Review of OneTravel

Tel: 1-866-883-0908
TLC@onetravel.com

emilyc280
5/25/19

First of all, it took one hour to resolve my issue on the phone with customer service, which cost me $30 in international calls. Second, becuase the pricing some how changed on their end during my booking process, the booking did not go through WHILE I WAS AT THE AIRPORT and I had to then wait 7 hours for my new flight and pay another $100 for a new ticket. Lastly, every time I use their service (which I will no longer be doing), I am resubscribed to their spam emails. And I have to constantly unsubscribe.

chandanav
5/17/19

I just want to inform that all travelers, please please please check review before buy travel Ticket (from another traveler) I cannot agree more. I have booked my ticket last year September and travel on April 2019. Once I finished one part of the trip; which was total nightmare. China Eastern airline did not provide me what I ordered (vegetarian meal) which they keep showing me the Ipad stating I don't have vegetarian meal. Well I went 17 plus hours without any food and they did not even bother to provide any other food. Well it's OK until after my first part of the trip I received a email from Onetravel stating that airline has changed my return flight. When I called I got to know that my flight has been cancelled. I was on the phone over three hours holding in four different days. Final answer was I would be getting refund some money may be less than 200 for each passenger and it will be after I finish my trip. I have bought the insurance but Onetravel stated that nothing will cover. Well if you want same experience please go ahead and book. my Return flight (itself) cost 1500 per person.

tanisham11
5/11/19

This is the worst booking agency I have ever used and will never use again. I called in less than 2 minutes after I booked a flight and requested a flight change because my layover was 9hrs. I was told I could not change my ticket without paying another $380...for a ticket I just paid $233 for. So, I call back again a day or so later to see if that was the case. I was offered to have my ticket changed at that time. But then he says that it has been over 24hrs so there was nothing that can be done. So, how in the hell when I called 2 minutes after I booked was told to pay another $380 by one rep, then told by another rep he could have changed it no problem within that 24hr period. You people need to get on the same page.

thun19
4/3/19

Unbelievable, they charged me for the insurance which i didnt add on. And COULDNT SHOW ANY PROOF OF INSURANCE PURCHASE

Tried to tell them that i didnt add it. The latest itinerary was emailed on 15 March, the insurance was still appeared as recommendation.

They showed me their record of debiting my card for insurance on the 17MARCH which proved NOTHING as it just their system record.
The most ridiculous thing is, i CANCELLED my booking on 17 March so how could i add insurance on the same day as their record of debiting money from my card???

IN CASE I DID add insurance on 17 March, i believed OneTravel might have sent me an email. But only cancellation emails sent on that day.

The reprentative who chatted with me stopped without any reason when i asked for itinerary showed clearly insurance was added on.

I believed One Travel tried to take money from me in that way. So disappointed

dm293
1/11/19

This website is absolute trash. Their customer service is absolutely terrible.
I booked a flight on the 23rd of December, and received a confirmation booking number, which I took a screenshot of and I thought I was done.

I thought everything was good to go, and I could breathe easy over the holidays.
I come back from the holidays to an email on the 3rd where I am informed that my booking "could not complete and needed a reentering of information". I do so, and find out that my flight went from $214 to $375.

I called the next day to get my fare back, and was informed that there was "nothing they could do" because fares are "subject to change."
I BOOKED MY FLIGHT AND RECEIVED CONFIRMATION, THAT SHOULD BE GUARANTEED.

When I called, they also tried telling me that my card was declined due to insufficient funds (which was BS- I had just paid my credit card to zero, as I do monthly), and when I spoke to a manager, SHE tried to tell me it was because I entered my expiry date incorrectly.
Now, they did call me later on the 23rd to inform me that there was a problem with my card, but I never received that message due to the holidays and I was heading out of town. So, I give them that credit.
But, them trying to lie to me and tell me it was my fault or my credit card's fault (called Mastercard, they never got a charge from Onetravel nor rejected any) and not taking any responsibility is unacceptable.
Trash customer service and a BS website.

if there was a problem with my credit card, I never would have gotten a confirmation booking number.

Will never use this website again.

mayag17
1/3/19

I will never use One Travel AGAIN!!! I book a flight and hotel combo and had issues paying , my card keep getting declined, even when I tried to go through Paypal.. My bank flagged the site for possibly being fraud activity ( was sent an email). Never had this issue with Expedia. Had to call bank.. thought the reservation issue was resolved but only the flight was paid not the hotel too.. YET they sent me a itinerary making it all seem resolved.. Only to get an email the next days saying my hotel reservation had been canceled due to declined payment AGAIN!! I scrambled called and paid using the same card with an operator... My first time experience was aggravating , not good and I do not plan to use site again.

chrisd544
1/1/19

In addition there is this moronic airline agent called OneTravel, who sent me to wrong city, I told them for weeks I want to go to Leon Mexico. Damn lady keeps saying Monterrey... WTF. She dont get it. LEON MX. So now she convinced me I'm dumb. It's the name like JFK... I arrive in Dallas. I have to buy new ticket. Cost 700$ US and credit card did not work even though I paid it off. And a hotel $100, and this is true cab driver kidnaped me to the Mexican border. It's true. Look 800 complaints, they played the recording and I do say Monterrey. "Listen ** I dont want to got to ** Monterrey."

NOW

rolliem22
12/21/18

I book a flight very early (3 months ago) and then when my flight is almost for two weeks suddenly they change and only I knew on the airline website that it was change. VERY BAD EXPERIENCE!!!

nadiraa
12/7/18

DO NOT PURCHASE YOUR TRAVEL THROUGH ONE TRAVEL, CHEAPOAIR or any affiant. About a year ago I purchased a ticket through ONE TRAVEL to go home to Dominica via San Juan however, 4 days after purchasing this ticket Hurricane Maria a CAT 5 hurricane hit both Dominica and San Juan, the destruction to both countries completely imaginable! I reached out to ONE TRAVEL the very next day to explain the situation and to ask for a refund which they responded that the ticket was nonrefundable, they didn't care or acknowledge the natural disaster! They didn't offer me a credit, they didn't apologize, they expressed no sympathy for what my family and I were going through. I asked to speak with a manager and I was hung up on. I then decided to call my bank and asked if I was able to charge back this purchase due to the circumstances and they were willing to assist. THEN I received a VERY NASTY call from a claim specialist from ONE TRAVEL. I explained the situation almost in tears as this was truly a devastating experience for my family and I and without even apologizing she begins to tell me how I am going to lose this charge back because they see no proof or evidence and this purchase is non refundable. I pleaded with her, told her I have no home to go to, she's not even giving me a second option she's just flat out telling me I have to keep this ticket. I found it extremely insensitive and rude what she was saying to me. I then wrote ONE TRAVEL a very lengthy complaint to which a manager called me back and offered me a partial credit, partial refund. Well that was too good to be true I should have just ATE the credit because here I am again dealing with once again HORRIBLE customer service. I called and rebook my ticket to Dominica a year later using my credit, I received a *ticket confirmed* email and even paid an additional $180 fee to make up the amount and get everything booked. Fast forward to the day I am returning from my trip Oct 30, I get to the airport only to discover that there is no seat for me on the flight due to my ticket never being paid for. When I asked the ticket agent to elaborate he tells me that my ticket was never paid for by ONE TRAVEL and was therefore cancelled. I immediate pick up the phone and call ONE TRAVEL, after going back and forth with an incompetent agent who could not find my booking I finally got a manager on the phone who was able to find it immediately. He then proceeds to tell me the reason my ticket was not booked was because my credit expired so no ticket could be booked with it "huh?" I had confirmation emails and great email proof that I had a booked ticket even though he said he sees no such emails in the systems. I then proceed to read the emails to him to which he responds "ohhh I see them now" This went on for about an hour all while I am standing in the airport, my flight is now on the ground and now the ticket agent is holding the flight while ONE TRAVEL figures it out. The agent held the flight for 30 mins and when he couldn't hold it anymore he stated that he could get me on the flight to Antigua but the flight to San Juan was full because my seat was never held by ONE TRAVEL. If I missed this flight the next flight out wouldn't be for another week. I needed to get off the island so I paid $340.66 to get out of Dominica. When I got to Antigua the flight to San Juan was off course full and they advised me that the only thing they could do is send me back to Dominica, not happening. I then had to purchase a ticket from Antigua to Miami for $648.93. I AM ANNOYED!!!! When you book and pay for a ticket the last thing that you expect is to show up to an airport and not have one!!!! I get back to the US and immediately call ONE TRAVEL to explain the situation, right away they let me know that this has been sent to a manager and that they need me to allow 72 hours to investigate.. that 72 hours lead to 5 different managers, now going on 35 DAYS. Everytime I call I have to speak with a different manager, explain the case all over again, then I am asked for more time. Finally a manager called me back and said that they would be willing to refund me $340.66 but not the rest because the airline booked me on a full flight.. ITS BETTER THAN THE FLY YOU COMPLETELY DID NOT BOOK ME ON. This isn't my fault, its not the airlines fault.. IT YOUR FAULT and I would like to be reimbursed. Such an inconvenience, and unnecessary stress when travelling. People give their money to you and trust you for a service and you let them down this way it isn't cool. 35 DAYS LATER ALL THIS STRESS AND I STILL CANNOT GET AN INCH OF CUSTOMER SERVICE OR SOMEONE TO SYMPATHIES WITH ME ON THIS AND DO THE RIGHT THING! You should be ashamed of yourself as a company and a brand and stop stealing your customer's money!!!

aysan
12/2/18

I bought ticket and they mention it's canadian dollar charge but they charged me usd dollars and then when I asked to cancle that bc it was waaayyyy expensive rather other flight they said it's nonrefundble ..so basically the flight I booked was the most expensive flight for the destination I was looking for ,but bc they didn't mention the usd $besode that I thought it's reliable price which wasn't ,,,won't buy again from them

phucn1
11/20/18

First time, I bought the ticket online and I can not pay for them. They send me the some emails to show " failed tickets " . So, I need to call to buy the tickets. They got me the $#*!ing tickets with different transfers airports. We need to transfer at Japan. 3 hours to change from Haneda airport to Narita airport. I need to take 1hours 30' to from Haneda to Narita and check in again with 3 hours. When they sold me those tickets, they didn't explain clearly for me. And when I called them, they just told me " so, did you want to change or cancel " yes! The way they worked on me. One more thing, they never told me " I need to pay the service fee " and they took me more $80. They just told me how much I need to pay and pay more for the ticket. Wooo.... and, the impor things, 3 times charge in my account.
1= $1246
2= $1259
3= $1246

subhashs8
11/13/18

I am travelling with my 15 Months baby. They sold ticket to us : Vancouver-Nanjing-Kunming- Kathmandu. When we reached at Vancouver Airport, the airline(China Eastern) staff told us we can not go through China because transit time in china is more than 24 hrs and for more than 24 hours, we need China visa. We wondered, we claimed that Ticket is displaying less than 24 hour, why not? Finally we knew that One Travel sold us wrong ticket, the ticket dose not show the arrival time at Nanjing.

We called One Travel. After 1 hour waiting, the staff received our call, he was very rude, he did not help at all. He was saying, he did not understand our language, Scary???
We gave phone to China Eastern Staff to mention what had happened. It did not work. He put us on hold for 45 minutes telling he has to talk with manager, he did not help and said it is passenger responsibility.

We have to go so we requested china eastern staff and they changed the schedule after paying extra money. We have booked hotel at Kunming and China Eastern Staff told us that we can still use the hotel.

We reached at Kunming at 1.00 am, Now I am at Kunming with my baby. Hotel person did not show up. There is no money exchange, I can not use my credit card. I have no food for my baby and we are crying at Kunming Ariport now.

God help us.

Worst experience with Purchasing Ticket from One Travel

joec548
11/12/18

OH MY !! The booking process was a nightmare! The website was inefficient! Hidden fees! Scam! Don't use this agency. Can hardly understand the English of the agents! Never again will I use this service!!! They said there was a charge for a airline person to bring the wheelchair for my disabled aunt - not for the wheel chair but for person to bring it! DO yourself a favor and DO NOT USE One Travel/Cheap Flights

Tip for consumers: DO youself a HUGH favor and DO NOT use OneTravel/ Cheap air

lillyd16
10/29/18

After researching trip Vancouver to Ottawa, I was sent a link by OneTravel.com. Their price seemed good. As I was a Canadian, in Canada, booking a Canadian airline to and from a Canadian city, I was choked to find later that I had been billed in foreign currency (US dollars of course) They also charged me for seat booking and travel insurance, either of which I knowingly signed up for. (All in the fine print apparently) After one hour on the phone, they agreed to take away their service fees only. They suggested that I should have used OneTravel.ca, who of course never contacted me. This company is not upfront and Canadian airlines should not be using them.

trinhk1
10/12/18

Flight time got changed so we had cancel our tickets and they are charhing us 700+ for cancelation fee. What the hell if your going to advertising for certain flight time and those chages aren't going to work for you the flight 2 months away and you can barely understand them took us 3 weeks of this bull just to pay for penalties The FTC should really take this company DOWN

anyad3
9/30/18

Just did a reservation for a reasonable price for my sister to come visit me for her birthday. Guess what? When they showed the option first (and the cheapest option) it was shift 2 days before dates I was searching for. I did not pay attention to this first. WHY? For so many years doing business with travel website on line NONE OF THEM EVER would offer you another dates of travel, unless you SPECIFY that the date. of travel are flexible. Anyway, when I received the confirmation I noticed right away that the dates were wrong. However, they promised before you make reservation that you can cancel for free within 24 hours but you need to call them (usually you can do it on line). I called right away... They tried to find something suitable for my sister for the ONLY dates she can travel and had been requested. Did not find anything. So... I was advised they would cancel but there will be 25.00 dollars cancellation fee. See what they are doing?!?!?
BUT!!! I just simply advised them that on a very first web page I saw (tconsumeraffairs.com) there are almost 1,000 complaints, most of them is one star and there quite a number of complaints about wrong dates they booked and then charged you cancellation fee. I just promised (AND WOULD DO IT!) that if I see ANY cancellation fee on my credit card I will make sure that my attorney will start a big fat law suite against Onetravel.com and I am sure that ALL those customers who were tricked would not mind to joint me. Guess what, they immediately send me email confirming that there will be NO CANCELLATION FEES AND ALL THE FUNDS WILL BE REFUNDED (of course in 5 to 7 business days...).
Anyway, DO NOT LET THEM TRICK YOU!!!! Fight the scammers!!!!

Response from CustomerService C., OneTravel Representative
Could you please supply the booking number of the reservation so we can research your concerns. Thank you
pooe
9/25/18

I just want to inform that all travelers, please please please check review before buy travel Ticket.

I wish I can give Zero Star, I had Flight from Kathmandu to Phnom Penh on 09 of May 2018, When I tried to check in at the airport, the Travel ticket number was Invalid, the Airline representatives can not issue a boarding pass, I checked personally in their computer, showing ERROR. OMG It's really ridiculous that I ever experienced in my life. I called them from Kathmandu to New York using my phone expensed like $50 but no one helped me, they just said sorry we just can refund your money back we can't issue any other ticket.

I had to book the Airport hotel in my expenses, taxi up and down, eat for 24 hours spent another $500 bucks from my pocket, Problem is I was traveling for the meeting.

I will neither buy a ticket from ONETRAVEL nor RECOMMEND to anyone.

joya65
9/22/18

Please do not use 3rd party booking and not this one for sure. Always go directly to the site you want to book with. If you want to fly with Southwest or whatever airline go to their site. If you want to reserve a car from Budget go directly to the Budget site. My sister passed and I had to book a emergency flight and reserved a car rental. So I booked through One Travel. It just so happened the TSA agent in Vegas failed to give me my ID back so when I arrived at budget rental at O'Hara I could not rent the car because I had no license and that is understood. Well guess what they kept my whole $397 which set me way back. I had to pay for additional transportation to get to my destination which was not cheap. I understand that there is no refund but in this situation which was out of my control they kept all of my $397. I can see if they kept a % to reserve the car but no they kept it all. As if I was not stressed enough to give my sister a proper home going they cut my pockets deep. Once again refrain from using 3rd party booking remember everyone is getting a piece of the pie (your money). R.I.P. dear sister MeChelle. (tear)

leticiab12
9/10/18

What a scam! We just booked flights for a Friday departure. Once we paid the flight confirmation randomly reflected a departure on a different day of the week! Such bs! Do not use!!

timt171
8/27/18

Ihave been booking tickets through the website.Booked 5 tickets and come to find out they were supposedly light fare tickets, I was never informed about it and had to pay additionally 126$ for each baggage fees.
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!

rhizzav
8/22/18

They charge a lot i made a typo error with one letter which i try to call them right away and I pay additional $147.Customer service was not so great keep telling you want me to cancel your booking 75 dollar per person .Its a ripped off . Stay away from this scammer.

sandrar247
7/17/18

This is the worst 3rd party airline flight ever! They would not let me change 2 letters in my name! And also, they wouldnt let me change a booking to another day later... charge me a whole new booking! So, be aware of these folks!

Response from CustomerService C., OneTravel Representative
Sandra, our apologies for the inconvenience. We have reviewed the reservation and see that you booked this in Dec, and called in July to notify us of the name error, unfortunately after 24 hours from the booking date name correction is not allowed. The ticket you purchased, basic economy does not allow any refunds, or changes to the flights that's why you were not able to make the date change. There were more expensive fares that we offered that did allow changes to the dates with an airline penalty.
gwenm44
6/20/18

I bought 2 tickets from them for Norwegian Airlines. Found them cheaper on the airline's own website. I called them to cancel and was told by the agent that there was a $75 cancellation fee per ticket. Mind you, the tickets were only $68 each. I thought airlines allowed free cancellations within 24 hours, but not through One Travel. I will be avoiding them like the plague and Cheapoair too (same company)

Response from CustomerService C., OneTravel Representative
Gwen, our apologies for the inconvenience,. Airlines are the only ones that must follow the faa policy of allowing "free cancellations" within 24 hours. 3rd party booking sites are exempt from that, but most do allow cancellations within 24 hours for a full refund.
ginettev1
6/17/18

Had just booked a flight to London for next May, saw that the price was cited in USD. Called to cancel, as their site states that you can cancel within 24 hours... They charged me 50.00 US to cancel, whereon I said keep the reservation, but I will complain about this underhanded way of making money off the disabled,.. they are effing thieves!!

Response from CustomerService C., OneTravel Representative
Ginette,our apologies for the inconvenience,. Airlines are the only ones that must follow the faa policy of allowing "free cancellations" within 24 hours. 3rd party booking sites are exempt from that, but most do allow cancellations within 24 hours for a full refund. We do not discriminate against any person disabled or other wise.
helenao3
4/6/18

My mother booked flight with my married name and I needed to change it to my maiden name. After over 6 hours of repeat phone calls where I would continuesly be transferred, they charged me $100 for name change, I had to send them a copy of my passport and marriage certificate, which I agreed to, they never sent me a new itinerary. Once again I called, they said I wouldn't be able to receive my itinerary until 7 days before travel. Eventually 4 days before my trip I herd back, they said I would need to pay a $100 fee plus $250 rebooking fee, they were unable to change my name. I ended up having to book a flight through a different airline. So much of my time and money wastes. Employees were rude and would laugh at me when I called, they were clearly numb from dealing with unhappy customers.

Sorry but no

By Robin E.

You will not get a ticket from one travel, or most other online sites. You should have received a reservation code with the email confirming your ticket purchase. That email has a code but it won't work to access the airline itself. You just print the email out and take that to the airline. I would call the airline directly and confirm your ticket is booked. I've booked quite a few flights from One Travel, and while there are some issues, the prices are great and I've never had a problem getting on my flights.

By Rebecca S.

Excellent advice Freddie.

By Lisa T.

I paid extra for cancellation and was denied a refund. This company will only scan you

By jen h.

Take it from someone that tried to cancel a trip. I was denied. Even though I paid for cancellation insurance. Had to suck it up.

By jen h.

Questions? Get answers from the OneTravel staff and other customers.

OneTravel?