Review of Lulus

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

ritaj23
3/23/17

After paying the extra $9 for 3 BUSINESS DAY arrival the confirmation stated it MAY take longer because its a popular item!! After they take the expedited fee!! ILLEGAL. Then it arrived on the bottom of my driveway run over by a tire melted plastic all the way through to the dress. Called Tara and she instructed me to email pics to Love@lulus.com. And she would expedite a new shipping (dress was for a formal just days away). 28 hours later i get an email from Tara from a different address from the one she gave me saying sorry but havent heard from you!!! I sent her 3 emails This order was a nightmare. Im calling my bank in the am to reverse the charges.

meaganl4
3/23/17

The dress didn't fit according to their site. Which wouldn't be a big deal except I couldn't wait for the regular turn around time to wait for the next size after I ship it back so I ordered a second dress (communicating to their customer service team first I was doing so and was not advised they wouldn't be refunding the shipping!!) poor customer service and no way you 5,9 model wore the extra small when it wouldn't fit my SLIM 12 year old.... was telling all my sisters about this site ..... NOT ANYMORE !!!!

heidip17
3/22/17

I have ordered 5 dresses from Lulu's now and have kept 3 of them. I absolutely love the ones I have, and the return process for the two I sent back was super easy and FREE, which is always a plus.

My only tiff with Lulu's is that for the items I returned, I was not able to leave a review. That made me realize very quickly why everything has so many good reviews (because they're only from people that kept the item). It's frustrating to not be able to give feedback that could help other shoppers, especially since I rely so heavily on reviews for my purchases. It makes the reviews that I do see slightly less meaningful, since I know that there are probably negative reviews that would have been written if they could.

joans95
3/20/17

Terrible customer service! They do not have item availability listed on the website, instead they wait for you to order and pay for items, then wait 5 days to email you that item is on backorder. Do not order if you need for a specific date, because they will not tell you when item is coming in, then when it does they do not notify you or ask how you want it shipped, they send through USPS and WILL DO NOTHING FOR YOU. Any question you ask, they will give you the same canned response. BUYER BEWARE

angelak57
3/20/17

I have ordered from Lulus several times, for my daughters and I. Always to the same address. Now two deliveries have not arrived and I try to find out why and where the packages are. It is impossible to find out anything by chat, email or phone. A company like that should have a top notch customer service hotline or at least try to help not like "sorry you have to contact the delivery company yourself". we are talking US 500, thanks, but never again.

stacid2
3/18/17

I had a problem with a return, and Ashley and her supervisor came up with a resolution that was acceptable to everyone. Thank you!!!
This is exactly what customer service should be, and I appreciate it! I will shop on their website again, and highly recommend it!!!

bayy1
3/8/17

Great customer service! Can't wait to get my dress! I will definitely place another order soon. Lulus have really beautiful dresses

caitlins25
3/8/17

UPDATED REVIEW: Spoke with a manager on the phone and will let me return garment and get a refund. Yay! Thanks Lulu's, I really appreciate the resolution (although I would have preferred not to pay shipping, at least they will refund my money). I was browsing on their site last week for an upcoming event and am happy to go back and purchase knowing they will correct their wrongs!

OLD REVIEW: I have shopped at Lulu's several times - I love their dresses, the price point is good and the shipping is pretty fast. Safe to say, I would've been a customer for life.

UNTIL NOW. I wore a jumpsuit ONE TIME and hand washed it per the instructions on the garment -- the white became totally stained from the black pants. They won't replace per their policies as stated:

"We do not replace damaged or defective merchandise that was:

-damaged by abuse or negligence (exposure to chemicals, caustic substances, open flame, high heat, sharp objects, etc.)
-damaged by misuse, general wear, or activities other than the intended purpose

Please note the life expectancy of any product depends on the individual using the product, the conditions of use, and the characteristic wear patterns of the user. Products damaged by normal wear and tear or that have exceeded the reasonable life of the product are not replaced."

Yea, those are totally legit policies in regards to refunds and replacements, however.......

MY SITUATION IS NOT DESCRIBED BY ANY OF THE ABOVE. Clearly they don't believe in customer retention or backing their products -- instead they hide behind this policy even when the situation isn't the customer's fault and simply followed what their recommendations were.

Shame on you, Lulu's.

domoniqueb1
3/3/17

I have ordered items from Lulus in the past but this time was a horrible experience. I purchased a dress and some heels in a week and a half advance for a wedding that I was attending. I was so excited to receive my items, the shoes mainly, and was upset to see the only thing at my doorstep was a small plastic shipping bag. I opened it up, obviously seeing as the shoes weren't in there, and immediately looked at my invoice. I was shocked to see that my shoes were going to be sent separately but had no idea when they'd come. I paid for 3 day shipping so my items could come in before the wedding and am only receiving one without any notification.

I went onto the website and checked my order status and all that showed for my order was that the item was back ordered. How upsetting to see that they can take my money but not have the decency to tell me that it was back ordered. I decided to do the live chat and figure things out, and hopefully know when my back ordered item will come in.

My representative was nice to let me know my item was back ordered and apologized for not receiving the back ordered email they sent. She told me that my item could come between now and three weeks, but I didn't want to wait since the wedding is on Sunday. I decided to cancel the order, but totally upset that I won't be getting the shoes that I fell in love with the first time I saw them.

I don't think I'll purchase items from Lulus that often, due to having gone through this. Overall slightly satisfied with what I purchased, but upset about the way they run orders.

laurens180
3/3/17

I ordered from Lulus on Feb 14th. I was a little concerned since the reviews were somewhat mixed but I received my package earlier than expected. Everything was great quality for the price! I order two dresses, a t-shirt, and shoes. I was nervous that the shoes would not fit, but they are perfect. Everything I ordered was on sale. I will definitely be ordering again!

megank41
2/25/17

I've ordered from LuLu's in the past without issue, but it seems that maybe they're growing too quickly for their own good. I ordered about $400 worth of clothing for an upcoming trip and placed the order online 2 weeks in advance. I live in California (same state as their headquarters), so purchases typically delivery quickly. My order confirmation stated delivery between 2/24-2/28, which was great.

The funds were removed from my account almost immediately, which doesn't normally bother me. However, about 2 days after processing my order, I received an email that two of the items were on backorder and would ship "as soon as possible". I got on the live chat with them and asked about the estimated ship date, was told it would be anywhere from 1 day to 3 weeks. THREE WEEKS?! A) The item was very easily available on your website, with no note of it being low in stock or on back order 2) I've PAID for these items in full already and 3) You can't do any better than providing me with a three week window of time?

Long story short, the reprentative told me that they have multiple inventory locations, she didn't know where my items were, but she'd check with a different department and ask them to reach out via email to give me a status update. Still haven't received a reply. Got back on live chat today, spoke with a different rep who told me the same thing. I find it unacceptable to not make your customers aware that an item cannot be shipped right away and not only that, but also CHARGE the customer for these items without evening being able to tell them where the items are or when they will ship.

I would be very weary of reordering from them, unless I was in no rush to receive the products I paid for. I really don't leave negative reviews unless I feel very strongly about the situation. Pretty bummed out that no one was willing to help me resolve this in a timely manner, resulting in me trying to warn others about this.

******** UPDATE: LuLu's responded to my complaint in a very timely manner. Karen offered to see what she could do to expedite the items on back order. She did get one of the items out, but told me that they don't have the other item in stock (and don't know when they'd get it in). She also extended a $25.00 gift card for the website, which was kind of her. I wish it hadn't taken this review to get someone to help me, as I had live chatted with 2 representatives to no avail before posting on this site. Long story short, if you're not a hurry to get your items and you're okay with being charged for merchandise that the company may not even have in stock, I'd recommend them. I'm still not okay with the fact that they have items available to purchase online that aren't even in stock, and they don't even wait to charge you until they come in.

******NEW UPDATE******: It has been nearly ONE MONTH since placing my order (placed on 2/19) and I am STILL waiting on a pair of booties that I ordered. No update, no refund, no apologies for the delay. UNREAL! I tried to give them a fair shot to make this right but seriously, how do they run a business this way? They promised it would take no longer than 3 weeks to receive an item on back order. Guys, its been A MONTH!! There are no words. So insanely disappointed. Not to mention they had the balls to ask me to remove this review. Ummm, no. Maybe if they had fully resolved the issue and actually followed up with me like a professional company that TOOK MY MONEY, I would have considered. (Also can we also talk about the fact that one of their proposed solutions was offering me the same booties in a size 10.5 (TWO SIZES LARGER THAN I ORDERED?!). Come on. You've officially been forewarned about this company!

sarahj180
2/23/17

I purchased my first item from Lulu's a few weeks ago. It was a formal gown, and I was really excited because of the reviews it had gotten and because of the inexpensive price. Unfortunately, it was placed on back order and I was not able to receive it in time of my event. Nevertheless, the excellent customer service I received made up for my distress. The first time I called in after noticing it was on back order, the woman I spoke to was very concerned and told me that she would have it expedited, but told me she could not promise it would be here in time. The second call I made was the day before the event when it was still on back order so I obviously wasn't going to receive it in time. The woman was so helpful and apologetic and cancelled my order for me. The next day I received a thoughtful email apologizing for the inconvenience and they gave me $20 of store credit plus my refund in full. Can't wait to shop at Lulu's again!

bethanys26
2/12/17

I have ordered 3 times from Lulus, 2 orders I've already received and one that i just placed a few days ago. Great clothes, great service and pretty fast shipping. My first order with them was in December and received everything within a week. The last order I placed a week ago and received 2 out of the 3 items already, they quickly sent an email to let me know one item was backordered, and a few days later I got the email that they now had it back in stock and it shipped. I had one return from my order in December and it was super easy and fast. Will gladly continue to order from Lulus!

racheln30
1/18/17

The customer service is impeccable. Very refreshing experience in comparison to the same ol' same ol' standard customer service. They go above and beyond to take care of you and make you happy.

lindav37
12/16/16

I purchased 2 dresses from Lulus. One dress, which was a final sale, had a stitching defect that wasn't disclosed in the description. After contacting Lulus customer service they sent me a return label and refunded me for the dress.

laral12
11/23/16

Ordered from them a couple weeks ago, I paid for a fast delivery and it didn't come in time. They day the package arrived I wasn't home and they said I had to pay a 12$ fee if I still wanted it, I decided to get a refund but they had to keep a 15% restocking fee and 7$ for I don't know what. Anyways, I only got 20$ back for a 60$ order. Never ordering there again, I just lost 40$.

emilyb107
11/19/16

I chose to use Lulu's for my bridesmaid dresses. One of my friends didn't order the dress when everyone else did, so they sold out (because they are the cutest dresses!). After a full day of emailing back and forth with the super patient customer service reps, the dresses came back in stock with the best luck ever, and they sent me a personal email with a coupon code!

Being in customer service isn't an easy job, and I super appreciate this team! Not to mention, the quality of dress that I chose is perfect!

ashleyg97
10/31/16

Lulus consistently delivers me quality products, true to size. With most shipping being waived this is my favorite site to order from. I love all the the fun styles at great price points.

milkac
10/13/16

I am very scepticsl when buying online. Afraid of ooor quality material or poor workmanship. Also I am a Latina of course with a curvey figure and was afraid these dresses were gouge to be for more slender petite frame . But I was looking everywhere for a particular dress and only accidentally came accross it in LuLus fashion. I have to say that I had to return the first dress because I didn't realize I order it from the "junior" section so I had to return it.. I thought it would be a hassle .. but when I calle their customer service department they were excellent. No hassle no fuss .. and they explained I need to go a size bigger. My dress arrived about a week later and fit like a glove.
I'm extremely impressed by lulus fashion. They have not let me down thus far.

sarab76
10/6/16

I love Lulus' styles, I ordered a dress from their website which ended up being too small (I usually wear a medium, so thats what I ordered, and I was rather surprised that the dress ended up not fitting over my shoulders) but the material was quality and exactly as shown in the photo, and for only 45USD.
Im in the process of ordering another dress - as soon as I received my online store credit they ran out of stock on the same dress in larger sizing :( I have been sending questions to the company about their dresses and how they compare to the sizing of the dress I previously ordered and the service staff are so friendly and quick to reply, it takes all the fear out of online shopping.
Luckily I live in Canada and since Lulus products are made in USA and we have that lovely NAFTA, I paid no extra charges upon delivery.
The only thing I would suggest to the company is to have an area to choose which currency you want to see prices in, so international customers are less confused when they see their bank statement ahaha.

christinac91
10/2/16

I ordered several beautiful items from Lulu (which I love), but I decided to return a couple. I had two interactions with customer service about the timing of my return and the amount being refunded. Both interactions were quick, easy, and polite. They really worked to appease the transaction and it was so simple! I hate when shopping gets complicated - this was so easy, and I'm a happy girl with beautiful new clothes!

sadiew3
9/21/16

I ordered a dress that I ended up not needing, but I was having some trouble understanding the return system so I emailed customer service and withing ten minutes I had a friendly, helpful answer that answered my question and then some (it was also 7 o'clock on a Sunday evening)! A few days later my sister mistakenly ordered the wrong size and realized it about thirty minutes after placing the order. She called customer service and a very helpful young lady answered and got it all sorted out in a matter of minutes! It was very pleasant and hassle-free!

samanthaw44
8/29/16

I was iffy to order off of this site because I am not much of an online shopper and whenever I order something online it never turns out how it's supposed to. However, I just received my order from Lulus today and it is 100% what I wanted and then some! I cannot express enough how happy I am with my order. I typically don't write reviews but I had to in this case. I ordered a dress, heels, and necklace and everything turned out perfectly. It was great quality and great material. Hands down 5/5 stars.

quac1
8/13/16

Hello I have an coming up tomorrow 8/12/16. Ordered my shoes on Monday 8/8/16, they came yesterday 8/10/16. I love the shoes, just like In the picture but its a little to small. I ordered an 8 cause I wear an 8 but my toes are kind of hanging over the shoe. :(

kelseyb20
8/5/16

I would say I am between a 4 and a 5. I have shopped a lot at Lulu's online, so I have quite a few different experiences. My review is for those wary to try on of these side Facebook advertising online only clothing stores. I have tried a few online only clothing stores, and I think we all know most of the time what you receive in the mail is low quality, thin pieces with falsely advertised colors and patterns, which you wear 1-2 times and ditch later.

My thoughts on Lulu's:

-The styles are pretty chic and original / or chic and in fashion, and I always get lots of compliments. I MEAN a LOT of compliments.
-I have quite a few dresses dating back 3-4 years and they have held up well against time.
-I buy Lulu's for the styles they offer - the fabric is good but not great aka the fabric could def be of higher quality. In some ways it is on par or slightly better than what you get from Macy's, but way above Kohls, but def a tad below Express and American Eagle and perhaps even Modcloth. Then again I think generally speaking Lulus is cheaper than Express, and perhaps still even slightly cheaper than the ultimate Express coupon-er. AE items also tend to shrink over time - Lulus doesn't.
-Lulu's is expensive but its a steal when you find dresses on sale, and they do ship you a coupon after every purchase. Maxi's are always a bit more expensive in the 80-120 range for normal nice maxi's for going out or shopping in style, 40-80 for daily maxi wear, and 100-200+ sometimes for formal wear. But these dresses I don't wear 1-2 and forget about them in the back of the closet, I have worn them over and over again.
-They are true to size - I am 5'2'' and change and between 115-120 lbs depending on the time of year and an extra small fits me well. I have had to get some dresses tailored (but only if I really like the style and its worth the $ in the end). If you are in the 100-110 range expect to have things fit loose in some areas or get it tailored. Again, sometimes with these dresses I have found its def worth it. All in all, I like Lulu's because they offer a lot of styles for smaller / shorter women (A line, etc), that compliment our figure rather than fit poorly - aka hits below our waist instead of our waist and makes us look way thicker than we actually are.
-I have tall friends that also have found a lot of styles that compliment them well.
-They do arrive with a return label in the bag.
-Standard handling and shipping is within 5-10 days I have found. A bit on the long side, esp considering how much you spend sometimes to get free shipping.
-I only have had experience with the jewelry (which is cute - a cheaper version of Francesca's but I have had a piece for a year now and it has not tarnished) and shirts and dresses.

All in all, I would say give Lulu's a try.

123 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Lulus staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
julieh147
Julie H.
2 hours ago
Answer
karenj100
Karen J. [Lulus Rep]
A: Hi Julie!

Thank you so much for contacting us! I am happy to assist you. Denmark is a country that we ship to! We have 3 rates:

Economy Shipping: $15. (estimated arrival in 9-21 business days)
Standard Shipping $21 (estimated arrival in 7-15 business days)
Express Shipping $39.00 (estimated arrival in 3-5 business days)

Some helpful tips for ordering are to always check your address for accuracy when placing the order, tracking this often once it ships and contact your Post Office if they are unable to deliver your package.If you have any further questions or concerns feel free to email back or call us at 1-866-918-5858.

XOXO
Answer
karenj100
Karen J. [Lulus Rep]
A: Hi Gretchen!

Thank you for reaching out. We are not a company that sells or makes knockoffs. Bariano is a brand we have been carrying for several years now. When a brand is not listed it means it was made specifically for our site and is a private manufacture. All of our photos are Lulu's originals and are the exact of what we are sending you. If you ever want or need styling help or anything else please contact our site! You can call, email and us livechat!

If you have any additional questions, please let us know and have a great day!

XOXO