Review of Neiman Marcus

neimanmarcus@customercare.neimanmarcus.com
2018 Customer choice award

briana386
7/9/19

We attempted to have a small birthday day present delivered using the ShopRunner 2 day delivery. After 7 days, the package still did not leave the NM warehouse and customer service had no answers. Shop elsewhere if you want good customer service!

siennab13
7/9/19

I never get the gift card amount I should get. I have to call back and be routed from person to person. No one there cares about customer service.

ushrafh
6/27/19

VERY SLOW RESPONSE IN ALL OF THEIR ACTIONS. THEY TAKE A LONG TIME TO RESPOND FOR RECEIVED ORDERS AND LONGER TO SEND THEM AND IF YOU CANCEL IT WILL BE THE LONGEST

rimah1
5/7/19

I like this idea. Very beautiful. Amazing shoe collection. (Yes, I have to say it again). The latest CL, Manolos, Pierre Hardy, and tons of top name designers. Great sale racks too.

jmf7
4/3/19

I ordered a gown for my son's wedding. The wrong one arrived. Late. Twice. Not even close. I called to insure the right one would be sent on exchange. Both times. No, they didn't have another. No, they wouldn't help track one down. No, no apology. Same scene with living room draperies, if you can believe it. Twice. -The End.

jenniferl551
3/28/19

I purchased a women's pyjama set for my elderly mother $189 AUS. I received a dressing gown of lesser value. I have contact Neiman Marcus via email, using the process they stipulate on all their correspondence, three times over two weeks to organise a return - no response. They have my money. I have an item I didn't order and can't use. What a rip off.

bonniel117
3/19/19

I received a gift and wanted to exchange it for something I could use. I had no gift receipt, but the item is on their website and the sales person said this is exclusive to them. They refused to take it back for store credit. It was unopened in original NM wrapping and all I wanted was a credit. I asked for the store manager, he blamed in on the computer system. I've been in that industry for 35 years, and that can't be. A store manager ALWAYS has a way to handle this if he/she chooses to. The Boca Raton Neiman Marcus manager was rude, and could of cared less. I could receive better and nicer service from Walmart. It was their item, and now it's a donation.

amandag237
3/16/19

I am writing to complain about my experience with Neiman Marcus. I placed an order on 2/28 that was $58.59. When I looked into my account the next day, 3/1, I saw I was charged twice for my order. (I had two indentical charges) I called their customer service line to talk about the issue and they claimed they had no record of a duplicate charge and it was an error on my banks end. I called my bank who then notified me I was not charged twice but three times by Neiman Marcus. They said it was an issue on Neiman Marcus' end but still agreed to refund and cancel the extra two charges for me, with no guarantee Neiman Marcus would not try to charge me again. I called your company again after I hung up with the bank to notify them of this issue and they still continued to claim they had no record of more than one charge. I received my order with no further issues on 3/7. I needed to return the order because it did not fit, I returned the order on 3/8 and was refunded on 3/15 the full amount. As of this morning 3/16 I was recharged the $58.59 AGAIN and due to this received an overdraft and a fee on my bank account. This order was so not worth all of the problems I had to deal with and can say I will never use Neiman Marcus again.

pierrer28
3/11/19

They sell items they have not at all.
Desatrous or inexistent inventory management.
In bad faith.
Look elsewhere.
Really dishonnest and incompetent

kw178
1/28/19

There seems to be a lack of communication between the customer service and the actual warehouse. Had incorrect items delivered to me on several occasions, but problem was eventually rectified. Overall good service.

susans903
1/12/19

Ordered a bottle of Frederic Malle parfum in October. First time I checked on order, in November , I was told the item was back ordered so they had cancelled my order. I asked them to put the order in again and ship as soon as they could.
I finally received the parfum on Jan. 12th. I could have gotten it 2 weeks earlier if they had used a different shipping method.
After having to wait so long for it it's hard to understand why they would use such a slow delivery method to save a dollar.

marcosl21
1/7/19

I buy all my clothes at Neiman Marcus, if you go to the store you buy what you want but online is terrible, they never sent me the right item, is always a problem and they don't honor their word. I wonder who is going to sell some exclusive brands when they close their doors.

luv1
12/3/18

The employees are friendly but the company and its policies sucks!!! You make it so hard to shop with you and if the purchase is not satisfactory you make it so difficult to return it especially with online purchases!!!!!! I hate Neiman Marcus! They're not in tuned with their shoppers, I hope they go bankrupt soon!! Supposedly a high end store but the company's policies and guidelines are meant for low end! This certainly reflects how the management runs the stores. Even their online shopping is very confusing, it takes too long to deliver, and it's almost impossible to return!!

jellyb4
10/12/18

"Once the sale is over the prices are gone and the sale prices can not be matched."

there were some interruptions in the ordering process and I was wondering why didn't I receive a confirmation email. Payment was done through Paypal. I received a confirmation from Paypal for my order but the sales rep cannot do a price match for the promotion i had when i was ordering. ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!

estrellak
10/11/18

Good price.Ordering process was amazing , they're completely amazing and very helpful. Nice packaging.

ericah79
10/5/18

I ordered the Ziip device & gel duo which is well over $500. The shipping department just sent the gel, not the very expensive device. When I called customer service to ask them to send me the device, they said that they couldn't do that and that I would have to send the gel back (a hassle in and of itself). They also said that they would only refund me my money once they got the gel back and then recharge my card for the device. SO INEFFICIENT when all they had to do to solve the issue was ship my missing device. The absolute worst shipping and customer service experience. I told them I just wanted a refund and that I will be taking my business elsewhere.

deannee3
9/3/18

Tried to place an order with a promo code. Between entering the order and entering my credit card number the clock struck 10 pm central time and I got a screen message that the promo had expired. I called customer service and was told that the promo had expired a minute prior and I was out of luck. Are you kidding? The order was in process!!! Neimans and Bergdorfs have lost a customer for good.

ameliei
8/23/18

I ordered a Johnny Was bag @348$. Two days later I received a box from NM thinking my bag had arrived. Inside was a pair of Louboutin Ankle boots $950 in a size 6! Looking at the invoice, my bag was listed as I had ordered, nothing noting these shoes! I telephoned customer service very alarmed I now had merchandise I never ordered and how to return. I contacted CS 4 times. The first time, CS rep said she would issue a Fedex return pu for the following Tuesday. Until then I would not receive my bag nor a refund. The shoes have to come back first. Right there being held hostage for their mistake. I was told if I left them outside on my porch an they were stolen I would hav to pay for them! I said I was not going to say home all day waiting for FedEx! I left the shoes out and came home. Still there. I called customer service at 6pm and was told the shoes were picked up. I said no I am holding the box inside as we speak. The CS Supervisor said they showed pu by FedEx an hour earlier. Aiyiyiyi. I asked twice to have a return label sent to me and I would take it to Fedex personally and get tracking. The CS supervisor said the label would be sent within 24 hours. At 9pm last night I received 2 emails! One declaring a pu by Fedex was schedued today on Thursday. The second cancelling this pickup! STILL NO RETURN LABEL SENT TO ME TO DROP THE SHOES OFF. I reached back out to this Supervisor at CS via email stating I was going to contact NM Corporate and what had transpired. NOT A PEEP! I still have the gd shoes, no bag and 348$ stuck on m credit card for nothing! The boots are now my responsibility they stated. THIS IS ONE OF THE WORST COMPANIES EVER. I have left a message with the head of Customer Service in Dallas Corporate to get this merchandise back! This is absolutely ridiculous and I will never shop here again.

willm93
8/12/18

I placed a simple order for 3 shirts to be picked up at the store. When I arrived only 2 of the 3 shirts were there both of which were not what I had ordered. After some research the employee figured out that, even though it was a single order, the 3rd shirt was sent to another store 75 miles away. In summary I ordered 3 items and NM sent 2 that were wrong and the 3rd to the wrong place for a perfect 0% satisfaction rate. Pathetic!

laurens295
6/30/18

I have to get really mad to posts reviews and neiman Marcus has infuriated me. I purchased an expensive Valentino bag online and then a friend told me that the bag is 60% off at Saks and Barneys and 4 other retail stores. Since I placed the order already I would assume with all the money I spend at neimans and I'm a good customer they would price match because they say they will.
Saks and Barney's and harrods had a couple of bags left. I emailed neiman Marcus the link but by the time almost 2 days later they reviewed it the bags were all sold out. The same exact bag. They are claiming they cNt price match unless its in stock. I would have bought the bag yesterday or the day before somewhere else. They have proof of the bag being 60% off at more then 4 competitor stores. They are selling this bag and tins of other full price. This is disgusting and the fact that they won't price match is horrific since they were in stock when I originally contacted them.
There customer service is horrible no wonder the stores look like they are going to $#*!. Maybe they are going bankrupt. They are ripping off customers left and right. I will NEVER shop here again. I have worked in retail as a manager and this is appalling.

rutht60
6/20/18

Ive been NM customer for decades because they used to have excellent customer service. Now they are unresponsive, uncaring and lack ordinary common courtesy toward their loyal customers, particularly in their SF couture Department. Alice Steinmiller, the Couture Department Manager, never returned my calls. I contacted Shannon Blunden, the Assistant Store Manager, who also didnt return my calls as she promised. The issue is that I need to replace a $27,500 coat I bought at NM, but they no longer carry high-end coats. When I asked for their help finding a similar-priced cost at one of their other stores, they simply ignored me. They dont want my business and their behavior is unprofessional and inexcusable, to say the least.

nataliam33
6/2/18

I made my first and definitely last order at Neiman Marcus. I've had 3 issues with SINGLE order. One of items was out of stock so I had to wait 3 weeks for it. When I finally got email it was going to be shipped after few days it turned out they have cancelled my order all together and that's not it - I was not informed about it. I had to purchase the item again. When I finally received it , it was damaged and customer service offered me exchange which would take another 2 weeks. That is a joke!!!

susant230
5/8/18

I opened an account at NM at 2AM EST and I called to get my credit limit since it is not indicated on credit approval. Nevertheless, the agent states my account was opened the day before but I could still qualify for the 5000 points. I called again to check the status of my order an again was told the points will show. Now its 5 days later still no points. The third agent says I opened the account the previous day at 11:30 pm and the points cant be added but a request will be submitted to the marketing team. Its a bunch of BS and false advertising. Make sure youre in the right time zone when you apply for these marketing schemes. I wont be spending anymore money with NM and may return my purchase. Thanks for this useless card NM!

debral95
3/26/18

My aunt from Dallas sent my daughter here in Colorado an outfit from Neiman Marcus for her birthday. The outfit consisted of a dress and shoes, the dress was too big and my daughter didn't care for the shoes. We go to Neiman Marcus at Cherry Creek Mall to try and return these items, we also have online receipts for the items. First point of concern was the first person that helped us was basically unable to speak English. I'm all for diversity, but if you're unable to communicate, that's a problem. It took over 30 minutes to exchange the items for gift cards, as this was all we were eligible to get even though we had receipts. The manager that ended up helping us needed all my aunts information, then I was informed it didn't look like my aunt purchased the items online. I explained that my aunt, yes in fact, purchased the items and has been a long time customer of Neiman Marcus. Then they proceeded to request all my information, my address, my phone number, I mean really, why do they need this, again we had receipts. Finally, we were issued gift cards, they couldn't give us one gift card, it had to be two, because one item was a dress and the other item shoes. This was all just ridiculous. If my aunt didn't purchase the item at Neiman's, I would probably never go to this department store. After all this, my daughter picked up one a t-shirt that was over $250.00 dollars. I don't really know any average income people that can spend that kind of $$ on a t-shirt. The store was basically empty, just employees walking around, and I understand why. My daughter did end up applying her money toward a beautiful prom dress and I made up the difference, but again I would never choose to shop there.

charliew56
3/19/18

Incredible selection of shoes and handbags. I usually shop online since my dear husband dislikes shopping.

148 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Customer Service at NM is lousy. They lie about delivery times even when you pay to upgrade it.

By Brian A.

Questions? Get answers from the Neiman Marcus staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Neiman Marcus