Amazon

2018 CUSTOMER CHOICE AWARD

Amazon has a consumer rating of 4.26 stars from 8,708 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Amazon also ranks 5th among Marketplace sites.

• 2: The majority of the time their customer service is excellent...
  • I am a Amazon Prime member, which means I pay about $80 a year to get free two-day shipping on my purchases.
  • 2018 Customer Choice Winner

• I even called the customer service rep to make sure it wound be delivered in 2 days.
  • My worst shopping experience ever and I'm 82, and it was/is At Amazon.com.
  • The delivery date spanned two weeks which was a good indicator it was coming from China.
How would you rate Amazon?

“FIDAC Jump Rope: Perfect Workout Tool”

Gloria G.
12/31/19

First I have to say, you will get a good whooping from these when you first try to find your rhythm haha lol I messed up soo many times but I can do it better now, I like them because it helps me warm up quicker than stretching before exercise. It is lightweight and the handles are really amazing. Made to be soft and able to grip easily even if sweating. It is easy to shorten the length, easy for beginners since I learned how to jump rope using this one but if it hits your leg it will sting (the only drawback of the metal cable). You start to feel it in your legs and realize you aren't a kid anymore.

“Liars”

Christopher P.
1/28/20

Offered a promo for downloading their app and signing in for the first time with it. Did just that and I got a notification stating that my promo was denied. Contacted customer support and was informed of certain other "criteria" that was never initially stated. Went up to an alleged supervisor and he didn't solve the issue. Asked to speak to his boss and was denied. Have screenshot proof of the entire thing.

Reviews (8,708)

customer service (1138) 2 days (140) prime member (541) return policy (114) order (2133) credit card (130) shopping experience (98) love shopping (78) items (1127) great prices (142) great service (119) delivery date (56)
christopherp473
January 28th, 2020
valeriem284
June 25th, 2020
Amazon delivery driver left my package in the driveway. It contained beef jerky and was eaten by a local dog. The app said the package was handed to the resident. So I guess they lie also. Will not be ordering anything from Amazon as long as they hire people like this. Unbelievably poor customer service.
seang211
June 21st, 2020
So, I have been an Amazon prime member for a few months, I have ordered about 8 times from them in those months. However their drivers do not understand how to follow delivery instructions. Now I have had a package vandalized and they took half. I'm at my wit's end with Amazon and their over seas call centers. I will be canceling my prime membership. Their escalation process is the round file FYI. I ask that packages be left on a chair pushed into a table and they leave it by my front door.
johnw2449
March 9th, 2020
Every time the amazon delivery drivers have a package to deliver at out apartment building, they buzz every apartment. Several tenants have complained and they will do nothing about it unless I provide them with the recipient's name and order number, which I don't have. I even asked the driver if they would stop, and he rolled his eyes at me and walked away. Unacceptable. I'm tired of them waking my baby.
vh49
March 23rd, 2020
There's lots of bad people abusing of others on Amazon. Always be careful. I tried to warn consumer about someone selling dollar store items over 30$ and amazon blocked my review. I tried telling Amazon but they won't heat anything. So they're as bad as the crooks. They do have good deals and fast and free shipping. It is very interesting to shop there. Be careful.
aliceb491
June 15th, 2020
Amazon was great... Now... Amazon stinks... just try to contact them. Can't be bothered so they direct you in so many different directions. And I just wanted to report a scammer who has called me twice pretending to be Amazon... but Amazon probably doesn't give a damn anyway. Too busy collecting our money... the hell with any questions... it didn't used to be like this. They cared back in the day. Not my Amazon anymore... I even cancelled my prime.
sandras1047
May 1st, 2020
Tried to contact Amazon chat and phone not working, driver delivered package broke our screen door and lied and said he gave package to homeowner, because if would of taken picture it would show a busted door, shame on Amazon and driver. Pray I dont see the driver that did delivered package. What bothers me more is that he lied
donnaj392
June 2nd, 2020
Second time in the last month that I order something, and the wrong item received. Gave 2 stars, because they did refund my money. But not sure if I want to continue to shop with them. Frustrating to order what you want, but keep receiving things you have no use for. My last order was for an edger blade, instead I received air filters for a John Deer. Not sure if a mower or tractor, don't have a John Deer.
byrond27
August 24th, 2020
My wife and I have been prime members for many years and have ordered 100's of products from Amazon. Never a bad experience. Products delivered promptly, and issues are quickly resolved. Their prices are very fair, and their customer service is excellent. Usually they are the best price, but occasionally another online company might be lower. Unless the difference is significant, we buy from Amazon because we trust them. Considering the number of difficulties I've had with other online companies, such as Newegg, I encourage you to shop with Amazon.
arlenem114
June 16th, 2020
I am very disappointed that you are selling... BLUE LIVES MURDER SHIRTS!
That is so disgusting and disrespectful to Police Officers! I am an Amazon Prime member and I have many family & friends that are also Amazon Prime Members! I will make sure that they all pull their memberships and we will ALL take our business somewhere else! If I were you, I would think very hard about selling those and degrading Police Officers like that!
scottr755
March 12th, 2020
Amazon is a great site but they are not big on privacy. Usually has the best prices for purchasing stuff if you don't want to wait or deal directly with China. Their website is safe and orders are guaranteed. Amazon prime is a must if you plan on using Amazon much at all because of the free shipping. Now with one day shipping on a lot of items it's really convenient.

Also on the rare occasion I have had to contact customer service they have a call back option and it's usually instant. Never had a problem with customer service at Amazon as of yet.
alant261
June 17th, 2020
Worst customer service of all time, there is no one at this trillion dollar company that can help a very active prime member fix a mistake that happened when my personal credit card was compromised and I was the victim of fraud. They have locked my account and are absolutely impossible to deal with. No one in customer "non-service" can understand what the issue really is and Amazon.com apparently has no way to service the account so that I can right the error and move on with my life. HORRIBLE COMPANY, BAD SERVICE!
lindaa762
April 24th, 2020
I am sick of amazon refusing to allow me to review books because I haven't "purchased" more than $50 worth of products off them.
I feel it's absolutely irrelevant. I buy from other sites or get a free book & no other review platform has ever refused.
At a time when no one has extra money & some struggling to put food on the table Amazon are still wanting to scrape every last penny from book readers.
SHAME ON YOU AMAZON
nigeln
April 4th, 2020
Amazon no longer allows its regular customers to write reviews on its site. To write a review, you have to spend a minimum of $50 Debit or Credit card purchases per year. Reviews can only be written by the wealthy. Poor customers can buy products from amazon but their voice doesn't count.
kimberlyl506
March 15th, 2020
Please never sale your products with Amazon Seller Central.
My experience has been frustrating with there difficult website to navigate. With lots of complicated rules. And there's so many things on their sellers website it's overwhelming. If you have questions about a product you're selling. They will most likely want you to email them. There is a way around it. When you have the Option to pick advertiser or seller. Pick advertiser and they'll suggest you give a email or phone number. Click the button that says immediate attention Call Me Now. Is how to reach customer service over the phone. Because they don't have a direct phone number line to call for help. I've spent way too many hours trying to figure out their website.
fergusm2
July 3rd, 2020
I purchase a 3 person Jobe towable on Amazon. It arrived in good time. We used it with two people once. After 40 minutes of use, it deflated quite quickly. Back on dry land we examined and found that the inner tube was badly cut in the same shape as the webbing stitching inside the towable. Nearly a mirror cut pattern. We open a chain in Amazon. It automatically posts a response that your issue with be responded to in 7 days. After nine-days, I contacted Amazon through the live chat. That was 30 minutes of getting nowhere. I just gave up in the end. Really shocking customer service
kennethc344
January 31st, 2020
Nice product. Can't tell you how well it works because I had to send it back due to the color. It's not "brown" it's tan. (See photo) I'm renovating parts of my RV and needed BROWN to match what's in here from the manufacturer, I ordered BROWN and this clearly isn't going to work. It also isn't "ivory" shipped to me in error. I don't know what you call it, I just know it's not BROWN.
veneishab
July 5th, 2020
Customer service has gotten worse over time.
I have ordered products since April and now it's July; the products were not delivered and I'm going through hell to get my money back. They say I'm filing a-z claim over and over. I keep calling and chatting and the same thing. No money back and product on its way since April
timw26
January 12th, 2020
I contacted Amazon non-support. I was signed up and paying for a service I did not authorize. I inquired about which IP or specific device I used, they could only say it was from a Kindle. I don't own a kindle or never have. I believe that this is fraud. They would only refund two months of payment. If anyone else has this situation please also post about it. I want a full refund from Amazon for charging me for something I did not authorize!
reallyf
August 22nd, 2020
They have made customer service their last priority. Please don't expect delivery times to be accurate and then don't expect to be able to contact customer service unless you jump through some awkward and unpublished hoops. For the future of humanity and the internet, if your item is offered somewhere else for a similar price, buy it from somewhere else.
elias11
August 20th, 2020
Great service, great support, love their movies. I hope they will have more free one day shipping for prime members.
elizabetho275
July 19th, 2020
Bought many items from Amazon in past, probably won't in future. Never received a product, filed complaint. Amazon said they would respond in 7 days; they never did. I tried to leave a review to warn other buyers, but Amazon sent me an email stating I could only review the actual product (since I never received it, that's impossible). Guess Bezos needed my $20.
gloriag177
December 31st, 2019
You start to feel it in your legs and realize you aren't a kid anymore.
alexo116
January 17th, 2020
If you ever bought from Samsung or eBay. Will really appreciate Amazon. They would send a replacement right away, and give you a flexible window to return the defective product. Big respect for the service.
lillianr12
May 10th, 2020
Very unhappy with the service at Amazon in the past 6 months. Not reliable at all. Customer service is no help at all... most their representatives are not able to help and many times are hard to understand because of their accent. Items ship extremely slow. I now only use Amazon to read reviews on products. Then I shop for those products on other websites. During the pandemic Amazon was the worst website. Taking 15 days to ship products is unacceptable. Such a shame to see this company go downhill with customer care and shipping.

I would call their customer service dept. They are all pretty knowledgeable and helpful. Good luck.

By Konstantin P.
See more answers (22)

Bought a hair dryer for my daughter in Melbourne. Arrived no probs.

By Tony A.
See more answers (44)

I have never shipped or had things shipped to or from Australia. Sorry

By Monica C.
See more answers (7)

This problem began when Amazon Market Place started up and when I saw how bad it was with sellers selling at 3 to 4 times the full retail price at other online stores, it was a hint for me to stop supporting Amazon Market Place. If its sold by Amazon, I might buy it but I do my utmost to find a lower price so I don't have to buy it from Amazon. More often than not Bestbuy or Staples has it for the same or lower price. Bought an Asus RT AC 5300 from Bestbuy for 500 Canadian and it doesn't sell for less at Amazon. Returns are no hassle 30 day returns and no shipping just take it to a local retail store and that saves the wrapping and shipping.

By Paul H.