Review of Boohoo

Manchester, M1 2EH, UK
customerservices@boohoo.com

tamarah13
1/11/19

Hello everyone, do not trust Boohoo because they are scammers and they are never at fault. They took money from my bank account instead of refunding it on January 3rd 2019. Jack, Siobhan and Tasmin have been consistent in telling fibs. Siobhan and Jack said my money would be returned on the 10th. It was not. Then Tasmin said my money would settle on the 11th it did not. My bank has confirmed that they charged me instead of refunding me. To make matters worse they have not offered me anything but every morning since the 3rd I get more texts from customer service reps who tell me the finance team did not debit my account which are all lies. I never received what I ordered on November 14th and today is January 12th 2019. They never take accountability and blame the customers for their mistakes. I will never deal with them again. I have repeatedly sent screen shots showing them how the finance team took my money to the point that I said look at the minus sign where the transaction took place. I am filing all the texts on Instagram and the screen shots with my formal complaint with the attorney general and the better business bureau. By law a merchant can only hold your money 7 days and we are way beyond that point.

aldao
1/5/19

After having waited about 10 days past when my order should have arrived, I contacted the customer service, which couldn't tell me anything about where my order was and told me to wait two more days. Then when those 2 days had passed I contacted them again and then they told me that the order had been lost in transit. They offered zero compensation and didn't offer me anything to make up for it, and they couldn't even reship my order. Obviously they had to refund me the whole order as I didn't get any of the items I ordered, but that was it. There was a sale when I ordered so now everything is much more expensive and they told me it was just too bad and if I wanted those items I'd just have to order again (and then hope that that order will arrive) which I obviously did not do.

chelanav
1/5/19

So I placed an order a week ago (early January 2019) because the whole website advertised "60% off" as exciting as that is the pricing was great so it seemed! I ordered my items about 109$ worth and waited my confirmation! It took 5 days to get a confirmation and another couple days for a shipping email. Still haven't received my items. So I was watching a boohoo haul on YouTube to check the quality of the clothing via review and I noticed the ALSO %60 off code she had had for her promo ! So I tried to recheck out the same items I'm awaiting to see about saving money if possible! It worked and I got the %60 off plus another %60 off at check out! Couple days later I get an email saying "%80 off sitrwide on boohoo" I'm thinking $#*! yeah %80 plus another 60? Cool so I go check out some stuff and they totally are pinning their customers to make it look like your saving but they ADJUSTED THEIR PRICES HIGHER TO MAKE IT LOOK LIKE THE %80 OFF WASA GOOD DEAL ! The boots I ordered exactly a day before, for $20 before any promo added, was now "80% off" rather than the 60" it was when I ordered it and somehow it was MORE EXPENSIVE! Now 25$ ! They are changing their prices and advertising a promotion that isn't valid, they're scamming customers to get customers ! Still awaiting my order currently too! Smh

schuylern1
1/4/19

Liars!! Have messed my daughter around for over 24 hours about her order and then only tell the truth when I step in. They told us the order was dispatched on the 1st January and today they tell me it's still at the warehouse.... clearly have no regard for customer service or even care that much. They have said reorder the goods for next day delivery today and then claim a refund! So basically pay out twice and then wait ages for a refund. Am I confident if I do this I will get the dress by tomorrow..... errrrr NO!!!!!!Rest assured we will not be using you ever again !!!!

victorias222
1/4/19

I paid for premier delivery and because I was actually using it Boohoo revoked it. It says nothing in their T and c's about what is considered misuse. I asked for proof that I had misused the premier delivery service but that did not happen. They are ageist and a joke.

zacs6
12/22/18

It may be cheap, but it is garbage.
Customer service is garbage.
They blame their customers for their mistakes.

cassandras27
12/19/18

I've been ordering stuff from Boohoo for about 2 years now and have not had any problems. Shipping usually takes about 2 weeks, so if I need something for a specific time, I plan ahead. I've never had issues with returns. Clothes fit true to size and they usually have some sort of sale going on everyday.

milliec13
12/19/18

Wasted about 200$ on awful, ill fitting clothing. Had to return all of it. Will never buy here again.

markh759
12/19/18

Placed my first ordered ready for Christmas. Chose to have it delivered to a HubBox address. Later the next day that I paid delivery for I got a message via MyHermes (they are a joke in themselves) saying they tried to deliver to my home address.
, even though I chose the HuBox. To make it worse I was in all day as my work plans changed last minute but no one pressed my intercom in my apartment, and no neibhour got buzzed as there is only 6 of us. BooHoo has no number to call just Twitter messaging and that's where it get really stupid. They accused me of choosing a delivery point that cannot be guaranteed, and this is after I had to prove I selected the HubBox in the first place. All they keep saying is it is out for delivery tomorrow. After 5 times of telling them I'll not be here tomorrow they just said they cannot do anything. BooHoo or BahHumbug.

terrih93
12/17/18

I PLACE A ORDER IN JULY NEVER RECEIVED. AFTER LOOKING AT ALL THESE HORRIBLE REVIEWS..I WILL NEVER EVER BUY FROM ANY ASIAN WEBSITE AGAIN. I DON'T CARE HOW HONEST THEY ARE. PEOPLE LIKE THIS WE HAVE GOT TO STOP PATRONIZING THEM. THEY KNOW WE ARE DUMB.. ALWAYS LOOKING FOR CHEAPER PRICES SO THE SCAM THE HELL OUT OF US. I'M DONE...LESSON LEARN.

angieh97
12/14/18

One of the worst experiences shopping online I've ever had. I order >$150 worth of stuff so I could get free shipping but as I checked out, something sold out and I was charged $12 for shipping. I emailed them twice and they refused to give me a refund for the shipping I was $3 under. You're a company what is $12 to you? During my checkout I didn't even see the delivery fee until after my order was confirmed. Not only that, but the clothes are so low quality, some parts of the stitching was coming out before I even tried it on. Don't buy from this site, I've told all my friends at University of this experience and they won't be purchasing from here either. I've never experienced such unprofessional and unaccomadating customer service in my life and I've been online shopping for over 8 years. For some reason I can't add photos but I've also left reviews on Influenster if you want to see them there.

saraha136
12/14/18

I ordered a package on 11/8. It was transferred to the USPS delivery system upon arriving in the US. The package never came, so upon communication with the customer service department from Boohoo, I was instructed to communicate with USPS. After multiple hours of phone calls, emails, and visits to various USPS sites, my package is un-find-able. Throughout this six week process, I've been communicating with Boohoo, who keeps telling me to work it out with USPS. My final communication with USPS was that all of the tracking numbers provided were invalid and they do not have my package. I went back to Boohoo and they tell me they cannot reimburse me until the package is returned. SIX WEEKS I've been waiting for this package, and it should've long been returned - IF USPS COULD EVEN FIND IT. So basically, I'm out of money, and don't have my order. Thanks Boohoo. Excellent customer service. I hope my bad review inspires change, and potential customers to reconsider before ordering, due to the lack of support and thievery of my money.

ebonyr12
12/11/18

I ordered something from the website on Black Friday. I received a tracking number from them a week later. The tracking number said my package was delivered either at the club house or my house. TELL ME WHY THE TRACKING NUMBER WAS SAYING I ORDERED BACK IN JULY. This is impossible since I ordered in November. I messaged them and they tell me twice that they aren't going to do a refund and I have to re order. So I proceeded to explain and attach pictures of my order to show the date I ordered my package. I receive another message from them saying it was delivered but I have not received it yet. they tell me they aren't going to send me out my package again. I will have to reorder, I will only receive a refund if I agree to the 6 terms and conditions. which is the police coming to my house to see if I received my package, I can be prosecuted if I'm lying, I have to tell them when I get the package. This is sad, ridiculous, and unprofessional on boohoo.

marivicn
12/10/18

So on Thursday around lunch time I clicked on a "60% off everything" Ad of BooHoo's website. I checked it out and they had an amazing deal going on with a great variety of clothing/boots I really liked. I found a lot of things I was interested in buying and placed them in my cart. I watched BooHoo haul videos on youtube to make sure this was a company I could trust and they were all positive reviews on their products. I went on google, ended up finding so many negative reviews including trustpilot of BooHoo and it made me think twice on placing my order. Thursday night I went ahead and gave them a chance. I ordered using Afterpay and got my confirmation email. Every company has their fair share of negative reviews that's why I took the chance. I paid extra for the USA Express Shipping which is supposed to take 2-3 days to deliver. Mind you, I ordered on Thursday around midnight of Friday Dec 7. I got a text Friday morning at 10am saying my delivery is scheduled for delivery on Monday Dec 10. Today is Saturday December 8 and I received my order around 10am instead of on Monday!! OMG you guys!!! I am not kidding!! It was by far the fastest shipping for anything I've ever ordered online. That's not even 2 days. Here are some things to consider though I live in Louisville, KY and my address is of a house. I don't live in an apartment so I don't know how packages are received for apt tenants. I also received a text and email regarding my tracking number with DHL. The text that I got on Friday morning shows when my order is scheduled to deliver by, it also tells me to click the link on the message to authorize delivery without signature or for other delivery options. This is very important because I don't think the courier will leave it without your approval. I also specifically said on there for them to leave it on the doorstep of my side garage (which is safer cos people won't see the package in front of my house, lowers chances of it getting stolen). Now the package I got is a huge BooHoo bag not a box. I think the design on the bag was really cute. Go on instagram, checkout #BooHoo, and you'll see what the bag looks like. Some people posted vids on their stories of receiving the bag. Another thing is that people have said it's normal for them to receive more than one bag (separate deliveries) especially if they've ordered a lot of items. Hopefully this gave y'all an idea and helped in any way. I also use ParcelTrack which is an app that lets me track everything I order via tracking number for any courier. It notifies me wherever my order is. I received the order from Lancashire, UK to Louisville, KY in 34 hours. Everything I ordered fit really well including the boots I got.

sandrag390
12/6/18

Shameless company, stay away!!They keep people for fools, I ordered
dress for important occasion, paid for express next day delivery the
most expensive option from all. When i didn't received my postage for 3
days contacted them via mail and Facebook. Provided screenshots of my
order as a proof, absolutely no help! Neither refund for expensive
postage was offered, instead of dealing with this situation and send me
delivery within 24 hours suggested to wait another 7 days !! I guarantee
all those 5 star reviews are scam from company employees, no way it
matches reality!! Suggested that i didn't choose next day delivery
therefore they didn't send :) The most ridiculous excuse, which does not
match with the logs of money deducted from my account, such impudence!P.S.
plus sent to me what supposed to be tracking for "fastway" courier
which was not valid, screenshot saved as a proof, clowns.

evanm98
12/1/18

So I ordered two jackets, a fur one and a curdoroy one. The overall quality on the two items were decent at best. However, you could tell that by how cheap the items just by the price. Like a fur purka, only $40, so obviously it's not be Canadian Goose level. I was more worried about my order getting here in a month, like what most reviews said what had happened to their order. But I got my two items in 5 business days, which they said it would be here in 8 business days, so that relieved my worry. So overall, if your like me if you care more about how clothing looks and not that much about the quality, and very cheap, I would recommend boohoo. Oh yeah, the items fit me okay, too.

stephaniem419
12/1/18

I ordered from BooHoo with extreme caution because I ordered an outfit from Fashion Nova 5 days before and I was already having issues with them not shipping at all soooooo I took the risk and ordered from BooHoo... I have to say I am so impressed! BooHoo not only delivered ASAP but they sent me a courtesy email letting me know that they did not have something I ordered in stock and they would process the refund immediately. I received the refund today, and my package came from them 2 days ago. Everything was nice as expected, although I did order a size up just to be safe and the pants I ordered I will gift to someone - but I have no disappointments with this site whatsoever. Meanwhile, Fashion Nova took 8 days to even ship my stuff (11 to get to me)and the most expensive item was missing ($70) and it took for ME to reach out and let them know about it before they claimed that they will issue me a credit (which I still haven't received yet) I will order from BOOHOO again any day over FN.

ss402
11/30/18

They put up Black Friday Sale and offered free delivery on all orders. This is 9 days, you don't get told until you have already paid. I send them a long email and they reply with a short, rude and mispelt email which sounds like a 15 year old wrote it.

It is horrific, I normally order from here but I think I am done.

lindsayc42
11/30/18

I've made 3 large orders with this website. The clothes are inexpensive and trendy, similar to Forever 21. I have been semi happy with the items for the prices. They also do size lines in tall/petite/ maternity. If you're looking for fun vacation clothes or festival clothes, this is my new favourite, but its a shot in the dark if you get something cute or incredibly $#*!ty. Their site is a weird one where everything is always 40-50% off, so never buy things in a rare time this sale isn't happening. Also bonus points for this store because their customer service actually replies to you and they were helpful. I'm a 4/6 and I find their size a tiny bit small, so I order size 6 and it's great.

gabrielled14
11/25/18

I ordered two jackets since it seemed like it was pretty on one of my friends. She mentioned it was a cheap and quick buy. I should have headed the word cheap. I would describe this fabric like the kind you can make out of blankets that you can get at a local fabric store and sew together your self. The stitching on the inside of the jacket to sew the sleeves together was so bulky, itchy, and uncomfortable. I could feel it all of the way down my arm from pit to wrist. I couldn't believe that there was no lining on the inside of the jacket! I will not risk buying again. I've had such horrible online buying experiences and this one has just been added to the list. I would still rather go shopping in person for items to avoid this hot mess. At least in person, you can touch, see, feel, and try on the clothing to ensure it is not a total waste of time waiting, shopping, returning, and waiting for your refund. Please* do not allow the "made in italy" on the tag fool you into thinking it means it is high quality. It's just like it stating "made in china".

alexandrae21
10/27/18

I've ordered from boohoo in the past without expiditied shipping and I thought I would get my package within a week but I didn't get it til two weeks or so after so I couldn't use what I wanted for going out.

This time I gave it another try really pretty off the shoulder body con dress. I expedited it 15 dollars and it came exactly two days after I ordered it which is great I can wear it for my baby shower! It was just like the photo and the fabric in my opinion wasn't bad at all. Especially for 20 dollars (originally 40 but 50% off) I wouldn't think something from UK would actually make it to Brooklyn so fast but it did. So I can't complain or agree with everyone else who has been writing these painful reviews (I know not everyone's situation is the same so I feel for you ladies/men) but my experience was a great one.

The only reason why I wouldn't give 5 stars is just because my dress came very freaking dirty it looked as if it was ran over or something all over the front and back, but I'm gonna try to take it to the cleaners see what they can do hopefully the dirty runs come out cause the dress is beautiful.

okims
10/8/18

I'm surprised this company is still in business. I returned items and didnt get an email like I was supposed to, to confirm they had received order. Finally after near 3 weeks, I received confirmation. I am still waiting for the refund to come through, a month later. Never again. Customer service is non existent and ignore emails. Inconvenient and stressful shopping.
There is many other online companies who offer better service, and even free delivery. Do not waste your time on Boohoo.

aunyaveea
9/27/18

One of the pieces I ordered was too big for me, so I had to return it. They gave me the return label as they promised, I made sure I was doing the right thing by dropping it in the package box at the post office, but two weeks have gone by without a refund! I emailed them but they aren't giving me a straight answer and asking me to come up with info that they should have on file. Not cool, a total waste of time and money. Look elsewhere.

carolineh76
9/26/18

Awful customer service. If I could give them 0 stars I would.
I returned items to them more than 2weeks ago, and have received confirmation from the courier that they were delivered to them 2 days after they were sent.
No refund came through so I contacted them and have just been given the runaround-One agent advised they were not received by them but did not seem to think this warranted further investigation despite the fact I used their return courier service, and another agent implied they had been received (but did not actually confirm this) and when asked why my refund still wasn't processed ignored me completely. I have sent 2 follow up emails, including a complaint through Paypal but have not received a response from the company, and still haven't gotten my refund. Avoid this company at all costs. I certainly wont be using them ever again and will be advising everyone I know to stay away from them!

dt116
9/18/18

As a man I hate clothes shopping but shopping through Boohoo is easy. Stuff is very cheap, good quality and trendy. Returns are also free and easy.

I wouldn't I had to fight so hard for my refund. It took them about 4 months to acknowledge that they had actually received it

By Maddie t.

Yes. I have been a BooHoo shopper for a few years, never had a problem with an order, any returns are refunded quickly and without a fuss. A great place to find that little dress for your party.

By Heidi H.

Whatever you do refuse to repurchase and wait on a refund, it probably will not come for at least six months if at all.

By MARY M.

Iwas a day or so late too and they couldn't have been nicer about it. They actually sent me a replacement before I put the original in the mail back to them. Once I said I wanted a larger size it was just posted to me straight away.

By Anna S.

dont buy from them

By skylah b.

All they have is an email on their customer service site. no phone number...

By Maddy M.

No...run ..don't walk...

By John r.

My order took 4 business days , you should get it between 3-8 business days mines came fast

By Chanel L.

just put your whole address in 1 line and just put a period in the empty line that is wat i did and received my order just fine

By Shelby J.

Small because the sizing is different from American sizes

By Tamara H.
Questions? Get answers from the Boohoo staff and other customers.

Boohoo?