Review of Lenovo

lnvinfo@lenovo.com
2018 Customer choice award

vytautast1
5/8/19

I bought ThinkPad tablet x1 gen 3 it cost me around £2000 with top spec.

quality is questionable my tablet stopped working after 23 days of receiving it. Shocking knowing that it past some military test.

Lenovo with partner River Ireland has extremely bad customer service. It looks like they are armatures trying to get peace of the market by not looking at their customers. Just selling goods and services and ignoring us. Like dishonest people do.

My journey with Lenovo and River Ireland started on 1 march 2019 (bought tablet from Lenovo.com web. But invoices are from River Ireland) when I place an order. Tablet received around 12 march 2019. Tablet stopped working 4 April 2019. Called to Lenovo tech. support I was advised that they can collect and fix it. But i wanted full refund because I believe it's not to satisfactory quality (stop working in 23 day). Advised to go to River Ireland but no result they were sending me forwards and backwords through departments till this day 08 May 2019.

My advice to you forget that Lenovo and digital river ireland ltd that they exist it is frustrating for you to get it sorted when they give a dam about you.

I will never buy again from them and if i will see that someone is partners with Digital River Ireland LTD i will cancel my order straight away. I advise for you to do same.

pavelt10
5/7/19

Realmente lenovo considero que es una marca muy generica la cual en mi pais es la mas comjn y la que mas recibo como tecnico en mis tiendas sus componentes son muy dificil de conseguir cuando se dañan

robertm624
1/23/19

I purchased a Lenovo Yoga 720 Laptop, and it is simply THE BEST! I also have a new HP laptop, and it doesn't compare at a similar price point.

davem513
1/21/19

After trying their phone (K9), I've decided to give their desktop a shot.
Simple and easy to use, not super heavy and very good looking.
Recommended to everyone.

wc19
11/13/18

I won't buy anymore of Lenovo computers for being able to burn only cd's and not dvd's too. It was useless to go to microsoft looking for a fix and expecting Lenovo website to have a driver to correct the problem.

timothym199
7/22/18

The stylus and how it is configured to work wireless with the remote pointer was a first for me when I received my package.To this day I remember the excitement we all had in the house.

johnm937
3/19/18

I am a very proud owner of both a desktop and Idealpad computers for 2 years. The service and online help is super. I made my purchases at my local STAPES store in Clarksburg, West Virginia. Lenovo makes my life so easy to access software, updates, and online security a breeze. What excellent products in the technology market.

abzert
3/8/18

Best laptop in all configuration, good performance, good battery backup! And
Laptop working is super & features are excellent.

phoenixr3
3/5/18

Lenovo smartphones are much competitive in prices and best bargain I ever made both quality and price. Laptops too fair enough. I had 2 of laptops one died out after 7 years and one still functioning.

brookec9
8/15/17

First experience with Lenovo mobile and it was really an awesome lesson. Just tried to breach security level but it was so easy as other brands.

johns1258
8/5/17

So I made a mistake in buying a Lenovo IdealPad 110-15isk from Best Buy. I thought I was getting a great deal, but instead I think I bought a dud. This laptop is lacking in many areas such as a lousy Elan touchpad, one mono (very small) speaker on the bottom no less. Plus a inability to add RAM without replacing the current RAM. Only has one slot for RAM, and disassembly isn't very easy either. Battery life not great even with a low powered Intel i3. Hard drive is typical 5400 Rpm's and the .3 MP camera is horrible, not even usable. I can't believe Lenovo even bothered to install a camera? All in all I wished I had taken back this laptop within the allotted time frame. Its probably the worst laptop I have ever owned.

peterg172
7/31/17

Been using a Lenovo Yoga laptop for a few years now. Decent screen. Because the screen flips completely forward and backwards I can use it like a tablet or have it stand on its own and see just the display. It's good for watching videos and not having the keyboard in the way.

fredr354
7/20/17

For those that have a think pad or are thinking of a think pad purchase do more homework. Once you own it and paid for it it kinda ends there. If you've been lucky enough not to have any issues you probably got a unit manufactured on a Tuesday or Wednesday. Those units actually work well and you'll never have to deal with customer service as you' ll out grow the expired . Everybody else well best of luck if you gotta deal with service. Try to get a phone number to actually talk to someone in your country that can help you is an artful task in itself that could require a disposition towards being a Private Investigator. Be prepared to invest a min of 5 hrs just to cross this first hurdle and then be prepared to be frustrated by being constantly re- directed to the wrong departments that are not able to or don' t have the authority to help you .
The premis of the customer is the the reason we exist doesn't seem to resonate with this company. Rather you're an inconvenience in the realm of their world.... wherever that is.
Choose wisely and ask all the questions about what if before you what do I do now after the fact ... and always ask the day the unit was built on... LOL !
Best

kumarp3
7/19/17

I ordered one laptop. They gave shipment delay.
Till 10 days it was sipment delay. In their call center on one is picking your call . There is on reply to mail. If there is any that will system genrated bull$#*!.
My situation is like where to for complain . Most probably i will have to go to consumer form.

luiss75
6/13/17

My first laptop was lenovo and I really liked it. The only problem was that as my model did not produce new drivers.

omars30
5/31/17

carbon x1...ehh...far the best lap I have ever had in my hands. I could write until tomorrow about it, but let me just say few things, Fast&furious.

zavierd
4/5/17

I own the Lenovo phone and a notebook. Both are great for work and some leisure time like watching tv series or browsing the net. The pricing is also good as for me. Surely will pick Lenovo as my next laptop too!

eddieh33
3/19/17

Rather reliable products but presonally for me there is one better brand on the market. But this is the matter of choice and if to say about Lenovo - they make reliable and great performing products. I still remember the times when they had very low pricing only entering the market but now everything has changed - the products are good but quite expensive..

cragm
2/10/17

Support Lenovo devices because of their quality. Think it's one of the best series at a good price. Do not see any reason to pay for brands like Apple. This one is not worse for the tasks I complete.

cookiem2
7/5/16

I'm a great fan of Lenovo laptops. I have one that's almost 10 years old and still works perfectly. The only issue I had was the SD card wasn't reading, turns out that reinstalling the OS fixed this - not Lenovos fault.

Everything in the machine works as it did. The screen in particular is great (whereas I've had other laptop screens develop various issues after long term use.

Tip for consumers: Check reviews online for the laptop you want to buy :)

randyj10
Randy J.
3/16/16

I debated writing about this Lenovo H50 desktop computer only because my level of expertise in this area is minimal at best. My wife and I prefer a desktop for writing email, preparing invoices for home-based business and watching videos pertaining to our areas of interest. When our old 80-gig went out last year I started looking. Every computer I found online was either too many bells and whistles for our needs, very expensive or both. Then I spotted a Lenovo H50. It came with the new Windows 10 operating system and an Intel G3260 "Dual Core" processor. And although its speed wasn't rated for time travel it was still many times as fast as our old computer. It also came with 500gb hard drive which was more than enough storage for us. The Lenovo H50 also has a DVD player and burner ...and comes complete with a laser mouse and a very nice and easy to use keyboard. And at $239.00 with free shipping I couldn't pass it up. It arrived very quickly, and after 3 months we're both impressed with it. Its performance and ease of use is remarkable. I bought a new 24" monitor and had a chance to try it out with the Lenovo H50 during the college football playoffs. The graphics were very sharp and the fast action scenes looked great. I would be remiss if I didn't mention that some of my older software, mainly business card and photo programs from the 1990s will not work with the Lenovo H50. I was particularly disappointed when I learned that neither of my audio editing programs would work, and that some of its pre-installed programs such as Microsoft Word 2016, etc. are only demo versions and require you to buy the full versions if you want to keep them. But this is a new computer, so I didn't really expect it to play every obsolete software program in my personal collection when newer versions are available. Finally, I found Lenovo Customer Service to be exceptional. I actually reached them on a Sunday evening when I called to ask about the pre-installed rescue feature. During the conversation I mentioned that the H50 didn't come with a rescue device. They sent me one overnight. So if you're looking for a nice basic desktop computer for everyday use I don't think you can go wrong with a Lenovo H50. I would definitely recommend it.

davidr232
1/25/16

Hello, I ordered Lenovo vibe p1 for my sister two weeks ago. The phone has already arrived! Company's customer service is even higher than I expected!

deonm15
1/18/16

I've got a T450s model and I absolutely love it. The battery lasts forever, the keyboard is so comfortable, the performance outstanding. For me it is the best business class computer out there.

kalyant
12/28/15

My HDMI port stopped working within 2 months of purchase and they don't have any option to repair except ship it back to them for 7 to 10 business days. Ridiculous service. Dell used to send a rep home to repair hardware issues. Customer service rep was very unfriendly. Hated my experience. Will never buy or recommend this to anyone. Stay away from Lenovo.

abdulhadia
2/11/15

I was still in the IT industry when IBM sold off their PCs division to Lenovo (who were making them in China for IBM). I have owned 3 T Series and 1 W510. On every one but the first machine my screen started to go magenta before the video card failed. They also run very hot (or used to). The other point is that on 2 of the machines the CD/DVD player stopped working properly after about a year. Hopefully Lenovo have it all sorted now - but at $3K5 I want a machine that runs well. I also rolled out some T series to a business and some were DOA, very embarrassing for me after touting their ThinkVantage superiority.

13 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Yes. I liked the Yoga 720 so much that I bought another for my wife.

By Robert M.
Questions? Get answers from the Lenovo staff and other customers.

Lenovo?