Review of Dell

us_sales@dell.com
2018 Customer choice award

paulr584
7/16/19

My higher end dell computer broke 3 times in the 1st year. Their "award winning" customer support is an absolute nightmare. I've been a loyal customer to dell for the last 20 years and it has slipped so much. Never again will I purchase from them.

joannac72
7/16/19

This is the second Dell product I have bought in 4yrs. The first one stopped working after 6wks. It had a Vista operating system. I had been ill for over a year, so had to update and stupidly, took the salesman in currys at his word (he said Dell laptops had seriously improved ) so I purchased another. Six months later the power adapter has stopped working and I can't get a replacement anywhere. Including Dell's own helpdesk, based in India, who keep putting me through to the UK people, who advise me to go back to currys and buy an adapter (which I've done 3 times and had to return 3 times cause they don't work!) I CAN'T BUY A SUITABLE REPLACEMENT ADAPTER DIRECT FROM DELL! WHAT INSANITY IS THIS.
DO NOT BUY THEIR RUBBISH PRODUCTS. I'VE WASTED ALMOST £1000 NOW I WILL BUY FROM APPLE.
DELL DO NOT HAVE A CLUE ABOUT MAKING PRODUCTS THAT LAST OR CUSTOMER SERVICE. BE WARNED PEOPLE!!

timothyw141
7/5/19

They credit scored my business without consent. The response was to blame others even though i had a recorded call stating otherwise. Man up Dell and take responsibility for your appalling service

caesarc
6/24/19

Hello
Im starting a class action suit against dell he has a business in the united states of America and the dell India team is saying they are coperate. I have a computer i bought a year and a half ago the computer was fixed at best buy once and 4 times at dell and once in my home i reported the computer had a problem 2 weeks ago and it came back 1 month ago from repair. These people are steeling from us the us people and Michell Dell is using them to his advantage. He is the greediest man in the US and the us government is doing nothing about it lets all get together and start a class action suit agent DELL Ill be posting a website here for a list of people need your help to stop thieves that are using offshore support

like DELL. Please dont forget to com back

jamesw1139
6/22/19

I've got a laptop Dell. What I can say is that it works very fast without any problems. I bought a laptop that was used by another person but the quality of this machine is pretty good. I can compare this laptop with Sony. I must admit Sone has better screens than Dell. In others, they are both work good without any problems.

carlosm226
6/13/19

With Intel core 9 with 12 gb of ram and 1000gb of storage plus graphic card Nvidia, of any brand that is economical for Colombia specifically in Bogota, can be all in one but would prefer with gamer tower

lisac845
6/10/19

I purchased my first ever Dell computer 2 years ago. I paid more for the laptop than I ever had any other because I was told it was the best. Within 2 months I had my first issue with the charging of the laptop. I called warrenty and they repaired it. Great, except here I am 2 years later with the same issue. I have had to call service multiple times for this same issue. They have replaced the port 3 times, the charger 4 times, the motherboard, the keyboard and the casing. I requested a new laptop after my 3rd service call but was told " This repair will fix it", well it didn't and here I am 2 years later with the same issue. I just had it repaired for the same issue AGAIN in Feb 2019, charger out again now and I am out of warranty.I think I will put this Dell in the trash where it belongs and go to HP. Dont waist your money on this laptop unless you have plenty of time to spend on the phone and waiting for service that will not fix the issue.

alim176
6/8/19

Dell has the ability to delete your emails, and access your computer directly. Purchased a software from them and they deleted my license code for that software and they said it was due to security of the license key, and then they sent me another key and immediately deleted that key also after 1 week. They will hack and access your computer. Your computer will begin to blue screen as soon as your warranty has expired. I couldn't believe that this was possible but it is.. Find an alternative company to use for you computer needs.

nimrahs
6/3/19

The Dell products are very good.... All the electronics from dells I have had a good experience.... No complain againsf dells electronic..... The laptops from dells are very good.... Thanks dell

fatimas26
5/31/19

Dell makes some of the best laptops money can buy although it was gifted to me by my dad. Dell makes every type of laptop you can imagine.

mariag390
5/30/19

Ok, This is my review, not just the website but also about my best companion, XPS 13, i love it, i am someone that have to adjust times and tools and at this present moment of time Dell XPS 13 is my fab tool. i also need to tell everyone and have many other brands in the pass and i didn't find nothing better for me right now, my last was a macbook pro, i do fell that battery life was better on the mac, but was also too heavy, i travel quite often and i do like to just travel with my carry on, so and extra kilo is not good for me.

damiettac
5/30/19

I'm using the monitor, the product is of a good quality. Can recommend to everyone who is looking for one.

justinm347
5/29/19

Never again will I do business with Dell. I received a birthday $20 coupon in the mail which clearly stated it was good for and suggested brands other than Dell (see photo). When attempting to use it, it was denied. Customer service told me it was only good for Dell products despite the "Save $20 on your electronics purchase of $100 or more from top brands like Bose, Amazon, Logitech and Nest". Zero mention in the fine print about being limited to Dell brand only. I fought tooth and nail for Dell to honor it but they just keep giving the run around from one person to another, "Oh we'll put in a request to such and such". Weeks later, nothing. Worst gift ever. This isn't the first time Dell has shown shady practices. I had an XPS laptop which had a recall on the battery since it would expand and damage internals. Well, the battery damaged my motherboard and just shut off one day. They offered to replace the battery only. They claimed the battery could not have caused the damage to the motherboard. Lucky for me, my credit card approved an extended warranty claim. Once Dell returned the laptop, some buttons on the keyboard no longer functioned. They were fine before the laptop crashed on me. Again, I had to fight with Dell for them to fix it. Eventually they did after weeks of arguing but they should have covered the initial repair in the first place. I guess it was just a coincidence that both the motherboard and keyboard had issues at the same time that the battery expanded. I've had enough of Dell's shenanigans. I will not support this company in the future and would highly suggest others follow suit.

angelof33
5/27/19

I recommend Dell computer's because of their high qualities and services. I bought my Dell computer 4 years ago.

fortuneo
5/26/19

Dell is the best budget PC I've used with a good display quality. It doesn't crash, works smooth and reliable.

raufk1
5/21/19

It's the best computer company.
Dell fullfills the demands of every hand. Very friendly working. Mostly, i use dell accessories. It works smothly. It doesn't hangs on. It's liked world wide. It's first choice of everyone. At least, i am in love with dell technology.

beverlyp95
5/19/19

I absolutely will never buy another Dell computer ever. I've had this laptop a very short time and from day one, it didn't work correctly. From the very first start up, it would rev up like it was overheated. Within a month it was constantly saying it couldn't recognize it's own adapter, there is no way to copy and paste because as soon as you highlight anything and try to click on it, the highlight goes away. So irritated with this company. I will say that the people I've had to talk to have always been very polite and have tried to help but it's never worked.

shivamn2
4/26/19

no responce from dell in india,,i m the customer of dell..bhut bakwaas h dell services,,ye sirf bewkoof baante h cusmoter ko

meghanj8
4/23/19

Dell has plummeted in the past decade, least in terms of quality. I've gone through 2 laptops in just under ten years and this third one is already showing issues within a year of purchase. The laptop constantly gives me charging issues and the fan is already off center/making weird noises.

Customer service isn't too good either. Yes people are personable and try their best on the phone but you try to get past that? Forget it. I actually have their premium support under my warranty and that's yielded nothing but headaches and my laptop still encountering problems.

I'm gonna switch to HP asap.

jessc75
3/21/19

I bought two of these laptops, we do have one HP that my older daughter uses for school, a MAC that I have had forever and my younger daughter uses, so my husband and I thought we would buy some new ones for ourselves. One for my husband for his business and one for myself for school. Long story short, the biggest mistake of my life. Not even a year old and one of them needs a new hardrive and the other one has constant problems. So if you want to avoid any issues get a MAC or HP.

adrieng10
3/2/19

I am so disappointed with the warranty and customer service department for Dell. The customer service department was rude when I was trying to figure out why my laptop that is less than a year old didn't have the accident damage coverage that is included in the price. I feel like they website was misleading. I don't get the warranty coverage because I didn't click on a box saying I wanted it??? Who wouldn't want a warranty that is included? They kept transferring me to different departments. Then hung up on me. My purchase may not be important to DELL, but it is a big purchase for me.

gurjits4
2/18/19

I recently placed two orders for 2 TVs, following are the order numbers: 456484996 and 456647568. My cousin went to Best Buy's (Geek Squad) to get the mounting and calibration service. So they offered him a really good price for the TV and as long as he got the extended protection, they gave him Mounting and Calibration for free. So I called Dell customer support to return my TVs(that are not even delivered yet) and to my surprise I am told that I would have to pay a 15% restocking fee. I talked to Customer Care Supervisor Arun Parsad and tried to explain to him that there was no mention of the restocking fee on the order page but no one really listened to me so I requested a call back from the Customer Care Manager Shane Mills. She called back and basically told me that there is nothing that she could do and was about to hang up and then I asked her if she can get me the name of her supervisor to which she bluntly said no and also denied me to record any phone conversation. This is really bad customer service, first there is no mention of the restocking fee on the order page, and the fact that I don't even have the TVs delivered yet, I haven't even touched them let alone open them. I have bought numerous times from Dell and other retailers and wherever there's a restocking fee, it specifically says on the webpage or on the product packaging and that's only if the customer opens the product. I have bought my gaming RIG and Alienware from Dell and was thinking of grabbing the new XPS but with this kind of customer service I don't feel confident in doing business with Dell anymore. I wasn't not asking for anything special here, just wanted to return the product and have my money back as there is no need of those TVs to me right now. And also, there was no delivery fee, if there was one and Dell would like me to pay for returns, not amazing customer service but still whatever, I can deal with it, but it was free delivery and now they want to charge me almost $500 for just placing an order on their website?

ziyadq
1/15/19

MY LAPTOP IS STILL UNDER WARRANTY ,SO CALLED DELL BECASE MY WI-FI WAS DISCONNECTING AND THE SOUND WAS GETTING BAD.SO I WAS ASKED TO SEND IN FOR REPAIR.THEN I GET AN EMAIL THAT THEY WANT 120 TO REPAIR THE LAPTOP WHICH IS STILL ANDER WARRANTY.SO I CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE TO SEE WHAY SHOILD I HAVE TO PAY AND WAS CONNECTED TO RAPAIR DEPARTMENT SOME WHERE IN INDIA WHO SAID TO ME PAY OR WE SENT THE LAPTOP BACK BECAUSE THE PROBLEM IS NOT COVERED UNDER WARRANTY.IN A VERY RUDE WAY WHICH MADE ME VERY MAD .IN SHORT VERY VERY VERY BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE AND BY FAR THE WORST COMPANY.

angelay27
12/5/18

On 11.23.2018, I purchased via online a laptop from Dell.com; I was promised expedited shipping with the understanding that I would receive my laptop by 11.30.2018, as of today 12.5.2018 I have not received this item. Each time I call customer service they are of no help at all, I am been told that the item is still at the manufacture. I checked the status today (12.05.2018) and the laptop left Fedex Hub @ 6:25 a.m. The new estimated delivery date is now 12.6.2018 @ the end of the day. This laptop was purchased with the hope of being able to use it during my final exams. I am extremely frustrated and highly disappointed in Dell. I will never purchase another Dell product as long as I live. Angela Y. A very disappointed ex- Dell consumer.

patk88
11/11/18

Some of the members of our computer club, decades ago, had Dell computers, but I did extensive research and bought another brand, which served me very well for many years. Nothing is as good as the old days! I'm switching to a MAC.

111 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Warranty just repairs until you are out of warranty time, then they send you to " Out of Warranty" to get more of your money.

By Lisa C.

Don't buy a dell. Buy a Mac or hp. Dell is a waste of money

By Jess C.

Questions? Get answers from the Dell staff and other customers.

5 Photos for Dell