Review of Amazon

john@amazon.com
2018 Customer choice award

janes171
12/26/18

Wish we could give negative.I will never buy anything from amazon.com for christmas gifts.They treat non prime members like dirt.In fact I try to avoid them when I can because they have become a nightmare.I have learned my lesson.On their website they clearly and it really big bold type state that our orders will make it in time for christmas.Customer service literally denies the reality everyone else lives in about the delivery of christmas gifts.We expected the package in a reasonable 5-7 business days after ordering but because they live on another planet they waited over 5 days to ship it and now will be here several days after christmas.Wow,that's how much they care about their customers,their families and their christmas holiday.They also will not provide proper tracking for packages so don't expect to be able to track your package.Amazon has really fallen.

willh96
12/24/18

Amazon customer care is really helpful.They are available 24*7.Amazon care .Amazon help staff.amazon prime Customer Care.amazon Alexa Support

scottf226
12/22/18

Not going to make this review long. Items have come damaged (more than several). Items not received within the time that they were promised. Items that were pre-ordered never showed up and were canceled. Packages being left on my garbage can. Everything is in Chinese or Chinese sold. Done with Amazon.

bonitav
12/19/18

I have been an Amazon prime member for about 2 or 3 years paying over 100$ a yr. for free two day shipping. Just tried to order a PRIME product that ships from the Amazon warehouse expecting it to arrive in two days. Not the case! Today is Dec.19th and product is to to arrive Dec. 26th.Thought I should have it in two days seeing as I pay for Prime and it said two day shipping at checkout but also said arrives after Xmas Dec 26th. Spoke with a supervisor and she informed me the two day Prime shipping guarantee is from the day it is shipped and does not include the order filling process. Could possibly take much longer than two days. She stated the guarantee is for two days from shipping date not order date. I think folks should be aware of this Prime policy if they are not already.

yelenag
12/19/18

I've been regularly ordering from Amazon for at least the last 15 years and have NEVER had a bad experience with them. I think that speaks volumes. I've ordered so many things from them over the years and they have never gotten any of my orders wrong. There have been one or two times when my Prime orders arrived a day later than they were supposed to - but honestly those times are so few and far in between and I really don't care especially considering how much they go out of their way to make things easier for us.

Also, the price matching is great. I'm always able to get things on Amazon for the same or a cheaper price than at other sites, or in store.

falloneh
12/18/18

2 months and no refund back to me. The dress i bought very big. Amazon dont help me at all. The seller blocked me, i am so upset

jessicaw347
12/18/18

Hey I bought a paint set and a set of lipstick from Amazon, It was up to the mark and every thing was great, I will definitely recommend this site my friends. I am giving it 4 stars out of 5 stars because the shipment was late 2 days. I dont know why. But over all I am happy.

michellet156
12/17/18

Amazon is reliable & customer service oriented. Every time I order I know Is will get what I ordered in a timely fashion and if there is any issue they stand behind their customers. prime is well worth the yearly fee. More online business should model their service and quality after Amazon. They are truely awesome

danyals
12/17/18

I have placed three orders with Amazon, all three of them delivered on time and great customer services when I contacted them for the return of one. What I like the most is the convenience they bring in providing the best products out there with best and affordable prices. I would recommend Amazon to others.

mandyg19
12/17/18

Easy to order on app. Great service all round. Would highly recommend shopping with Amazon. Amazing quickness when it comes to my delivery

lindae69
12/15/18

I got so tired of so many e-mails stating that my order had arrived when I didn't order anything. I didn't want to crack their eggs, do a survey, or anything else. I tried to stop the e-mails from coming, tried each and everything they told me to do, but e-mails keep coming. I had to go into their chat to get this address to cancel my account: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/rsvp-mi.html?q=acc1 They stopped me from posting on FB. Isn't it great how such a huge company can't take a few bad comments? I doubt I will ever do business with them again.

johnf830
12/14/18

It is awesome because the shipping was free, and it arrived early.I like using Amazon since there is a large selection of goods. The items I bought here are almost the same as advertised. The shipping time is accurate. The return and refund process is not hard. I once ordered a product that did not meet my expectations and I contacted the seller. She immediately told me how to return the product. She gave me a full refund after she received the goods. Will continue buying here!However I must be clear, Amazon can't help if the company gives you something bad quality, but they can refund it. It's a pretty awesome website, however some of the companies that sell on there aren't as awesome

sarodahc
12/13/18

I called him to give me a refund on An unauthorized subscription that they had me going when I ordered one thing from Amazon a month and a half ago and the first guy hung up on me because he was looking at my account wrong and then the other girl that I called back to was not helpful at all not trying to give me a refund and telling me that what I'm seeing on my account was wrong and my address was not right connected to my account and that I $#*!ing hate Amazon never in my life well I order from them ever again I never did I never will they suck their customer service suck them $#*!ing foreigners don't know what the $#*! they're doing I will never ever recommend them ever again

trinitys10
12/7/18

It is awesome because the shipping was free, and it arrived early. I really love Amazon! However I must be clear, Amazon can't help if the company gives you something bad quality, but they can refund it. It's a pretty awesome website, however some of the companies that sell on there aren't as awesome!

Tip for consumers: Read your reviews, that's the most important thing!

davids1960
12/6/18

I love amazon. Fast shipping. Easy returns. Movies and free shipping with Prime. Easy to share photos. Wow. I just bought stock in them, too.

amandan99
12/5/18

Pre Ordered a book for guaranteed release date delivery. Guess what?!? No show! 7 different customer service reps and 2 days later and I get told they had to push my delivery date back due to unseen issues but won't refund my money until the book is delivered?!? Kept putting me on hold and then asked if I was ok with the service. Umm.. no! I want my purchase or a full refund the day it was supposed to be delivered. Won't be making that mistake again! Amazon used to be great, now it's a waste of time and money!

floydc33
12/5/18

I ordered an item from Amazon.com and paid for 2 day shipping. I did not know at the time the USPS would close on the day of delivery. I contacted Amazon chat and made my frustration known. About an hour later, my package was delivered to my house. I was amazed at the extra step Amazon took for me to get my package.

matte75
12/5/18

Holiday season buying a lot of stuff from Amazon. They said they delivered a pair of pants - the package was ripped open and it wasn't in there. I have a camera at the front door so I know it was delivered that way. Not going to accuse anyone.10 minutes with customer service chat i got a full refund, no arguing. That was pretty amazing. Delivery also sent my stuff to my neighbor and his stuff to me. Good thing we are buddies and we exchanged packages. Also noticed some stuff are cheaper (much cheaper!) at seller's own sites, even without free shipping and 5% back on Amazon card. Overall Amazon is not perfect but probably the best retailer out there.

urbanb28
12/3/18

I called Amazon to day due to repeated delays in shipping on my orders. I have had Amazon Prime for years. They tried to blame it on Fed Ex! I pay extra on an annual basis to guarantee my products will arrive in 2 days. They are awful! I subsequently will "jump ship" from Amazon and take my business to other online sellers.

staceyd47
12/2/18

I have been a huge Amazon fan for years... Prime member for years.... almost all on-line shopping dine through Amazon. I have relied heavily on their customer reviews because I felt that they were an HONEST evaluation of a given product. I discovered this week that their reviews are a LIE. They CENSOR and BLOCK negative reviews of verified purchases. This is OUTRAGEOUS. I am shocked and dismayed and wish there was some way I could tell the public at large that AMAZON REVIEWS ARE A SCAM. They will block negative reviews so that people will continue to waste their money on junk products.

Here is the story and the proof.

I purchased a stupid Christmas beanie cap on one of their Black Friday lightning deals. It was only like $6 or $7. The fabric has Christmas lights around it and they supposedly lit up. I thought my high school daughter would get a kick out of it. Despite being Prime, it took like a week to arrive (their "2 day guaranteed free shipping is another scam which has frustrated me, but not like this... not enough to make me quit the convenience of Amazon). It shows up yesterday and I pull it out of the package and discover that - not only does it NOT light up, it has zero wires and no battery pack. There is a small pocket sewn in the inside where the battery and switch are supposed to be, but again, there are no wires and no battery. It was cheap and I didn't really care enough to return it, but I went onto website to leave a review. (I will generally leave reviews on products that are either 5-star fantastic, or 1-star terrible. I think those experiences are most valuable to other shoppers.) I went into my account and started my review by clicking the one-star button. This should have allowed my to then title and explain my poor review. Instead, I git a message saying that Amazon could not accept my review if this product (mind you, all I had done was click the one star button.) They said that they had some unusual review activity' so they were blocking reviews of this product. I went back into the product image and lo and behold, I see the questions and comments part, I discover that multiple customers received hats just like me. No wires. No battery. And they were also very upset that Amazon was not allowing them to review it. So I sent Customer Service an email expressing my dismay at them blocking honest reviews of products by verified customers on their website. It took a full day (not the 12 hours promised) to reply, but this was the response:

Hello Stacey

This is Deleon from Communities.

We couldn't accept your review for Windy City Novelties LED Light-up Knitted Ugly Sweater Holiday Xmas Christmas Beanie - 3 Flashing Modes (FA La La Beanie) because we detected unusual review behavior on this product. We place limits on reviews to preserve trust in customer reviews. This can include limiting submission of all reviews or limiting reviews to Amazon Verified Purchase reviews.

For more details, please see our Community Guidelines:

For more information about Verified Purchase reviews:

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best regards,
Deleon A
........................................................................................................................

Thank you for your inquiry. Did I solve your problem?

If yes, please click here:

If no, please click here:

Your feedback is helping us build Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company.

Thank you.
Amazon.com

---- Original Message: ----

---------------
12/01/18 17:18:07
Your Name: Stacey
Order Id: 112-0724340-1805852
Selected Order Items:
Windy City Novelties LED Light-up Knitted Ugly Sweater Holiday Xmas Christmas Beanie - 3 Flashing Modes (FA La La Beanie) - 112-0724340-1805852
Comments:This "light up" hat came with zero wires and no battery pack. Looking at the customer questions/answers, this has happened to a lot of people who ordered this as one of your Black Friday deals. I went to leave a review and it says that Amazon cannot accept my review of this product. What?!!! You are deciding that customers cannot review a product if something you are selling is total garbage? It is not worth my time nor energy to return it but I wanted to be able to at least warn other customers about this product. I have always relied heavily on customer reviews and is why I have always been a fan of Amazon despite numerous frustrations with shipping expectations that you set but rarely meet. Now I know that your reviews are a fraud. You shut down reviews of products that do not even meet basic standards. This company should NOT be allowed to sell through Amazon AND you should allow every verified customer to review any and all products that they have purchased. Shame on you. I will likely quit Amaxon because of this and will post on a review website that you are sensoring and blocking negative reviews.
---------------

The bottom line is this: Amazon is a DISHONEST COMPANY who is censoring customers reviews to protect their bottom line. They want everyone to waste their money on this stupid garbage hat because it makes them money. They want us to believe that the reviews we read are real and are from verified' customers, but they don't tell you that it ya all a lie because they pick and choose which reviews to accept. It is really a disgrace. They were the first company to publish customer reviews in 1995 and now they have lost their way. SHAME on Amazon. I will miss the convenience of shipping with them but I cannot support such a loathsome, dishonest company any longer. I hope all who read this will boycott Amazon as well.

mariap320
12/1/18

I can´t tell how easier my life has been since I shop through Amazon. I´ve been doing it for ages in different countries and I never got disappointed, it´s such a relief to have access to my books that way. Amazon.mx, Amazon.es, Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk ....thank you!!!!!

taniad35
11/28/18

I don't know why people are complaining about Amazon like this, it's a whole bunch of picky people that are greedy and want everything for free.. yes they don't match prices because it's an online store, DUH! If you want to match that product for a lower price go to walmart or something. Also for who says they can't find Amazon's phone number.. if you type "amazon costumer service" that phone number will be there. Wait, let me do that for you (888 280 4331) Also there is prime for one reason. FREE 2 day shipping, it's 12.99 a month people, don't cry about it. Besides that Amazon never failed me and their costumer service is IMPECCABLE. Best online store hands down. That's why it's one of the best companies in the world. Get over it

dejanm10
11/27/18

I was Amazon prime member from 2014, in last year and half they started doing things like: I order something and they keep delaying delivery for a days, when you order something they guarantee delivery by specific date, after they take your money they start explaining you that you didn't understand and is not always like that. They don't wait no even one day for me to pay, they cut membership in second and they take money in second, but, when you have problems, they keep explaining that you are wrong and they are right. I am switching to eBay. Don't trust Amazon anymore .

deborahl24
11/27/18

My Amazon searches are now all gunked up with sponsored adds that appear out of price order and in violation of my criteria! I've even ordered the wrong thing assuming it was the same as all the other cables on the list. Walmart has greatly improved, has many of the same small sellers I got in my amazon results, and now has an area in the store near us dedicated to online returns (pick up too but I'd rather have it shipped free to me). And you can return stuff w/o a reason and still for free.

michelef75
11/26/18

I bought a toy that is Amazon Exclusive within 30 days and now their price is lower and they won't refund the $8 difference but I could send it back which would cost me $8! This is why we need to keep shopping big box stores that will make these kind of credits!

33 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Bought a hair dryer for my daughter in Melbourne. Arrived no probs.

By Tony A.

I would call their customer service dept. They are all pretty knowledgeable and helpful. Good luck.

By Konstantin P.

This problem began when Amazon Market Place started up and when I saw how bad it was with sellers selling at 3 to 4 times the full retail price at other online stores, it was a hint for me to stop supporting Amazon Market Place. If its sold by Amazon, I might buy it but I do my utmost to find a lower price so I don't have to buy it from Amazon. More often than not Bestbuy or Staples has it for the same or lower price. Bought an Asus RT AC 5300 from Bestbuy for 500 Canadian and it doesn't sell for less at Amazon. Returns are no hassle 30 day returns and no shipping just take it to a local retail store and that saves the wrapping and shipping.

By Paul H.

The above answers are good - I agree that a personal contact on the phone is best. - Go to 'Your Account', then click 'Let Us Help You' -then click Help - Then 'need more help',- then click 'Contact Us' - fill out the 3 steps and choose 'more no norder questions, - then clock on phone - from there it will direct you (how long the wait etc and they call you back)

By John G.

I have never shipped or had things shipped to or from Australia. Sorry

By Monica C.

It takes longer if you don't pay monthly for Amazon prime.

By Robart B.

you answer on the actual question I believe.

By Kira S.

I really don't understand. The box packaging doesn't matter really. But possibly go to Amazon customer service, and ask for help. You may be able to get the other video games too, and if not, you can always ask for a refund.

By Trinity S.

Never.

By Bill H.

Yes I do on the items I purchase and also through google and sitejabber

By LisaMarie O.
Questions? Get answers from the Amazon staff and other customers.

Amazon?