/17

I paid for a hotel room and the hotel is telling me I have no reservation. I was charged the amount of $272.34 and I can't get any information from the hotel or the booking website. They say it was nonrefundable and yet I don't have a reservation. How can I pay for a room reservation that doesn't exist? I am concerned based on others reviews that this whole set-up is a scam to take peoples money and then never go through the hotel to book the room. I want to book another room but I can't until I have this amount refunded back to me as it was close to $300 that I would be out if this is as illegitimate as it seems.

I have sent the seller multiple online messages and called but have gotten no answers. They cancelled my booking and said they fixed it in their system, but Team America has no record of it being reinstated and the hotel has no booking for me. I did not pay for a service that I am not receiving and I am not getting any word back from the company. This whole set-up is a scam that lures people to book rooms and then doesn't provide them with the service (room) they paid for.

meld32
11/13/17

On 12 November, I booked a room through Trivago for 4 nights at the Grandhotel Hessischer Hof. Shortly thereafter, I received a bizarre-looking confirmation email from a company named Otel.com stating that I "might not be able to get a confirmation from the hotel if you try to get in contact with them."

This seemed very suspicious to me, so I called the hotel to see if there were even any rooms available for the selected dates. None - they were fully booked. I then attempted to call Otel.com on +90 850 502 77 69 to cancel - the number did not work and several times gave an automated message saying "This number is not in service." More red flags!

Finally, I able to get through using their live chat and was connected to 'Tolga', who rudely assured me that rooms were available, despite the hotel confirming that there were not. This was not good enough for me, so I requested a free cancellation and full refund. This was confirmed by another representative, Okan Akkus in an email on 12 November, stating "By visiting the 'my Account' page at otel.com you can confirm the cancelled status of the booking. [...] Please allow time for the refund to reflect on your statement."

On 16 November, I checked the My Account tab - the booking still showed active and not cancelled. Erge Koyuncu responded via a ticket that "there might have been an update problem in [my] account" and to please wait 7-14 business days for the refund to appear in my credit card statement.

17 business days later on 7 November, I contacted Otel.com via their ticketing system to inform them that the refund had not come through. No response. I then tried the chat line and was informed by 'Ahmed' that Erge Koyuncu was handling this and was not currently in the office. I asked him to ensure that she would respond when she came online tomorrow; he assured me that she would.

No response overnight and no word, so I contacted them again the following day on 8 November. Again, no response.

I called several more times and (this time!) managed to get through - I was told that they were following this up 'internally' (no proof of that, of course) and that they appreciated my patience.

Finally, on 13 November, I received an email from Yuliya Inan claiming that there had been issues "between the banks sides" and this had caused the refund not to go through. She claimed the refund had been applied again that day and I should wait a further 10 to 15 business days for this to be reflected on my statement.

Following this email, I contacted Otel.com on 14 November and advised that this was not good enough. I requested a copy of the remittance advice for both "refunds" as well as the contact details for a manager to escalate the issue. Both requests were rudely refused.

I will now be opening up a fraud investigation with our credit card company, as well as posting this review to as many sites as possible.

Tip for consumers: Avoid them completely - even if they agree to a refund or you have a flexible cancellation policy, the customer service is so difficult to contact and poor in their response times that you'll probably give up long before you get any money. And let's face it, that's probably their intent.

richarda153
10/19/17

They stole over $830 from my visa, no way to cancel a reservation, no USA telephone number, website that wont allow a cancellation. BEWARE!!

richt19
9/5/17

STAY AWAY!!! What a rip-off company!
Was searching their site with the filter to allow pets...booked a property and called the hotel direct to reconfirm pets allowed and told NO.
Immediately (5 minutes) tried their customer service number which did not operate so used their live chat feature and explained the error and asked for a refund. Was told NO.

By the way, the confirmation form says under Cancellation Policies in BOLD: Free Cancellation - 2 Days Remaining. In fine print below it says "this product is non-refundable at this time"

I now have lost my $368 needed for a room to escape the hurricane approaching. This company should be ashamed of their practices!!

chriss766
9/1/17

I booked a hotel in Newport Beach, CA through otel.com. I booked it, but it did not have a page to confirm the information before it was paid. The dates had been switched and I then saw that the confirmation dates were incorrect. I immediately cancelled the reservation. Not only is the cost not refundable, but since I cancelled it they say I don't have a room. I paid $165, but now have no room, no refund. I called the hotel, and there WASN'T A BOOKING IN MY NAME MADE! OTEL.COM IS TAKING YOUR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION, TAKING YOUR MONEY, AND HAS A WEBSITE THAT PURPOSELY CHANGES THE DATES SO THAT THEY DON'T HAVE TO ACTUALLY BOOK YOU A HOTEL, AND THEY GET OUT OF REFUNDING YOU... The company is in Turkey, and does not have a 1-800 number. You have to just call Turkey, which is ridiculous. I have now being trying to fix this for 3 hours... #otel.com #scam #otel.comscam #otel.comfraud #fraud #otel.comcreditcardfraud

marcusm62
8/28/17

Like the other reviews, I paid for a hotel room because of price and discover that they take your money and DO NOT MAKE RESERVATION WITH HOTEL
The reservation number they issue you with has nothing to do with the hotel. If you contact the hotel you will find that there is NO RESERVATION. When you contact them they say they have asked the hotel for one and are waiting. You can wait indefinitely. By then you miss your cancellation period and guess what? Your money is donated to their Turkish coffers

annabela3
7/18/17

AVOID!

** SINCE EMAILING OTEL.COM REGARDING THE 5 STAR RATING THEY CLEARLY SHOW ON THEIR WEBSITE THEY HAVE NOW CHANGED THE HOTEL TO A 4 STAR**
SEE SCREENSHOTS OF WHEN I BOOKED WITH OTEL.COM CLEARLY SHOWING 5 STAR TO TODAY NOW SHOWING A 4 STAR!! SCAMMERS!!

We booked our hotel in Mexico back in March. Otel.com clearly state on their website that the hotel is a 5star hotel.
When we arrived at the hotel we could tell straight away the quality and cleanliness of the hotel was not a 5 star!
The room was filthy, the food was terrible ( we had to send our food back) and there were a list of other issues that we encountered in our cut short stay.
There was no manager, we could only complain to our ''butler'' who told us he could not help us with our complaints.
He did confirm that hotel is NOT a 5 star and in fact a 4 Diamond that we had never heard of being form the UK.

We had to check out less than 24hours after arriving due to the many issues we had. We were meant to be staying 4 nights.
The manager arrived as we were leaving and told us it was up to otel.com to refund us and deal with our complaint. He could only apologies for otel.com deceiving us with their 5 star rating on their page and advised us they have never been a 5 star hotel.

I emailed them immediately. I had to wait 2 weeks to get a response even though I spoke with many of their employees on chat every other day who would constantly tell me someone is working on my case and i will receive a response later that day! This never happened. When i did receive a response it was from someone with broken english who simply told us they have rejected our requests.
I have never dealt with a company who lies on their website they did not acknowledge or take ANY responsibility for anything that I wrote in the countless emails to them.

AVOID this company they have zero customer service. If you have an issue it will not be dealt with!

kylek42
4/21/17

I booked a room at the Chelsea Hotel in Toronto using Trivago. I thought I was booking through hotels.com, which is fairly well established, but it wasnt until I got my confirmation that I realized Id booked through otel.com.

Having never heard of otel.com, I did a search of reviews and felt a pit in my stomach when I read all the horrible experiences people had with this company.

Luckily for us, our reservation promptly went through to the Chelsea Hotel without issue, and the room was about half the price of what the hotel charges on its website. Furthermore, our itinerary changed, and we had to cancel our reservation. Again, the refund was prompt and painlessno questions asked.

I wouldnt hesitate to use otel.com in the future. Whatever issues the company was having appear to be resolved, and our experience was highly favourable.

breonab
3/25/17

last month I booked my hotel through Otel.com, not only were the dates switched so when I arrived to check in I was told They couldn't help me, I had to pay expedia.com to help book a room with 3 crying children in the car that day after a 4 hr drive just to have a place to sleep.. Which brings me to they wouldn't cancel the reservations for a month away.. forcing me to drive back to Orlando the NEXT MONTH. . taking more time off from work, more gas, another 4 hrs to drive and more Disney tickets so my children weren't bored siting in a hotel missing school. . Now let's talk about Otel.com telling me the HOTEL would NOT REFUND me, and upon arrival to the hotel today the hotel MANAGEMENT SAID HE WOULD HAVE GLADLY REFUNDED MY RESERVATION. . THAT OTEL.COM never contacted them & they never make a guest feel trapped in a bad reservation /room.. Also I have a email that states my room was completely paid for all I needed to do was print the voucher, but upon arrival they didn't see my reservation, then told me I have to pay 18 plus change fee.. and it was coming from "otel.com side" that if it was from Rosen Inn @ Pointe they would gladly reverse the fee .. Now let's talk about how I was told this was 2 Queen beds that would accommodate 5 people. .Only having 1 adult & 3 children. .. I told them 5 people because my 15 yrs old son is 6"4 so I knew we needed a bigger room/beds.. I get here and I'm placed in a room with 2 full beds. . Small room ,so small in fact I can't use the restroom without my legs touching the toilet paper roll & blocking me from using the tissue. . The manager at this hotel said this is the biggest room they have.. Not to mention my Autistic 4 year old child's Birthday weekend is ruined. .! This OTEL.COM IS THE WORST, UNTRUSTWORTHY, CRIMINALS. . PLEASE TAKE HEED TO MY BAD EXPERIENCE WITH THEM.. AGAIN THIS Seems like a scamming site. . and what I'm being told by the manager here this is NOT THE FIRST TIME THEY'VE HAD PROBLEMS FROM OTEL.COM. .

grantg14
5/24/16

I booked a room for a hotel in Italy thru Otel.com and it ended up being booked for a month too early. One of the biggest reasons for this was that their site fails to confirm your info just before you book and pay. Every other site I booked thru has a pop up at the end of the booking sequence showing you all the details of your booking-dates, room request, hotel etc except for this one. Once I hit pay the details came up and I immediately realized it was booked for the wrong date. All my attempts to get it changed thru customer service-now that's a joke- and live chat etc fell on deaf ears. It was booked months ahead of time. Beware it the worst booking site I used for the trip and customer service is non-existent. My attempt to reverse it thru my credit card company failed. I will never use Otel.com again.

katieb44
12/7/15

Fraud! Tried to book a hotel for Vegas through Otel.com. Once I selected the law rate and entered all of my information and credit card information it redirected me back to the start with almost double the cost of the same room! I clicked to speak to a customer service representative. I received Tolga out of Istanbul, Turkey. Tolga was absolutely the WORST customer service representative I have ever dealt with. They said there was no manager, 1-800 phone number and if I called Turkey in the morning to speak with a manager Tolga said he would be answering my call. I would give no-stars, but it does not let me.
This is FRAUD!!!!!! Stay away!

allysonk1
12/1/15

The listed price for the room was increased when I got to the payment page.

lisak49
8/21/14

took my money and sent me a voucher. when I got to the hotel, there was no reservation. I was the second customer of otel.com turned away that day by the hotel, which had no available rooms and confirmed that Otel.com never attempted to book a room. otel.com told me they booked me at an alternative (inferior) motel for the same price, 3 hours away from where I was. I told them to screw off and refund my money. They haven't refunded my money and I have reported them to the Federal Trade Commission.

Tip for consumers: don't

dietk
5/10/14

Booked a room but got a voucher for a different hotel. Canceled booking but got less money back than I paid. Rip off!

travellerp
3/31/14

I had to cancel my booking and otel.com customer service helped me with the cancellation process. They refund me the full of money. Thank you otel.com:)

deannam4
9/30/13

I used this website to book a hotel. I was sent a confirmation email stating that my room was booked and my credit card had been charged. Over a week later I received another email saying that they have failed to reserve a room for me. Then I received THREE more emails confirming that I had a room. When I arrived at the hotel, they could not find my reservation. After about 15 minutes of searching cancelations from the last month, they found mine and told me that my travel agent (otel.com) had canceled my reservation. They also told me they were full and didn't have a single room available. After complaining on their website, they accused me of making and canceling several reservations for the same day, and then accused the hotel of canceling my reservation. They claim they will refund my money, I'm still waiting to see if that will happen. I would NEVER use this website again.

Interesting discussion ! I was fascinated by the information ! Does anyone know if my assistant would be able to get access to a sample a form example to fill in ?

By erica j.

Questions? Get answers from the Otel.com staff and other customers.

8 Photos for Otel.com