Review of Newegg

webmaster@newegg.com
2018 Customer choice award

alexd311
7/18/19

It's Amazon for just tech. Also frequently has deals. I go here to pc parts or extra peripheral items for my desktop.

benn65
7/18/19

Newegg Customer service used to be the best in the industry. Most recent purchase was a disaster. Newegg recalled the package, as I'm home waiting for it to arrive (taking time off of work). Reps gave me the run around on the reason. As much as I hate buying from them, Amazon is the way to go on price/customer service.

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hello Ben,

Sorry to hear you ran into issues with our customer service agents and that your package was recalled back to us. I would love to look into this further. When time permits, send a private message with your sales order information. I look forward to hearing back from you.

austinh89
6/27/19

First of all they are slow. Customer service is not good. Prices are not competitive. I don't need to pay sales tax for California which is good.

tonyaf30
6/26/19

This site use to be awesome, But lately they take like 2 weeks to get something. The user experience is still great on the site, and I often browse the site than find the product in amazon and order it there.

matthewj131
6/2/19

Warning! Do not buy open box items on Newegg! Buy used electronics on eBay instead! Customer service can't tell you what is included with whatever you are purchasing! Reputable eBay sellers will tell you every detail about what you are purchasing! I bought an open box MSI Performance Gaming B350M Gaming Pro motherboard off of Newegg, and on top of not including the motherboard IO shield (motherboard backplate), it also did not include the AM4 heatsink retention bracket, which is supposedly nothing more than an accessory according to Newegg's open box policy! According to them it is a nicety that is not required to use the motherboard!

jimd380
5/23/19

They had the wrong WIFI Card listed for my computer. I ordered it, and didn't receive a packing slip so didn't have an order number. When I tried to reach "Customer Service," the system said Item was "not eligible" for return. When I tried to reach a human "Customer Service" agent by pressing "2," the system said, "The number is no longer in service". WTF?? Avoid newegg unless you like being ripped off!

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hello Jim,
Sorry to hear about the mistake with your new computer. I would be happy to look into this further. When time permits send me a private message with your sales order information. Also, for future references, our customer service can be reached by phone at our toll-free number (800)390-1119.
cherylk150
5/22/19

These people lie- said they issued a refund on the 23rd of May- It's the 31st, no refund. Checked with my credit card company, no refund has been issued. 20 emails later, all BS. Will never buy from a company like this again no matter what the price is- AMAZON ALL THE WAY.

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hello Cheryl.
I apologize for the issues you have faced since your recent purchase. I would love to look into this further to get you a resolution. When time permits, send me a private message with your sales order number. I look forward to hearing back from you.
Regards,
garyl334
5/20/19

Have bought from the company numerous times. They offer deals from time to time but you have to be careful and check elsewhere. They were much better with deals that couldn't be matched in the past. Not so much any more. There is far more competition in there area online now. Where they particularly stumble is with their customer service. Where I did have a problem either with a product, shipment , return or whatever they were always quick to make you do the heavy lifting in getting a problem rectified. You needed to push then too often to get your problem resolved. They are not a golden rule type of customer service orientation. I do less business with them now then I used to. They do however have a wide variety of products available and is a good place to research a product

Tip for consumers: Caveat Emptor

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hello Gary.
Sorry to hear you ran into issues with our customer service agents. I would love to look into this further. When time permits, send a private message with your sales order information. I look forward to hearing back from you.
faisalj3
5/10/19

Items look good. Have a lot of potential based on the comments. Interested in the products. Might consider to buy in future. All the best.

jonardt
5/7/19

Ordered a a lenovo laptop, a mouse mat, and a 500gb hdd, a cooling fan, and it got here when they said and notified me instantly when there were issues.

babab5
5/1/19

Newegg sold me a computer for 1090$. I payed for all of it, and when I opened the box I saw they sent me the wrong model!
When I red the reviews, I saw that many people received the same wrong model!

I returned it immediately, after they apologized and promised me a full refund. Buy after a week they returned only 850$, saying that they charge me 200$ "restocking fee" for their mistake! and the 15$ I payed to return the item? never saw them again.

NEWEGG STOLE 215$ dollars from me! DONT BUY FROM THEM!

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hello,

Sorry to hear that you were having issues with your most recent purchase, and return

I would love to look into this further on your behalf. Simply reply with a private message and be sure to include your recent sales order number.

jerryp184
4/30/19

Just madde a purchase of a HP color laser jet printer from Newegg and it
wouldn't even power on. Called and was told it wasn't their problem,
it was a "third party seller's" issue and I would have to pay the
shipping to send it back, needless to say a 50 lb printer is pretty
costly. No customer service. First person I spoke to was exceptionally
rude and obnoxious, second, not so much but pretty ignorant of the
company's policy. Don't believe the guarantees, etc, the company relies
on you not reading all of the return policies prior to your purchase,
by then its all too late, and they ripped you off. Worst kind of
cheats, grifters, and swindlers. BEWARE AND GO ELSEWHERE!

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hello Jerry,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues returning your jet printer. I would like to look into this issue further on your behalf. Please send a private message with your sales order information when time permits.

feliciap31
4/14/19

Newegg might be cheaper sometimes but I highly recommend no longer buying from them. They sent me a faulty motherboard. I shipped it back over a week ago. They state that they wont be able to even ship me out one until their 'inspection process' is finished which wont be done for another three days. Then their shipping time is terrible so I'm basically out a motherboard for a MONTH. Because it's 'replacement only returns' they wont even consider giving me my money back even though they sent me a faulty product.

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hi Felicia,

I am so sorry you did not receive the assistance you deserve. I'd like to take a look at your case and ask you please private message me your order information so we can try and sort this out for you.

davidf771
3/29/19

I have ordered from Newegg several times and there are never any big surprises. I just get what I order, when they said I will receive it.

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hi David,

I do apologize for the delayed response. We are so happy to hear that you have had another great experience with us! Thank you very much for taking the time to share this positive feedback! Have a wonderful day!

Best,

mikep552
3/12/19

trying to return a product is like pulling teeth or herding cats. RIDICULOUS
DON'T ORDER FROM THESE AMATEURS.
AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL.
I have sent multiple emails, tried chatting twice and have been on the phone 3 times.
All to return $34 in product.
NEVER AGAIN

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hi Mike,

billk227
3/11/19

I placed an order with Newegg on 3/3, and noticed that Newegg hadn't even shipped it by 3/7 - so I contacted Newegg customer service to check on the status, as I really needed this part ASAP.

I used the Newegg customer service chat option, and was put in touch with somebody named "Iverson" after a short wait. Iverson assured me that my item would ship soon, and that I would definitely have it before 3/13. That is still a very long time to wait compared to Amazon, but I didn't cancel the order because as long as I had the item by 3/15 I'd be ok.

I checked the shipping status this morning, and Fedex indicates that my item will arrive on 3/19. That is nearly ONE FULL WEEK after Newegg's customer service rep promised that I'd have the item by, and is well past the date that I actually need the item by.

The Newegg CSR simply lied to me to prevent me canceling the order! I'll never deal with a company this dishonest again - the same item was a few dollars more on Amazon, and Amazon consistently gets items to me within 48 hours and has excellent customer service whenever I need it.

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hello Bill,

I am so sorry to hear about the shipping issues you had with your order. Please send us a private message with your order information and full name so we can take a look into this for you.

bettyb182
3/11/19

My son got a Newegg open box cyberpowerPC desktop for Xmas 2018 for $779.00 (sale price $850.Oo) from Santa . He didn't use it until February 2019. He only used it 3 times before the computer didn't turn on. It was "blue screen." My son was said and disappointed that a company like this would sell a product that breaks less than 2 months (3 times of using it). I emailed their NewEgg customer service team, and they said "it's pass the 30 days. You'll have to contact the manufacturer." (It was a Xmas present...REALLLY). I said "I don't understand how an "openbox" product can break only after using it for 3 times. I bought open box from bestbuy and walmart and never had it break on me (after 5 years usage yes). Then I asked how many times has the product been return to them. They couldn't tell me. Then I asked what was the reasons for the return. They couldn't tell me. Now, I know when they have a "30 days" policy. They good doesn't last past that time period. If I buy electronic from other companies like Best Buy, they would take the product back and have me pay a restocking fee or at least trade it in for a working one. Not have me call tech support. Be care of their return policy. Even if you return it within the 30 days, it's up to them to accept your return once you pay for your own shipping to ship it back to them. Don't forget..it's critical to keep their box too if you want anything compensation. If that's the kind of product and BS, you want to go thru then so be it. I wOULD NOT RECOMMEND NEWEGG TO ANYONE. The open box vs the sale price is only about $70.00 difference. Newegg rather lose a customer by not standing by their product vs fixing the issue. They are a computer company that's what they do "fix and resale computers"...etc. I GUESS WE GOT WHAT WE PAID FOR...JUNK. I wonder what would happen if we bought it at the sale price and the same thing happens. Then we would be out of $850.00 instead of $779.00 and we would still have to go through the BS... "30 days policy." No wonder people shop at Amazon and other big companies because they know their customer satisfactions comes first. If NEWEGG is a mom and pop shop, well, they're giving them a bad name... DON'T SHOP AT NEWEGG UNLESS YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THEIR BS RETURN POLICY AND LOSE OUT ON YOUR HARD EARN MONEY. Pay it forward.

colleens41
3/5/19

I ordered a laptop through a third-party seller (Atlantic Electronics) with Microsoft Office software on Newegg. I received the laptop and installed the software. Unfortunately, the laptop kept shutting down without warning almost immediately. I had to return the laptop for a refund. However, I only received a refund for the laptop, not the $129 Microsoft software. I tried in vein to get a new code, store credit, anything to rectify the situation. I was told repeatedly that all software was non-refundable (even if it was defective and/or installed on a defective device purchased at the same time). So, Newegg sold me a faulty computer, which ate my perfectly good one-time use software and they are not willing to at all rectify the situation?

Do yourself a favor and go shop at Amazon for electronics. They have excellent customer service and logical return policies.

Order #437381151

zackh37
2/22/19

Newegg customer service is much bad than before. I tried to get my gift card refund. All customer service representative behave like a machine, only repeat what they said and cant give you other choice. I will no longer buy from Newegg again. Newegg's business is on down hill.

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hello Zack,

I do apologize for any trouble you've had with a recent order with us. Please send us a private message with your order information so we can look further into that for you.

ttt5
2/7/19

Recently ordered a laptop from Newegg, and it included a bunch of free promotional items. A backpack, and a free fortnite bundle.
This was Deception #1. The fortnite bundle was not free, they charged me $49.50 to my credit card for the game. This is ridiculous because Fortnite is absolutely FREE game anyone can download.

Deception #2: Shipping on the laptop was supposed to be 3 days, but they shipped it via Fedex ground which took 5 days instead of three. If I put a similar sized package into the Fedex ground system it indicates 5 days. 3 days was a lie. I was badly in need of a new laptop, and would have gladly paid for shipping, but they lied.

I got the laptop OK, but customer service was terrible. In total, I spoke to 3 customer service reps. They wouldn't refund my money, and further calls to follow up resulted in customer service re[s that argued, didn't listen, and even a supervisor (Vicky) that refused to help get my money refunded.

The free gifts are a scam they use to increase profits. I will never order from Newegg again. You are better off going to Amazon.

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hello TT,

I do apologize for any issues you had with your order and if you feel you weren't provided with the proper customer service you deserve. Please send us a private message with your order information so we can further investigate this matter for you.

dallasg19
1/15/19

Ok so lets start with i'm from Australia, newegg just recently started officially doing business here, I was looking for an external HDD, 8TB or more, I found that the seagate backup plus was a good drive, I love seagate stuff so I went looking, local stores are charging over $300 for it but then newegg popped up and had it on sale for $130ish dollars, so I think bargain, watched and read reviews it all looked good so I ordered the drive, it took about a week to get here which was fast so I assumed they had their AU warehouse up and running, opened the box and was excited until I saw the US power brick, every review i'd seen either mentioned an international power brick or showed one, the specs on the seagate site were a little less clear but every other 3.5" external drive i've ever bought had one, most tech does, but this one didn't so I talk to newegg CS chat and they suggest an RMA, so I start one, it fails before it completes, I then email newegg CS and get a reply about a week later telling me I can't RMA it, after about a month of several useless emails from several different CS staff members telling me completely different things I decide to start a paypal dispute, if newegg can't help i'm not losing money becasue of their unwillingness to do anything. After about a month of waiting paypal sides with them(obviously coerced/paid off/whatever), so i'm out $130, I can buy a power supply for around $40-$50, and last week I get another email from another CS staff member telling me if I go out and buy a power supply they'll reimburse me the cost, after the way they've dealt with this I doubt it'd would happen, there would be some loophole where they'd claim I didn't do something right or becasue I used an after market power supply the drive is now uncovered by warranty and can't be returned, this is the state of mind they've put me in. There's is way more to this story but it's way too much to be typing here.In conclusion newegg are complete untrustworthy trash, don't do business with them, there are plenty of reviews(maybe I should have done research on the site first, but i'd heard good things from people years ago, seems after new management newegg went to s**t though), bad reviews, people having terrible CS issues, incompetent staff at all levels of the business, don't waste your money, literally any other tech retailer would be better, I know this now.

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hello Dallas,

I'm so sorry to hear about the situation regarding the power supply for your hard drive. Please send us a private message so that we can discuss available options and possible solutions. I hope to hear from you soon.

Rudy[Newegg Support]
philm160
1/10/19

I was positively surprised when I realised, that the Lenovo laptop I ordered arrived a full day ahead of schedule. As usual I feel privileged to be able to shop at Newegg.

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hi Phil,

We are so happy to hear that you have had another great experience with us! Thank you very much for taking the time to share this positive feedback! Happy New Year!

Lindsay [Newegg Support]
justinb319
12/27/18

Ordered a Deepcool Tesseract SW Red, a mouse mat, and a 120GB SSD and it got here when they said and notified me instantly when there were issues.

eja2
12/26/18

I've been buying things from Newegg since 2006 without any major complaints, but within the past couple years their shipping times have became horrendous. I'm writing this the day after Christmas (which is understandable for there to be shipping delays and is exempt from my criticism).

I decided to enroll in the Newegg Premier program thinking that would solve my issues - but even with rush processing and overnight shipping (you have to pay for anything but their cheap-o option even with Premier) I'm getting things slower than the free shipping options (not Prime) from Amazon. It's kind of embarrassing.

After my Premier program runs out I'm not going to renew and I'll stick to Amazon. Shame really, they used to be the best place for PC parts and now I cry when the part I need/want on PCPartPicker is only available on Newegg.

I will say that their customer support is fantastic however. I've had to contact them for a part that got lost/stolen in the mail and a couple times for price matching parts and every time things were solved flawlessly, so A+ for that.

Tip for consumers: You very may well die of old age before things get to you.

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hello EJ,

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. Please send us a private message with your sales order information and we will look into this further.

corind1
12/21/18

In November (25th) I ordered a G290 xbox steering wheel for my son for xmas. I got an email a few weeks later saying that there was a delay in the order, they apologized for the order delay and that the item had been shipped.

Unfortunately during the following postal period I had moved house.

I contacted the courier to try and organise a delivery to the new address. I was told this couldn't happen as they needed authorization from Newegg. I contact Newegg who told me they couldn't authorize a change of delivery address.

Instead on Friday 21st December (today) I had to drive 2 and a half hours to the fedex depot to pick up my item.

I got back tonight and opened the item to find they had shipped a steering wheel for playstation, not xbox. I had driven 5 hours for the wrong item.

My son will now miss out on his xmas present.

Contacting support I am told I will need to pay the postage cost to send it to their local depot. They will only refund the 1st $15 of the postage cost. The box is heavy.

It has obviously been a frustrating experience for me. I will talk to my son tomorrow and tell him he will need to be patient and wait a few more weeks and find something small to give him for the interim. It sucks because he is on holidays during the Christmas week.

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hello Corin,

393 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Just make DAMN! certain that all your business addresses are updated and all other addresses have been deleted, logged out and back in along whit control f5 forced page updates, and you take a screen snap shot of the payment conformation page before you leave that page. otherwise all newegg will do is tell you it's your fault, you overlooked something, and they will gladly walk you through it to prove to you it was your fault. If your okay with that and having to pay return shipping for damaged items, not your fault, then yes.

By Robert P.

The reason why i gave a bad review was because i ordered a phone for my wife, An I-phone 5 and NewEgg.com only sent a box with the manual and a charger for the phone. I called NewEgg.com and explained to them and they stated i needed to wait while they investigate, they never got back to me so i called them again. the person i talked to put me on hold then came back to me and stated she was checking this what was going on and kept putting me on hold for a total of 45 minutes to only come back and tell me that i need to send them a picture of the box and contents. I have no clue what my wife or children did with the box now i am screwed. 219.00 down the drain. This was the first and last purchase i will make until the get this straight.

By Cody O.

Use paypal when you buy,because if you have a serious problem Newegg will do everything it can to keep your money.The only thing they respect is getting a negative reputation with paypal.

By john b.

Pay Pal will not help you. after several hours on the phone with PayPal and which ever company you bought from, you will still ultimately get screwed by PayPal or end up waiting 2 months before you get you money back, if at all.

By Robert P.

Reputable sellers on eBay are cheaper, and sellers will give you details about whatever refurbished computer, or electronics you choose to purchase from them! Newegg customer service is awful, and they are horrible about giving buyers needed details about refurbished computers, or any electronics you choose to purchase from them! I would rather do business with eBay instead of Newegg!

By Matthew J.

Hello Dard, We are simply thanking you for placing an order with us. You should have received another few emails in the next 1-2 business days confirming the payment and providing the shipping label. -David

By Newegg S., Newegg Representative

Hello Jim, We do not install components unless it is a configurator bundle and is marked with an assembly such as this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/BOM.aspx?Item=N82E16883230087. -David

By Newegg S., Newegg Representative

Hello Harry. If you supply me with the sales order number I will look into this further for you. Kindly, Derek [Newegg Support]

By Newegg S., Newegg Representative

Hello Matthew. We try our hardest to provide the most EGGcellent deals to our customers. Kindly, Rudy[Newegg Support]

By Newegg S., Newegg Representative

Don't do it--even if you have to pay more somewhere else.

By Kristy H.
Questions? Get answers from the Newegg staff and other customers.

12 Photos for Newegg