Review of ZARA

Tel: 1-855 635 9272
contact.es@zara.com

jasminej50
2/14/19

I ordered some stuff on zara.com and they easily missed to send me one of my items without even refunding me! And when I tried to return part of my purchase after 32 days which I was literally just 2 days late, they didn't accept it. Stupid customer service. Not gonna shop from Zara again!

luz2
2/12/19

My package was shipped out on Dec 27th, and I picked it up from Purolator facility on January 2nd. Returned the package to Zara main office via Canada Post and they received it on January 30th. However, package got returned to me a week after. I was advised it has passed 30 days, there's no way to return it. My QUESTION is shipping time was also included in the 30 days - this is ridiculous. Also asking Zara if I can get store credit because I shop at Zara a lot, but the answer is NO.

All is all, no shopping at Zara ever AGAIN!!!!

zoyas6
2/5/19

I never purchase anything from ZARA. I tried to return some itmes from ZARA.com, they didn't accept it!! They had just some excuses!! My itmes all with original tags and good conditions!! they didn't accept my returns, say its not smelling good. Very poor customer service!! they stolen my money!! Please be aware!!

susied19
1/16/19

I purchased a coat before Christmas the lining was falling out of the cuffs and I brought it back 2 days after their 30 day policy! I live out of town over 100 km from store I'm a senior and am handicapped!!! They would not give me my money back on my credit card only gift card! Also wasn't to buy back coat at sale price and get it fixed but they said no! And they did not have any more in stock anywhere! Store manager said this is our policy and I called customer service line and they said the same thing!!! Would not let me speak to someone higher up!!! NO CUSTOMER service!!!!

sherrib77
1/15/19

Wow! I thought I loved this store until I had a problem with a coat I purchased (Loved the coat!!). This company needs to focus on customer service. After a bad experience on the phone in one store I called another store
Examples -phone rings 20 times at 10:30AM
Finally they pick up say they can't help and hang up on you. Call back as for mgr they hang up again KIng of Prussia location
Call another store -they tell you to call customer service. Ask for a district leader
And told we don't have one
Call CS they direct you to call the store! What a joke.
Great clothing and stores staffed with associates with no skill set for customer service

cherryc22
1/15/19

I ordered 17 items online from Zara, and they only sent me 10. I keep asking through their customer service team, and they say the warehouse only confirms that they mistakenly packed three items. And they will not be responsible for the remaining 4. What a shame! If there is an error, this is highly possible that the other items are mistakenly sent! I have been buying from them from time to time, yet I guess this is probably the last time.

farazs3
1/9/19

I purchased clothes from them in December. I requested a shipping label which was not received. I contacted their horrible customer service dept they escalated the request to a so called manager. Tenisha the manager called back from the call center and was of no help. She stated they could not take the items back since they were past 30 days return. For their mistake I have to pay the price. Never shopping at Zara again.

Tip for consumers: Dont Shop here. Stay Away!!

marias483
1/4/19

The website was easy to navigate. Prices are very reasonable. I received my shipment 4 days early. The quality of the clothing was impeccable! I ordered a pair of courderoy pants, blouse w/ belt, black and white sweater and a beautiful blazer. Very pleased with Zara.com

la69
12/29/18

Their return policy is 30 days and for x-mas they extend it 15 days from Nov 15 to Dec 30 instead of Nov 30 to Dec 30. - I think 15 days is pretty lame. I bought the item on Nov 10!

The reason for my return is that their sizing is consistently off. My daughter is very petite and this dress is so off - she can't even get this dress thru her head!

singy
12/14/18

Ordered from them many times in-store and online. Never receive my products from online purchase recently and will not reship or refund or store credit.

deed166
12/14/18

I ordered an item online during Black Friday and had it delivered to the store. When I finally received the item it was an entirely different order from what I payed for. The very next day I gave it back to the store I picked it up from per instructions from customer care. Apparently they didn't believe that I sent it back because a case had to be opened to prove that I returned the wrong items before I could receive the item I payed for. After a month of calling someone made the decision to refund me my money which I did not ask for. I called and told them I did not ask for a refund but all they could do was apologize. I was never compensated for my inconvenience. I will never shop online at Zara again. I'm sure my bad experience will go unnoticed by Zara since they are too big of a company to care about their customers anymore.

inokj
12/8/18

Zara has the worst customer services l had experienced in my 30 years as a customer. I bought a shirt blouse without trying it on and when I got home there was no receipt. Next day I went back to the same location asking for the receipt and showed the proof of purchase from online credit card transaction. The store manager gave me the number to contact the customer service and they can track the receipt. l contacted them and talked for an hour giving all the information and being put on hold by them.
Zara customer service representative told me they got the all the information to track the bill and will contact me next day but they never did it.
I called them again and this time a guy answered and l had to give all the information again and he told me to get the credit card statement from bank and store will do the exchage or refund. Reading all the bad reviews from website,I asked for an email from them to ensure that is how to go about it but he said no without any explanation. When I asked to talk to a supervisor he said they didn't have a supervisor or a manager. Trusting the customer representative, l went to the bank to get physcial copy of bank statement and went back to Zara. The store manager declined any exchanges without an email from customers service. I called the customer service again talked to the same guy, he put me on hold for a while and said that his supervisor told him they cannot do anything about it.
At this point l didn't care for the money anymore, they just didnt want to be bothered with tracking the transaction for the customer service instead telling lie to customer hoping customer will give up after a few run around. Each time when l called Zara customer service number, l wasted good hour explaining over and over. From the beginning, it was Zara casher who didn't put the receipt in my back or give to me.
I am still amazed by how they can get away by treating customers like this way. Zara has the most unprofessional employees both on the phone and the stores.
I will not contribute to this giant bullying cooperate company anymore

bs198
12/7/18

I have ordered many items online from Zara over the past few years. Some items have poor quality but I have had luck with good quality for most. Unfortunately, in my most recent order, I received a cardigan sweater for my 3 year old that has loose threads on the edge that look to have been tied together in a knot. I contacted the customer service over the Chat functionality and it was a terrible experience. Not only did it take the representative 4-5 minutes to respond to each message, but she had me text her photos of the item and said it had to undergo an internal review process that takes 24-72 hours. THEY sent ME a defective product yet it has to undergo a review before they return or replace it?! I will not be purchasing from them again. If you decide to, you'd better hope everything arrives in mint condition.

kenr142
12/7/18

Zara has the most unprofessional employees both on the phone & via Chat. Including their managers. One called my phone from 1-855-635-9272 and when I answered, they hung up, this was just their way to say they called but not speak with the customer or attempt to resolve any issues. They all need to be retrained in customer service. Beyond their rude behavior, the clothes are overpriced with poor quality fabric. Do yourself a favor and shop elsewhere.

mandym93
12/3/18

This is the worst customer support I have ever experienced in my life. I buy everything online and I shop for children clothing a lot, as I have 3 kids. My neighbor recommended Zara to me for my daughter some clothing. I ordered 7 items and the package came disshelveled and the tissue was wadded up in my box, and I received 4 out of my 7 items. When I called customer service, they told me they would open a "case" to review. So, to start, they didn't believe me and thought I was stealing from the CO. I then called back 2 weeks later to ask the status of the "case". They said it was denied as the warehouse said they packaged all the items. The customer service rep left a note saying she called to let me know, but I never received a call. I called back and spoke to a manager, who was equally as rude and nonchalant. The are "reviewing my case" still. I called back today, to have the first rep hang up on me, and the second rep said they were having "system issues" and assured me she would call me directly back. Her name was Chakevia. I never received a call back. I will continue to call until this is settled but I have never experienced anything like this in my life, so I want to continue to speak out until its resolved.

brianh607
11/29/18

For the fifth time Zara UK online did nothing about my complaint (either the manager was too busy to talk to me or return 'phone call as promised not made). It is without doubt the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Treating customers like this is a disgrace and brings your company into disrepute. I will not shop with Zara again and would advise nobody else to do so.

kristenc106
11/27/18

Worst customer service ever. Won't ship products between stores and won't take payments over the phone.

enderl
11/22/18

I have not yet gone to the store, but my wish may be to buy some flannels with their original pattern, I'm sure that I will soon go, because the Zara brand is my passion.

jesnettew
11/21/18

They have a strict 30 day return policy but every time you call them they give you a "window" of 24-48 hours to get back to you.
Therefore your expiry date on your returns keeps getting nearer until...lo and behold, someone leaves a message on your phone.
Call it back, and hey, guess what?...another 48 hours before you're allowed to speak with a senior member of staff..
They do this long enough and you're past the return date. Scam.

stellag21
11/19/18

As a physical store, I have never had any problems with Zara at all. This was my second time ordering something online and it was an atrocious experience. I ordered a jacket and a pair of boots that I had wanted for some time. As I was tracking my package I found out that it said it had been delivered, but it said it had arrived in Pennsylvania when my address is in Maine. I called only to find out that my package had been returned to them and on top of that the items I had wanted were sold out and for some reason, they could not resend the package. Everyone was avoiding my questions on where my package truly was and I had to pry them to even learn if I was going to get a refund. A week later I got a call from someone saying the same thing that my package was lost and they could not give me the items, still no mention of when my refund would come in. Almost 3 weeks later I finally called them again asking where my $100 was and now I am expected to wait for them to "review" my case before my refund is processed which will most likely take another 2 weeks. As a college student, $100 is a lot and to not have my clothes or my money until a month and a half later is horrible.

shannonm242
11/19/18

i always go to zara for my spring, winter, summer, heck even fall wardrobe! for some reason their clothes fit me perfectly and ive never had to get anything altered. a step above h and m , but so much better quality. one thing ill mention is that cust service tends to be a little snooty, as they gave me a hard time when i had to return something. but other than that, clothes quality is great for me :)

evieb7
11/17/18

I am not regular customer here, I made several orders during this year. They always have a great choice. I like the quality of its clothes. I got an email about new winter collection and already like some items.
Recently I ordered a sweat piggy shirt for my niece. It is her birthday on Sunday. It's been a week since I made a purchase and still wait for the order. This is the first time happened to me. I hope to get the shirt by Sunday.

kimj169
11/16/18

I ordered a shirt on line that was sewn improperly so I couldn't even get a sleeve on. When I tried to return it, I was told to open a case and send pictures. I called over 15 times and got more ridiculousness! It has now been 2 months and I am still getting stupid responses from them!!!!

lirona1
11/15/18

If I could only give zero! The worst customer service ever! I bought a jacket, after two days the seams opened up. The manger was disgusting! They told me they won't take the jacket back or fix it! Their online service could care less!

megans184
11/15/18

I never complain about a company online but this felt necessary. I recently was gifted baby clothes from Zara for my baby shower. I returned some items along with a gift receipt through the mail. After about 2 weeks, I called to see if they had received the package and to make sure the credit would be returned to me and not the gift giver (so that she would not know I returned her gift). They read back my email to me and said the credit would be sent there. A week later, I called back and was told the credit was actually emailed back to the gift giver. I awkwardly asked the gift giver to look through her email and she did not see a credit. Three days later, I called Zara back and was then told the credit was sent back to her credit card and there was nothing they could do to get the credit to me. The very, very rude customer service rep told me that he didn't see why I couldn't call the gift giver and ask her to send me the money for her gift. He said he did not know why they didn't see the gift receipt with the package, or why I was told three different stories each time I called. He would not transfer me to anyone else and said that he was the highest person I could speak with and took no ownership for their mistakes. Needless to say, I would not return anything via mail and trust that you will receive the credit, even if you do everything in the instructions to receive it.

173 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Nothing. They won't help you at all. Good luck! Don't ever buy from them again!

By Joan C.

Honestly, I love the company's sense of style and their clothes. I hate the volumes at which they sell, so nearly everything you buy you see on someone else within weeks. I despise their customer service and the disdain and disinterest of their assistants. The aggressiveness of their security guards is unparalleled, particularly in the Hong Kong stores where staff are paid to follow customers around the store shouting 'Hello, Welcome' at the top of their voice to announce they are behind you checking that you are not stealing anything!!! Unsurprisingly, during the week there are more of those staff scaring customers to death, than there are customers. This company is TOXIC and needs a completely new approach to customer services. I am an Associate Professor in a UK Business School and use Zara as an example of how NOT to run a retail company.

By Lynne B.

I think it depends on what is the best shipper for the best price and the fastest delivery time frame. I've received ZARA orders via both UPS and OnTrac in the PNW, USA. Returns are picked up by UPS.

By Rosalie D.

You must be joking? They don't respond when all is well and good in the same country but another one?........

By Germaine S.

Questions? Get answers from the ZARA staff and other customers.

ZARA?