Review of Newegg

Whittier, California, USA
2017 Customer choice award

ronl58
12/13/17

Newegg is nothing more than a broker. When you need to return that say contact the manufacturer. Never buy from this company go to Amazon

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hello Ron,

I am sorry to hear this and I would be happy to assist you further. Can you please send me your order number through a private message so I can assist you further. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Nicholas [Newegg Support]
denisl28
12/12/17

This company only lying customers! I bought TV from them, but get TV with inactive display. After I submitted request about TV returning, "Newegg" start playing with me games. The case is that by USA low, the seller responsible for all additional charges which is related with returning items transportation. Now I can NOT get free returning labels already two weeks.

Recommendations: Be careful with this company!!!

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hello Denis,

I am sorry to hear about this return issue and I would be happy to assist you. Can you please send a private message to me with your order information? Looking forward to hearing from you.

Nicholas [Newegg Support]
davidg466
12/5/17

Thanks for accepting bitcoin!!! It makes it so much easier when electronic components can be safely directly purchased with cryptocurrencies

stevenh161
12/1/17

Clean transaction, good website navigation, and search. Strong selection of computer parts, many are harder to find elsewhere

jonathanb143
11/27/17

Typically I've had good experience but 2 times in a row now is enough for me to not continue to do business with them. They spam your email with supposed deals, often twice daily, making it near impossible to determine when is the right to buy an item. You then trust that they will not continue to undercut their own pricing within the same month but they do and then cite the loopholes in their PriceMatch policy. Warning! Expect to feel ripped off as they continue to lower the prices on your major purchase and fail to understand the customer's aggravation and feelings of betrayal. Bottom line...they got your money and don't care about keeping customers. I purchased a PC and 18 days later they offered the same item for $200 less! Wouldn't budge on adjusting the price and didn't give a rat's butt since soon after the product was sold out. Company has really gone downhill! Stay Away!

juanc117
11/26/17

Los precios en las pantallas de TV, comunicación, telefonía y sistemas de cómputo a los mejores precios en la misma tienda y los podemos tener en casa hasta en dos días justamente para reponer nuestros viejos equipos. Las ofertas a precios inigualables.

josephp119
11/21/17

Wide selection and fast delivery but bad customer service. Ordered a PC on 10/24/17 for $1299 and on 11/19/17 it went down to $1099. I chatted with customer service and they told me to send it back and to order another the new one at the lower price. They sent me a RMA and call tag and I thought at this point my experience was awesome but then I read that there was a 25% restocking fee which the rep forgot to mention. I called again asking to get some kind of refund and the best they offered was a gift card. I called the next day and spoke with a manager who recited how their price match policy says "only within 14 days" but I reminded her that policy only stated for competitors and not their own merchandise, since this was sold and shipped by Newegg. In the end she wouldn't budge. Then there was the $500 monitor that I bought through Newegg but was shipped by Pixio and had crackling noises, lots of screen clouding, and had issues with the displayport. I asked Newegg for an RMA but never got a response, emailed again never got a response, and finally live chatted with them and they said there would be a restocking fee! I contacted Pixio (BTW they are great) and they said they would replace the monitor for free and said they normally don't do this but they understand how Newegg can be very difficult (how did they read my mind). Overall I got the items I wanted but Newegg's customer service and return policy are very lacking. Next time I will probably go though Amazon or pay the premium and go big box store for the security of returning/exchanging an item and price matching.

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hello Joseph, I am deeply troubled hearing this experience you have received and I would love to speak to you about this issue. If you can please send us an email at Wecare@newegg.com referencing this post and an order number. Looking forward to hearing from you.-Nick [Newegg Support]
michaelt250
11/17/17

I recently purchased a refurbished video card from Newegg. After getting the rest of the parts for my computer and assembling it, I soon discovered it was not functioning correctly and crashing when I tried to run videogames. After some troubleshooting, I verified that the problem was the graphics card. I contacted Newegg and they refused to refund my purchase because it was outside of their 30 day return policy period.
I did not receive the product I paid for (a functioning graphics card) and yet they refuse to allow me to return the product. Terrible customer service and policies. I am now out $180 and I plan on warning everyone away from using Newegg. 0/10 would not recommend to a friend.

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Oh no! I’m so sorry to hear about this Michael! I’d love to take care of this for you, please send us an email to wecare@newegg.com with the order information so we can look into this matter further. I look forward to hearing from you soon! –Ellia [ Newegg Support]
alberts87
11/1/17

I have built 3 gaming computers and also did up grades on several others with parts from Newegg

Best prices i can find on what i want

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hey Albert! We're excited to hear you were able to take advantage of our deals! If you have questions or concerns at this time, you're more than welcome to send an email to us at wecare@newegg.com. Happy Shopping! -Ellia
jamesh507
10/29/17

The reason why I think this site is so wonderful is because it is easy to order and it has all the information you need to be comfortable, for example: Date Arrivals and Payment Charges

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hi James! We're glad to hear that your recent visit to the Newegg website was an effortless experience! We strive to keep our customers well informed, should need any assistance or have any questions, feel free to send us an email to wecare@Newegg.com. -Ellia
remcod6
10/26/17

Everything was fine until I had to return something, then all chaos broke loose, lots of back and forth, 10s of emails and chats and calls and no new and working parts. Boohooo.

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hi Remco d, It sounds like you are having some difficulty with your RMA. If you would send me an email with the RMA # and a link to this post, I would gladly look into the issue for you. Please send the email to WeCare@Newegg.com, Attn: Vickie. I look forward to being able to help you out. - Vickie
gabrielg50
10/4/17

1. You promised no handling fee of the return of my item.

I was charged.

2. you promised a full refund of the *free game charge * before I sent back the defective item to you.

3. You keep saying I should expect the refund soon for this free game on top of the already partial refund.

4. you didn't send the refund for the free game charge yet.

5. Is this how a company operates in 2017 expecting to gain money from stealing 107 $ from me...

It will cost you 10 X times more in trouble, customer loss, bad review, paypal and credit company charge back. and, who knows maybe law suits, maybe also CRA (canadian revenue agency) going after your cheating revenues? You never know how bad this will turn for you to steal and not honour your words.

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hello Gabriel,

I am sorry to hear about this experience and would like to look into this situation further. Please send us an email with your order information at wecare@newegg.com so we can assist.

Thanks,

Matt (Newegg_Support)
cb190
9/22/17

Shopping at Newegg was a nightmare. Bought a refurb laptop, but it arrived with a different hard drive than advertised. It was an absolute nightmare to return it. Called immediately to return it, ready to ship back to them in perfect condition. They insisted on store credit instead of real refund.

It took like 10 calls and tons of emails to finally get my actual money back. I had to use Google Cache to prove that they had advertised a different hard drive a few days earlier. I lucked out, without a screenshot of their product page, I would have been screwed. Compare this experience to Amazon returns, and well... this is why Amazon is winning and stores like Newegg are losing.

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hello, I'm terribly sorry that you had that kind of negative experience with your return! If you can please send me an email to "WeCare@Newegg.com" with you order number, I would like to share this with upper management. Thank you, - Vickie
jeffreyg48
9/21/17

Absolutely horrible company. Should anything at all go wrong with your order DO NOT EXPECT proper support.

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hello! I'm sorry to hear that you did not receive the support you were requesting! Please send me an email at "WeCare@Newegg.com" with your order number and I'll be happy to look into the issue for you!
masonn5
9/18/17

I love this company so much for computer parts if that's what you're in the market for look no farther, I've bought all the parts for my computer from Newegg and would do it again! nothing was damaged in the least not even the boxes were scratched.

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hi Mason,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this feedback! We love hearing from all of eggcellent customers, especially when they've had such eggceptional experiences with us! Thank you for your continued business!

Thanks again,
abdulqaderj
9/15/17

Its a great website for any one who looks for a great deals of computers, and the prices are really nice its never go above the original price for each item, but they are slow in term of processing orders and shipping, and they don't accept international visa cards.

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Thank you so much for providing us with this feedback, Abdulqader. We take all feedback as constructive and will be passing your notes about our processing and shipping times on to our management team for further review!

dougg4
8/31/17

I am probably the most critical reviewer on this site and have never given over several stars to any business reviewed yet. Newegg is the exception. I build the latest and greatest systems and shop around for the absolute best prices on the internet. If I find a better price on another site, Newegg has always been able to match it. When I receive a defective product from the many suppliers on Newegg, their customer service department has always been there to resolve any and all problems. If I have paid more for an item on Newegg than is on sale a week later, they have credited the difference in the form of a gift card. If you absolutely love standing in long lines and the worst customer service, then shop at Frey's or Best Buy and pay the sales tax also for the privilege. For the best prices and customer service, Newegg has been my favorite for approximately 15 years since CompUsa closed down in my area.

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Wow, Doug, thank you so much for the positive feedback! We truly appreciate the time you've taken to write this review and sharing your experience with us. We hope to share many more years with you and continue to make great memories with the service. Should you have any questions or concerns, you are more than welcome to reach us at wecare@newegg.com and we would be happy to assist you!

Thank you!
kristenc32
8/28/17

If you would like to get your order in a timely manner or at all STAY AWAY!! I paid to have my order delivered overnight but becuase of the numerous order confirmation steps (phone calls etc.) you have to go through my order won't be delivered until 4 days after the date it said it would be delievered. I paid for overnight delivery and was on top of getting back to Newegg with information as to no slow the process down.

I shop almost exceulsively online for everything these days and this was hands down the worst experience I had. I now need to return the item becuase it didn't arrive in time...I can only imagine the headache I'm about to go through.

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
I'm sorry to hear about the experience with the shipping and I would love to look into this further to see if there is anything that I can help with. Please send us an email at wecare@newegg.com with your account information, I would be happy to assist you with the return if needed as well.
hughw15
8/28/17

Bought a wireless keyboard and mouse combo from Newegg. Well I thought it was Newegg turns out it's some third party through Newegg. Well I have a tracking number from UPS issued 3 days ago for a label but nothing has been shipped. HERE is where it gets good. I called and text and emailed customer service. I was told nothing could be done until they hear from the seller. Nevermind they have called twice and can't get them on the phone. So they finally reply to the email and it says we did not sell you this check with Newegg. Now I can't get newegg on the phone or by text or email. Looks like Newegg has bad egg on their face and now I wait. It's only $44 a price that may be to good to be true. But I would like an explanation and a refund I have my doubts I get either or my merchandise. I will never do business with Newegg. NEWEGG IS JUST A POLISHED UP BAD EGG. THERE IS A WHOLE LOT OF LIPSTICK ON THIS PIG!"

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hello Hugh,
I'm sorry to hear about your experience on your order placed with our seller, it shouldn't take any less than 24-48 hours for you to receive any kind of update at all. I would love to look into this further to see how we can assist you in resolving this. Please send us an email at wecare@newegg.com so we can get started on looking into some options for you.
marks531
8/26/17

Good prices, shipping rates. If you end up getting your $600 processor shipped and absolutely crushed you can expect a convo where a rep lies about having your items processed for reshipping and instead receive a refund a week later. Especially an inconvenience with a new credit card in which time limitations for bonuses complicate issues, and business relies on your shipment. To be fair the first rep offered me $10 credit which I never received. The last offered me $15 and let's see if that's real. Even if so, its far not worth all of the trouble and TIME spent waiting dealing with customer support, and wasted time waiting for nothing. All because their shipping department didn't want to use more than 1 sheet of bubble wrap.

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
I'm truly sorry to hear about your experience with your return. I know that when returning a product, our items might have the chance of going out of stock while processing the return. I would love to double check the account to make sure those payments have been submitted for you. Please send us an email at wecare@newegg.com so we may get started on this. I look forward to your response!

Thanks,
jasonr140
8/16/17

I had an issue with a damaged packaged, which really was not properly padded inside, and I had to schedule a call back for 32 minutes later just to report the issue. When someone did finally call me back they told me they would send a replacement. The price has gone up on the item so now they want me to send the damaged memory back to them at my cost for a refund. So of course to finally get my memory I would have to re-purchase at the higher price. This is really bad business. With a retailer like Amazon for instance, this process would have taken 5 minutes and a return shipping label would have been provided at no cost to me. I used to use Newegg.com exclusively for new computer builds but will no longer.

Response from Newegg S., Newegg Representative
Hi Jason,

I'm saddened to hear about this experience as you shouldn't have to jump through hoops to get a functioning replacement item when the original was defective. I'd love to look into your situation further, please send us an e-mail to wecare@newegg.com with your order number so that we can work with you on ensuring you're getting your working item, a proper refund if needed as well as a price match if needed.

richd27
8/11/17

Yes, I still go to BestBuy just to see what the newest graphics card, etc. is that is available. I never buy it from them though! :P

I highly recommend Newegg for those hardware pieces for your next computer build or rig-updating. They have great customer service and return policies, which is critical for new builders and the like since sometimes the technology just doesnt sync together properly and you have to swap out parts.

GREAT prices, great products.

gordonh43
8/8/17

Purchased a defective computer through Newegg. They wouldn't replace it, but did offer a refund. After numerous phone calls I finally have a refund for the piece of junk Surface Pro computer but a month after they received the returned product still no refund yet on the keyboard or software I purchased with the computer. It is not worth using this seller, avoid at all cost!

christophed5
8/7/17

I have been dealing thin Newegg for the past 10 years or so. NEVER a bad deal. NEVER a regret dealing with them. ALL was always as expected and described at great price.

waynes86
8/2/17

I (we) have been dealing thin Newegg for the past 10 years or so. NEVER a bad deal. NEVER a regret dealing with them.

393 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Just make DAMN! certain that all your business addresses are updated and all other addresses have been deleted, logged out and back in along whit control f5 forced page updates, and you take a screen snap shot of the payment conformation page before you leave that page. otherwise all newegg will do is tell you it's your fault, you overlooked something, and they will gladly walk you through it to prove to you it was your fault. If your okay with that and having to pay return shipping for damaged items, not your fault, then yes.

By Robert P.

The reason why i gave a bad review was because i ordered a phone for my wife, An I-phone 5 and NewEgg.com only sent a box with the manual and a charger for the phone. I called NewEgg.com and explained to them and they stated i needed to wait while they investigate, they never got back to me so i called them again. the person i talked to put me on hold then came back to me and stated she was checking this what was going on and kept putting me on hold for a total of 45 minutes to only come back and tell me that i need to send them a picture of the box and contents. I have no clue what my wife or children did with the box now i am screwed. 219.00 down the drain. This was the first and last purchase i will make until the get this straight.

By Cody O.

Use paypal when you buy,because if you have a serious problem Newegg will do everything it can to keep your money.The only thing they respect is getting a negative reputation with paypal.

By john b.

Pay Pal will not help you. after several hours on the phone with PayPal and which ever company you bought from, you will still ultimately get screwed by PayPal or end up waiting 2 months before you get you money back, if at all.

By Robert P.

All of the refurbished items are from a 3rd party - i.e. some other company. Unfortunately Newegg under it's current management allows any company to sell their goods through Newegg in order to compete with Amazon.com who does the same. Thus the crazy mix of reviews. I personally have been purchasing from Newegg.com over the last 20 years for my personal use and for business. Here is what I've learned. Eggsaver shipping is DHL and on the East coast for those in PA, DHL will drive from Newark to Philly which is farther away from my address to deliver the package to the Philadelphia post office to then slowly deliver it to my address north of Philly. I never use Eggsaver since it was hell when I need a part for business. DHL doesn't pick up shipments for delivery for 2 to 4 days as others have mentioned in the shipping delays that's for the free eggsaver shipping. If you pay for FedEx or UPS shipping it typically will ship next day. Deals - sign up for email deals and spend a little time reading through them. You will find some good deals just watch the S&H. You can select Free S&H during searches. Check who is selling it. If it's a company in China and it looks too good to be true - that's cause it is and you will NEVER receive that item. I and many others have complained about this to Newegg and these companies are still allowed to sell on Newegg. You take these steps and precautions when buying on eBay unfortunately Newegg no longer protects the buyer from these sellers. So you need to pay attention to who you are buying from. Rebates are tricky. Some require you mail in the UPS or copy or both of the purchase bill. Make copies of everything before sending. The US mail still "looses" a lot of mail. Some rebates come as folded post cards that look like junk mail. My unhelpful wife has thrown out many rebate checks. Some manufactures are here one week and gone the next and they won't honor the rebate - buy from companies who have existed in the market place for many years. Newegg has company and product reviews. Use them. Now the answer you have been waiting for ( lol ) I happily purchased a refurbished Dell Laptop for my son last November for Xmas. The company selling on Newegg is US Micro Corp and they still have products for sale on Newegg and they have their own store website too. Their number is 855-876-4276. They have been in business since 1995 selling refurbished tech. They have good customer service and reply quickly to questions. The packaging and condition of the Laptop I received was fantastic. I strongly recommend this company for your refurbished computer needs. So check both sites theirs and Neweggs to compare pricing and features you are looking for. Keep in mind we are past the Windows 10 free upgrade. Some refurbished only come with the Windows 7 license. So give them a call and they will hook you up. Good luck and have fun!

By David R.

Hello Dard, We are simply thanking you for placing an order with us. You should have received another few emails in the next 1-2 business days confirming the payment and providing the shipping label. -David

By Newegg S. [Newegg Rep]

Hello Jim, We do not install components unless it is a configurator bundle and is marked with an assembly such as this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/BOM.aspx?Item=N82E16883230087. -David

By Newegg S. [Newegg Rep]

Don't do it--even if you have to pay more somewhere else.

By Kristy H.

call the corporate office, search for it on google. that is the only way to get stuff worked out. this company blows.

By Lee F.

Questions? Get answers from the Newegg staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Newegg