Review of Asus

legalcompliance@asus.com
2018 Customer choice award

danielai6
6/3/19

the best technology products are only available at Asus.Computer accessories are very good but very expensive.

michaels2233
5/27/19

No problems at all since I plugged it in and started using it. Thanks for a product I can depend on.

rendip
5/22/19

I really like the Asus product because it is strong and durable, the price is affordable, the quality is very good, the niceeeee

santiagor16
5/21/19

Asus has very good parts for pc, they are excellent I recommend if you want your pc to be powerful and efficient

karlal36
5/13/19

I am very much happy with my asus laptop. I prefer you choose this brand and will not be disappointed

pavelt10
5/7/19

Asus por lo general es muy buen equipo rapido y ligero en mi experiencia es mejor equipo para los que les gustan los juegos en linea ya que su procesador grifo es mas potente y rapido

juliar132
4/15/19

I use this notebook for my work for about 2 years, it is generally ok but sometimes it becomes slow, I guess 8 GB of RAM is not enough, keyboard lightning stopped working, paint near touch-pad went off.

rustamh
12/19/18

I like all of the models of asus laptops. I have had 4 of them. All of them are expensive at all and they are too fast for their price. At the moment i use X541 model. It coasts only 300$ but i can either play or do my homework on it.

joej200
11/9/18

I've had an Asus laptop for a while and it has survived a lot. Mainly lots of gaming, going to college and random lan parties. I trust this brand a lot and will continue buying their products.

sophiap14
7/2/18

Asus was my very first laptop. It broke down after 2 months and could not be returned. I had to travel a long way to the service center and ended up replacing the harddrive. After that it was just a downward spiral. Constant freezing - 2 times on a good day, 8-10 times on a bad day. I was stuck with that crappy laptop for two years because I was a poor college student back then. As soon as I got money I immediately switched to Lenovo (10/10 wise choice) and swore to myself I will never, ever buy Asus again, and I advise all my friends to stay away from it.

neils53
6/18/18

I have an Asus x541UA laptop. After an upgrade of windows 10 the touchpad stopped working. I informed Asus of this and their reply was to reset to factory settings, this I did which took me back to windows 8.1.
After again installing Win 10 the touchpad stopped working. When posting online I found that lots of people had the same issue which could not be resolved. I again informed Asus and their reply this time as the warranty had expired was to send it to them for repair at an Exorbitant price, this I declined. The drivers on their site do not work and it seems they do not seem want to produce a driver that will resolve this issue.
I am now in the process of finding a laptop from a good manufacturer and this on is going in the bin. My advice STAY AWAY FROM ASUS.
A shame sitejabber don't let you do a minue rating.

josephr55
6/2/18

I had an issue with the last laptop I had years back which wasn't that bad, unlike the newer models they are making. Bought a pricey 17 inch screen gaming laptop. Which not even a year later had wifi connection problems due to it's faulty wifi card in it. It's what I bought from the Bestbuy by this company. Just like with MSI their computers are just as faulty. Especially due to the experience I had with Bestbuy. I will not buy from Asus brand computers ever again sticking with Dell next time.

tatianaj3
4/13/18

Dear Jerry Shen,

As the CEO of ASUSTeck, I think it is important that you are aware of how your customer service department is impacting on the reputation of your company. And it isnt pretty -- http://techguylabs.com/episodes/1054/how-can-i-contact-ceo-asus -- as this one example shows.
Consequently, I am copying this letter to the sites listed below in the hopes that ASUS will address my problem and warn others about the product.
Receipts of the numerous repairs that had to be done none of which worked are also attached below.
Thank-you for your attention to this matter and I look forward to receiving a new computer that works. The following problems are reported below and copies of the work orders follow the list of sites copied:
On the 23rd of December 2016, I bought an X441U Asus Computer at one of Asus direct distributors in Colombia, the A.D.S.L group (http://www.grupoadsl.com/). On this computer, I invested COP $1750.000 the equivalent to USD $626.
The day after I bought this computer, it blocked and I had to take it back to the Asus shop on the 26th of December. It was given back to me one day after, formatted. I never actually had the chance to use it brand new.
After the computer was given to me, it started displaying a blue screen and it would block, forcing me to restart it often. This is when I had to take it back to the Asus shop on the 15th of February, 2017. The customer service operators indicated that my computer had an issue with its main board. However, they told me that they had solved it and it wouldnt fail again. It took them about a week to give the computer back to me.
The computer was never at its full capacity and kept on displaying a black or blue screen. In April 2017, the computer started shutting down unexpectedly. This happened even when the battery was at its full capacity. I contacted the Asus distributor in Colombia and they were unable to solve my problem.
On the 13th of September 2017, my computer was taken again by the Asus distributor in Colombia. It was given back to me almost a month later, arguing that the main board needed to be updated and that the battery slot was missing a piece this made the computer shut down unexpectedly. This time, the computer was taken to the Asus headquarters in Colombia.
I kept the computer for a few months, however, it never performed at its full capacity. Until the 22nd of March 2018, when I had to take it back to the Asus distributor because it simply wouldnt turn on.
After two days, the distributor told me that this computer had a permanent damage in the main board and there was nothing they could do to fix it. They also told me that my warranty had expired, so I would need to pay for any further service.
The distributors gave the computer back to me, arguing that I could never suspend or set my computer on hibernate mode. Because, the mainboard was in such a terrible shape that it wouldnt take it.
A week after the computer was given to me, I noticed that the sound had stopped working properly. On the 7th of April 2018, I had to take the computer back to the distributor, which asked me to leave it there for a week, because they didnt know what to do.

Having said all this, I find that the only solution to end this situation is by having ASUS give me a computer that works properly. I refuse to continue being passive about it not to call it a scam is to leave it unreported.

Sincerely,

Tatiana Mejia Jervis

phoenixr3
3/5/18

I selected Asus Laptop for its sturdy body..Best price and quality(features). Their after sale services are also good, especially I got changed speakers and DVD drive...

Only difficulty I face is with caps lock that I dont have indication its on.. A555L

ellyh2
2/21/18

Bought a laptop manufactured by them a few years ago. One day a large number of bad pixels appeared on the screen so I called them and they send over a DHL deliverman right to my house. After 2 weeks he came back with a fixed laptop. Thats what I call a professional customer care!

erickb20
11/11/17

Quiero que me manden una computadora para realizar un unboxing por favor respondanme tambien ustedes podran generar ventas yo pondre el la descripcion del video el link del produxto

anng93
9/25/17

Great long-lasting and really reliable parts! As in the previous review - everything is just top-notch, I also hope they issue a good smartphone, as those are surely the weak spot for now.

terryj67
8/17/17

all my laptops are made by ASUS. And for more than 10 years of using it I have never had no reason to complain. Smooth and efficient work. I really want to see a decent smartphone from them

mathewk17
8/7/17

I just buy Zenfone 3 Deluxe and its awesome. Great features and fast speed make it better then other smartphones. Thank Asus

patricias37
7/18/17

As I travel a lot and work on my computer for hours of each day I decided to treat myself to a very expensive super light computer. I bought the latest ASUS for just under 1700Euros - which is the most I've ever spent on a computer. It looks great and is very light but I am incredibly disappointed with it. None of the short cut keys work - even after following the online advice; it takes ages to load even my word documents - and when it does I find myself typing for 10 seconds before anything appears on the screen. I asked the company to take it back and give me one that worked but all they offered was to send it for a service - it is BRAND new!!! And I live in Tanzania and cost a small fortune for me so NO I don't want it serviced!!! ...... Save your money or buy from a brand that is reliable. I decided to try this company as I don't like that Apple own the market but you know what? I am so sorry I didn't buy an Apple. In all my years I've owned computers from many different companies but I've never had one that didn't work out of the box and have always been excited to own the next new one. This one is such a disappointment and irritating cause I'm stuck with it for the next few years....and the after sales is pointless.Take my advice and look elsewhere! High end computer my ass!!!!!!!!!

melvinm48
7/13/17

Best PC manufacturer for now. All my 6 PCs were from ASUS and for sure next one will be ASUS too! I recommend them to everyone!

gregorys87
6/12/17

Solid and inexpensive products. Friendly customer care. I prefer to buy stuff manufactured by them over other suppliers - never had any problems with the warranty or product shipping.

aliab5
6/7/17

Definitely reliable products, the pc which is half made up of the Asus parts is still alive after 4 years of active usage much on the top frequencies. The laptops are quite reliable too, I got 2 of those and lately had to change one for the new version though still the old one is working perfectly, just hard for me to upgrade the laptop with new parts.

karenp146
3/20/17

I told the Best Buy employee exactly what I need from a laptop and he recommended an Asus... My total came to about 1,110.00 but I have not had any problems out of it. I didn't think Asus would be up to scale like a Dell, HP or Apple but I was wrong.

jessac4
3/16/17

Very happy with my Asus Chromebook 14. I travel a lot & it's perfect to use in the car during roadtrips. Battery lasts roughly 9 hours & has no lag time. Not the most optimal laptop for my graphic design work, but that's the chromebook in itself. Would recommend!

21 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the Asus staff and other customers.

Asus?