Review of ASOS

Tel: +44 20 7483 1888
marketing@asos.com

arielf10
11/15/18

I purchased a pair of jeans for $48.50 from their website. When I received them, they were way too tight, so I wanted to return them. I found out that the return policy forced me to pay $22 to Canada Post for the return. Basically, I'm now paying $22 for a product that I am now returning, and when I talked to their customer service, they told me they can't do anything about it. Well you lost a customer and gained another bad review. Not a very smart return policy for a company that only sells online.

chrism841
11/14/18

Absolutely appalling customer service, automated, robot-like responses, long waiting times. Be careful with their currency conversions - I have purchased in SGD on the first order. Second order was processed in USD and it turned SGD70 more expensive! Customer service rep Louis was not helpful, did not really care to keep customer happy, or to keep customer at all for that fact. Because price fluctuations I was additionally subjected to tax payments and ended up massively overpaying for the items that were not even worth it. Louis could not care less neither did entire ASOS. $#*! service - avoid.

laurines1
11/11/18

Horrific customer service experience! Avoid at all costs!! They advertise what appears to be a seamless experience as far as their return and refund policy which couldn't be further than the truth! I had faced an issue with their system which for some reason was not properly sharing information or requests with their chosen delivery courier and each time I spoke to a customer agent, they seemed to understand less about their own operations and return process than I did and I'm the customer! At one point, the agent I was chatting with began insinuating that it was my problem even through the error was in their own system and its integration with their delivery partner. In addition, the fact that they do not have a call center clearly shows that they have no interest in investing in customer satisfaction. Needless to say, the entire experience is one that makes it not worth shopping on this website. There are far better and much more developed companies out there that you can directly shop online from without having to feel like you're responsible for their own mistakes!

sophiet28
11/10/18

I have probably spent about $600 on Asos, and have learned two things- they have terrible customer service, unhelpful sizing, and the clothes aren't very good quality. The only things I have ever ordered from asos that I still wear are two winter coats. All other jeans, sweaters, swimsuits, etc, are all in the garbage bin. Swimsuits are just terribly sized and unflattering, same goes for jeans, and the sweaters are terrible quality. Every time I order things from Asos, i'm severely disappointed.

lynettes25
11/10/18

I read the reviews after making a purchase & i was terrified! Everyone said bad things but my vans sandals came in perfect condition and a day earlier than expected!

noab25
11/10/18

so I bought one dress from asos, wich cost 30. They said that the item went to my city, but they never noticed me, so i was not able to go get my dress. I sent a lot of messages, bue they never could explain it to me.
after some days I saw that they had sent my package back to asos, so I talked with them to get my refund. This was on 8th October, when they told me the item was being sent back to them.
its 10th november, i just talked to asos, and they said that my order has only been sent back on 4th november, and that my refund will only arrive after 27th november. I can not believe this, and the worst thing is that I can not do anything, I need to wait until asos does, AND THEY DON´T DO IT!
please do yourself a favor and don´t ever by anything from asos.

jessicay39
11/9/18

I cant believe this i used to praise their delivery, style and price. so disappointed prices went up delivery sucks soooo bad EXPRESS is not express its a scam its says 3 days delivery when its actually over 1 week plus which is same as normal. When u complain your just chatting to robot

danaa69
11/8/18

I ordered a dress for my shower , and its late, was supposed to arrive nov2nd and now they are saying to wait for nov 22nd without any explanation. Their customer support agent just closed the chat on me an exited without giving any sort of explanation or giving a resolution or saying that she will exit. They deflect and don't give straight answers. I can't believe she ended the chat without giving an answer and exited, kept copy pasting the same answer and exited. Do disrespectful, was on the chat for 15 minutes before any kind of answer. I've been on the chat 3 times so far. It seems that they don't read what I am asking them it's like they don't have real customer support. I asked for them to escalate me to a manager, refused, they say they are equipped with everything to answer my questions. asked to escalate. and finally managed to get someone to take my number down to arrange for someone to call me. Currently waiting! note my shower is in a couple of days and they are going to screw me over hard if the order is not here by then!

Tip for consumers: DOn't use this site if you are in Canada. Used to be good now not anymore!Worst customer service in existence.

courtneyh108
11/4/18

They have a great choice of brand clothes. If you ask me some things are little to expensive, but if you are following trands you can find some good clothes for little money.

carys41
11/3/18

A total disaster. I purchased a "raincoat" that was worse than wearing nothing, followed their return/refund procedures precisely, saw that the refund tracked as "in transit" for 2 1/2 weeks, contacted them and they claimed that the product had apparently been "lost" and they would turn the problem over to their resolution specialists. $80 down the drain.

billyj56
11/2/18

The service is always excellent! The website has full detailed description and photo of items, usually purchases comes on time. Several times my packages were lost, but Asos sent a new ones very fast. Great store for online shopping.

breew8
11/1/18

the second issue i had occurred when i placed an order that was lost by the carrier. the tracking notified me that the package was set to be delivered to me 2 days before my delivery date that ASOS advised. however, the carrier lost the package. when i contacted ASOS they told me that i still had to wait until it was THEIR delivery date before they would do anything about the issue. the customer service rep who was chatting with was completely rude and told me that i still needed to wait, even after i told her that the package was lost by the carrier so the point of having to wait seemed worthless. you would think that when a customers' package is lost they would just reship the item and cancel the lost the one but no. they are very dismissive and very unhelpful.

stephaniet146
11/1/18

Asos stole my money . In fact, I ordered on August 08 and I never received my order after 3 months. They asked me to wait until September 24. I never received anything. They apparently "sent" another package and told me to wait until November 01. My concern is that they never had tracking number and of course for the second package they didn't use tracking number neither. Today we are November 01 and someone asked me again to wait until November 04 now. She just end up the chat when I said that I was reading the reviews about ASOS online and I saw that the customers got a lot of problem as well. I informed that I will go to the police because since 3 month, Asos staff always repeat me the same thing and she just end up the chat. They stole my money and I don't believe them anymore. I asked to be refund but they always repeat me to wait until a new date to be able to look forward for me. So what is their plan after 3 months?
They also repeat me non stop to call my post office, so I did but my post office always tell me that they cannot help me without tracking number.
I am so upset now because I don't know what to do. I spent 100 and I don't have tracking number. It has been 3 months. I checked the address, this is correct.
VERY BAD EXPERIENCE

justins317
11/1/18

I use to REALLY enjoy shopping here, this past order has been by far the absolute worse experince I have EVER experienced while shopping. I order one coat a single item around the very beginning of the month, it was expected to arrive around the 28th which was fine. I bought the item because I was going out of town and had no coat and was leaving the 1st of the following month. Well the expected date arives and behold no package. I contacted customer support and this is when it took a turn for the worst. They argued over and over for almost 20 minutes until finally saying we needed a extra day for shipping it will be there the 30th. Two days pass and still no package so I contact them again. And the proceed to continue to tell me oh the date of arival was changed now to the 31st. At this point I was frustrated and anxious since I was going to a new city with out a coat because I was relying on them. And asked the customer care lady "it will ABSOLUTELY be here tomorrow right? No matter what you are tracking it and it will be here" and she told me yes. So the 31st comes usps has been to my house already and no package. I contact ASOS again and they tell me the same thing "wait till the end of the day it will be there by today" I explained usps has already been to my house and they proceeded to tell me to wait it will be there today and ended the chat on me before finishing the conversation. Here comes the big issue. Of course it didn't arrive it's now the 1st of next month I went out and bought something new in place of the jacket I planned to have. That morning I recived a email stating that my package JUST SHIPPED ALMOST 3 WEEKS LATER. I tried contacting customer support again. Not just about the package being gone, but now for the terrible customer support. He argued back and fourth for awhile he told me "it's now expected Nov. 06 wait until the end of the day, if it's not there by Nov. 09 then we can look into it" although he acknowledged that it's incredibly late. And offered me 4.99 back on the product and said look at our website for promo discounts in exchange for the bad customer support. I asked to speak to a supervisor or anyone able to help me since clearly this situation was above his capability but he refused and just like the last lady I spoke to closed the chat before meeting a resolution. Long story short WORST place to buy anything

ankitat
10/29/18

The staff is rude and i was sent dirty n filthy earings twice and when i follwed it up i was told different answers by different people .. firts i was told its a warehouse issue and refund will be provided and didn't receive any confirmation and later on i was denied the refund because of some non sense excuse saying it was a lighting isue which i did not understand.... i am never buying anything from here purely because the staff is so rude and disrespectful... con artists

carlyh25
10/27/18

Useless. In breach of contract and say they can't do anything for another 3 days. They're already 2 days late - you'd think they would want to do something about that but apparently they don't care. Meanwhile, over £400 of my belongings are sat somewhere in Wembley according to my tracking information with no explanation! So either ASOS think it's ok for couriers to steal people's orders, or they think it's ok for couriers to do whatever they like with your stuff for 4-5 days before they actually give you your order! Either one...ridiculous!

jodiey
10/25/18

ASOS lost my parcel worth over £150, Hermes confirmed the parcel was lost, ASOS refused to act on the missing parcel until 10 days later! And I'm still waiting!!
The customer service team are rude and to be honest do not care in the slightest. The use templates for their email replies and do not even bother to look trough your previous emails before replying. They also assure you they have escalated your complaint and will send you another parcel for another member of staff to then tell you, after you contact them again(!), this has never been done and their not allowed to do it. So basically tell you lies!

georgek120
10/19/18

Short tone, no effort to deal with my shipping and customs issie. Horrible experience, instead of actually trying to help and explain the situation I was just told to check their help forums.

luckyv3
10/18/18

I have many times order from ASOS.com

service really bad and all times send my order wrong sizes and wrong colors
and ASOS.com charge over and then I go online chat with some one from ASOS
ask them reason why over charges my order they tell me because your order international web,...... I don't know on the web ASOS show us dollar but they count currency I don't understand

liamg26
10/17/18

The issues with delivery and mixed up items is just too much for me to continue using this site... not recommended

daniellec176
10/13/18

Ordered 2 pairs of shoes... Only received one... They of course lied & told me they couldn't even find my order to begin with when I gave the lady the order number... I already knew at that moment she was wasting my time... Blah blah then she gives me that copy & pasted "we've sent this case to our specialist you'll get an email in 48 hours" yada yada yada... I just opened a dispute with PayPal to try to get my money back... Don't trust these influences. Do your own research, a simple search of these horrid reviews that I'm reading now would have saved me so much stress. DON'T DO IT. BUY ELSEWHERE

kateg100
10/12/18

Returned my order with the label provided in the bag. The package lost - and its been 20 days!!! Contacted them - and they dont have a generated labels confirmation and they dont track them. I should've take a picture of the label - that what they said. And closed chat with me. WHAT?? Worst customer service!!! Not sure if I even gonna get my money back... left with no clothes and no money!! Dont buy from them!

katej64
10/11/18

ASOS are absolutely shocking. After sending my order to a wrong address in a wrong country TWICE!!! They now tell me the delivery left the order behind the recycling bin and so I should check there. I live in the Netherlands so a little hard for me to check. Customer service staff keep copying and pasting the same message to me and are refusing to refund. I am honestly appalled by this out of this world terrible service. No refund for over a month now. No comprehensive responses from the team other than me asking to continue waiting

surjitm1
10/2/18

Had parcel delivered open with 2 items missing. Sent cctv photo to customer service showing driver holding box open & they blocked my account.

soznig
9/29/18

Disgusting service!

Placed an order and recieved a text saying it has been delivered with the neighbour no 17.

Went to get them our neighbour seems to have never received them, after went through the help chat services and raised a request for enquiry. I waited for an answer but nothing for a week. I had to call asos customer service and then they mention, it has been dropped in no 20 not 17? Checked with the neighbour again and they confirmed the same never got it'.

At this point, I did not knew what to do and advised Asos to have it collected from the same place wherever the driver has left it.

Hence, I thought everything would be resolved by now, but this morning recieved an email from ASOS,

"My name is Isobel, I'm one of the supervisors here working alongside Paul. He's not in over the weekends, so this has been passed to myself. Thanks for getting in touch, I hope you're well!

I've just been in touch with DPD and they have advised me that they have a signature match for someone with that name at number 20 from a couple of previous deliveries. As such, they have deemed this correctly delivered and we'll no longer be able to take this any further. From this point on, this would be a civil matter between yourselves and your neighbours. I appreciate this isn't the answer you were looking for, and for that I do apologise.

If there's anything else I can do for you, let me know and I'd love to help.
Best Wishes,

Isobel
ASOS Customer Care"

I do not understand if the neighbours are claiming they have not recieved it then, how can ASOS ask their customer to enquire something without evidence. The signature they are claiming has not been shared with me yet.

I just want my refund back as I never recieved the order I have placed them, is that too much too ask? If the driver delivers in the wrong place and cannot locate them, is that the customer problem. I feel like a Ping Pong ball chasing with neighbour 17, 20, DPD anf Asos with no results. Disgusting really.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Never had an issue and i've been ordering from them for the past 5 years. I also live in New York. I get my packages in a timely manner. I've placed rush delivery, got orders on time. The same with standard. Even my returns have been simple. Never had an issue with Asos.

By Ms S.

Doubt it, I don't think they sell any knock off's. Depending on the print you got, some of them don't have stripes. Hope that helps.

By Daria d.

Complain about Asos through the Retail Ombudsman, if more people complain about companies like Asos they will have no choice but to improve their service to their customers.

By Jackie B.

Look, as I wrote here I shopped with them many times and I was never disappointed. I don't know where you buy from, but I live in Italy and it doesn't take more than 4-5 working days for them to deliver the package. If you're concerned about the quality, well, it's not really top-notch, but considering the price it's really good (you can't expect Max Mara quality from a shirt you paid 20 euros). As for the fit be careful because those are UK sizes and they are definitely NOT vanity sizing! Meaning: when you read "model pictured wears UK 8" you may think "they're lying, she's clearly a 6" but they're actually not in most cases. I have a body similar to that of most of their models, I ordered size 6 twice and it was a tiny bit small. So size accordingly. All in all I trust them and I like their product. Perfect low-cost site to shop from online.

By Maddalena R.

It depends on where you live I guess? I live in Iowa and most of the times it says it ships from New Jersey. The longest time it ever took to ship to me was 7 days but I've received it in 4 before

By marissa h.

I've honestly never had any problems with this company. Like, I order, it ships quickly, I get my goods, if I don't like it, I ship it back with their free returns and I get my money back. The only dirty thing they do is price gauging. Like, go on the UK site and jot down an items price and then switch to the US site (My country, as an example) and do the math on the GBP to USD exchange rate and then compare the two site prices and BOOM: the US site is always more expensive than the UK site. I always buy things from the UK site now

By Lizzie L.

How about boots?

By Ieva E.

Ditto with P S.'s answer

By Audrey Y.

No import taxes and yes the shoes were cute and well made.

By D R.

DO NOT!!! They do not appreciate anyone's business. Customer Service is absolutely terrible and their will be a problem with your order - TRUST!

By a s.
Questions? Get answers from the ASOS staff and other customers.

ASOS?