Review of Dell

dnsadmin@dell.com
2017 Customer choice award

sarab121
12/7/17

I purchased a Inspiron 5565 laptop three weeks ago. Additionally, I purchased the premium support and extra warranties. When I opened the box and tried to use the laptop, it would not boot. I contacted PREMIUM tech support. They advised that it was a software issue and not a hardware issue and they could not assist me. I was continuously looped through their customer service department. This has went on daily for three weeks. I have been insulted, lied to, and disconnected on the phone multiple times. A system exchange was promised. The exchange never came and the tracking info they provided was for someone else's account. I then decided enough was enough and wanted a refund. I am still stuck in the process of trying to achieve that. The last representative said, "There is an issue, this will take a couple hours to process. You will receive a call back today. Please do not call back in again, respond to the email you will receive shortly." That was yesterday: no call back, no email. Please be very careful and do your research first. Even a quick glance through their social media accounts will show you quickly that I am one in a million who are having troubles with Dell products and their customer support. I am now the not so proud owner of a $600 Inspiron laptop paperweight that is of no value to me. BUYERS, BEWARE!!!!!!!!

baileyw20
11/8/17

I brought the inspiron 15 and I'm so happy with it. its amazing and its the best laptop ive ever brought and I really mean that. for my college it is perfect. fast, not heavy and takes a while to over heat. only thing that could be improved is the battery life.

tammys115
10/20/17

We have ordered Dell products several times over the years, always getting a great product and never damaged. The packaging is excellent and the products work well for years. There estimated delivery dates are always spot on or earlier, its great to know when your orders will arrive. Im sure we will continue to purchase from Dell for many years to come!

janep65
10/19/17

Very reliable appliances that improve through the years! Dell E5470 is my latest purchase and the laptop is as good as all the previous models I had. The company issues various items, and some of those can have too much of pricing, but after some research you can always find one suitable.

linas17
10/10/17

I can't express my feeling while giving a review regarding one of the best companies from my childhood. Dell was the first ever PC I've got on my birthday from my dad and trust me it was as smoothly working system on that time as it is now.

donnac57
8/20/17

I have a dell laptop which is 4 years old. But no one will tell that it is that old. I did not have to change anything and get it repaired except the batter once. I use it everyday, and have not yet felt anything wrong. I am very satisfied with this company. However, i hope they will soon launch other products such as mobile phones and cameras.

tomc54
7/10/17

I received an email from Dell about their Black Friday in July Sale. I went to the sale page on the dell.com website and I found one good deal - a Dell E310dw for $59.99 (the Dell MSRP is $129 but the printer sells for around $100 several places online). I didn't buy the product immediately because I had to check a few things.

Mostly I was considering it for my adult daughter who was having problems with her printer. I did make careful note that the dell.com website clearly said that the Black Friday in July Sale prices would end 7AM on Tuesday July 11th. This was important because I knew it would be the 10th before my daughter would be able to order one. We got my daughter's printer working so she didn't need to get the one that was on sale, but I decided to go ahead and get one for myself due to the good price for a laser printer with built-in duplexer.

I went back to Dell.com on Monday July 10 -- well before the published end of the sale -- and I was going to order the E310dw while it was on sale. Instead I found that Dell had pulled a Bait & Switch with the price and was now charging $89.99 for the printer even though it was still about 8 hours before the sale was due to end.

After I found that Dell had mysteriously increased the price by over 50%, I checked around the website to see if maybe I had missed the sale page. No, Dell.com clearly had the same printer but now at a much higher price even though the sale was not supposed to end yet.

I tried to call Dell, but sales and customer service are both closed in the evening and wouldn't be open until after the sale was due to end tomorrow morning. I noticed that Dell has "24 hour live chat" so I tired that. I spent over a hour discussing the problem first with Dell's chat agent and then with his supervisor. I provided them with a screen capture I had taken, showing the sale price. Both agreed that that HAD BEEN the price, and both agreed that the Black Friday in July Sale didn't end until 7AM tomorrow morning. But according to them, the promotion for THAT ONE ITEM had ended on 7/9 instead of 7/11 with the rest of the sale. The original chat agent claimed that Dell had run out of E310dw printers. Then changed his story to that they had run out of the ones they were selling at that price but still had some to sell at the higher price. The supervisor said that the promotion for that item had ended yesterday and provided links to two sale pages -- NEITHER of which had anything about any earlier end for the sale. The supervisor said he couldn't understand why the earlier cut off wasn't on the webpages.

Bottom line is simple enough. Dell.com published a sale price for the printer AND published an end date and time for the sale -- but then they refused to honor their published price even though I was several hours before the published end of the sale.

Tip for consumers: If you see a sale price that you want - buy it while you can. Don't trust Dell to honor the price later even if they have a date and time for the sale clearly on the website.

[Note that the bold red print on the attached screen capture are MY notes from when I forwarded the screen capture to my daughter. Those notes were the date & time the sale ended from the initial "Deals" page and the Free Shipping that Dell.com features on all orders right now]

rosimeirec
6/30/17

Amei o notebook que comprei a uns meses atrás,veio impecável e tem a qualidade Dell.
Já tive vários computadores e notebook,esse é excelente pra quem precisa carregá-lo,pois é compacto,leve...Resumindo:excelente maquina

luiss75
6/13/17

I once bought a laptop, it was quite good, but heated and heated quickly. But still it depends on the model, so maybe someone is okay.

rahulk43
6/13/17

Its good site, allows lots of customization. I am using a Dell laptop for 3year and i am almost happy with it.

venkatk5
5/24/17

I ordered 2 laptops on separate transactions . Later I open ordered , it is asking contact customer support. I called them , took 1 hour to reach sales department. Finally they told that their party cupons were used by me , they can not re order / give laptop for such low price . It is waste if time , not gaureteee that we will get product

sandipans
5/22/17

Dell machines are not for long term compared to HP. I can't rely on Dell. I have used several times n haven't experience a better service

tjc10
4/27/17

Least resilient machine on the market. I've had 3 different Dell machines, all couldn't last over a year. Compared to an HP that survived a deployment and many years of use and it's fair share of drops or a MacBook that has been through similar antics as my HP. Dell doesn't compare to its competitors, its garbage. Go Mac or HP or Acer or pretty much anything other than Dell.

kellab
4/27/17

One of the best no matter the pricing - their screen and pre-built pc have been serving me for years and now I`m into getting another one.

santosf1
3/30/17

Excellent reliability and warranty policy - changed the power unit very promptly when it suddenly broke down after just two months. Friendly support also, but the prices can be high sometimes

miked247
3/22/17

Terrible customer support and the products dont compete in the market. My 2008 Mac is faster then my new Dell. Save a little and buy something better.

phillips52
Phillip S.
3/17/17

Someone ordered products from Dell using my name, address and credit card. They then tried to change the delivery address, as is often the case with fraudulent orders. The only problem (for them) is that I had already received the merchandise. The order was charged to my credit card account, for which I am not responsible, but, none the less, I am trying to straighten this mess out by returning the merchandise to Dell so they can credit my card. Seems easy enough. Not quite. My first call to Dell was 5 days ago. I have called every day, for 5 days, waiting for at least 20 minutes to get through and then taking at least half an hour to explain what happened. The original person who helped me, and who seemed intelligent enough, is always busy. Leaving messages to call me , have been ignored and every time I start over with a new person, he (always a he) doesn't bother to read the case notes and I keep getting passed from one department to another. I lost my cool today and called their customer service department a bunch of "f_____g" idiots. I was finally promised a return label (for the third time) via email. Today, I thought I might be lucky, but it has been 5 hours and no label via email. I have asked to talk to supervisors but they are always too busy. After reading the comments on Dell, I will try asking for a "resolution specialist" as someone suggested. If I can't get the help I want tomorrow, I will give up and let the credit card company deal with it.
A friend recently asked my advice on buying a new computer, but customer service ratings are so bad for Dell, I suggested that she steer well clear of Dell. Now, I am thankful I did. Not good PR for Dell. I am a Mac person, myself. Apple products might be expensive, but the customer service department is first rate.

ryann49
3/12/17

I've made quite a few online purchases through Dell. Their website could use some work in regards to organizing the products listed there and sometimes you cannot find an item that they do indeed have without having to resort to trying weird search terms, but they do have a decent lineup of devices. However, their support team is often clueless about the very items they have on their own website. If you need to get assistance with your Dell device they can be pretty decent, but if you're trying to find something or want to know something about an item on their website, they are hopeless.

jasonb265
3/3/17

Dell customer for many years and I've never had any issues. Their service is absolutely fantastic and their products are awesome. Fast shipment, prices are ok. Keep it up!

nateh5
2/26/17

Bought the computer, it worked well for a few months. Then the fans started revving. I learned that they give you a power supply unit that cant supply the power needed to actually run all the fans proper and keep the system cool. My motherboard fries, GPU burns out. I am stuck paying for a $1500 laptop that doesn't work. Cause the warranty only goes for a year unless you cough up another $700. I wont do that, because a computer that can burnout is an issue and I would still be replacing a laptop every year cause the product sucks. Clearly they don't know how to build proper system, or they do and are just trying to gouge you for money. Dell and Alienware are a bad company, and their products are complete garbage. If you buy Alienware or Dell, you will be disappointed. Wish you could give lower than a one star. All these four and five star reviews are clearly not real, look at any other site.

michaelm532
2/19/17

Bought an XPS 13. The connector between the motherboard and monitor went bad after only 2 years. Customer service initially diagnosed this as a bad motherboard. Once they got it right, they still wanted over $200 to repair.

I was told I was NOT allowed to speak to anyone in the US to help with my problem... only India. Not even allowed. How crazy is that? And the customer service rep, specifically told me I was just another number to him and it was irrelevant that I'd been a long-time customer.

I am done with Dell. Never buying a Dell again. I hope you will join me.

garlenh
2/17/17

Bought Dell XPS 13 recently. Totally in love with the design of the laptop, so sleek and elegant. The frameless Infinity Edge display is the biggest turn on factor. The specifications are also quite up to the mark in the price range.

eulam
2/15/17

Bought computer June 2016. Screen blacken out. Warrant had not worn out but I bought it from Sam's Club. Had receipt but no warranty. Tough luck! The bigger issue is that it did not last 6 months. Got to buy a new computer. Customer service is horrible.

poopp3
2/11/17

My brand new dell laptop (2016) came with plenty of issues between always requiring new updates in order to function and the sound never working unless headphones were plugged in. I ended up paying much more than what it was worth, not to mention I could never get it to print when I needed it to.

allenl36
1/25/17

Very reliable and long-lasting computers. Those are mostly overpriced tbh, but the quality kinda compensates it all, especially if you assemble the pc yourself, not buying it premade.

111 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I have. I found it to be rather easy providing you ship back within the allowed period which I believe to be 30 days. They provide shipping return labels and you send everything back in the original boxes.

By Ginny D.
Questions? Get answers from the Dell staff and other customers.

Dell?