Review of Dell

us_sales@dell.com
2017 Customer choice award

maxl44
8/28/18

I work for Discovery we have around 1000 machines, i have so many issues to just get in touch with Dell on UK, i cannot stress my manager enough that we need a change of brand. Horrible experience. Not recommended.

monicag83
8/20/18

I purchased a computer from Dell online, the Inspiron, for my final year of college since I found a job that would keep me from the library. THE LAPTOP IS HORRIBLE! The first issue was that it would get stuck, then there was a glitch in the screen that caused a black square, now it simply does not do anything. I have contacted customer service multiple times and the just gave me the run around. I never received information on my warranty. In fact, THE CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE NEVER EMAILED ME BACK! I asked if the computer was refurbished before purchasing it. I even used my scholarship to purchase it. I am going to continue to spread the word about Dell because I wouldn't go to any other company like people told me. I am disappointed and disgusted!

brians299
8/4/18
• Updated review

As requested by Dell, I scheduled a service call with their Advanced Resolution Group to try and resolve the issue. The first scheduled call they did NOT call within the two-hour window that I provided them. The second time I scheduled a call with them and provided them with a two-hour window they called two hours AFTER the meeting was scheduled. They were unprofessional and showed a total disrespect and disregard for my time.

Tip for consumers: Purchase from a different brand that values customers and puts an emphasis on customer service. Avoid Dell products at all costs.

“Defective product that Dell does not back! (Their IT is even worse)”
3/11/18
• Previous review

I purchased a Dell Inspiron 17-7779 2-in-1 and it has been nothing but a problem since I purchased it. The fan is EXTREMELY loud (up to 45db when running) and it will turn on and run when you are doing the most mundane processes (like using a website). I sent it to Dell twice to be repaired and they replaced the heat sink and the fan, only to continue to have it come on and run extremely loud. When their IT had it, they erased the second hard drive I installed both times without permission. (their excuse (from their non-English speaking associates) was that they didn't know why they erased the second hard drive and that it shouldn't have been done. Out of the year that I have had the computer, it has been basically unusable for 6 months because the fan is too loud to do any serious work on and it gets slow when it gets hot. They do not stand by their products, and if they've "repaired" this twice and it is acting up again then they need to conduct a recall because it is a horrible engineering flaw on their part. I will NOT purchase a Dell laptop ever again, and would advise everyone else to avoid them as well. I have a Lenovo laptop that is two years older than this Dell piece of junk, and the fan never comes on when using even resource-heavy applications (like Adobe). Purchase any other brand of a laptop before you purchase a Dell, and if you have one, do NOT send it to their service center for repair.

Tip for consumers: Purchase from any other brand before even considering a Dell.

charlesm473
7/16/18

I was honestly surprised when the operative on the phone was so polite and stayed online with me until my problem was resolved.it is probably the first time that that has happened to me.

mb345
7/16/18

I ordered a laptop on the Dell website. It took me 4 tries before I was only ordering 1 laptop.. my cart wouldnt let me delete multiple laptops as I tried to add and delete upgrades.?!?!? Very frustrating. I place my order and get the usual security verification email... I call Dell support # provided. The guy in the end blah blah blah its all good Mr order is processed . Notification #2 I call blah blah blah.... yes Sir your order is processed.. Next day email order is canceled?!???? Now I have spent 1hr on hold and called for the 3rd time..... to be continued..

anht15
7/5/18

I ordered a Dell laptop in the US for a relative in Vietnam, and was unaware that without changing the owner of the laptop and basically re-registering the item for my relative, the warranty would be invalid in Vietnam (funny how a smaller company like Acer has international warranty). Anyway, fast forward 11 months and the laptop stopped working; the relative was told there was a problem with the hard drive, and it would cost almost as much as the laptop itself to repair it. I decided to request for a change in ownership, and did not receive any confirmation or notification about my request, even though I followed every step given by a Dell customer service representative. Near the end of the warranty, and about a month after my then repeated requests, I received an email from this person who supposedly works for Dell, and the only thing he said was "Would you like to extend your warranty?", which should be quite obvious that you'd have to pay some hefty amount.
Aside from the fact that this laptop broke within 11 months, the other one I bought is slow to the point of near uselessness, even though it was advertised to work smoothly with Windows 10. An XPS 13 I bought, while having a decent (not great) screen, is also slow and can in no way compete with an Apple laptop, which is what the XPS is built to compete with.
I'm happily using an Acer Aspire now, and it's been running consistently without any problem. This one time there was a small issue with the screen, and Acer offered to replace the whole screen for free, and even paid for the shipping label. That, I think, is a company you want to trust. Not Dell.

deborahb323
6/19/18

Bought a new computer it would not operate from the word go. I ring Dell warranty service.Dell sends me a confirmation email to confirm Tech service will come and fix computer in my home. Small print on email says that Dell will be using REFURBISHED PARTS and if need be will replace MY NEW DESKTOP COMPUTER with a REFURBISHED COMPUTER if they cannot fix it. Paypal for a refund thanks, then they lie and carry on. Very upsetting and not to mention disappointing...so looking forward to my new computer....and cost about $3K

alejandrod25
6/14/18

I had one order that was sent back because they just couldn't reach me over the phone once!!! I contacted their chat for no reason cause all they do is send you to their verification team. After waiting for an hour on hold got to talk to a representative and he was close to helpless and finally understood that I did not want a product that had taken a week and a half just for me to know that it wasn't coming. When he said that I was gonna get a refund after a week I was kind of relieved but after 9 days I tried to contact their verification team twice waiting for an hour each time with no luck so I can receive a refund for a product THAT I NEVER SAW. Unacceptable that a multi-million company has this lousy customer service and so much trouble just to get a product that was bought, no returns no repairs just a simple transaction. I advise everyone to stay away from the dell website if you like their products consider a reseller but personally I'll never buy their stuff ever again. This is my info in case a Dell representative reads reviews(I doubt it)
Dell purchase id: 2006825306165
Product: Inspiron 15 5000 Series - 5570
Order #: 370470618

mikew472
5/24/18

Bought a laptop manufactured by them a few years ago. One day a large number of bad pixels appeared on the screen so I called them and they send over a DHL deliverman right to my house. After 2 weeks he came back with a fixed laptop. Thats what I call a professional customer care!

davet125
5/8/18

Appalling, and there was me thinking I was the only one experiencing poor Customer Service. My son worked part time whilst at College to buy a Dell 13/5000 2 in 1 laptop. It was hyped by PC World as fast and great storage. Well by the time we brought it home it would seem that Dell have upgraded the processor from the Pentium Gold to an I3 or I5 processor. Clearly they realised that it was useless. Dell Customer Service have been so rude and unhelpful (deepak ) I was then asked to contact PC World which I did and they palmed me off to Dell and I have been boomeranged between the two. I went to CashConverters and they would not buy it and its brand new and Cex just laughed at the processor and say its worth 99 pounds. Honestly give Dell a wide berth, they don't care about customers, my son is 17 and it is all his hard earned money down the drain. All I get from Deepak is I understand the inconvenience, but clearly they dont. If BMW made a shoddy car, they would have to have it returned but Computer companies seem able and willing to rip you off. Stick to Apple even they are expensive, at least they work.

hamide3
5/2/18

I'm using dell since 5 year and i was always facing issue with their machine. Suddenly my wifi device stop working i try to reach their support team but they offer me to buy new laptop never resolve my issue. They told me you should buy our paid support service. They never provide me any valid solution so i can fix it my self. Also if you are on one os and you want to install another os then you should buy their new laptop according to their worst support.

wservet
4/27/18

quality products
if you are going to buy trustworthy product then dell one of the best. screen, design i really loved it.

paull334
4/18/18

I think Dell provide good value for money always. However, sometimes, their screen isn't good enough to their competitors'. But if you need better hardware spec, then Dell is good place to shop.

tonyf64
4/17/18

The great thing about dell computers in my opinion is getting some of their older ones from people that just have them sitting around or around different sites from home users to gain from the parts. There are a lot of older dell pcs that you can get i7 CPUs in that still run for around $300 today & if you have the money could make some decent budget build computers to resell or use yourself. Personally I can not afford to do with or I would as most of these old computers only run at about $60-$100 if you just look around.

Rating Dell as a company I can not say anything bad about them though honestly I think everyone is better off building their own computers because there is always something that could have been better wither its the motherboard, the cpu, the power supply, or what ever. For the price it costs to buy a computer name, you can make an even better computer yourself in most cases.

I still give Dell 5 stars though because they do make some decent builds though I think prices are a bit much sometimes.

riosd2
3/13/18

Love dell products!! The best equipment I have bought and never had any problems with my computers lasting a while!

craigc95
3/7/18

Dell used to make quality products and they used to stand behind them. Those days are long gone. Many other companies make better computers and the Dell customer service is plain horrible. I purchased a Dell laptop 3 months ago and it has never worked properly. I spent hours on the phone with Dell techs to try to solve the issues. I then had to send it back to them in Jan. It was returned and I cannot use it. It locks up all the time. It is currently froze up and cannot do anything. Dell wishes for me to send it back to service again. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere to buy a laptop. Dell is junk these days

abels35
2/20/18

I have been trying to use my earned credit. One week an counting just to make a purchase. I have my credentials and all my dell info. Buy they ask me by email more and more info. I have chat with them several times, last thing is that I have to send an screenshot of my logged account plus and textual words that I authorize my purchases. This looks like a bad joke, screen are very easy to fake, and how is possible that having me on the phone they can't verify my identity/ownership of my reward. No words to describe... just bad costumer service and and horrible shopping experience.

astridn1
2/20/18

I purchsed an Inspiron July 2016. It died in Feb 2017. After a few weeks of remote service they told me it oulw need a new motherboard and to send it back. I sent it back in March. Over the next few weeks I got updates, repairs were backed up, then parts weren't avaiable. More waiting. No parts, anywhere! I was told they would replace the computer. More waiting as an exact match (gold) was not available. Finally in early July I received a new Inspiron. The new one started shutting down repeated. Called tech support. "Sorry, your warranty has expired" The brand new Inspiron arrived with the old warranty! Not a mistake. Dell's policy to to add the old service tag to the new computer, hence old warranty! Dell policy I was told. Dell
laptop dead after 7 months. Replacement now dead after 7 months. Of course I was offered to buy a new warranty. Unbelievably bad, how much money is Dell willing to gouge out of me? And yes telephone help are super polite, they read their scripts, and are outsourced in Philippines or India.

bend149
2/16/18

I have bought quite a few laptops from Dell and wanted to but a bluetooth headset today. I had never been late and owed them nothing. I wasted 45 minutes on chat only to find out my account had been closed.
What a waste of time. Guess I am going to Staples.

avas21
2/13/18
• Updated review

still no delivery. 9 days and counting. i could have walked it there. service is very pleasant but can do nothing. is this ups fault or did dell only pay them a penny for delivery.

“does not ship timely”
2/6/18
• Previous review

if item is ordered from dell you will not get it when they say. can be up to 3 weeks. and service lies very pleasant people in some foreign country.

joser162
2/12/18

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. I had an account and the interest was way too high. I contacted them many times about lowering my interest and they never did anything.

martink74
2/1/18

If you're considering buying a Dell PC but aren't sure, I'm hoping this review helps. This is what you can expect should your PC die shortly after purchase. The best part of all of this is the Supervisor Gail writes "Your satisfaction is our topmost priority." in her introduction email. Absolutely horrible customer service and their "warranty" isn't a warranty.

In a nutshell, my computer died after 4 months and their 1 year "warranty" doesn't include replacements. You have to ship it back for them to refurbish it if you manage to get that far, which includes several hours on the phone with remedial and irrelevant troubleshooting by various tech levels. I was fought tooth and nail and Dell eventually just refused to replace it. Apparently, after reading a ton of online reviews, many of their PC are "Frankenstein'd" together using leftover and outdated / incompatible components then sold for a quick buck. Here is an email string from a supervisor named "Gail" after about 4 hours on my end with tech support and emailing back and forth.

Date: 1/31/18 2:40 PM (GMT-07:00)Subject:

Hi Martin,

We are not declining the request but system replacement is not a good option at this point. I see here that there were no history of repairs on this computer which we can take advantage of the warranty of your computer. The process will take 7 to 12 bussiness which include the shipment of the computer. Please let me know if you prefer to discuss this over the phone and I'll setup the call back for you.

Gail

--- Original Message ---
Received: 2/1/18 2:22:13 AM CST
To: "Gail_873805"
Subject: RE: Re: Dell S960099773

Hi Gail,

Are you refusing to replace my PC? I already spent 2 hours in the phone with your tech and it was a complete waste of time. Why would I do this again?

From: Gail_873805
Date: 1/31/18 9:12 AM (GMT-07:00)
Subject: RE: Re: Dell SR 960099773

Hi Martin,

I appreciate your feedback as this will help us on improving our services. I am sorry to hear that you have been experiencing this kind of issue on your computer for some time already. Is there any way that we can setup a call back today so that I can have one of my senior technician to call you and provide a resolution and a better option if possible?

Gail

--- Original Message ---
Received: 1/31/18 8:51:05 AM CST
To: "Gail_873805"
Subject: Re: Dell SR960099773

Hi Gail,

I appreciate the follow up. I was planning on calling back in today to speak with a supervisor but decided against it. As of now, I do not intend on doing business with Dell again as it is incredibly time consuming and resolution seems futile should an issue come up.

I bought my PC about 5 months months ago with the understanding it had a 1 year warranty. Over the past few weeks, the PCs sound is unresponsive and dead and it's shutting itself down spontaneously. Sometimes the sound works and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes when I reboot the sound is good and sometimes not. I've tested everything imaginable prior to calling Dell for support, updated drivers, changed cables, monitors, ran through hardware software troubleshootimlng etc. Something is wrong with the PC. Despite this, and after informing Paolo of this, I spent about an hour and a half in the phone yesterday doing the same things with no resolution. PC is still broken. After Paolo finished troubleshooting he explained that Norton Anti-virus was causing the issue or issues which makes no sense to me. I've never used / configured the program and it's been been dormant since I got the PC. In any event, it's still broken. I told Paolo all of this and asked him if I needed to go through all of this again if my PC was still experiencing the same issues and he told me we would need to do more troubleshooting and that a replacement wasn't possible despite it being under warranty. As a last resort I could sent it back to Dell and have them try to fix it. I do not want to be stuck with a lemon and do not have funds to buy another one and can't be without a PC as I use it daily for work Id expect with Dell or any other reputable company to honor a 1 year warranty and replace the unit without pulling teeth and fighting tooth and nail.

Paolo was.polite and professional in every way but I feel yesterday's call was a waste of time and I'm still stuck with a bad PC.

Thanks for listening and sorry for the rant, didn't expect to have to go through this.

Please let me know if you can help and what my options are.

Thanks much.

Martin

From: Gail_873805
Date: 1/30/18 4:33 PM (GMT-07:00)
Subject: Dell SR 960099773

Hi Martin,

This is Gail, the supervisor of Paolo whom you spoke with recently from Dell Technical Support. I understand that we have assisted you in troubleshooting issue on your system. I just wanted to follow up with you to ensure everything was resolved to your satisfaction.

Your satisfaction is our topmost priority. Feel free to share any feedback from the service you received from us. Your feedback will be strictly confidential which will be used for the improvement of Dell Technical Support Service.

Gai

adamw47
2/1/18

I bought very expensive laptop from Dell, Alienware 17.
If they will not change the way how they sell their products, Dell will go down soon or later. Their sales department should be fired tomorrow, all of them .Otherwise very good brand.

If Dell would sell cars, they will sell you winter tyres during the summer. Do you want roof window? Ok, you can have it, but only if you buy sunglasses. Thats how Dell works.

cyndil14
1/24/18

Not to go into too much detail but I've been buying Dell's for 20 years. I've worked on many different brands of computer both from a user standpoint and a repair standpoint.

I can only say, that when it's time to buy a new one, I buy a Dell. When someone asks me for a recommendation, I recommend Dell. I've never had major trouble with anything. From tech support to quality.

abzert
1/24/18

Great Laptop for the price with a great battery life and a good build quality , performance is speedy ,Overall experience is good.

111 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the Dell staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Dell