Review of ModLily

ModLily reviews

service@modlily.com

sophial48
3/20/19

Modlily is HORRIBLE! Beware of ridiculously long shipping time.
I wish I had read the reviews on this site before ordering from Modlily. I am disappointed and furious about their shipping process and sizing. I placed an order with them of 4 items one and a half months before a planned trip. The order was sent in 2 packages, with the first arriving one-month later. The send was shipped out two weeks later, even after I had contracted Modlily through their crappy so-called customer service process, via their website since they do not have a phone line and their hours are in the middle to the night. I have been tracking on the FedEx system my order daily and over a week went by between of that "a label being created with FedEx, and the order being shipped. No, this morning, I see on the FedEx tracking system that my order will arrive by the end-of-day on my traveling day. For package 1, the order arrived 2 days after day stated on the tracking system. This means that my order which I need for my trip, will not arrive in time. This is terrible. Had they been honest about their shipping process, I would have paid for the expedited shipping or gone elsewhere. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS AWFUL SHAMEFUL SCAN OF A COMPANY! They should warn customers about your delayed shipping if they order more than 2 items, as only two bathing suits fit on one package. I have already bought another bathing suit from another LOCAL, online company, and dealt with their higher prices, well worth the lack of frustration. Lane Bryant Cacique bathing suits are much better products and arrive in just a couple of days. I regret EVER EVER having ordered from Modlily. Shame on Modlily!!!

debraw189
3/7/19

I purchased a bathing suit and it came and the material wasn't even bathing suit material it was rough and didnt stretch. I returned it and they refused to accepting it saying it was stained! I literally took it out of the bag felt the material and immediately returned it and they are claiming it is stained! That is such a lie! I requested the item back to prove a stain and no response!!

seanss
3/6/19

Extremely small!! I am a size 8-10 and I ordered a small based on the information provided in the size guide, but the dress is incredible small! Definitely will be returning this item!! With regards to the material and appearance, it is beautiful! Unfortunately let down by the sizing

centaurj
3/1/19

Our Horrible review is just like all the others! Bathing suit didn't fit so it was returned promptly whithout being worn. They finally responded by saying they couldn't refund because it was stained.... Bull...then they said 30 days had passed so they couldn't refund!! PLEASE GO RIGHT TO YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY AND EXPLAIN THE SITUATION SO YOU WILL GET YOUR REFUND..SCREW THESE GUYS!!!

marionr24
2/25/19

Awful quality and so far from the described items that they are laughable. Oh and so easy to log into your account to order and almost impossible to get in after that. i.e when you want to complain or get a refund. Emailing them does not help when trying to arrange for return and refund and it is impossible to work out what the company's return requirements are.

paulap50
2/22/19

Purchased 3 items (2 orders) they were shipped from China and took 74 days to arrive. The sizing was off and I quickly learned how horrible their customer service and returned procedures are. They don't want you to send anything "signature required". Now I know why. They claim never to receive your items and don't process refunds. Luckily I used UPS and have a tracking receipt. Its been almost 60 days, still no money. No more Chinese companies for me. 5

andrear108
1/24/19

Good service, the only thing is I didn't know when exactly it was getting shipped but I received it in a timely manner and the order was correct

cherylm359
1/13/19

I ordered 3 tops on 12/9/18. My CC was charged immediately. I didn't receive the tops until 1/10/19. Totally ridiculous to take 1 month. The quality is ok. Although I did order a size larger, one of the 3 is too small. Also, none of the tops have a name tag or fabric tag or how to care for tag. I don't know who these people are but I would highly recommend you do not order from them.

maryh721
1/7/19

I ordered a Christmas top on December 1, 2018. The site did not indicate that shipment would take more than three weeks until the order was completed and my card was charged (immediately)
Be aware that the product is shipped from China.
I see that there are many negative reviews in regards to returns. I would not want to have to try this.
My top arrived on Christmas Eve. I was not able to use it for the holidays. However, I do intend on wearing it next year. It is an XL and is a bit small for that size. So order a size larger than what you normally get.
The length is great, the colors are bright and true to the ad. The fabric is 100% polyester, not a cotton blend as described in the ad.

susang499
1/3/19

I ordered Holiday tops. They were cheap looking, material was horrible 1970's polyester I order 4 shirts all mediums. One was so tight I could not get it on, one was huge and the other two just fit really weird. NEVER AGAIN. Came from China

carolu6
12/31/18
• Updated review

They are horrible. The picture shows them to be actual coats, with a flair at the bottom, shaped through the body of the coat. It looked like something you could wear to a party. In truth it is shapeless, bulky, and completely un-coat like. More like a sloppy sweater you've had and worn for 10 years, that your grandfather had worn 30 years before that. It is only good for dog-walking. Terribly misleading in the picture.

“Think twice before ordering from this company.”
12/11/18
• Previous review

I had ordered 2 coats several weeks ago. Never received. Cancelled Visa with bank. Enquiry now gone

Tip for consumers: I don't trust this company. I cancelled my Visa with my bank, in case they decide to misuse that.

elaineo35
12/28/18

Quite simply the purchase was never received. The tracking info says it was delivered - well it was not. I ordered plenty of items for Christmas all arrived except this one. I wonder if the item was even shipped. Multiple ticket submissions yielded no response. I am out money. I will never order from them again. You've been warned.

janr118
12/27/18

Ordered 2 items, they were too big, sent them back for a different size, they won't respond to my emails. So I'm out the money for the items and shipping them back

rs296
12/25/18

I thought I would check them out and bought a few items ... The clothing is of poor quality, smells of chemicals - AND - you can't return or get any response from them at all.

I have made numerous attempts to return, filled out the proper forms on their site, and still no response. It is a SCAM!

ritam137
11/29/18

Company based out of China. Ordered 3 items. All made cheap. I wanted to return one item. Tried several times to chat online - no response. They don't offer any telephone number. Their return procedure is impossible to navigate through I put in 2 tickets and never heard back from them. Beware - I will never order from them again.

melindah59
11/17/18

It is a company based in China that sells cheap clothes, sized way too small and refuses to give back a full refund even though you pay for shipping. They want to nip you a few or a lot of dollars for taking back a shipment. They also make it so difficult to do returns ... with exact demands, exact wording on package, no use of mail packages from your home, must be a selected shipper that gives a tracking number. When you do reach agreement on the shipment coming back, while they list your full purchase price on the online receipt as the refund they will give you ... it comes back less than they promised. Scam company . Avoid.

darlenef36
11/7/18

Sent back $115 worth of clothes after purchasing $285 worth. Went through PayPal for payment. After a whole lot of back and forth tickets and notes to Modlily they finally agreed to refund my $. Then it took 6 weeks before I finally got a check. The check was over $8 less than my $115 because everyone had to get a cut of the refund. I also paid $10.15 to mail the clothes back to Modlily and I did not realize PayPal would have refunded my return cost until it was past their 30 day refund period limit. Anyway for those wondering if Modlily actually does send a refund well I did get one but what a hassle! Some of the clothes were nice but not really worth all the trouble I went through. Just buy American!

bonnies190
10/4/18

This business is in China. Clothes do not look like the pictures and are of cheap material. Return policy is impossible. Save your money! I wish I had read the reviews before ordering.

katies198
10/4/18

I do like their clothing, but my complaint is, I ordered a shirt that was according to them out of stock. They charged me for the shirt anyway, and will not refund my money.
It's best to buy from an American company, as they're much easier to deal with.

deem114
9/30/18

I took a chance but was completely disappointed. Terrible quality and no refunds! Picture of sweater was so cute but it looks nothing like the photo advertised.

georgeannal
9/27/18

I was impressed with picture of top and goofed off and ordered one. My big mistake. Too large not like usual small size and slick material. Would be embarrassed to give it away .It is white sweatshirt style with blue designs what a mess.

kellyh307
9/21/18

I ordered 3 tops and I hate them all. They are cheap and look nothing like the pictures. The tie dye sweatshirt is a joke...made of some slick fabric with a 'picture' of tie dye printed on it. The beige and gray hooded sweater isn't anything like the picture. The gray floral is huge and some horrible fabric. I wont even try to return them after reading other reviews. I wish I had done that before spending over $100. Very disappointing. This should be outlawed!

robertp713
8/16/18

I bought items through this sorry company,,,they were too big and when i wanted a return all they would do was offer 20% and i pay return shipping. They order all their stuff from china and your lucky to get it in 30 days......This company has shady business practices so order at your own risk,,,,it sure isn't a risk to them!!!

colleend6
8/10/18
• Updated review

It's too much of a hassle to deal with them. The shirts I got were cheap polyester, not sized appropriately, and as I've already said, the returns process is a hot mess, not in a good way. Their returns process was *marginally* easier than Rosegal, who I suspect is just another shell company attempting to sell the same shoddy merchandise. Really, I think Rotitia, Rosegal, Modlily and Rosewe are all the same company, across different webpages - there's just too many similarities. I wouldn't knowingly shop with any of them.

“Ordering a larger size than usual didn't help; and returns a hot mess!”
7/23/18
• Previous review

I ordered a few shirts from Modlily, not wanting to do lot of business with an unknown, especially online. I knew Asian sizes run smaller than American equivalents, so I ordered one bigger than my usual. It still wasn't enough and I started the returns process. That's one of the reasons I picked Modlily - they have a return policy that other Asian companies do not. I even saw the same shirts for less on Amazon, but with no return policy - they are all obviously from the same manufacturer. I thought by comparison, I was safe paying more for a better company.

But I guess the buying/selling process is also different in Asian countries - maybe haggling on returns is normal. But I found it annoying; and it made the returns process overly complicated. If something as simple as clothing doesn't fit, then why do I want to keep it, especially if I'm *not* getting all my money back? It just seems cheap to me, though again, it could just be a cultural difference.

Either way, clothes are sent back., finally; and I am waiting on my refund, which they say could take 10-20 days (!) even with PayPal, which is not who I used to make payment originally. So, not a good experience and I will not be back. I'm going to delete my account (if possible) after my refund; and just stick to clothing companies I know.

anga3
8/8/18

This company is fake and unreliable with their products, delivery method and lengthy availability of the items been sent to you.Their products look shabby, not exactly what it shows on the website as. They don't send correct sizes of the items, leaving the customers in Limbo.
I will definitely not have any business with them again, they should be completely shut down

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I wish to start off by telling you that we are extremely sorry about the situation. I have followed up your case and our team will solve it for you. Can you please submit a ticket? Our customer service will resolve the problem in 1-2 working days. Please mention that you are from sitejabber website.

By Sofia M., ModLily Representative

our size is Asian size and runs small for western size, you can choose 1-2 up more information, pls check our size chart

By Sofia M., ModLily Representative

Thanks for your feedback. First of all, sorry for any inconvenience that it may bring. Please kindly note that the size of this item is based on Asian size and generally it runs small. And there is a size chart for each item under the product information. So please make sure you have checked size chart and measurements before purchase. In this way, if the size is not fit, you can return for exchange or return. Please update your ticket and asking for return address, dont forget mention that you are from sitejabber. We will send a full refund after order returned and received. Regards,

By Sofia M., ModLily Representative

Thanks for your feedback. We have been devoting to offer good products with low price, but it maybe up to your expectation. So you could return anything you want, under the condition it's in original condition. Postal service is a good way to return, and I suppose its not much expensive. After we get the return package, 100% refund will be issued. Our customer service will send the return address to you, please submit a ticket ASAP and we are expecting for an earlier reply. Please mention that you are from sitejabber. Best Regards,

By Sofia M., ModLily Representative

Hello, we ship the order from China

By Sofia M., ModLily Representative

Contact your CC company and cancel the transaction

By Bernadette O.

Here is the mail reply I received today concerning my request for a return. "We are sorry for that. How about we apply 15% refund for the trouble to you and you can sell it or send it to someone who can wear, ok? if you return the item, it will take a long time to ship back and it will cost too much, it is not worth, right?

By Pat M.

By Sofia M., ModLily Representative
Questions? Get answers from the ModLily staff and other customers.

ModLily?