Review of Amazon

john@amazon.com
2018 Customer choice award

marianelar
4/23/19

I order some items for my daughters birthday coming up soon , I enter her address as place to be deliver some how it got send to my current ADDRESS call them and they said is nothing they can do about it few items have not even been ship and they still can do anything
I know Amazon is a giant retail now so my money and bossiness will mean nothing to them but for me this is the end of my relationship with Amazon ... will take my insignificant account and money somewhere else.

tommyw55
4/21/19

***Here's the chat history with Amazon "help"/customer service***
***Skip to the end to get the idea of my experience.***

Messaging Assistant | Customer Service
Thanks.
OK, I'll get someone to help you here through chat.
2:34 PM
OK, get help through chat
2:41 PM
S
SHANTILAL HAS JOINED & WILL BE READY TO CHAT IN JUST A MINUTE.
Hi,Mike
Navneetha here.
I'll be happy to help you.
2:41 PM
thanks.
i'm really hoping there's a solution to this very annoying, unwelcoming issue.
the website has a bar/panel on the right side that will not go away, and is obscuring my view
this bar is related to the shopping cart
2:42 PM
Shantilal | Customer Service
Please allow me for a moment so that I can see what best I can do for you.

2:42 PM
hmm... did you do something?
looks like it went away
2:44 PM
Shantilal | Customer Service
Just to make sure you had the issue on the app or webiste?
2:44 PM
on the website
wait one sec please
2:45 PM
Sure,
2:45 PM
i removed the items from my cart....
to test... let me add them back in
2:46 PM
Shantilal | Customer Service
Sure, Can you please help me with the confirmation.
2:46 PM
did i not confirm?
are you getting all my responses?
the items are back
Shantilal | Customer Service
yes, So now is that issue resolved?
2:47 PM
the panel appears with items in my cart displayed
it will not go away unless i remove the items from my cart
Shantilal | Customer Service
Can you please help me with the screen shot so that I can have a look at that ?
Please send the email to cs-reply" at "amazon"dot" com
2:48 PM
did i unknowlingly enable a "always show items in cart" option?
sure
2:48 PM
Thanks
2:50 PM
just one more sec
2:52 PM
C
CRISCEL HAS JOINED & WILL BE READY TO CHAT IN JUST A MINUTE.
Criscel | Customer Service
Hi Mike. Sure. Take your time. I can wait within 2 minutes.
2:54 PM
Amazon cart blocking view
2:55 PM
Criscel | Customer Service
Thank you, let me check it.
I still not received the screenshot. Can you try to send it again to cust.service03" at "amazon"dot" com?
2:56 PM
2:59 PM
A
AMUDHA HAS JOINED & WILL BE READY TO CHAT IN JUST A MINUTE.
Amudha | Customer Service
Hello, my name is Amudha. I can pick up where we left off.

3:00 PM
...
3 different individuals.... really?
do you guys/gals resolve issues there, are just send the customers in a game of hot potato?
*or do you just send your customers into a game of hot potato?
.... is person #4 there?
I think you're #3
so.... can you help, or did you want to pass me along?
Amudha | Customer Service
Let me connect you to a member of the team that will best be able to help you with this. It will only take a moment.
lol
J
JIMLISE HAS JOINED & WILL BE READY TO CHAT IN JUST A MINUTE.
amazing
going onto individual #4...
Jimlise | Customer Service
Hello Mike, I am sorry for the inconvenience.
oh! here they are!
hello #4
How can I help?
3:05 PM
can you help me or will you just pass me onto person #5?
Jimlise | Customer Service
No, I will be able to help.
3:05 PM
lol.... 30 mins of attempting to get help.....
ok... do i have to "re-explain" my situation?
3:06 PM
Jimlise | Customer Service
Are you trying to place a Wardrobe order but you're not seeing the Wardrobe cart?
3:06 PM
... so you can't access the previous postings?
this is getting really annoying man
let me go up the string of post so that may copy what i typed....
The website has a bar/panel on the right side that will not go away, and is obscuring my view. This bar is related to the shopping cart
if i delete the items in the cart, this panel will go away
and appears only if items are in the cart
did you get my email?
3:09 PM
Jimlise | Customer Service
I do not see an email was sent. However, would you be open to sharing your screen so that we may better assist?
3:11 PM
i can send you an email.
did you want a jpeg or png?
3:12 PM
Jimlise | Customer Service
Yes, please send an email. We need to see exactly what is going on so that we may better assist.
ok...
address?
Jimlise | Customer Service
I really apologize for the inconvenience.
what email address?
3:14 PM
Jimlise | Customer Service
cs-primewardrobe" at "amazon"dot" com.
You are also able to call 18882830656.
3:14 PM
are you trying to get out of helping me?
did you just want to pass me onto person #5?
Jimlise | Customer Service
No, I'm not. I want to better assist you because we need to see what you are seeing.
so far i emailed cust.service03" at "amazon"dot" com
cs-reply" at "amazon"dot" com
Jimlise | Customer Service
No, please email the Prime Wardrobe department.
cs-primewardrobe" at "amazon"dot" com.
3:16 PM
cust.service03" at "amazon"dot" com
cs-reply" at "amazon"dot" com
cs-primewardrobe" at "amazon"dot" com
all three.... someone should have gotten this... this is the third one sent... no error messages on my end
3:17 PM
Jimlise | Customer Service
We provide a response window within at least one hour.
3:17 PM
those emails don't accept incoming messages
just found the error emails
"You've written to an address that does not accept incoming direct e-mails"
one hour?
we are in a chat
Jimlise | Customer Service
Have you cleared your cookies?
3:19 PM
what do you mean one hour?
this has nothing to do with cookies
Jimlise | Customer Service
Someone else should receive the email. I can't view the email you sent.
3:19 PM
email me, i'll respond to it
what?
this is ridiculous... is this suppose to be "help"? "support"?
you guys are just playing hot potato with your customers
passing me along and giving me empty responses for the past hour....
3:21 PM
Jimlise | Customer Service
If you send the email, I will not receive the email, another associate will and that person will respond. Also, I send an email and you respond, someone else may also receive your response.
I am really sorry for the inconvenience. It's just that we absolutely need to see what you are seeing so that we may better assist.
3:21 PM
you are person # 5... you've yet to provide an email that accepts incoming messages....
can you click on links?
3:22 PM
Jimlise | Customer Service
Yes, I am able to click on links.
3:22 PM

can you see the image
at this point i feel amazon should be paying me....
3:23 PM
Jimlise | Customer Service
I am able to view the image. Is it the "h+ save" sign you're referring to?
3:24 PM
if i delete the items in the cart, this panel will go away
and appears only if items are in the cart
3:24 PM
Jimlise | Customer Service
I will need to send this to the tech team because I have not seen this before.
The items in the cart usually appear on the right side of the page before the checkout stage.
3:25 PM
and how soon should I expect a response?
3:26 PM
Within 24 - 48 hours.
3:26 PM
let me know once you've completed the escelation
3:27 PM
Alright, please hold.
Mike, still working on this.
Thank you for your patience.
3:34 PM
`
3:35 PM
Jimlise | Customer Service
Mike, once it is submitted, a response will be sent within 24 -48 hours.
Also, are you using a desktop, laptop, or phone?
3:37 PM
desktop
3:37 PM
Jimlise | Customer Service
Mike, I am chatting with a lead from Prime Wardrobe and they informed me to advise you to instead of scrolling over the image for the size chart click on the "size chart" in blue next to the select.
Mike, are you still here?
3:43 PM
sigh....
this has more to do with the amazon website.
just imagin any item in the cart.. or being viewedd
3:44 PM
Jimlise | Customer Service
Alright, I am sending this so that it may be fixed.
3:45 PM
it happens with any item... not just clothings
3:45 PM
Ok, I understand.
The lead indicated that it is something that needs to be evaluated, therefore, you may not receive a response within the 24 -48 hour time frame.
You are also able to click on this " Report incorrect product information." and fill that out. There is a part about the image and set up.
3:46 PM
I do not need the items in my cart to be constantly displayed... that window with said items blocks my view, ruins my experience.
can you please let me know once this has been escalated?
3:49 PM
It has been escalated.
3:49 PM
how long should i expect to wait for a response?
3:50 PM
Jimlise | Customer Service
Due to an issue like this, it may be longer than 24 -48 for it to be resolved.
3:51 PM
is there a reference number?
support ticket #
I want to know this will be an issue I'll receive a response to. So far... the 1.5 hours I spent on this chat with 4 different individuals... isn't so assuring
3:53 PM
Jimlise | Customer Service
I understand your concern. It is that I escalated to the lead and I sent the feedback form as well. You are also able to send the feedback regarding the product on the site that may expedite the process. Right now, I am not able to provide a time frame for the response. Also, the escalation that was sent did not have a ticket number. Once again, Mike I do apologize for this inconvenience.
3:55 PM
so, you're telling me this was a waste of time?
that all this is just going to be sent into a box of emails... skimmed through... then forgot?
seeing there is no reason they should or would have to repsond... lol....
3:56 PM
Jimlise | Customer Service
No, this is not. I wish there is more that I would be able to do at this time. The issue has been escalated and will be reviewed.
3:59 PM
but I will not receive an update to MY ISSUE...
4:00 PM
Jimlise | Customer Service
I am not able to confirm that since this may take longer than 24 -48 hours to review.
4:02 PM
...
who can?
I want an update to this issue
i do not want to be forgotten!
4:02 PM
Jimlise | Customer Service
You will not be forgotten, Mike. This will be looked into.
4:03 PM
are we going to be here for another hour?
4:04 PM
C
CHRISTA HAS JOINED & WILL BE READY TO CHAT IN JUST A MINUTE.
... this was the worst experience I've had with customer service... I was passed along like a hot potato among 4 different individuals, 90% of the time was spent trying to "email" 3 different amazon addresses, which doesn't support incoming emails.
Finally I, ME... uploaded an image to a hosting site and shared a link... now they've escalated to an actual tech, there's no promise of a response. Only took 1.5 FULL HOURS.
4:04 PM

michaelb1896
4/20/19

Ordered guitar from Amazon.com so it can be delivered on Saturday when I am home. Confirmation email confirmed the delivery on that day. Was waiting all day because this items I had to be home to sign for. Was.t delivered. Called customer service, talked to an agent. He offered me $30. I refused. He called UPS and told me that they will are behind on delivery schedule and item will be delivered in aprox. 1 hour. He also suggested he will call me in 1 hour. I said ok. In 2 hours I called them again. Asked to talk a manager. The manager whose name is Shane with last initial if the last name is M, told me that they have no idea when the item will arrive and amazon can offer me $5 for delay. What a great service.

th4832
4/19/19

Selling on Amazon is a waste of time. Amazon charges 15% of commission. Buyers lie, cheat and steal money from sellers. Amazon side with buyers. Buyers pocket the sellers' money and selling their product online.

Buyers used up product and wants refunds.

FBA got tax nexus sand high fees.

There is writing on the wall. Many sellers are quitting Amazon daily.

Amazon just screw over sellers by getting greedy on fees. Get your website and build your brand

kylel57
4/17/19

Amazon used to be a good company. Ever since Bezos became the richest
man in the world they apparently stopped caring about quality or
customer service. I ordered the Onelink Safe & Sound by First Alert
and they sent be a clearly defective customer returned item that
already had the "discharge" tab on the back poked through, which
permanently disables the battery after the smoke detector has failed. I
let them know and they claimed to have refunded my money (but days later
the refund still hasn't shown up on my credit card online statement),
but wouldn't issue a replacement and told me to buy another one. So I
bought another one and waited for it to arrive. I opened it and
immediately saw that it had previously CAUGHT ON FIRE. There were very
clear burn marks on the item. I appreciate the irony of sending me a
smoke alarm that had previously caught on fire, but I didn't exactly
plan on spending hundreds of dollars on a paper weight. So I contacted
them again and informed them of being sent two clearly defective items
in a row. However, for the second item they are refusing to issue a
replacement that hasn't been on fire and are making me jump through
hoops to get a refund. Absolutely awful customer service.

nike6
4/15/19

All my reviews that are negative are blocked by Amazon. Seller send me junk that is totally different from what was on the product photo and when I submitted bad review Amazon blocked it. I have to pay return shipping because seller is in China and wanted to warn other people about that product but no way Amazon would allow it.

laurah498
4/15/19

My son wanted a black top hat to wear to the prom. He didn't want a cheap costume hat, but the real thing. I didn't want to spend a lot. The price was good, and so was the quality. We ordered through amazon prime.. Hats in the Belfy. He made a big hit at the promenade and the prom. The hat fit to the sizing charts they offered, and was perfect. He will be wearing it again. I can't get the picture to load. Sorry!

donaldd180
4/13/19

I think that Amazon is an amazing company, I have ordered lot's of stuff from them, and it all has arrived on time, and when it was supposed to arrive. I have absolutely no bad things to say about Amazon, they are great.

Tip for consumers: Amazon prime is the best shopping app out there, that's in my opinion, the quality of the items are excellent.

vitald
4/12/19

I never ever ever write reviews. This dress is beautiful. I love the material, I love the way it hugs my body just the way I want it to (tightly with the bandage around my waist).
I'm heavyish, at 190lbs and 5'3 and my weight is pretty evenly distributed. I'm big chested at 38DD and this dress fit me beautifully and cinched my waist so that I really got that hourglass figure.

lavenderc
4/12/19

They have a wide range of products. Been buying from them a few times. I will continue to buy from them

aidenk3
4/12/19

Amazon just blocked me from writing reviews for absolutely no reason. It says I violated the guidelines. Which is a joke. And even some of my older verified purchase reviews are hidden by the sensitivity filter. I think it's pretty common knowledge Amazon is full off fake reviews and yet I can't review products they actually know I purchased. There are so many products on there with hundreds of non verified 5 star reviews. What a scam. I'll be avoiding Amazon from here out. EBay is usually cheaper and now they have just as many items with fast and free shipping. And I don't need to pay membership fees. There's no need for you anymore Amazon

elizabeths560
4/11/19

Apparently they attempted to deliver my items and found my apartment building closed. Funny enough because my apartment building has no gate, it's open 24hrs. I contacted their customer service and she confirmed that delivery was attempted, Very funny because the day they claim to have attempted delivery i was at home the haul day. About 8hrs later i got an email from them saying my items got lost. Terrible first time experience with Amazon. You don't realize the pain and damages you have caused me by your error. SHAME ON YOU.

emmab180
4/11/19

I paid $20 for 1 day shipping then my item got lost and went to North Carolina when I live in Kentucky so I wasted that $20 the first person I talked to was very nice refunded me the $20 and said it would update the tracking as soon as it knew a new delivery date. The tracking never updated and apparently a dog harness needs to be signed for and so I didn't know it was being delivered they couldn't leave it because I wasn't home to sign. I contacted them again and wanted to know if I could go and pick it up somewhere or something and they couldn't answer me every time I locked my phone a new customer service agent was on the chat and I had to explain everything 9 TIMES the last person I talked to offered me a refund and I said I didn't want a refund if my item was going to be redelivered the next day then that's fine if not I wanted to cancel and he said how would you like your refund and I said I don't want it unless I'm going to get the item and they refunded me still. I went to my orders and it said I needed to send back my item once i received it. So again the 10th customer service chat agent Zyree was being very sarcastic and snarky when I tried to explain the situation to him and it seemed a lot like he was talking to me like I was a stupid child. Most frustrating experience very horrible service.

robertb1454
4/11/19

MADE A HUGE MISTAKE BUY 2 FOXWELL SCAN TOOLS GUES WHAT CHINA CRAP $260 FOR 1 $170 FOR THE OTHER Walmart $40 scan tool just as good and if it malfunctions you can just bring it back I HATE THE RUNAROUND EVERY STINKING TIME I BUY ON AMAZONE THEY SCREW IT UP REALLY JUST BUY LOCALY IT JUST NOT WORTH THE AGRAVTION Ya good prices buy it crap i need to be able to look at the person and explain what's wrong and get a new one not a run around

elizabethr400
4/11/19

1st CS person just keeps reading from a script. I ask for supervisor. Holding....She comes on and says HELLO? I ask for someone for who English is their native language. Holding.....get some nice guy named Chris. Issue is that 2 set of of gifts I ordered for Christmas presents (FOR MY NEPHEWS) were not delivered. One order is marked OUT FOR DELIVERY and one is marked UNABLE TO DELIVER. IT IS APRIL I am in Canada. My nephews live in the US. If I hadn't noticed, Amazon would still have my money. First lady told me it is my responsibility to see that my orders were delivered. Since Amazon has my money, isn't it their responsibility? How long would a Christmas order be considered just LATE before I get my money back? Why would I have to call to get my money back on an order that was UNDELIVERED? That's a half hour I won't get back. But I certainly learned a good lesson. I am a "good customer" but you are happy to steal my money.

jadef24
4/11/19

They made this pregnancy miserable for me with all their errors on my registry.
Plus, they LIED about the baby box you have to earn. It is NOT even close to a $35 value.
I got 7 samples in a tiny box. That was IT!!
And theyve shut off the reviews for their baby boxes so future mothers cannot be warned against it!!!

robind177
4/9/19

It took me calling their Customer Service 6 times to get me issue taken care of, and even after the 6th time, I got an email from them saying that theu were undoing everything that I worked so hard for on all my previous call. I oroganlly called because of an issue with digital downloads. The gentleman I talked to said he would give credit for what he could see, but for me to call back with a list of others I had. When I called back the rep told me no, not going to do what the previous rep said and yelled at at me and over me. He would not listwn to me without me fightubg to be heard. He lacked any bit of understanding or compassion at all. I was told by other reps that that was not called for and that my issue I was originally calling about never should have happened and agreed to give me credit. I was on the phone so long with this rep thay my phone died. She called and left a voice message saying she gabe some credit and for my to call back to get the rest and said she posted comments of approval for the rep I got when I called back. When I called back, thay rep went ahead with the rest of the credit. The very next day I got an email from Amazon Customer Service telling me they were going to undo all the credits. Those charges I am seeking credit for were for Amazon Freetown. That I did not order, and also a lot of digital downloads. I had the parental lock on so my kids could not buy apps without my knowledge and these charges arr still on my bill. I was told by the very 1st rep that these got throught because my kids even though theu downloaded a free app, when they played the app and spend their coins earned on the app it charged my credit card. Neither my kids or I intended on making these purchases. It seems like a very sneaking thing to do if you ask me. It parental locks are on, there should not be an alway ways like this for charging my credit card. My kids tell me that theu have lost a ton of games off their tablets. So thus leads me to believe that not only are they putting those unauthorized charges back on my credit card, but they also removed the content on which I am being charged. So frustrated and very unhappy with Amazon. Oh, yeah, one rep I dealt with even told me that I have a boy name. Very very very unsatisfied with all of the time, trouble, and poor customer service I have dealt with.

reshamm
4/9/19

Absolutely in love.Everything was expecting.I was nervous about ordering online, I'm very skeptical about odering things online in general and at this price, and having never used this website, I was terified,It is everything I need and I 'm so happy with it.

waynel116
4/8/19

Love Amazon Prime the past 3 years. Averaged over 250+ purchases per year. Their Return policy is quite generous. Love the piece of mind, if you don't like the item or the fit / size is not right, you can return it.

Just recently, Amazon and their review BOTS has blocked me from reviewing and removed all my reviews for NO darn reason whatsoever. Seems like I'm not the only one, and their review BOTS have done so to plenty of long time loyal Prime members. ALL my reviews were items I have purchased on Amazon, and NO free items at all. It's like a slap in the face and an insult for being a long time customer. So, I discontinued my Prime membership, and will NOT be making too many purchases on Amazon in the future.

GOOGLE 'amazon banned my reviews' and you'll see plenty of long time customers are pissed off.

But on the BRIGHT side, not being a Prime member has help me CUT ALL my IMPULSE buying from Amazon, thus saving me money.... Haha! Been making more purchases on eBay as well, and buying at my local brick and mortar stores too.

emmar64
4/8/19

Tons of fake reviews make the reviews meaningless. They have their vine customers who ret a free product to review. The prime is ok for documentaries sometimes. What really makes me mad is their return policy. They take money of when I do a return at times. The best way to return is to not open it and write refused return to sender. I just packed and processed a return. Then choose to refund my original method of payment. The product is on its way back and they sent another one instead of a refund. I'm glad I pay month to month. I will drop them for next month if they don't make this right. Unbelievable Spoke with Eddie C. On the east coast in customer service. Says he's a supervisor. I was a good customer but they are not a good company.. very rude. Said he would not do anything special for me. I told him let's do something specyial and cancel my prime member

lovatoe
4/7/19

Amazon prime is perfect for what we use it for. The next day delivery service can't be faulted. Items always turn up when they should, and the updates regarding your order are great. I'd pay the monthly fee for the free delivery alone

kennethf106
4/6/19

Blood pressure monitor is just what I need to stay in the know of my overall health,an overall health check of my systolic and diastolic pressure is an important part of my life at this point in my life, it's a good thing when you don't have to assume anything.

melissat177
4/5/19

Amazon customer service stinks, their service all in all has gotten horrible since they're gotten so big, I've been a prime member for 10 years and today I am canceling all prime and even the account

ivyc15
4/5/19

Open box on Apr 02, call Amazon to get the instruction and ask them how many screw come with, they said, they did not know any info. screw hole was no good, how can make the cat tree.
There is no average size cat in this world to fit this house. Everything is so small, is ridiculous. Don't bother unless you have a micro cat, very disappointed with this product.
Amazon Order # 701-2972479-7230620

ginar100
4/4/19

TRULY A HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE WITH THESE FOLKS. THEY CONTINUE TO DROP THE BALL EVERY TIME AN ISSUE ARISES. IF IT WASN'T THAT THE PRODUCT WASN'T INSTOCK (WHICH IT WAS) THEN IT WAS THE CARRIERS FAULT. THEY CAN'T EVEN GUARANTEE THAT MY ITEMS WOULD ARRIVE ON TIME. I ONLY PURCHASE PRIME ELIGIBLE ORDERS AND WELL THEY DROPPED THE BALL AND SAID IT WAS THE CARRIERS FAULT. IF IT IS BEING FULFILLED BY AMAZON HOW IS THIS THE CARRIERS FAULT IF IT NEVER LEFT YOUR WAREHOUSES??

THEN I AM BEING TOLD I WILL RECEIVE CREDIT FOR THE PURCHASE AND THE EXPEDITED SHIPPING IN ORDER TO FULFILL THE ORDER TO MAKE IT ON TIME. BUT GUESS WHAT THE MONIES WON'T BE AVAILABLE FOR A COUPLE DAYS AND THE ITEMS ARE NEEDED THIS WEEKEND!!! HORRIBLE.

33 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Bought a hair dryer for my daughter in Melbourne. Arrived no probs.

By Tony A.

I would call their customer service dept. They are all pretty knowledgeable and helpful. Good luck.

By Konstantin P.

This problem began when Amazon Market Place started up and when I saw how bad it was with sellers selling at 3 to 4 times the full retail price at other online stores, it was a hint for me to stop supporting Amazon Market Place. If its sold by Amazon, I might buy it but I do my utmost to find a lower price so I don't have to buy it from Amazon. More often than not Bestbuy or Staples has it for the same or lower price. Bought an Asus RT AC 5300 from Bestbuy for 500 Canadian and it doesn't sell for less at Amazon. Returns are no hassle 30 day returns and no shipping just take it to a local retail store and that saves the wrapping and shipping.

By Paul H.

The above answers are good - I agree that a personal contact on the phone is best. - Go to 'Your Account', then click 'Let Us Help You' -then click Help - Then 'need more help',- then click 'Contact Us' - fill out the 3 steps and choose 'more no norder questions, - then clock on phone - from there it will direct you (how long the wait etc and they call you back)

By John G.

I have never shipped or had things shipped to or from Australia. Sorry

By Monica C.

It takes longer if you don't pay monthly for Amazon prime.

By Robart B.

The shipping cost is in the listing if that's what you're asking. If you click on new/used, it will be below the cost. If you have Prime, most things are free shipping.

By Kira S.

you answer on the actual question I believe.

By Kira S.

I really don't understand. The box packaging doesn't matter really. But possibly go to Amazon customer service, and ask for help. You may be able to get the other video games too, and if not, you can always ask for a refund.

By Trinity S.

Never.

By Bill H.
Questions? Get answers from the Amazon staff and other customers.

Amazon?