Review of Neiman Marcus

neimanmarcus@customercare.neimanmarcus.com
2017 Customer choice award

tzvib
12/14/17

Someone used my credit card to make a phone purchase of a $6,000 Chanel handbag. Had my CC # and sent it to my co-op address. Someone signed the Fedex tablet with my name (but not my signature). The co-op has a computerized package receipt system and the log shows no packages arriving for me that day. Neiman Marcus insists that it was me dispite all the facts. The Fedex signature was on a Tuesday at 10:14 in the morning. I'm in a different state working at my desk at that time. Neiman Marcus refuses to relinquish the charge. I'm now stuck with a $6,000- charge on my Chase credit card and Chase keeps telling me that Neiman Marcus says it's a valid charge. I had never been in a NM store before. This is ridiculous. My cards aren't worth $6k each. They are the big beating up on the little and something should be done. I didn't order it, I didn't receive it. Some little $#*! in their Short Hills store won't take the blame so I am stuck with it. Someone please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chocow
12/11/17

Neiman Marcus is THE WORST retailer ever.
I ordered some items on 11/23 and they canceled it the next day. Without letting me know any specific reasons.
I tried to solve the problem and call them after they cancel. They replied with There is trouble with your payment information," and would not give me any further details. I explained that I already shopped at Neiman Marcus numerous times, and don't understand why there is an issue now - with all the previous orders to show it. The customer service replied by saying it was their "actions department" in charge of cancelling orders, and even the supervisor of the "customer service department" did not have any jurisdiction to receive and answers. Honestly, I used to love shopping at Neiman Marcus. After trying really hard to solve the problem and ask the supervisor how to solve the problem, and why I couldn't even get a straight answer to why my order was cancelled, she actually replied this: "Sir, Neiman Marcus actually holds the THE RIGHT TO CANCEL ANY ORDER FOR ANY REASON."
This is ridiculous but is not the worse part.
I paid the order with my credit card and $150 gift card. They never returned my 150 gift card!
Until today, I tried to contact Neiman Marcus to ask what had happened to my $150 gift card. All they said was they issued a check and sent it out 10 days ago, WITHOUT TELLING ME, or CONFIRMING with me WHERE. Now I have to stupidly wait another day so they can contact another "department" customers can't contact to give me an update.
I seriously feel this company has no honor what-so-ever and their actions are literally fraud.
If you are considering shopping here, Please don't!!!!!

anniel71
12/9/17

I had ordered Christmas gifts online. One item was cancelled. I was not notified. I don't know what happened. Another two items were put on backorder. When I did get them they were the wrong color. I have receivved no help. As expensive as Neiman Marcus is you would think customer service would be better. You would think you would get what you ordered.

judyw79
11/28/17

Neiman Marcus cancelled my orders twice at different time. Their first reaction is always "Oh it is bank security concern, you should check with your bank. We can only see your credit card was denied by bank." I didn't check with bank at the first time and went Macy's for the product. But I check with bank this time. Customer service from Chase bank said the transection was made on 11/23 but Neiman Marcus reversed it on 11/27 (that is yesterday).
Of course I contacted Neiman Marcus again, they now admitted maybe there are some problem of their system. They said they will start investigate and give me a reason why they canceled my order without notification and lied it is bank's issue in 24 hours. Wait and see!!!!!!

kimberlc
11/26/17

Smart website, awesome designers and depictions, discounts and quick delivery - not to mention excellent customer service. Nice packaging for gifts, too!

lillianv5
11/8/17

elissar2
10/26/17

Neiman Marcus is a perfect " go to " place on line. Their style of clothes matches mine perfectly. Always very easy to communicate with, if their is a problem,

lilyl28
10/12/17

I don't know why there are so many positive reviews on this website?! It's simply the worst experience I ever had with an online store. I tried to order an item more than five times and all my orders were cancelled without notice... I tried two credit cards and Paypal as well, all were cancelled because they "couldn't verify my billing address". So I reached it out to their customer service and they asked me to send to them a copy of my bank statement to their credit card authorisation department... It bothered me but I did what they ask to prove them there are sufficient funds on my credit card, I sent an email and when I checked back to my account one hour later my order was cancelled!! What a JOKE!! Never ever going to order again from this scam website! I recommend instead to shop on Nordstrom, they have a great customer service and never had a problem with them.

tatianag14
9/12/17

Bad customer service.
As a return customer, I reopened my Neiman cc and placed an order. After a week of waiting, I went on line and discovered that my order got cancelled. The items I wanted to be purchased were no longer available. The order got cancelled without a notification or explanation. I called customer service and was told that the store needed to verify my personal information. We were trying to reach you However, no one called or texted, or e-mailed me.
I am receiving the promo e-mails but, as of today- 2 weeks later, I am have not had a single e-mail: we are trying to reach you
I am on hold with the verification department now for 10 minutes, listening to this awful musicI finally got a voice mail...
I think I am done now. Time to shop elsewhere.

barbaram207
9/1/17

I shopped downtown at Neiman Marcus many times over a 20-year period in my last state. Then we moved to another state...the closest store is nearly three hours away so I have ordered online all the years we've lived here excluding two trips to their store when I knew I needed the items for a trip. Don't understand so many negative reviews because not once have I ever had a problem with them. Sometimes an item might have been delayed a day or two but they were right on it with updates and returns were handled with no problem. Sometimes you do have to wait for exchanges, etc. But have talked to customer service many times and not once was anyone rude. Sometimes your attitude and how you talk to them can set the tone for the outcome. And maybe many of you did experience poor service, bad reps, etc. but it just seems like people love jumping on the negative bandwagon. And I am sorry that sometimes the wrong employees might get hired. But Neiman Marcus is still a good store and my purpose is to say they have always done their job and treated me professional and courtesly and corrected anything that was not right. I just wanted to convey that positive response.

lb102
7/21/17

Received a letter signed by Victoria Castilla (Manager, Customer Care Center) asking for my feedback.
Called Customer Service to clarify the purpose of this letter, and ended up with absolutely HORRIBLE customer experience
The person who answered the phone (didn't state her name) was extremely rude, spoke obnoxiously, and when I asked her to be more specific about the topic we discussed she asked me: "What is your language? What country you were born and raised?". That was totally inappropriate and sound like interrogation.
Lately, when I talked to the supervisor of the customer service, she refused to provide the name of the rude employee and was not polite either.
It is unbelievable that so called high end retailer has so poorly trained customer service.
I've been Neiman Marcus customer for 20+ years and was always pleased by their efficiency and excellent customer service. Well, it is all in the past, the things got changed and not in a good way. This company stoop way too low. I will definitely stop shopping in this store and will share this awful experience with as many people as I could.

tracih18
6/17/17

This is a redundant issue, my 1st concern is that I placed an order for a pair of ban sunglasses, I received them however they fit like they were meant for a child. I sent them back about 4 weeks later I received a pair of sunglasses in the post all broken with a note attached stating we're sorry but we cant take this item back b/c you have used the item. The glasses were destroyed not all the pieces were included. I called and they told me to send them back and they will credit my account once I send them back. Okay its been 2 mths no credit for 85.00.

I recently ordered fathers day gifts and 2 pair of tory loafers. I check the email to see when I would recieve the item and I was unable to access the fedex tracking information. Called customer service and the girl stated that I needed to contact the credit dept however she could not transfer me I would need to hang up and call them. Tried calling no answer.

Thanks for redundantly letting me down as a consumer.

Traci

huldad
6/13/17

I love to shop with them, this is one of this great online stores, i find myself shopping with them all the time, because they are so nice and fast with shipments.

janety14
5/30/17

I ordered a pair of Balenciaga Sandals on line, when I received them it was the wrong color. I took it to a store to exchange it, they didn't have the color I wanted. The attendant in the store was very rude and told me I would have to pay $ 25 to have the sandals reshipped. I refused as it wasn't my fault they didn't get my order right. I am very disappointed and expected better service from Neiman Marcus. Not sure if I'll ever shop there again, the sandals that I wanted is not available and they don't know when it will be back in stock!

saraw68
5/30/17

Die außergewöhnlichen Outlines in der Architekten Kleidung machen Individuen Wild darüber. Es gibt verschiedene Dinge, die Planer Designer Kleidung https://www.aaroneu.com/ zu engagieren. Seien Sie, wie es kann, die grundlegende Komponente, die diese Kleidungsstücke so engagieren, ist die Zugänglichkeit in umfangreichen Vielfalt von Alternativen

robertc330
4/12/17

Poor online service. They can`t answer obvious questions concerning return policy. It`s very important to know that you can return things you buy online because you can not try them in the fitting room. So the associate didn`t give me a certain answer on return policy so that I don`t shop here online

tokyc3
4/9/17

e
Adjunc Professor at Tarrant County College
The location is so difficult confusing. Other thing the hours open is super short they close at 7:00 Other programs .they have like 3 sale associates on floor nobody assistant for helping . The lady was helping to me she was so rude and so disrespectful to me and my kids . It seems like " Human Resource " in Nemans never evaluated their associates saller . They are so disrespectful to customers in this location.

shopa4
4/3/17

Beautiful stylish and great quality fashion clothing. Will buy again and recommend to all my friends and family.

gloriac57
3/30/17

i WENT ON LINE AND ORDERED A PAIR OF SHOES FOR $110. i GAVE MY CREDIT CARD INFORMATION AND THEN WAS TOLD THEY WERE OUT OF STOCK. I NOTICED THEIR WAS A HOLD ON $110 FROM MY BANK. CUSTOMER SERVICE TOLD ME I HAD TO WAIT 5 DAYS AND THEN CALL MY BANK AND ASK THEM TO RELEASE IT. IT WAS THEIR MISTAKE BUT ALL THE HASSLE IS ON MY PART. VERY UNHELPFUL!!!!!!!!!!!! NEED TO REVAMP THEIR SYSTEM TO NOT TAKE YOUR MONEY WHEN THEY NO LONGER HAVE THE PRODUCT. SO NOW I WILL HAVE TO DO WITHOUT MY MONEY UNTIL 5 BUSINESS DAYS ARE UP AND THEN I'LL HAVE TO CALL THE BANK AND GET IT RELEASED. BAH HUMBUG!!!!!

rlongn
3/16/17

After the comments on their Facebook about bad experience with customer service, the management fixed the problem. The major problem in their customer service are:
They don't have any problem solving skills. You want problems to be fixed, and they don't make effort to fix it, just telling you to return your order.

They also don't have basic math skills. That can be related to lack of job training too. No logical thinking either. They can't do simple task like doing price adjustment.

Another problem is they lie to the customers. When I called to double check if they did price adjustment for me. The staff said I can do it for you. I asked "did the staff I talk to earlier do it?" The staff answered " yes, she did it, I will do it for you again." If the staff did it earlier, why you need to do it again. The bunch of lies.

The staff in their customer service are not helping their company to grow. They are their to destroy the company.

aleciaj
1/10/17

I bought bobby pins. These bobby pins are amazing! They hold great and don't fit your head awkwardly. I use them almost everyday. Overall though, these are the best bobby pins out there!

meagane2
12/30/16

I used to shop at Neiman Marcus, not minding that I paid a little extra for class and creativity. I used to love this store until I found out that it sold Dina Mackney jewelry. Dina Mackney and her murdering mob connected father singlehandedly drove her husband Chris Mackney to commit suicide because she left him without contact to their two children and completely penniless. If this is the kind of class that I pay for at Neiman Marcus, I can spend my money elsewhere and not support murderers.

robertb387
12/6/16

I tried to buy a pair of $5000 Roberto Coin gold and diamond earrings. They were advertised on line Sunday Dec 4th in the evening. $5900 less 20%. Tried to order today Dec 6, called the customer service phone number, lady could not do the order since she told me sale ended this morning at 9am. Her supervisor Monique Whitehead could do it but I had to send her a picture of the ad, she could not receive the email because of her spam filter nor could the other representative Melanie Fanning. What a joke they wanted me to prove it was on sale, bad bad bad service for a company selling high end merchandise calling itself Nieman Marcus. John Butler

ninas33
11/29/16

I love NM! They have products no other store has other than Barneys or Fred Siegal here in LA. They have elegant professional sales people willing to go way out of their way for you ! Good job !

winnieg2
11/18/16

She would really rather that I hang up and give up than to solve my problem.

148 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the Neiman Marcus staff and other customers.

Neiman Marcus?