Review of TripAdvisor

hostmaster@tripadvisor.com
2017 Customer choice award

suej58
12/7/17

We held a meeting at the Fairfield Inn in Monaca, PA and it was very nice. The room was very well equipped and had an efficient set-up. The room worked great for our meeting and short presentation. Carol, the manager was a pleasure to work with, as well as the worker who took care of our room. She was wonderful as well. Thanks & would recommend their meeting room and hotel!

gails110
11/22/17

City Tavern is one of my very favorite places to dine when in Philadelphia. Authentic Colonial Fare is always prepared to perfection. Nothing can be better than a turkey pot pie and a cold ale. The ambiance, the food and the service is tops. Walter Steib is a world renown Chef for good reason. Much thanks to Rafael, our friendly server for making our evening out so enjoyable.

Gail Sonatore
Middletown, NJ

scottn62
11/15/17

Reading reviews here is a waste of time as they don't publish negative reviews and put positive reviews for all business. Travelling around in Europe I found almost every shop or business has a Trip Advisor sticker on them - even the ones you wouldn't visit the second time round. The reviews on Trip Advisor are meaningless and better stick to Google Reviews - they are genuine reviews and not vetted by someone who manipulates your reviews

catherinep50
11/9/17

My family just returned from South Africa and we spent 5 days in Kruger National Park. Our field guide on safari there was so engaging, his energy and knowledge of the park was beyond exceptional. His name is Franscois Rosslee, my husband and were so taken by the care and attention he payed to our group . He made our safari the best it couldve been the drives were unbelievable the sights were amazing. And of course the animals were beautiful and we did see the big 5 before the 4th day. Franscois explained so much about the animals and there daily life there at the park.
Kanyes I is very lucky to have this nature lover on its staff .
Thank you Kanye For a wonderful amazing vacation there in the cape and the park.

barbarat6
10/28/17

This summer I have chosen a hotel based on positive reviews on this site. However, in reality the hotel turned to be AWFUL and I was very disappointed. When I came home, I wrote a 1-star-review describing my awful experience, but tripadvisor REMOVED it without any notification or explanation!!! I tried to reach their support or administration, but they did not reply. Actually, there is no email to send complaints, only ticketing system. This is a very and very suspicios site as many positive reviews are FAKE!! But Negative reviews they just remove.

I do not trust it anymore. Do not recommend.

michaelt245
10/12/17

Its a hotel booking site that is a boiler room operation in India and China designed to charge your cc then never refund the money. Its a scam website and they do not have the hotel rooms they advertise at the rates. I called the hotel directly and they said they do not have any rooms at the prices Cancelon.com shows on its site
Buyer Beware

patriciae32
10/9/17

I consult TripAdvisor all the time. The site enables me to get a true picture of a resort or a restaurant, because It allows me access to many opinions, both good and bad. Information is power and this site gives me the tools I need to make solid decisions.

janab16
10/7/17

I use this site together with Booking one and these two are the best on the net so far. Didnt let me down on my bookings even once and another plus for them - you dont need to pay the site when you book, it is okay to communicate with the hotel directly after you order a placement.

tomm1367
9/26/17

This place was okay with the exception of things that are not maintained properly.The hallways in the ground units smelled of damp musty smell. The hallways were not vacuumed, The locks on the entry doors to the units were out of date. The lower down stair units had ant traps on the window sills.That is a real turn off to owners,and renters.The outside of the buildings had poor lighting.Someone that is a senior citizen would have had trouble on the walk ways.I know I did,and I am of middle age. The laundry facilities were ok,but that automatic card machine did not give the right amount on the washer or Dryer.When Five dollars was spent the dryer said the I was short seventy five cents. which was not true.I had to air dry the clothes. Our trip to Florida was cancelled,so we came to this place for a little relaxation,but all the amenities on the property was closed.We really could not see the lake which was advertised.The units reall need some updating .

lindah218
9/18/17

This website is intuitive - showing me things close to where I am - I like that. Yet I can elect to do my own searches as well.

wendyr14
9/4/17

Each time we take a trip we look for ideas at trip advisor. There are a great many reviews that are helpful. On a recent trip to the Oregon Coast we started with trip advisor and soon found the best places to stop, sights to see, photos and ideas that were useful. In one case we read a review and thought we had a better idea but if I had to do it again I would have listened to the reviewer Great resource.

davida374
9/3/17

Lots of the reviews here are for hotels booked through TripAdvisor - not for TripAdvisor itself. My review is about the TripAdvisor website which is still the best travel website in the world for reading genuine reviews. Yes, there are a lot of fake reviews on TA as well (often written by unscrupulous competitors) - and maybe even some paid reviews - but if you read enough of the reviews, you will soon get a feel of what a particular hotel, resort or restaurant is like. Just ignore reviews that are over the top with praise (possibly paid or written by the establishment's staff) and reviews that are very nasty (often those are written by people who can never be pleased) and read the objective reviews in between. I've not found a website that provides a better opportunity to get an advance feel of a place because TA publishes all reviews (unlike some hotel booking and travel agent sites who won't publish bad reviews to protect their business). The only reason I've given TA four stars and not five is that I'm aware that a lot of people have had problems contacting them when they've had problems with bookings that they have made through TA. That really annoys me when you can't contact big companies, and all you get is an automated response. Personally I've never booked a hotel through TA because they are a third party. I always try and book direct with the hotel because then it's much easier to sort out any problems if they arise (although I do sometimes book through agoda or booking.com if they have significantly better prices that the hotel's website).

clydev5
9/1/17

Convenient. Very nice 2 day stay. Great front desk service. Outstanding
service in breakfast area by Mr Terry.

darlenem37
9/1/17

Had a trip booked through Trip Advisor when Hurricane Harvey came through. I had to cancel my trip at the resort and got everything back except for what Trip Advisor kept. I feel Trip Advisor should refund my deposit due to the circumstances out of my control. I have NO way of contacting them about this matter. I will not ever go through this company again when booking my next trip. They have NO one who you can call (no ph. #) for help. There is no way of contacting them about anything. Who runs a company without customer service or contact info?? Trip Advisor does!!

allisonm76
8/23/17

Has up to date info no matter where I go. I've been to some pretty small towns in the U.S. and some pretty relatively unknown island destinations and I always use Trip Advisor. Great reviews, recommendations, contact info for companies. All around a must have for me when I'm travelling

petr273
8/19/17

I found this to be a great place to stay on the two recent occasions I've been in Hanoi. Both Ms Ann and Lily are as friendly nd helpful as you could wish for and the room rate was really competitive and includes breakfast.. The hotel is right in the middle of the 'action' with heaps of eateries etc jostling for space in the streets around.

Tip for consumers: Book direct via i/net for the cheapest room rate.

carolg116
8/14/17

My husband and I went to Thunder Road at Route 66 Casino for our anniversary. They have a good deal on prime rib, $19.00 for 10oz prime rib, salad and loaded baked potato. My husband and I both had that for dinner. The service was very good, quick but not hurried. The waiter took our drink order came back with chips and salsa and took our dinner order. The salad arrived before our drinks. My husband ordered a beer and I ordered the red wine sangria. He got his beer pretty quickly, but it took awhile to get me sangria. I think the bar tender didn't like our server, she kept by passing him for others. Not his fault. At any rate the meal was very good. The only thing I would say is that the prime rib is cut a little on the thin side, but cooked very well and exactly as we ordered. We like the ambiance at Thunder Road. The old cars coming out of the wall and the old police car on top of the bar are cool. Nice bar and the restaurant is very nice and quiet enough to carry on a good table conversation. My husband and I both like this place and always go there for special occasions. Dinner with his beer and my sangria was only 50 bucks so good value for the money.

helenp69
8/14/17

My wonderful grandson has so many food allergies that something as simple as an ice cream couldn't happen until Baci Gelati came along. Edi made him a chocolate ice cream that was dairy free, egg free and nut free. The look on his face will stay with me forever. Thank you Thank you

rodolfor10
8/10/17

I have fish with Alaska Fish on twice, 2015 and 2016. Darlene was great to work with. She found us a place that we want and great fishing trips. Both times we went we got our limit of our Kings and Halibut. The fishing trips were both hassle free and we enjoyed them very much. I will highly recommend her to anyone who is planning to fish in Alaska. I could have not asked for anything better. It was a very good experience. Rudy, North Carolina

lauram288
8/5/17

While in LA on a leisure trip, housekeeping went through my sons billfold and stole $130 in cash and $365 in gift cards that he received as graduation presents. Never stay there. House keeping has thiefs and the hotel doesn't cooperate in changing anything about what they do.

lanceh22
8/4/17

Do not stay at Tahoe Valley RV Resort in South Lake Tahoe, CA. I had reservations made through their reservation phone # in April. Got there on Aug. 3 to check in. They had me in a 24' site and I have a 26' Travel Trailer. It was a back-in and the hookups were on the wrong side. Then they tried to put me in another site that also was not large enough. The place was dirty, crowed and not friendly at all. Got my money back and left. They are only interested in selling vacation sites and looking out for their bottom line, NOT your comfort.

loryt
8/1/17

Due to this website I managed to find a lot of opinions and make up my mind as for the place to spend this summer at. In fact, some reviews are so bad that you never know if it's real unless you try anything yourself.

But I trust Tripadvisor!

williamo31
7/23/17

I would like to thank Colonial Williamsburg and all who were involved in establishing the Liberty Lounge for all of us and our families. It was a very welcome addition to such a wonderful place to visit and gave us an opportunity for a short break from seeing our History. Thank You
CPO,USN,RET..

Tip for consumers: A REAL BLUE STAR FACILITY

margaretw86
7/21/17

I stayed in parkersburgh wva Lorie Wherry was our room lady she was polite and did anthing she could gor us

andyw87
7/17/17

I signed up with TripAdvisor to help me with getting more traffic to my B&B. Found that they do not have the traffic that they claim and when someone does inquire you have no idea of who they are. Then they double dip into both our pockets and the potential guest when you do book. Not my cup of tea. Stay away if you are an owner needing traffic from TripAdvisor.

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

These guys are a joke, and take advantage of unsuspecting rentors and renters by charging fees and cancellation penalties, even when it was not you who cancelled. I'd avoid them!

By Kerry D.
Questions? Get answers from the TripAdvisor staff and other customers.

TripAdvisor?