Review of ASOS

Hemel Hempstead, HP2 4NW, GB
Tel: +44 20 7483 1888

scottb755
7/17/19

Send me wrong stuff and does not compensate it. I got worse quality clothes sent and they did not compensate it att all. Cannot recommmend this site

minb4
7/16/19

Order 419364132. A ring which was purchased for £11 pounds which I have received a few days later. I get contacted by support and they indicate that there was a problem with my order and that they had refunded the money because the ring was not shipped. I write back, (I'm a customer for several years with a history of much more expensive orders) indicating that I did receive the ring and that I authorize them to debit me again. Result? A customer representative writes to me indicating I have to send the ring back!!!!! I write back indicating that I'm not willing to do that for several reasons (time, principles, and no reason to pay for their mistake) and that I will be awaiting for indications to pay and today I get the next customer representative indicating that, despite the reasons I have indicated I need to send the ring back. I have now answered that the ring is no longer in my hands and to indicate how to pay. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE it used to be a good service now it is not anymore.

herberj
7/16/19

Wow!! I wish i came here to look at the reviews before i decided tu make a purchase with this horrible company, i order two very important item that i needed it for my best friend wedding, i never received them so i got in contact with them and apparently they just lost my package, but they wouldn't admit!! And customer service is horrible!! They dont even have a supervisor and also they dont want to send you another order or give you your money back, just straight steal you money, places like this one dont have to be open, people need to stop buying from this company if you reading this please take a second and read the others reviews!!! And save yourself a headache and take your business somewhere else...

luisc180
7/5/19

You can find a lot of different products here for men and women, but what I like most is the super easy return of items, and the fact that it's free. This is amazing and every online business should take it into consideration.

jerryw205
7/3/19

My goodness, I met a group of EU liar, the customer service did not provide the delivery certificate, did not receive any goods for more than 40 days, send an email to them, every time is a reason, do not give me a refund, terrible British liar!

mikef420
7/3/19

Been twice the a order a medium shirt and received small one and order 8 US size shoes but received 5 US size shoes

lauraw358
7/2/19

I ordered a pair of shoes and was sent a dirty, worn pair. Absolutely disgusting and no help from the online chat service. Disappointed!

anaj45
7/2/19

Today I made a purchase with a promo code. Immediately after the purchase completed I noticed it was shipping standard and not express as I had indicated. I engaged chat, which is the only option available b/c unlike the thousands of other online shopping services, they don't have a phone #. Okay. So, the first customer rep said I need to wait an hour b/c my order was "not in the system", and then chat back. I did so. The second rep I spoke to was so rude and robotic and just keep quoting policy without any concern, saying I "missed the cancellation period." What?! I only missed it b/c of what I was told earlier. Then she started blaming me for entering the promo, but not "claiming it properly", and hung up on me mid-chat. I spoke with 3 customer service reps, and only the third was helpful, but by that time it was too late to do anything. This seriously can not be how ASOS treats customers. They couldn't even handle the most basic inquiry. There was literally nothing that could be accomplished. I have no clue why they even have a customer service system. You can't speak with a live person. You can't CHANGE ANYTHING, and the only thing they can do is cancel your order, oh, but only in the first 5min to an hour! ...great selection on ASOS, but worst customer service ever. Be careful before you purchase anything, you will get no assistance what-so-ever.

zachs64
7/1/19

Dear ASOS,

I am writing this hoping that someone will see it and be able to help me as I find myself in the worst experience I have ever had with an online store.

I placed an order with ASOS on Monday March 19th and received it not long after that. After trying the different items within this order I decided to return some things.
When I went to return this order I had realised that the card I used to buy these items was stolen from me. Because that card was stolen from me I closed the bank account associated with that card. That bank account was closed on April 3rd. I notified your customer service team about this before returning these items and you assured me that it would not be an issue and that you would help me obtain my refund. Once the refund was "processed" you had informed me that the bank account that I had closed accepted the refund and that I needed to get in contact with that bank in order to receive my refund. I went into the bank and told them what you had said and they told me that my bank account was indeed closed and that it was impossible for any funds to have gone into it. They double checked and confirmed that there was no refund. I replied back and told you this, you told me to go back to the bank and have them right a personal letter stating that my bank account was closed (this after I already gave you my closing bank statement). I went back to the bank and explained to them what you requested of me. They explained that they never do this and that I should only need a closing bank statement. After much discussion they finally gave me a personal letter stating that my bank account was indeed closed on April 3rd. I gave you this letter and you agreed to do a "one off" to refund me to my current bank account.

Fast forward to now. I decided to make a second return on that same order on April 26th. I wanted to avoid any sort of confusion & frustration on this second return as it was purchased on the same stolen card/bank account. To be safe I got in contact with your customer care team and asked them to help make sure that the refund didn't go to that old card (which i deleted off my account because you said it would solve issues). You promised me that if there were any issues that you would help me get my refund to my current bank account.

Sure enough, the same thing happened the second time as did the first. You replied to me saying that my old bank account had accepted my refund. Frustrated at this point I contacted you again and explained that this bank account was closed and it had been closed since April 3rd. Since that contact with you I have had 24 back and forth emails, 15 online chat sessions, DM's to your social media accounts, 2 calls from your team telling me to go back into the bank, gone back and forth to and from the bank having them write multiple letters telling you that they don't have my refund money and I am so far beyond frustrated. You constantly tell me to do something to prove that they don't have the money, then I do that and you still tell me that there is nothing you can do.

The simple reality is that I don't have my refund and you have made me go through so many loops over these last couple of months to try and obtain it. I have done everything that you have requested and it still isnt enough for you to give me my proper refund. WHEN WILL YOU GIVE ME MY REFUND? Please have someone who has common sense look at my case and organise my refund. I have tried to be nice but after months of this and over 50 forms of communication I am at the end of my rope.

I am severely disappointed in the way I have been treated and I am sure I am not the only one.

tm255
6/27/19

Having shopped with ASOS since it first began operating I am shocked at their rapid decline both in terms of customer service and delivery service.
After today's debacle I will never shop with them again. Once again next day delivery, for which I paid the annual premium, didn't happen and I was told to wait until 2nd July! What a joke. And I'm not allowed to cancel it because the item is with the courier. By the time it arrives I will be away on holiday!
Customer service via live chat is none existant to the point of rudeness.
It's worth noting that Hermes is their courier of choice ...

petarm3
6/25/19

Had an issue with shipping, didn't resolve anything with customer support.
Never had a worse experience.

ellens188
6/21/19

Asos clothes are so cute, but their customer service is awful- no phone number provided for customer service so you could actually talk with a real person- just online chat. I paid additional fees for two day delivery. I was given confirmation in writing when they were to arrive. Instead, they were delivered 3 days after the promised date. When I expressed my confusion as to why the items were not arriving in two days since the service being used was fed ex, ASos said it was ouf of their control and to call fed ex. Fed ex told me that Asos has a deal with them where they use a combination of the US Postal Service and fed ex and that's why the items are not delivered in two days Asos is the one who is at fault here They promise their customers 2 day delivery ( and charge extra) when in fact that does not happen. Bottom line it's deceitful and false advertising. Feel free to order from them, but don't pay for expedited delivery. Not worth it! If you don't need the clothes asap it shouldn't be a problem. Otherwise, if you need something asap, DO NOT order from Asos.

andyk116
6/19/19

Ordered 135$worth of items which had to come in a month after the original order date(which is already more than a lot) and my order never showed up told me to wait another two weeks. I talked with customer services more than 5 times on different days and they never helped me. Worst customer and delivery services i have ever seen.

hughd29
6/16/19

My Premium delivery ran out and I wasn't made aware of that. Just made a £230 order and had to pay £5;95 for next day delivery. I got in touch with CC to cancel my order because I wanted to purchase Premium delivery and re book my order with no delivery fees. I wasn't able to cancel my order and was told I had to pay the delivery fees even if I wanted to purchase the Premium delivery. Spent 35 min on chat with CC to be told nothing could be done and no credit could be provided...... felt really stuck in the process and very disappointed by the experience with CC.

ibiyep
6/13/19

I like the fact that they ship to Nigeria my country and you get different brands to shop from. I got all my best clothes from Asos!

cristyf7
6/13/19

I placed an order more than a month ago and aid for expedited delivery. Not only I did not receive it but they say they did the delivery in a very weird address that does not even exist however, with the "wrong delivery" information they were able to process my credit card. Really? They don't even want to send me my purchase after all the back and forth or return my money. :((( Will never buy from here again.

saral181
6/12/19

I just purchased a dress three weeks ago and it took them almost 2 weeks to ship and deliver it. When I got the dress it smelled like someone had worn it for a while and then returned it. I immediately shipped it back but was only given a partial refund. I contacted customer service through an online chat to tell them about what had happened but was asked if I had taken any pictures. I don't know how you would be able to take pictures of that lol. The person I talked to regarding this was Janine and not only did the process take 24 minutes (she took a long time to respond) but she was also rude. I do most of my shopping online and I have never dealt with customer service this horrible. Do not purchase anything from this store, not only do they cheat their customers but they also don't value them. The clothes are ill-fitted and not very original; you can find most of the same styles elsewhere. Save your money and purchase from a company where you matter.

vardanh
Vardan H.
6/12/19

I purchased couple of clothes and shoes from them and requested 2 day delivery. After 10 days of not receiving it they told me that it is the fedex's fault and now I found out that fedex could not deliver it because there is nothing inside the package to deliver.
I am very mad at them and would rate this irresponsible act 0. Their customer service is abysmal.

martinb318
6/11/19

i think i made plenty of order on this website. they are very professional and the products are amazing. also the prices

miat27
6/10/19

I love ASOS's clothes, but their customer service is ABYSMAL. I was on two online chats with two different representatives for an HOUR, an got absolutely nowhere. I had purchased one-year Premier Shipping for $15, and when I purchased my clothing order, it said "Premier Shipping Active" in the checkout. When I received any order confirmation however, the delivery date was with standard delivery. I reached out to ASOS through chat (because, annoyingly, they do not have a phone number) and received absolutely no help at all. I waited up to TWENTY MINUTES for a response at times, and at other times the customer service agent literally answered a question of mine by copying and pasting a line from the ASOS website. The rep said that he was "transferring my query to a team of specialists"---aka passing the baton and trying to get rid of me--and could not give me any timeframe as to when they would contact me. When I became frustrated, the customer service rep ENDED THE CHAT. Completely unacceptable customer service. I spend a lot of money on their website, and I expected better than this; they treated me like an annoyance, and didn't help solve my problem due to their horrible customer service.

irmat7
6/10/19

Im from Albania, before dhe shipping was 3 eur and know is 11eur, are they crazy they raise it triply i will never buy there again

kristinab92
6/9/19

No customer service no customer relations,unhelpful and all problems trying to move on others,unhelpful staff on chat , don't have a standards

aliciaw93
6/7/19

Horrible experience and after reading other reviews I realize I'm not the only one! First they sent me the wrong dress, then they claim they didn't receive it back and wouldn't refund me cause I don't have a proof of return, I dropped it off in a ups box. I ordered the dress again as it was for a wedding and received a broken zipper. Then paid for expedited shipping and it still arrived 2 days late. No number to call and speak with someone. Horrible horrible experience and I will not be shopping again!

danielat19
6/7/19

I used to buy there before with no trouble, usually paying with GBP gift cards and having the stuff delivered to another country. This time I placed an order that was just above £100 thinking I was paying most of the price with the gift card that I had on my account. Days later I noticed they blocked the whole amount on my credit card. Clearly international customers can no longer pay with gift cards. As the goods have not been shipped yet, I asked them to cancel the order so that I could place a new order with a UK address and let a UK friend forward the stuff to me. Not possible the rep said as they were getting too many orders and my goods were allready being packed. In fact, it was shipped 3 days later. I was offered not to accept the package and get full refund on my credit card that way (God knows how long this will take when they are experiencing so serious delays in the warehouse - took them about a week to ship). I entered my friend's UK address in my account and the little flag there changed automarically. I still wasn't able to check out and the cust rep was extremely frustrating, copy / pasting texts instead of answering in plain words, repeatedly refusing to answer how to get a refund on the gift card that seemed impossible to spend. Absolutely not reassuring even when I got very agitated and started to mention the word "scam". She was ok with me leaving the chat like that. Finally, she mentioned there was another tiny flag at the home page that also needed to be changed to the UK one for me to be able to spend the credit. Why did it take her so long to figure it out? I did manage to spend the voucher at the end, now waiting for my friend to receive the goods and send it to me from the UK. The prices on their website are in pounds and so was the gift card. What does it matter where the goods get delivered? Upsetting customers on purpose and losing business and getting their reputation ruined. They must have new, totally incompetent management that doesn't care at least if the company goes bust. I so wish I read these reviews before but since I shopped with them before, I thought there was no need! Bottom line - if you get a UK gift card, don't live there and don't know anyone there who can help you get the goods, then the money is lost with the company keeping it and the person who bought you the card scammed. Clearly a refund on the gift card is not an option so... Would you just believe it? These losers need to learn from Amazon how to value a customer.

derekg72
6/3/19

Doesn't get any worse than this. Stay away!
save your time and money. go to a proper shop or website, not these thieving charlatans
asos don't have a clue
sell poor quality clothes
mess you around
rip you off. you pay for an item and it doesn't turn up. you pay for an item and you get the wrong size.
they don't pay out refunds. just be prepared for lies. they will keep your money.
asos don't care. 0% rating

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Never had an issue and i've been ordering from them for the past 5 years. I also live in New York. I get my packages in a timely manner. I've placed rush delivery, got orders on time. The same with standard. Even my returns have been simple. Never had an issue with Asos.

By Ms S.

Doubt it, I don't think they sell any knock off's. Depending on the print you got, some of them don't have stripes. Hope that helps.

By Daria d.

Complain about Asos through the Retail Ombudsman, if more people complain about companies like Asos they will have no choice but to improve their service to their customers.

By Jackie B.

Look, as I wrote here I shopped with them many times and I was never disappointed. I don't know where you buy from, but I live in Italy and it doesn't take more than 4-5 working days for them to deliver the package. If you're concerned about the quality, well, it's not really top-notch, but considering the price it's really good (you can't expect Max Mara quality from a shirt you paid 20 euros). As for the fit be careful because those are UK sizes and they are definitely NOT vanity sizing! Meaning: when you read "model pictured wears UK 8" you may think "they're lying, she's clearly a 6" but they're actually not in most cases. I have a body similar to that of most of their models, I ordered size 6 twice and it was a tiny bit small. So size accordingly. All in all I trust them and I like their product. Perfect low-cost site to shop from online.

By Maddalena R.

It depends on where you live I guess? I live in Iowa and most of the times it says it ships from New Jersey. The longest time it ever took to ship to me was 7 days but I've received it in 4 before

By marissa h.

I've honestly never had any problems with this company. Like, I order, it ships quickly, I get my goods, if I don't like it, I ship it back with their free returns and I get my money back. The only dirty thing they do is price gauging. Like, go on the UK site and jot down an items price and then switch to the US site (My country, as an example) and do the math on the GBP to USD exchange rate and then compare the two site prices and BOOM: the US site is always more expensive than the UK site. I always buy things from the UK site now

By Lizzie L.

They are fraudsters. They are scam, they will take your money and send you extremely cheap valueless product entirely unrelated to the ordered items . Afterwards they will blame the shipping company . Then they will say unfortunately they are now out of stock of the ordered item. Offer to refund you only 30%. They are in short thieves

By Lawrence c.

no. they will find 101 reasons to screw you out of your money

By Derek G.

How about boots?

By Ieva E.

Ditto with P S.'s answer

By Audrey Y.
Questions? Get answers from the ASOS staff and other customers.

ASOS?