Review of ASOS

Tel: +44 20 7483 1888
marketing@asos.com

sierraw8
2/19/18

I was extremely skeptical about ordering from asos after reading all of the negative reviews, but I was surprised with how satisfied I was with my order. I ordered about $150 worth of clothes (jean skirt, suede boots, body suit, and two shirts!) which qualified me for 2 day express shipping. I wasn't courting on getting my package on time after reading the reviews, but sure enough two days later I came home and saw the package sitting outside my front door. The clothes were of good quality, the only reason why I didn't give 5 stars is because the sizing was a little confusing (im not familiar with European sizes). I would definitely recommend spending a little more to get the express shipping.

vm58
2/9/18

I spent a lot of money on an order. The DPD tracker shows it was signed over to someone else at a completely different address and name?? They didnt follow up with DPD, they didnt follow up with me to update me on anything, I had to keep using that ridiculous and pointless chat service. No help. No response. No items received. No refund. LOST over $300. Idiots.

fionas27
2/9/18

My delivery was stolen in the reception of my apartment building despite the delivery service not ringing my doorbell and me being home the whole day. Livid. Contacted both the carrier service (that Asos hires) and Asos.

Asos told me that they will look into it within 48 hours! Really that long! Not only that, but I bought these items for a vacation I was leaving for in three days. A long drawn out refund was not going to do me any favors.
When a business messes up, you expect them to not only fix the problem, but also give you "a hand shake" a note of good will saying that you should continue to use the company. I didn't like the customer service. Very apologetic but not helpful or understanding.

paulaa51
2/9/18

I am satisfied with the service. I've ordered twice here and everything was Ok. I am sorry, guys most of you had the bad experience here :( I'm shocked

willc60
2/7/18

Bought some tees and shorts from ASOS for a summer holiday.

Top service, only gripe is that the sizing was a little snug.

laurag189
2/5/18

Very very bad customer service. I bought alot of products, and one was missing. When i decided to go and talk with them on chat, they were telling me that my order in not conected with the email i used on creating the asos account. I also proved with print screens that the order confirmation was send on the specific email they said they can\t find. the bigger problem is that they are closing immediately the chat, therefore you are not able annymore to continue the discussion, so you have to take it all over again by starting a new chat and explaining 100 times same things. After 2 hours waisted my conclusion is, once you have something missing, you money are missing to. Good bye order good bye products

sheilaw58
2/3/18

I was hoping to find a legit clothing site, but all I found was another scam site with same mental attitude, but way more expensive. WOW, how do they get away with it. We should all start an on line shopping site offering "JUNK" and no return policy. We'd all be rich...LOL

lamia13
2/2/18

Very bad experience. Made an order 305769340 on 2nd January 2018. Yet to receive it and they are not offering to help. Telling me to sort it out myself. This will definitely be the last time I will be using them. They don't even deserve a 1 rating.

katrinat18
2/1/18

i ordered almost 100 bucks worth of skincare items. they sent me a 10.00 wool beret instead with no return label or receipt. i am not required to send this back to get a refund for items i did not receive, but they said I would have to in order to get a refund. there was no return label so i would have to go pay to print one and then ship it, which as a customer is not something i feel i should have to do. I should not be the one jumping over hoops to correct their mistake. I notified them i would be filing a fraud report with my bank and the federal Trade C. and the rep responded with ''no worries'' and ended our chat. please don't order from them. you will be scammed. After reading other reviews on this site its clear i am not the only one this happened to.

shirlym1
2/1/18

Their service for me is pretty convenient and fast. The product that was delivered on the exact date and the product ordered is quality and same as shown in the picture. Thanks again guys.

oliviam75
1/30/18

Horrible service! Ordered an item over a month ago. The item was supposed to be here by January 29th. I thought I ordered this well in advance for an event 2 weeks from now (so a month and a half in total) and I emailed to find out where the item is. The item was sent without a tracking number and they fail to tell me what company they sent it with. There is no update on where the item is and when I email they just tell me to check with my local postal service. I went to canada post and they said they have nothing under my address and there isnt much else they can check without a tracking number. I have no way to figure out where this item is and when I email back and forth with ASOS , they simply blame my "local postal service" even though they can't even tell me what courier they sent it with and then follow to tell me to wait until February 15th and then to email them again if it does not arrive. That date is past the event so now I'm stuck buying a new outfit even though the item MAY come or may never come who knows. This is a complete joke of a company , DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY IF YOU NEED ANYTHING WITHIN 2 MONTHS OF ORDERING THE ITEM. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. 0 OUT OF 10 if I could possibly rate that.

cathyr61
1/30/18

ASOS does not follow their return policy, filing a claim with the Federal Trade Commission. You should do the same, they can't keep stealing from consumers. Look up Federal Trade Commission on line its easy

rossd30
1/28/18

I spent a frustrating 50 minutes trying to place an order with ASOS on line. They would not place my order until I agreed to register as a continuing customer. I tried very hard to just place a single order. I got caught in a loop with the order process. Screw this "$#*!." They are just not worth the effort. ASOS needs to trouble shoot their order process and make it user friendly. I cancelled my order; so should you.

garethl3
1/23/18

I can't believe how fast they deliver. next day most orders. And it's cheap. I like the sales a lot too. Seems like a great company to work with

elizabeth
1/22/18
• Updated review

Not sure what's happened lately, but the quality of pieces from ASOS has definitely decreased. I've bought dresses around $40-$70 and they haven't been worth the price paid at all. Their returns policy is still great, but I have to utilize it frequently because the quality is subpar for the prices.

“Great experience”
1/22/18
• Previous review

Perhaps this is a regional thing, but I've never had any problems with ASOS. I live in the United States and generally receive my orders in ~10 days. Because sizing between brands can vary, I have returned items that didn't fit. Generally, I receive a refund within 7-10 days of dropping the items in the mail.

I highly recommend this site because of its pricing and generous return policy.

islas2
1/18/18

Amazing company always have whatever you need! I am almost 14 and I find that these clothes are super cute!! They arrive in a reasonable time with free shipping! Everything here is my style and I am so happy to have found this amazing company!! Quality is good and so is the price!

theresem13
1/16/18

This is hands down the most frustrating experience that I have had dealing with a customer service team. I made an order using my personal Mastercard, which shortly after I closed and started using a different account joined with my husband. I contacted ASOS after making a return to let them know if the new card details. I had to jump through minor hoops like showing that the first account was actually closed, which was expected. We are now here over 1 month later and still no refund!! There is no way to get anyone on the phone and everytime an email is answered it is by a different person who obviously has no clue was they are talking about. Someone claims to have called me but no missed call or voicemail - bit suspicious! They are fighting me tooth and nail, claiming that I have already received the refund and asking for more and more evidence when I have provided them copies of bank statements three times already.

Best part is they have even addressed me as an incorrect name in an email! They called me the name of one of their colleagues, twice....so the care factor is obviously minimal and they are holding my money hostage. Don't even both ordering from here because you always end up making a return due to poor quality and as I've learned you aren't very likely to get your actual money back!

patricias245
1/16/18

They suck. No one answers the messages. I have a next day delivery with them which I paid for and also a confirmation from them that my package will arrive on the 17.01.18 between 07.00& 22.00 only to receive tracking info from Hermes that my package will infect arrive on the 18th apparently ASOS has changed their delivery service from UPS who delivered my packages promptly on time, religiously. Hermes charges 20c landline and up to 60c mobile to talk to and not helpful at all but of course they dont mind keeping you online. ASOS wont answer my emails, chat requests or messenger messages. Very unprofessional. Its 03.15 and Im still waiting for a response as I need to fly with the parcel tonight.
I of course have had prior problems wich always need far too many hours communication before anything can be done if at all.

matto25

TERRIBLE customer service...

in their mind, service = online-only chat where they repeat canned responses about how they cant help you until you give up.

asked for a phone number (they don't have one) or for them to call me and they said it could take up to 11 DAYS!

worst ever.

bryans92
1/12/18

Their product is are durable and of high quality. I have leather shoes bought from them and I am loving its style and high quality materials used.

maxl44
1/11/18

For me all was great. Never miss an order or something.
one star down due an issue once with a faulty item.

jessicam337
1/4/18

this place is amazing to shop! they have sooooo many choices, they are endless! They sell amazing brands for good prices and they ship everywhere. the shipping is not too pricey at all and its fast and effecent and they have great customer service! Their prices range from high to low but I guess it depends on the person. If you like high end expensive brands then I expect the price to be on the higher side, but if you love finding very very cute items for good prices.. expect that too :)

ss185
1/3/18

Horrible company. They never sent me my birthday code and after about 20 mesages back and foth they told me to wait 2 weeks after my birthday to 'wait and see' if they bother to send code or not. This was after promising over a 3 day preiod repeatedly that they would deal with the issue and get me a code. On the day before my birthday they had still not sent me a code despite promisng they would and ignored all my messages until it was too late. They were unfriendly and unappreciative of my repeated custom so I will shop elsewhere in future. Don't count on buying your birthday wardrobe from them because they don't care about your birthday anymore and obviously arent interested in maintaining customer loyalty. I have spent tens of thousands of pounds with them oveer the years but they'll get no more custom from me and I will be warning others to stay away.

yasmineh2
1/1/18

After waiting for 2 month for my order with their slow replies and unsure replies they said they will send a new parcel telling me it will cost more due to customs then i was following up 10 days later they replied after boxing week saying they ran out of the staff i bought and they refunded me and money will be there in 5-10 days without my consent or anything This is very disappointing and disrespectful of them and they didn't care about their customer satisfaction nor there was any compensation for the time wasted

louz4
12/31/17

I originally loved the fashion forward designs available through this retailer as the USA is always a bit behind Europe. It's also a convenient and easy-to-use service, providing fast shipping and hassle-free returns. However, after years of doing my best to ignore the compromise in quality for the above, I can no longer spend my money on CHEAP, ill-fitting garments that are overpriced. This is the kind of place that will sell you a top for $50 that loses it's shape during the first hour of wear. Their clothes are made from the cheapest fabrics and they are always thin and often times see-through. I have so much stuff in my closet that I have retired after one use, one wash, etc. I'm no longer compromising quality for design but rather the other way around. I never shopped at cheap places like FOREVER 21 and the like but I might as well have been since their quality seems superior than that of ASOS merchandise.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Never had an issue and i've been ordering from them for the past 5 years. I also live in New York. I get my packages in a timely manner. I've placed rush delivery, got orders on time. The same with standard. Even my returns have been simple. Never had an issue with Asos.

By Ms S. [ASOS Rep]

Doubt it, I don't think they sell any knock off's. Depending on the print you got, some of them don't have stripes. Hope that helps.

By Daria d. [ASOS Rep]

Look, as I wrote here I shopped with them many times and I was never disappointed. I don't know where you buy from, but I live in Italy and it doesn't take more than 4-5 working days for them to deliver the package. If you're concerned about the quality, well, it's not really top-notch, but considering the price it's really good (you can't expect Max Mara quality from a shirt you paid 20 euros). As for the fit be careful because those are UK sizes and they are definitely NOT vanity sizing! Meaning: when you read "model pictured wears UK 8" you may think "they're lying, she's clearly a 6" but they're actually not in most cases. I have a body similar to that of most of their models, I ordered size 6 twice and it was a tiny bit small. So size accordingly. All in all I trust them and I like their product. Perfect low-cost site to shop from online.

By Maddalena R. [ASOS Rep]

It depends on where you live I guess? I live in Iowa and most of the times it says it ships from New Jersey. The longest time it ever took to ship to me was 7 days but I've received it in 4 before

By marissa h. [ASOS Rep]

I've honestly never had any problems with this company. Like, I order, it ships quickly, I get my goods, if I don't like it, I ship it back with their free returns and I get my money back. The only dirty thing they do is price gauging. Like, go on the UK site and jot down an items price and then switch to the US site (My country, as an example) and do the math on the GBP to USD exchange rate and then compare the two site prices and BOOM: the US site is always more expensive than the UK site. I always buy things from the UK site now

By Lizzie L. [ASOS Rep]

0843 459 7278

By Assad Y. [ASOS Rep]

How about boots?

By Ieva E. [ASOS Rep]

Ditto with P S.'s answer

By Audrey Y. [ASOS Rep]

No import taxes and yes the shoes were cute and well made.

By D R. [ASOS Rep]

By Lizzie L. [ASOS Rep]
Questions? Get answers from the ASOS staff and other customers.

13 Photos for ASOS