Review of ASOS

Tel: +44 20 7483 1888
marketing@asos.com

sandyl106
8/21/18

I placed a order for 4 pairs. I discovered to my surprise that I had to pay CAD 100 in duty taxes. When the order arrived, all the shoes were one or two sizes bigger. Now I have to return them, hoping that they will receive the package, otherwise I will not get a refund. What's more, I have to pay for the return. The website information displayed on the items description is misleading: "free delivery and returns". Returns are NOT pre-paid.

robind134
8/18/18

They sent a wrong size on my ordered shoes. I tried to communicate with them by chat and they kept insisting that I was wrong. I took the picture of the box and uploaded to prove them and I they discontinued the chart. I sent emails but did not get anyone's attention. So I reordered and attached multiple notes so they won't mess up again. Sure enough the second order came a whole size smaller and without a box. I tried to communicate again to resolve this. Spent two days going back and forth but did not get anywhere and only got aggravated. And the size I ordered is no longer available. I have two pairs now to return and in the end got no shoes.

sj96
8/18/18

I placed any order using paypal to pay for my order. Well the ASOS website indicated that there was a problem processing the payment. Long story short. There was no order, I was charged anyway three times. There customer service is a joke. The chat only works periodically, the email doesn't work at all, and the person messenger keeps referring you to their email for resolution. I disputed the charges with paypal and reporting them to the fraud unit at my bank. I am so over this experience.

kellsk
8/18/18

Been a month since I placed my order and still NEVER received it. The online tracking says the order was delivered when I was not home. No calls/notes left - how am I supposed to know how/where the order was left? Attempts to contact Customer Service on six separate times all to no avail. Same thing's been repeated over and over, 'we'll get in touch within 12 days'. I've shopped with many others but this never happened. You, ASOS, have the information you need: contact details, etc. You could've contacted when my order reached and I wasn't home. You could've done better. An absolute terrible experience. Beyond disappointing!!

lisaw479
8/16/18

If I could give a company minus stars I would, the customer care is more than useless. Twice I had issues with delivery and twice the customer care was just appalling. They basically leave it to you to deal with this with the carrier. Absolutely pathetic

lienea
8/16/18

I am really dissapointed. Shopped for the first time at Asos and bought expensive Nike shoes, I ordered size 38, but they send me 37,5. Shoes I really liked but they are too small because they made mistake. Now I have to send it back and wait for refund. Such a waste of time :(
I have shopped in other online stores for years but they never made mistakes like this. It is really dissapointing!

aliciay4
8/16/18

Worst customer chat help, it is so useless it makes you cry: bought the item on 30th June 2018, it came the next day. I ordered a dress but a pair of jeans came in its place, took photos of the error, sent it back on 4th July 2018, Royal Mail says it has arrived. No refund, wrote to customer service 5 times seperate times, each time asking for me to wait 10-12 business days, which i patiently did. it is now 16th Aug 2018, still no avail. All i ask for is for my £16.50 to be refunded, which is rightfully mine. Escalated to PayPal, no response from seller (ASOS). Still waiting for my money to be returned. I won't be buying from ASOS again unless absolutely necessary. This used to be such a reliable website... but something happened to it and its all up in smoke now.

lydiah47
8/16/18

Absolutely disgusted by rudeness of one of
The supposed customer services care assistant GABRIELLE who needs to be retrained in customer etiquette!! She has the audacity to call me liar about missing items from my order and this being me second order in 2 years !!!

I have to say I'm absolutely disgusted in the email and response! I placed one order last year with you and then this one and your calling me a liar ! Saying that I've kept goods when I've tried to deal with this quickly and provided evidence to show you that items were missing from my order due to the packaging being wide open! I took photos and got in contact with you straight away! And now your telling me that your not going to be having any further contact with me! Well the items I received are unsuitable and I am entitled to a refund as per statuary customer rights! I wanted these items for my holiday hence why I've been in contact straight away and you are calling me a liar ! I think it's rude and extremely poor customer service the snotty email that's been sent to me!
Absolutely disgusting !!

If I had been placing lots of orders and claim items were missing' I could possibly understand why you may have sent the email but this is my 2ND ORDER IN 2 FRIGGING YEARS

I SHOWED YOU PHOTOS
OF HOW THE PACKAGE WAS GIVEN TO
ME AND WHAT ITEMS WERE INSIDE!

Further more I've since refunded the 5 items took pictures of what I was returning and a picture of the proof of postage and yet I've still only been refunded for 3 pairs of shoes!!! What the actually FRIGG!! The. Complete incompetence of this company is shocking !

radiam
8/15/18

Never received my order , I contact customer service but no answer from them! This is my first order from this company and the last one. I don't recommend buying from them!

mollyl38
8/14/18

I am extremely frustrated, I spent over $400 at ASOS and instead of receiving all of the clothes, I received a 25 lb weight in the mail. They totally scammed me, no one from customer service is responding, there is no way to get in touch with them, there goes my paycheck from last week, super disappointing:(

mariannea12
8/13/18

I received the wrong item, which I reported to the ASOS customer service via their site. So far I have sent 4 messages, but have received no response. It's been 3 weeks and there is no way to get in touch with them to find out what I can do to get my money back or to get the right item. Complete radio silence. Will not order here again. If something goes wrong there is no support and no way to get things rectified.

haleym46
8/12/18

Order took so long to get here, was charged half my order price in customs and they didn't fit so had to pay another 22.50 for shipping. What a waste of money.

congc
8/9/18

I attempted to buy some jeans today on Asos clothing website. I found some jeans and added to cart and noticed their 10% discount for students. After their website logs me out of my email address I wanted to use, they wouldnt allow me to log in for some reason... So i made another account with my other email. Then i had to sign up for their 10% student discount after that. Then I go to my email for the discount to (i thought to easily plug in and then order) and then the website says for the third time that it's having technical difficulties, and says "just contact customer support" as if we all know that's anything but just easy. I try contacting them and cant even find any support to send my photo ID from my school to verify I am actually a student. Worst experience of trying to buy anything online ever. I dont even want to buy their jeans anymore because of their malfunctioning website and in my opinion: such a dumb requirement to verify with a picture ID that you're a student. It's just wayy over the top and pitiful to have to figure out for another hour if I actually sent my photo to the right customer service address.... Wherever the crap that would be that they help guide you to! Very bad experience indeed for an online shopping G.

natalier75
8/9/18

Made an online order and due to ASOS checkout glitch I was charged twice (their CS confirmed it was their glitch on their end) Got generic answers from 4 different people at the same time in Facebook messenger (their live chat was broken), then when the 48hrs was up and it still wasn't resolved they ignored my messages for about 3 days. When I posted on to their wall they told me they had been too busy to resolve it and someone would get back to me. Surprise surprise no one did. I ended up opening a case with PayPal and resolving it with them. PayPal were very helpful and said they couldn't understand why ASOS didn't just refund the charge. ASOS have no CS phone number in Australia. They since refuse to deactivate my account so my personal details are still stored with them. Super frustrating experience.

mr169
8/7/18

Been shopping with ASOS for years now but recently it seems like they went from being one of my favourite online shops to one of the worst I've ever dealt with. Customer service is beyond abysmal and a nightmare. I placed an order and within an hour of doing so, my credit card was charged. Which was fine, except I didn't receive a confirmation email that my order was placed. Waited another day, still no email. I contacted them via chat and they said they can't find my order and they would pass it along to their specialist team to look further into this matter and that they would get back to me within 48 hours. 48 hours came and STILL NO WORD. I emailed them, nothing. I reached out via Twitter and it seems like it's a different person on there every half hour because they kept asking me again and again for the same information, and that they can't find my order.

Then they replied and said they looked into it and the reason they can't find my order is because my credit card declined the purchase. UTTER GARBAGE, as prior to contacting them, I contacted my bank to confirm if the purchase went through, and it did!! So ASOS just flat out lied to me! I tweeted them again to say this THEN THEY THREATENED TO BLOCK ME. Geezuz.

Still no word if they're planning to refund me. Can't believe they've turned into scamming thieves, but that's the truth. Take your money elsewhere, it's so not worth shopping at ASOS.

kimberlynb1
8/7/18

despite being a fantastic online store, do not deliver on time. You program to buy the product and tell it to arrive on time and not enough. I do not recommend.

kristinae21
8/6/18

Worst!!!! If you want to lose your money and your patience shop in ASOS. Fraud. They are bunch of dishonest people. Made an order said it will arrive on this date and nothing.
Then the customer service leanne said if you want to return your goods we will provide a full refund.Return it within 28 days. Wow really....you can give a timeline and you don't even know how to deliver the orders on time. ASOS is a waste of money.

jennyb115
8/6/18

I ordered a maternity dress and top for my first night away with my husband since our daughter was born 16 months ago. The order arrived 2 days later than expected (too late for our date). I was still excited to receive the package but turns out they sent me the wrong dress and the shirt was in the wrong size! Customer service has offered nothing except to "get back to me" within 10 days?? I'm returning them today, but from reading other reviews I'm worried I won't be getting my money back anytime soon.

juliaa81
8/5/18

I have been waiting for my refund for 4 months. This is inexcusable!!! Do NEVER pay by credit card or you might never see your money again.

johnf738
8/4/18

Horrible customer service. Paid for 2 day shipping and 6 days later do not have the order. no personal replies to emails and no way to contact them. Pathetic! Do not buy from this company, you will make a mistake! ZERO STARS

courtneym133
8/3/18

I ordered a Ted Baker dress that I had been searching for for months. They sent the wrong size so I contacted customer service to request an exchange. Instead they refunded my money and said the dress is out of stock. The problem is, I would rather have kept the wrong size they sent than not have it at all, so I asked if they could cancel the refund because I wanted to keep it. They said they can't and that I have to return the dress even though I can't purchase another in the correct size. It was a terrible experience because I feel I'm an honest person and would like to pay for the dress. So now they're out $130, because I'm not returning it. All they had to do to prevent this situation was inform me the dress is out of stock and ask if I would like a refund or if I would like to keep the dress, but I guess that's asking too much of them.

divhanim
8/1/18

It's been way over a month and I still haven't received my order. I made my order on the 17th of June and now we are in August and there's no sign of it.

I've tried emailing to find out what the way forward is and if I'll be getting a refund or some remedying of the situation and they aren't responding. They asked me to wait 3 weeks after the set delivery date in July and now it's gone and past. They also have this set template about checking with neighbours and the post office which I have done to no avail.

The customer service has been appalling, I needed the items for a special occasion and they didn't keep their end of the deal which has been extremely disappointing. What's even more disappointing is the lack of accountability prevalent in how they are handling the situation. This has really tainted my views about them and their brand.

Why promise things to your customers when you can't deliver? I've lost out on money that I could've used for something else.

anam238
7/25/18

It's been a month and have not receive my items or a refund. Horrible customer service!!! I have contacted 5 times and every time they keep telling me they are busy and need another 7 days to investigate and a couple times I got hung up! This place is a Scam Business. DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THEM!!

saram268
7/24/18

Still waiting on my order after a month, still waiting on my money back. No answer from the costumer service. One replied "I'm gonna end the chat now, take care" after my complaints.

dumitrub1
7/23/18

don't know what is with ASOS last time some one stole my package and they said i that I am a liar is the worst experience in life number of my order 344442925

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Never had an issue and i've been ordering from them for the past 5 years. I also live in New York. I get my packages in a timely manner. I've placed rush delivery, got orders on time. The same with standard. Even my returns have been simple. Never had an issue with Asos.

By Ms S.

Doubt it, I don't think they sell any knock off's. Depending on the print you got, some of them don't have stripes. Hope that helps.

By Daria d.

Look, as I wrote here I shopped with them many times and I was never disappointed. I don't know where you buy from, but I live in Italy and it doesn't take more than 4-5 working days for them to deliver the package. If you're concerned about the quality, well, it's not really top-notch, but considering the price it's really good (you can't expect Max Mara quality from a shirt you paid 20 euros). As for the fit be careful because those are UK sizes and they are definitely NOT vanity sizing! Meaning: when you read "model pictured wears UK 8" you may think "they're lying, she's clearly a 6" but they're actually not in most cases. I have a body similar to that of most of their models, I ordered size 6 twice and it was a tiny bit small. So size accordingly. All in all I trust them and I like their product. Perfect low-cost site to shop from online.

By Maddalena R.

It depends on where you live I guess? I live in Iowa and most of the times it says it ships from New Jersey. The longest time it ever took to ship to me was 7 days but I've received it in 4 before

By marissa h.

I've honestly never had any problems with this company. Like, I order, it ships quickly, I get my goods, if I don't like it, I ship it back with their free returns and I get my money back. The only dirty thing they do is price gauging. Like, go on the UK site and jot down an items price and then switch to the US site (My country, as an example) and do the math on the GBP to USD exchange rate and then compare the two site prices and BOOM: the US site is always more expensive than the UK site. I always buy things from the UK site now

By Lizzie L.

0843 459 7278

By Assad Y.

How about boots?

By Ieva E.

Ditto with P S.'s answer

By Audrey Y.

No import taxes and yes the shoes were cute and well made.

By D R.

By Lizzie L.
Questions? Get answers from the ASOS staff and other customers.

13 Photos for ASOS