Review of Lulus

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

nicolem152
4/26/17

Shipping is verrryyy slow. I ordered a dress I plan on wearing this Saturday for my Junior prom and if it doesn't fit, I'm afraid I won't have time to find something else. I'm really upset I still haven't gotten a shipping confirmation and it's been 9 days! (It was supposed to come on April 20.

brittanih3
4/26/17

This was my first time purchasing through Lulus.com. I loved their selection of clothes, especially dresses. I found a couple dresses that I wanted to order for my graduation and graduation pictures. I ordered them 3 weeks ago now and I have yet to receive them. First they shipped my order to the wrong person, which I then had to wait for it to get back to Lulus which took over a week. Then when I was trying to find out when they could get my order to me, someone refunded me without me asking, which I then had to call and get sorted out since those items are now out of stock. They finally received my order in the warehouse 4 days ago and have yet to ship it out. When I called about it for what seems like the millionth time, they claimed that they are weeks behind and have thousands of items to go through and I am putting them even further behind by them trying to locate my items (items that they lost in the first place). This whole thing could have been avoided had they actually shipped the proper orders to the proper person. And now they supposedly can't locate my order in the warehouse. So maybe if I'm lucky I will have my items by graduation, though I've had to cancel my pictures. Good thing I ordered a month in advance. I will not be shopping from here again and I will advise my friends to not shop there either.

dejanaet
4/17/17

I had ordered $130 worth of clothing, shoes and jewelry from Lulu's for prom. I received everything at a timely manner (I paid extra for 3 day shipping though). Once I received the dress I found it to not turn out like I wanted it, and started a return to send back the dress, shoes, and a jewelry piece. I packaged those items up and put a shipping label on it myself. A couple days later I personally dropped the package off at UPS, and even received a receipt for my package drop off.
The next week I was contacted by Lulu's saying that instead of my return they received textbooks. Textbooks? I wouldn't have put textbooks in my return package, I didnt even have textbooks around me at the time I was packaging everything up. Either this is Lulu's fault, or UPS's. Either way, I've reached out to both companies and so far neither one has been able to provide me with an explanation as to how this occurred. I'm furious that I'm now out $130 with nothing to show for it. I no longer have the items, and have no idea where they are. Now I'm expected to pay for the "return" of the textbooks, even though they are not mine. Everything on my part was done correctly. Everything on theirs? I'm not so sure. This was my first (and last) time ordering from them. (1 star).

***EDIT: After this review I was contacted immediately by a Lulu's representative. After I got her message I called her and she let me know that she'd do her best through this case. Knowing that someone was handling it all made me feel at ease. Now, a week or so later, they're still reviewing this case but I was refunded. Thanks for your help, Karen! I appreciated it a bunch!

isabellab5
4/16/17

Very slow delivery still haven't got my shoes, in the mail yet ! Would like to know when I'm going to get my heels !!

marthat21
4/9/17

I have been ordering from Lulus for a while now and have ordered tons of clothing from them. I have never had a problem with returning clothing or exchanging. I recently received a pair of pants that tore the first time I wore them. I reached out to customer service unaware of what to expect and I must say aside from them responding quickly, they really wanted to make everyting right. Thank you so much Lulus! I appreciate everyone one of you for your quick response and giving me all my options.

tanyaj24
4/7/17

Would not order from here again. Shipping is toooo slow. I ordered a dress I plan on wearing and if it doesn't fit, I'm afraid I won't have time to find something else. I'll stick with Amazon from now on.

EDIT: A mere few minutes after I left this review, Lulus contacted me and made it right. Karen advised UPS was having issues with delivery so she contacted them to cancel that order and is reshipping my dress to arrive Monday 4/10. Thanks Lulus

Tip for consumers: Awesome. My dress did indeed arrive as promised on Monday. Unfortunately, it didn't fit so I sent it back and ordered another one. Thanks Lulus

anitab50
4/6/17

I'm over 55 and just received my first order I was Leary because of reviews but I have to say I'm highly impressed with my order. I love everything good quality for the price.

tiffc3
4/5/17

I reached out to the Lulu's customer support team multiple times (at least 5-6 at this point), and I have gotten slow responses, evaded answers, and lack of resolution.

I was supposed to be sent 4 items in total. After I place the order, 2 items are placed on backorder. Since then I have tried to get an accurate refund for about a month. Lulu's has an incredibly inefficient and error-prone returns/cancellation system, which is causing incredible frustration despite my following the required process exactly. Lulu's needs to give me the refund I am due.

I returned the 3 items I was actually sent, even the backordered one, within 2-3 days of my receiving them. Yet, Lulu's is still trying to charge me return shipping costs on what should be free return shipping and also trying to claim that they haven't received items that I returned in the same package as another item they said they did receive. During this process I have faced no less than 3 errors on the part of Lulu's sales/returns department, so it is safe to say I am not convinced. I have bought online for years, and never faced such unhelpful customer service, except maybe the 1-2 unscrupulous sellers on eBay. This is the first time I have purchased from Lulu's. I have so far been refunded less than half of what I am due and have now reached out to PayPal to try to get a better resolution.

--- update: after leaving this review someone from Lulu's did help me find a resolution, so I am now very happy with that. Finally, I can put this situation to rest, and I appreciate their courteous tone throughout the ordeal.

joycea28
3/29/17

Honestly, their clothes are really cute and i could spend hours browsing the site. My first time shopping here, I bought a dress for an event with express shipping and my order came in exactly 6 days, it was very cute and material was great, but the size was too small - so I exchanged it. My exchange experience was horrible, first I was on hold for around 20 minutes and the worker incorrectly put in my order so I had to call again and wait another 20 minutes for them to fix it. Again I bought express shipping ($35 freaking dollars in Canada), knowing it would come in around 6 days. HOWEVER, its been almost a week and my new order hasn't even left the warehouse. Talked to customer service multiple times and they are NO HELP, all they did was reiterate facts to me I already knew, telling me "it might ship out later today/tomorrow" and they don't have any answers to my question. Wasted my money on express shipping for a dress I can't wear to my event. NEVER shopping at Lulu's ever again.

EDIT: Karen from customer service reached out to me and provided a refund on my shipping costs! Excellent customer service even when I wasn't satisfied. Thanks Lulus!

lizap9
3/29/17

I really like ordering from Lulus. The items are good quality, they come quickly, and the customer service is good. This is a nice company to order from. The customer service is amazing.

elizabethp110
3/29/17

Ordered the Road to Rome Berry Red Wrap Maxi Dress, it's reviews were great so I took a chance. The dress is pretty, it's a bit difficult to figure out how to properly put it on (it's a wrap dress) and it did not include instructions. The fabric however sadly shows EVERY imperfection or undergarment detail. Unsure if I will return the dress and purchase one similar from another site. I think if you are stick thin with no curves then this is the dress for you.

heidip17
3/22/17

I have ordered 5 dresses from Lulu's now and have kept 3 of them. I absolutely love the ones I have, and the return process for the two I sent back was super easy and FREE, which is always a plus.

My only tiff with Lulu's is that for the items I returned, I was not able to leave a review. That made me realize very quickly why everything has so many good reviews (because they're only from people that kept the item). It's frustrating to not be able to give feedback that could help other shoppers, especially since I rely so heavily on reviews for my purchases. It makes the reviews that I do see slightly less meaningful, since I know that there are probably negative reviews that would have been written if they could.

stacid2
3/18/17

I had a problem with a return, and Ashley and her supervisor came up with a resolution that was acceptable to everyone. Thank you!!!
This is exactly what customer service should be, and I appreciate it! I will shop on their website again, and highly recommend it!!!

bayy1
3/8/17

Great customer service! Can't wait to get my dress! I will definitely place another order soon. Lulus have really beautiful dresses

caitlins25
3/8/17

UPDATED REVIEW: Spoke with a manager on the phone and will let me return garment and get a refund. Yay! Thanks Lulu's, I really appreciate the resolution (although I would have preferred not to pay shipping, at least they will refund my money). I was browsing on their site last week for an upcoming event and am happy to go back and purchase knowing they will correct their wrongs!

OLD REVIEW: I have shopped at Lulu's several times - I love their dresses, the price point is good and the shipping is pretty fast. Safe to say, I would've been a customer for life.

UNTIL NOW. I wore a jumpsuit ONE TIME and hand washed it per the instructions on the garment -- the white became totally stained from the black pants. They won't replace per their policies as stated:

"We do not replace damaged or defective merchandise that was:

-damaged by abuse or negligence (exposure to chemicals, caustic substances, open flame, high heat, sharp objects, etc.)
-damaged by misuse, general wear, or activities other than the intended purpose

Please note the life expectancy of any product depends on the individual using the product, the conditions of use, and the characteristic wear patterns of the user. Products damaged by normal wear and tear or that have exceeded the reasonable life of the product are not replaced."

Yea, those are totally legit policies in regards to refunds and replacements, however.......

MY SITUATION IS NOT DESCRIBED BY ANY OF THE ABOVE. Clearly they don't believe in customer retention or backing their products -- instead they hide behind this policy even when the situation isn't the customer's fault and simply followed what their recommendations were.

Shame on you, Lulu's.

domoniqueb1
3/3/17

I have ordered items from Lulus in the past but this time was a horrible experience. I purchased a dress and some heels in a week and a half advance for a wedding that I was attending. I was so excited to receive my items, the shoes mainly, and was upset to see the only thing at my doorstep was a small plastic shipping bag. I opened it up, obviously seeing as the shoes weren't in there, and immediately looked at my invoice. I was shocked to see that my shoes were going to be sent separately but had no idea when they'd come. I paid for 3 day shipping so my items could come in before the wedding and am only receiving one without any notification.

I went onto the website and checked my order status and all that showed for my order was that the item was back ordered. How upsetting to see that they can take my money but not have the decency to tell me that it was back ordered. I decided to do the live chat and figure things out, and hopefully know when my back ordered item will come in.

My representative was nice to let me know my item was back ordered and apologized for not receiving the back ordered email they sent. She told me that my item could come between now and three weeks, but I didn't want to wait since the wedding is on Sunday. I decided to cancel the order, but totally upset that I won't be getting the shoes that I fell in love with the first time I saw them.

I don't think I'll purchase items from Lulus that often, due to having gone through this. Overall slightly satisfied with what I purchased, but upset about the way they run orders.

laurens180
3/3/17

I ordered from Lulus on Feb 14th. I was a little concerned since the reviews were somewhat mixed but I received my package earlier than expected. Everything was great quality for the price! I order two dresses, a t-shirt, and shoes. I was nervous that the shoes would not fit, but they are perfect. Everything I ordered was on sale. I will definitely be ordering again!

megank41
2/25/17

I've ordered from LuLu's in the past without issue, but it seems that maybe they're growing too quickly for their own good. I ordered about $400 worth of clothing for an upcoming trip and placed the order online 2 weeks in advance. I live in California (same state as their headquarters), so purchases typically delivery quickly. My order confirmation stated delivery between 2/24-2/28, which was great.

The funds were removed from my account almost immediately, which doesn't normally bother me. However, about 2 days after processing my order, I received an email that two of the items were on backorder and would ship "as soon as possible". I got on the live chat with them and asked about the estimated ship date, was told it would be anywhere from 1 day to 3 weeks. THREE WEEKS?! A) The item was very easily available on your website, with no note of it being low in stock or on back order 2) I've PAID for these items in full already and 3) You can't do any better than providing me with a three week window of time?

Long story short, the reprentative told me that they have multiple inventory locations, she didn't know where my items were, but she'd check with a different department and ask them to reach out via email to give me a status update. Still haven't received a reply. Got back on live chat today, spoke with a different rep who told me the same thing. I find it unacceptable to not make your customers aware that an item cannot be shipped right away and not only that, but also CHARGE the customer for these items without evening being able to tell them where the items are or when they will ship.

I would be very weary of reordering from them, unless I was in no rush to receive the products I paid for. I really don't leave negative reviews unless I feel very strongly about the situation. Pretty bummed out that no one was willing to help me resolve this in a timely manner, resulting in me trying to warn others about this.

******** UPDATE: LuLu's responded to my complaint in a very timely manner. Karen offered to see what she could do to expedite the items on back order. She did get one of the items out, but told me that they don't have the other item in stock (and don't know when they'd get it in). She also extended a $25.00 gift card for the website, which was kind of her. I wish it hadn't taken this review to get someone to help me, as I had live chatted with 2 representatives to no avail before posting on this site. Long story short, if you're not a hurry to get your items and you're okay with being charged for merchandise that the company may not even have in stock, I'd recommend them. I'm still not okay with the fact that they have items available to purchase online that aren't even in stock, and they don't even wait to charge you until they come in.

******NEW UPDATE******: It has been nearly ONE MONTH since placing my order (placed on 2/19) and I am STILL waiting on a pair of booties that I ordered. No update, no refund, no apologies for the delay. UNREAL! I tried to give them a fair shot to make this right but seriously, how do they run a business this way? They promised it would take no longer than 3 weeks to receive an item on back order. Guys, its been A MONTH!! There are no words. So insanely disappointed. Not to mention they had the balls to ask me to remove this review. Ummm, no. Maybe if they had fully resolved the issue and actually followed up with me like a professional company that TOOK MY MONEY, I would have considered. (Also can we also talk about the fact that one of their proposed solutions was offering me the same booties in a size 10.5 (TWO SIZES LARGER THAN I ORDERED?!). Come on. You've officially been forewarned about this company!

sarahj180
2/23/17

I purchased my first item from Lulu's a few weeks ago. It was a formal gown, and I was really excited because of the reviews it had gotten and because of the inexpensive price. Unfortunately, it was placed on back order and I was not able to receive it in time of my event. Nevertheless, the excellent customer service I received made up for my distress. The first time I called in after noticing it was on back order, the woman I spoke to was very concerned and told me that she would have it expedited, but told me she could not promise it would be here in time. The second call I made was the day before the event when it was still on back order so I obviously wasn't going to receive it in time. The woman was so helpful and apologetic and cancelled my order for me. The next day I received a thoughtful email apologizing for the inconvenience and they gave me $20 of store credit plus my refund in full. Can't wait to shop at Lulu's again!

bethanys26
2/12/17

I have ordered 3 times from Lulus, 2 orders I've already received and one that i just placed a few days ago. Great clothes, great service and pretty fast shipping. My first order with them was in December and received everything within a week. The last order I placed a week ago and received 2 out of the 3 items already, they quickly sent an email to let me know one item was backordered, and a few days later I got the email that they now had it back in stock and it shipped. I had one return from my order in December and it was super easy and fast. Will gladly continue to order from Lulus!

racheln30
1/18/17

The customer service is impeccable. Very refreshing experience in comparison to the same ol' same ol' standard customer service. They go above and beyond to take care of you and make you happy.

lindav37
12/16/16

I purchased 2 dresses from Lulus. One dress, which was a final sale, had a stitching defect that wasn't disclosed in the description. After contacting Lulus customer service they sent me a return label and refunded me for the dress.

laral12
11/23/16

Ordered from them a couple weeks ago, I paid for a fast delivery and it didn't come in time. They day the package arrived I wasn't home and they said I had to pay a 12$ fee if I still wanted it, I decided to get a refund but they had to keep a 15% restocking fee and 7$ for I don't know what. Anyways, I only got 20$ back for a 60$ order. Never ordering there again, I just lost 40$.

emilyb107
11/19/16

I chose to use Lulu's for my bridesmaid dresses. One of my friends didn't order the dress when everyone else did, so they sold out (because they are the cutest dresses!). After a full day of emailing back and forth with the super patient customer service reps, the dresses came back in stock with the best luck ever, and they sent me a personal email with a coupon code!

Being in customer service isn't an easy job, and I super appreciate this team! Not to mention, the quality of dress that I chose is perfect!

ashleyg97
10/31/16

Lulus consistently delivers me quality products, true to size. With most shipping being waived this is my favorite site to order from. I love all the the fun styles at great price points.

130 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Lulus staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
sherronh1
SHERRON H.
1 week, 2 days ago
Answer
karenj100
Karen J. [Lulus Rep]
A: Hi Sherron!

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Most of our items do fit true to size. If they do not, we list instructions to size up or done. :) The best way to find out how an item will fit you is going to be measuring yourself for your bust, waist and hips and comparing it to our size chart which is listed online. Also take into account the spandex content or the elastic waist bands as that will allow some extra stretch! Also, we are a junior size retailer, so our clothing does run smaller than standard women's sizes. I would like to invite you to use our Live Chat feature on our site. We have stylists standing by to help you with all of your sizing questions.

If you have any questions or concerns feel free to email, live chat or call us at 1-866-918-5858.

XOXO
Answer
karenj100
Karen J. [Lulus Rep]
A: Hi Krislynn!

Thank you for contacting us! The best way to find out how an item will fit you is going to be measuring yourself for your bust, waist and hips and comparing it to our size chart which is listed online. Also take into account the spandex content or the elastic waist bands as that will allow some extra stretch! Also, we are a junior size retailer, so our clothing does run smaller than standard women's sizes. I would like to invite you to use our Live Chat feature on our site. We have stylists standing by to help you with all of your sizing questions.

XOXO