Review of Newegg

webmaster@newegg.com
2017 Customer choice award

monicar106
9/23/18

I like the fact that everything I ordered that stretches fits very well and comfortable I will order again.

ianf72
9/18/18

I had the computer from Newegg since May 26, 2018 and by August the hard drive, made by Seagate was not working. Newegg said it is not their problem since Seagate made the drive and could/would not help. Seagate requires ridiculous packaging for returns that would cost more than $200, more than the cost of a hard drive.

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hello Ian,

I am so sorry to hear about the issue you had with your computer and the failed drive. Please send us a private message with your order information so we can look further into this as well as referencing this post.

aralynh
9/11/18

I purchased refurbished computer And I shipped computer back to reseller as the keys keys stuck. I emailed, called, begged to do price adjustment so I could keep computer that had already been loaded with my stuff and get it repaired on my end, I sent it back but without box it came in. They refused return, I was going to return again with box but they said they would give me my money, I then sent it back again and they would not refund money but kept the computer, After 5 months with credit card refusal on my end I was able to get my money. They have no customer service and it is like dealing with non existent company. DO NOY BUY FROM THEM.

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hey there, Aralyn!

Thank you very much for bringing this up to my attention. I'm very sorry to hear about the experience that you've had with us and would be more than happy to assist you. When the time permits, please send us a private message and reference this post to proceed. I'm looking forward to hearing from you!

Ernie [Newegg Support]
morrisu3
9/5/18
• Updated review

Posted a early review about a horrible buying experience, receiving damaged and defective product from Newegg and only getting excuses with no resolution. They replied saying they would handle it or refund. That is a lie!! Do not believe the replies Newegg post. On the phone today with a Rep and manager and the manager not only would not send replacement at same cost but called me a liar and tried to charge me more for the item I already paid for. Then when I told him I was promised it would be expedited for free he again called me a liar. Worse buying experience ever!! Total nightmare! DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY AND DO NOT BELIEVE THEIR REPLIES TO CUSTOMERS!!

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hey there Morris. I am sorry to hear about this but I did locate your account and I do see you have spoken to an agent already. If you still require further assistance, then please send a private message.

Nicholas [Newegg Support]
“Damaged & Defective Products and Horrible Customer Support & Resolutions!”
9/4/18
• Previous review

Purchased two Klipsch Icon KF-28 Dual 8" 2-way Floorstanding Speakers on 8/4/18. They were delivered by Fedx all busted up and destroyed. Fedx driver told me to contact Newegg. Newegg had me send photos of all the damage so I did. After several days they got back with me and told me they would send replacements. I asked that they send UPS and mark them as fragile. Few days later fedx showed up and showed me again that the packaging was destroyed and the speakers were all busted up. Newegg customer service had me send photos again and this time stated they would get it right. At this point I have been charged for three speakers when I only purchased two, only have 1 good speaker delivered and over three weeks later they are still giving me excuses to why I have not received my order or refund. They have lied to me, not return phone calls and on 9/3/18 I emailed replyied a rep that lied about inventory and told her if I did not receive a actual phone call from someone resolving this issue I would be posting negative reviews. As you can see they do not care. Horrible products because of being defective or damaged and also horrible customer service. Still have not received full refund or replacement!!

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hello Morris,

I am terribly sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your most recent purchase. I can understand your frustration. I was able to look into your inquiry further, and it does appear that as of 8/30/2018 your refund has been submitted back to your original form of payment. Please allow 3-5 business days for it to be available in your account. We do apologize for the delay in response, as we are coming off a 3 day weekend, and were closed on 9/3/2018 for the national holiday. If you have any additional questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to wecare@newegg.com, and we will be more than happy to assist you. -Derek [Newegg Support]
yayar2
8/22/18

prateekc
8/21/18

The platform is pro-seller and anti-buyer. I had an issue where the seller shipped a completely wrong item. Newegg sided with seller and denied my claim. Thanks Heavens that I had Paypal and my Visa credit card in between and they are still working on the case. The outcome is awaited but overall, Newegg did not own any responsibility and closed the case as such. Despite of me having provided with all relevant pictures (right of the time item was received). I will NEVER EVER buy stuff again from newegg.com.

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hello Prateek,

It is truly disheartening to hear about the trouble you have experienced in attempting to resolve this matter. I am terribly sorry to know that this has happened. Our records indicate that you have been in contact with Newegg via Reseller Ratings and a mutual agreement has been reached. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have any additional questions or concerns. You may follow this link to our site: https://goo.gl/s2YABE to find other means in which you may contact us!

anisea
8/17/18

I purchased a couple of items from NewEgg and specifically from one of their seller Fastmedia. They sent the item to the wrong address twice. by this time 3 weeks had gone by and I not longer wanted the items and requested to cancel. a week later they stilled shipped out the item. I returned the items per their request to return to sender. after 2 months they had still not refunded me. Claimed they never got their packages back.
I was very disappointed that NewEgg didn't step up to help me deal with this seller. I felt NewEgg was thaking their side. finally after 3 months FedEx verified that the items were in fact returned and i finally got a refund. I am just really surprized that NewEgg failed to take care of the issue and will probally do nothing to punish the seller for incompetence. It's too bad, I used to like NewEgg, but will never buy or recommend them in the future.

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hey there Anise!

I am very sorry to hear this has occurred and I would be happy to assist. Please send a private message with your order information. Looking forward to hearing from you!

raneea
8/7/18

Okay. Tried a couple pieces of tech from them. Good. Once in a while you'll occasionally get a bad item. No problem just happily send it back for credit or a replacement. So-so customer service. Recommended over Best Buy. Sort of done with Best Buy. They seem to be living in the past. Newegg has current day technology at average prices. Would recommend

matthews334
8/3/18

I found out about newegg.com from a friend years ago. The site is my go to for any and all tech products, I have purchased RAM, laptops, cameras, etc. Every experience has exceeded my expectations. The prices offered for products cannot be beat and,my purchases arrived very quickly. I have never had a negative experience with the site.

gilsono1
8/2/18

Ótimo camiseta manga longa , tenho que admitir que superou minhas expectativas , sobre entrega chegou bem antes prazo.
Número pedido 1806251029842420

stephenh303
7/9/18

I purchased a "NIB" Asus ROG Rampage V edition 10 motherboard ($500) on 5/30/18. It was obvious that this was an open box as it was missing things, even the antistatic bag.
The MB was defective (wonder why it was returned in the first place!). I was issued an RMA by Newegg. After returning the MB back to Newegg at my cost, they "rejected" the claim based on a rebate being available. At this time, the rebate was not longer offered. Newegg returned the MB and stated that I had to send the MB to ASUS. 2 weeks later, the MB arrived and now I had to send it off to ASUS at my cost.
As of this writing, I still do not have a MB and I am out $500 thanks to Newegg.
I did file a complaint with the BBB and the AZ Attorney General's office. The BBB has responded, then Newegg stating that they wished I did not take that approach.
All I want is what I paid for. Had Newegg just exchanged the MB, I would not be writing this.

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hello Stephen,

I am very sorry to hear about the difficulties you have encountered in attempting to resolve this matter. I would recommend checking the BBB case for any additional questions or concerns.

lionelg13
6/30/18

They've always been reliable. Even when something goes wrong they fix the problem. One of my favorite places to shop for computer parts.

meredithv2
6/19/18

My wife and I bought a MSI computer for our business. The computer was defective as the HDMI, USB and other ports did not work. After numerous conversations and several emails with different people, including a Supervisor, Max Rivera, they refused to accept our return, even though we returned the laptop before the 30 days period.

Since we have all the proper documentation, including email, chats transcripts, and proof of mailing, we are on the process of filling a complain with the Attorney General and taking the proper legal actions against this company.

Save yourself the trouble, and do not buy anything from this company!!

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hi there, Meredith!

I'm very sorry to hear about the experience you've had while shopping on our web site. May you please send us a private message with your order details to allow me to further look into this? I'm looking forward to assist you!

Ernie [Newegg Support]
mohameds48
6/11/18

very nice and promising site, with good service and good products, i got a laptop from there and it arrived in time

andrewr249
6/11/18

on 04/28/2018 I Paid $29.99 for ICloud Removal on an iPad I purchased. On 04/29 received the IMEI verification and was told that would receive the unlock within 1-4 weeks.

Date: 2018-04-28
SIM Lock: Unlocked
Find My iPhone ON
iCloud Activation Lock Removal - Eligible - Not Instant
Status - Lost or Stolen

Here it is, 06/15/2018 and have not heard a word from them. Despite numerous emails sent to them requesting the information. They are a scam.

I have requested refund and still nothing so have not other choice but to report it as fraud to both the bank and the FCC since it is an online sale.

DO NOT USE THEM!!!!

A.K. Risso

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hello Andrew,

I am truly sorry to hear about the trouble you've had in attempting to resolve this matter. Sadly, we must allow the full shipment time frame of 8-15 business days to be fulfilled before we can move forward with processing a resolution for you. Please contact us back if your package is not received by the end of business day on Friday 6/15, so we may investigate the matter further.

Thank you for your consideration.
michaelw742
6/7/18

Newegg is the king of deceptive practices and poor customer support. I am stuck with an expensive product newegg sold to me without a warranty and without disclaiming that it was being sold without warranty.

Spend your money with a retailer that cares about their customers. Newegg does not.

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hey there Michael,

I am very sorry to hear this and I would be happy to assist. Please send a private message with your order information. Looking forward to hearing from you!

jerins
6/3/18

GOT A BRAND NEW MSI LAPTOP LAST MARCH. WITHIN A MONTH IT GOT BROKE. THERE STUPID $#*!ING POLICY WON'T REFUND MY MONEY. MSI FINALLY DONE WITH SERVING REFUNDED MY MONEY BACK(START OF APRIL). BUT THEY ONLY REFUND IT TO NEWEGG. THIS IS THE 3RD MONTH, THE IDIOTS STILL DIDN'T MY MONEY BACK.
PLEASE DON'T USE THE SITE. THEY ARE SCAMMERS

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hello Jerin,

I do apologize about that. May I ask you send us a private message with your order information so we can look further into this for you?

sergeyv16
5/18/18

NewEgg didn't want refund money to my PayPal Account.

I made purchased on eBay store NewEgg May 16, 2018. In some hours I received email from info@newegg.com - Newegg - Order Cancellation Verification Issue
I check eBay and PayPal - eBay order still not cancelled and PayPal still not refunded.
I called NewEgg - they answered that money was refunded to my PayPal. But it's lie.
I called eBay and after PayPal. They told me that if seller cancelled purchased he should refund money right now and cancel eBay purchase of course.

After I called NewEgg again - no help. Only in some hours I received on eBay case closing purchase. But I can accept it because of eBay notice: You should only accept the cancellation request if you haven't paid yet or you've already received your refund from the seller. If you haven't received your refund.

I called PayPal again they told me that I should open PayPal dispute to resolve this problem.

Absolutely inadequate shop. Waste money and time. Didn't want refund money to my PayPal Account.

Tip for consumers: Waste money and time

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hello there Sergey,

I am sorry to hear this however refunds can take 3-5 business days for the refund to return to the original payment method. Business days is Monday-Friday not including the weekend or holidays. Please allow 3-5 business days for the refund. If you do require further assistance then please let me know.

ronaldn32
5/10/18

Been Buying stuff from Newegg for 20 some years - The "Computer shopper"- days. But yea - Just bought a NUC and it fried out my SSD (Both bought at Newegg) I didn't save the paperwork and box for the SSD - I Returned both items - No box for the SSd so they are sending the broken thing back - I have to hassle with Samsung now. Will be using newegg as a price matcher with other companies. I bought plenty from Newegg - other price match so not to bad. just not going to shop as much there any more. China had Bangood.com and gearbest.com for plenty stuff B&H, Ratuken, amazon, superbiiz & Best buy Price matches -

Tip for consumers: Just use em for price matching..

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hello there Ronald, I am sorry to hear this and would very much be happy to assist. Please send a private message with your order information.
Looking forward to hearing from you!

jamesm1022
5/6/18

I bought a pc set from their company a week ago and all I can say is that purchasing from their company is super easy.. Their customer service is also amazing and tracking your order is awesome. RECOMMENDED!

beaudryg
5/4/18

I buy from newegg for like 5000 $ on l electronics equipement and finally i got i dead power supply... i ask for a refund and they say NO !!! I pay 200 $ for a non fonctional power supply... they dont want refund me... Dont go shopping on new egg...

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hello Beaudry, I'm sorry to hear about the issue you had with your order and return request. When time permits please send us an e mail to wecare@newegg.com so we can further look into this for you.

johns1997
5/2/18

Twice in the past few months I've had a marketplace seller cancel my order 3 days after it was placed. Both times they claimed the order was "out of stock". I suspect that they have no stock at all and try to place an order somewhere else to fulfill orders, if they can't, then they cancel.

I tried to place feedback for the merchant, but was unable to because Newegg doesn't allow feedback if the purchase wasn't completed, so there's no way to warn other buyers. I opened a chat session with customer support, but the service rep just reiterated the policy of not allowing merchant reviews if the purchase wasn't completed.

I used to be a dedicated Newegg customer, but am unlikely to return as a customer.

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hello John, I’m truly sorry to hear about your experience with the attempted purchase. We strive to have stock and pricing updated on the Newegg website within a timely manner. Sadly, should the item go out of stock, the order is voided. Your feedback is appreciated on this matter, as Newegg takes customer feedback earnestly. If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to send us a private message or email us at wecare@newegg.com

Ellia [Newegg Support]
kevinr169
4/28/18

I have been a long time newegg advocate and have been purchasing my electronics there for about 10 years. Up until recently, my experience had been unparalleled as the best online marketplace for consumer electronics. But it seems that in recent years, all that has changed. What was once the most helpful customer service is now slow and unhelpful. What once was a quick and painless chat with a representative now takes over 60 min just to get connected (for both phone and chat window). And after waiting that time, I have even had them hang up on me without warning at the close of business hours. What used to be a simple exchange process for defective items, now takes multiple customer service interactions with ultimately unsatisfactory results. Most recently, after mailing a defective item for a replacement, they sold the last one one day before my item arrived at the processing facility which means that by choosing newegg all that I had to show at the end of 3 weeks was frustration and the knowledge to select a different retailer for future purchases. Take this as a word of warning, newegg is not the company that it once was. They are no longer customer-centric and can no longer guarantee any kind of customer satisfaction.

@Nicholas, I could not find any way to send a private message through sitejabber. Please advise on an alternative way to get in contact.

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hey there Kevin,

I am sorry to hear this and would be happy to discuss this further. Please send a private message so we can discuss this further. Looking forward to hearing from you.

hoaa1
4/23/18

I ordered a new wall charger for my Apple laptop on 4/12/18. It's now 4/23/18 and no sign of delivery. In fact, the lick for shipment tracking doesn't even show that the charger has been shipped! If you need to actually receive what you buy, you might want to consider buying from someone other than Newegg.

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Oh my Hoa, I am very sorry to hear this and would be happy to assist. Please send a private message with your order information. Looking forward to hearing from you.

tonyf64
4/17/18

I have ordered & used many items over the years from New Egg & in my opinion it is always useful even if you do not buy directly from them because they generally give in great detail about their inventory to give you the best possible information about what your interested in buying. Now days I am more inclined to buy from the eBay shop because I can avoid any extra charges like tax & shipping which is exactly the same price as it is on their site just minus the S/H & tax.

I would recommend New Egg to anyone who has use for what they offer.

Tip for consumers: Only had 2 items in the entire time I have dealt with New Egg that was the wrong item & they were very professional about fixing the problems. If you want a site/company that cares about their customers & will do their best to make things right, I vouch for New Egg.

393 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Just make DAMN! certain that all your business addresses are updated and all other addresses have been deleted, logged out and back in along whit control f5 forced page updates, and you take a screen snap shot of the payment conformation page before you leave that page. otherwise all newegg will do is tell you it's your fault, you overlooked something, and they will gladly walk you through it to prove to you it was your fault. If your okay with that and having to pay return shipping for damaged items, not your fault, then yes.

By Robert P.

The reason why i gave a bad review was because i ordered a phone for my wife, An I-phone 5 and NewEgg.com only sent a box with the manual and a charger for the phone. I called NewEgg.com and explained to them and they stated i needed to wait while they investigate, they never got back to me so i called them again. the person i talked to put me on hold then came back to me and stated she was checking this what was going on and kept putting me on hold for a total of 45 minutes to only come back and tell me that i need to send them a picture of the box and contents. I have no clue what my wife or children did with the box now i am screwed. 219.00 down the drain. This was the first and last purchase i will make until the get this straight.

By Cody O.

Use paypal when you buy,because if you have a serious problem Newegg will do everything it can to keep your money.The only thing they respect is getting a negative reputation with paypal.

By john b.

Pay Pal will not help you. after several hours on the phone with PayPal and which ever company you bought from, you will still ultimately get screwed by PayPal or end up waiting 2 months before you get you money back, if at all.

By Robert P.

All of the refurbished items are from a 3rd party - i.e. some other company. Unfortunately Newegg under it's current management allows any company to sell their goods through Newegg in order to compete with Amazon.com who does the same. Thus the crazy mix of reviews. I personally have been purchasing from Newegg.com over the last 20 years for my personal use and for business. Here is what I've learned. Eggsaver shipping is DHL and on the East coast for those in PA, DHL will drive from Newark to Philly which is farther away from my address to deliver the package to the Philadelphia post office to then slowly deliver it to my address north of Philly. I never use Eggsaver since it was hell when I need a part for business. DHL doesn't pick up shipments for delivery for 2 to 4 days as others have mentioned in the shipping delays that's for the free eggsaver shipping. If you pay for FedEx or UPS shipping it typically will ship next day. Deals - sign up for email deals and spend a little time reading through them. You will find some good deals just watch the S&H. You can select Free S&H during searches. Check who is selling it. If it's a company in China and it looks too good to be true - that's cause it is and you will NEVER receive that item. I and many others have complained about this to Newegg and these companies are still allowed to sell on Newegg. You take these steps and precautions when buying on eBay unfortunately Newegg no longer protects the buyer from these sellers. So you need to pay attention to who you are buying from. Rebates are tricky. Some require you mail in the UPS or copy or both of the purchase bill. Make copies of everything before sending. The US mail still "looses" a lot of mail. Some rebates come as folded post cards that look like junk mail. My unhelpful wife has thrown out many rebate checks. Some manufactures are here one week and gone the next and they won't honor the rebate - buy from companies who have existed in the market place for many years. Newegg has company and product reviews. Use them. Now the answer you have been waiting for ( lol ) I happily purchased a refurbished Dell Laptop for my son last November for Xmas. The company selling on Newegg is US Micro Corp and they still have products for sale on Newegg and they have their own store website too. Their number is 855-876-4276. They have been in business since 1995 selling refurbished tech. They have good customer service and reply quickly to questions. The packaging and condition of the Laptop I received was fantastic. I strongly recommend this company for your refurbished computer needs. So check both sites theirs and Neweggs to compare pricing and features you are looking for. Keep in mind we are past the Windows 10 free upgrade. Some refurbished only come with the Windows 7 license. So give them a call and they will hook you up. Good luck and have fun!

By David R.

Hello Dard, We are simply thanking you for placing an order with us. You should have received another few emails in the next 1-2 business days confirming the payment and providing the shipping label. -David

By Newegg S., Newegg Representative

Hello Jim, We do not install components unless it is a configurator bundle and is marked with an assembly such as this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/BOM.aspx?Item=N82E16883230087. -David

By Newegg S., Newegg Representative

Hello Matthew. We try our hardest to provide the most EGGcellent deals to our customers. Kindly, Rudy[Newegg Support]

By Newegg S., Newegg Representative

Don't do it--even if you have to pay more somewhere else.

By Kristy H.

call the corporate office, search for it on google. that is the only way to get stuff worked out. this company blows.

By Lee F.
Questions? Get answers from the Newegg staff and other customers.

5 Photos for Newegg