Review of Neiman Marcus

neimanmarcus@customercare.neimanmarcus.com
2017 Customer choice award

laurens295
6/30/18

I have to get really mad to posts reviews and neiman Marcus has infuriated me. I purchased an expensive Valentino bag online and then a friend told me that the bag is 60% off at Saks and Barneys and 4 other retail stores. Since I placed the order already I would assume with all the money I spend at neimans and I'm a good customer they would price match because they say they will.
Saks and Barney's and harrods had a couple of bags left. I emailed neiman Marcus the link but by the time almost 2 days later they reviewed it the bags were all sold out. The same exact bag. They are claiming they cNt price match unless its in stock. I would have bought the bag yesterday or the day before somewhere else. They have proof of the bag being 60% off at more then 4 competitor stores. They are selling this bag and tins of other full price. This is disgusting and the fact that they won't price match is horrific since they were in stock when I originally contacted them.
There customer service is horrible no wonder the stores look like they are going to $#*!. Maybe they are going bankrupt. They are ripping off customers left and right. I will NEVER shop here again. I have worked in retail as a manager and this is appalling.

rutht60
6/20/18

Ive been NM customer for decades because they used to have excellent customer service. Now they are unresponsive, uncaring and lack ordinary common courtesy toward their loyal customers, particularly in their SF couture Department. Alice Steinmiller, the Couture Department Manager, never returned my calls. I contacted Shannon Blunden, the Assistant Store Manager, who also didnt return my calls as she promised. The issue is that I need to replace a $27,500 coat I bought at NM, but they no longer carry high-end coats. When I asked for their help finding a similar-priced cost at one of their other stores, they simply ignored me. They dont want my business and their behavior is unprofessional and inexcusable, to say the least.

nataliam33
6/2/18

I made my first and definitely last order at Neiman Marcus. I've had 3 issues with SINGLE order. One of items was out of stock so I had to wait 3 weeks for it. When I finally got email it was going to be shipped after few days it turned out they have cancelled my order all together and that's not it - I was not informed about it. I had to purchase the item again. When I finally received it , it was damaged and customer service offered me exchange which would take another 2 weeks. That is a joke!!!

susant230
5/8/18

I opened an account at NM at 2AM EST and I called to get my credit limit since it is not indicated on credit approval. Nevertheless, the agent states my account was opened the day before but I could still qualify for the 5000 points. I called again to check the status of my order an again was told the points will show. Now its 5 days later still no points. The third agent says I opened the account the previous day at 11:30 pm and the points cant be added but a request will be submitted to the marketing team. Its a bunch of BS and false advertising. Make sure youre in the right time zone when you apply for these marketing schemes. I wont be spending anymore money with NM and may return my purchase. Thanks for this useless card NM!

debral95
3/26/18

My aunt from Dallas sent my daughter here in Colorado an outfit from Neiman Marcus for her birthday. The outfit consisted of a dress and shoes, the dress was too big and my daughter didn't care for the shoes. We go to Neiman Marcus at Cherry Creek Mall to try and return these items, we also have online receipts for the items. First point of concern was the first person that helped us was basically unable to speak English. I'm all for diversity, but if you're unable to communicate, that's a problem. It took over 30 minutes to exchange the items for gift cards, as this was all we were eligible to get even though we had receipts. The manager that ended up helping us needed all my aunts information, then I was informed it didn't look like my aunt purchased the items online. I explained that my aunt, yes in fact, purchased the items and has been a long time customer of Neiman Marcus. Then they proceeded to request all my information, my address, my phone number, I mean really, why do they need this, again we had receipts. Finally, we were issued gift cards, they couldn't give us one gift card, it had to be two, because one item was a dress and the other item shoes. This was all just ridiculous. If my aunt didn't purchase the item at Neiman's, I would probably never go to this department store. After all this, my daughter picked up one a t-shirt that was over $250.00 dollars. I don't really know any average income people that can spend that kind of $$ on a t-shirt. The store was basically empty, just employees walking around, and I understand why. My daughter did end up applying her money toward a beautiful prom dress and I made up the difference, but again I would never choose to shop there.

charliew56
3/19/18

Incredible selection of shoes and handbags. I usually shop online since my dear husband dislikes shopping.

Amazing shoe collection. (Yes, I have to say it again). The latest CL, Manolos, Pierre Hardy, and tons of top name designers. Great sale racks too.

leonv16
3/15/18

We ordered something and it arrived broken. They handled it quickly over the phone and I had my money but not my product in 3 days.

mariah138
3/14/18

This is the worst high end department store ever! If you want high end with great prices and good customer service don't shop at Neiman Marcus! Shop at Nordstrom, Bloomingdales and even Barneys New York they are all GREAT! Neiman Marcus and Bergdorfs are HORRIBLE. Their shipping is slow and if you want to sign for it they send it ground so you don't know when they are coming to deliver instead of sending a different way so that you have a time frame window as to when they will deliver it. Most importantly the same merchandise that you can find at Neiman Marcus I have found days later at other stores for 30% less! This is really a EXPENSIVE, NEEDLESS MARKUP STORE WITH POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. The last time I went into the store I noticed a lot of women with Poor Taste and a lot of money to spend but money can not buy you GOOD TASTE AND CLASS!

natalyac2
2/26/18

I am so insulted and disappointed by visiting today Neiman Marcus at Galleria Mall in Fort Lauderdale, FL 33004. I am not writing a whole story what happened to me. I will write it tomorrow. I am still shaken up and flushed from the offensive insult. I did not experience this feeling for probably ever!
I am working with my lawyer now, and I am writing a letter to a new CEO Geoffroy Van Raemdonck. Hopefully, he will bring some changes to this nasty swamp.
Stay away from a shoe department at Galleria Mall, Fort Lauderdale!!! A MALE salesmen is a irritated joke in this store! These people did not deserve a penny of commission! Order on line, there are so many choices those days.

luigib14
2/13/18

On Friday I called NM to make sure that if I ordered a gift on Friday I would get it by Tuesday 2/13. They assured me it would so we ordered it FedEx next day. Today is Tuesday and no package. After a couple hours on the phone, they said they put the order on hold (to protect me from fraud, surely it's more to protect them because my credit card company protects me) and I will get it some time this week. Basically it was sorry but your out of luck. It's common sense that if I order something FedEx next day, I need it quickly and if you're deciding to put an order on hold, a company like NM would at least contact me and let me know that they are not shipping it. They also should have informed me of this possibility when I called on Friday prior to placing the order. Instead, what they find acceptable to rectify their screw up is to say, sorry, it's a shame that you have no gift to give today and will walk in empty handed. I specifically asked to speak to a manager, not a supervisor and after waiting on hold, I get a supervisor (exactly what I said not to do). I was and still am shocked at how poorly they handle their errors. Again, their error because nobody told me this was possible when I called to confirm that getting next day air would get it in time for the party and they said yes as well as nobody contacting me to say the order would be delayed when it was obvious that I needed it right away. At the end, the supervisor said he would credit me $100.00. Well, that will buy me a headband at NM but not make much of a dent for having to buy a 2nd gift last minute so I'm not empty handed since NM can't seem to handle a simple expedited order. Fool me once is all they will get from me and I will shop at Saks or Nordstroms instead. They haven't let me down Nd always quickly offer to make up for their very few errors generously.

evelynk17
1/16/18

January 16, 2018

Dear Neiman Marcus Customer Service:

I thought you should be aware of the irritating customer service I received from Neiman Marcus after ordering a pair of shoes that eventually never materialized.
I ordered the pair of shoes back in October (10/18/2017: WN10381296899) with hopes of having them for Christmas. When I ordered them, it indicated they were the last pair in my size (I was thrilled). But then after waiting for 2 weeks and not hearing anything, I reached out to customer service to find out they were delayed and my shipping date was sometime in November.
Then it starts to get really annoying .
So for the next three months, I received almost daily emails notifying me that my order status had changed and I would need to email customer service within 24 hours or my order would be cancelled!
So almost daily, I responded to the increasingly annoying messages indicating I would wait for my order.
Then around January 8th, I receive another email simply stating the order couldnt be fulfilled and it would be cancelled.
When I inquired to customer service, I received your canned responses just with different first and last name initials at the end of them then after getting so frustrated, I told them I was going to cancel my credit card, I received a nice note back stating:
Ricardo A
Thank you for contacting Neiman Marcus online.

You are most welcome. It is our pleasure to assist you in any way we possibly can. If you have any further questions or concerns you may contact us directly at 1-888-888-4757, via chat or by email. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Thank you for shopping with us. Please feel free to contact us at any time.

Regards,
Ricardo A
12 Jan, 11:19

Heres the thing I went onto Amazon, ordered the exact shoe but in Navy Blue, ½ price and had it the next day!!!!
If I were on your customer service team, I would have reached out mid-process and asked if there were any other colors that might interest me say for example Navy Blue (which I purchased from Amazon) or Black Leather (which I purchased directly from Vince.com) but no, they just kept sending annoying status emails and canned responses to my questions.
I will admit, there were times when I wasnt so pleasant, you could hear the frustration in my emails but then again, customer service was anything but helpful.

Regards, Evelyn K

maayl
1/11/18

Neiman Marcus will promise any delivery time AND take the extra money for the expedited delivery charge. Then you will get a Thank-you email with Caveat the delivery "May" be delayed. They have excuses not discussed prior to the sale. I am on day 4 of a OVERNITE delivery that has not even been given a tracking number. Their current excuses? Gift wrapping delay, coming from a "store" vs...what? All excuses I should have been made aware of before I chose to depend on when I bought and paid for next day delivery. Now they cannot cancel the sale either so the package will sit on a porch - if it's ever delivered. My problem if it's stolen off porch. Another expensive coat was delivered on time last eek BUT had white dog hairs all over it and the zipper was stuck. Apparently a return not checked at all.....Ugh. BUY ELSEWHERE!!!!!

sherrye20
12/30/17

I found there were no reviews when I purchased lobster items on Neimans website. I would like to have posted but they would not allow. I wanted to post my review of the items I purchased but they will not allow it. If you purchase anything regarding lobster go to the Han$#*! gourmet lobster company and read the reviews there. It would be nice to have read their reviews before I purchased from Neimans.

tzvib
12/14/17

Someone used my credit card to make a phone purchase of a $6,000 Chanel handbag. Had my CC # and sent it to my co-op address. Someone signed the Fedex tablet with my name (but not my signature). The co-op has a computerized package receipt system and the log shows no packages arriving for me that day. Neiman Marcus insists that it was me dispite all the facts. The Fedex signature was on a Tuesday at 10:14 in the morning. I'm in a different state working at my desk at that time. Neiman Marcus refuses to relinquish the charge. I'm now stuck with a $6,000- charge on my Chase credit card and Chase keeps telling me that Neiman Marcus says it's a valid charge. I had never been in a NM store before. This is ridiculous. My cards aren't worth $6k each. They are the big beating up on the little and something should be done. I didn't order it, I didn't receive it. Some little $#*! in their Short Hills store won't take the blame so I am stuck with it. Someone please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chocow
12/11/17

Neiman Marcus is THE WORST retailer ever.
I ordered some items on 11/23 and they canceled it the next day. Without letting me know any specific reasons.
I tried to solve the problem and call them after they cancel. They replied with There is trouble with your payment information," and would not give me any further details. I explained that I already shopped at Neiman Marcus numerous times, and don't understand why there is an issue now - with all the previous orders to show it. The customer service replied by saying it was their "actions department" in charge of cancelling orders, and even the supervisor of the "customer service department" did not have any jurisdiction to receive and answers. Honestly, I used to love shopping at Neiman Marcus. After trying really hard to solve the problem and ask the supervisor how to solve the problem, and why I couldn't even get a straight answer to why my order was cancelled, she actually replied this: "Sir, Neiman Marcus actually holds the THE RIGHT TO CANCEL ANY ORDER FOR ANY REASON."
This is ridiculous but is not the worse part.
I paid the order with my credit card and $150 gift card. They never returned my 150 gift card!
Until today, I tried to contact Neiman Marcus to ask what had happened to my $150 gift card. All they said was they issued a check and sent it out 10 days ago, WITHOUT TELLING ME, or CONFIRMING with me WHERE. Now I have to stupidly wait another day so they can contact another "department" customers can't contact to give me an update.
I seriously feel this company has no honor what-so-ever and their actions are literally fraud.
If you are considering shopping here, Please don't!!!!!

anniel71
12/9/17

I had ordered Christmas gifts online. One item was cancelled. I was not notified. I don't know what happened. Another two items were put on backorder. When I did get them they were the wrong color. I have receivved no help. As expensive as Neiman Marcus is you would think customer service would be better. You would think you would get what you ordered.

judyw79
11/28/17

Neiman Marcus cancelled my orders twice at different time. Their first reaction is always "Oh it is bank security concern, you should check with your bank. We can only see your credit card was denied by bank." I didn't check with bank at the first time and went Macy's for the product. But I check with bank this time. Customer service from Chase bank said the transection was made on 11/23 but Neiman Marcus reversed it on 11/27 (that is yesterday).
Of course I contacted Neiman Marcus again, they now admitted maybe there are some problem of their system. They said they will start investigate and give me a reason why they canceled my order without notification and lied it is bank's issue in 24 hours. Wait and see!!!!!!

kimberlc
11/26/17

Smart website, awesome designers and depictions, discounts and quick delivery - not to mention excellent customer service. Nice packaging for gifts, too!

lillianv5
11/8/17

elissar2
10/26/17

Neiman Marcus is a perfect " go to " place on line. Their style of clothes matches mine perfectly. Always very easy to communicate with, if their is a problem,

lilyl28
10/12/17

I don't know why there are so many positive reviews on this website?! It's simply the worst experience I ever had with an online store. I tried to order an item more than five times and all my orders were cancelled without notice... I tried two credit cards and Paypal as well, all were cancelled because they "couldn't verify my billing address". So I reached it out to their customer service and they asked me to send to them a copy of my bank statement to their credit card authorisation department... It bothered me but I did what they ask to prove them there are sufficient funds on my credit card, I sent an email and when I checked back to my account one hour later my order was cancelled!! What a JOKE!! Never ever going to order again from this scam website! I recommend instead to shop on Nordstrom, they have a great customer service and never had a problem with them.

tatianag14
9/12/17

Bad customer service.
As a return customer, I reopened my Neiman cc and placed an order. After a week of waiting, I went on line and discovered that my order got cancelled. The items I wanted to be purchased were no longer available. The order got cancelled without a notification or explanation. I called customer service and was told that the store needed to verify my personal information. We were trying to reach you However, no one called or texted, or e-mailed me.
I am receiving the promo e-mails but, as of today- 2 weeks later, I am have not had a single e-mail: we are trying to reach you
I am on hold with the verification department now for 10 minutes, listening to this awful musicI finally got a voice mail...
I think I am done now. Time to shop elsewhere.

barbaram207
9/1/17

I shopped downtown at Neiman Marcus many times over a 20-year period in my last state. Then we moved to another state...the closest store is nearly three hours away so I have ordered online all the years we've lived here excluding two trips to their store when I knew I needed the items for a trip. Don't understand so many negative reviews because not once have I ever had a problem with them. Sometimes an item might have been delayed a day or two but they were right on it with updates and returns were handled with no problem. Sometimes you do have to wait for exchanges, etc. But have talked to customer service many times and not once was anyone rude. Sometimes your attitude and how you talk to them can set the tone for the outcome. And maybe many of you did experience poor service, bad reps, etc. but it just seems like people love jumping on the negative bandwagon. And I am sorry that sometimes the wrong employees might get hired. But Neiman Marcus is still a good store and my purpose is to say they have always done their job and treated me professional and courtesly and corrected anything that was not right. I just wanted to convey that positive response.

lb102
7/21/17

Received a letter signed by Victoria Castilla (Manager, Customer Care Center) asking for my feedback.
Called Customer Service to clarify the purpose of this letter, and ended up with absolutely HORRIBLE customer experience
The person who answered the phone (didn't state her name) was extremely rude, spoke obnoxiously, and when I asked her to be more specific about the topic we discussed she asked me: "What is your language? What country you were born and raised?". That was totally inappropriate and sound like interrogation.
Lately, when I talked to the supervisor of the customer service, she refused to provide the name of the rude employee and was not polite either.
It is unbelievable that so called high end retailer has so poorly trained customer service.
I've been Neiman Marcus customer for 20+ years and was always pleased by their efficiency and excellent customer service. Well, it is all in the past, the things got changed and not in a good way. This company stoop way too low. I will definitely stop shopping in this store and will share this awful experience with as many people as I could.

tracih18
6/17/17

This is a redundant issue, my 1st concern is that I placed an order for a pair of ban sunglasses, I received them however they fit like they were meant for a child. I sent them back about 4 weeks later I received a pair of sunglasses in the post all broken with a note attached stating we're sorry but we cant take this item back b/c you have used the item. The glasses were destroyed not all the pieces were included. I called and they told me to send them back and they will credit my account once I send them back. Okay its been 2 mths no credit for 85.00.

I recently ordered fathers day gifts and 2 pair of tory loafers. I check the email to see when I would recieve the item and I was unable to access the fedex tracking information. Called customer service and the girl stated that I needed to contact the credit dept however she could not transfer me I would need to hang up and call them. Tried calling no answer.

Thanks for redundantly letting me down as a consumer.

Traci

148 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the Neiman Marcus staff and other customers.

Neiman Marcus?