Review of ASOS

Hemel Hempstead, HP2 4NW, GB
Tel: +44 20 7483 1888

lauraleeo
2/22/19

I ordered a few items and paid for 2 day shipping, receive by feb 21st. I got an update email saying my items were going to be delivered about a week and a half after I ordered. When I contacted them about this issue they just kept sending me their help page link. When I asked for a refund on the 2 day shipping charges they stated that they couldn't because their website stated it was high volume and orders would be delayed. There was NIOTHING on their website the day I ordered saying anything about delays. Shipping said I would receive by the end of the week. I know what I saw and what I was doing. I needed the items for an event this coming weekend and when I placed the order, I made sure I would receive items on time(esp because I paid for the higher shipping charges.) Awful customer service, awful way to do business. Awful that they offer 2 day shipping when in fact they're just trying to steal your money and send items regular mail.(We all know sometimes shipping is the reason we don't even continue our orders and buy items) so what the $#*!, allowing ppl to pay for a service you won't even offer. I will never order from them again. I couldn't believe how awful their customer service was when I contacted them with this problem.

maxr83
2/21/19

Horrible return process. Ordered a jacket which did not fit properly.

First of all they don't offer an exchange only a refund and then you have to order again. Which is not a great service but would be OK if the refund would happen in a timely manner.. Which it doesn't.
I am waiting for the refund since 5 weeks now - even though it says in their website that it can take up to 10 days. It's a joke.
Will never order again.

evgeniyav4
2/19/19

All I can say shopping by ASOS turned out to be the worst experience with online shopping I ever had. I have never encountered the shop that doesn't care if their customer will receive an order or not. Support workers won't move a finger to help you with your order. When asked to contact the Pony Express directly they say that they can't because (!) as they ship to 200 countries they can't contact all the local services. Well, what can I say, quantity over quality strategy is pretty lame in 21 century and fires back in the future. Every time I contacted them they informed me that the ONLY thing that can be done is to wait for the return of the parcel to ASOS and get the money back.
Another thing is the express post service. I never thought I am the one who will be saying it, but Russian Post is far more reliable then Pony Express. But ASOS imposes on their customers the services of Pony Express (they even change without any notice and permission the chosen method of shipment ) and refuses to deal with the arousing problem.
I am really disappointed with this attitude and services. Russia has a huge target audience but since you chose such a way to treat your customers you pushed many people away.

eddieb81
2/16/19

Customer service at asos is so bad they think they are doing You a favour.
Since Christmas I have Spent good money.
When I have a problem I call Customer Service for help.she made it out by saying She's going out of her way to help me.
I have to say No you are getting paid That's your job helping customers.I will never buy from asos ever again.
You will never ever get spoken like that from
m&m direct or Zalando Scotts Their customer service is so helpful they make you feel Like you never had problem.I will never
Buy from AOSO again.They need to have a good look at their customer service.

ianl85
2/15/19

Staff hide behind Data Protection (inappropriately ) when the question is too hard EG- when can i really expect my order to be delivered OR have you any idea of where it is at all...Appalling lack of understanding and clearly being remotely helpful is a step too far...Whomever delivers the customer service training needs to revisit their training and understanding or find another career as the message isnt being delivered and acted upon

Ian L

izzyh5
2/14/19

I've been an ASOS shopper for years and they used to be great at shipping. However, this past year they have lost so many of my packages it's crazy. When I complain they keep making excuses and saying my package will be delivered soon when it is not. Also, the tracking never seems to be updated, the package arrives to the US and that's it, no info after that. They also try to just ship back replacement item when the package is lost and then say that other items in the order are out of stock. It's such a freaking mess. Their customer service is awful. I'm just so disappointed bc i used to love shopping on their site and I don't think I will anymore.

lawrencec141
2/13/19

I desperately needed some trainers as a gift to be delivered today (13th Feb). I paid for next day delivery to guarantee this.

I received an SMS at 7am saying my order couldn't be delivered today and to contact ASOS.

I contacted ASOS and they initiated a 'return to sender' request at 1am. They said my order will be returned to them and I'll be given a refund.

I have never had a company sell me a product with guaranteed next day delivery and then stop my order from reaching me at 1am, I'm simply lost for words.

I've now got no present to give to a loved one and have purchased the same item from a competitor of ASOS who have guaranteed me next day delivery. ASOS asked me to order from them again but if they don't know why they cancelled my order as it was being delivered last time then it is likely to happen again.

I was a brand new customer who had never purchased from ASOS before, this was the first transaction and the start of our relationship. I would give them 0 stars if possible. I wish I had checked their review ratings - they are rated terrible for a reason, please do yourself a favour and buy from a more caring and organised company.

I wanted to make a formal complaint, I was told that I had to do it using their website which is more for troubleshooting. After much hassle I wrote a complaint.
The person completely ignored all of my written text and treated me as though I was a happy customer checking on their order - very poor.
The response I received is below:

Thanks for contacting us at ASOS. Sorry to hear you didn't receive your order 388914318 and it's being returned to us.

I've checked your order for you and it's on its way back to our warehouse due to you explaining you wouldn't need this order unless it arrived at a certain point.
We're unable to resend your order to you. As soon as we've received the parcel, we'll refund the cost of the items and send you an email to let you know.
Please allow 7 working days for your parcel to arrive at our warehouse and be processed. We'll drop you an email when it's been done. It may take 5-10 working days for funds to show in your account.

If you haven't received a returns confirmation email by the 22nd of February let us know and we can look into this for you.
I'm really sorry your order didn't reach you. If you still want the items and they're still available, please order them through our website as normal as I'm unable to place your order for you, for security reasons. An easy way to do this is to log into your account, view the original order and then add the items you want back into your shopping bag.

We make every effort to ensure that you receive your orders on time and are happy with our service. I'm really sorry you're being asked to wait a little longer; occasionally there are postal delays which are outside our control.

If you have any more queries in the meantime, get back in touch and I'd be more than happy to help.

Best Wishes,

Tip for consumers: Avoid them

stacys145
2/11/19

I ordered a pair of Doc Martens. I received them in a couple days and got free shipping. Love my boots! Exactly as pictured & size ran true.

mariea147
2/10/19

My package finally arrive after having a bad weather in Canada. I have been a happy customer for years and I will be shopping again.

maiaa
2/9/19

Extremely poor
Extremely poor, so disappointed I was ASOS customers for years but they become so bad lately.
I have bought £300 worth of gifts and the delivery man have never turned up, ASOS told me it was sent back as confirmed to ASOS form DHL and I have to wait for 2 weeks for my money. now I have no money to buy gifts for my family before I travel and I have no gifts. the online chat girls "LAURA" chat ref. 17924399- could and would NOT do anything to help, could not speak to a manager who might have more power, could not raise a complaint and I was not even allowed to get my prime service fees which are only £9,99 refunded. in the end, she closed chat on me. WOOOOW.
DO NOT use ASOS, switch to Chi Chi or Very.com.

Not only receiving such an awful service but the way they treat you as a loyal customer who spent ££££ in the past few years is disgusting.

hamido
2/8/19

Hello.
Today Asos made a racist change against Morocco.
they changed the delivery fees.
if you want to get free standard delivery you need to spend £200.
before you needs only to spends 20£ to get free shipping.
While all arabs and world countries needs only to spend 20£ to receive your parcel for free.
And why standard delivery fees was 3£ and now became £20 ?
Why this racism against Morocco?

vasilakisg
2/8/19

very poor service quality...I'm talking all day about a delayed delivery!They have lied to me about 3 times that my order will be delivered to me by end of 08/02, make me remained all day at home...not giving me the chance for a plan B...they insisted that have to wait till 00:01 in order to claim that my ordered is delayed...and now they informed me that i have to wait till 19/02...they do not care at all for customers...

oliviab97
2/6/19

Will never order again.
I had a good experience before, until 4 weeks ago when I did not see my 2 parcels arriving, and wanted to get more information on the matter on the online chat, the customer care of one of them was disgusting. He was showing me how much I bored him and That he did not have time for me. But I was happy when a few days ago the customer care of asos messenger helped me to get my money back. However today when I wanted to order back my stuff I saw that asos shipping fee jumped for 4usd to 31.68 usd. And free shipping from 31.68 to 315 usd. Honestly I live in a small country where the salary is not that great and if the shipping price are jumping that high I prefer to look for another online clothing site, as for us its quite expensive. And when my friends and relatives got to know about it their reaction was the same. I don't think I will ever buy there again.

ts466
2/5/19

I would never order from this site again. I never received my items. When I contacted them I got the run around. One of the reps Devon even said I sound dumb. Worse customer service ever.

slima1
2/3/19

Hello.
Today Asos made a racist change against Morocco.
they changed the delivery fees.
if you want to get free standard delivery you need to spend £200.
before you needs only to spends 20£ to get free shipping.
And why standard delivery fees was 3£ and now became £20 ?
Why this racism against Morocco?

check pictures below to see the fees difference between morocco and other countries in africa.

jamesj677
2/2/19

If I could have given less than one star, I would have.

Placed an order valued at over £100 and it was delivered to the wrong address. When telling ASOS about this they told us that it is a civil problem and we will need to find the parcel ourselves.

No offer of replacements or a refund despite us mentioning that we are protected by the consumer rights act. Not that they were too bothered about that. They just kept sending the same pre-canned responses.

I have asked to speak to a manager 3 times now and they aren't even acknowledging my request.

I've been a customer of there's for years now and have spent thousands of pounds during this time. If this is how they treat loyal customers I can only imagine how they treat new customers!

AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE.

abdullahm25
1/27/19

The order 370697368 arrived 3 weeks late. Since the order arrived late, I did not open it and decided to return it back. The tracking number showed the order already returned back to ASOS. Now, it is more than three months fighting with ASOS to refund me $195.5 and they have not issue it yet. They are trying not to refund me without any valid reason. I will sue asos.com. I was a regular customer with ASOS.com but now I will not buy again from them. Be careful. Don't buy from ASOS.com. The worst customer service I have ever deal with.

anonymousw273
1/25/19

I'll start with this, I love Asos and I've ordered from them many times, but I'm so disappointed with how they handled my situation. I made an order, and it was delivered incorrectly. I tried to see if they could simply redelivery the order. But NO, they have policies and procedures, so they could not simply try to send it again. I have to wait for a refund, and now the shirt I wanted is out of stock, and the watch I wanted is $5 dollars more. My feelings were grossly disregarded. They are a soul-less company.

mahmoonat
1/25/19

My daughter she shops from ASOS on line shopping, theirs service is excellent, quick place an order and very easy and fast delivery options, always delivered on time and free return service which comes very helpful when you need to return quick, their prices are best and excellent quality, you have choices to choose good brands outfits on best price. Definitely recommend to all,

jamesp764
1/17/19

I fundamentally disagree with ASOS decisions in my case. They have refused to acknowledge that items were missing when they delivered the bag falling to pieces. and have made the decision to stop replying to emails from me because they have closed my account, despite me ordering from them on many occasions and also when that is not conducive to resolving the issue. The bag was split when it arrived, as I noted with yourself and the driver, and yet I am being penalised for ASOS packing the bags too heavy and for disregarding your poor customer service in resolving the issue. I am not in any way a liar and I am extremely disappointed with the situation. The items may be elsewhere in the delivery network but they have done nothing to check this and have placed sanctions on my account that are uncalled for, unexpected and downright unfair. I feel completely victimised by their errors and I will be taking this complaint further with further negative reviews online, with my credit card issuer, Hermes and the ombudsman.

meghank25
1/17/19

Both time I ordered from ASOS, the "carrier was delayed" and my items were 3 weeks late. I ordered maternity clothing so you can see how this was problematic. The first time it happened, customer service said it wouldn't happen again. So, I took a change. HUGE mistake. They need to fix their carrier problem and be honest with customers. I will never order from them again.

susanm892
1/13/19

I have been looking for a red raincoat for my upcoming trip to London. The ASOS website made it easy to find exactly what I was looking for AND offered the right price. I was hesitant to order my raincoat because of all the negative reviews regarding shipping. Nothing could have been further from the truth. I received my beautiful coat faster than I anticipated, but also the quality was above and beyond what I had imagined. I would recommend ASOS to anyone looking for style, quality for the price, and quick delivery.

madisonc57
1/12/19

I was hesitant after reading the reviews, but decided to see for myself. Placed my first order beginning of December, picked the $15 express shipping method, order arrived within 2.5 business days (with duties which was expected). I loved all 4 of the things I bought and got a good sense for what size I am in their clothes. I placed a second order before Christmas, received it again within 2-3 days (even with the holidays!), LOVED all the items in this order as well! So I placed another order on Tuesday this past week for 7 items, and they arrived yesterday (Thursday) mid afternoon.
If your going to order from these guys, always opt for the $15 express shipping (I'm in Canada), it comes in no time at all and you get DHL shipping notifications the whole time it's in transit. I've purchased 5 jumpsuits which fit so well, don't wrinkle (polyester blend), the look just like in the pictures, a couple dresses- one is an accidental maternity dress, I'm not pregnant but still wear it cause it's cute AF!, a pair of espradrilles which I wore on vacation in LA for a week and they were comfortable, looked good, held up (good quality). All in all, it's a good site to shop from. Definitely worth checking out!

valeried77
12/29/18

Such a Great website, my refunds were quickly processed and I was returning clearance items! Asos has great clothes, The quality is high and not too expensive.

suraf
12/28/18

I have had numerous incidents in a short amount of time, orders returned and never acknowledged and orders received with wrong items. Customer service is useless, they just sending automated messages. Not ordering from ASOS again!

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Never had an issue and i've been ordering from them for the past 5 years. I also live in New York. I get my packages in a timely manner. I've placed rush delivery, got orders on time. The same with standard. Even my returns have been simple. Never had an issue with Asos.

By Ms S.

Doubt it, I don't think they sell any knock off's. Depending on the print you got, some of them don't have stripes. Hope that helps.

By Daria d.

Complain about Asos through the Retail Ombudsman, if more people complain about companies like Asos they will have no choice but to improve their service to their customers.

By Jackie B.

Look, as I wrote here I shopped with them many times and I was never disappointed. I don't know where you buy from, but I live in Italy and it doesn't take more than 4-5 working days for them to deliver the package. If you're concerned about the quality, well, it's not really top-notch, but considering the price it's really good (you can't expect Max Mara quality from a shirt you paid 20 euros). As for the fit be careful because those are UK sizes and they are definitely NOT vanity sizing! Meaning: when you read "model pictured wears UK 8" you may think "they're lying, she's clearly a 6" but they're actually not in most cases. I have a body similar to that of most of their models, I ordered size 6 twice and it was a tiny bit small. So size accordingly. All in all I trust them and I like their product. Perfect low-cost site to shop from online.

By Maddalena R.

It depends on where you live I guess? I live in Iowa and most of the times it says it ships from New Jersey. The longest time it ever took to ship to me was 7 days but I've received it in 4 before

By marissa h.

I've honestly never had any problems with this company. Like, I order, it ships quickly, I get my goods, if I don't like it, I ship it back with their free returns and I get my money back. The only dirty thing they do is price gauging. Like, go on the UK site and jot down an items price and then switch to the US site (My country, as an example) and do the math on the GBP to USD exchange rate and then compare the two site prices and BOOM: the US site is always more expensive than the UK site. I always buy things from the UK site now

By Lizzie L.

How about boots?

By Ieva E.

Ditto with P S.'s answer

By Audrey Y.

No import taxes and yes the shoes were cute and well made.

By D R.

DO NOT!!! They do not appreciate anyone's business. Customer Service is absolutely terrible and their will be a problem with your order - TRUST!

By a s.
Questions? Get answers from the ASOS staff and other customers.

ASOS?