Review of ASOS

Hemel Hempstead, HP2 4NW, GB
Tel: +44 20 7483 1888

elenag75
5/23/19

I bought a pair of shoes and sent them back right away because they were poor quality! That was exactly two months ago and I still haven't received my money back. When I contacted them they confirmed the shoes are back in their unit, but they can't send me the money back because of a technical issue! Are you serious???? What the hell! That is not my problem. I did my part and delivered the shoes, no you should send me back the money! I already have been in contact with them two times and every time I have to approach them!! They don't even have the guts to write and apologize for their own faults!! Unbelievable!! Is the worst! Never ever buying something over ASOS and I am fully motivated in writing them bad reviews everywhere so at least this way I hope to get their attention and my own money back!! The worst!

eileenr42
5/23/19

So I bought a dress for an event allowing for sometime for the package to come in. It will officially take over 30 days to get here when buying it stated 20 days... I thought it was a bit much but thought, well maybe they just want to be safe. Nope! It will take longer and they won't refund until you get it back and even so, they do within 21 days. Just don't even... they suck and the customer service also sucks... plenty of other options with less hassle.

trevorf38
5/23/19

I came home last evening to an empty package on my porch. I have never made a claim like this and have shopped with them for over two years! Below is the email that I received this morning:

"Hello,

After an assessment of your account, we've made the decision to not issue a refund for your items.

It's very rare for items to go missing and ASOS have therefore made the decision to not accept any further orders from you.

In order to take this further, we recommend contacting your payment provider to dispute any lost funds. Your payment provider may be in touch with ASOS and we'll be able to provide information regarding your account to support their investigations. Once they're happy this is a genuine claim, they may refund your account.

In the event further orders are placed, they'll be cancelled.

As we're unable to help you further with this, any emails received about this matter will be automatically closed down with no response."

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE AND THE LEADERSHIP TEAM SHOULD BE CONCERNED. I have never made a public complaint against an organization but this one deserves public awareness as they have my $218 and I have no products and they are no longer willing to address. Is this even possible??? Very disappointed to say the least

dalep97
5/21/19

What a shocking company. You pay for next day delivery. Hermes loses the parcel. You call and they expect you to resolve the issue with Hermes yourself rather than ASOS doing it given you have paid an annual fee (Hermes want asos to resolve with them). Hermes admit losing the parcel and you call ASOS three times to explain this which has cost £14.25. All they say is you have to wait 24 hours. 24 hours fo what? We'd already waited a week. Awful

Customer service by telephone. Expect a short call to cost you about £5. Then expect the following,

They don't listen to what you are saying
They don't try to understand what you are saying
They don't address the point you are making
They contradict themselves
They make no attempt to resolve the problem.

They charge premium rates if you call them.
Live chat simply close the chat and cut you off. All the above applies and offers the same routine and nonsense.

Eventually I got a refund through contacting with facebook messenger but they can't refund the outrageous call costs.therefore i'm over £14 lighter by calling the so called customer care team. All the person did on messenger was to confirm what we'd been explaining to tell them all along.

Now they say that they won't reimburse my calls because. Are you ready? Because they aren't equipped to take large volumes of calls and for that reason do not advertise the customer service' telephone number. Couldn't make this up!

douglasw102
5/20/19

their promo codes dont work. it's a scam. they made me put in my card to complete the order, even though I had a promo code, and then they charged the card instead of using the code at all. Then they offered that I could mail my package all the way back to them, receive a refund when they receive it, and re-order the item using this same faulty "promo" code.

how insensitive to scam someone who is already scraping along the bottom. I'm literally $5000 in debt, and I'm investing in a few new clothing items to improve my networking/job search results. And what does my supposed friend ASOS do? They STEAL $50 from me!!!!!!!

Please do not shop at this website. They need to go out of business as FAST as possible because every second their up another honest, low income person gets RIPPED OFF. :(

nanon
5/17/19

Scam, that's what ASOS is, unfortunately their customer service is bad as. You pay extra to get a package on time cause you need it and then they just say " we apologise, you can't get your package that day, plus we can refund your money" like are you serious? How fake can you be??
Too sad they just lost another customer.

sophies79
5/16/19

Don't waste your money here. Total scam artists. I never got my package and yet I was still charged and they wouldn't refund me (because they don't know if it never arrived?!). Rude and unhelpful on there dumb instant message. Shocking that this business can exist. Honestly don't bother with ASOS unless you want to risk not getting your item and them keeping your money.

luisf76
5/14/19

Haven't received product yet but looking forward to it! Great deal 60% off couldn't pass it up. Will be doing a follow up when package is received.

bunnyd4
5/13/19

I am also confused by the bad reviews. I've been buying clothes here for over a year now and never had a problem. Maybe it's because I only use PayPal to pay? Idk. In fact, I ordered two really cute dresses on May 7th, they shipped on May 8th, and got to my house today on May 11th! Always super fast shipping with them. And I've never had a problem getting my refund back either, I always get it within a week, and I've returned plenty of items. Their prices and quality of their clothing and shoes are great for what it is and they have an amazing selection for petites too

kimy140
5/13/19

The CEO ought to be ashamed of this place. The service is the worst. Customer service consistently end chats. They offer no sound help at all. Do yourself a favor and NEVER order from this place. Colors aren't what they look like on the site. Sizes are made for kids. And the people working there could give a rat's a$$ about the problem. I took screenshots of the conversation. Despicable.

lawrencec146
5/13/19

I bought asics gel exalt 4 from them. They took ages to deliver a wristband instead.After complaining +++ for for weeks they responded by saying sorry the shipping co made a mistake and they were going to refund me 32% only. They said it was not their fault but the shipping company's. In short they are thieves don't ever deal with them

katm80
5/10/19

I'm puzzled by the bad reviews. I've been shopping at ASOS for years, only smock dresses though. I've loved them, they are comfortable and very cute. I get compliments on them.

charnev
5/10/19

Chose express shipping, additional cost of $11, for a 3 day delivery. Nothing arrived. Now have no gift for mother in law for mother's day. Customer service has now advised that I need to wait 20days for the items to arrive. Their express shipping is a scam, they never intend to honour the service they're revenue generating off an empty promise. Customer service is a sham, say they'll help and then don't actually do anything. Will never order from them again.

kimb585
5/8/19

Bought a dress through this site and received an "unsuccessful order" email. I had applied a coupon code and the reason for the email is bc they said I needed to update my credit card information. Come to find out they screwed up and applied an expired discount code. They REFUSED to honor it despite the receipt that I had. I contacted them right away, they admitted fault and they did nothing about it. BUYER BEWARE, this company does not care about you.

anak46

terrible costumer service!

i've made two separated orders 2 days apart to avoid custom fees, but they've send it together anyway so I have to pay extra 18% and talking about this to their costumer service was terrible experience. I asked why did they send it together but they just give me automatic answer and end the chat!

tamira2
5/8/19

The worst inflexible and customer unfriendly shopping experience. After placing an order for dress and got charged for shipping for it then I got in touch with you chat associates to get help on adding on new item on my previous order because I didn't want to be double charged for shipping. My request has gotten rejected multiple times, It is the most ridiculously awful customer service and what is the point of having customer service if you can not handle Basic request of customer? not to mention, not being able to waive the shipping when the order has not even properly processed and not shipped and to add on items on the recently made order, as well as not being able to cancel order. What kind of bull$#*! customer service is that? I don't understand the reason of existence of your customer service when you can fulfill single request. It gets even more ridiculous when i have to pay for the shipping for my return if i want to return the item. I don't even want to spend single dollar to return the stuff. I will make sure that this was my final purchase from asos. Ridiculously awful customer service and shopping experience. I never experienced such a poor service from other clothing brand. They would easily fullfill this kind of basic request in which i was really happy about keep getting interested in making further purchase from them. Due to my experience from this purchase I absolutely lost my interest in making purchase from your company

ellieh33
5/7/19

I supported ASOS for more than 9 years but I finally removed the app on my phone and I decided to blacklist ASOS forever!!
I just can't stand the delivery anymore. Skynet is the worst courier service in the whole wide world! I live in Hong Kong and skynet hired a lot of unprofessional couriers. They don't speak Cantonese and barely speak English. They always lie about they tried to attempt to deliver but no one's home. Actually they never come and they didn't even call! They always like that for weeks. Then the hotline is always engaged, I leave voice message but they never return calls. Ok I write them emails and sometimes they reply but sometimes they don't . When I finally get a hold of a staff but the staffs are terrible. They don't believe what customers say, they refuse to help at all. At last the parcel would return to ASOS. If I m lucky, my parcel came late like a month!! I also wrote to ASOS to raise my concern but they just "apologised" to me and did nothing about it!
I am fed up! Bye bye ASOS!!

kristinag50
5/7/19

Website has really beautiful dresses and most are great quality. Sometimes some are not the best quality. Returns are so easy! That is an extremely great feature. Free returns! Each package comes with a return label and you just put the things you don't want back in the bag and it has a resealing tab. Then place label and send back. Super awesome. I mostly get dresses and skirts from them.

patriciak265
5/6/19

This company has quality products, it took a little time to get but, they were of high quality...Will order again !!

melisah4
5/5/19

Excellent service I love Asos !! Have been shopping with them for a lot of years now and have always been mega pleased with the service ! Speedy delivery and always quick to help whenever any problems ! Keep up the good work x

robbedb2
5/2/19

I'll keep this short. Ordered a dress. One month later. NO DRESS. Tried to contact them. No phone number. Tried e-mailing. No response. Finally got into their "chat." and chatted with a Ben who, to sum it up, pretty much said We sent the dress. Too bad you didn't get it. Better luck next time. No refund. No resend! I'm out 60 bucks and no dress!!! They SUCK! Do NOT! Order from them.

jony20
5/1/19

Delayed delivery with no reason. Unhelpful customer service. Told me to wait for another month after the estimate delivery date before they will start investigating the order. How did ASOS become so bad?

travela3
4/30/19

I buy quite often from the French version, I like it a lot, quick delivery, very easy to return and free if you pay a yearly fee of 10 euros (worth it if you buy at least a few times a year). Clothes mostly correspond to the picture and the price range (in respect of quality). Website is quite user friendly. I can only speak of my ASOS experience in France of course.

lynnd170
4/29/19

I've purchased many times from Asos whilst I was living in Europe, mainly in the UK. Never had issues there, returns were easy, did not cost me money to send it back, delivery was quick and refund was settled promptly.

I ordered from Asos in Canada. I was charged customs fee which literally doubled the cost of my dresses, this was not outlined or stated on the website. Being new in Canada, I had no idea that this fee is flat rate (>$50) regardless of the price of your goods as long as it exceeds $20.

To make it worse, the dresses I ordered did not fit me despite using the size guide. Their clothing always run too big. I normally wear UK8-10. Nowhere in store, have I ever bought smaller sizes. On Asos, I have to scale down several sizes even when I use the sizing assistant and answered based on actual measurements/weight. The fit is also clearly off, because every so often, if I order a couple dresses which are all the same size, one might fit while the others run down my knees. My sequin dress is dropping sequins every now and then. I've had to vacuum it up and even then there's still a couple falling off whenever it is shifted. I tried to find the loose thread and just cannot locate it cause it's black.

The worst part is to return to the UK, I will be charged a shipping fee of $22+. This means, the cost of shipping and customs alone would have easily gotten me 3 dresses without the added hassle of purchasing it from overseas and having issues with sizing and having to return it. Really terrible. Do not purchase from Asos unless you live in the UK. I just missed London and hated the clothing/fashion in Canada. Can't believe this just made everything worse.

litoyam
4/28/19

Made a purchase 3/8, returned by 3/12. After 5 attempts of trying to reach them (I should have never trusted a company who doesnt have an actual phone number), I'm now being told they have no record of my return. Keep in mind, tha company sends you a return shipping label. Moral of the story, looks like I'm out of a significant amount of money, and Asos lost a customer. Can't wait until Amazon puts them out of business!!!

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Never had an issue and i've been ordering from them for the past 5 years. I also live in New York. I get my packages in a timely manner. I've placed rush delivery, got orders on time. The same with standard. Even my returns have been simple. Never had an issue with Asos.

By Ms S.

Doubt it, I don't think they sell any knock off's. Depending on the print you got, some of them don't have stripes. Hope that helps.

By Daria d.

Complain about Asos through the Retail Ombudsman, if more people complain about companies like Asos they will have no choice but to improve their service to their customers.

By Jackie B.

Look, as I wrote here I shopped with them many times and I was never disappointed. I don't know where you buy from, but I live in Italy and it doesn't take more than 4-5 working days for them to deliver the package. If you're concerned about the quality, well, it's not really top-notch, but considering the price it's really good (you can't expect Max Mara quality from a shirt you paid 20 euros). As for the fit be careful because those are UK sizes and they are definitely NOT vanity sizing! Meaning: when you read "model pictured wears UK 8" you may think "they're lying, she's clearly a 6" but they're actually not in most cases. I have a body similar to that of most of their models, I ordered size 6 twice and it was a tiny bit small. So size accordingly. All in all I trust them and I like their product. Perfect low-cost site to shop from online.

By Maddalena R.

It depends on where you live I guess? I live in Iowa and most of the times it says it ships from New Jersey. The longest time it ever took to ship to me was 7 days but I've received it in 4 before

By marissa h.

I've honestly never had any problems with this company. Like, I order, it ships quickly, I get my goods, if I don't like it, I ship it back with their free returns and I get my money back. The only dirty thing they do is price gauging. Like, go on the UK site and jot down an items price and then switch to the US site (My country, as an example) and do the math on the GBP to USD exchange rate and then compare the two site prices and BOOM: the US site is always more expensive than the UK site. I always buy things from the UK site now

By Lizzie L.

They are fraudsters. They are scam, they will take your money and send you extremely cheap valueless product entirely unrelated to the ordered items . Afterwards they will blame the shipping company . Then they will say unfortunately they are now out of stock of the ordered item. Offer to refund you only 30%. They are in short thieves

By Lawrence c.

How about boots?

By Ieva E.

Ditto with P S.'s answer

By Audrey Y.

No import taxes and yes the shoes were cute and well made.

By D R.
Questions? Get answers from the ASOS staff and other customers.

ASOS?