Review of Newegg

webmaster@newegg.com
2017 Customer choice award

bobbyt39
11/14/18

Good variety of products, there are even some non-tech related stuff, though I haven't tried buying those. Delivery is usually on time and the packages are in good condition.

christophera108
11/11/18

Horrible service. Ordered a receiver, not even a week passes the price is reduced and they refuse to match. They gave many rules of why, from Marciano the supervisor to the first person. They were very arrogant and did not attempt to help in any way.

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hello Christopher, I am so sorry to hear about the trouble you had while requesting a price match. May I ask you send us a private message with your order information so I may double check that for you?

christopherk58
11/10/18

On 10/30/2018 i ordered PlexDisc 4.7GB 16X DVD-R 50 Packs Logo Top Disc Model 632-810..they arrived on 11/06/18...tried a few of them and not 1 would burn..so i wrote them on an online chat,explained my situation..
annie,is whom i spoke to,who was very helpful..issued a refund..here is where it gets ugly..on my CC statement,it looks like they are trying to charge me twice..
so i opted for another online chat today(11/10/18)..spoke to Hayline this time,who was disrespectful and argued with me stating my money was issued back to me..now all the while looking at my cc statement and it still shows -6.98 instead of +6.98...i know this doesn't seems like alot of money..but the issue isnt the money,its the principle..you buy something,you expect it to function as advertised..when it doesnt,you want a refund right? well,so do i and that is how i see it and what i bought did not function like it should have. so i got the run-a-round while waiting 40+ minutes to even be acknowledged in the first place.(you are placed in a queue when you start an online chat)...anyhow...i won't be shopping at newegg.com any longer and Hayline is to blame..

Now to all you potential newegg.com shoppers out there,be warned,if you purchase something and it does not work as described...good luck in getting on your refund and you may also be charged twice for it.you would be better off shopping at an accredited place of business with good customer serve like amazon.com instead.

If i do end of finally getting my refund,to which i will not hold my breath on..i will amend this review,until then,it is true and i stand by it.

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hello Christopher,

I want to apologize for any troubles you have experienced in regards to you not receiving your refunds. This definitely does sound odd as I am showing on our end that a refund was issued back to your original form of payment. Nonetheless, I'd like to ask you send us a private message to further look into this matter for you. I look forward to your response.

brandonm98
11/7/18

Now with websites like Amazon offering 2-day free shipping with Prime, I rarely go to Newegg. When I do, I catch myself waiting long periods of time for my parts to arrive seperately.
They have a great, extensive catalog. However, the time you have to wait for parts+ price of shipping+ price of parts not always being the lowest... it seems like a very basic service these days.

Tip for consumers: Be patient.

jimd325
11/6/18

Newegg.com is committing fraud accross state lines when they offer to rush processing and don't bother to get it to fed ex that day and they took my money for next business day and sent it standard. I put aside time to wait for Fed ex. They didn't care. They wanted me to wait another day and then casually refund my shipping money. Nope. I told them to stop that package and refund my money. They refused to do that and no time on when I get it back. So I filed Federal Trade Commission, Attorney General of PA complaints and also BBB, Consumer Affairs. This is absolute fraud. They used to be great but Fed ex even noted they had to fix the label because they screwed up even putting that on my package correctly and it wouldn't scan. These people are losers. I thought they were great and used to recommend them but last two orders mixed up and they still won't fix my keyboard insurance that is put on some charging cables. No one understands me when I told them I bought insurance and they put it on the wrong thing. Again, taking my money, not listening, giving me what they want, take it or leave, we don't care...that is new egg now. I want my money back right now and I am so not taking back the complaints. The things I had to move around to wait for that package today....and I needed that, I fell for your scam. How come you losers can't even put the shipping label on right? LA-OOO-SERS

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hey there, Jim.

I'm deeply saddened to hear about the troubles that you've encountered with your recent purchase and would like to take a second look into this for you immediately. Please send our team a private message with your order details and reference this review. I'm looking forward to turning this experience around and appreciate your time.

Ernie [Newegg Support]
julioo7
10/31/18

I sometimes worry I'll be buying old tech, or getting bad quality components. Their review and comments are gold for helping me choose what to buy.

davidg948
10/26/18

I order my PC parts frequently from the Newegg. The deliver it timely and assure that the product is well packaged to be safe from any kind of damage.

johnm276
10/21/18
• Updated review

OK, I had issues with paying. My bank flagged the transaction as fraud, so I had to call them up. NewEgg customer service responded to a text in an hour. They must be busy, but they are responsive. I would definitely order again from them.

“My payment Was Declined With No Explanation”
10/12/18
• Previous review

I ordered an i7 Pentium, or at least tried to. My first card was declined. OK, it expires next month, so maybe the problem is with me. I tried another card, and that payment was declined. They advertise good deals, but I can't figure out how they make money if they can't take payments.

After reading these reviews, I'm sort of glad my payment didn't go through.

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hello John. I am so sorry to hear about the payment issues you had with our website. We recommend giving our customer service team a call at 800-390-1119 so we can try and assist with issues such as these. I do apologize for the trouble you have been through again John. Feel free to give us a call if you have any further questions or inquiries.

phongp1
10/11/18

I have 2 orders on 10/9/2018. My orders cannot be processed but my debit card has been charged. I can not contact with Newegg on their website. They only answer once time (20/9/2018) on consumeraffairs and then disappear. Currently (12/10/2018) my orders doesn't refund.
I am extremely disappointed.
Are thay a reputable company???

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hey there!

I am sorry to hear this, however I did look at your account and no funds were taken from your card since the order voided before any funds were taken. I do suggest contacting the card issuer on the status of your pending charge and to see if they can drop the pending charge. If you do require further assistance then please send a message.-Nick
jonm207
10/11/18

So I ordered several electronic parts and the shipping was all over the place. 6 items from 5 different locations ranging from 5 to 11 days before I receive my complete order. A few years ago NewEgg was rock solid on their free "eggsaver" 3 day shipping. I guess that's behind a paywall now through their amazon prime like service. It's a shame that you have to be a member of anything to get decent shipping times. This site fast response and polite customer service but Amazon has that too and fast shipping. I hope you stay relevant enough to compete NewEgg.

bettyh112
10/10/18

I made a order for a back lit keyboard that was falsely advertised and was not back lit at all. When I tried to return it the seller tried to charge me for the cost of the return. I had to file a complaint with paypal to get my money back.

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hey there, Betty! Thank you so much for bringing this up to my attention. I'm so sorry to hear about the troubles that you've encountered with your recent purchase and would like to take a second look into this for you. Please send us a private message with your order details and reference this review. I'm looking forward to hearing from you! Thanks! - Ernie
lucad27
10/3/18

Worst customer service ever ordered a laptop on Friday 9/28 in the afternoon and paid for two day shipping. Got a tracking # that said i would receive it on Tue. 10/2 end of day. did not receive. I called 7pm 10/2 they said it was scheduled to arrive 10/2 but if I did not receive it they would refund the shipping. Called 10/3 and they said it was shipped 10/1 so it was not late I would get it 10/3. Did not get it and now called and they tell me that it shipped 10/3 and will not get till 10/5!!! this is from NJ 4 hr drive from my house, how is it coming horse and buggy???? NEVER DEALING WITH THIS COMPANY AGAIN. They have the nerve to call themselves New-egg Business, more like rotten egg business. I have cancelled my order and will be disputing ANY charge.

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hello Luca,

I want to start off by personally apologizing for the issues you had experienced while shopping with us. I want to assure you that we are definitely here to assist with whatever it may be. I would like to ask that you send us a private message with your order information so that we can look into this shipping delay for you.

endu4
9/28/18

I purchased a Hard Drive from Newegg on 7 September, the drive arrives 8 days later DOA. I requested a replacement drive. Newegg then issues a return shipping label using ground service again. Instead of shipping out a new drive once it is confirmed that the shipper had it, they wail until they receive the defective to ship out the new replacement drive. Then Instead of expediting the replacement drive using a faster shipping service they send it out using ground service again. The replacement drive arriving on October 1. Over three weeks to wait for a part to be able to fix a computer for a client, no way I can sustain my business this way. On top of that the drive is advertised and sold with a 5 year warranty, but the manufacturer WDC will not honor the 5 year warranty since the drive is classified as a OEM drive. False advertisement all the way Newegg.

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hey there!

I am sorry to hear this, and I would like to look into your order for you! Please send a private message with your order information. Looking forward to hearing from you!

monicar106
9/23/18

I like the fact that everything I ordered that stretches fits very well and comfortable I will order again.

ianf72
9/18/18

I had the computer from Newegg since May 26, 2018 and by August the hard drive, made by Seagate was not working. Newegg said it is not their problem since Seagate made the drive and could/would not help. Seagate requires ridiculous packaging for returns that would cost more than $200, more than the cost of a hard drive.

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hello Ian,

I am so sorry to hear about the issue you had with your computer and the failed drive. Please send us a private message with your order information so we can look further into this as well as referencing this post.

aralynh
9/11/18

I purchased refurbished computer And I shipped computer back to reseller as the keys keys stuck. I emailed, called, begged to do price adjustment so I could keep computer that had already been loaded with my stuff and get it repaired on my end, I sent it back but without box it came in. They refused return, I was going to return again with box but they said they would give me my money, I then sent it back again and they would not refund money but kept the computer, After 5 months with credit card refusal on my end I was able to get my money. They have no customer service and it is like dealing with non existent company. DO NOY BUY FROM THEM.

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hey there, Aralyn!

Thank you very much for bringing this up to my attention. I'm very sorry to hear about the experience that you've had with us and would be more than happy to assist you. When the time permits, please send us a private message and reference this post to proceed. I'm looking forward to hearing from you!

Ernie [Newegg Support]
morrisu3
9/5/18
• Updated review

Posted a early review about a horrible buying experience, receiving damaged and defective product from Newegg and only getting excuses with no resolution. They replied saying they would handle it or refund. That is a lie!! Do not believe the replies Newegg post. On the phone today with a Rep and manager and the manager not only would not send replacement at same cost but called me a liar and tried to charge me more for the item I already paid for. Then when I told him I was promised it would be expedited for free he again called me a liar. Worse buying experience ever!! Total nightmare! DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY AND DO NOT BELIEVE THEIR REPLIES TO CUSTOMERS!!

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hey there Morris. I am sorry to hear about this but I did locate your account and I do see you have spoken to an agent already. If you still require further assistance, then please send a private message.

Nicholas [Newegg Support]
“Damaged & Defective Products and Horrible Customer Support & Resolutions!”
9/4/18
• Previous review

Purchased two Klipsch Icon KF-28 Dual 8" 2-way Floorstanding Speakers on 8/4/18. They were delivered by Fedx all busted up and destroyed. Fedx driver told me to contact Newegg. Newegg had me send photos of all the damage so I did. After several days they got back with me and told me they would send replacements. I asked that they send UPS and mark them as fragile. Few days later fedx showed up and showed me again that the packaging was destroyed and the speakers were all busted up. Newegg customer service had me send photos again and this time stated they would get it right. At this point I have been charged for three speakers when I only purchased two, only have 1 good speaker delivered and over three weeks later they are still giving me excuses to why I have not received my order or refund. They have lied to me, not return phone calls and on 9/3/18 I emailed replyied a rep that lied about inventory and told her if I did not receive a actual phone call from someone resolving this issue I would be posting negative reviews. As you can see they do not care. Horrible products because of being defective or damaged and also horrible customer service. Still have not received full refund or replacement!!

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hello Morris,

I am terribly sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your most recent purchase. I can understand your frustration. I was able to look into your inquiry further, and it does appear that as of 8/30/2018 your refund has been submitted back to your original form of payment. Please allow 3-5 business days for it to be available in your account. We do apologize for the delay in response, as we are coming off a 3 day weekend, and were closed on 9/3/2018 for the national holiday. If you have any additional questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to wecare@newegg.com, and we will be more than happy to assist you. -Derek [Newegg Support]
yayar2
8/22/18

prateekc
8/21/18

The platform is pro-seller and anti-buyer. I had an issue where the seller shipped a completely wrong item. Newegg sided with seller and denied my claim. Thanks Heavens that I had Paypal and my Visa credit card in between and they are still working on the case. The outcome is awaited but overall, Newegg did not own any responsibility and closed the case as such. Despite of me having provided with all relevant pictures (right of the time item was received). I will NEVER EVER buy stuff again from newegg.com.

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hello Prateek,

It is truly disheartening to hear about the trouble you have experienced in attempting to resolve this matter. I am terribly sorry to know that this has happened. Our records indicate that you have been in contact with Newegg via Reseller Ratings and a mutual agreement has been reached. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have any additional questions or concerns. You may follow this link to our site: https://goo.gl/s2YABE to find other means in which you may contact us!

Regards,
Liam [Newegg Support]
anisea
8/17/18

I purchased a couple of items from NewEgg and specifically from one of their seller Fastmedia. They sent the item to the wrong address twice. by this time 3 weeks had gone by and I not longer wanted the items and requested to cancel. a week later they stilled shipped out the item. I returned the items per their request to return to sender. after 2 months they had still not refunded me. Claimed they never got their packages back.
I was very disappointed that NewEgg didn't step up to help me deal with this seller. I felt NewEgg was thaking their side. finally after 3 months FedEx verified that the items were in fact returned and i finally got a refund. I am just really surprized that NewEgg failed to take care of the issue and will probally do nothing to punish the seller for incompetence. It's too bad, I used to like NewEgg, but will never buy or recommend them in the future.

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hey there Anise!

I am very sorry to hear this has occurred and I would be happy to assist. Please send a private message with your order information. Looking forward to hearing from you!

raneea
8/7/18

Okay. Tried a couple pieces of tech from them. Good. Once in a while you'll occasionally get a bad item. No problem just happily send it back for credit or a replacement. So-so customer service. Recommended over Best Buy. Sort of done with Best Buy. They seem to be living in the past. Newegg has current day technology at average prices. Would recommend

matthews334
8/3/18

I found out about newegg.com from a friend years ago. The site is my go to for any and all tech products, I have purchased RAM, laptops, cameras, etc. Every experience has exceeded my expectations. The prices offered for products cannot be beat and,my purchases arrived very quickly. I have never had a negative experience with the site.

gilsono1
8/2/18

Ótimo camiseta manga longa , tenho que admitir que superou minhas expectativas , sobre entrega chegou bem antes prazo.
Número pedido 1806251029842420

stephenh303
7/9/18

I purchased a "NIB" Asus ROG Rampage V edition 10 motherboard ($500) on 5/30/18. It was obvious that this was an open box as it was missing things, even the antistatic bag.
The MB was defective (wonder why it was returned in the first place!). I was issued an RMA by Newegg. After returning the MB back to Newegg at my cost, they "rejected" the claim based on a rebate being available. At this time, the rebate was not longer offered. Newegg returned the MB and stated that I had to send the MB to ASUS. 2 weeks later, the MB arrived and now I had to send it off to ASUS at my cost.
As of this writing, I still do not have a MB and I am out $500 thanks to Newegg.
I did file a complaint with the BBB and the AZ Attorney General's office. The BBB has responded, then Newegg stating that they wished I did not take that approach.
All I want is what I paid for. Had Newegg just exchanged the MB, I would not be writing this.

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hello Stephen,

I am very sorry to hear about the difficulties you have encountered in attempting to resolve this matter. I would recommend checking the BBB case for any additional questions or concerns.

Regards,
Liam [Newegg Support]
lionelg13
6/30/18

They've always been reliable. Even when something goes wrong they fix the problem. One of my favorite places to shop for computer parts.

393 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Just make DAMN! certain that all your business addresses are updated and all other addresses have been deleted, logged out and back in along whit control f5 forced page updates, and you take a screen snap shot of the payment conformation page before you leave that page. otherwise all newegg will do is tell you it's your fault, you overlooked something, and they will gladly walk you through it to prove to you it was your fault. If your okay with that and having to pay return shipping for damaged items, not your fault, then yes.

By Robert P.

The reason why i gave a bad review was because i ordered a phone for my wife, An I-phone 5 and NewEgg.com only sent a box with the manual and a charger for the phone. I called NewEgg.com and explained to them and they stated i needed to wait while they investigate, they never got back to me so i called them again. the person i talked to put me on hold then came back to me and stated she was checking this what was going on and kept putting me on hold for a total of 45 minutes to only come back and tell me that i need to send them a picture of the box and contents. I have no clue what my wife or children did with the box now i am screwed. 219.00 down the drain. This was the first and last purchase i will make until the get this straight.

By Cody O.

Use paypal when you buy,because if you have a serious problem Newegg will do everything it can to keep your money.The only thing they respect is getting a negative reputation with paypal.

By john b.

Pay Pal will not help you. after several hours on the phone with PayPal and which ever company you bought from, you will still ultimately get screwed by PayPal or end up waiting 2 months before you get you money back, if at all.

By Robert P.

All of the refurbished items are from a 3rd party - i.e. some other company. Unfortunately Newegg under it's current management allows any company to sell their goods through Newegg in order to compete with Amazon.com who does the same. Thus the crazy mix of reviews. I personally have been purchasing from Newegg.com over the last 20 years for my personal use and for business. Here is what I've learned. Eggsaver shipping is DHL and on the East coast for those in PA, DHL will drive from Newark to Philly which is farther away from my address to deliver the package to the Philadelphia post office to then slowly deliver it to my address north of Philly. I never use Eggsaver since it was hell when I need a part for business. DHL doesn't pick up shipments for delivery for 2 to 4 days as others have mentioned in the shipping delays that's for the free eggsaver shipping. If you pay for FedEx or UPS shipping it typically will ship next day. Deals - sign up for email deals and spend a little time reading through them. You will find some good deals just watch the S&H. You can select Free S&H during searches. Check who is selling it. If it's a company in China and it looks too good to be true - that's cause it is and you will NEVER receive that item. I and many others have complained about this to Newegg and these companies are still allowed to sell on Newegg. You take these steps and precautions when buying on eBay unfortunately Newegg no longer protects the buyer from these sellers. So you need to pay attention to who you are buying from. Rebates are tricky. Some require you mail in the UPS or copy or both of the purchase bill. Make copies of everything before sending. The US mail still "looses" a lot of mail. Some rebates come as folded post cards that look like junk mail. My unhelpful wife has thrown out many rebate checks. Some manufactures are here one week and gone the next and they won't honor the rebate - buy from companies who have existed in the market place for many years. Newegg has company and product reviews. Use them. Now the answer you have been waiting for ( lol ) I happily purchased a refurbished Dell Laptop for my son last November for Xmas. The company selling on Newegg is US Micro Corp and they still have products for sale on Newegg and they have their own store website too. Their number is 855-876-4276. They have been in business since 1995 selling refurbished tech. They have good customer service and reply quickly to questions. The packaging and condition of the Laptop I received was fantastic. I strongly recommend this company for your refurbished computer needs. So check both sites theirs and Neweggs to compare pricing and features you are looking for. Keep in mind we are past the Windows 10 free upgrade. Some refurbished only come with the Windows 7 license. So give them a call and they will hook you up. Good luck and have fun!

By David R.

Hello Dard, We are simply thanking you for placing an order with us. You should have received another few emails in the next 1-2 business days confirming the payment and providing the shipping label. -David

By Newegg S., Newegg Representative

Hello Jim, We do not install components unless it is a configurator bundle and is marked with an assembly such as this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/BOM.aspx?Item=N82E16883230087. -David

By Newegg S., Newegg Representative

Hello Matthew. We try our hardest to provide the most EGGcellent deals to our customers. Kindly, Rudy[Newegg Support]

By Newegg S., Newegg Representative

Don't do it--even if you have to pay more somewhere else.

By Kristy H.

call the corporate office, search for it on google. that is the only way to get stuff worked out. this company blows.

By Lee F.
Questions? Get answers from the Newegg staff and other customers.

5 Photos for Newegg