Review of ASOS

Hemel Hempstead, HP2 4NW, GB
Tel: +44 20 7483 1888

lisas476
4/22/19

Awful. All the items I have received have bad odor and are cheaply made. The shoes smell of plastic and the blazers are paper thin. Take forever to refund once you return. Will no longer shop here.

malikahh
4/20/19

I have been shopping with ASOS. for a few years now. This was my first time having an issue with shipping. I submitted my issue to their customer care . I quickly recieved a response and my items arrived 2 days later.
The quality of their garments are outstanding!!
If You don't shop ASOS you really need to get to know ASOS!!

karenl726
4/19/19

This place is a scam. When asking about my order that was supposed to be received more than a week ago they said, "Oh there's a problem in the warehouse. We'll look into it and send you an email in 24 hours." I didn't receive an email. I logged back in and chatted again - they do not have a telephone number - and they said the exact same thing as yesterday. When I said I'd like my money back they ended th3 chat and have taken away my ability to log in. A SCAM! Stay away from this place.

oliviar82
4/18/19

I am livid!I I shop on ASOS A LOT over the past years and I spend quite a bit for each order at a time. The past two years I feel like they have been going downhill. I received items extremely late, damaged items and incorrect items. This past order I return everything (due to receiving a wrong item and poor quality clothing) and shipped it out using their label. Mind you, whenever a company has provided me a label, I can typically email them and ask them for tracking info since they keep the return tracking number on file. Not for ASOS. I passed my package off to my mailman (so I did not receive a receipt) and three weeks later here I am waiting for a refund. I contacted them and they pretty much told me we need to see the receipt. My question to them, do you not keep track of the labels that you issue to your customers where you can pull it up? Their response, it's a free label, you need to get a receipt. Okayyyy. Well some people can't go to the post office and get a receipt. I asked to speak to a manager and they told me that they would say the same thing to me and ended the chat immediately. Safe to say, I am no longer shopping with them ever again and plan to shop with their competitors.

felicial29
4/16/19

I have had many small squabbles with Asos, because there is almost always a little problem with any order. But I looked past it because solving it would not be worth the effort it would take and because ultimately the prices so cheap.

However, it has happened REGULARLY that they claim to not have received my returns, so you want to hang on to your receipts for dear life or you lose everything. In total, I have probably lost well over 300 pounds because Asos claimed they didn't get my returns.

This time, however, was even worse; I ordered a few items for my upcoming vacation two weeks before my flight. I purposefully checked the tracking info and stayed in 2 days in a row, not leaving my flat, waiting for my parcel. Asos sent me emails 3 times claiming I was not in and they could not deliver the parcel, however, both I and my flatmates were in the house and we KNOW that a delivery truck probably didn't even pull up (we would have heard that).

So I contact Customer Service and tell them the issue. By this point, 7 days have passed. They say they cannot redirect the order to be re-sent to me; it's their policy that after 3 "failed" delivery attempts, the order goes back to the warehouse and is processed as a return. I make sure to understand this correctly; they said I'd have to reorder all the items I wanted again in a different, separate order because the first parcel was definitely going to be processed as a return and I would receive my money back for that. To make sure, I did tell them I was not going to be in much longer as I was going on holiday and they said they understood and would not send me anything.
(A side note here; the customer support person was incredibly rude and passive-aggressive. The lady later was nice, but still unhelpful.)

Fast forward to today; 16 days after first placing the order, it has reappeared and was delivered while I am on holiday. I am not going to be back for a month and when I tell Customer Support about the issue, they say there is nothing they can do and that if I want to return anything after I am back from my holiday, I would maybe get a gift voucher.

I am incredibly upset because I did nothing wrong in this situation and Asos does absolutely not care. And they never do, so do yourselves a favour and shop somewhere else - Asos' prices are not worth the headache and in 80% of cases, you'll probably want to return stuff anyway; and that is where the real nightmare starts.

josianes2
4/16/19

TOTAL SCAM! do not buy from them. I have returned some items and they refund me 0.64 dhs instead of their actual value (about 400 dhs) saying that the stuff i bought were under promotion voucher and now i am not eligible anymore so they will take the voucher back. so basically made me return the items for free!!! watch out from their terms and conditions, they make it sneaky so they rip you off. Also they never notified me when the items got hold off at the airport customs and i had to pay extra to get it. what a loss! soooo not worth it!

adama230
4/15/19

TOTAL SCAM! ordered only 25USD and parcel was stopped at england. nobody told me it stopped . I needed to contact england by phone after searching the shipping company and then I they asked me to pay double the cost of the parcel itself. ridiculous. you arent supposed to pay if the parcel is less than 75$. and Even if you need to pay then you need to pay when it arrived at your country and not give your credit card to some unknown company that you dont trust. finally I got the parcel after paying and in israel they forced me to pay again! 4X the value in total+parcel value. and this is just for a small parcel.

rikiq
4/12/19

Delivered to tge qrong address, refuse ro do anything to dix . One hour of travel each way to get my parcell back.

Useless

Tip for consumers: Just trust the review here and don't buy

adriank46
4/12/19

I usually don't review businesses, but after too many bad experiences with ASOS I won't hesitate to do so. I've placed my order more than 2 months ago, after failing to arrive the first 2 times, one of the items I ordered was already out of stock, that was really unacceptable! After that they sent the order again, and they kept pushing the deadline until it never arrived. The customer service team is just unprofessional and not ready to handle customer requests and issues at all! They keep customers waiting for months until the order never arrives, and they steal the money. Shame

nikkij63
4/11/19

I've literally ordered and returned ONE ITEM in the last 1.5 YEARS. I received an email a couple of days ago from ASOS saying that my account has been deactivated because of "ongoing patterns of returns behavior that is against our policy." I was stunned, surprised and completely confused since I've only ordered one thing from them recently. I used the chat option and then received an email from Customer Care' saying that they have made the decision due on the fact that I've made "higher than average number of returns." I emailed them back and asked how can they explain that when I've only ordered and returned ONE item in the last year and a half? I received the same automated response back, but they also added "We will not be providing you with any more details with regards to this as your account has now been deactivated. We reserve the right to close your account." Um. What? I've never been so disappointed with a company and their lack of customer care'. How they even came to that decision over ONE order (that was returned sooner than the return date and was never worn with tags still attached) is beyond me. How they can justify THEIR actions I'll probably never know...

jenniferd500
4/10/19

DO NOT TRUST!! BEING CHARGED FOR ITEMS I DONT HAVE! I had made an order which I returned over 3 months ago. After 3 months off it being cleared from my Klarna account, they have today just added it back to my Klarna account saying I owe money, so I owe money for items I had returned over 3 months ago! Obviously after 28 days since I returned the products and it being cleared from Klarna I got rid of the proof of postage as it was no longer needed!! I have tried a number of times and my issue hasn't been resolved!!!!

eveh6
4/10/19

Poor merchandise (walking shoes), frustrating customer service-tough to connect and get resolution. Avoid this group.

kimberlyc253
4/10/19

ASOS just "deactivated" my account due to their new shipping policy. I've ordered several times (even though they do mess up orders a lot) and I pay for the unlimited shipping and returns. This benefit is what convinced me to do business with ASOS. Otherwise, I would not purchase from an online clothing vendor due to the inability to try the clothing on, try different sizes, etc... No mention of refunding the prorated amount for the shipping services.
This is after them sending me only one shoe, incorrect items in correct packaging, the ill-fitting clothing. I have liked and kept plenty of other items to include clothing, shoes and accessories. I have never worn an item and returned it. I never violated a preexisting policy. Luckily, this happened before I purchased a large order for an upcoming vacation (which I have saved in my favorites).

reyzhaz
4/8/19

I'm so done with this website! They have lack of customer care, the customer service is the worst in the world! The customer service will serve you like $#*!! They don't respect customer right to receive news from your order!
In my case,
They automatically refund my order without notice or whatsoever even i have paid my custom charges! I asked the customer service and they don't know about it and don't care about it and just shut down the whole conversation while you ask for further information.

carolw338
4/7/19

I ORDERED 4 TOPS FROM ASOS WORTH OF $121.50, THE PRODUCTS I RECEIVED WERE SMALL IN SIZE. I TRIED TO RETURN IT ONLINE ON THEIR WEBSITE BUT COULDN'T DO IT AS THEY WERE ASKING ME TO LOGIN TO MY ACCOUNT AND MY WAS UNABLE TO LOGIN. SO I CALLED THEIR USA HELPLINE NUMBER 509-588-7320.
ONE OF THEIR REPRESENTATIVE HELPED ME TO RETURN THE PRODUCT AND GET MY REFUND. BUT IT TOOK THEM AROUND 10 DAYS TO RETURN MY MONEY SO I WAS LITTLE PISSED OFF AS THEY TOLD ME THAT I WILL GET MY MONEY IN 3 DAYS....

rebbiek
4/4/19

So I actually really do like asos. But I have to take points away based on the story I'm about to tell you.
Mostly what I buy from asos is shoes, and they're all great. The shoe sizing is consistent. Quality is great, shipping is great all of that.
However the clothing sizing is super inconsistent. I don't often buy clothing from them so I only recently discovered this problem.
Two years ago I ordered a winter jacket in a uk 26 (oversized to wear sweaters underneath it easily) and it was very nice, true to size based off not only they're size chart but my measurements as well.
Last week i came across this dress:

Super cute and on sale? sign me up. The only downside was it was only available in a uk 28. That's okay with me because I know how to alter clothing and make it smaller to fit me. Based off my measurements and the size chart his dress should have been three to four sizes too big on me.
I bought it, it arrived
i tried it on and it's basically my size. That's a huge inconsistency!!!!
Both items I talk about here were the ASOS brand. I messaged ASOS about this issue and they replied with something like "oh so sorry if you don't like it you can return it. Sizes vary between brands". Like no? They're the same brand. Lucky for me the dress fits and it's very cute the quality is super nice but that's not my point!
If someone shopping on asos curve bases their purchase on their measurements (which is really how you should shop online) and received something four sizes too small for them but labeled as a uk 28 that would be super dissapointing and confusing.
Asos, if you want to cater to people inclusively you have to act like it.
My reccomendations:
-reviews on each product page from people who actually buy the items (even fashion nova has this come on now)
-customer service needs to actually try a little bit to respond to what customers actually tell them. Not have some cut and dry "one size fits all" response ready
-an updated more consistent size chart! If each brand needs to have its own size chart so be it. Modcloth has a feature similar to this. It can be done.

I really feel like with the prices on asos we should be able to expect more quality service and that we are actually getting the sizes we buy.

Thank you for coming to my tedtalk lol

jennyl173
4/4/19

I used the $70 off $250 promo code and returned one of the items, ASOS received item however I was not refunded a cent!!!! I completely understand that with the promo code of course I would not get a full refund.. but not even a cent. What was the point of the return? I feel totally disgusted with them. I have emailed them several times and to only hear back from a different person every time and nothing has been solved. Their emails are just a repeat of each other. Absolute rubbish treatment BEWARE Do not buy from them unless you're certain of the product, ASOS refunds are a SCAM.

gracee35
3/30/19

I was a fan of Asos until I've had a terrible return experience. I used their prepaid return label and it seems the package never arrived. I assumed "proof of postage" was the return label but their terrible customer service representatives refuse to look it up. Basically, they say I am liable since I didn't get proof of postage... although proof of postage according to UPS which I visited to try to track down my number, was the return label. Even when I asked their customer service reps to send me the city of their warehouse, they refused. Basically, they aren't incentivized to find the return because they rather take my money than keep me as a customer. Never shopping there again as I am out $150 and will definitely be returning the other half of my order I was planning on keeping (another $150) due to my poor experience.

tanyai18
3/26/19

Received my rag..I mean "dress". the cut was not even, the dress looked like it had been on someones floor for a month and then i had to PAY to ship it back. Disgusting.

jareds126
3/25/19

I have ordered many times from this company. They have great products, but THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE. If you lose your package, good luck getting answers because all they do is tell you to come back another day and they will help. I've been through this cycle for over two weeks now and am still in the process of finding out what happened to my order. There is no need for a 24/7 customer service team if all they do is deliver false promises. Super careless too, they pretty much tell you to come back tomorrow and close that chat.

noelleb14
3/22/19

Terrible. I never received my refund after buying a pair of shoes. They are stealing your money. Don't buy through them.

ashleyg235
3/22/19

This company was not able to fulfill 75% of my order, never refunded me for that. Never received a refund for items returned either. A full month and a half later I am in the middle of a claim with them through paypal. There isn't even a phone number to call anyone, not that it would matter. I believe they are likely on the verge of failing so they are trying to steal as much consumer money as they can before they crumble.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT SHOP HERE

pt96
3/20/19

I've made three purchases in the last nine months, and my boyfriend shops at ASOS semi-regularly. We haven't had any issues. I live in New York City, but I've gotten all of my orders within two days, as expected. The cost for expedited shipping is incredibly reasonable, and rivaled only by Amazon, as far as I know. The items that I've purchased, including a couple of items from the ASOS DESIGN line, have all met or exceeded my expectations. They're quality items, they appear exactly as pictured, and fit as expected. All in all, I've had really good experiences shopping at ASOS. And I really appreciate how much they've done to make the latest trends available to everyone.

veronikar1
3/20/19

After MULTIPLE orders with the company, received the item and returned for bigger size. Bigger size item arrived, but the return/refund for smaller item has never been processed. Contacting the company returned nothing. I should have taken a picture of the company-provided return label as they do not have any info on that! They WILLINGLY lost a loyal customer over $30! Do not shop there!

shaunaa8
3/19/19

I order from ASOS all the time. I usually never have an issue with them. But with my most recent order, one item was missing. I contacted customer service and they said when they shipped out my order, the item wasn't in stock. But it was 100% in stock when I ordered the item and 100% in stock just now when I checked again. Then I got an e-mail saying they've refunded me for the item. I contacted customer service again and said I would like that item sent to me free of charge (since I had free shipping last time for spending over $100) and they said nope! They said I have to order it again, pay the shipping fee, wait for a dispatch e-mail, and then request a refund for the shipping fee. So ridiculous. ASOS made a mistake and now I'm the one that has to be even more inconvenienced? I asked for a free shipping code which they said they were unable to do as well. Horrible customer service.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Never had an issue and i've been ordering from them for the past 5 years. I also live in New York. I get my packages in a timely manner. I've placed rush delivery, got orders on time. The same with standard. Even my returns have been simple. Never had an issue with Asos.

By Ms S.

Doubt it, I don't think they sell any knock off's. Depending on the print you got, some of them don't have stripes. Hope that helps.

By Daria d.

Complain about Asos through the Retail Ombudsman, if more people complain about companies like Asos they will have no choice but to improve their service to their customers.

By Jackie B.

Look, as I wrote here I shopped with them many times and I was never disappointed. I don't know where you buy from, but I live in Italy and it doesn't take more than 4-5 working days for them to deliver the package. If you're concerned about the quality, well, it's not really top-notch, but considering the price it's really good (you can't expect Max Mara quality from a shirt you paid 20 euros). As for the fit be careful because those are UK sizes and they are definitely NOT vanity sizing! Meaning: when you read "model pictured wears UK 8" you may think "they're lying, she's clearly a 6" but they're actually not in most cases. I have a body similar to that of most of their models, I ordered size 6 twice and it was a tiny bit small. So size accordingly. All in all I trust them and I like their product. Perfect low-cost site to shop from online.

By Maddalena R.

It depends on where you live I guess? I live in Iowa and most of the times it says it ships from New Jersey. The longest time it ever took to ship to me was 7 days but I've received it in 4 before

By marissa h.

I've honestly never had any problems with this company. Like, I order, it ships quickly, I get my goods, if I don't like it, I ship it back with their free returns and I get my money back. The only dirty thing they do is price gauging. Like, go on the UK site and jot down an items price and then switch to the US site (My country, as an example) and do the math on the GBP to USD exchange rate and then compare the two site prices and BOOM: the US site is always more expensive than the UK site. I always buy things from the UK site now

By Lizzie L.

How about boots?

By Ieva E.

Ditto with P S.'s answer

By Audrey Y.

No import taxes and yes the shoes were cute and well made.

By D R.

Their products are a hit and miss. That is why people have to return items. The color could be off from the picture, sizing odd, but then other items perfect. ASOS also makes several mistakes! They do not take responsibility.

By Kimberly C.
Questions? Get answers from the ASOS staff and other customers.

ASOS?