Review of Dell

us_sales@dell.com
2018 Customer choice award

ziyadq
1/15/19

MY LAPTOP IS STILL UNDER WARRANTY ,SO CALLED DELL BECASE MY WI-FI WAS DISCONNECTING AND THE SOUND WAS GETTING BAD.SO I WAS ASKED TO SEND IN FOR REPAIR.THEN I GET AN EMAIL THAT THEY WANT 120 TO REPAIR THE LAPTOP WHICH IS STILL ANDER WARRANTY.SO I CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE TO SEE WHAY SHOILD I HAVE TO PAY AND WAS CONNECTED TO RAPAIR DEPARTMENT SOME WHERE IN INDIA WHO SAID TO ME PAY OR WE SENT THE LAPTOP BACK BECAUSE THE PROBLEM IS NOT COVERED UNDER WARRANTY.IN A VERY RUDE WAY WHICH MADE ME VERY MAD .IN SHORT VERY VERY VERY BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE AND BY FAR THE WORST COMPANY.

angelay27
12/5/18

On 11.23.2018, I purchased via online a laptop from Dell.com; I was promised expedited shipping with the understanding that I would receive my laptop by 11.30.2018, as of today 12.5.2018 I have not received this item. Each time I call customer service they are of no help at all, I am been told that the item is still at the manufacture. I checked the status today (12.05.2018) and the laptop left Fedex Hub @ 6:25 a.m. The new estimated delivery date is now 12.6.2018 @ the end of the day. This laptop was purchased with the hope of being able to use it during my final exams. I am extremely frustrated and highly disappointed in Dell. I will never purchase another Dell product as long as I live. Angela Y. A very disappointed ex- Dell consumer.

patk88
11/11/18

Some of the members of our computer club, decades ago, had Dell computers, but I did extensive research and bought another brand, which served me very well for many years. Nothing is as good as the old days! I'm switching to a MAC.

tonnyj3
11/2/18

I bought a Dell Inspiron laptop a couple of years ago and it has served quite a long time. Recently though the video card gave out so I had to get it fixed. Its good for work or browsing the internet, but not exactly suited for gaming. Its 17 inches wide and it feels kinda huge so I would not recommend that.

nicholasd79
11/1/18

I bought an XPS laptop and it arrived dead. I had to call to get a replacement. While I was able to reach someone to help it wasn't good service. Outsourced service and the call quality was just bad. I did receive a replacement laptop but it took too long. They make good products but they need to work a lot on theyre customer service teams!

rowanh11
10/30/18

All the computing machinery by Dell is much reliable. They have one of the best computers for personal and professional use. Much reliable services!

maxl44
8/28/18

I work for Discovery we have around 1000 machines, i have so many issues to just get in touch with Dell on UK, i cannot stress my manager enough that we need a change of brand. Horrible experience. Not recommended.

monicag83
8/20/18

I purchased a computer from Dell online, the Inspiron, for my final year of college since I found a job that would keep me from the library. THE LAPTOP IS HORRIBLE! The first issue was that it would get stuck, then there was a glitch in the screen that caused a black square, now it simply does not do anything. I have contacted customer service multiple times and the just gave me the run around. I never received information on my warranty. In fact, THE CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE NEVER EMAILED ME BACK! I asked if the computer was refurbished before purchasing it. I even used my scholarship to purchase it. I am going to continue to spread the word about Dell because I wouldn't go to any other company like people told me. I am disappointed and disgusted!

brians299
8/4/18
• Updated review

As requested by Dell, I scheduled a service call with their Advanced Resolution Group to try and resolve the issue. The first scheduled call they did NOT call within the two-hour window that I provided them. The second time I scheduled a call with them and provided them with a two-hour window they called two hours AFTER the meeting was scheduled. They were unprofessional and showed a total disrespect and disregard for my time.

Tip for consumers: Purchase from a different brand that values customers and puts an emphasis on customer service. Avoid Dell products at all costs.

“Defective product that Dell does not back! (Their IT is even worse)”
3/11/18
• Previous review

I purchased a Dell Inspiron 17-7779 2-in-1 and it has been nothing but a problem since I purchased it. The fan is EXTREMELY loud (up to 45db when running) and it will turn on and run when you are doing the most mundane processes (like using a website). I sent it to Dell twice to be repaired and they replaced the heat sink and the fan, only to continue to have it come on and run extremely loud. When their IT had it, they erased the second hard drive I installed both times without permission. (their excuse (from their non-English speaking associates) was that they didn't know why they erased the second hard drive and that it shouldn't have been done. Out of the year that I have had the computer, it has been basically unusable for 6 months because the fan is too loud to do any serious work on and it gets slow when it gets hot. They do not stand by their products, and if they've "repaired" this twice and it is acting up again then they need to conduct a recall because it is a horrible engineering flaw on their part. I will NOT purchase a Dell laptop ever again, and would advise everyone else to avoid them as well. I have a Lenovo laptop that is two years older than this Dell piece of junk, and the fan never comes on when using even resource-heavy applications (like Adobe). Purchase any other brand of a laptop before you purchase a Dell, and if you have one, do NOT send it to their service center for repair.

Tip for consumers: Purchase from any other brand before even considering a Dell.

charlesm473
7/16/18

I was honestly surprised when the operative on the phone was so polite and stayed online with me until my problem was resolved.it is probably the first time that that has happened to me.

mb345
7/16/18

I ordered a laptop on the Dell website. It took me 4 tries before I was only ordering 1 laptop.. my cart wouldnt let me delete multiple laptops as I tried to add and delete upgrades.?!?!? Very frustrating. I place my order and get the usual security verification email... I call Dell support # provided. The guy in the end blah blah blah its all good Mr order is processed . Notification #2 I call blah blah blah.... yes Sir your order is processed.. Next day email order is canceled?!???? Now I have spent 1hr on hold and called for the 3rd time..... to be continued..

anht15
7/5/18

I ordered a Dell laptop in the US for a relative in Vietnam, and was unaware that without changing the owner of the laptop and basically re-registering the item for my relative, the warranty would be invalid in Vietnam (funny how a smaller company like Acer has international warranty). Anyway, fast forward 11 months and the laptop stopped working; the relative was told there was a problem with the hard drive, and it would cost almost as much as the laptop itself to repair it. I decided to request for a change in ownership, and did not receive any confirmation or notification about my request, even though I followed every step given by a Dell customer service representative. Near the end of the warranty, and about a month after my then repeated requests, I received an email from this person who supposedly works for Dell, and the only thing he said was "Would you like to extend your warranty?", which should be quite obvious that you'd have to pay some hefty amount.
Aside from the fact that this laptop broke within 11 months, the other one I bought is slow to the point of near uselessness, even though it was advertised to work smoothly with Windows 10. An XPS 13 I bought, while having a decent (not great) screen, is also slow and can in no way compete with an Apple laptop, which is what the XPS is built to compete with.
I'm happily using an Acer Aspire now, and it's been running consistently without any problem. This one time there was a small issue with the screen, and Acer offered to replace the whole screen for free, and even paid for the shipping label. That, I think, is a company you want to trust. Not Dell.

deborahb323
6/19/18

Bought a new computer it would not operate from the word go. I ring Dell warranty service.Dell sends me a confirmation email to confirm Tech service will come and fix computer in my home. Small print on email says that Dell will be using REFURBISHED PARTS and if need be will replace MY NEW DESKTOP COMPUTER with a REFURBISHED COMPUTER if they cannot fix it. Paypal for a refund thanks, then they lie and carry on. Very upsetting and not to mention disappointing...so looking forward to my new computer....and cost about $3K

alejandrod25
6/14/18

I had one order that was sent back because they just couldn't reach me over the phone once!!! I contacted their chat for no reason cause all they do is send you to their verification team. After waiting for an hour on hold got to talk to a representative and he was close to helpless and finally understood that I did not want a product that had taken a week and a half just for me to know that it wasn't coming. When he said that I was gonna get a refund after a week I was kind of relieved but after 9 days I tried to contact their verification team twice waiting for an hour each time with no luck so I can receive a refund for a product THAT I NEVER SAW. Unacceptable that a multi-million company has this lousy customer service and so much trouble just to get a product that was bought, no returns no repairs just a simple transaction. I advise everyone to stay away from the dell website if you like their products consider a reseller but personally I'll never buy their stuff ever again. This is my info in case a Dell representative reads reviews(I doubt it)
Dell purchase id: 2006825306165
Product: Inspiron 15 5000 Series - 5570
Order #: 370470618

mikew472
5/24/18

Bought a laptop manufactured by them a few years ago. One day a large number of bad pixels appeared on the screen so I called them and they send over a DHL deliverman right to my house. After 2 weeks he came back with a fixed laptop. Thats what I call a professional customer care!

davet125
5/8/18

Appalling, and there was me thinking I was the only one experiencing poor Customer Service. My son worked part time whilst at College to buy a Dell 13/5000 2 in 1 laptop. It was hyped by PC World as fast and great storage. Well by the time we brought it home it would seem that Dell have upgraded the processor from the Pentium Gold to an I3 or I5 processor. Clearly they realised that it was useless. Dell Customer Service have been so rude and unhelpful (deepak ) I was then asked to contact PC World which I did and they palmed me off to Dell and I have been boomeranged between the two. I went to CashConverters and they would not buy it and its brand new and Cex just laughed at the processor and say its worth 99 pounds. Honestly give Dell a wide berth, they don't care about customers, my son is 17 and it is all his hard earned money down the drain. All I get from Deepak is I understand the inconvenience, but clearly they dont. If BMW made a shoddy car, they would have to have it returned but Computer companies seem able and willing to rip you off. Stick to Apple even they are expensive, at least they work.

hamide3
5/2/18

I'm using dell since 5 year and i was always facing issue with their machine. Suddenly my wifi device stop working i try to reach their support team but they offer me to buy new laptop never resolve my issue. They told me you should buy our paid support service. They never provide me any valid solution so i can fix it my self. Also if you are on one os and you want to install another os then you should buy their new laptop according to their worst support.

wservet
4/27/18

quality products
if you are going to buy trustworthy product then dell one of the best. screen, design i really loved it.

paull334
4/18/18

I think Dell provide good value for money always. However, sometimes, their screen isn't good enough to their competitors'. But if you need better hardware spec, then Dell is good place to shop.

tonyf64
4/17/18

The great thing about dell computers in my opinion is getting some of their older ones from people that just have them sitting around or around different sites from home users to gain from the parts. There are a lot of older dell pcs that you can get i7 CPUs in that still run for around $300 today & if you have the money could make some decent budget build computers to resell or use yourself. Personally I can not afford to do with or I would as most of these old computers only run at about $60-$100 if you just look around.

Rating Dell as a company I can not say anything bad about them though honestly I think everyone is better off building their own computers because there is always something that could have been better wither its the motherboard, the cpu, the power supply, or what ever. For the price it costs to buy a computer name, you can make an even better computer yourself in most cases.

I still give Dell 5 stars though because they do make some decent builds though I think prices are a bit much sometimes.

riosd2
3/13/18

Love dell products!! The best equipment I have bought and never had any problems with my computers lasting a while!

craigc95
3/7/18

Dell used to make quality products and they used to stand behind them. Those days are long gone. Many other companies make better computers and the Dell customer service is plain horrible. I purchased a Dell laptop 3 months ago and it has never worked properly. I spent hours on the phone with Dell techs to try to solve the issues. I then had to send it back to them in Jan. It was returned and I cannot use it. It locks up all the time. It is currently froze up and cannot do anything. Dell wishes for me to send it back to service again. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere to buy a laptop. Dell is junk these days

abels35
2/20/18

I have been trying to use my earned credit. One week an counting just to make a purchase. I have my credentials and all my dell info. Buy they ask me by email more and more info. I have chat with them several times, last thing is that I have to send an screenshot of my logged account plus and textual words that I authorize my purchases. This looks like a bad joke, screen are very easy to fake, and how is possible that having me on the phone they can't verify my identity/ownership of my reward. No words to describe... just bad costumer service and and horrible shopping experience.

astridn1
2/20/18

I purchsed an Inspiron July 2016. It died in Feb 2017. After a few weeks of remote service they told me it oulw need a new motherboard and to send it back. I sent it back in March. Over the next few weeks I got updates, repairs were backed up, then parts weren't avaiable. More waiting. No parts, anywhere! I was told they would replace the computer. More waiting as an exact match (gold) was not available. Finally in early July I received a new Inspiron. The new one started shutting down repeated. Called tech support. "Sorry, your warranty has expired" The brand new Inspiron arrived with the old warranty! Not a mistake. Dell's policy to to add the old service tag to the new computer, hence old warranty! Dell policy I was told. Dell
laptop dead after 7 months. Replacement now dead after 7 months. Of course I was offered to buy a new warranty. Unbelievably bad, how much money is Dell willing to gouge out of me? And yes telephone help are super polite, they read their scripts, and are outsourced in Philippines or India.

bend149
2/16/18

I have bought quite a few laptops from Dell and wanted to but a bluetooth headset today. I had never been late and owed them nothing. I wasted 45 minutes on chat only to find out my account had been closed.
What a waste of time. Guess I am going to Staples.

111 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I have. I found it to be rather easy providing you ship back within the allowed period which I believe to be 30 days. They provide shipping return labels and you send everything back in the original boxes.

By Ginny D.

Questions? Get answers from the Dell staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Dell