Review of FareDepot

Tel: 866-860-2929
help@Faredepot.com

andreaf124
1/25/19

I was booking usa to india for buisness class. They quoted 6k and said wait 1-3 days for confirmation, next they said card was declined but my account was emptied! That money was for surgery!!

ryanm361
1/7/19

This company scammed me for $1500 and blamed British Airways. Don't read any of their positive reviews, they are all FAKE. Read their 1-star reviews, those are from real users. There are so many better companies for online airfare. Run far away from FareDepot. Crooks! All the way...

mashrurr
12/20/18

I bought a round trip ticket to London from Austin. The fare was $512. I used a credit card. After 6 hours, an email came from the credit card company that the payment was cancelled because it was suspicious. Then I called to the credit card company and they said the purchase was $51200. They declined because it was out of the limit. Now what happened if it would be within the credit limit or I if I would buy with a debit card?

timp229
12/13/18

i've booked with faredepot this morning, and received my booking confirmation and itinerary. I called my family and arranged everything for holidays. After 5,6 hours faredepot send me email requesting me to pay additional $150 for some other flight, because they dont have seats on my flight. Thats not my problem and its up to them to find me some other flight for same price. That's not how you treat your customers and do business

jiayinl
11/27/18

I have booked a flight from SFO to KUL, Dec 31 few minutes ago. But the website didnt state whether i booked successfully. You know nothing even after you paid. This raises my concern whether it is scam.
It show AGENCY CONFIRMATION #: FD-4WZMYEG
But it is blank for CHINA EASTERN AIRLINES CONFIRMATION #:

Also, in the email, it said that we may require Authorization Form to secure payment, which i really do not think this is reasonable. It remind me of booking another flight via ExploreTrip, and fortunately, I success to cancel the booking, and do not submit the form as well, and my money not gone! I appreciate if FareDepot could do the same as ExploreTrip!

I REALLY DO NOT WANT IT TO BE SCAM PLSSSSS
IS THERE A WAY FOR ME TO CANCEL IT RIGHT NOW AND GET BACK MY FULL REFUND

ritar67
11/9/18

I BOOK A FLIGTH ,BUT IMMEDIATLY I CALL THEM CANCEL IT, BECAUSE I PAID WITH DEBIT CARD AND NOT MY CREDIT CARD,AND THEM THEY SENT ME AN EMAIL THAT MY CANCELATION WOULD COST ME 15 DOLLARS,I JUST CANCELLED IN 5 MINUTES WHEN I SEE THE MISTAKE, BY LAW THE CUSTOMER HAVE 24 HOURS TO CANCEL FOR FREE!!!! THEY ARE BREAKING THE LAW!!I HAVE TO SIGN AN AGREEMENT TO PAY THEM , OTHERWISE I WOUL'VE LOST MY TICKET,DESGRACEFULL

nitag4
11/4/18

They are very professional and helpful with my inquiry. They always call back when they said they would get back to me.

I will call again for any future travel plans:)

kellyj153
10/13/18

I booked tickets for Nairobi, got my confirmation than they cancelled the booking without providing a reason. I called them to enquire and they told me that they had called me and spoke with my (which is a total lie) telling me the ticket price had increased after reservation and before ticketing and that I needed to pay more. No one called or emailed to communicate this. So when I called to ask why they cancelled, the prices had changed back and they said they could issue the tickets. yet a quick search on line priced the exact same flights at much lower.

I asked them why they are charging more now than what is on line but they said they could only honor the original price of the booking.

suggest you take your business elsewhere

ghazalai
9/27/18

I bought 2 tickets from fare depot,I received an email from fare depot that my flight schedule has been changed, i replied OK. Today i called to change the ticket but i was told that i have to wait 3 to 4 hours because the agent helping me cannot provide me with change details and new price. Stay away from Purchasing anything from these guys they don't speak English and don't abide by US LAWS. Its been 5 hours i haven't heard back from them.They are Scam as far as my experience has been. Save yourself headaches pay a bit more and go with a reputable Site.

rogelios14
9/19/18

scam! keep away!!!!Itrate de comprar un ticket a Managua y no me mandaron mw eticket por que necesitaban un documento firmado con mi credit card.

mustaphas
9/17/18

their fault made me lose my flight of 1250 I contact airline and they asked me to ask 3rd party to call I keep calling and telling them what to do but keep always trying to put blame on me and no help

hlebt
8/12/18

Hey! Got there from Skyscanner trying to get tickets from FLL to Brazil in business class. They entice you with a sweet but unavailable fare. And they do it for purpose and I have proofs. They "calculate" the price like that: Air fare $2096+taxes $166,25= $1929,74)))))))). And after calling them at 866-860-2929 I got the price of $2400. So I have used another link on Skyscanner to get to Expedia and successfully bought the ticket there at the declared price. Done.

yayaf1
8/3/18

The Service should be Sued and Closed the all customers service is full of $#*!. Booked a flight with them and put an insurance on my ticket and now that I want cancel my ticket 4 days before departure they still charging $400 and telling me to claim my refund from someone i don't even know.

zoea21
7/19/18

Do not book with Faredepot. They failed to process my travel insurance properly and so caused me to lose nearly $1000 in costs because I could not pursue my claim due to their failure. They accepted liability but then stopped responding to my calls and emails!
Further to their reply, I say as follows:
What a joke your reply was. It is a shame that you do not spend more time actually replying to my emails rather than making up fabricated replies to truthful reviews. I still have not received the courtesy of a reply to my email.
1. The fact that you had made an error on not securing my travel insurance ( as admitted by Michael Bolton of your company in writing on 8 June 2018) was not brought to my attention until I tried to make a claim, not at the time I made the reservation. I had no notice of this whatsoever until it was too late. Positively the reverse is true in that I received written confirmation from Faredepot at the point of reservation that I had travel insurance. Written documents do not lie like you seemingly do!
2. AIG have told me that you ignored their efforts to reach out to you to resolve this too. I also have this in writing from AIG.
3. You didn't try to help rebooking reservation as I had confirmed the booking with you so your suggestion that I rebooked with another travel company and tried to subject you to their charges is completely wrong and made up! I continued with the booking as I had everything in writing telling me that I had booked and furthermore that I had travel insurance. I had no reason to suspect otherwise until it was too late when I tried to make a claim.
Faredepot has in writing accepted liability. There is nowhere for you to go with suggesting you are not at fault. I will start to post the written evidence I have to show all on here how you are con artists. I think I will go to the local news station next and get them to do a big special on Faredepot and how they con their customers!

Tip for consumers: Don't book with this company! They lie!

Response from Ryan R., FareDepot Representative
Hi Zoe, as we discussed with you, at the time you made a flight reservation, travel insurance was not purchased by you. AIG TravelGuard did not generate a policy number for your travel and did not charge your card. We spoke to AIG TravelGuard on your behalf, and they agreed that since you did not purchase insurance and a policy number was not generated, you are not protected under the travel insurance privilege. We tried to help you with rebooking your reservation and accommodation, but you decided to book on your own and accept the charges of other travel providers. FareDepot and AIG TravelGuard cannot accept responsibility for payments you to make to other travel providers with an expectation to receive a reimbursement from us. We appreciate your understanding and feedback and we hope you give us another chance. You can call us at 866-860-2929 or email us at Reservations@faredepot.com. Thank you, FareDepot Support.
brankap
7/12/18

Absolute scam. Asked for security check. Sent back email with info on time. Tried to call, constantly on hold for more than an hour. TEN hours later they email me that I did not send reply on time and that the price of the ticket increased for 100$. I took screenshots of the emails I sent and pointed that they were sent on time. They tried to weasel out, I just lost my patience and cancelled the transaction. Total fraud, they get you to commit with low prices, then later they ask for more money.

Tip for consumers: Do not use!!!

Response from Ryan R., FareDepot Representative
Hi, Branka Panic. While processing your reservation, we received a notification of High Risk because you were not the cardholder and the cardholder's name was Eli Mohamad. In addition, the cardholder is different from the passenger traveling. It is our responsibility to make sure that this charge is not done fraudulently. In this example, the passenger was found to have no connection to the cardholder. This raised our suspicion that the card may have been stolen and as a result, we requested additional verification. Although we received the Authorization form in a timely manner, we did not receive your Security Check response until 4 am EST the next day. As stated in our email, we need to receive both the Security Check and Authorization form by 11:59 pm EST, as fares are subject to change. Since the fare had gone up, we notified you of the fare increase. As we discussed, you were not willing to accept the cost of the ticket. As a result, we went ahead and canceled your reservation. We appreciate your understanding and feedback and we hope you give us another chance. You can call us at 866-860- 2929 or email us at Reservations@faredepot.com. Thank you, FareDepot Support.
sanak17
6/15/18

Honestly, I have booked with so many other online travel agencies such as Vayama, My trip, and Expedia and this has to be the worst of it all. I booked a reservation online and maybe 5 hours after, before receiving even my e-ticket or any confirmation, I tried to cancel it. It was so hard to get in touch with someone from their team and when I finally did, the person answered and said there is a $15 charge and when I asked what exactly the charge is for, he said he will speak to his supervisor and hung up on me.
I called back a few hours and was put in touch with a Supervisor, Michael, who was no help. He just gave me the company policy off a script and there was no reasoning with him at all.
What I don't understand is that what are they charging his hidden fee for when the reservation is being cancelled within 24 hours of the booking? And a ticket hasn't even been confirmed at this point so what is the point? Honestly, this taught me to always pay a little extra and book it directly with the website or go through a very trusted online travel agency.

Response from Ryan R., FareDepot Representative
Hi Sana. We apologize for the inconvenience in your travel booking experience. While processing the booking, we received a notification that the booking was High Risk. For your payment security, we asked you to verify a small charge amount on the same credit card which was used to purchase the ticket. Our policy mentions that we are willing to honor the fare while you are completing the verification email and sending it back in a timely manner. When you requested to cancel your ticket, which was still in the 24-hours since you made the booking our agents told you that the fee would be $15. It is the law for the airlines to allow free cancelation within 24-hours but it is not for third-party agencies. We appreciate your understanding and we hope you give us another chance. You can call us at 866-860-2929 or email us at Reservations@faredepot.com. Thank you, FareDepot Support.
ashutoshs9
6/8/18

I had purchased two way air-ticket for my family(my wife and two kids) via faredepot.com on 20th/21st Feb 2018 for 2954.45. As a travel agent - they need to be on top of everything. There is no way one can request "special meal" or "seating request" even when we are paying very high for the air tickets(we made the booking well in advance). On top of it - multiple times - our itinerary got changed by KLM/Airfrance and Delta and these folks(faredepot.com) are clueless - they are telling us when we are already aware of it. So what exactly they are here in this world for? for every air ticket - agents and website get some commission and it's being expected that they will provide some services - but they didn't provide any services at all. 5 times our itinerary has been changed and we have to change our plans. If our trip is increasing - that defeats the very purpose of buying tickets at higher rate or in advance.
faredepot.com might say airlines can change it any time lablablaah...but - what kind of customer service they provided. We have to deal with 3 airlines - JetAirways, Delta, Airfrance and when the itinerary got changed in the past...to deal with Joon also...they never helped us in anyway...look at the overall itinerary that have been booked by them...its' full of issues.

Response from Ryan R., FareDepot Representative
Ashutosh, the airline has the power to cancel, increase, or change the ticket cost freely without any notice and as the travel agency, we are responsible for informing our customers of the price changes on the ticket and notifying the status of the booking. Fares are not guaranteed until the ticket has been issued. Fares are always subject to change due to availability. We notified you of the changes made to your flight and options for you to take, as well as the meal request we informed you that it is not guaranteed and you will have to confirm with the airline or the airport representative. We appreciate your understanding and we hope you give us another chance. You can call us at 866-860-2929 or email us at reservations@faredepot.com.
priyankas31
5/1/18

I really like the way they cope with customers . Wonderful service . I really appreciate their work.
Thanks
Priyanka Sharma

Response from Ryan R., FareDepot Representative
Thank you, Priyanka. We have knowledgeable agents available to assist at any time. We appreciate your feedback.
jerrys138
3/7/18

Booked a flight, they claimed my bank needed to provide authorization on the charge. I called my bank and they did, then emailed them. They claimed they never received my authorization and now the ticket is $200 more.

Consumer Affairs should investigate their business practices.

Response from Ryan R., FareDepot Representative
Hi Jerry. We apologize for the inconvenience in your travel booking experience. While
processing your booking, we got a notification of High Risk. We sent a Security Check
to verify your payment detail. We have clearly mentioned that this verification must
be completed before any e-Ticket changes. The instructions were very clear on what
was expected from you. Since we have not received any response in the time
requested, your fare has increased. We appreciate your feedback and we hope you
give us another chance. You can call us at 866-860- 2929 or email us at
Reservations@faredepot.com. Thank you, FareDepot Support.
jeffk78
2/13/18
• Updated review

I have contacted the airline comany, and they said they did the refund once they got the email. so the problem from your side. You have Horrible service!!

Response from Ryan R., FareDepot Representative
Jeff K., we apologize for the inconvenience in your travel booking experience. According to our system regarding the refund, you are supposed to receive. We reached out to the airline responsible for carrying out the refund, unfortunately, they replied that it may take some time to process. The refunds from the airline are not within the control of Faredepot.com. We also sent an email explaining the situation to the airline and have ensured that the refund will be sent back directly to the card. We appreciate your understanding and feedback and we hope you give us another chance. You can call us at 866-860-2929 or email us at reservations@faredepot.com. Check out our 5-Star Reviews: http://bit.ly/2mMVHt7 Thank you, FareDepot Support.
“this is not true at all !”
2/13/18
• Previous review

“DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY”
6/2/16
• Previous review

I bought a ticket and I had a medical immanency reason , send 32 pages and was approved and refunded by Lufthansa for about 24 days and when I called they said , it is going to take from 60 to 90 days . while they have my money from long time .

Response from Ryan R., FareDepot Representative
Jeff K., we apologize for the inconvenience in your travel booking experience. According to our system regarding your fare that was suppose to be refunded by the airline. We reached out the personals responsible for the refund of the fare, unfortunately, they denied. We also sent an email explaining the situation. If you still have not seen the funds in your account please email it to reservations@faredepot.com. We appreciate your understanding and feedback and we hope you give us another chance. You can call us at 866-860-2929 or email us at reservations@faredepot.com. Check out our 5-Star Reviews: http://bit.ly/2mMVHt7 Thank you, FareDepot Support.
johnb1053
2/10/18

Cancelled booking after calling and providing 2 credit cards with identical info inacase one didn't work. I had a great fare and I suspect they simply didn't want to honor it. Total junk site.

Response from Ryan R., FareDepot Representative
Hi John B., We apologize for the inconvenience in your travel booking experience. While processing your booking, our system flagged you as fraudulent. For the reason that you were unable to verify your identity properly your fare could not be processed. If you are interested in booking a ticket please give us a call at 866-860-2929. The instructions were very clear on what was expected from you. We appreciate your understanding and feedback and we hope you give us another chance. You can call us at 866-860-2929 or email us at Reservations@faredepot.com. Check out our 5-Star Reviews: http://bit.ly/2mMVHt7 Thank you, FareDepot Support.
travellerw
2/9/18

Horrible experience with their customer service. I needed to change my flight dates or cancel it depending on the costs for the dates I was looking into due to a medical appointment falling in my flight duration, they would ignore my requests for the dates I requested THREE TIMES. It took three emails referencing the dates requested before they would get me cost estimates for the dates. And even despite that, they still only got me the cost estimate for 2 out of 3 dates. Additionally, they would say that they had contacted me over the phone to discuss options when this never happened. NOR did they even have a phone number to contact me on file. They are the most unprofessional travel agency I have ever dealt with. In the end, I could not even cancel my flights since the costs difference for the dates they provided was ridiculously over budget (an additional $1200-$2200) I requested to cancel (my flight is in Apr 2018). And despite this request being sent starting from end of Jan 2018 and going into Feb 9, 2018 (that's how long this whole process has taken). They told me the airline flights are non-refundable....despite how on the airline cancellation policy, it said that any flights cancelled in that timeframe should be refundable....JUST A HORRIBLE COMPANY. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. COMPLETELY RIPPED ME OFF. I WILL NEVER BE USING THEM AGAIN AND WILL BE TELLING ALL MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY.

Response from Ryan R., FareDepot Representative
Tuan Minh Dang, We apologize for the inconvenience in your travel booking. As a travel agency, we are responsible for administrating and carrying out affordable tickets via transactions with the airline and assisting the customer. Unfortunately, the dates you were trying to change to were very expensive for the short time you were trying to departure. Especially when you decided to look into cancelling your fare weeks before you depart will result in higher fees and charges. We emailed you options for your request and what we believe is the most affordable path the take. We appreciate your understanding and feedback and we hope you give us another chance. You can call us at 866-860-2929 or email us at Reservations@faredepot.com. Check out our 5-Star Reviews: http://bit.ly/2mMVHt7 Thank you, FareDepot Support.
mariak118
2/3/18

I got my eticket within a day of placing the order. I recommend this company to anyone looking to get a deal. Fair price, great customer service. Thank you, FareDepot!

Response from Ryan R., FareDepot Representative
Thank you, Maria K. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to helping you again the next time you book with us!
elenan8
1/31/18

The original flight was canceled by airline. FareDepot offer replacement via Washington and we agree but the actual reservation shows connection in Chicago. They refuse to admit their mistake and now we have to spend more hours in flight. Very incompetent team. Spend hours to explain the situation and 14 emails. No help at all. Never to use again.

Response from Ryan R., FareDepot Representative
Elena N., we apologize for the inconvenience in your travel booking experience. According to our system regarding your fare that was cancelled by the airline. We reached out the personals responsible for reinstating the fare, unfortunately, they denied. We also sent an email explaining the situation and providing options for the change. We appreciate your understanding and feedback and we hope you give us another chance. You can call us at 866-860-2929 or email us at reservations@faredepot.com. Check out our 5-Star Reviews: http://bit.ly/2mMVHt7 Thank you, FareDepot Support.
dr1565
1/9/18

Received an email stating my wife and 2-year old son's airline e-tickets were confirmed along with a record locator number. On the day of our trip, when attempting to check in, only my 2-year old son's ticket was purchased and not my wife's ticket. Faredepot claimed my credit card was declined. I received no correspondence from Faredepot stating my credit card was declined. Even though they claimed my credit card was declined, they still sold me my 2-year old son's international ticket WITHOUT an accompanying adult ticket. Children under 5 years of age may not travel alone under any circumstances. Yet, Faredepot sold me a ticket for my 2-year old. My wife had to pay for an adult international ticket at the ticket counter of the airport on the day of their flight which cost over $2500. They claimed they contacted me immediately about the declined card. I was not contacted. I contacted my credit card company and they have no record of my credit card being declined, only a single charge for my 2 year-old son's ticket without an accompanying adult. They told me they would refund me my money. They never did. They claimed they would investigate and they would get back to me. They never did. Liars and deceitful business. DO NOT do business with Faredepot.

Please do not involve yourself in this false hysteria and this grouping of blatant accusations. FareDepot, LLC is a fully-accredited, licensed, and authorized seller and re-seller of flights and other travel-related products. FareDepot.com has partnered with some of the most significant and reputable companies in the travel industry, including ASTA, ARC, Skyscanner, Momondo, TripAdvisor, Trustpilot, and more. Each case is handled separately and delicately by our professionally-trained and world-class travel agents. We can be reached from 9AM-9PM EST on our dedicated Hotline: 866-860-2929. We can be reached 24/7/365 through our email channel (Sales@faredepot.com, Help@faredepot.com) and through our active Social Media channels: Facebook.com/faredepot and Twitter.com/faredepot

By Ryan R., FareDepot Representative

Don't think you can select your seat through Fare Depot. You have to work directly with the airline for that.

By Linda M.

on April 24 2016 i purchase a flight ticket to natal Brazil on line from FARE Depot.COM, on the amount of $587.71, at the day of the flight,august 13 2016 at checking baggage and ticket counter i got a surprised information that my plane ticket was cancel,. after calling over 3 hours back and forward the airline main office and the travel agency, no one can't give me an explanation why my flight was cancel,i lost the flight, them. i was told i will get full refund, but never happen. I'm about to file a dispute in small claims court, against faredepot.com,They are totally fraudulent company

By leonel s.

Hi Suzanne. Please call us during normal business from 9AM-9PM EST. Alternatively, you are capable of emailing us at Sales@faredepot.com or Messaging us on Facebook or Twitter. If you would like to speak to an agent, please be sure to leave your Phone Number with us and a convenient time to call you. We will call you and help you through any issue you are having. Thank you.

Helpful answer -1

Hi Sarah. We understand your frustration. But, please understand something - Since we are dealing directly with the Airline, all the information you give us must be accurate and correct in order to fly. If there is something wrong with the information you provided, and we must make a change to your reservation, the airline charges a penalty fee. As it is our duty and responsibility, we provide you with the information you need and quote you the Airline's penalty fee as per the rules at the time.

By Ryan R., FareDepot Representative
Questions? Get answers from the FareDepot staff and other customers.

FareDepot?