Review of ASOS

Hemel Hempstead, HP2 4NW, GB
Tel: +44 20 7483 1888

angelap174
10/9/19

not sure about all the other reviews, but i have been shopping with asos for ever a year now, amazing quality clothes, decent prices, free returns, 2 day shipping to the US. I had a problem with a defect in an item, was a little annoying that i has to return a coat with the sleeve sewed shut, but they did give me a full refund when i returned it.

Tip for consumers: your information is safe, super fast shipping and free returns

samanthab288
10/4/19

I would leave zero stars if I could. I had a terrible customer experience both with the product i ordered and the customer service i received.
I ordered a pair of backless white faux leather mules in a US size 8. The shoes i received are labelled a size 8 and are easily three sizes too big. They are absolutely not a standard US size 8. I have worn this size my entire adult life and never experienced this issue.
The ASOS rep i dealt with through the chat was not helpful told me there was nothing he could do. Which means i am now going to have to pay $22.50 in shipping to send back a faulty product that is not at all what was advertised. It is going to cost me, the consumer money to deal with your terrible product.
I emailed the support email and have heard nothing back in over 5 days. I reached out on social and again nothing.
Overall i had a terrible experience, I will absolutely never order from ASOS again and caution shoppers from choosing to order from here.

uzochukwua
10/3/19

Planned a vacation, so decided to buy some clothes from A**holes. My delivery date, which was a month later came and passed and i didn't see any clothes. So I emailed them to ask about my clothes. They replied aaking me to go check my house, my yard, behind my bins, ask my neighbours and go to the post office in search of my order. First, they couldn't provide me with a tracking number (as they shipped an international package without a tracking number) nor a postal service to check (whether am going to ups, Canada post, which branch? I got no clue. My order is over 2months now while my vacation is 2 weeks away, yet I have no clue, where the order is at or if they even shjpped it

emmam213
10/1/19

Received a package, I was asked to pay $170 on delivery for customs. Not a problem if I was informed prior of "other possible charges" when I was purchasing. All they had was a mare policy sorry.
After numerous exchanges they sent this as a reply
" I am sorry you didn't realise buying items from the UK may incur customs or taxes to Canada. We we our utmost to advise on how to order for all our global customers.
I understand you didn't look into this before purchase and the process didn't flag up any reason for you to check our FAQ's - which do advise about extra charges that may occur. In my experience, very few websites do direct you to a 'customs' link while going through checkout.
I appreciate the info which is freely available, is too late now and I am sure you didn't blindly order from a website before checking out some credentials, it is a pity customs charges didn't cross your mind at he time.
I would hope you will fill out the survey and put these concerns into your reply. We value all feed back as it helps to improve our service".

Wow! How nice!
An extremely disappointed customer.

anthoneyb1
10/1/19

Asos are so moderately average. Where they do have a large variety of lines, most of which are nice. However, what seems to be a reoccurring factor that counteracts this companies service is the delivery.

There have been many occasions where I have paid for next day delivery and it has not come next day, I tend to think often this is normal. On the other hand as it happened recently, it had led me to think...what service am I actually paying for if it doesn't arrive next day? After being in touch with their customer service team several times, it seems that they are too blasé to actually want to help their customers. No sense of urgency, no sense of compassion and not a thought of compensation.

The attitude many Asos workers seem to bring really make me want to reduce the business I conduct with them, which is an awful pity.

bigd79
9/29/19

Sent wrong size products and express shipping was delayed total disaster. How hard is it to send the correct size from the paperwork.

gavinf18
9/29/19

I've made 2 orders to Asos, one went fine, everything fit fine, the other and more recent one, i ordered 2 pairs of shoes and both were a size smaller than what i ordered. I decided to just not worry too much about it because one of the shoes seemed to be big enough to wear. On just the first wear, the sole decided to rip off of the shoe and so i returned them. 2-3 weeks later no refund and so i try to reach out to customer service 3 times with 3 different people, Mohamed, Kamran, and Aqib, none of them able to help in the slightest and then just ending the chat out of nowhere. i probably wont ever buy from asos again and neither should you.

andreap285
9/24/19

I agree with the numerous other posts citing the absolute lack of customer service exercised by this company. I received an email stating that my return would be refunded to my account and then they proceeded to provide me with a credit instead. When I inquired about it they simply stated that was an automated message and I should not have taken it seriously. I replied that the message was an error on their part and they should honor was they said. They flat out refused and eventually ended the conversation on me! (It was an online chat since they don't have a phone number listed... how convenient.) This company lacks any and all sense of accountability and if it's going to survive (ie. not lose all of its customers) it really needs to revamp how it approaches customer service situations. Oh, and stay true to what they say! An absolute disgrace.

nancym468
9/14/19

If I could rate this site a 0 I would. I ordered a dress they took my money and I never received my item or even a confirmation. When I contacted customers service I've emailed back and forth 10 times!! And each time was a different person. I gave them all of my information including a screenshot of my transaction with my credit card company and they still wouldn't give me MY purchase information!! They refused to. It was like talking to a bunch of robots. Til this day I still haven't received my merchandise. Never again will I be ordering from such a terrible website.

amym773
9/12/19

I was a member of their A List scheme which came to an end last year when they emailed me a voucher code to compensate. The email made no mention of any expiry date so I naturally thought there wasn't one. Tried to use the code yesterday only to find it had expired. Have been in contact with customer services but they refuse to replace it. Absolutely unacceptable.

tys57
9/11/19

DPD HAVE A THIEF WORKING FOR THEM!
ASOS works with DPD who delivers their items. I had a pair of trainers which was stolen by a driver called Nathanael, I was not present when the item was delivered to check if the parcel was tampered with. When I collected the parcel it had holes on the packaging, the driver Nathaneal poked holes into the packaging to check what was on the receipt, when he found out what was inside of the packaging Nathanael opened up the parcel took the trainers and sealed back the packaging with. I contacted ASOS with photo evidence on what has happened they told me I would receive an email within 24 hours in regards to my order. When I received the email it stated it is rare for their items to go missing, therefore they would not deal with the issue and I should contact my bank for a refund. I have a missing item, there a thief working for DPD also ASOS is not providing a replacement product to a loyal customer who item has gone missing to top it of I would need to contact my bank for a refund. Not very helpful at all do not care about their customers and DPD DRIVER NATHANEAL IS A THIEF.

kirstyd12
9/9/19

1.Ordered goods and paid. Got order confirmation, then days later got an email saying order didnt gf through. Then items were sold out .
2. Attenpted to try again, purchase different items, tried to pay with PayPal- got error message saying it did not work. So paid with my card instead. Asos took money from both. Unable to contact them, no reply to my emails or facebook messages. Still not resolved over a week later. Worst online experience.
DO NOT TRUST THEM

samanthab285
8/28/19

Horrible customer service!!! I paid for my items and when it was time for them to ship my merchandise they stated that I never purchased anything when my bank statement clearly shows I did. Don't trust this site !

stevem1011
8/27/19

Asos won't replace my trainers saying they have been used.
I had a blowout walking.
Glad I wasn't on the motorway.
No money back for faulty goods ?

radhikaa1
8/22/19

I won $1000 from a giveaway ASOS had a year ago. Recently I decided to use the vouchers. To see what I got and the full review, watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKG-dJloMLc&t=1s ! Thank you :)

hessa
8/21/19

How is the company still in business?

First off, I keep making the mistake of ordering from them when EVERY SINGLE TIME I order, they get the order wrong. Either the size isn't what I ordered or the actual item I ordered is mixed up with something different. FIRE YOUR SHIPPING AND WAREHOUSE MANAGER!

Their brand sucks, nothing fits well and that's saying a lot for me, it's always easy for me to fit in practically anything. Their clothing line is the least of their concerns, though, shipping, customer service and warehouse packaging is just embarrassing.

I hate this company.

Tip for consumers: Skip buying from them.

jordynb6
8/16/19

I wish I could give zero stars due to poor quality, lack of communication, horrendous customer service, late delivery and ultimately the company sending an EMPTY BOX (which they claimed "got lost"). I'd also like to add for reference that I have NEVER written a bad review on any company in my life.

I ordered a few items for the first time from ASOS. One of the items I had to return because the material was like tissue paper, the other (a dress I ordered for a wedding) had a broken zipper. I had to return the dress and repurchase a new one rather than having a replacement sent out for me. I ordered the second dress at the end of July and was told that I'd be receiving the dress Aug 2nd.

I came home from a trip August 11th and the package had not arrived. I then had to contact the company 3 times to get a straight answer on why my package had not arrived. I was assured by the first two that I would get an answer "in 24 hrs" (this is days before the wedding).

Finally I was told by someone on my third attempt that the dress was lost, that they were out of stock and that I would just get a refund. I called FedEx to follow up and FedEx reported that the box ASOS sent out was actually empty, hence why they never delivered it. ASOS denies this, told me they would only give me a refund. No extra incentive to make up for the inconvenience.
So I now have no dress for a wedding that is in two days and spent about 45mins of my own time attempting to just get an answer.

Needless to say I would rather go to Nordstrom on Black Friday than ever order from this company again.

martins328
8/13/19

They wont even help me, they told me to ask my neighbors. seriously horrible company.. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SITE!

sharonl315
8/11/19

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY......WHEN YOU HAVE A PROBLEM THEY DONT WANT TO KNOW AND TELL YOU TO WAIT 45 DAYS FOR REFUND...... TERRIBLE COMPANY . IF I BOUGHT FROM A SHOP I WOULD NOT HAVE TO WAIT 45 DAYS. DISGUSTING CUSTOMER SERVICE. OR SHOULD I SAY ÑO CUSTOMER SERVICE. THEY HAVE YOUR MONEY SO THEY DON'T CAR8E.

pedjas
8/10/19

They claim that they have sustainable clothes but hides info and they are NOT transparent and responsible. They have two faces

nishas26
8/5/19

When I contacted them to resolve the issue, they blamed me for their mistake and failed to take any responsibility and took no effort to resolve the issue.

When I told them I would be contacting my credit card company to cancel the payment, the customer service representative they shut down the chat abruptly.

DO NOT SHOP AT ASOS. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

raffathm
8/4/19

In Asos You can find a lot of good products but No COD option..I have Bought some Tracksuits was told delivery would arrive in less than 3 weeks.,My parcel wasn't delivered after waiting more than a month.,Actually am from India and I work in Oman I have tried in both address but they didn't delivered yet.
I find myself in the worst experience I have ever had with an online store.,Just buy else where...

katherinee27
8/3/19

You cannot place an order with ASOS without providing a valid phone number. A company does this for one reason: your data is a valuable commodity for them to SELL/TRADE TO OTHER COMPANIES. The customer service rep I chatted with regarding this issue says the reason they request a cell number is for delivery issues, but when I requested to handle any such issues via email, (which works fine for other companies), they refused this option. Any company that FORCES YOU to give out your cell number has alternative plans for it--like trading or selling it to. So, by all means, if you don't mind being spammed by every Tom, $#*! and Harry out there, place an online order with ASOS. Deeply disappointed, will never order from them and will warn others away.

gregorys233
8/2/19

Awful. The delivery company they use cannot be trusted AT ALL. Their customer service just hides behind the fact that they use an outsourced delivery company and they can't guarantee delivery.

Will not be using them again.

spencerr32
7/31/19

I live in Alberta, Canada. I've made 3 separate orders from Asos over the last couple months. I feel for the negative review writers but I have had 3 good experiences. The first 2 I paid the $20 express shipping which came within a few days as stated at checkout. The 3rd, I got the free shipping which came on time but I had no access to shipping company and/or status updates. I got one update when order first shipped but nothing after that, not even a delivery notice. I paid $25 customs for 1st order/2 items, $45 for 2nd/3 items. I just realized I didn't have to pay customs with the 3rd order/3 items and free shipping option! I've been really happy with the "ASOS Design" clothing line, good pricing for fair quality and trendy clothes.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Never had an issue and i've been ordering from them for the past 5 years. I also live in New York. I get my packages in a timely manner. I've placed rush delivery, got orders on time. The same with standard. Even my returns have been simple. Never had an issue with Asos.

By Ms S.

Doubt it, I don't think they sell any knock off's. Depending on the print you got, some of them don't have stripes. Hope that helps.

By Daria d.

Complain about Asos through the Retail Ombudsman, if more people complain about companies like Asos they will have no choice but to improve their service to their customers.

By Jackie B.

Look, as I wrote here I shopped with them many times and I was never disappointed. I don't know where you buy from, but I live in Italy and it doesn't take more than 4-5 working days for them to deliver the package. If you're concerned about the quality, well, it's not really top-notch, but considering the price it's really good (you can't expect Max Mara quality from a shirt you paid 20 euros). As for the fit be careful because those are UK sizes and they are definitely NOT vanity sizing! Meaning: when you read "model pictured wears UK 8" you may think "they're lying, she's clearly a 6" but they're actually not in most cases. I have a body similar to that of most of their models, I ordered size 6 twice and it was a tiny bit small. So size accordingly. All in all I trust them and I like their product. Perfect low-cost site to shop from online.

By Maddalena R.

It depends on where you live I guess? I live in Iowa and most of the times it says it ships from New Jersey. The longest time it ever took to ship to me was 7 days but I've received it in 4 before

By marissa h.

I've honestly never had any problems with this company. Like, I order, it ships quickly, I get my goods, if I don't like it, I ship it back with their free returns and I get my money back. The only dirty thing they do is price gauging. Like, go on the UK site and jot down an items price and then switch to the US site (My country, as an example) and do the math on the GBP to USD exchange rate and then compare the two site prices and BOOM: the US site is always more expensive than the UK site. I always buy things from the UK site now

By Lizzie L.

They are fraudsters. They are scam, they will take your money and send you extremely cheap valueless product entirely unrelated to the ordered items . Afterwards they will blame the shipping company . Then they will say unfortunately they are now out of stock of the ordered item. Offer to refund you only 30%. They are in short thieves

By Lawrence c.

no. they will find 101 reasons to screw you out of your money

By Derek G.

How about boots?

By Ieva E.

Ditto with P S.'s answer

By Audrey Y.
Questions? Get answers from the ASOS staff and other customers.

ASOS?