Review of ASOS

Tel: +44 20 7483 1888
marketing@asos.com

annac162
12/11/17

I've been a customer of ASOS for many years, and loved getting different things to wear. I would have been a loyal customer for many years to come, but sadly they're going downhill fast, and I won't be using them again. Deliveries either don't come next day as you've paid for, or go to random addresses! Customer services, when they eventually reply to queries or complaints just pay lip service and send out pre written responses. I'm fed up with being inconvenienced, emailing them to no avail, and even when I told them id never use them again, I was given instructions on how to return a parcel (huh? I've been returning parcels for years!!) and presented with a bye then email. I would have hoped they'd try to retain customers, but they just don't care, so I leave them frustrated, annoyed and disappointed. My advice - just don't bother with them - your parcels will arrive late or not at all, and don't expect customer services to treat you like a valued customer when you complain.

jordanb103
12/11/17

Asos used to be my go to site for so many different things. Been a loyal customer for going on 10 years and everything was always great, but after the last order Ill be seriously reconsidering especially after the complete fudge from customer service with excuses.
I ordered something, paid, then got the dispatch email the night before and then the delivery details on the morning of the delivery to only then getting a refund email for one of the items as it was out of stock!!?? How can an item thats been picked and ordered be out of stock?
As i picked my delivery date to be the weekend instead of next day (tuesday) i seriously believe that they just picked it for someone else who ordered after me and left me high and dry to try and find something else for an xmas present for my girlfriend after all of the same items elsewhere are now out of stock because I wasnt notified in time!!!

ryank69
12/7/17

Sadly, the customer service has taken a nose dive. I ordered 2 items at 11am with a 10% off student voucher code. 3 hours later they released a 15% off coupon code. I waited to speak to someone in customer service for almost 15 mins before someone could tell me that adjusting the price and honoring the extra 5% and adjusting my price was against company policy. Surprising and shocking.

theniae
12/5/17

The best ever!!! i've been ordering from asos for ages and it has never disappointed me. Even if i do not like sth I just send it back..and the returns policy makes all the difference <3

valeriar6

Great customer disservice!
They have messed up my orders sending something I have cancelled and cancelling the actual order for a tech failure. After that they told me they couldn't stop the order because it was already processed (this was a lie since they sent an email 5 days later saying one of the items was unavailable). So they took my payment for an order I didn't want and they didn't block the order from leaving the warehouse in 7 days!
Then they told me to send the order I didn't want back to the them and since this was not my fault I could send them a proof a postage to have issued the refund asap. Obviously nothing of this happened. I still didn't get my money back despite sending an order in first instance wasn't supposed to leave the warehouse back with proofs of postage. It's worth to add that in all this process I have been ping ponged from a customer service to the other, staying hours waiting for chats or their calls. also funny, if you have been put in the call queue through the chat and you contact them again through chat to ask why they didn't call you they will automatically kick you out from the call queue and the queue is said to be up to 24h. When I have spoken with them, everyone was saying different things and the girl at the phone was very rude. after they have started ignoring me and they replied to my messages just when posting publicly on FB. So what to say more? I have shopped asos a few times and Variety of items is good but the management of this company is awful, personally I have an order supposed to arrive today not with me and around £100 in their hostage...I would recommend to buy your stuff somewhere else.

alexh188
12/5/17

I will never order from the UK ever again. I'd get better service from China. Why on earth ASOS would use UPS i-parcel as one of their carriers? If neither of them has no idea how to do their job properly? My phone case was $19...pricy right?! but I thought "hey its ASOS I heard of this site before long ago and they are pretty good" but NOPE.

The shipping process is a goddamn nightmare. My item was supposed to come yesterday and I didn't received it. They said they will give me a replacement next week and if not I want a refund back. I hope they don't screw me over again with the replacement or refund.

Man I never knew ASOS were frauds. I never even bothered to read the reviews. I'm also staying far away from UK sellers from now on and before I order from a site that appears trustworthy I'll need to read the reviews. Btw I'm convinced that all positive reviews here are fake!

nurula10
12/3/17

I used to religiously buy from ASOS whenever payday arrives but their store has really gone downhill. The products are marked up really high (for the outsider brands) compared to boutique prices. It's always a hit and miss for me for the clothes because some of the products do not reflect the images online. I've gotten my orders mixed up twice with them but thank god for free returns. Also sometimes, they gave me the wrong tracking number and I have to call my local post office to get the right tracking number. All in all, I wouldn't shop with them again. Their customer service, free shipping and returns are okay but it doesn't make up for the overly inflated prices and all the hassle.

karolinas8
12/3/17

Recently I've bought an advent calendar, it came very quickly (I live abroad) though a shipping price was quite low. Unfortunately, it came with no numbers on a few doors, I wrote to ASOS and on the same day I was informed that I was refunded. I received my money on the next day and I don't have to return it. Really really recommend!

sparklesm
11/28/17

Ive already spent about 3 hours trying to get this website to work!! Im still not sure I placed an order. I fought with the site to create an account. And this super buggy site had me delete tabs on my iOS I had been holding for my work for months!!! I hate this company!!!!!!

erinv18
11/27/17

My order never arrived. Every time I contact ASOS customer services they ask that I wait a bit longer for the parcel to arrive before contacting them again. Its been over 5 weeks since my order was placed and I have had no help or recourse

toms383
11/25/17

I love the clothes on there but it will not let me check out. It keeps telling me to put in my phone number and I have tried several times now.

kathyy6
11/24/17

Bad experience ever,they wasted my money and my time i wish i had read the reviews before ordering.i ordered adidas shoes for women and got the size for men after i spoke with rude customer service and explain my case he kept saying his automated message and get disconnected.will never deal with them in the future

djdndhd
11/21/17

I bought some shoes from that site and i paid everything they were asking for and then the shoes came in and had to pay an extra $40 for shipping and handling etc and a bunch of other random trash but they shouldve just charged me upfront. Never buying from there again

madeliner8
11/20/17

I was buying a suit for my boyfriend for race day and I need it for the 10 November, before making my purchase I contacted ASOS to confirm that it would come in time for the event before paying for it, they told me it would be there before or on the 9 November. So I made the purchase, its was a day later and I never received a email to confirm that it been shipped so I contact them again ASOS told me it would arrive on time. It was the 9 November and it never came I contacted ASOS at 4pm and asked them where was my parcel they told me it would be delivered that day between 4 and 10pm at night and of course it never came. It was the 10 November and still no suit my boyfriend had nothing to wear for Raceday and had completely ruined the whole event. When I contacted ASOS AGAIN they told me it wasnt coming till the 16 November??? A whole week later but told me the day before that it would arrive on time, I asked for refund they refused until I got the parcel but I decided if the suit fit that I would still keep it. Well I never even got the parcel the only that turned up was the tie i was missing the suit jacket, vest and pants and when I contact ASOS about the missing items on the 18 November they sent me other tie after clearly stating that I ONLY RECEIVED A TIE and was still missing the other items. They sent me another email saying they were sending a replacement straight away and I would receive the suit soon. But then got I email from PayPal saying they refund the suit jacket, pants and vest, but not the tie i was confused. Anyway the next day they emailed me to tell me they were out of stock so they were giving me a refund that I asked for weeks ago. I went through all this stress for nothing hands down the worst experience ever, I thought I was doing the right contacting ASOS to make sure I would get my order they promised be not once but 4 times but clearly I was wrong they just lied and told me what I wanted to hear so they didnt have to deal with it. I will never buy anything from this company again and if you are expecting to receive the items you paid for then you will not purchase from this company too.

katherinew41
11/18/17

Having ordered from Asos a few times before I believed them to be reliable so ordered a jacket from them. Unusually there was no tracking detail provided just a delivery date of 15th Nov. I didn't worry about it too much as delivery previously has been great.
15th November arrived....no jacket. Contacted customer services who have informed me that the item is coming by normal mail and I need to wait to 3rd Dec. Am fuming as this now means I have to spend time and money trying g to find an alternative and to make it worse, won't even be in the country when delivery is now due to arrive. Never again will I shop with Asos

bp65
11/14/17

I wished I had read the reviews before I placed my order. My package never came, I contacted them when they missed the first delivery date and they repeatedly told me that it was fine and to just wait. Over a week later, after I contacted the post office and found out it was in fact missing, ASOS customer service admitted that they had received the package back to their facility and I would not be able to ever receive it. On top of that, I had to wait another 10 days for it to be transferred to God knows where and then another day after that to receive a refund. STAY AWAY.

rubyg23
11/11/17

I order a lot of things together, as it showed free delivery, but after a day i placed the order I get an email asking me to pay the customs which was almost 40% of what I paid. I still wanted the clothes so I paid, they promised that I will receive the order on EDD that was mentioned. But I did not receive the order. Every time i contacted them, like robots they kept telling me that you will receive your product by EOD. And then finally today when i contacted them, they say that I have to wait for 4 more days. Had ordered for my birthday, now i have to figure out something else, as my plans of wearing the dress i ordered is gone. Worst part is DTDC only called me to submit the KYC more than a week ago, since then neither their phone number works, nor there has been any response from their end. And if I contact ASOS they are just useless... Not going to buy again. NEVER EVER

leeh112
11/9/17

Ordered over $250 worth of merchandise. Had a coupon for $70 off. Received my order a few days later. I returned two items which were valued on my return slip at $90. Returned. Waited several weeks. I was refunded $18. Apparently, if you use a coupon, that coupon is applied back to your refund, and you receive the difference. The $75 jeans I ordered felt a little off and not quite the quality and fit I wanted. Had I known they would now only have been worth $9, I guess I would have kept them. When I questioned customer service, they said there was nothing they could do that that the terms and conditions in the banner of their website were clear, and that they offer no merchandise credit, etc. Will not order here again.

hannahd33
11/4/17

HORRIBLE!!!! NEVER order from them. their customer service is the worst and they will never send stuff or forget to send it and u have to contact them on your own or they will take your money. worst clothing store ever. would give them 0 stars if i could

nikkik21
11/3/17

I paid $15 extra for expedite shipping on Nov 3rd, 2017 for $376 valued products
1. I got charged for $116 for custom/tax = 30% tax/custom

2. Their photos are misleading!
In photos, they showed the skirt and top as a set, but only the skirt came... Don't show both products when it is not included. now I got charged with custom so much, I don't want to order just tops

3. Returning
Returning is a hassle - again, I just got charged with custom/tax so much.. When I asked the customer service on chat, she wasnt helpful. Just went over the instructions..
No information about the returning the product

I AM SO NOT HAPPY!

biancak1
11/2/17

I shop from Asos for 7 years now and never had any problem with them. The clothes are of very good quality, the shipping is excellent, the customer service is adequate and I love the free return policy. I hope they keep performing this way.

angryc52
10/30/17

Worst experience ever - I placed my order and got deducted 200 EUR from my account on October 5th, and it took 3 days to process my order and delivery did not even happen due to incompetent delivery service man who declared my address unknown because he had no frigging EYES to check my house number which is clearly written on my door!!! Customer "Service" is a robot repeating themselves 4 times and not reading my messages. I was promised to have my money back max 5-10 days after my return which was confirmed on Oct 19, it is Oct 30 and I have NO PRODUCT AND NO MONEY.

lunav1
10/23/17

I have been ordering at asos for years now, i never had a problem with asos. The last month 3 of my orders went wrong. I received it late, i received my order never or i got the wrong item. When i contaced asos they didnt do enough to fix the problem, they acted like they did everything they could but they didnt by saying that thats al they could do when it was not. I said that i would leave a bad review and they didnt even care.

maximed9
10/18/17

I ordered Fila disruptor low white shoes three times and one of those orders was placed by custom care (custom care is an whole other story I could write about as well, my god) and also that order was the wrong size. I just do not understand one bit of how the .... this could happen. It's just absurd that asos has people working for them who can not even send the right size. I will never ever buy anything from asos ever again. I have never experienced anything like this before in my life.

milenah2
10/14/17

never had any problems. Ordered at least 10 times there and I was always super comfortable with the clothing! Received within 10 days and stuff looks as good as in person. Looking forward to ordering a lot more there.
FULLY CONVINCED !

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Never had an issue and i've been ordering from them for the past 5 years. I also live in New York. I get my packages in a timely manner. I've placed rush delivery, got orders on time. The same with standard. Even my returns have been simple. Never had an issue with Asos.

By Ms S.

Doubt it, I don't think they sell any knock off's. Depending on the print you got, some of them don't have stripes. Hope that helps.

By Daria d.

Look, as I wrote here I shopped with them many times and I was never disappointed. I don't know where you buy from, but I live in Italy and it doesn't take more than 4-5 working days for them to deliver the package. If you're concerned about the quality, well, it's not really top-notch, but considering the price it's really good (you can't expect Max Mara quality from a shirt you paid 20 euros). As for the fit be careful because those are UK sizes and they are definitely NOT vanity sizing! Meaning: when you read "model pictured wears UK 8" you may think "they're lying, she's clearly a 6" but they're actually not in most cases. I have a body similar to that of most of their models, I ordered size 6 twice and it was a tiny bit small. So size accordingly. All in all I trust them and I like their product. Perfect low-cost site to shop from online.

By Maddalena R.

It depends on where you live I guess? I live in Iowa and most of the times it says it ships from New Jersey. The longest time it ever took to ship to me was 7 days but I've received it in 4 before

By marissa h.

I've honestly never had any problems with this company. Like, I order, it ships quickly, I get my goods, if I don't like it, I ship it back with their free returns and I get my money back. The only dirty thing they do is price gauging. Like, go on the UK site and jot down an items price and then switch to the US site (My country, as an example) and do the math on the GBP to USD exchange rate and then compare the two site prices and BOOM: the US site is always more expensive than the UK site. I always buy things from the UK site now

By Lizzie L.

No import taxes and yes the shoes were cute and well made.

By D R.

By Lizzie L.
Questions? Get answers from the ASOS staff and other customers.

12 Photos for ASOS