Review of Amazon

john@amazon.com
2018 Customer choice award

melissab361
11/3/18

I have been an amazon member since 2002, as of today I am no longer a member. Over the last 2 years I have been hacked 4 times with fradulant charges. When I do order something from Amazon, I get the typical, confirmation of order, order shipped and order delivered. This last time I recieved nothing and only found the charges when reviewing my credit card statement.
I called and was told it would need to be reviewed as one of the charges was gifts cards that were already redeemed.
The security on their website is shameful and even though the charges so far have been minimal I am tired of the one that is always has to do the work for their incompetent ability to have better security measures in place.

randyp97
11/2/18

I have ordered a number of thing's and been very happy. But being in the service industry before it can be a hard business to be in because we as consumers expect the world lol. So hat's off to Amazon.

johnj705
10/31/18

Although no business is perfect, Amazon does go that extra mile to help its customers. Convenience, easy to navigate, and I love my prime membership.

jamesr127
10/31/18
• Updated review

As per my previous review, I've had a few bumps along the road in the early days with Amazon. However after ordering frequently for over 2 years now, I can honestly say that either these issues have been resolved, or I'm always compensated in some way for any inconvenience.

Their prices may not always be the best, their customer service is top notch. You know that you're 100% protected from "not as advertised", "defective", "simply not happy with the item/s ordered" or even "late or no delivery". The CSR's are friendly and the company really values customer satisfaction. Their selection is staggering too. Like other large online vendors, they're struggling with fake reviews but they acknowledge it and are working towards resolving this issue....IF it can ever be completely resolved, seeing as the fraudsters always find a "workaround". Unfortunately, It's a never ending Cat and Mouse game.

“Mostly ok”
6/12/17
• Previous review

I buy from Amazon a lot. Often they will have better prices than most retailers. Delivery is relatively fast and packaging is good. However, there are a couple of things that have irritated me lately. They are as follows:

1. There are OFTEN price drops for an item JUST AFTER you purchase it. They will not offer a price guarantee, no matter how loyal a customer you are. I think it's a really PETTY and MISERLY business practice, especially in view of how much they make off loyal customers like me.

2. I am a "subscribe and save" member. Amazon will often "drop" an item (or more) from your list because it has become "unavailable" for one reason or another. I put in a lot of time and effort in product research to put together the perfect monthly shopping list of items that suit my needs. They are also "supposed" to be secured with discounted pricing, provided you have at least 5 items on the list. That means I'm scrambling around again to find another item to add to the list to get my discount. Considering that there is not a large selection of products that qualify for "subscribe and save" in the first place, this becomes VERY frustrating! Basically, their "subscribe and save" service is VERY unreliable. So what's the point of even having it?

lanap26
10/31/18

I can't imagine my life without Amazon and their amazing service! I am especially in love with the Kindle - it is the best reading experience money can buy. It doesn't strain my eyes, the built in light works great and the screen is suitable for any environment. And I get all my books from amazon as well so everything works great together.

reneey8
10/30/18

anything you want is available
and so timely
especially with amizon prime
what an amazing buiness!
you can order on a saturday
they even deliver on sunday!
love them!

tonib83
10/29/18

For months I've been trying to solve a billing dispute with Amazon and Chase (who does Amazon's billing). Last April Amazon offered a free month's trial of Amazon Prime shipping and I agreed to give it a try. During that month I realized that I don't order from Amazon enough to justify paying them $14.00 a month so I called them to cancel my membership. I also brought up the fact that they were charging me $7.99 a month for "Amazon Digital Services" (whatever the heck that is) and I certainly didn't order it. I was assured that they'd cancel my subscriptions and credit my account. They finally canceled the charges on my September statement but they added them back in the same statement! They had been charging me the $21.99 per month for five months and it ended up they didn't actually credit my account for even one!
Every single time I've called, I've received the run around. Amazon's Customer Service Reps (five of them!) tell me I have to call Chase and Chase tells me I have to contact Amazon! An Amazon CSR sent me an email stating that I owe them nothing but Chase refused to give me their fax number or an email address that I could forward the email to. After an Amazon Rep pulled a "we can't call Chase for you" runaround yet again I replied that Chase has refused several times when I suggested they set up a conference call between them, me and Amazon, he stated that they weren't allowed to make conference calls either. I pointed out that (1) Amazon is the one who notifies Chase how much to bill me for and (2) he knows as well as I do that Chase is not going to take a customer's word for anything...it had to come from Amazon. I argued him down so he staged the conference call. When we got a Chase CSR by the name of Rajesh (ID # L348143) on the line, he asked me to verify my identity. He asked me my email address and I gave it to him. He said my answer was incorrect so, even though I doubted that since I gave him the one they send their emails to, I held back my anger and gave him my old email address. He again told me it was incorrect so he couldn't help me. While he was talking I signed into my Chase account, went to my profile page and sure enough, I gave him the correct address the first time. When I informed him that I was starring at my profile page and I had given him the correct email address, he denied it. When I asked the Amazon CSR (who had been silent throughout the exchange) to verify my identity, the Chase Rep realized he was a party to a conference call and he hung up on me.
That's how ridiculous this whole mess has gotten. I called Amazon one last time this morning and spoke with Shahrukh (ID # I370786) and explained that my cancer meds cause memory loss and confusion and that's why I simply glanced at their statements and paid them whatever they said I owed. But it finally hit me that the last things I ordered were a microwave in February, 2018 and 2 very cheap software discs in March and since I'd paid them $40 to $60 every month, they had to be paid off by then. His solution was to credit my account for the two late charges that have been levied while I've been trying to settle the dispute. I told him that wasn't good enough because I'm not paying them another cent...in fact, they OWE ME $50.97.
I'm going to report both companies to the FTC and the BBB and when it's settled, I will cancel my Amazon account and, believe me, I will tell everyone I know or meet about this experience.

carmena20
10/29/18

I love shopping on sites that offer dearest scounts, secure logins and identification security with PayPal. Thank you for the safe delivery of my items especially when it cost me nothing to ship!

kathyp181
10/29/18

When you can't find it anywhere else, AMAZON has it. I have prime membership and I get everything the next day or 2 days later. Perfect

alekss15
10/29/18

it has every thing I have ever wanted/needed iv never got a bad deal and had such a decent time playing around with it

markn64
10/28/18

i find the products generally overpriced and prefer other venues for online shopping. occasionally deals can be found but not very often.

anilp3
10/27/18

When I search items on Amazon USA I see "This item ships to Quakers Hill, Australia."
When I add the item to cart & go to checkout why I get this message.....
"We are unable to ship non-digital items from amazon.com to Australian shipping addresses.
Please choose a shipping address that is not in Australia to proceed. Some restrictions may still apply depending on the item."
Why are you wasting our time?
If any item you are not going to ship to Australia Don't show it is available to ship to Australia!
I tried the Amazon Australia. It is very very expansive. Amazon US has got good prices but you don't ship to Australia. JUST BLOCK SITE FOR any Australian come to look here.!
I was really in love with Amazon US but now I HATE You too much!
Hope you can understand my PAIN!
I am really unhappy for Amazon not shipping to Australia & Australian Amazon is not COMPETITIVE!
I will delete my account from Amazon forever. EBay will be the only good option for me.
Anil Patel

williamb907

Hello,
Wanted to bring something to light that just happened to me when purchasing a high dollar scope from Amazon.com. I just purchased a Steiner T5Xi from Amazon the seller, not a 3rd party seller (want to be sure that is clear that this came direct from Amazon as the merchant) and when I received the package today I received a shrink wrapped sealed T5Xi box with a Steiner seals on both sides of the box underneath the shrink-wrap. However, all I actually received in the original box were 2 freakin Ice Mountain water bottles inside! I almost got sick.

Someone tried very hard to defraud either Amazon if it came from Steiner this way or an Amazon employee stealing and knowingly sending the package out this way. It had the LPN label on the outside of the box which usually indicates a previous customer return at some point which means, they were trying to pass it off as "New."

What strikes me as very odd was that the manufacture stickers were still sealing the box inside the shrinkwrap. I cut them both myself. That, and the fact that whoever did this knew the weight of the scope to get almost exactly the same weight with the 2 water bottles.

I'm just in complete shock and awe. I've had someone try to rip me off before on eBay trying to say I sent them junk in a box. Thankfully, I record every package I send prior to shipping so I have the process on file for just these instances but the fact that it came from a billion dollar retailer sealed in this manner just baffles me.

I can attach some pictures of the box and seals and contents of the package.

This is the 2nd purchase of a scope in 1 week that was received as the wrong item. I also ordered a 3-12x44mm scope, again from Amazon the merchant, not a 3rd party merchant, and what I received was the same model but the 4-18x44mm version INSIDE the 3-12x44mm box. So obviously, they are selling used or returned items as "New" and their now $15 p/h employees are not even checking the boxes to verify the contents.

I am done purchasing anything from Amazon, period. They are clearly falsely marking items as "New" that are previously used or returned items and the folks in charge of checking these things to ensure that they are returned correctly and properly retested are failing miserably.

Thanks for your attention,
William Burnett

michaelw959
10/26/18

On a Friday evening, I ordered some pants from Amazon and, a couple of hours later, order more pants from JCP.com. The JCP order arrived on Tuesday morning, the Amazon order not until 3 days later on Friday afternoon. So much for Amazon's amazingly fast shipping.

Tip for consumers: Don't bet you will get your order quickly.

benc279
10/26/18

So, they have some tricks to trick you into. For example Prime. They offer you free 30day Prime membership, then they automatically charge your card for the next month without any notification. That's what I hate the most. No notification no nothing.

elijaho7
10/25/18

From my kitchen and home appliances to my personal fashion apparels, I rely on the Amazon store without any doubt in my mind. The quality is the finest and is their service.

civilr
10/23/18

What complete, hostile, moronic idiots. What an awful combo. A company staffed with divas, with personality disorders.

I was owed several refunds and "Jarrod" did the email equivalent of hanging up the phone up in my face and blocking my number.

See related screenshot of the top notch "executive" middle finger to me, I mean world class customer service. Refunding the WRONG ITEMS. What clueless chumps.

Good for them. Countdown to closing up shop with this garbage. These guys are full blown clowns. No question.

celester11
10/23/18

I'm just over Amazon at this point. I love the merchandise, but the alleged customer service is in the toilet.

The last straw for me? Being called a thief by another sensitive, unique snowflake. I'm over it. This company has some serius balls to be talking to customers like that. I'm tired of useless responses, that are clearly cut and pasted. None of the agents appear to have any intelligence left. A pass for me, going forward. Tired of the constant headache and feeling completely ripped off.

Being called an actual thief on top of things, that's too far. Being asked for my side of things by the alleged "executive" department too? No f'ing way. What clowns.

Me? I'll go back to eBay and in person shopping, going forward. Also, will make sure to spread the word on sites like this and in my local circle.

heatherw119
10/20/18

I loved Amazon before this. Two day shipping and great deals. I really loved asking sellers and buyer questions about products before buying. So Amazon deleted all of my reviews and blocked me from asking questions. All i did before this is write a bad review for a terrible, pricey item. Only, i bought it on ebay. But if you cant write reviews for products you bought elsewhere, why do they allow you to. Its annoying, but I guess I can live with that, except how can they block me and still allow hundreds, maybe thousands, of sellers with completely fake reviews. Some have all reviews that aren't verified purchase and I've seen some with reviews that are just taken from numerous other products. They're system sucks and you can't trust reviews for anything

bonnieb204
10/18/18

Great service, delivery and prompt refunds when needed.and I use it for almost everything. Once when the delivery was detained Amazon keep me informed without me asking.

amyh360
10/17/18

Great experience so far, found everything I need for good price. All the purchases I made went without a hinch.

jenniferr429
10/16/18

I'm shopping on this website weekly. I spend all my money but it's worth it. I love having prime also....great idea Amazon. I hope to one day work for you guys. This would be awesome.

horacea6
10/15/18

Amazon.com has a lot of home based opportunities. What about becoming a contactor for them. Check out all the other careers they have to offer as well right on their website. Hey, how about betting on you for a change!

leslieb214
10/15/18

EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE YOU WILL ORDER SOMETHING AND YOU GET IT AND IT IS WAY SMALLER THAN YOU THOUGHT IT WOULD BE AND ITS A COMPLETE BUMMER BECAUSE YOU SWORE IT WAS THE COOLEST.. OTHERWISE I LOVE AMAZON AND USE IT ALMOST EVERY WEEK..PRIME IS WHERE ITS AT!

danb468
10/14/18

They don't honor their promises. No way to complain about it, since they do not think customers deserve an email or phone number to contact them. Worst company ever.

33 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Bought a hair dryer for my daughter in Melbourne. Arrived no probs.

By Tony A.

I would call their customer service dept. They are all pretty knowledgeable and helpful. Good luck.

By Konstantin P.

This problem began when Amazon Market Place started up and when I saw how bad it was with sellers selling at 3 to 4 times the full retail price at other online stores, it was a hint for me to stop supporting Amazon Market Place. If its sold by Amazon, I might buy it but I do my utmost to find a lower price so I don't have to buy it from Amazon. More often than not Bestbuy or Staples has it for the same or lower price. Bought an Asus RT AC 5300 from Bestbuy for 500 Canadian and it doesn't sell for less at Amazon. Returns are no hassle 30 day returns and no shipping just take it to a local retail store and that saves the wrapping and shipping.

By Paul H.

The above answers are good - I agree that a personal contact on the phone is best. - Go to 'Your Account', then click 'Let Us Help You' -then click Help - Then 'need more help',- then click 'Contact Us' - fill out the 3 steps and choose 'more no norder questions, - then clock on phone - from there it will direct you (how long the wait etc and they call you back)

By John G.

I have never shipped or had things shipped to or from Australia. Sorry

By Monica C.

It takes longer if you don't pay monthly for Amazon prime.

By Robart B.

you answer on the actual question I believe.

By Kira S.

I really don't understand. The box packaging doesn't matter really. But possibly go to Amazon customer service, and ask for help. You may be able to get the other video games too, and if not, you can always ask for a refund.

By Trinity S.

Never.

By Bill H.

Yes I do on the items I purchase and also through google and sitejabber

By LisaMarie O.
Questions? Get answers from the Amazon staff and other customers.

Amazon?