Review of Toy Avenue

Tel: 1-888-843-2836
info@avenue.com

donnaw315
12/4/18

Would not refund me for jewelry that arrived broken - 3 items broken in one order. Then for the first time in 10 years I returned two items within the return timeframe and they would not accept them! they said I can get them back for $8.95 or they would 'donate' them to a charity in my name! yeah, right, they would resell them for sure. I have spent thousands of dollars there over 10 years and I will never spend another penny. Customer service is horrible! 3 follow up calls and 5 emails to not get refunded for the broken jewelry. I take my business elsewhere and I would say "Buyer Beware' with Avenue!!!

I never had a return until now and I see how they really don't care at all about their customers so they deserve to lose them!!!

maries120
7/25/18

Have shopped here many times. They have some really pretty jewelry. The prices are $$ to $$$. Anything I've ever ordered from here is beautiful, made of quality fabrics. They do have great sales and offer minimum order free shipping. Worth a look-see.

marcellae3
4/3/18

I'm not recommending Avenue online. One of the only ways I can allow myself to shop online is if it's returnable and they wont let you return items on sale. Which is most of them. Bad policy if you ask me. So I was forced to pay to ship the item back to me or donate it to a local charity. I donated the item. very disappointed in the company though. Won't be purchasing from them again. :(

deankag
1/16/18

I will never shop this store again. I tried to sign up for the assurance program to get a gift card, only to be told that I had signed up for it when I got my card. Which, i most certainly had not. Turns out the sales clerk who signed me up for my card, signed me up for this program without my permission. And nobody at the company seemed to care that something had been done without my permission to my credit card. They refused to do anything about it, so I cancelled my card. I'm beginning to think the sales person did it on purpose just so I wouldn't be eligible for the gift card. I'll never shop there again.

tikeithal
1/9/18

I placed 3 separate orders for boots. The first order was fine (no problem). The second order I ordered a sz 12 w and received an 8 wide in a 12 box. Called customer service was told that I can get free expedited shipping on next order. So I ordered the same boot sz 12 w black, this time I received another 8w except this time the boot was actually brown but still in a 12 wide box. Called again was told to return for full refund, taking to fedex in the morning. I will update after return is complete.

erinp42
7/13/17

I went to the closest store to where I live which was the Nashua, NH store off of Daniel Webster highway. First time ever shopping here was greeted upon entering, but no name was given if needed help and was never informed of any sales. I looked up and down left and right not finding too much. Online definitely had more to choose from that looked more appealing. I tried on quite a few items only found 1 shirt and one pair of butter denim pants. Upon check out a different women who looked to be the stores manager seemed friendly at first. We chatted I gave her my coupons and at the end she offered me the magazine subscription. This is where things took a wrong turn and both me and my nana were stunned. I picked out 3 and because I had a picked out one geared more towards African American women she stopped me and stated "you know that's a "colored persons" magazine right? With such a nasty face and tone. I said I'm aware (I am a Caucasian person) but then she replied with "I just didn't know if that would bother you?" I replied with why would it? it's only a magazine. She sneered and brushed it off as if it was normal to say "colored people" we are in 2017 right? I was so shocked that a cashier would make such a comment in front of me who is a young girl in her 20's and my nana who just happens to be on the darker side skin tone wise. How did she not know if my husband was black or if I had black children? or if my nana was black? People especially employees of a store should be very careful with whom they speak with and especially what they say and how they say it. That ruined my experience completely. I walked out of there with a sinking feeling in my stomach I wish I had just stopped the transaction and walked out without anything in hand. That is how much this women whose name I did not get but will be following up with put a sour taste in my mouth. I thought companies weren't allowed to discriminate I thought all our free to shop where they please here in the United States of America? Well apparently because I am a white girl subscribing to a black persons magazine I am frowned upon. Need less to say I will not only never return to this store I will make sure my friends and family do not attempt to either. Racism is disgusting and we live in a world where still everything has to be about black and white. To me it's not about color it's about character! I will be reporting this to their customer service 800 number as well!

Tip for consumers: The women I had check me out at the register was tall on the heavier side short dirty blonde/brown hair.

revac
7/5/17

Please, do not order or buy in store from these people. I bought a pair of dress shorts for 49.99, they sell them year round. Washed how it said to and laid out to dry. There are tiny copper looking threading all in the private area and up the seam to the abdomen. Refused to take them back or exchange them. People are so rude. Called customer service, the lady(could barely speak english) stated, "we are online company for Avenue, you have to go to the store.....smh, never, ever, never, waste your money here!!!!!

crystalp30
5/11/17

I am so disappointed. I bought hundreds of dollars worth of clothing from Avenue. I then got a pair of jeans that was miles too long. After trying them on, I folded them neatly and put them back in the plastic bag. I paid out of pocket over $9 to return them. Received a call saying they could not refund any money as they were damaged. WTH??? I disagreed with the woman and she said they would receive a second review. Get another call a week later. The original decision stands. These jeans were never worn except to try on then quickly remove. They kept the jeans and I get an email thanking me for my donation. What a scam!!! Bet they are selling them again. Definitely BUYER BEWARE

elainej24
4/19/17

Would not accept an item for return stating it was over 60 days. They go by order date, not date I actually received the item. Also took them over 3 weeks to process return. They then wanted to charge me $8.95 to return item to me or they would donate to charity. Will NEVER shop the Avenue again!!!

Tip for consumers: Buyer beware!!!

katinat3
4/9/17

Forty %off any item if you apply for a Avenue card on line. I did, got approved, but no 40%off... When I called costumer service an spoke with "Ivan" the lies started pouring out his hard to understand his broken English mouth.... No 40%code, an refuse to let me speak with the supervisor.. He claim the supervisor was busy... When I told him I would be calling to report the issue, he refuse to give me the supervisor name... Instead of giving me what was promised he tried to calm me by offer other bull$#*!. GIVE ME WHAT WAS PROMISE.... Avenue customer service is a bunch of rude lying people... I got approved for the card on 4/9/17 on a Sunday... I will be calling first thing Monday morning to cancel 4/10/27 to cancel... Catherine's have better people skills & policies....I WILL NEVER SHOP THERE AGAIN AN I HOPE THE CEO READS THIS... Y'ALL NEED TO DO BETTER... AN GET RID OF THE LIES!!!!!! IT DON'T LOOK GOOD ON YOU

lisad195
2/4/17

I was asked 5 times if I would be using their Avenue card. When I got up to the register I was told they don't take the Retail Me Not coupons and the only coupons they take are the ones that come with THEIR credit card.

Dressbarn and Lane Bryant will treat you much better and accept coupons.

susanw154
2/3/17

I tried to return an item I bought online for exchange. After 3 weeks of not hearing anything from them, I finally heard back from them with a phone call. They said my item was rejected for a refund or exchange because of pet hair. I don't even own a pet. Tags were still on the item. Numerous calls and asking to speak to a manager or supervisor, when I was told there was no manager, have yielded no results. I was told I could pay for return shipping to me or they will donate the item to charity, Horrible customer service. I will never buy from them again.

anikl1
11/26/16

I am really not happy about this. Tha tall boots wer on sale all of them for 29.99 US and when i tries to bye a paire none in my size so i clicked on just about all of the boots and to my surprise no sizes were available at all for all of them. So the next day witch is today a Saturday they have 50% on all in store so clicked on the same paire of boots and look at that they wer available how ever no longer the same price more expensive. Really not happy about this i fill like the hole 29.99US was a scam its to bad because i bought alot lot of close from this store. And i am a canadien i paye internationale fees so i am always looking a good deal however when this happens its not cool.

lorio7
11/21/16

Clothes shrink fray before wearing with light hand wash.

sherrib11
10/22/16

I made an online purchase and returned (it didn't fit right) it using their label and packaging. They called and said they would not be giving me credit. I told them to send it back to me FREE of charge and they said I owed them 8 bucks for that ........never did the online purchase say it was not returnable!! They were rude!!! they were not customer focused and I will NEVER shop with them again!!! Too bad...I just sent over $400 at your competitor.

lisab282
10/21/16

Was so very excited when I found a pair of boots online at Avenue.com. When I received them they were too big, I returned them with the paperwork for an exchange. Today I see a credit to my Paypal account for $16.56 less than what I had originally been charged. So they not only didn't send me the exchange, they charged me for sending them back for the exchange I didn't even get. This policy is horrible. Don't order from this site unless you are sure it is going to fit!!!

cindym118
9/17/16

I made an online Avenue purchase totaling $117.18 on 09/04/16 using Paypal as the payment method. I picked up my package at the store today, 09/17/16. I tried the items on while there but due to a fit issue I returned two of the items. Since I paid with Paypal they would only refund my money with a gift card/store credit.
When using Paypal for The Avenue online purchases their website should have a disclaimer in LARGE BOLD PRINT warning customers about using Paypal for their purchase and the lack of a true refund other than a gift card. As it stands, their offering of Paypal is dishonest and extremely deceptive.

whitneyh15
8/10/16

I ordered a set of bras from their online site and was excited to get them in because it was hard to find my size and proper support locally. First they sent me the wrong size; I called customer service and the lady told me to return it to the local store and I would get a full refund immediately. When I went to the store, they would only offer me store credit because I paid through paypal which is not what I was told. When I called customer service again, the man told me apart from that, he could offer me to return the bras to the warehouse and they would give me a full refund..... in three weeks. He also stated I could not reorder because they were now out of stock of my particular bra size. The clerk at the store then informed me that they never carry that size in the style Im looking for despite the website stating they did.

This was the worst experience in customer service I have ever had! And as hard as it is to shop for decent supportive bras... I was beyond upset. I will not be shopping here ever again.

emilyc95
7/27/16

I have been a customer of the Avenue for many years and when they closed our store locally I started purchasing online. I normally do not return but this time I had 3 items that I just did not like. I tried them on and promptly put each item back in the plastic bag they were received in and a week later I used the Avenue return label and put them in the mail. They emailed me and told me that they could not refund my money because they were damaged or the tags were not on the items. HELLO......I only tried them on. As with others on this review site, I will not be purchasing again from this store. There are too many choices for plus size women that will stand behind their product and their customers. Maybe this is why so many of their stores have closed. I refused to pay the return shipping and told them to donate to charity. I guess they will be put back in inventory and resold. Is this how you make your money?????????

samanthas78
7/24/16

I live in California and have been purchasing Avenue clothes and shoes ever since they opened their Whittier location (years ago). They use to have coupons often and could be used on everything including sales and clearance! I have an Avenue card and have purchased over $4,000 worth of clothes and shoes. I recieve their coupons But they have many restrictions on coupons and what coupons can be used together. One of the reasons I go to the Avenue is it convientally across the street from my home. At times i was unable to drive but could at least walk. Over the years I've had health issues and or car accidents that have helped my weight fluctuate. So i found the need for plus-sized clothing. I've tried online plus-purchases but can run in to size and or return issues. I buy their shoes since they have wide size avaiable. Some of my reasons that make me feel Avenue clothing is poorly made

-Shirts stitching comes undun, fades quickly, almost all of my shirts, blouses, tank tops, etc.
-Beading always falls off clothing and Shoes.
-Pants, seams unravel at waste/ ankle and fade after a couple washes
-Underwear unravels at waist
- Shoes beads and jews come off, straps break, linning and bottom off shoes come off /unglued
They are Cute styles but none of my Avenue shoes lasted over 9 to 12 months.

I much rather drive to A Torrid at the Mall and pay same prices for Quality clothes that are not all the same just varying prints and shoes that are of Better Quality

Submitted my cellphone
July 2016
Age 34
Sizes purchased over the years 14 to 20

cheryls67
5/5/16

I've ordered from Avenue so many times. I've never had any problems. The prices can be a little high unfortunately, but the products are good. I returned a dress one time without a problem. Got my money back minus the return shipping cost.

sp921
3/29/16

Never EVER order online from this company!!!!!!!!!!! I placed an order March 3rd, and was promised delivery within THREE days....it's now March 29th and my order has still YET to arrive!! It's lost somewhere in transit.....Avenue claims it shipped, FedEx has NO record of receiving this order!

Meanwhile.....my credit card was charged for the full amount and has YET to be refunded! Avenue has kept my purchase tied up in bureaucratic hell!! They keep stating that my claim needs to be sent to their head office, and that a response is forthcoming within 3-5 business days!! Yeah right!!!

This is irresponsible and greedy of this company! If my package was lost in transit, that is THEIR problem to rectify with THEIR courier!!!!!!!!! This problem should NOT fall on the shoulders of their CLIENT!!!!!!!

I AM DEMANDING A RESOLUTION TO THIS ISSUE!!!!!!!!!!!!

emilym76
1/31/16

When shopping in this store, I receive poor customer service nearly every time I go in. The latest was a sales person that threw the clothes I was trying on in a pile instead of hanging them. She also had something to say about why I was returning a dress that was too short on me. I don't appreciate the rude comments or their unwillingness to help. I wanted to purchase more than one pair of pants and they said they couldn't order it, I would have to do that. They also stopped accepting their coupons on clearanced items. Lane Bryant bends over backwards to find what you need and the coupons are good on clearance merchandise. I'm over the Avenue.

carolineg18
11/23/15

Omg returning is a nightmare. 7-10 days for a mailed return label (they misprinted mine oops). After being told I would be emailed one (haha she was mistaken, not our policy). So finally the label comes and I return a coat I tried on once, ONCE, no tags removed, put right back in the plastic, packed along with a pair boots to be returned. No refund for the coat. Apparently it wasn't in a returnable condition. I can either pay to have it back or have it sent to charity. Now I don't mind charity. I have a favorite right up the street that gets all of my hardly worn items I get on clearance and can't return. When it's made CLEAR I won't be seeing my money again. So if you're reading this, go into shopping on Avenue knowing you may or may not get a refund. And a lot of their items are hand wash hang to dry. Good if you've got money and time to burn, but there are waaaay better sites.

lianer
11/20/15

I recently purchased two pairs of dress pants from a store in Texas and when I wore one pair within two hours the seams were falling apart and they were the appropriate size. I was upset and went back to the store and the very rude associate told me they would not accept the pair that was worn because they can't resell them. They wanted to resell defective clothing. In no sense is that appropriate. Then when I was trying to return the unworn pair, she was very short with me and told me they couldn't accept the pair because it was wrinkled and had a few cat hairs on it because, "people have cat allergies". I have heard some terrible reasons as to why things can't be returned, but that one blew my mind. I regret ever stepping into the store and wasting my money. The company was useless when I contacted them and wanted to charge me more. I will never shop with this horrible company ever again. Their clothes are overpriced, the quality is terrible and their customer service is laughable. Don't waste your money, there are plenty of other reputable plus size clothing stores that know how to treat customers correctly. I hope Avenue as a company gets shut down soon so others don't have the same problems.

Questions? Get answers from the Toy Avenue staff and other customers.

4 Photos for Toy Avenue