Amazon

2018 CUSTOMER CHOICE AWARD

Amazon has a consumer rating of 4.24 stars from 9,030 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with Amazon most frequently mention customer service, free shipping and prime member. Amazon ranks 5th among Marketplace sites.

• Unlike a lot of other sites, they value their customers and have excellent customer service.
  • Wonderful selection, free Prime delivery, two-day shipping, fantastic return policy... need I say more?
  • 2018 Customer Choice Winner

• This is one of the worst sites ever to return something I have canceled my credit card I will shop somewhere else.
  • But the same thing happened again just postponed the delivery date at the day of supposed delivery.
  • Amazon couldn't explain why they didnt accept the Gift Cards?
How would you rate Amazon?

“Amazon Review”

hooded e.
12/28/20

Website: Easy to navigate, but sometimes product recommendations can be unrelated to what you searched for Product selection: Wide range, will definitely find what you are looking for + things you didnt know you needed! Shipping: very fast local shipping (arrived in 3 days), not sure about international Product quality: varies depending on the retailer. My advice is to read all the reviews/stars, and choose products with the highest ratings and most reviews

“Liars”

Christopher P.
1/28/20

Offered a promo for downloading their app and signing in for the first time with it. Did just that and I got a notification stating that my promo was denied. Contacted customer support and was informed of certain other "criteria" that was never initially stated. Went up to an alleged supervisor and he didn't solve the issue. Asked to speak to his boss and was denied. Have screenshot proof of the entire thing.

Reviews (9,030)

customer service (1141) credit card (130) return policy (114) love amazon (0) delivery date (57) shopping experience (98) gift card (0) shopping site (70) amazon account (0) bank account (0)
hoodede
December 28th, 2020
Verified purchase
christopherp473
January 28th, 2020
valeriem284
June 25th, 2020
Amazon delivery driver left my package in the driveway. It contained beef jerky and was eaten by a local dog. The app said the package was handed to the resident. So I guess they lie also. Will not be ordering anything from Amazon as long as they hire people like this. Unbelievably poor customer service.
mousyl
Mousy L.
November 27th, 2020
So most of us know Amazon by now. I ordered several different brands of disposable surgical masks on amazon recently. I work in a hospital and before the pandemic I was use to good quality surgical masks. Most of the ones; however, I have ordered from Amazon have been junk. Very thin even though they advertise 3 ply and several also had straps break the moment you put them on. If you can find surgical masks at a local store instead of in-line you'd be better served. Shipping didn't take long on most of them. A week or so.
seang211
June 21st, 2020
So, I have been an Amazon prime member for a few months, I have ordered about 8 times from them in those months. However their drivers do not understand how to follow delivery instructions. Now I have had a package vandalized and they took half. I'm at my wit's end with Amazon and their over seas call centers. I will be canceling my prime membership. Their escalation process is the round file FYI. I ask that packages be left on a chair pushed into a table and they leave it by my front door.
yadiu
Yadi U.
July 14th, 2020
I love amzn and we order everything if we could through here - clothes, food, furniture, bath stuff, laundry stuff, kitchen etc. It's worth the prime membership because you do get extras. I always get my items to me fast. There are some sellers which are just plain nasty so you gotta be careful what you buy, read all the reviews. We purchased a neck pillow only to get a used one. It was possibly the worst item to receive. We called and amzn fixed it asap.
johnw2449
March 9th, 2020
Every time the amazon delivery drivers have a package to deliver at out apartment building, they buzz every apartment. Several tenants have complained and they will do nothing about it unless I provide them with the recipient's name and order number, which I don't have. I even asked the driver if they would stop, and he rolled his eyes at me and walked away. Unacceptable. I'm tired of them waking my baby.
aliceb491
June 15th, 2020
Amazon was great... Now... Amazon stinks... just try to contact them. Can't be bothered so they direct you in so many different directions. And I just wanted to report a scammer who has called me twice pretending to be Amazon... but Amazon probably doesn't give a damn anyway. Too busy collecting our money... the hell with any questions... it didn't used to be like this. They cared back in the day. Not my Amazon anymore... I even cancelled my prime.
vh49
March 23rd, 2020
There's lots of bad people abusing of others on Amazon. Always be careful. I tried to warn consumer about someone selling dollar store items over 30$ and amazon blocked my review. I tried telling Amazon but they won't heat anything. So they're as bad as the crooks. They do have good deals and fast and free shipping. It is very interesting to shop there. Be careful.
byrond27
August 24th, 2020
My wife and I have been prime members for many years and have ordered 100's of products from Amazon. Never a bad experience. Products delivered promptly, and issues are quickly resolved. Their prices are very fair, and their customer service is excellent. Usually they are the best price, but occasionally another online company might be lower. Unless the difference is significant, we buy from Amazon because we trust them. Considering the number of difficulties I've had with other online companies, such as Newegg, I encourage you to shop with Amazon.
gloriag177
December 31st, 2019
First I have to say, you will get a good whooping from these when you first try to find your rhythm haha lol I messed up soo many times but I can do it better now, I like them because it helps me warm up quicker than stretching before exercise. It is lightweight and the handles are really amazing. Made to be soft and able to grip easily even if sweating. It is easy to shorten the length, easy for beginners since I learned how to jump rope using this one but if it hits your leg it will sting (the only drawback of the metal cable).
You start to feel it in your legs and realize you aren't a kid anymore.
erinl232
Erin L.
December 14th, 2020
You still can't beat Amazon Prime! For most items, I'll always look on Amazon first for pricing or availability. But I will say lately there's more junk brands. I don't even buy anything I ingest or put on my face/body due to horror stories about things being expired and their lackluster sorting of inventory - from who its from. But everything else, I still buy on Amazon. Stellar customer service.
sandras1047
May 1st, 2020
Tried to contact Amazon chat and phone not working, driver delivered package broke our screen door and lied and said he gave package to homeowner, because if would of taken picture it would show a busted door, shame on Amazon and driver. Pray I dont see the driver that did delivered package. What bothers me more is that he lied
trishr50
November 2nd, 2020
Been waiting for a tent for two months. They deliberately lead me to believe that it would arrive on the 30 of oct. It did not. Now it cost me over 200.00 and they will not give me back my money. Paid with a gift card and i have no refund. This is the 2 of November. There is not phone number to call anyone and i found a *******810 number but no one answers. I will never do business with them again. Other items were of poor value and some were even missing parts. I'd rather do without.
chrisp188
June 30th, 2020
I've had generally good experiences with Amazon. Their company practices when it comes to workers' rights, working conditions, and workers' compensation, are all abysmal, but the modern world is based on consumerism, and Amazon makes consuming easier than it has ever been. I'll continue using Amazon just like most others will.
arlenem114
June 16th, 2020
I am very disappointed that you are selling... BLUE LIVES MURDER SHIRTS!
That is so disgusting and disrespectful to Police Officers! I am an Amazon Prime member and I have many family & friends that are also Amazon Prime Members! I will make sure that they all pull their memberships and we will ALL take our business somewhere else! If I were you, I would think very hard about selling those and degrading Police Officers like that!
donnaj392
June 2nd, 2020
Second time in the last month that I order something, and the wrong item received. Gave 2 stars, because they did refund my money. But not sure if I want to continue to shop with them. Frustrating to order what you want, but keep receiving things you have no use for. My last order was for an edger blade, instead I received air filters for a John Deer. Not sure if a mower or tractor, don't have a John Deer.
alant261
June 17th, 2020
Worst customer service of all time, there is no one at this trillion dollar company that can help a very active prime member fix a mistake that happened when my personal credit card was compromised and I was the victim of fraud. They have locked my account and are absolutely impossible to deal with. No one in customer "non-service" can understand what the issue really is and Amazon.com apparently has no way to service the account so that I can right the error and move on with my life. HORRIBLE COMPANY, BAD SERVICE!
scottr755
March 12th, 2020
Amazon is a great site but they are not big on privacy. Usually has the best prices for purchasing stuff if you don't want to wait or deal directly with China. Their website is safe and orders are guaranteed. Amazon prime is a must if you plan on using Amazon much at all because of the free shipping. Now with one day shipping on a lot of items it's really convenient.

Also on the rare occasion I have had to contact customer service they have a call back option and it's usually instant. Never had a problem with customer service at Amazon as of yet.
lindaa762
April 24th, 2020
I am sick of amazon refusing to allow me to review books because I haven't "purchased" more than $50 worth of products off them.
I feel it's absolutely irrelevant. I buy from other sites or get a free book & no other review platform has ever refused.
At a time when no one has extra money & some struggling to put food on the table Amazon are still wanting to scrape every last penny from book readers.
SHAME ON YOU AMAZON
leilau1
July 29th, 2020
Amazon is actually the best online marketplace for online shopping and stays home safe during the COVID virus pandemic has been delivering me everything I need, starting from grocery and protective materials as well, I would recommend it, and it doses not require a prime if you not rush to get the items and can order for at least $25 or over and they going to ship it for free.
carlaw158
Carla W.
December 7th, 2020
Great as always. Recently I bought a waterproof mattress protector cover on amazon.com. This cover will easily be usable in all seasons. I love the zipper on it.
noneo47
January 10th, 2021
Amazon banned Parler from their web hosting service in a effort to control speech. Amazon is not an elected official that has any authority to decide what I can and cannot read. Amazon is merely a convenient shopping mall. This is the same as your local Abercrombie and Fitch manager telling you what you can and cannot read.
It's absurd.

Tip for consumers:
Amazon is overstepping it’s boundaries by dictating to its customers what they can and cannot read.

Products used:
All of them

katrines3
Katrine S.
January 15th, 2020
I've been using Amazon since 2012 and they actually great, I always received great service and my product arrives on time.

Hard to read bad reviews here as I have had nothing but great success with Amazon. For me the have changed the way we all shop.

Yes, we might some bad sellers sometimes, but they disappear as fast you contact customer service, but the overall experience is good as long you the prime user and buy only prime products you will have a positive experiance.
kimberlyl506
March 15th, 2020
Please never sale your products with Amazon Seller Central.
My experience has been frustrating with there difficult website to navigate. With lots of complicated rules. And there's so many things on their sellers website it's overwhelming. If you have questions about a product you're selling. They will most likely want you to email them. There is a way around it. When you have the Option to pick advertiser or seller. Pick advertiser and they'll suggest you give a email or phone number. Click the button that says immediate attention Call Me Now. Is how to reach customer service over the phone. Because they don't have a direct phone number line to call for help. I've spent way too many hours trying to figure out their website.

I would call their customer service dept. They are all pretty knowledgeable and helpful. Good luck.

By Konstantin P.