Review of Amazon

hostmaster@amazon.com
2017 Customer choice award

loram15
12/11/17

I love Katy perry Im going to see her every time she comes to Ohio.she is the best person I know she is very sweet and I would love to meet her.lora

paulap68
12/11/17

I am an avid Amazon Prime member and never had any issues with them for product delivery or returns through them. They get better every time I shop and "Alexa" is a big part of our household!

williamk150
12/11/17

EVERYONE ON AMAZON NEEDS TO STOP USING USPS AND ONLY USE UPS OR FED- EX. USPS IS AN INCOMPETENT, UNRELIABLE BUNCH OF IDIOTS WHO ALWAYS SEEM TO LOSE MY IMPORTANT PACKAGES AND MAKE TRACKING NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE. IT WOULD BE MUCH MORE EFFICIENT FOR EVERYONE TO STOP WITH THE USPS MAILING METHOD. I WOULD GLADLY PAY A LITTLE MORE FOR THESE PRODUCTS IF I KNEW THEY WERE BEING SHIPPED BY UPS OR FED- EX

sarahe89
12/11/17

I use to go to Amazon for everything. I would save a ton. If I made a mistake they would help me and refund me promptly. Recently I have had some troubles with them. Refunds never refunded and items sent damaged to the point I was cut open not knowing the bottom of an electronic was cracked which led me to the hospital today due to an awful infection I got from the unit. Amazon wouldn't replace the item even though it was covered in my blood and returning it would expose others to blood borne pathogens. I discarded the dangerous contaminated unit and Amazon refused to help me remotely. They offered me $5 gift card for my troubles and I never got that even. So sad I loved Amazon

annew87
12/11/17

I purchase many many items from Amazon.com, Amazon.ca and Amazon.uk.
Some might say I am a good customer!! Their return policy, their fast shipping etc. etc.etc. I buy practically everything from them. My husband needed a new razor - I
ordered it on Wednesday afternoon at 4 p.m. It was delivered the next day at 3p.m.
He couldn't believe it and now orders everything from them also.

marieb145
12/11/17

Great choice, hassle free company. I have always been pleaesd with what I have ordered from this site.

andrewb205
12/11/17

I am NOT a fan of Amazon, but it was not always this way. In spite of the shipping costs; which add anywhere from 50% to 150% of the cost of the item being ordered to the final cost of that order. No, that I was able to overlook. My problem with Amazon is actually with their third-party sellers. Amazon is not doing its due diligence in determining whether these are reputable sellers worthy of having access to Amazon's advertising and customers. My kindle is full of books bought with free books given me by Amazon due to countless gaffs by; "Yep, you guessed it"; third party sellers. Unfortunately most of the items I require are not offered by Amazon, and therefore NOT stocked in their warehouses. I have been sent items that I did not order instead of what I did order, I have NOT received anything at all, I have been informed the day before the item was supposed to be delivered, that it would not be coming at all. My laundry list of reasons why I am BOYCOTTING AMAZON. But none of them are actually Amazon's fault. Well, not directly their fault. But their negligence in rectifying this state of affairs, has created or allowed this deplorable inconsistency in service to exist. That being said; if Amazon were to take my countless suggestions about eliminating Third-party sellers, or were they to find a way to find some way to ensure me that I would receive what I ordered, when I ordered it, or if they could guarantee a significantly earlier email telling me the item cannot be delivered. If they didn't rip me off for a large portion of my shipping costs when those items are not delivered then I would go back to them in a second.

rebm1
12/11/17

I have been using Amazon Prime more and more, with products ranging from an ironing board to a tongue scraper, a Kindle to a golf watch. With careful research, I have received the quality I expected. Can't beat the convenience of having products delivered to your door!

anthonyl43
12/11/17

I ordered a Duvet through Amazon on the 18 of Nov. I still do not have it and its 11th of Dec 2017.

They have lost it once and told me 3 different delivery times and it never arrived cancelled the order telling me to re-order and then give me another delivery date date which proved to be incorrect.

Im still waiting for it.

They have offered me £10 compensation, but this does not compensate for the £120 spent on another Duvet from a local shop as we have got so fed up with waiting. I suspect it might arrive when the weather warms up a bit.

carolm89
12/11/17

Shopping online is so easy I rarely traipse round the shops any more. However, when things go wrong and items need to be returned for whatever reason, I find Amazon customer service to be faultless to the point I would purchase from 'fulfilled by Amazon' even if I have to pay a little more than other Amazon third party suppliers due to the ease of getting issues sorted trouble free. Amazon prices are also in line if not cheaper than well known price match stores.

cathyg32
12/11/17

Use amazon for most of my online shopping. Like that I can get everything from 1 place and lots of the companies that Amazon deal with give free postage.

michaelf237
12/10/17

I ordered a Neoprene cover for my Sony camera from Amazon.com, but it was too small. I emailed Amazon about returning it and received a prepaid UPS label in my email. I took the cover to UPS to ship back to Amazon and received a credit the same day. I love doing business with a company that has great customer service like Amazon.com.

tinae30
12/10/17

Ive used Amazon numerous times and have ALWAYS been thoroughly satisfied! I just finished ordering Christmas presents through Amazon!

tracyw105
12/10/17

I have been dealing with this incompetence for nearly a week. On Monday December 4, i ordered shoes that were to be delivered December 6. They were. However, instead of a size 9, you sent a 14. I immediately called and told them i needed these shoes ASAP. I was told in order to do so, they would credit my Amazon account the amount and would reorder. This was supposed to be credited within 1-2 hours. Nope. So i called again and spoke to someone else who magically was able to immediately credit my account. So i immediately ordered the shoes and called back like i was told to do. I was then told the shoes would be overnighted on December 6 and i would receive them on December 7. I was even given a tracking number. Turns out she lied and gave me tracking number for the shoes i already had. She also said i would get a $20 credit on my account. Great. So Thursday morning i again called and was told no they werent shipped but they would be overnighted Thursday. And guaranteed to arrive by Friday at 8pm. Still no shoes. Disappointed daughter. And still no help from Amazon. Excuse after excuse. Im actually a Prime member, so Im apparently paying to be screwed over. So angry. Ive never seen this much incompetence from one company. Filed a complaint with BBB.

deec70
12/8/17

Price matching policies could be better. Not very transparent on their return policies. Pricing not always the best.

lindam486
12/8/17

The day after Thanksgiving, I needed some vitamins and body lotion and it seemed like Amazon had the best prices and I got free shipping because my order was over a certain amount. So I put everything in my basket and confirmed that the prices were right and that I had free shipping, but then I decided to look at one more store, keeping everything in my basket at Amazon. Within about 15-20 minutes when I went back to my basket on Amazon, they had changed things. My shipping was no longer free and the body lotion I ordered went up $1.00 - in my basket, they said there had been a price change in the body lotion. I couldn't believe it and I couldn't afford it so I emptied my basket and checked RiteAid's site and ordered from them.

I got everything at RiteAid on sale for 30% off and then I got an extra bottle of vitamin C for 50% off because I had ordered another bottle and I got free shipping because I had ordered a certain amount.

I have ordered from Amazon before and I have never had a problem but after this, I probably will not be ordering from them again.

joannew56
12/8/17

I ordered two sport keychains and only one was sent. Amazon immediately took action, oversaw to the distributor, monitored to make sure I received the other keychain ASAP. Very pleased with Amazon and will continue to order from them

amanya3
12/8/17

I have just bought 5 items from shein. 4 of them came superb as regards quality and finishing. Not a cheap staff. The fifth came with a problem in sizing despite the great quality. Customer service are great
Thx for the great job

victorn26
12/7/17

I am a little bit headache when my little boy said he wanted some tiny science kits to create a cool model car, and give me a list what he needed; I browsed through Amazon just a few minutes and find out almost all of them. My boy is so happy!

jasminet33
12/7/17

Fast delivery! This is great way to get everything you need fast! Customer service is good. You never have to worry because if you don't get your things you will get your money back through amazon.

lillyp11
12/7/17

What can I say? We love, love, love Amazon! We order everything from textbooks to toothpaste from their site. Service is always great. The one or two times I had a problem, they fixed it immediately. And, Amazon's Alexa is a part of my daily routine.

danielc237
12/6/17

Amazon is one of my favorite...
I've never had a problem with Amazon and the shipping is always on time. I love the selection of products and how easy i have ordered so much from Amazon its ridiculous... all have been good experiences, my only complaint would be the wast

aliceb120
12/6/17

I have ordered so much from Amazon its ridiculous... all have been good experiences, my only complaint would be the waste of packaging - downsize Amazon

hannahw56
12/5/17

I've never had a problem with Amazon and the shipping is always on time. I love the selection of products and how easy it is to navigate the website.

vt27
12/5/17

I listed, sold and shipped speakers with Amazon 4 weeks ago. I have yet to be paid. I called and after struggling to understand the Indian rep, they acknowledged they owed me but could not explain why I hadn't been paid. After a few ore calls I was told to stop calling and file my concerns via email. After several emails I was told my account is under review, then at the two week mark, I was asked to stop emailing them and that they would get to me within 45 days. They stole my speakers and they are acting like pimps now. WOW

30 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I would call their customer service dept. They are all pretty knowledgeable and helpful. Good luck.

By Konstantin P.

Bought a hair dryer for my daughter in Melbourne. Arrived no probs.

By Tony A.

This problem began when Amazon Market Place started up and when I saw how bad it was with sellers selling at 3 to 4 times the full retail price at other online stores, it was a hint for me to stop supporting Amazon Market Place. If its sold by Amazon, I might buy it but I do my utmost to find a lower price so I don't have to buy it from Amazon. More often than not Bestbuy or Staples has it for the same or lower price. Bought an Asus RT AC 5300 from Bestbuy for 500 Canadian and it doesn't sell for less at Amazon. Returns are no hassle 30 day returns and no shipping just take it to a local retail store and that saves the wrapping and shipping.

By Paul H.

I have never shipped or had things shipped to or from Australia. Sorry

By Monica C.

The above answers are good - I agree that a personal contact on the phone is best. - Go to 'Your Account', then click 'Let Us Help You' -then click Help - Then 'need more help',- then click 'Contact Us' - fill out the 3 steps and choose 'more no norder questions, - then clock on phone - from there it will direct you (how long the wait etc and they call you back)

By John G.

Not all items are eligible for Prime, and therefore, you don't get the Prime "perks".....such as 2 day free shipping.

By Harlean G.

Yes on Amazon Australia website

By Nina S.
Questions? Get answers from the Amazon staff and other customers.

88 Photos for Amazon