Review of Amazon

john@amazon.com
2018 Customer choice award

marnia2
2/18/19

Anything I search for always brings me to Amazon for the best prices and lots of reviews to help in making a decision.

arianem2
2/16/19

Amazon used to be my go-to place to save money and avoid going into shops (and pay for their rent!), but now there are so many different sellers and prices that you can no longer trust that you are getting a good deal. The same item can be priced *very* differently depending on the seller. Some prices are also absolutely ludicrous. For instance, I saw that someone was trying to sell the academic book that I authored for $1k !! It costs $100 directly from the publisher?! Shocking, to say the least. So although they have fantastic delivery and customer services, you constantly need to research whatever you wish to buy to make sure that you are not getting fooled. It's very tiring and time-consuming. There is absolutely no price regulation - you alone decide what you are willing to pay to get something delivered and/or rare. So prices don't match quality; rather, they reflect availability and the sheer greed of sellers. And they are killing our high street shops...

davidj634
2/16/19

It's fairly easy to navigate, but more and more I'm finding that there are better prices elsewhere. With the influx of private sellers, it's becoming more like ebay, where prices are all over the place and it's easy to overpay.

andreaa144
2/13/19

This is an excellent service ! I did not know services like this existed before my friend told me about it, and i am so grateful to him !
It enables me to monitor my wife's mobile phone. It allows me to access calls, text messages, emails, WhatsApp, Facebook and a number of other things. The service is really essential for those Battling with a cheating spouse.
For more information:
The Spy Expert
Spyfix6 at gmail dot com.

bignickj
2/12/19

If you ever have a problem rest assured, customer service is very sorry and understands, but there is nothing they can do. Remember this because you'll hear it before EVERY sentence they say. Most recently a brand new fire stick broke within a month. We were sent a refurbished one to replace it! The rep did not understand what my problem was despite his constant insisting he did understand, and was very sorry, but there was nothing he could do. Beyond all of this you now have to worry about fake reviews and counterfeit items. I think it's time we realized Amazon is an evil company. You guys make Walmart seem like a wholesome company!

zhiqiangz
2/12/19

So I have been using amazon for the past two years and I have never left a review as I just couldn't be bothered. For once, I wrote a review as I actually liked the product but then later receiving a message on amazon saying that I won't be able to post any more reviews as I was violating against the policies. I called them a few times later receiving an e mail saying that I ever the had a relationship with some seller, or I was getting free or discounted stuff and that's the reason I was posting a good review and also my account had been banned from writing a reiview ever since. What really pisses me off is that there is always a botton there where you can choose to leave a review but when I do, I get a ban. After called them 10 times and speaking to 5 different managers, about a month after the issue. What I got told on the phone was basically, we will not provide you with anymore information, we will not prove anything to you and the decision is final, happy or not, deal with with it' how bad does it sound? All I asked was, if they are determined' I was violating against their 3 policies like I have said above, prove it to me that I actually know the seller or I was getting free stuff? But no, I don't get any and I have to deal with it. The very last manager that I spoke to had a terrible attitude and they don't treat you like customers.

jaydevp1
2/11/19

No reting this site, amezon costomer satisfaction is 0%, this is bed site, no any process refund, no any help for refund,
Bad bad and bad site....

Plz no purchase from this site because costomer care is bad, no helpfull in account details in.

Plz another site use for purchase

stephaniej74
2/11/19

I've paid for prime for a few months now and my last 3 orders that were guaranteed in 2 days were not here in 2 days. 2 were a day late and one was 2 days late. I contacted them to complain and they did nothing. I paid for prime for the 2 day delivery and they can't meet the deadline. I cancelled my membership and won't be using it again.

gregoryb36
2/10/19

I have been ordering on amazon for years. I have had some problmes with some sellers but not with amazon itself. Always had my answers replied quickly and generally satisfied with what I have ordered. You can find some good deals but beware, sometimes it's cheaper elsewhere

adamb418
2/9/19

I ordered a Nintendo switch and a few accessories for it. My fiance and I are huge gamers and and have been wanting to get one for a while. Now for clarifications I'm going to mention that over a year ago we had a nasty problem with package theft in my area, the police reports were filed and everything so now I have all of my packages set to be picked up from a carrier facility . Back to the reviews, my package arrived at the UPS pick up location on time, unfortunately it was missing an item I had ordered. No big deal right? I'll just contact customer service let them know it wasn't included in my package and we can sort this out right? Nope! I contacted CS and they asked me to wait a few days so they could investigate and that maybe it had just been misshipped alright cool no problem. The next day I get and email stating that I've had a high number of "missing/stolen orders" returns and that I should review the return policy. I'm obviously confused cause as I had said its been well over a year since the only incident I've ever had with stolen packages. I contact CS again and they tell me I need to file a police report before they can go any further and provide them with information about the report....??? By this point I've explained to them several times that I had the item set for pick up from a carrier location so it wasn't stolen it just wasn't sent. I'm normally not the type of person who says they're gonna cut ties with a company but Amazon has gone out of their way to place blame on the carrier and myself for this incident and it really shows what kind of company they really are.

kritikam2
2/9/19

I have been using Amazon religiously for years, and have always loved the convenience of the fast and reliable shipping. However, over the last months, I have encountered FOUR shipping issues, either stating that my product was somehow damaged and sent back and that I should order a new one myself, lost and I should order a new one, or not delivered because "they did not want to leave a package unattended" even though they always leave my packages by the door for the last 4-5 years AND had left a package from a different order DURING THE SAME DELIVERY. Now they are just returning the item to the seller without even telling me, after they told me they would deliver as soon as possible. Prior to the last month, I had never encountered any problems with Amazon, and now all these problems are occurring and I am wary when placing an order, almost anticipating some kind of error. Amazon used to be reliable, and now all that has gone down in the dumps. Will be canceling my Prime Membership, and will NOT be using this company anymore.

lisamarieo1
2/9/19

I have purchased from Amazon many times. If prime membership was a little less expensive it wold be more worth it to me considering I have two kids and purchase many items for them along with items for my home, spouse, self, etc. The website can be overwhelming at times but being able to drag items to a list bar to save for later is great and reminds me of items I had been viewing or searching prior. I really would love to be a prime member with all the added benefits for tv now and now that I'll probably be purchasing tablets for my kids now if might pay off in the end. I'll post again at a later date with more info and insight. So far Amazon is convenient and is capable of finding or atleast leading to something I'm looking for and even inspiring me to buy, create, or look into things I wouldn't have normally considered before.

kourtneyh2
2/6/19

Always satisfied...no complaints. If there is a problem its solved quickly. Great customer service and return policy

af104
2/6/19

Realized we've been being charged by Amazon for a "sellers" account that we do not control and is not associated with any of the emails we own. Secondly Amazon is charging a credit card we rarely use when buying from them. Amazon will not give us information because our emails are not associated with the sellers account, yet they keep charging our card (14 times to the tune of $559.96). They finally agreed to deactivate the card, but will not take responsibility for the money. (The credit card company is taking responsibility for some, but not all of it.) Gone over the statements carefully & these are the ONLY charges that do not fit. The problem seems to be with Amazon & only Amazon, yet they do not assume responsibility. Advise that you do not leave your personal information (billing/ship to addresses, credit card info, etc) on Amazon and cut WAY back on your Amazon purchases!

williamj373
2/6/19

I average 100 orders a year on Amazon and have found them very helpful and trustworthy. I had one order with AliExpress and have never been so angry. Cannot return an item unless you can write Chinese. Must pay for return shipping of defective items. Otherwise 20% refund. These people are more than incompetent. AliExpress is criminal.

michaeld952
2/6/19

Anytime I need any product and don't want to go hunting for it at a store, I just go onto Amazon. It is so convenient. One time I even ordered something and it was here within 12 hours. I have purchased accessories, video games, clothing, books, costumes, almost everything on here and it has all been great. Highly recommend. It is perfect for getting Christmas presents and all sorts of things.

nonyab18
2/4/19

At 7pm, my latest order prompted a message, ""We tried to deliver your package.
Unfortunately we couldn't enter your building but we will try again. If your address requires an access code, please provide it below." The delivery was being sent to an AMAZON LOCKER that is supposedly accessible 24/7. There was NO EXCUSE for failing delivery. I have previously had packages go missing, so I figured it would be safe to try an amazon locker. Since the failed delivery, I have read some disturbing info about lockers being unable to be opened. I'm starting to feel like this is personal. As their "good faith gesture", they offered me a $5.00 coupon toward my next QUALIFYING SOLD BY/SHIPPED BY Amazon order. Yep. Give them $20. more and they'll make up for their latest abominable mistake. I'm going to film opening the locker, because I'm expecting it to be EMPTY. Extremely great incentive to BUY LOCAL.

gauavs
2/4/19

Quick delivery service.... This is so convenient for parents who hate going into stores such as myself

jolieb7
2/2/19

Everytime I have ordered from here I have received great service and products. I am not a business as I am an individual that just goes on the site randomly and order things for people and have them sent to the people I have bought for and just want to bless them with a gift

avnerf
2/1/19

I have been a loyal Amazon customer for many years. On January 19, 2019 I ordered an accessory for my smartphone on the Amazon website. It later turned out that this item was sold on the Amazon Marketplace by a Chinese vendor who shipped it by China Post. Since January 23 the shipment has been sitting at a Chinese postal sorting facility in Shenzhen City, without moving anywhere. In response to my complaint Shana W. of Amazon's Executive Customer Relations wrote me that there was nothing they could do and that they would not answer any further message on this matter. Her message was full of gibberish like "You won’t be able to submit a claim." It is now February 1 and there is no sight of the order anywhere. Amazon's CEO Jeff Bezos has ignored my personal message.as well.

reverendok1
1/31/19

I was billed yesterday for the subscription of Amazon Prime service which I did never choose or authorized. They used my credit card data stored from my last transaction at Dec 12. It is a fraud. I thought Amazon.com was a safe place to store my credit card data but unfortunately it is not true. I will think twice before buy anything there again

jonathanc283
1/30/19

Their mobile website is almost impossible to use and their desktop site is not a whole lot better. Their customer service doesn't know what its own policies are and finding product information is almost impossible as customers who have no ability and/or interest in providing coherent input post on Amazon's "customer reviews" section of a product page and to make it more cumbersome, the reviews for all 400 of the 500 variations of Michael Jackson's THRILLER are grouped together with no easy way to tell many of them apart. More, even if you know EXACTLY which one you're looking for, you can type in its' barcode and still have to go through a multistep process to get to the item page you explicitly searched for. And the other 100 variations of Michael Jackson's THRILLER are just like stray cats with no way to distinguish between them except the ASIN which is nothing except a # that Amazon uses to identify the item in question when someone asks about it. Except most of these ASINs are for items that were long out of print before Amazon even existed and only exist because someone created an item page for it for who knows what reason, maybe to sell it on the Amazon Marketplace, and many of these ASINs go long abandoned.
Amazon remedies this tangled mess of a website by refunding your money no matter whose fault the issue is. It doesn't matter if the 3rd part seller screwed up, the post office or a gremlin. It's been refunded so all is well. Until next time.

danj133
1/27/19

I place an order for a book on Amazon and the delivery options if i selected a trial of Prime would result in a delivery on a specified day (2 days) from order date. I then subscribed, placed the order, received an email confirmation with the delivery date clearly printed on the email. I also received numerous other solicitations to try other services now that i was a prime member. ON the day the item was to be delivered i receive an email saying the order would be delivered tomorrow, a day later than promised! I needed that product for work that day, and now it will not be here on time. AMAZON boasts about the benefits of prime, and has no problem overcharging us for something they cannot deliver on time anyway! Next time, i will go to the big box store and pick up the item the same day! I feel AMAZON is a conglomerate that is gobbling up all the small retailers so they can manage the world! IF i could give them a -000 rating i would. DON't get caught up in this conglomerate hype, please support local retailers so they can stay around. Amazon someday will get its just reward,

morgann15
1/27/19

I ordered a Juicer and am very satisfied it was delivered in time. It is intact as promised and works pretty well. Thanks guys

Tip for consumers: Check buyer ratings and read questions and answers below each

sandyr54
1/27/19

Same thing keeps happening. Dealing with customer services then Seller Support jumps in. I can't reply as that requires a seller account which I don't currently have or want. So I tell customer services that. Yet told them 6 times today and said seller support NOT to contact me ever again as this is trolling and the employee ought to be disciplined. Of course the messages keep coming with NOTHING from customer services. Seriously thinking of legal action for harassment. Thoughts? Btw writing similar review on Trustpilot and they said using the word "idiots" is inappropriate language. I can think of worse...

33 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Bought a hair dryer for my daughter in Melbourne. Arrived no probs.

By Tony A.

I would call their customer service dept. They are all pretty knowledgeable and helpful. Good luck.

By Konstantin P.

This problem began when Amazon Market Place started up and when I saw how bad it was with sellers selling at 3 to 4 times the full retail price at other online stores, it was a hint for me to stop supporting Amazon Market Place. If its sold by Amazon, I might buy it but I do my utmost to find a lower price so I don't have to buy it from Amazon. More often than not Bestbuy or Staples has it for the same or lower price. Bought an Asus RT AC 5300 from Bestbuy for 500 Canadian and it doesn't sell for less at Amazon. Returns are no hassle 30 day returns and no shipping just take it to a local retail store and that saves the wrapping and shipping.

By Paul H.

The above answers are good - I agree that a personal contact on the phone is best. - Go to 'Your Account', then click 'Let Us Help You' -then click Help - Then 'need more help',- then click 'Contact Us' - fill out the 3 steps and choose 'more no norder questions, - then clock on phone - from there it will direct you (how long the wait etc and they call you back)

By John G.

I have never shipped or had things shipped to or from Australia. Sorry

By Monica C.

It takes longer if you don't pay monthly for Amazon prime.

By Robart B.

you answer on the actual question I believe.

By Kira S.

I really don't understand. The box packaging doesn't matter really. But possibly go to Amazon customer service, and ask for help. You may be able to get the other video games too, and if not, you can always ask for a refund.

By Trinity S.

Never.

By Bill H.

Yes I do on the items I purchase and also through google and sitejabber

By LisaMarie O.
Questions? Get answers from the Amazon staff and other customers.

Amazon?