Review of Lulus

Chico, CA 95928
sales@lulus.com

mubangam
10/8/17

I ordered a pair of block heels that I needed for a wedding over 2 months ago, and my package has not arrived yet. I emailed the company and let them know my package had not arrived in South Africa to which they responded and claimed they had tracked it in South Africa. The tracking system is not efficient. I have contacted all my local courier companies and none of them have my order. The whole experience has been terrible and I'd like a refund because I doubt that my package will arrive.

andreac148
9/30/17

Not only did I have to pay over 50$ in duty fees to Canada,I received the wrong item for my order. They told me they would not pay return shipping and duty from Canada, even though Lulu's made the mistake of sending me the wrong item.

When I contacted the customer rep, they refused to refund my order. Only offered me 25$ in online credit for future purchases which cannot even be applied to the shipping fees and duties that I would have to pay to make the return.

Essentially, I am having to pay for a mistake that they made on their own end and am stuck with an item that I did not want in the first place.

*********Edited Review************
After writing this review, management was quick to respond and resolve the issue. I have to say their customer service is wonderful. Although I am not entirely sure if I would purchase again, since some items were not exactly how they appeared online and heavy duties to Canada. However, customer service was definitely amazing!!!!

nancyc95
9/22/17

Lulu's Fashion Lounge, Inc.'s target market is definitely for the "20 something" age group but there are enough classic designs that even a "Baby Boomer" looking for a nice "After Five" dress can find something. While most of the dresses are modeled by models who are 5'7", there is also a good size guide that provides information on the length of the dress from the shoulder. This is especially helpful for those of us who are a petite 5'0" or under. On the particular dress I purchased, the hemline was just "above the knee" which is where I wanted it instead of being 5 or 6 inches above the knee as shown on the model. The quality of the dress was very good - definitely comparable to what I had originally purchased online and will be returning from Macy's. I would definitely recommend Lulu's.

mayrat3
9/21/17

The first time I ordered a dress it had a bad zipper, looked nothing like the picture, and it had a weird smell. Customer service was really nice when I had questions concerning my return. I decided to order a second dress and it exceed my expectations. The dress was a thick material seen on professional dresses like Calvin Klein, the zipper worked perfectly, and it fit amazing. I'm glad I gave it a second chance!

cyndim7
9/7/17

just wondering what other clothing store is equivilant in quality of clothing to Lulu; the loft? h&m?, rainbow?

pamelar55
9/5/17

Its a great experience, the clothes are as they seen. It is a little expensive but if you are looking for something really nice, you should buy on these site. They have always answer my emails and responding my questions, so the support experience it is great. I love to buy on Lulus!!!!

tammaraj
8/24/17

I love this site. The customer service was wonderful. I would recommend this site to anyone. I ordered brides maids dress. The dresses arrived and looked exactly like the picture. They also fit true to size. It is very refreshing to find a replicable site. So if you are skeptical trust me this is a very trust worthy site.

vitag
8/22/17

My dress came in time as it was expected. It came new, never opened, never worn. I was a bit worried about sizing but I checked their size chart, measured myself and ordered "S" , even though I usually wear "XS". This is the first time I ordered clothes on this website and will definitely recommend it!

jens353
8/17/17
• Updated review

I'm quite impressed that after I gave them a lesser rating due to the duties/fees that applied when I picked up my order they not only explained themselves but also offered to refund my shipping charges (not the duties but the shipping charges on the company's end). Clearly it was something "I" missed when I placed my order (that I would have to pay the excess fee's) but I still think in the future (to avoid these complaints) they should include the charges somehow into their prices. Super impressed with the quality as stated before and will order from them again :)

“Satisfied with all but one thing”
8/11/17
• Previous review

I had never ordered from Lulu's before so thought I'd give it a go. I wasn't impressed at all when I found out I had to pay $25 in customs/duties. I realized after (from reading the fine print) that they do tell you you'll have to pay it and they have no control however, I never have to pay it with other companies or else they include it in their costs (I think that would be better than getting an unexpected bill at the end). I was super happy with the quality and feel like the clothes/shoes fit true to size tho :)

sarahs365
8/16/17

To be honest, I had a not so great experience with customer service over a misunderstanding on a return refund, but I totally amend my previous review!! A service rep contacted me after seeing my review and not only got my refund, but went beyond and above to give me a discount, which I think is even more than I deserve. Will definitely be ordering again now that I know how much care they give their customers.

nikye
8/12/17

I just have to put in a great review for an awesome customer service experience I received from lulus that I have never received before.

Just for the record, I always receive great customer service when dealing with Lulus but this one has really set the bar!

I ordered a skirt from their online store which was mailed to me however, in receiving the product, I realized the zipper had a defect and couldn't zip all the way down. I called their customer service line and explained it to them. They mentioned I take a picture and send as an email attachment to them but before I got around to doing that, they already emailed me the return label to send the item back. That was the first gold star*!(their sense of urgency).

When I finally emailed, I received feedback from an amazing representative that first apologized for the inconvenience, asked me to verify my address to send a new skirt out and gave me a $15 voucher for the inconvenience. 2nd gold star*!

Now this was what took it home for me- I was asked how soon I needed the product and I mentioned I wanted to wear it on Saturday if it was still feasible, seeing that it was the end of Wednesday and I still had to process the return on my end to send it back to them. Before I knew it, my package was sitting by my front door when I got back from work the following day(thursday!)

Lulus is amazing and I took the time to write this out because their customer service speaks volume about who they are and how much they value their customers. Also, did I mention that I love their clothes????!!!! I will forever be a lulus customer and thanks for the great service. Super excited to rock my skirt this weekend!

Shop at lulus.com!

anciea
8/12/17

A huge thank you for returning the cost of my shoes to my card. also, thanks for the $10 credit on my next order. this is perfect. i intend to reorder the very same shoes because i love it. and i will indeed continue to order from lulus. great customer service. you made my day. just wish i could return the shoes.thanks

jens353
8/11/17
• Updated review

“Impressed with their response!”
8/17/17
• Previous review

amandak86
8/10/17

I have been ordering from Lulus since 2011. I recommend Lulus to everyone I know. They are absolutely a legitimate company that you can trust with your credit card information.

My favorite clothing pieces are from Lulus and I also get the most compliments on my Lulus items. My #1 thing to order from here is definitely dresses but I do have a number of clutches, different jewelry pieces and a few tops as well.

I love the selection that Lulus offers as well as the excellent return policy.

I am happy that I can order from Lulus with confidence because they will allow me to return something if I do not like the way it looks or fits.

For the most part my sizing is always the same but you have to remember that Lulus sells items from different vendors so it is normal that sizing would be a little off... if I normally fit in a size large but I find that a vendor's idea of a large is not the same as some other vendor's idea of large and it does not fit, that is very normal and to be expected.

Lulus also offers coupons regularly-- the biggest I have seen is 20% off total purchase but you definitely see $10 off $100, 10% off total purchase and 15% off total purchase most often.

I have nothing bad to say about Lulus. They are my favorite place to order from and my closet is easily 85% full of items I have purchased from Lulus. I am a Lulus addict.

lexid2
8/7/17

To start, this is a 5 star review because I absolutely love this site and their dresses. I have ordered from here many many times and most of the time am very happy with the clothes and their quality. Of note, however, is that their standard shipping is the slowest standard shipping I have found online. If you need a dress in time for an event order in advance or pay for faster shipping! The sizing from dress to dress isn't always consistent but they have a good return policy so I feel comfortable ordering a dress I'm not sure about in multiple sizes and returning one that doesn't fit. Also, I have twice now received the wrong item. The first time this happened they informed me the item I paid for was out of stock so I simply had to go through the hassle of returning the incorrect item they sent me. The more recent time I ordered a dress for an event which I received just a few days prior to when I needed to wear it. When I emailed them asking which dress I received and explaining the situation they just offered to exchange or return the incorrect item, so I ended up wearing the wrong dress for my event due to the time constraint. It was a similar dress so it wasn't a catastrophe but I found it on their website and discovered that it would have cost less than the dress I paid for but didn't get. I am waiting to hear back from them on if they will refund me the difference for the dress I didn't receive. I also once received a dress with a tear in the material and was unable to exchange it because it was out of stock in my size - the best dresses sell out fast! Overall, this is a great online store with stylish, high quality clothing. Sometimes they ship the wrong item and only offer a return or a slow exchange, but I will continue to order from here.

EDIT: While I have still not heard back about if my credit card will be refunded for the incorrect dress, I did receive a $20 credit for their site. (:

alyssar18
8/4/17

Ok I order my dress on August 1,2017 at 7p.m. and I received it August 4,2017 at 11:30a.m. I was so excited!!! It's the color I wanted!!! I got it a week before it was suppose to come in.The dress was absolutely beautiful and fit perfectly!!! Thank you so much Lulus!!! Xoxoxo

heatherm175
7/24/17

I procrastinated buying a bridesmaid dress, and to my dismay I received it with a stain on the front. To be clear, the stain was likely from the place it was packed, not from wear. I contacted customer service asking them to be reimbursed for dry cleaning fees and they were more than happy to oblige $30 back on my $110 dress-impressive!). They also gave me 15% off my next purchase. All of the bridesmaids in the wedding party have ordered with lulus and we have all had fantastic experiences with customer service (someone was shipped shoes instead of a dress, oops). The way the one star reviews are worded lead me to believe that the reimbursement or promotions offered as reparation are less to those who do not approach these situations in a calm and open manner. Don't bite the hand that feeds.

brittanym68
7/24/17

I was skeptical after reading some reviews but I fell in love with two dresses and took a chance. On the website there is reviews from real customers who can enter their size, weight, etc and it gives you a chance to compare their reviews and your measurements to find the perfect size. Once I found the two dresses I wanted for my bachelorette party that is in a week I opted for three day shipping which was only an extra $9.00. They arrived right on time and I am in LOVE. Exactly how the website described them. I will be order again and recommending to friends.

lesliet51
7/18/17

I have bought 3 outfits from Lulus and I have been satisfied with them. It helps to look at the reviews on the outfit you are buying and looking at the models measurements and the other ladies who leave reviews at their measurements to compare to your self to fully imagine how the clothing will fit. I am going to be purchasing again very soon from them.

hayl219
7/14/17

I love the clothing, but sucks paying so much for CND prices and I got charged a duty tax of $96 this time for 3 dresses. A USD of $196 cost me over $350 in the end! Yikes. Cute clothing though. Two dresses I have to return for quality (zipper, and one was very sheer) and one I can't because it's Final sale( really pretty but weird in the bust area. But usually everything is awesome.

claudes15
7/13/17

Be aware that they do not cover return shipping costs if the order is outside the USA. You may also have to pay for customs and duties not to mention exchange rates. On a $118 order I had to pay $40 in customs and duties and $21 to return the order for 2 clothing items. Shop at Amazon.

angela2046
7/11/17

I love Lulu's I shop there frequently the site is easy to maneuver and the items on the site are always trendy and cute. Today I spoke to * the customer service rep who wasn't very helpful in accommodating my concerns and could care less about my issue. I later called back and spoke to * about my same issue she was more than willing to help and made sure I ended the call a continued happy customer. She's awesome.

*Personal information redacted by admin

hillaryg4
7/8/17

I have ordered from Lulu's several times and only recently had issues with two dresses that I ordered. One got a huge rip in the seam after only 10 minutes of wearing and another shrunk so short that it was unwearable even though I did not dry it and followed the washing instructions. Both if these issues should have been resolved with no problems however they initially refused to accept the returns due to it being over 10 days since I received them. After a few emails (and waiting days for a response) they agreed to a store credit if I returned the dresses. Nearly two weeks after I mailed the dresses back I finally got an email saying one dress had been refunded for a store credit. When I emailed about the other they stated that they only received the one dress ( I mailed both). So I then had to search for my mailed receipt with proof of weight that I did indeed mail both dresses. How does a company lose proof that I mailed two dresses? And why has it taken over month total to sort this out? I used to love Lulu's but unfortunately their lack of being able to correctly process exchanges and overall slow response time is a huge turn off. I guess we will see if I even get my full store credit for the items that I returned.

Update: Lulu's responded promptly to this review and is now refunding me for one of the items and doing a store credit for the other. They were courteous and I hope to have a better shopping experience next time.

kerryr20
6/21/17

I received a dress for my birthday from my husband. It has a problem in the hem so I need to return it. Turns out it was final sale. I sent an inquiry to them and they quickly got back to me that they would process a refund and gift me a credit for a future purchase. They would just like me to send a picture to their email and they will take care of the rest.
Thank you for making this a easy process.

courtneyp35
6/20/17

Have ordered from LuLu's many times. I recently placed an order and they shipped me the wrong size. I understand that errors can sometimes be made and although unfortunate, I was refunded the amount for the dress, plus shipping and was also given a $15 credit! Very happy with the employee at Lulus who helped me resolve this issue and listened to my frustrations. Customer service is everything. I will continue to shop at LuLu's now that I know that this is how issues are dealt with.

Helpful answer

I was charged tax and duties for mine, about 30-35% of the total purchase.

By Lani L. on 5/30/17
Helpful answer

Hi Anastasia! Thanks for contacting us. Restocking depends on a few factors. If this is a sale item and marked down, that specific item and color will not be coming back. If an item does really well on our site, we will restock it if the vendor has that option still. The season and color has a lot to due with restocking dates as well as we try to keep our site current. We list the dates on the specific item once we have a confirmation. If you wanted to call, chat or email in we would be more than happy to look up specific items for you! If you have any further questions or concerns feel free to email back or call us at 1-866-918-5858. Have a lovely day! XOXO

By Karen J. [Lulus Rep] on 3/25/17
Helpful answer

Hi Tina! Thank you for contacting us. All of our Prices are in USD. We are located in California. The material, price and origin on your item's all help in determining what your government will charge you in customs for duties and taxes. These are assessed as you are importing items into your country. Items that are made in the USA are less likely to be charged. I hope this helps! XOXO

By Karen J. [Lulus Rep] on 2/18/17
Helpful answer

Hi Kelly! To find the best fit and size for you, we recommend comparing your personal measurements (bust, waist, hip) to our size chart online. If the dress you're looking at does not have much stretch, you might consider sizing up for the best overall fit. I hope this helps point you in the right direction! If you have any other questions about sizing, please feel free to chat in with one of our Live Chat Stylists or give us a call at 1-866-918-5858. XOXO

By Megan R. [Lulus Rep] on 11/16/16
Helpful answer

Refunds can take up to two weeks.

By Anon Y. on 4/28/15
Helpful answer

As of 8/18/2015, they offer free returns when you postmark your return within 10 days of delivery, otherwise they charge you $7 for shipping it back.

By Anon Y. on 3/28/15
Helpful answer

Hello Jay! Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out! Our fastest shipping option is express shipping. This takes an estimate 3-5 business days to arrive and it is $35.00 USD! If you have any further questions or concerns feel free to email back or call us at 1-866-918-5858. Have a lovely day! XOXO

By Karen J. [Lulus Rep] 1 day ago
Helpful answer

Hello Mary! Thank you for contacting us! We get lots of customers contacting us about quinceanera attire. We would love to help find the perfect dress for you! Please give us a call or Livechat in and we can help you with anything from color to sizing!If you have any further questions or concerns feel free to email back or call us at 1-866-918-5858. Have a lovely day! XOXO

By Karen J. [Lulus Rep] 2 days, 20 hours ago
Helpful answer

Hi Kassi! Thank you for reaching out to us with your question. I am happy to help you. Depending where you are located, shipping times will vary. Here is the link to the Shipping info. If you are outside of the USA, we have those options aw well. https://www.lulus.com/customerservice/shippingusa Please let us know if you have further questions by calling us at 1-866-918-5858, email at love@lulus.com or us our Live Chat feature! Have a wonderful day! XOXO

By Karen J. [Lulus Rep] 1 week, 6 days ago
Helpful answer

Hello! Thank you for contacting Lulus! To initiate a return, please follow this link: https://www.lulus.com/returns If you would like your order by Tuesday, you will need to place the order with one day shipping before 10am PST tomorrow. This will arrive Monday. You can also place it with two day shipping for arrival on Tuesday.If you have any further questions or concerns feel free to email back or call us at 1-866-918-5858. XOXO

By Karen J. [Lulus Rep] 2 weeks, 5 days ago
Questions? Get answers from the Lulus staff and other customers.

18 Photos for Lulus