Review of Lulus

Chico, CA 95928
sales@lulus.com

jasminep20
6/25/17

I used to frequently order from the Lulu's website. Their stuff was a little overpriced in my opinion, but it was cute enough, and their shipping was usually quick. I will, however, no longer be ordering from them, ever again. I recently sent back a $75 black dress because it was gaping in my bust area. I am newly pregnant, and could not get a size smaller as it will soon no longer fit. I literally tried the dress on for 45 seconds, and put it back in the bag after realizing there was no way it would ever look good on my chest. I returned the item within the specified time frame. I recently received an email telling me that I would ne receiving an online credit instead of a refund because the dress did not pass "quality control." What???? It was not even worn for more than one minute! Inside my HOME! I am so upset that Lulu's has done this. If the dress had been worn, tags removed, or even spent any amount of time outside of the packaging it came in, I would be more understanding. But this is ridiculous. I am so angry, will never shop this site again.

jessicaw151
6/22/17

After reading other reviews with similar experiences I wanted to add mine. I ordered a romper from Lulus. Three weeks paassws and I still hasn't received the package. I did however get an email asking me how I like the purchase and to rate it. At this point I called them to find out where my item is. I was provided with a tracking number with the USPS. When I tracked the package it just said "in transit on June 3rd. I contacted the USPS and after they looked into it, they said that the shipping label was printed (at Lulus facility) but the package was never scanned unto the USPS system. So basically they printed the label but never sent a package. The customer service person who I spoke with yesterday, who was very pleasant blames the USPS, said they lost the package. Although they did process a refund I will not shop with the company again. Seems like my experience was not an isolated incident.

kerryr20
6/21/17

I received a dress for my birthday from my husband. It has a problem in the hem so I need to return it. Turns out it was final sale. I sent an inquiry to them and they quickly got back to me that they would process a refund and gift me a credit for a future purchase. They would just like me to send a picture to their email and they will take care of the rest.
Thank you for making this a easy process.

courtneyp35
6/20/17

Have ordered from LuLu's many times. I recently placed an order and they shipped me the wrong size. I understand that errors can sometimes be made and although unfortunate, I was refunded the amount for the dress, plus shipping and was also given a $15 credit! Very happy with the employee at Lulus who helped me resolve this issue and listened to my frustrations. Customer service is everything. I will continue to shop at LuLu's now that I know that this is how issues are dealt with.

giuliannag
6/16/17
• Updated review

UPDATE: USPS concluded their investigation indicating that the tracking sticker was printed but they never received the package. They recommended me to contact Lulus. I called Lulus and talked to a customer service rep. On a note, most of their reps are relatively friendly. The first few reps were apologetic, except for the last one, you could tell she was done for the day. However, I get it, it's not their fault that this shopping experience was really bad. Anyways, Lulus told me that they did indeed ship it and it was received by USPS. At this point, I'm over it. I appreciate the replacement offer with overnight shipping but the size (L) was likely going to be way too big. I initially ordered a medium and that was pushing it for my size. In addition, they offer me reimbursement for any alteration but this whole experience was daunting that I didn't want to deal with any further communication. I wish the best for anyone who shops here. Their clothing is super cute but, after this experience, it's likely my last time.

“Likely my first and last time with Lulus”
6/12/17
• Previous review

I used to admire Lulus and their clothing. I always get hesitant to purchase dresses from online stores because of my fear that it will either not fit or it will get lost...... well, the later happen. To avoid any problems, I purchase items ahead of time. I purchased a Lulus dress on May 31 (in the morning) for a bridalmaids dress on June 16th (plenty of time, right? NOT). They told me that I would get the dress around June 6-8. Perfect time to get it fitted in time for the wedding. I never heard back from Lulus. I chatted with someone on June 2 because I didn't received a shipping email. They said that "it takes 2-3 business days to process." I let it go because I really try not to make a fuss. Come June 5, nothing. I contacted Lulus again. They said the dress shipped on June 3....No email. They finally sent me a tracking number (after I asked them to send me a tracking email) and, guess what happens, it gets lost in the mail. I contact USPS, they wouldn't submit an investigation until it's been 7 days (Not Lulu's fault, I get it). USPS then says that they will submit an investigation but it takes 48-72 hours. They recommend that I call Lulus. I call back Lulus and the rep who was relatively nice but just basically said SOL. I guess they will inform USPS to submit an investigation... I told them I already did that and she said that she needs to inform them too. Alright, so what about the dress that I order 11 days ago. She said I can purchase another one if I would like too..... Ummm, in my head, I'm like "I kinda need it in 6 days and, oh yeah, the dress is sold out." Now, I'm scrambling to find a new dress, get it approve by the bride, and get it fitted by Friday. I get that Lulus didn't lose my package but communication from the start was bad.

hollyc55
6/8/17

I placed 2 separate orders - 3 items in total and have returned each one now all at different times as they came in to me at different times.. I am still waiting to see a credit back on my card since mid May. I am not happy with how long it is taking. I will not order again from this site. My clothing was damaged (button missing on a dress etc.) I am sad as I was hopeful for a dress for a special occasion wedding.

lindad186
6/1/17

I have ordered from Lulu's several times, and I've always had great experiences. This isn't a site with stolen pictures and crappy merchandise, it's the real deal. It takes a little while to receive your refund when returning items, but that doesn't bother me. They actually refund your money amd they have great clothing, jewelry and shoes. I'd definitely recommend Lulu's. Not another overseas scam site.

rockyr16
5/31/17

not sure why all the negative reviews. Yes, the quality of some of the more expensive dresses is a bit lacking, but the cotton bodycon dresses are A++, esp the price point! I have purchased from the site on 4 separate instances. Shipping is relatively quick. And when I wanted to exchange, someone who spoke English fluently answered! Not outsourced to India. And then when I garphed my return up (sent back the wrong dress), customer service was totally on top of it. I will return to the site again and again for my bodycon dresses.

emilyr79
5/26/17

The products that I ordered aren't the best, but they're of okay quality and the shipping didn't take TOO long. I was scared to order from the site due to all of the negativity around this site during the time that I had ordered the items. But I took the chance and I'm glad I did. Bought a pair of heels and they look great but the heel is supposed to be of a gold color and they REALLY look like silver, also they feel kind of cheap. But considering the price, I'm okay with it.

ashleyw127
5/26/17

I was looking for a jumpsuit for a wedding I'm attending this summer. However, I ended up buying two dresses. Once, they arrived, it didn't fit me well so I decided to return them. But, the return process is turning me off. My return arrived to them over a week ago and I'm still waiting for them to send an email once it's "processed". Not to mention I then have to wait another week for the refund to show on my card. Never again, this is my first time ordering from them, and my last time.

arianab9
5/26/17

I literally shop for all my clothes from Lulu's because I adore the quality and the style. However, the orders take forever to arrive and forever to get a refund.

desireeh13
5/24/17

I love Lulu's. I've figured out my sizing, XS in anything wrap and formal dresses, S in form fitting or bodycon. Lulu's pays for all return shipping. I've returned three orders and place one once or twice a month. I've never had an issue if I request a call back and they take 10 business days to refund money after the package is received. They cut off returns after you've had the package for some time but I haven't ever ran into that issue. It seems like a lot of people order items when they're in a rush for vacation and don't fully consider the time frames the store gives you upon check out. Then blame the company for being slow from their own expectation.
Many of the dresses and clothes are high quality and some are cheaper, you get what you pay for. Free people and Lulus brand have been my favorite. I returned a bathing suit for poor quality at $40 and a formal dresses for improper sizing but it was awesome.
Buyer tip: don't order clothes for a vacation 7-20 days before you leave and expect a company to ship everything and refund your money on your time. Read the small print at check out and if you're cutting it close...save yourself the time and worry and don't order it. Find it elsewhere. Amazon prime or shop local.

kennedieb
5/23/17

I have NEVER had a problem ordering from Lulu's. I love their website, I shop with them at least once a month. my clothes always ships and delivers when they are suppose too, Lulus is my favorite shopping website. just waiting on them to open a store in Texas.

jamiel96
5/22/17

I ordered my item on 5/11 and after 9 days, my item's status is still "back ordered." I contacted customer service through live chat and they told me it would take 1 day to 3 weeks before it would be processed. A 3 week waiting time is completely outrageous and customer service was unable to offer any type of response on when the item could potentially come. This is my first time ordering from this website and I bought this dress for prom two and a half weeks early but I have been greatly disappointed by their service. If a company is low on stock or are out of stock, they should not list any item as "available" on the website. I've had a very bad first experience with Lulu's and will not come back to purchase from them again.

jennal32
5/19/17

Despite the fact that Lulu's products are poorly made from cheap-looking fabric and are ill-fitting, their customer service is AWFUL and their return process is impossible to navigate. They do not answer their phones, I tried to call multiple times in order to find out exactly what I needed to include in order to complete my return, and I was put on hold for several minutes at a time. I ended up sending an email, and the representative did not answer my specific questions, just gave me a blanket response on the return process. I then sent my return and was only refunded for two of the three items I returned, and again, was placed on hold unable to reach a representative. After a representative finally called me back, they accused me of only sending 2 of the 3 items, stating that they had manually processed my return and there was no evidence of tampering, and I had only sent 2 items, which is absolutely false. They finally agreed to "take my word" and refund me for the third item, but never admitted that they were wrong when processing my order and never apologized for their horrible customer service. I will NEVER use this company again and will not recommend it to anyone else.

sarahm303
5/18/17
• Updated review

After I wrote my review, I realized there was no way Lulu's could have shipped my order on March 12th as the customer service rep told me on the phone, because that was a Sunday and UPS doesn't ship on Sundays. But anyway, after my review posted, Karen J. e-mailed me a stock response about Lulu's return policy along with a free shipping label. At that point I was frustrated, but Lulu's managed to turn things around.
When I emailed Karen that her e-mail solved nothing, she said my credit card would be refunded instead of receiving store credit if I shipped my items back. So I did. After Lulus received it, I was contacted by Tiffany on 5/15/17, who said if I let her know which items I returned, they would refund my card immediately, even before opening the package. She was very nice.
Today is 5/18/17, and my card has been refunded in full. I appreciate all the work Lulu's put into resolving this order.

“Horrendous customer service, slow shipping”
5/3/17
• Previous review

I'm just writing this to let Lulus know they've lost me forever as a customer.
I've been having a hard time finding clothing since all the stores I used to purchase from have cheapened their products. I was excited to find Lulus. I ordered 4 dresses on March 10, 2017. I was starting a house-sitting job on at the end of March, but I thought for sure the items would arrive by then. The dresses didn't arrive until March 20, the day after I left. I wasn't able to return home to get my package until last week (end of April). Nothing fit right. The pink swing dress was huge, the skater dress was cut way too low, and I had no idea how to tie the 2 wrap dresses.

I went online to do the return, but it said I had to call customer service.
I waited on hold for 40 minutes. That is completely unacceptable! I think it says something about the quality of Lulus clothing that that many people need to do returns. It wasn't until I hit the pound key to be called back that someone magically answered the phone. The service rep said as a courtesy for spring purchases they were extending the return to 45 days. That didn't include MY purchase though. I ordered it March 10th, and it arrived March 20th. But she said it shipped March 12th (according to them), so that's the day they count from. Even though it's been LESS than 45 days since I actually RECEIVED it.
She said as a ONE-time courtesy they would give me an online credit if I mailed it tomorrow (May 2nd), at my own expense, of course. Like Lulus is doing me some big favor, giving me store credit so I can buy more of their ill-fitting clothes. And I only get a refund if the clothes pass LULUs "quality inspection," and who knows what that entails! So I might pay to ship it back and not get credit anyway. And then what? They keep the clothes AND your money? Ill just sell the clothes on Ebay.
I thought I found a good company, since the clothes are made in the US. I'm so disappointed. I'll never buy from a small company again. They obviously don't care about customer service.

teeb13
5/18/17

I ordered a dress from Lulu's and paid an additional fee for 3 day express delivery, which LuLu's happily charged me, then a day before the dress was scheduled to arrive I was told it was back ordered with no known ship out date. I promptly contacted Lulu's and was told they would issue a refund. Almost 2 weeks later and my refund was FINALLY processed today and I should be expecting a refund within 3-5 business days. I find it repulsive that they can automatically take my money then $#*! up several times all the while holding on to MY MONEY and not processing my refund in a timely manner. I will NEVER shop at LuLu's again. I've spent hundreds of dollars shopping online at LuLu's and they think a lousy $20 credit will keep me as a customer... Bye Felicia!

kristenm48
5/18/17

Ordered a dress on the 13th and still haven't received anything email. Starting to get very nervous and agitated. Hoping things turn around. Already telling everyone in school what's going on.
Update- amazing company. All my trepidations completely gone. They went above and beyond my anticipations. I have 4 daughter's between 6-15 and will be ordering from them more often!

patriciat78
5/18/17

I am addicted to lulus.com. It's my go to site for online shopping, and I always find the quality of the clothes amazing. I love everything I get from there, and never have any issues with any returns I do have to make. I love their customer service as well.

michellel199
5/17/17

I followed the instructions from their website on the return. I mailed the item within the 10 day time frame and it's 10 days later from the time I shipped the item and still have not heard an update on if they received it and when my refund is coming. I cannot get someone to answer on the customer service line after multiple calls ( three of which I was disconnected from after holding for over twenty minutes.) Live chat does not work either. Very disappointing bc I have bought items in the past and liked them. If you need to return anything expect weeks before getting your refund.

Update: customer service contacted me after writing the review and were very professional. They processed my refund and explained that they were behind on the returns. They refund still took another 4 days to be received in my account. (I still think it was longer than I'd want to receive a refund so hopefully this changes for the company). They apologized and gave me a 15 dollar credit.

sondrad
5/17/17
• Updated review

Lulu's reached out, apologized, and upgraded my shipping to overnight. However, I received their communication on the 11th and didn't receive my items until the 15th. Overall, I love the romper and dress I got and because of this and their costumer service will give them another try!

“"Order Pending"”
5/13/17
• Previous review

I placed an order on May 8th and this order status still says "Pending." This would be fine, as I only used standard shipping and am in no hurry to receive my items; however, I was surprised to see that I had already been charged for these items! This is especially concerning as I have no way to track my order and the items were final sale so if anything happens, I am certain I will never see my money again. Isn't it usually the case that you wait to charge a customer until an order ships? Will not be ordering from them again. This does not seem right.

luciam18
5/16/17

I am a first time costumer at Lulus, and I am already regretting not paying attention to the reviews. So I ordered two dresses two days ago, and I paid an extra $9 to received these 2 items on a timely manner. I place my order Sunday night, and today Tuesday evening I received an email saying that one of the dresses requires "a little extra processing" and that they will get back to me in one week. Again, I paid $9 extra to get these two dresses in three business days, and by the way I am sure I won't be getting the other dress tomorrow either. I am traveling soon and this seems to be rather a headache already. Not only because I paid for something that will not arrive on time, but I will be out of the country for more than a month. In other words, it was a waste of money to pay $9 extra, plus I am not sure if I will receive one of my items, and if for whatever reason this dress doesn't fit appropriately, I probably will have no time to return it, if I am still in the United States. Do yourself a favor, and buy your clothing else where.

Tip for consumers: Update: I spoke to Serena in costumer service and they are going to refund me the $9 extra since they didn't shipped my items on time. They were able to solve the issue about the second dress. I am very please, and I am looking forward to received my dresses and go on vacation.

sondrad
5/13/17

“UPDATE”

naomic15
5/12/17

I placed an order and have been on the phone for at least 30 minutes. No answer. Also I tried to do a live chat but no one was available.

tanetrah
5/11/17

I recently made a purchase from Lulu's for three times. When my items came, they sent three addditional items that I did not order. I called customer service and informed them of this incident. They seemed very thankful and offered me an online credit. When I received the credit, it was for $15. Not only did I find it a slap in the face but all of my friends did as well. Those items were worth $150 combined, and I was being extremely considerate by calling Lulus and emailing items of the photos of the items. If I were to send the items back, which at the point I'm debating because I feel slighted, I would have to take 30-45 minutes of my day to return them because I would have to find somewhere to print the label and drive to mail the items back. $15 doesn't allow me to purchase anything but clearance jewelry from their on their site due to the cost of most items, and for extent that I would have to go out of my way to return the items it's simply not worth it. Furthermore, I returned a pair of shoes that I bought because they were too big and they will not issue me a credit on something I paid for until I return the items. This mishap was no fault of mine, and theyre refusing to return a credit on something I am rightfully owed. As merchants, I am not required by law to return those items because they willingly gave them up, so refusing my refund seems pretty illegal. If I received a fair credit for my honesty and the efforts I would have to go through to return the items I would, but my time and honesty is worth more than a $15 credit.

149 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Lulus staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
5 days, 3 hours ago
1 week ago
1 week ago
Answer
Questions? Get answers from the Lulus staff and other customers.

17 Photos for Lulus