Review of TripAdvisor

right@tripadvisor.com
2018 Customer choice award

andreaa144
2/15/19

She wouldn't tell me anything and would be angry with me for no reason. Constantly on her phone and wouldn't let me even touch it.
Spyfix6 was basically my last clue.
When I got to her WhatsApp chats I broke in tears, my Wife was about to run away with this guy she had never met in real life.
Cannot thank Spyfix6 (at) gmail (dot) com enough.

Smartphone surveillance
Cheating Spouse.

rickp138
1/19/19

Our reservations went very well, and the individuals we were renting from were great. Lots of communication and lots of help from them.

However, there was absolutely no help from Tripadvisor when I asked for it on their website. No response equals no business. I'll take my business to the sites I have used, because they do respond. So, if I find a location on Tripadvisor I will look for it on other sites to set up the rental.

Also, don't look to provide feedback directly to Tripadvisor or any reviews of the Tripadvisor website. They are not there. The one email I received requesting feedback concerning Tripadvisor through the FeeFoon site doesn't exist.

susanl68
12/3/18

Is it pressure from merchants that is causing Trip Advisor to trash negative reviews? Is Trip Advisor going the way of Yelp? Is Trip Advisor unable to deliver? Is censorship going on? How much does it cost to get a bad review censored? Did the ownership of this business change hands? Gosh, what happened?

camilles46
11/29/18

We rented a very expensive vacation home from Magical Vacation Homes in the Reunion Resort in Florida. We have vacationed at Reunion every Thanksgiving for the past seven years. From New England, we rent a home with a private pool for the serenity of it and do not go into the Parks. Having paid for pool heat, we were disappointed to have none for our entire stay. We were never notified that there was a problem until we called Magical only to be told that no one was available to fix it because of the holiday. After NUMEROUS calls to Magical and their care team, we were told that the heater had to be replaced and was being "shipped." In Florida, wouldn't you think they could go to a pool supply store and purchase one??? Needless to say, we had no pool heat in November for our stay which spoiled our entire vacation. We ere told to use the other public pools on the property but we did not pay for a very expensive pool home to use public pools. Please do not do business with this company. Their communication was horrible and extremely aggrevating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tylern27
11/10/18

Lately TripAdvisor has been an absolute must for all of my vacation needs. Regular hotel trips just don't cut it anymore. There's just something a lot more exciting in trying your luck in some obscure rental place.

patriceb19
11/7/18

My sister and brother-in-law and I had a great time seeing Lizzie Borden's home and imagining how this family lived and died. A gruesome crime, to be sure. Some parts really creepy like a door that opened by itself. Suzanne St. John was a super tour guide in this experience. My relative on my Dad's side came from Ireland over to Fall River. My Dad had to walk by Lizzie's house on his way to his grandmothers!

jakiz
11/4/18

Attempted to contact TripAdvisor is a entered an incorrect email address on an order. When you call the phone number for TripAdvisor they advise you that they handle all tech support online. There is virtually no way to correct the error that I had made so I couldn't receive my confirmation email on my booking nor could I talk to anybody about it. I will never use TripAdvisor again

coraleev
10/29/18

My husband and I went on a cruise to Bermuda for our 40th wedding anniversary. Upon leaving the ship in Bermuda, we came upon taxis lined up to take tourists around to see the beautiful island of Bermuda. A very professionally dressed man named "Charlie" approached us and offered to take us on an hour trip for $100. As my husband has trouble walking, we took him up on his offer. True to his word, he showed us such beautiful sites and he was so informative. He stopped anytime we wanted to take pictures, go in a place such as the old churches, lighthouse or anything we wanted. He made this trip all about us. He actually took us around for 1 1/2 hour for the 1 hour price. If you go to Bermuda-be sure to look "Charlie" up. You won't be disappointed. He is a real professional.

freddied12
10/26/18

"aircraft over half empty"
Freddie Deneira (United States) 23rd October 2018
Trip Verified | Cusco to Lima. On October 18 I approached the desk of Peruvian air to ask if I could fly on that day instead of the ticket date, the attendant said there is no problem and directed me to their office. At the airport, I went there and the clerk said there is no problem, she informed me that I would have to pay a 47 dollar rebooking fee to which I agreed. soon after she spoke to a supervisor she ask me to comeback at 2 PM and confirm the flight, I agreed even though I wanted to pay for the rebooking then and there she refused to accept my payment and asked me to come back at two because there was a probability that the flight was going to be cancelled. I came back five minutes to two and waited, finally, after I went the front desk and asked for assistance they told me that the person at the office was late coming back from lunch, so I waited and the clerk showed at 2:25 PM and went in to his office to open the computer site, It took about ten minutes and, mind you the flight was to depart around 3:20 Pm he spent about 15 minutes supposingly checking the flight load factor. He finally told me that the flight was fully booked and there were two unclaimed seats that he could book me on if I pay 151 extra dollars. I paid up. Proceeded to the gate, went onboard, sat in the assigned seat and waited to feel how lucky I had been to get a seat not minding the price I had to pay. Waiting for the door to close and the rest to the people come on board I was surprised that the aircraft was over half empty.

benp146
10/18/18

Using this site to find what to do, activities and places to see when I'm traveling. Easy to use and get's you a lot of information in one place.

joana123
10/5/18

Tengo la mala suerte de tener que colaborar con ellos. No he visto peor servicio al cliente en mi vida. Semanas para contestarte un mail, ninguna posibilidad de resolver los problemas por teléfono. Sin ninguna duda la peor compañía con la que colaboro.

terryw215
9/28/18

The top app which I use while traveling. All sightseeing, useful tricks and interesting tips are included. The big advantage is the opportunity to read references about the particular place from other people. One of the best helpers in a new location.

brucek98
9/20/18

Amsterdam Restaurant in Rhinebeck NY. This restaurant is worth the visit. The food was quite good, fresh and prepared well. Appetizers were actually better than main courses. Excellent wine list.The one complaint I have was with service, it was much too slow and we had multiple people attending to us. No idea who was supposed to do what.

oliviaw64
9/20/18

Very convenient to learn all the details about the trip. You can even plan your route.
I like when everything is prepared before head, so you don't have to think of anything during the trip and just enjoy it. It is a pleasure to deal with this site.

cathya85
9/5/18

We got very lucky earlier this last August when we managed to find a campsite near Yellowstone. I didn't expect too much because everything was booked. However, we got five nights at Rainbow Point Campground, 5 miles north of West Yellowstone and loved it! It's beautiful, has very spacious camp sites, very clean vault toilets, on a lake, the quietest campground I've ever stayed at and the hosts were meticulous about keeping toilets and campsites impeccable. Our campsite's ground had been raked when we arrived. As soon as a camper leaves, within minutes they are checking the site and getting it ready for the next person. It was 5 miles north of West Yellowstone and I think 2 miles on a paved road and then 2 miles on a good gravel road. $19/night can't be beat. Showers are available at the coin laundry in town.

williamn129
8/23/18

Needed to find out some specific info about my next destination and managed to find most of my answers in one place. Very useful site!

dominiquec25
8/19/18

I booked a one-way shuttle ride to an airport. I received a confirmation but it did not contain the time the shuttle would arrive. The next morning, no follow up confirmation. I called trip advisor but the automated system said to call the vendor. I called the vendor. There was no reservation but trip advisor did keep the $45 Payment. When I cancelled a shuttle reservation that did not exist, they kept my money. Will never use their service again.

davidc1276
8/9/18

As an owner Trip Advisor doesn't help you one bit. They allow you to publish a minimum of info ( compared to airbnb or similar), and I found the calendar doesn't work. There is no Customer Service to speak of. It's all pre-recorded, and all based on keywords. It's the worst of what a computer driven world looks like.
However, the traveller seems to like the complexity , and completeness of info for planning entire trips. That means that the owner becomes quite a small part of the attraction of the website, and this leads to a minimalistic presentation of our rooms.
I like the way the traveller is encouraged to make contact, but this is a slow and unreliable way of taking bookings. With some travellers it works, with many others it costs you a lot of patience and careful explaining to get things done.

ronc234
8/7/18

UP AND DOWN THE WEST COAST,AND THIS ONE I REALY LIKE,STAFF IS GREAT AND A GREAT GENERAL STOR,,WITH PATRISA AS MANAGER,,GREAT PERSON AND LOTS OF STUFF IN THE STORE,,,GOING MONTHLY NOW BECAUSE OF TWO ADDOPTED BOYS,,SCHOOL TIME,SO BEAUTIFUL IN THE WINTER,,,SAN BENITO CAMP GROUNDS HOLLISTER,CA,,,,SEE YOU THERE

Tip for consumers: LOTS OF OPEN SITES HERE,,LARGE SITES,SHADE,POOL adult and family,BEAUTIFUL IN THE WINTER

barbarah401
8/6/18

If you are headed to Door County, Wisconsin be sure to have lunch or dinner at the Shoreline restaurant in Gills Rock. Not only is the food wonderful, but if you are there at 8:30 pm, the sunsets are spectacular. Ordinarily they don't take reservations, but we were a party of 17 and they made an exception. The service was excellent and the presentation of the meal was fabulous. Barbara H.

claireg62
8/1/18

I have just had a terrible experience with Getaroom.com, a site I was bumped to from Trip Advisor while making a reservation at a Hampton Inn. Hampton Inn has been fabulous and cheerfully refunded the disputed amount. BUT Getaroom is still trying to force me to pay for a night's lodging at the Hampton Inn even though they have already refunded Getaroom their money!!!! Apparently Getaroom's business model is to force you to pay for a room you didn't use even when the hotel has refunded the room charges???
There are (at last count) 1328 reviews for Getaroom. Over half - 714- give a single star which in their words equals a rating of "Terrible". Why is TripAdvisor, a trusted site I used to rely on completely - allowing themselves to be associated with this fraudulent and dishonest organization? All the reviews use words in their headlines like SCAM, FRAUD, BE WARNED, MISLEADING. These reviews could not be worse. TripAdvisor people, please wake up and get rid of these crooks. FYI I am also contacting the folks at Hampton Inn who apparently authorize Getaroom to do business on their behalf. No reputable company should want to be associated with this website.

patriciak92
7/27/18

Delta review
I absolutely did not recommend Delta, every time I called there was no less than half an hour of waiting. I had a membership with points for some domestic trips, I just wanted to change part of my name, since I got divorced, the customer service asked me ,to send by fax a photocopy of my passport, it is illegal to make copies of personal documents. This information is crucial to steal identities and falsify documents, currently corporations are giving training on how to manage this type of information.

I had to make a new membership Delta did not recognize the accumulated points.
This single signal should have been enough to not use this Delta, but my daughter had given me the ticket.

In July of this year( 2018), I traveled to Berlin, to begin, you cannot trust the availability of seats offered online, among the regular seats only publish the price of the less attractive and the others are reserved or are more expensive, then I saw many empty seats on the plane, some of which I would have liked to use it, they were unavailable online when I booked my fly.

The night before fly to NYC, Delta keep send me message to check in and I couldn't. I had serious problems and every time I called customer services, there was a one hour wait, finally after midnight, they called me back, to tell me that they did not know what the solution to my problem was.

It is an attack of surveys, when the service is not complete, for that they are efficient, they want you feed back before they services is complete, that was very suspicious.

At the Berlin airport, again nobody gave me an explanation of why I couldn't check in with my phone, Delta shared the office with other airlines, Delta opened the service with little time before departure time, it was chaos, fly attendant were rude, arrogant, the Delta clerk didn't greeting us, or said good morning , he didn't make eye contact, they mocking me, after that they forgot to inform the passengers the order of sections to board the plane, it was very slow.

The finishing golden touch of my stay was a wild handling of the customs clerk, she assault me , her touching was inappropriate, after I pass the metal detector with no alarm's on me, she check on me as if I was a delinquent, in front of all passengers, when I complain about their treatment , she answer that they did because Delta chose me, and what Delta ask her to do it, she said " you can complaint to them", I felt and informed them It was discriminative.

I am 65 years old woman who look at my age ,with disabilities, they are not noticeable, however I had health problems, she stress the hells of out me, I was sobbing, nobody come to asked me what happen.

For those who are interested to know, they found nothing inappropriate or illegal in my suitcase or in me.

On board the fly attendant were chatting on the back, instead of being attentive to the service, and the menu items were not available, the fly attendant found it funny that they did not serve decaffeinated coffee and they did not have some the soda drinks, listed in the menu. She referred to decaffeinated coffee in a derogatory way, said it was disgusting. I don't think that Starbuck will agree with that, it were Starbucks paper cups.

The computers in the back of the seats did not work, I had to wait till Delta crew re set them.

The compartment for my luggage was occupied by airline boxes, I had o keep my luggage far away from me.

Regarding the food the only nice thing were the European products, cheeses and crackers, the rest smelled unpleasant I did not eat.
The fly attendant did not give me a whole soda, it's a miserable attitude, was disregarded ,over all because the Delta fly attendant took so long to come back to my area. No tag name sorry!

Delta need to improve everything. Pilots training, the sanitation department in NYC has better drivers, fly attendant customer services, to slow, to fake smile, they are arrogant, food is horrible, information about check in clerk location and schedule, does not exist, honesty when we book a seat, what it is available and space for a traveler luggage, and definitely, hygiene and sanitation of the airplane, it was disgusting, the smell of urine and vomit invaded the cabin every time a passenger opened the bathroom door.

I explain in detail about the service and the fly attendants, the food and the hygiene, I want to add that the pilots were a disaster when we landing in Berlin (TXL) the plane bounced on the runway like a ball, and when we landed in NYC (JFK), the plane sighed as if the driver was drunk and I never saw the faces of the pilots either in my way to Berlin or back, the information was poor and the translation for the German passengers insignificant, is a lack of respect.

In all my trips to Europe and recently visit Netherlands, Norway, Sweden and Finland, with Finnair airlines, I hadn't this kind of outrage, I will never use Delta.
They should return my money.
I WILL KEEP AWAY FROM DELTA AS IF THEY WERE THE PLAGUE.

michaelb1348
6/30/18

I made a booking, I thought through "Trip advisor" to find it was booked through https://www.cancelon.com. What I thought was the rate and booking I set up with Trip Advisor was 2 rooms with 2 adults each. the confirmation from CancelOn showed 2 rooms 2 adults. When I immediately called CancelOn for clairification I was told 1 adults only per room. To add two more adults to the reservation resulted in close to doubling the cost advertized with Trip Advisor, To cancel at that time would result in a $220.00 fee. Absolutely ridiculous, After some discussion with the nice representive and his discussion with his supervisor, the fee was reduced to $110. This is still too much for a 15 minute transaction that was deceiving from the beginning. I would advise people to avoid offers from Trip Advisor and do not allow CancelOn to make the bookings.

nancyp213
5/14/18

Purchased advance tickets for the Museum which is supposed to whisk you inside without standing in line. HA! Pouring rain and the line had probably 100 people. Showing our "avoid the line" ticket to the door guard, he said no...that means you avoid the line inside the Museum, not outside. Go back into the rain with all the other people that have the same ticket. Finally, getting inside...there was another long line and everyone had the same "avoid the line" ticket! Take this into consideration when you buy "advance..avoid the line" tickets!

malissan1
4/27/18

Between TripAdvisor and OpenTable...vacation planning is a piece of cake. I use it like Wikipedia; I get ideas for things to do/places to stay then further research them. Love it.

3 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

These guys are a joke, and take advantage of unsuspecting rentors and renters by charging fees and cancellation penalties, even when it was not you who cancelled. I'd avoid them!

By Kerry D.

Questions? Get answers from the TripAdvisor staff and other customers.

2 Photos for TripAdvisor