Review of ASOS

Tel: +44 20 7483 1888
marketing@asos.com

peterp290
5/21/18

Clothes are decent, but the customer service is terrible. I qualified for a promotion that was happening, returned part of my order because it did not fit, and the entire promotion was taken off and i received no compensation for my refund. I even actually went NEGATIVE sending back clothes because i needed to buy a box to do so. This doesn't add up, because the promotion had different levels of qualification. I still qualified for the promotion, but simply not the original monetary amount. I returned $105 of clothes, lost my $100 of promotion (which means $5 refunded for $105 worth of clothes,) and am left with a live-chat response of somebody who has no clue of my situation. First time buying from the company, and it's my last. I'm also returning the ENTIRE order. A large company pulling a shady tactic looks terrible, and i do not want to fund a company that's cutting corners with my own money.

aishat6
5/19/18

I returned two orders about two weeks ago, requesting a refund. ASOS supposedly provides no-hassle free shipping AND returns. Youd think this is a great perk for the customer, however, their return procedures are flawed. Customers should beware. I waited the 10 days before reaching out about my return as ASOS says returns take up to 10 business days. When I received my packages they included return labels and instructions for making the return. Their marketing on their website and return instructions within the shipments tote a hassle free process. Youre simply supposed to remove the original shipment label on the package, replace it with the prepaid return label (paid and provided by ASOS) and then either leave it for your mail carrier or drop it in your local neighborhood mailbox bin for USPS to pick up. I did exactly as the instructions said. When I contacted ASOS regarding my return orders they asked for proof of postage and said it was the responsibility of the customer to 1. add tracking to the return package and 2. also insure the items that are being returned. These steps are NOT included in their return instructions. When asked what is proof of postage, I didnt receive a concrete answer. After telling them that the return instructions DO NOT mention these additional steps, they resent me an email with the same script, repeating that I need to provide proof of postage and until I do that there is nothing they can do. I then asked them why they wouldnt know the tracking information for the return label that THEY provided. They then sent me an email saying they looked up the tracking for they return labels they provided and said it came back as invalid. SO THE TRACKING NUMBER FOR THE RETURN POSTAGE ASOS PROVIDED IS INVALID?? AND SOMEHOW THAT IS MY RESPONSIBILITY AND FAULT?? They also looked this up for only one of the package orders I returned. So in a subsequent email I asked them to track the other second package. The tracking number that was assigned turned out to be the SAME as the other package they supposedly looked up: 1001000000000000000**SSN**1. ASOS are frauds. To end, the last email I received from them condescendingly advised the following I can suggest contacting the carrier you returned your items with and asking for proof of postage or a tracking number. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO DO THIS? GO TO THE POST OFFICE AND ASK FOR PROOF OF POSTAGE FOR PACKAGES THAT ARE NO LONGER IN MY POSESSION AND HAVE BEEN MAILED 2 WEEKS AGO?? ASOS is a joke, and they do not care about their customers. I have scrolled through several customer review sites including this one, and this issue with refunds and returns goes back for YEARS. Why havent they updated their return instructions on the slip included in packages stating that customers should add tracking AND insure their items? Its because if they did, the return wouldnt be considered free. Instead they place blame on the customer on the backend and refuse to honor returns. Save yourself the stress and money. Do not purchase goods through ASOS. I'll be submitting this review on others sites. Hopefully it helps others who review businesses before giving them their money. I will from now on.

lilym58
5/18/18

I purchased a maternity dress online size 8 they sent me a size 12. So disappointed I tried it on and of course it was huge on me. It's for a wedding I will be attending. Paid $42 something for it and only got a refund amount of $38. They say "free returns" yeah right!! They cash in and do not refund you the whole amount you paid!! I will not be shopping with them in the future. I tried it since their clothes looks really nice but I had a bad experience. The material of the dress was awful also. It was so itchy and uncomfortable. Nothing you want to wear being pregnant.

elenie
5/15/18

A month ago I placed an order for a few black summer dresses and paid for express shipping because I needed black clothes urgent. I have just lost a loved one, and where I come from we wear all black for at least a couple of months - I am not a very big fan of all black so I really needed some new clothes to get me by these couple of months. Unfortunately, four weeks on, my order never arrived despite my efforts to raise a flag almost as soon as I placed the order, as I knew that not receiving a tracking link within a few hours was bad news. Anyhow, customer care has apologized and advised me to place a replacement order, which I did. A week later I still haven't received a tracking link or my order. I have tried email but no one is replying. I have tried explaining that I really need black outfits and since apparently they cannot do the simple task of shipping an order, then they should at least give me back my money without further delay so I can go shop for black clothes. Nothing. They don't even care. It has now been a month and they still have my money (more than 200 pounds) and I still don't have any black clothes or money to go shop for some. I have tried being polite, even apologized after writing an angry email. I have tried reasoning with them. I have tried making them understand my situation hoping that they will be more sensitive. Nothing. Still no replies. Still no clothes. Still no refund.

Asos online shop is incapable of letting people shop online. It's Russian roulette whether your order will be dispatched and it's a nightmare to get your hard earned money back. I have relied on them and they have let me down twice with no intention of fixing their mistake. Please avoid them. Do not make the same mistake as I did trusting them twice.

oanam5
5/14/18

I ve purchased multiple times from ASOS and always got the orders in time! The quality of the products is good and the diversity of products is simply satisfying! Prices are great and I will definitely continue ordering from them!

jennyf62
5/12/18

Despite a lot of negative reviews on it I found this company to be very satisfying the prices are amazing and the products are unlike most things you find in the High Street. I picked up five dresses for the same price as one would be at Harvey Nichols. Delivery was very fast and the most important thing was I felt like I've had a bargain.

anht15
5/11/18

Reading other people's reviews for ASOS, I think the best way to describe it is that it's a hit or miss kind of business. I live in Maine and has never had any problem ordering anything from them. Return is always free, so I allow myself the luxury of ordering more than I would normally, trying them on, and returning what I don't like. Admittedly the quality of their stuff isn't the highest, and I don't expect anything I buy from them to last long. However, for about $10 a piece, when they're on sale, ASOS is a good site for a college student like myself.

mayaj7
5/11/18

Ive been shopping with asos for years now. The quality is usually low for the prices they charge but I dealt with it. I just received my latest order (a pair of shoes which arrived dirty and stained!) The most revolting thing was that in the shoebox was a candy wrapper! This shows that they have no quality check in place! I contacted them and instead of offering an apology they just matter of factly stated how to return the item..thanks! Doesnt help me at all considering I now dont have a pair of shoes to wear to an upcoming event..absolutely horrible customer service.

lindsayf30
5/10/18

They write in their fine print that they're not responsible for anything they print on their website. Therefore, when they claim to offer free shipping and returns, they're blatantly lying. They also wouldn't cancel my order as they claimed it was shipped 1:15 minutes after it was placed. Watch out, this company is a scam.

pj44
5/5/18

Product is 50/50. Returns can take FOREVER. I once had a return take 3 months. Now I always take pics and get a receipt when I drop off returns. I haven't had much issue until my last 2 purchases and I purchase 5-10 times a year for the last 5-6 years. Customer service had POOR attitude, were very slow at responding in live chat and not helpful at all. It was obvious they are running on scripts.

I used a coupon code and it went through fine when I completed the order, but they charged me full price. Instead of issuing me a credit for the difference they told me to repurchase and use the coupon code and then return the order. So basically, I will have $202 tied up for the next month or two. One live customer service person abruptly passed me to someone else that was even more stern, and he refused to escalate my problem to the specialist team (who the first person said they would fwd my request to) and then quickly closed the chat.

They DO NOT care about the customer anymore. They even asked me if I had screenshots of my purchase with the discount. Who does that?? Well, I guess if I ever shop their again, I will take screen shots of my purchase.

It's extremely sad when you have to take pictures and get proof to return AND purchase things.

caronv
5/4/18

I made a mistake re sizing of shoes, UK versus Aussi etc.. Upon sending several emails to ASOS, they responded promptly, and the problem was ironed out.! My mistake :P
The shoes I ordered were of great quality, and I would order again from them...
cheers :)

yevheniim
5/3/18

It will be a short review - i ordered Armani watches, T-shirt and shower gel. Surprisingly, i've got only T-shirt and shower gel, contacted support - BANNED ACCOUNT EVEN IF I HAVE A VIDEO PROOF OF UNPACKAGE! BEWARE OF SCAMMERS, DON'T MAKE MY MISTAKE!

jeanlucc1
5/2/18

Horrible service. Ordered 5 items on the 14th of April. After 17 days waiting they told me my items got lost on their way to me. Absolutely horrible. Would not recommend at all.

cailinh
4/26/18

They offer international shipping and do nothing to support it.

Over a month past my "estimated delivery date" and everytime I get in touch they ask me to confirm my shipping address and check with my neighbors. 4 times now.
That doesn't resolve my issue.

They have no tracking number, but somehow are able to see that the package is with the local post service, so I should consult them.

Makes no sense.

They don't care about customer service, this company just wants dissatisfied customers to give up and go away.

alib87
4/25/18

After waiting for over a month i received an email telling me sorry items are out of stock we issued a refund for you , use paypal to get the buyer protection.

as6777
4/25/18

The worst customer service ever!
I've faced extremely rude customer service on ASOS!
They notified me that one of the items (pants) in my order is apparently out of stock and they refunded me. But the thing is that I've ordered a combination of a blazer and pants and I don't need a blazer without pants!! However, they decided to proceed with my order even if mandatory part of it is missing. And then they just sent me a notification how sorry they are! No discount, nothing!
We I've tried to cancel my order via so called live chat I've faced very rude attitude fro the support agent Sofia (chat number:13015863). She was so unprofessional and rude that I decided to take some time to register here and leave a feedback. I've never face an attitude like this anywhere! I asked why ASOS haven't informed me about the change. I mean who needs only the half of the suit? Her response was: We deliver a lot of orders around the world, we don't have time to inform every customer! Who ever says this to anyone?????? And what am I if not a client then? She should have given me some robot-like answers because even this would be better! When I said that she is incompetent and asked for a senior manager she told me to be polite and calm down!!! Literally!!! This is absolutely unacceptable! ASOS, if you reading this, you better fire her...

caitlinm37
4/24/18

Awful, awful customer service. I cannot say enough times how poorly they treat their customers. They do not and will not help with anything regarding returns. The company is a mess. They don't keep records of any shipping labels associated with your account so getting your money back on anything is a huge gamble. They also will refuse to speak to you if you don't have proof of drop-off.

anneh148
4/18/18

The worst customer service I have ever received from a company. Please take your hard-earned dollars elsewhere.

medinaj
4/17/18

Save your time and your money. They say youll get your shipment by a certain date but you wont. They dont provide a tracking number so they claim that they cannot do anything for you. Its a load of garbage. Its been a month and I still have not received my shipment and they have not emailed me back... Wish I ordered from Revolve or Missguided.

manueld51
4/16/18

I've never had major issues with the company until my last order. They had an offer and depending on the amount of your order you could have used a promo code for a discount. GIMME50 GIMME75 GIMME100

My total allowed me to use GIMME100. Some of the clothes didn't fit and I needed to return them. Instead of calculating the discount for each item (including the ones that I kept - the majority) before refunding they completely removed the discount, taking it off the refund. Other than being not fair, since the discount applied to all of the items, they wouldn't even recalculate the discount for the new amount. "Our policy doesn't allow us to do so". As their policy was imposed on them by some other entity.

ASOS always seemed to me a company very similar to Amazon, which tries to establish a long term trust with its users, so to become the first choice today and in the future.

This was an unprofessional move and they won't see me back. Just sent a request to delete my account as well.

I might be just another customer, but you're just another retail website in an ocean of options.

Good luck.

louiser52
4/15/18

I ordered some dresses from asos and paid $100, 1 month after i have ordered still haven't received my item until now, ordered the dresses on March 6 expected delivery is April 3 until now I have not received my items April 15 and they wanted me to wait for another 2 weeks. I have already addressed my issue with them and they don't want to admit their mistake and wanted me to wait for another 2 weeks. Customer service wasn't helpful at all and kept on saying the same thing. Now that I don't need the dresses and it didn't arrived when I needed it and asking for a refund and they don't want to make any refund on my account. For those who are thinking on ordering with ASOS I suggest DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM AT ALL.

lilil11
4/14/18

I placed an order in early March using the standard shipping, received nothing by the end of March, I contacted them, they told me to wait until April 10th. I waited, nothing had come. I contacted them again twice when they told me to wait again, still, nothing came. (I checked postoffice, they have never got anything for me from them ) The third time, in the chat now, I called them fraud, and the representative promised me if the order is still missing by April 13th, they would immediately refund me. On April 13th, I got an email saying the replacement order has been sent with a trackable service and will be delivered on May 3rd. I got the new email about replacement order, with a fake tracking link, which after clicking it, the tracking page look exactly the same as standard shipping that has no info on the updates.
The order I got is worth 100+ dollar, I never believe they had sent me anything in the very beginning and now, I will never use them again, it is a fraud website.

nw66
4/7/18

I've done four separate orders from Asos online. I usually order 10-15 items, expecting to send back about half. They have always arrived promptly and my refunds have always been processed quickly. This gives me the confidence to order in two sizes to find the item right for me as sizes can differ between different types of clothing

teresam133
4/7/18

the promo code didn't work and customer service didn't help at all, after 25 minutes. I did online chat to try to resolve. Devon wasn't helpful in customer service. I bought only because it was specifically requested for a wedding.

mohamedj10
4/7/18

After ordering , i got instant ban and cancelling my order before even sending an email asking for document verification, anyway

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Never had an issue and i've been ordering from them for the past 5 years. I also live in New York. I get my packages in a timely manner. I've placed rush delivery, got orders on time. The same with standard. Even my returns have been simple. Never had an issue with Asos.

By Ms S.

Doubt it, I don't think they sell any knock off's. Depending on the print you got, some of them don't have stripes. Hope that helps.

By Daria d.

Look, as I wrote here I shopped with them many times and I was never disappointed. I don't know where you buy from, but I live in Italy and it doesn't take more than 4-5 working days for them to deliver the package. If you're concerned about the quality, well, it's not really top-notch, but considering the price it's really good (you can't expect Max Mara quality from a shirt you paid 20 euros). As for the fit be careful because those are UK sizes and they are definitely NOT vanity sizing! Meaning: when you read "model pictured wears UK 8" you may think "they're lying, she's clearly a 6" but they're actually not in most cases. I have a body similar to that of most of their models, I ordered size 6 twice and it was a tiny bit small. So size accordingly. All in all I trust them and I like their product. Perfect low-cost site to shop from online.

By Maddalena R.

It depends on where you live I guess? I live in Iowa and most of the times it says it ships from New Jersey. The longest time it ever took to ship to me was 7 days but I've received it in 4 before

By marissa h.

I've honestly never had any problems with this company. Like, I order, it ships quickly, I get my goods, if I don't like it, I ship it back with their free returns and I get my money back. The only dirty thing they do is price gauging. Like, go on the UK site and jot down an items price and then switch to the US site (My country, as an example) and do the math on the GBP to USD exchange rate and then compare the two site prices and BOOM: the US site is always more expensive than the UK site. I always buy things from the UK site now

By Lizzie L.

0843 459 7278

By Assad Y.

How about boots?

By Ieva E.

Ditto with P S.'s answer

By Audrey Y.

No import taxes and yes the shoes were cute and well made.

By D R.

By Lizzie L.
Questions? Get answers from the ASOS staff and other customers.

13 Photos for ASOS