Review of Lulus

Chico, CA 95928
sales@lulus.com

sarahs365
8/16/17

I ordered four dresses from Lulu's, and despite the slightly cheap material, I was happy with my order. However, I returned one of the dresses just a few days after I received my items expecting the free return they had promised on their site (within TEN days!), but they still charged me shipping. When I asked why, they stated that they only processed the order after the ten days had passed, even though I had sent it back before. Never before have I been unjustly billed for a company's lax and leisurely processing time. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SITE! They will lie and try to take your money over blurry fine print, and their customer service is impersonal and incapable of looking into specific issues rather than simply reciting what is already printed on their website.

nikye
8/12/17

I just have to put in a great review for an awesome customer service experience I received from lulus that I have never received before.

Just for the record, I always receive great customer service when dealing with Lulus but this one has really set the bar!

I ordered a skirt from their online store which was mailed to me however, in receiving the product, I realized the zipper had a defect and couldn't zip all the way down. I called their customer service line and explained it to them. They mentioned I take a picture and send as an email attachment to them but before I got around to doing that, they already emailed me the return label to send the item back. That was the first gold star*!(their sense of urgency).

When I finally emailed, I received feedback from an amazing representative that first apologized for the inconvenience, asked me to verify my address to send a new skirt out and gave me a $15 voucher for the inconvenience. 2nd gold star*!

Now this was what took it home for me- I was asked how soon I needed the product and I mentioned I wanted to wear it on Saturday if it was still feasible, seeing that it was the end of Wednesday and I still had to process the return on my end to send it back to them. Before I knew it, my package was sitting by my front door when I got back from work the following day(thursday!)

Lulus is amazing and I took the time to write this out because their customer service speaks volume about who they are and how much they value their customers. Also, did I mention that I love their clothes????!!!! I will forever be a lulus customer and thanks for the great service. Super excited to rock my skirt this weekend!

Shop at lulus.com!

anciea
8/12/17

Lulus responded very promptly, within minutes, to my post which expressed my utter disappointment with them. I informed Lulus that I had received 2 right sides of a pair of shoes that i had ordered from them. My shoes cost $18.00 US and to ship it to a US address brought the total to $27.00 US. Note that I live in the Caribbean so to receive it I had to pay $13.00 US. ( I certainly cant return the shoes as it will cost me more) This transaction cost me a total of $40.00 US and Lulus refunds me a mere $10.00 US shop credit?! This is ridiculous. I would very much prefer Lulus to refund me at least 3/4 of my money back to my visa card. It was your error Lulus, not mine. I certainly do not have two right feet .After i spent this money to order a pair of shoes from you Lulus, I did not get what I ordered plus I am the one at a loss. First impressions count. A customer who is disappointed after their first attempt in doing business with a company will certainly not want to do business with them again. $10??????? God bless this company

jens353
8/11/17

I had never ordered from Lulu's before so thought I'd give it a go. I wasn't impressed at all when I found out I had to pay $25 in customs/duties. I realized after (from reading the fine print) that they do tell you you'll have to pay it and they have no control however, I never have to pay it with other companies or else they include it in their costs (I think that would be better than getting an unexpected bill at the end). I was super happy with the quality and feel like the clothes/shoes fit true to size tho :)

amandak86
8/10/17

I have been ordering from Lulus since 2011. I recommend Lulus to everyone I know. They are absolutely a legitimate company that you can trust with your credit card information.

My favorite clothing pieces are from Lulus and I also get the most compliments on my Lulus items. My #1 thing to order from here is definitely dresses but I do have a number of clutches, different jewelry pieces and a few tops as well.

I love the selection that Lulus offers as well as the excellent return policy.

I am happy that I can order from Lulus with confidence because they will allow me to return something if I do not like the way it looks or fits.

For the most part my sizing is always the same but you have to remember that Lulus sells items from different vendors so it is normal that sizing would be a little off... if I normally fit in a size large but I find that a vendor's idea of a large is not the same as some other vendor's idea of large and it does not fit, that is very normal and to be expected.

Lulus also offers coupons regularly-- the biggest I have seen is 20% off total purchase but you definitely see $10 off $100, 10% off total purchase and 15% off total purchase most often.

I have nothing bad to say about Lulus. They are my favorite place to order from and my closet is easily 85% full of items I have purchased from Lulus. I am a Lulus addict.

lexid2
8/7/17

To start, this is a 5 star review because I absolutely love this site and their dresses. I have ordered from here many many times and most of the time am very happy with the clothes and their quality. Of note, however, is that their standard shipping is the slowest standard shipping I have found online. If you need a dress in time for an event order in advance or pay for faster shipping! The sizing from dress to dress isn't always consistent but they have a good return policy so I feel comfortable ordering a dress I'm not sure about in multiple sizes and returning one that doesn't fit. Also, I have twice now received the wrong item. The first time this happened they informed me the item I paid for was out of stock so I simply had to go through the hassle of returning the incorrect item they sent me. The more recent time I ordered a dress for an event which I received just a few days prior to when I needed to wear it. When I emailed them asking which dress I received and explaining the situation they just offered to exchange or return the incorrect item, so I ended up wearing the wrong dress for my event due to the time constraint. It was a similar dress so it wasn't a catastrophe but I found it on their website and discovered that it would have cost less than the dress I paid for but didn't get. I am waiting to hear back from them on if they will refund me the difference for the dress I didn't receive. I also once received a dress with a tear in the material and was unable to exchange it because it was out of stock in my size - the best dresses sell out fast! Overall, this is a great online store with stylish, high quality clothing. Sometimes they ship the wrong item and only offer a return or a slow exchange, but I will continue to order from here.

EDIT: While I have still not heard back about if my credit card will be refunded for the incorrect dress, I did receive a $20 credit for their site. (:

alyssar18
8/4/17

Ok I order my dress on August 1,2017 at 7p.m. and I received it August 4,2017 at 11:30a.m. I was so excited!!! It's the color I wanted!!! I got it a week before it was suppose to come in.The dress was absolutely beautiful and fit perfectly!!! Thank you so much Lulus!!! Xoxoxo

heatherm175
7/24/17

I procrastinated buying a bridesmaid dress, and to my dismay I received it with a stain on the front. To be clear, the stain was likely from the place it was packed, not from wear. I contacted customer service asking them to be reimbursed for dry cleaning fees and they were more than happy to oblige $30 back on my $110 dress-impressive!). They also gave me 15% off my next purchase. All of the bridesmaids in the wedding party have ordered with lulus and we have all had fantastic experiences with customer service (someone was shipped shoes instead of a dress, oops). The way the one star reviews are worded lead me to believe that the reimbursement or promotions offered as reparation are less to those who do not approach these situations in a calm and open manner. Don't bite the hand that feeds.

brittanym68
7/24/17

I was skeptical after reading some reviews but I fell in love with two dresses and took a chance. On the website there is reviews from real customers who can enter their size, weight, etc and it gives you a chance to compare their reviews and your measurements to find the perfect size. Once I found the two dresses I wanted for my bachelorette party that is in a week I opted for three day shipping which was only an extra $9.00. They arrived right on time and I am in LOVE. Exactly how the website described them. I will be order again and recommending to friends.

lesliet51
7/18/17

I have bought 3 outfits from Lulus and I have been satisfied with them. It helps to look at the reviews on the outfit you are buying and looking at the models measurements and the other ladies who leave reviews at their measurements to compare to your self to fully imagine how the clothing will fit. I am going to be purchasing again very soon from them.

hayl219
7/14/17

I love the clothing, but sucks paying so much for CND prices and I got charged a duty tax of $96 this time for 3 dresses. A USD of $196 cost me over $350 in the end! Yikes. Cute clothing though. Two dresses I have to return for quality (zipper, and one was very sheer) and one I can't because it's Final sale( really pretty but weird in the bust area. But usually everything is awesome.

claudes15
7/13/17

Be aware that they do not cover return shipping costs if the order is outside the USA. You may also have to pay for customs and duties not to mention exchange rates. On a $118 order I had to pay $40 in customs and duties and $21 to return the order for 2 clothing items. Shop at Amazon.

angela2046
7/11/17

I love Lulu's I shop there frequently the site is easy to maneuver and the items on the site are always trendy and cute. Today I spoke to * the customer service rep who wasn't very helpful in accommodating my concerns and could care less about my issue. I later called back and spoke to * about my same issue she was more than willing to help and made sure I ended the call a continued happy customer. She's awesome.

*Personal information redacted by admin

hillaryg4
7/8/17

I have ordered from Lulu's several times and only recently had issues with two dresses that I ordered. One got a huge rip in the seam after only 10 minutes of wearing and another shrunk so short that it was unwearable even though I did not dry it and followed the washing instructions. Both if these issues should have been resolved with no problems however they initially refused to accept the returns due to it being over 10 days since I received them. After a few emails (and waiting days for a response) they agreed to a store credit if I returned the dresses. Nearly two weeks after I mailed the dresses back I finally got an email saying one dress had been refunded for a store credit. When I emailed about the other they stated that they only received the one dress ( I mailed both). So I then had to search for my mailed receipt with proof of weight that I did indeed mail both dresses. How does a company lose proof that I mailed two dresses? And why has it taken over month total to sort this out? I used to love Lulu's but unfortunately their lack of being able to correctly process exchanges and overall slow response time is a huge turn off. I guess we will see if I even get my full store credit for the items that I returned.

Update: Lulu's responded promptly to this review and is now refunding me for one of the items and doing a store credit for the other. They were courteous and I hope to have a better shopping experience next time.

kerryr20
6/21/17

I received a dress for my birthday from my husband. It has a problem in the hem so I need to return it. Turns out it was final sale. I sent an inquiry to them and they quickly got back to me that they would process a refund and gift me a credit for a future purchase. They would just like me to send a picture to their email and they will take care of the rest.
Thank you for making this a easy process.

courtneyp35
6/20/17

Have ordered from LuLu's many times. I recently placed an order and they shipped me the wrong size. I understand that errors can sometimes be made and although unfortunate, I was refunded the amount for the dress, plus shipping and was also given a $15 credit! Very happy with the employee at Lulus who helped me resolve this issue and listened to my frustrations. Customer service is everything. I will continue to shop at LuLu's now that I know that this is how issues are dealt with.

lindad186
6/1/17

I have ordered from Lulu's several times, and I've always had great experiences. This isn't a site with stolen pictures and crappy merchandise, it's the real deal. It takes a little while to receive your refund when returning items, but that doesn't bother me. They actually refund your money amd they have great clothing, jewelry and shoes. I'd definitely recommend Lulu's. Not another overseas scam site.

rockyr16
5/31/17

not sure why all the negative reviews. Yes, the quality of some of the more expensive dresses is a bit lacking, but the cotton bodycon dresses are A++, esp the price point! I have purchased from the site on 4 separate instances. Shipping is relatively quick. And when I wanted to exchange, someone who spoke English fluently answered! Not outsourced to India. And then when I garphed my return up (sent back the wrong dress), customer service was totally on top of it. I will return to the site again and again for my bodycon dresses.

emilyr79
5/26/17

The products that I ordered aren't the best, but they're of okay quality and the shipping didn't take TOO long. I was scared to order from the site due to all of the negativity around this site during the time that I had ordered the items. But I took the chance and I'm glad I did. Bought a pair of heels and they look great but the heel is supposed to be of a gold color and they REALLY look like silver, also they feel kind of cheap. But considering the price, I'm okay with it.

ashleyw127
5/26/17

I was looking for a jumpsuit for a wedding I'm attending this summer. However, I ended up buying two dresses. Once, they arrived, it didn't fit me well so I decided to return them. But, the return process is turning me off. My return arrived to them over a week ago and I'm still waiting for them to send an email once it's "processed". Not to mention I then have to wait another week for the refund to show on my card. Never again, this is my first time ordering from them, and my last time.

arianab9
5/26/17

I literally shop for all my clothes from Lulu's because I adore the quality and the style. However, the orders take forever to arrive and forever to get a refund.

desireeh13
5/24/17

I love Lulu's. I've figured out my sizing, XS in anything wrap and formal dresses, S in form fitting or bodycon. Lulu's pays for all return shipping. I've returned three orders and place one once or twice a month. I've never had an issue if I request a call back and they take 10 business days to refund money after the package is received. They cut off returns after you've had the package for some time but I haven't ever ran into that issue. It seems like a lot of people order items when they're in a rush for vacation and don't fully consider the time frames the store gives you upon check out. Then blame the company for being slow from their own expectation.
Many of the dresses and clothes are high quality and some are cheaper, you get what you pay for. Free people and Lulus brand have been my favorite. I returned a bathing suit for poor quality at $40 and a formal dresses for improper sizing but it was awesome.
Buyer tip: don't order clothes for a vacation 7-20 days before you leave and expect a company to ship everything and refund your money on your time. Read the small print at check out and if you're cutting it close...save yourself the time and worry and don't order it. Find it elsewhere. Amazon prime or shop local.

kennedieb
5/23/17

I have NEVER had a problem ordering from Lulu's. I love their website, I shop with them at least once a month. my clothes always ships and delivers when they are suppose too, Lulus is my favorite shopping website. just waiting on them to open a store in Texas.

jamiel96
5/22/17

I ordered my item on 5/11 and after 9 days, my item's status is still "back ordered." I contacted customer service through live chat and they told me it would take 1 day to 3 weeks before it would be processed. A 3 week waiting time is completely outrageous and customer service was unable to offer any type of response on when the item could potentially come. This is my first time ordering from this website and I bought this dress for prom two and a half weeks early but I have been greatly disappointed by their service. If a company is low on stock or are out of stock, they should not list any item as "available" on the website. I've had a very bad first experience with Lulu's and will not come back to purchase from them again.

Update: I was given store credit from Lulu's after this incident so I decided that I would give them another chance. I ordered a belt and a pair of sandals which came in 4 days and were pretty great quality items! All in all, I would warn against buying items on the website that show low on stock but from my second experience, buying normal items that do not show some type of "only two left in stock!" will be completely fine.

jennal32
5/19/17

Despite the fact that Lulu's products are poorly made from cheap-looking fabric and are ill-fitting, their customer service is AWFUL and their return process is impossible to navigate. They do not answer their phones, I tried to call multiple times in order to find out exactly what I needed to include in order to complete my return, and I was put on hold for several minutes at a time. I ended up sending an email, and the representative did not answer my specific questions, just gave me a blanket response on the return process. I then sent my return and was only refunded for two of the three items I returned, and again, was placed on hold unable to reach a representative. After a representative finally called me back, they accused me of only sending 2 of the 3 items, stating that they had manually processed my return and there was no evidence of tampering, and I had only sent 2 items, which is absolutely false. They finally agreed to "take my word" and refund me for the third item, but never admitted that they were wrong when processing my order and never apologized for their horrible customer service. I will NEVER use this company again and will not recommend it to anyone else.

Helpful answer

I was charged tax and duties for mine, about 30-35% of the total purchase.

By Lani L. on 5/30/17
Helpful answer

Hi Anastasia! Thanks for contacting us. Restocking depends on a few factors. If this is a sale item and marked down, that specific item and color will not be coming back. If an item does really well on our site, we will restock it if the vendor has that option still. The season and color has a lot to due with restocking dates as well as we try to keep our site current. We list the dates on the specific item once we have a confirmation. If you wanted to call, chat or email in we would be more than happy to look up specific items for you! If you have any further questions or concerns feel free to email back or call us at 1-866-918-5858. Have a lovely day! XOXO

By Karen J. [Lulus Rep] on 3/25/17
Helpful answer

Hi Tina! Thank you for contacting us. All of our Prices are in USD. We are located in California. The material, price and origin on your item's all help in determining what your government will charge you in customs for duties and taxes. These are assessed as you are importing items into your country. Items that are made in the USA are less likely to be charged. I hope this helps! XOXO

By Karen J. [Lulus Rep] on 2/18/17
Helpful answer

Hi Kelly! To find the best fit and size for you, we recommend comparing your personal measurements (bust, waist, hip) to our size chart online. If the dress you're looking at does not have much stretch, you might consider sizing up for the best overall fit. I hope this helps point you in the right direction! If you have any other questions about sizing, please feel free to chat in with one of our Live Chat Stylists or give us a call at 1-866-918-5858. XOXO

By Megan R. [Lulus Rep] on 11/16/16
Helpful answer

Refunds can take up to two weeks.

By Anon Y. on 4/28/15
Helpful answer

As of 8/18/2015, they offer free returns when you postmark your return within 10 days of delivery, otherwise they charge you $7 for shipping it back.

By Anon Y. on 3/28/15
Helpful answer

Hi Polly! Thank you so much for taking the time to contact us! I am happy to help you. We have 3 shipping options for your location: Economy Shipping: $15. (estimated arrival in 9-21 business days) Standard Shipping $21 (estimated arrival in 7-15 business days) Express Shipping $39.00 (estimated arrival in 3-5 business days) https://www.lulus.com/customerservice/shippinginternational Please let me know if you have any other questions. You can also email us at love@lulus.com or use the Livechat feature on the site! Have a wonderful day.

By Karen J. [Lulus Rep] 1 week, 3 days ago
Helpful answer

Hi Elena! Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out! Unfortunately this item was a Final Sale item when it was last on the site. We will not be reordering this one. The good news is that we are stating to get our Fall items in and we have a lot of dresses in this color coming in! Here are a few that might interest you: https://www.lulus.com/products/mythical-kind-of-love-wine-red-maxi-dress/271074.html https://www.lulus.com/products/infinite-glory-wine-red-maxi-dress/511102.html https://www.lulus.com/products/make-me-move-burgundy-maxi-dress/360492.html If you find items you like that are out of stock, simply select the size you need, enter your email and click Notify Me to place yourself on the notification list. If an estimated arrival date is not yet available it means that we havent placed an order for the item just yet, so you might want to keep checking back. I hope this helps! Please dont hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions. Have a lovely day!

By Karen J. [Lulus Rep] 1 week, 6 days ago
Helpful answer

Hi Julie! Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to us! Our product ships from many places including the USA! If you click on an individual item, the origin will be stated in the description! If you have any further questions, feel free to email us back, or call us at 1-866-918-5858. Have a lovely day!

By Karen J. [Lulus Rep] 2 weeks, 3 days ago
Helpful answer

Hi Sade! Thank you for reaching out to us! As we are mainly a junior's website, items will tend to run a bit smaller than say misses or women's sizing. I would like to invite you to use our Live Chat feature on our site. We have stylists standing by to help you with all of your sizing questions. I would take your waste and hip measurements in inches and have that ready! Have a wonderful day!

By Karen J. [Lulus Rep] 3 weeks, 1 day ago
Questions? Get answers from the Lulus staff and other customers.

18 Photos for Lulus