Review of Newegg

webmaster@newegg.com
2018 Customer choice award

ttt5
2/7/19

Recently ordered a laptop from Newegg, and it included a bunch of free promotional items. A backpack, and a free fortnite bundle.
This was Deception #1. The fortnite bundle was not free, they charged me $49.50 to my credit card for the game. This is ridiculous because Fortnite is absolutely FREE game anyone can download.

Deception #2: Shipping on the laptop was supposed to be 3 days, but they shipped it via Fedex ground which took 5 days instead of three. If I put a similar sized package into the Fedex ground system it indicates 5 days. 3 days was a lie. I was badly in need of a new laptop, and would have gladly paid for shipping, but they lied.

I got the laptop OK, but customer service was terrible. In total, I spoke to 3 customer service reps. They wouldn't refund my money, and further calls to follow up resulted in customer service re[s that argued, didn't listen, and even a supervisor (Vicky) that refused to help get my money refunded.

The free gifts are a scam they use to increase profits. I will never order from Newegg again. You are better off going to Amazon.

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hello TT,

I do apologize for any issues you had with your order and if you feel you weren't provided with the proper customer service you deserve. Please send us a private message with your order information so we can further investigate this matter for you.

dallasg19
1/15/19

Ok so lets start with i'm from Australia, newegg just recently started officially doing business here, I was looking for an external HDD, 8TB or more, I found that the seagate backup plus was a good drive, I love seagate stuff so I went looking, local stores are charging over $300 for it but then newegg popped up and had it on sale for $130ish dollars, so I think bargain, watched and read reviews it all looked good so I ordered the drive, it took about a week to get here which was fast so I assumed they had their AU warehouse up and running, opened the box and was excited until I saw the US power brick, every review i'd seen either mentioned an international power brick or showed one, the specs on the seagate site were a little less clear but every other 3.5" external drive i've ever bought had one, most tech does, but this one didn't so I talk to newegg CS chat and they suggest an RMA, so I start one, it fails before it completes, I then email newegg CS and get a reply about a week later telling me I can't RMA it, after about a month of several useless emails from several different CS staff members telling me completely different things I decide to start a paypal dispute, if newegg can't help i'm not losing money becasue of their unwillingness to do anything. After about a month of waiting paypal sides with them(obviously coerced/paid off/whatever), so i'm out $130, I can buy a power supply for around $40-$50, and last week I get another email from another CS staff member telling me if I go out and buy a power supply they'll reimburse me the cost, after the way they've dealt with this I doubt it'd would happen, there would be some loophole where they'd claim I didn't do something right or becasue I used an after market power supply the drive is now uncovered by warranty and can't be returned, this is the state of mind they've put me in. There's is way more to this story but it's way too much to be typing here.In conclusion newegg are complete untrustworthy trash, don't do business with them, there are plenty of reviews(maybe I should have done research on the site first, but i'd heard good things from people years ago, seems after new management newegg went to s**t though), bad reviews, people having terrible CS issues, incompetent staff at all levels of the business, don't waste your money, literally any other tech retailer would be better, I know this now.

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hello Dallas,

I'm so sorry to hear about the situation regarding the power supply for your hard drive. Please send us a private message so that we can discuss available options and possible solutions. I hope to hear from you soon.

philm160
1/10/19

I was positively surprised when I realised, that the Lenovo laptop I ordered arrived a full day ahead of schedule. As usual I feel privileged to be able to shop at Newegg.

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hi Phil,

We are so happy to hear that you have had another great experience with us! Thank you very much for taking the time to share this positive feedback! Happy New Year!

Lindsay [Newegg Support]
shanug
1/9/19

Very testy cake chocolate cake and flower very pretty .thank for winni.in my order online time deliveres thank you so much (parul)

justinb319
12/27/18

Ordered a Deepcool Tesseract SW Red, a mouse mat, and a 120GB SSD and it got here when they said and notified me instantly when there were issues.

eja2
12/26/18

I've been buying things from Newegg since 2006 without any major complaints, but within the past couple years their shipping times have became horrendous. I'm writing this the day after Christmas (which is understandable for there to be shipping delays and is exempt from my criticism).

I decided to enroll in the Newegg Premier program thinking that would solve my issues - but even with rush processing and overnight shipping (you have to pay for anything but their cheap-o option even with Premier) I'm getting things slower than the free shipping options (not Prime) from Amazon. It's kind of embarrassing.

After my Premier program runs out I'm not going to renew and I'll stick to Amazon. Shame really, they used to be the best place for PC parts and now I cry when the part I need/want on PCPartPicker is only available on Newegg.

I will say that their customer support is fantastic however. I've had to contact them for a part that got lost/stolen in the mail and a couple times for price matching parts and every time things were solved flawlessly, so A+ for that.

Tip for consumers: You very may well die of old age before things get to you.

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hello EJ,

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. Please send us a private message with your sales order information and we will look into this further.

Derek [Newegg Support]
corind1
12/21/18

In November (25th) I ordered a G290 xbox steering wheel for my son for xmas. I got an email a few weeks later saying that there was a delay in the order, they apologized for the order delay and that the item had been shipped.

Unfortunately during the following postal period I had moved house.

I contacted the courier to try and organise a delivery to the new address. I was told this couldn't happen as they needed authorization from Newegg. I contact Newegg who told me they couldn't authorize a change of delivery address.

Instead on Friday 21st December (today) I had to drive 2 and a half hours to the fedex depot to pick up my item.

I got back tonight and opened the item to find they had shipped a steering wheel for playstation, not xbox. I had driven 5 hours for the wrong item.

My son will now miss out on his xmas present.

Contacting support I am told I will need to pay the postage cost to send it to their local depot. They will only refund the 1st $15 of the postage cost. The box is heavy.

It has obviously been a frustrating experience for me. I will talk to my son tomorrow and tell him he will need to be patient and wait a few more weeks and find something small to give him for the interim. It sucks because he is on holidays during the Christmas week.

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hello Corin,

Derek [Newegg Support]
bobr247
11/30/18

At 6 am on the 27th I ordered a monitor. They charged my card and at 6:30am I received a conformation saying the item was expected to ship end of day on the 27th. Called them at 6am on the 29th and, after one hour on hold was promised that he would follow up with the warehouse and expedite the shipment. Said he would call, and/or email me with the updated status. Didn't happen. Called Newegg at 3:30pm on the 29th, on hold for one hour again, was told it was being shipped that day. Didn't happen. Called this morning, waited on hold for another 40 minutes, rep could not help. Waited on hold for a supervisor for another 30 minutes who told me he had no access to any more information than the rep I had just spoken to (what is his job, anyway?) and, no power to expedite the shipment of my item. The reason these companies do this to us? Because we let them. Please, people, stop letting them. I beg you!

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hello Bob.

danutp1
11/28/18

I ordered some products on Cyber Monday. The check out said two business days delivery with shop runner. Verified the ShopRunner account and all good. Paid my order. Got email where announces the shipping method is Shipping Super Eggsaver (4-7 bus. days) and the estimated to Ship Out On 11/27/2018 by the end of Day.
11/28 by the end of the day no shipping. Tried to use the chat and I was number 1040 in the queue.
Called the support. The automatic system advertised a 15 min wait.
After 55 min I got someone on the call. When I asked about the shipping issue, they said that they are busy and is nothing they can do.
I said that they advertised that they could deliver it in 2 days.
The technician hangs up on me.
I will never do business with this company.

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hello Danut.

jamess1482
11/27/18

I purchased a total of 5 Smartboards from this company, which has been a nightmare: First of all I established and account, which was deactivated two days after I registered and I called to see why my account was deactivated, after waiting online for 90 mins, no one was able to tell me what was going on with me account. Next, I used my company card to purchase the equipment, and I needed the equipment shipped to the Alexandria, VA; office, but the equipment was shipped to the billing address for my credit card, which is in Winnebago, NE. This is unsat for a company to make this type of mistake, without any kind of compensation to the customer. I had to ship the equipment from Winnebago, NE to Alexandria, VA; additional shipping cost to my company, if I didn't need the equipment to complete a install, I would have canceled the whole order, the customer department was not very helpful at all, and the verification department and the process was the pitts, I never received a call from them too straighten out my account... I really hope someone in management reads this review, because process they have in place currently is not effective at all...

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hello James.

jeffk57
11/26/18

Hey RUDY - try reading before you post another form letter?
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Attention Newegg. After 20 YEARS, I am done with you.

You will be able to look-up my recent post to customer service and my chat session - regarding Order: 423330914.

Apparently, the high standards are entirely a thing of the past.

Don't bother asking me to "reach out to customer service". I already did that. If you want to get me back, it is your turn to bend over backwards.

UPDATE: NOV 26.

Dear Rudy,

You are "looking forward to hearing from me"? Really? How charming.

You have everything that you need. The order #, associated notes, and online chat. Do your job, and review it with your manager.

At a MINIMUM, the ONLY way I am coming back to Newegg is for you to cancel the seller's account or make them fulfill the order.

I don't expect that you actually care, and all you guys do is paste that script over and over to every bad review.

Hey - don't worry - eBay and Amazon have got us covered!

Newegg
Reply from Newegg
Published 5 hours ago
Hello Jeff.

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience with the Marketplace seller. I understand that you have already reached out to customer service for assistance with unsatisfactory results. Perhaps I can be of more assistance. Please send me an email at WeCare@Newegg.com and I will be more than happy to look into your situation and explore other options. I hope to hear from you soon.

Rudy[Newegg Support]

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hello Jeff.

I do apologize for any misunderstanding in regards to previous responses. It was not my intention to make it seem like this issue is not important. We ask that you contact us via email or private message so as to not compromise your account. When you are ready, please send us a private message so that we can look into your situation and explore some possible resolutions.

katiak1
11/23/18

Apart from the customer service being rude, the fact that you can't cross border shop because their systems are stuck in the ice age is appalling for a tech company. I live on the border and haven't had this issue for years as companies have caught on that they need to accept Canadian credit cards or PayPal if they want the business. That I can send money to a friend and have it work but can't buy a monitor at their site is incredible. I will not be using them again.

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hello Katia,

I'm so sorry to her about your experience. Please send us a private message with your account information and we can look into this further. I hope to hear from you soon.

Rudy [Newegg Support]
bobbyt39
11/14/18

Good variety of products, there are even some non-tech related stuff, though I haven't tried buying those. Delivery is usually on time and the packages are in good condition.

christophera108
11/11/18

Horrible service. Ordered a receiver, not even a week passes the price is reduced and they refuse to match. They gave many rules of why, from Marciano the supervisor to the first person. They were very arrogant and did not attempt to help in any way.

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hello Christopher, I am so sorry to hear about the trouble you had while requesting a price match. May I ask you send us a private message with your order information so I may double check that for you?

christopherk58
11/10/18

On 10/30/2018 i ordered PlexDisc 4.7GB 16X DVD-R 50 Packs Logo Top Disc Model 632-810..they arrived on 11/06/18...tried a few of them and not 1 would burn..so i wrote them on an online chat,explained my situation..
annie,is whom i spoke to,who was very helpful..issued a refund..here is where it gets ugly..on my CC statement,it looks like they are trying to charge me twice..
so i opted for another online chat today(11/10/18)..spoke to Hayline this time,who was disrespectful and argued with me stating my money was issued back to me..now all the while looking at my cc statement and it still shows -6.98 instead of +6.98...i know this doesn't seems like alot of money..but the issue isnt the money,its the principle..you buy something,you expect it to function as advertised..when it doesnt,you want a refund right? well,so do i and that is how i see it and what i bought did not function like it should have. so i got the run-a-round while waiting 40+ minutes to even be acknowledged in the first place.(you are placed in a queue when you start an online chat)...anyhow...i won't be shopping at newegg.com any longer and Hayline is to blame..

Now to all you potential newegg.com shoppers out there,be warned,if you purchase something and it does not work as described...good luck in getting on your refund and you may also be charged twice for it.you would be better off shopping at an accredited place of business with good customer serve like amazon.com instead.

If i do end of finally getting my refund,to which i will not hold my breath on..i will amend this review,until then,it is true and i stand by it.

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hello Christopher,

I want to apologize for any troubles you have experienced in regards to you not receiving your refunds. This definitely does sound odd as I am showing on our end that a refund was issued back to your original form of payment. Nonetheless, I'd like to ask you send us a private message to further look into this matter for you. I look forward to your response.

brandonm98
11/7/18

Now with websites like Amazon offering 2-day free shipping with Prime, I rarely go to Newegg. When I do, I catch myself waiting long periods of time for my parts to arrive seperately.
They have a great, extensive catalog. However, the time you have to wait for parts+ price of shipping+ price of parts not always being the lowest... it seems like a very basic service these days.

Tip for consumers: Be patient.

jimd325
11/6/18

Newegg.com is committing fraud accross state lines when they offer to rush processing and don't bother to get it to fed ex that day and they took my money for next business day and sent it standard. I put aside time to wait for Fed ex. They didn't care. They wanted me to wait another day and then casually refund my shipping money. Nope. I told them to stop that package and refund my money. They refused to do that and no time on when I get it back. So I filed Federal Trade Commission, Attorney General of PA complaints and also BBB, Consumer Affairs. This is absolute fraud. They used to be great but Fed ex even noted they had to fix the label because they screwed up even putting that on my package correctly and it wouldn't scan. These people are losers. I thought they were great and used to recommend them but last two orders mixed up and they still won't fix my keyboard insurance that is put on some charging cables. No one understands me when I told them I bought insurance and they put it on the wrong thing. Again, taking my money, not listening, giving me what they want, take it or leave, we don't care...that is new egg now. I want my money back right now and I am so not taking back the complaints. The things I had to move around to wait for that package today....and I needed that, I fell for your scam. How come you losers can't even put the shipping label on right? LA-OOO-SERS

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hey there, Jim.

I'm deeply saddened to hear about the troubles that you've encountered with your recent purchase and would like to take a second look into this for you immediately. Please send our team a private message with your order details and reference this review. I'm looking forward to turning this experience around and appreciate your time.

Ernie [Newegg Support]
julioo7
10/31/18

I sometimes worry I'll be buying old tech, or getting bad quality components. Their review and comments are gold for helping me choose what to buy.

johnm276
10/21/18
• Updated review

OK, I had issues with paying. My bank flagged the transaction as fraud, so I had to call them up. NewEgg customer service responded to a text in an hour. They must be busy, but they are responsive. I would definitely order again from them.

“My payment Was Declined With No Explanation”
10/12/18
• Previous review

I ordered an i7 Pentium, or at least tried to. My first card was declined. OK, it expires next month, so maybe the problem is with me. I tried another card, and that payment was declined. They advertise good deals, but I can't figure out how they make money if they can't take payments.

After reading these reviews, I'm sort of glad my payment didn't go through.

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hello John. I am so sorry to hear about the payment issues you had with our website. We recommend giving our customer service team a call at 800-390-1119 so we can try and assist with issues such as these. I do apologize for the trouble you have been through again John. Feel free to give us a call if you have any further questions or inquiries.

phongp1
10/11/18

I have 2 orders on 10/9/2018. My orders cannot be processed but my debit card has been charged. I can not contact with Newegg on their website. They only answer once time (20/9/2018) on consumeraffairs and then disappear. Currently (12/10/2018) my orders doesn't refund.
I am extremely disappointed.
Are thay a reputable company???

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hey there!

I am sorry to hear this, however I did look at your account and no funds were taken from your card since the order voided before any funds were taken. I do suggest contacting the card issuer on the status of your pending charge and to see if they can drop the pending charge. If you do require further assistance then please send a message.-Nick
jonm207
10/11/18

So I ordered several electronic parts and the shipping was all over the place. 6 items from 5 different locations ranging from 5 to 11 days before I receive my complete order. A few years ago NewEgg was rock solid on their free "eggsaver" 3 day shipping. I guess that's behind a paywall now through their amazon prime like service. It's a shame that you have to be a member of anything to get decent shipping times. This site fast response and polite customer service but Amazon has that too and fast shipping. I hope you stay relevant enough to compete NewEgg.

bettyh112
10/10/18

I made a order for a back lit keyboard that was falsely advertised and was not back lit at all. When I tried to return it the seller tried to charge me for the cost of the return. I had to file a complaint with paypal to get my money back.

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hey there, Betty! Thank you so much for bringing this up to my attention. I'm so sorry to hear about the troubles that you've encountered with your recent purchase and would like to take a second look into this for you. Please send us a private message with your order details and reference this review. I'm looking forward to hearing from you! Thanks! - Ernie
lucad27
10/3/18

Worst customer service ever ordered a laptop on Friday 9/28 in the afternoon and paid for two day shipping. Got a tracking # that said i would receive it on Tue. 10/2 end of day. did not receive. I called 7pm 10/2 they said it was scheduled to arrive 10/2 but if I did not receive it they would refund the shipping. Called 10/3 and they said it was shipped 10/1 so it was not late I would get it 10/3. Did not get it and now called and they tell me that it shipped 10/3 and will not get till 10/5!!! this is from NJ 4 hr drive from my house, how is it coming horse and buggy???? NEVER DEALING WITH THIS COMPANY AGAIN. They have the nerve to call themselves New-egg Business, more like rotten egg business. I have cancelled my order and will be disputing ANY charge.

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hello Luca,

I want to start off by personally apologizing for the issues you had experienced while shopping with us. I want to assure you that we are definitely here to assist with whatever it may be. I would like to ask that you send us a private message with your order information so that we can look into this shipping delay for you.

endu4
9/28/18

I purchased a Hard Drive from Newegg on 7 September, the drive arrives 8 days later DOA. I requested a replacement drive. Newegg then issues a return shipping label using ground service again. Instead of shipping out a new drive once it is confirmed that the shipper had it, they wail until they receive the defective to ship out the new replacement drive. Then Instead of expediting the replacement drive using a faster shipping service they send it out using ground service again. The replacement drive arriving on October 1. Over three weeks to wait for a part to be able to fix a computer for a client, no way I can sustain my business this way. On top of that the drive is advertised and sold with a 5 year warranty, but the manufacturer WDC will not honor the 5 year warranty since the drive is classified as a OEM drive. False advertisement all the way Newegg.

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hey there!

I am sorry to hear this, and I would like to look into your order for you! Please send a private message with your order information. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Nicholas [Newegg Support]
monicar106
9/23/18

I like the fact that everything I ordered that stretches fits very well and comfortable I will order again.

393 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Just make DAMN! certain that all your business addresses are updated and all other addresses have been deleted, logged out and back in along whit control f5 forced page updates, and you take a screen snap shot of the payment conformation page before you leave that page. otherwise all newegg will do is tell you it's your fault, you overlooked something, and they will gladly walk you through it to prove to you it was your fault. If your okay with that and having to pay return shipping for damaged items, not your fault, then yes.

By Robert P.

The reason why i gave a bad review was because i ordered a phone for my wife, An I-phone 5 and NewEgg.com only sent a box with the manual and a charger for the phone. I called NewEgg.com and explained to them and they stated i needed to wait while they investigate, they never got back to me so i called them again. the person i talked to put me on hold then came back to me and stated she was checking this what was going on and kept putting me on hold for a total of 45 minutes to only come back and tell me that i need to send them a picture of the box and contents. I have no clue what my wife or children did with the box now i am screwed. 219.00 down the drain. This was the first and last purchase i will make until the get this straight.

By Cody O.

Use paypal when you buy,because if you have a serious problem Newegg will do everything it can to keep your money.The only thing they respect is getting a negative reputation with paypal.

By john b.

Pay Pal will not help you. after several hours on the phone with PayPal and which ever company you bought from, you will still ultimately get screwed by PayPal or end up waiting 2 months before you get you money back, if at all.

By Robert P.

All of the refurbished items are from a 3rd party - i.e. some other company. Unfortunately Newegg under it's current management allows any company to sell their goods through Newegg in order to compete with Amazon.com who does the same. Thus the crazy mix of reviews. I personally have been purchasing from Newegg.com over the last 20 years for my personal use and for business. Here is what I've learned. Eggsaver shipping is DHL and on the East coast for those in PA, DHL will drive from Newark to Philly which is farther away from my address to deliver the package to the Philadelphia post office to then slowly deliver it to my address north of Philly. I never use Eggsaver since it was hell when I need a part for business. DHL doesn't pick up shipments for delivery for 2 to 4 days as others have mentioned in the shipping delays that's for the free eggsaver shipping. If you pay for FedEx or UPS shipping it typically will ship next day. Deals - sign up for email deals and spend a little time reading through them. You will find some good deals just watch the S&H. You can select Free S&H during searches. Check who is selling it. If it's a company in China and it looks too good to be true - that's cause it is and you will NEVER receive that item. I and many others have complained about this to Newegg and these companies are still allowed to sell on Newegg. You take these steps and precautions when buying on eBay unfortunately Newegg no longer protects the buyer from these sellers. So you need to pay attention to who you are buying from. Rebates are tricky. Some require you mail in the UPS or copy or both of the purchase bill. Make copies of everything before sending. The US mail still "looses" a lot of mail. Some rebates come as folded post cards that look like junk mail. My unhelpful wife has thrown out many rebate checks. Some manufactures are here one week and gone the next and they won't honor the rebate - buy from companies who have existed in the market place for many years. Newegg has company and product reviews. Use them. Now the answer you have been waiting for ( lol ) I happily purchased a refurbished Dell Laptop for my son last November for Xmas. The company selling on Newegg is US Micro Corp and they still have products for sale on Newegg and they have their own store website too. Their number is 855-876-4276. They have been in business since 1995 selling refurbished tech. They have good customer service and reply quickly to questions. The packaging and condition of the Laptop I received was fantastic. I strongly recommend this company for your refurbished computer needs. So check both sites theirs and Neweggs to compare pricing and features you are looking for. Keep in mind we are past the Windows 10 free upgrade. Some refurbished only come with the Windows 7 license. So give them a call and they will hook you up. Good luck and have fun!

By David R.

Hello Dard, We are simply thanking you for placing an order with us. You should have received another few emails in the next 1-2 business days confirming the payment and providing the shipping label. -David

By Newegg S., Newegg Representative

Hello Jim, We do not install components unless it is a configurator bundle and is marked with an assembly such as this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/BOM.aspx?Item=N82E16883230087. -David

By Newegg S., Newegg Representative

Hello Harry. If you supply me with the sales order number I will look into this further for you. Kindly, Derek [Newegg Support]

By Newegg S., Newegg Representative

Hello Matthew. We try our hardest to provide the most EGGcellent deals to our customers. Kindly, Rudy[Newegg Support]

By Newegg S., Newegg Representative

Don't do it--even if you have to pay more somewhere else.

By Kristy H.
Questions? Get answers from the Newegg staff and other customers.

5 Photos for Newegg