Review of Lenovo

lnvinfo@lenovo.com
2018 Customer choice award

verdap
11/25/14

I like lenovo products specially Laptops. But their price is so high. I disappointed about this.

jenym1
10/12/14

Although this laptop is pretty fast, the sound has stopped working due to a hardware problem only after a year of having the laptop and got a problem with the motherboard. Really very disappointed.

malcolmr15
8/27/14

I have bought a new lenovo A680 dual sim quad core processor android phone day before yesterday. Really it sounds good. In that phone all google apps have been pre installed and also, Facebook, twitter apps are also pre installed. The specifications of the phone is really nice. So, I would like to recommend you all to buy the lenovo company phones to enjoy the full usage.

jasonz3
10/12/13

I purchased a laptop and mouse through Lenovo's website about a year ago.

The site was very confusing and difficult to navigate. I wasn't sure which computer I wanted so I did a lot of research. There were so many links on the site which brought up essentially the same computer, but with a minor modification such as a faster processor or more ram or in some cases, the same computer, same specs, different price.

When I actually ordered my computer I managed o get a decent discount, and it worked out at a reasonable price. The mouse I ordered at the same time came about a week earlier thn the computer which was a bit silly.

The computer ended up taking ages to come, and even longer than they'd estimated so I called them up, spoke to someone with very poor english, very difficult to understand, and was told to contact the delivery company (with whom I had a more pleasant experience, but couldn't Lenovo have contacted them for me?).

In the end I got my computer and I'm very satisfied with it.

In summary the website is far too confusing and could be simplified. Ordering system was good. Product is good. Customer service not so good.

johnc108
6/24/13

Chat is always offline. Can't call the service centre even within operating hours. Broken links on the site, they gave me a wrong tracking order to a laptop. You would think that a company as big as Lenovo would at least have a decent website. Very disappointed.

kylaw
12/12/11

I needed a new laptop and fast, school was approaching and I needed to have one for the new year. I looked for weeks something in the mid- low range, nothing to fancy just something that could get me through my remaining time of college. My parents got me my last laptop as a graduation present. it was about 2 years old, so I knew I wanted a few upgrades. i went on lenovos website and saw there outlet. NEVER buy from there outlet. i bought a to good to be true laptop of 350 dollars. where other brands with the same specs were around 500- 600 dollars. it said it was an open box and that it had a full year warranty like there new laptops. So I ordered on a late Friday night. I put in all my info and cc# then it said error, so i punched it in agin and once agin got another error. So I was like okay whatever,(I already had some other problems with the website so i figured I'd do my buisness somewhere else. About 30 minutes later i checked my email and there where 2 orders for the same laptop. A total off over 725 with shipping. needless to say I called the 1800 # immediately only to find out that they only have phone service monday-friday. So I waited until Monday and called early in the morning praying they haven't already been shipped. The first man was very rude and yelled at me saying that because it was from the outlet there was nothing that could happen and told me I would have to let my bank process it then pay 15% restock fee on the one that came back to them. Even though it was the websites fault. He also said that the problem was mine and there was no way it could of had an erroe so I hung up and called back hoping for someone friendly. I waited on hold for over 2 hours!! finally a nicer man answered but told me the same thing, I then asked for his manager, which was a lovely lady who quickly canceled the order and promised the bank would not be charged. The laptop took over 2 weeks to get to my home. Then when i received it it was broken. Not a little bit but awfully brooken it would freeze every 2 minutes. i called customer support and they had me run BIOS, it froze during Bios!!. The women was supper nice and sounded like it happened all the time she said that she wasn't going to make me go through the other 100 things it asked and she would give me a number to ship it back for free. But then I had to call another number to get that number confirmed, so they would accept the delivery. I asked some basic questions the man that answered was really rude and made it seem like it was my fault as well, and without saying it called me liar. he said if I lied then they would charge a 15% restocking fee and such. I ask if I could just get the laptop fixed, and they said because it was from the outlet they didn't fix them, I couldn't order another one, I would have to try my luck at another untested product . . .
DO NOT USE THE OUTLET.
after using customer service IBM Thinkpads have a different service and have heard wonderful things from them so . . if you're going lenovo buy a thinkpad

4/21/11

Rock solid computers. I mean if you throw a ThinkPad at the rock, well the rock will no longer function, but the ThinkPad will!

Lenovo bought IBM's laptop/pc/consumer devision a few years back. It sure scared lots of people, who were rightfully concerned with how that would affect the quality and engineering. Well 5 years since, Lenovo is great in almost all aspects other than a silly name.

The ThinkPad line up is still rock solid, it is kept current, and is by far the most reputable sub-brand of computers in the world. IBM and Lenovo seem to keep close ties for supporting their legacy computers. Which actually outlive most other electronic devices.

IBM has a special place in my heart, my first PC was an an IBM PC 386. 20Mhz cpu, math co-processor, 2 mb of 80ns ram and a 200 mb hard drive. I played everything I could on it, I'm not sure where it is now. But if it is still in one piece, I bet it would boot up no problem.

Their site is hard to navigate from the get go, but once you click around, it makes sense in a very german, very precise way. I've heard bad things about the non-pro oriented, cheap plastic systems; but thats indicative of getting what you pay.

Overall, a very reputable computer manufacturer, with very solid background, and support for long running traditions.

dereks1
9/23/10

IBM's attempt to rebrand their computers and lenovo worked out pretty well. I bought a Lenovo a year ago and didn't even realize it was an IBM computer. For some reason I always thought of IBM as outdated but now I only have bought lenovo computers because they worked out for me so well. I used this site to buy rather than shopping on other sites because here I can customize what I want and get an extended warranty too.

13 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Yes. I liked the Yoga 720 so much that I bought another for my wife.

By Robert M.
Questions? Get answers from the Lenovo staff and other customers.

Lenovo?