Review of ZARA

Tel: 1-855 635 9272
contact.es@zara.com

singy
12/14/18

Ordered from them many times in-store and online. Never receive my products from online purchase recently and will not reship or refund or store credit.

deed166
12/14/18

I ordered an item online during Black Friday and had it delivered to the store. When I finally received the item it was an entirely different order from what I payed for. The very next day I gave it back to the store I picked it up from per instructions from customer care. Apparently they didn't believe that I sent it back because a case had to be opened to prove that I returned the wrong items before I could receive the item I payed for. After a month of calling someone made the decision to refund me my money which I did not ask for. I called and told them I did not ask for a refund but all they could do was apologize. I was never compensated for my inconvenience. I will never shop online at Zara again. I'm sure my bad experience will go unnoticed by Zara since they are too big of a company to care about their customers anymore.

inokj
12/8/18

Zara has the worst customer services l had experienced in my 30 years as a customer. I bought a shirt blouse without trying it on and when I got home there was no receipt. Next day I went back to the same location asking for the receipt and showed the proof of purchase from online credit card transaction. The store manager gave me the number to contact the customer service and they can track the receipt. l contacted them and talked for an hour giving all the information and being put on hold by them.
Zara customer service representative told me they got the all the information to track the bill and will contact me next day but they never did it.
I called them again and this time a guy answered and l had to give all the information again and he told me to get the credit card statement from bank and store will do the exchage or refund. Reading all the bad reviews from website,I asked for an email from them to ensure that is how to go about it but he said no without any explanation. When I asked to talk to a supervisor he said they didn't have a supervisor or a manager. Trusting the customer representative, l went to the bank to get physcial copy of bank statement and went back to Zara. The store manager declined any exchanges without an email from customers service. I called the customer service again talked to the same guy, he put me on hold for a while and said that his supervisor told him they cannot do anything about it.
At this point l didn't care for the money anymore, they just didnt want to be bothered with tracking the transaction for the customer service instead telling lie to customer hoping customer will give up after a few run around. Each time when l called Zara customer service number, l wasted good hour explaining over and over. From the beginning, it was Zara casher who didn't put the receipt in my back or give to me.
I am still amazed by how they can get away by treating customers like this way. Zara has the most unprofessional employees both on the phone and the stores.
I will not contribute to this giant bullying cooperate company anymore

bs198
12/7/18

I have ordered many items online from Zara over the past few years. Some items have poor quality but I have had luck with good quality for most. Unfortunately, in my most recent order, I received a cardigan sweater for my 3 year old that has loose threads on the edge that look to have been tied together in a knot. I contacted the customer service over the Chat functionality and it was a terrible experience. Not only did it take the representative 4-5 minutes to respond to each message, but she had me text her photos of the item and said it had to undergo an internal review process that takes 24-72 hours. THEY sent ME a defective product yet it has to undergo a review before they return or replace it?! I will not be purchasing from them again. If you decide to, you'd better hope everything arrives in mint condition.

kenr142
12/7/18

Zara has the most unprofessional employees both on the phone & via Chat. Including their managers. One called my phone from 1-855-635-9272 and when I answered, they hung up, this was just their way to say they called but not speak with the customer or attempt to resolve any issues. They all need to be retrained in customer service. Beyond their rude behavior, the clothes are overpriced with poor quality fabric. Do yourself a favor and shop elsewhere.

mandym93
12/3/18

This is the worst customer support I have ever experienced in my life. I buy everything online and I shop for children clothing a lot, as I have 3 kids. My neighbor recommended Zara to me for my daughter some clothing. I ordered 7 items and the package came disshelveled and the tissue was wadded up in my box, and I received 4 out of my 7 items. When I called customer service, they told me they would open a "case" to review. So, to start, they didn't believe me and thought I was stealing from the CO. I then called back 2 weeks later to ask the status of the "case". They said it was denied as the warehouse said they packaged all the items. The customer service rep left a note saying she called to let me know, but I never received a call. I called back and spoke to a manager, who was equally as rude and nonchalant. The are "reviewing my case" still. I called back today, to have the first rep hang up on me, and the second rep said they were having "system issues" and assured me she would call me directly back. Her name was Chakevia. I never received a call back. I will continue to call until this is settled but I have never experienced anything like this in my life, so I want to continue to speak out until its resolved.

brianh607
11/29/18

For the fifth time Zara UK online did nothing about my complaint (either the manager was too busy to talk to me or return 'phone call as promised not made). It is without doubt the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Treating customers like this is a disgrace and brings your company into disrepute. I will not shop with Zara again and would advise nobody else to do so.

kristenc106
11/27/18

Worst customer service ever. Won't ship products between stores and won't take payments over the phone.

enderl
11/22/18

I have not yet gone to the store, but my wish may be to buy some flannels with their original pattern, I'm sure that I will soon go, because the Zara brand is my passion.

jesnettew
11/21/18

They have a strict 30 day return policy but every time you call them they give you a "window" of 24-48 hours to get back to you.
Therefore your expiry date on your returns keeps getting nearer until...lo and behold, someone leaves a message on your phone.
Call it back, and hey, guess what?...another 48 hours before you're allowed to speak with a senior member of staff..
They do this long enough and you're past the return date. Scam.

stellag21
11/19/18

As a physical store, I have never had any problems with Zara at all. This was my second time ordering something online and it was an atrocious experience. I ordered a jacket and a pair of boots that I had wanted for some time. As I was tracking my package I found out that it said it had been delivered, but it said it had arrived in Pennsylvania when my address is in Maine. I called only to find out that my package had been returned to them and on top of that the items I had wanted were sold out and for some reason, they could not resend the package. Everyone was avoiding my questions on where my package truly was and I had to pry them to even learn if I was going to get a refund. A week later I got a call from someone saying the same thing that my package was lost and they could not give me the items, still no mention of when my refund would come in. Almost 3 weeks later I finally called them again asking where my $100 was and now I am expected to wait for them to "review" my case before my refund is processed which will most likely take another 2 weeks. As a college student, $100 is a lot and to not have my clothes or my money until a month and a half later is horrible.

shannonm242
11/19/18

i always go to zara for my spring, winter, summer, heck even fall wardrobe! for some reason their clothes fit me perfectly and ive never had to get anything altered. a step above h and m , but so much better quality. one thing ill mention is that cust service tends to be a little snooty, as they gave me a hard time when i had to return something. but other than that, clothes quality is great for me :)

evieb7
11/17/18

I am not regular customer here, I made several orders during this year. They always have a great choice. I like the quality of its clothes. I got an email about new winter collection and already like some items.
Recently I ordered a sweat piggy shirt for my niece. It is her birthday on Sunday. It's been a week since I made a purchase and still wait for the order. This is the first time happened to me. I hope to get the shirt by Sunday.

kimj169
11/16/18

I ordered a shirt on line that was sewn improperly so I couldn't even get a sleeve on. When I tried to return it, I was told to open a case and send pictures. I called over 15 times and got more ridiculousness! It has now been 2 months and I am still getting stupid responses from them!!!!

lirona1
11/15/18

If I could only give zero! The worst customer service ever! I bought a jacket, after two days the seams opened up. The manger was disgusting! They told me they won't take the jacket back or fix it! Their online service could care less!

megans184
11/15/18

I never complain about a company online but this felt necessary. I recently was gifted baby clothes from Zara for my baby shower. I returned some items along with a gift receipt through the mail. After about 2 weeks, I called to see if they had received the package and to make sure the credit would be returned to me and not the gift giver (so that she would not know I returned her gift). They read back my email to me and said the credit would be sent there. A week later, I called back and was told the credit was actually emailed back to the gift giver. I awkwardly asked the gift giver to look through her email and she did not see a credit. Three days later, I called Zara back and was then told the credit was sent back to her credit card and there was nothing they could do to get the credit to me. The very, very rude customer service rep told me that he didn't see why I couldn't call the gift giver and ask her to send me the money for her gift. He said he did not know why they didn't see the gift receipt with the package, or why I was told three different stories each time I called. He would not transfer me to anyone else and said that he was the highest person I could speak with and took no ownership for their mistakes. Needless to say, I would not return anything via mail and trust that you will receive the credit, even if you do everything in the instructions to receive it.

monicac131
11/12/18

I stopped shopping at Zara years ago for the only reason their return policy and customer service is awful. I recently received a gift for my son from Zara oh great. I had to exchange a straight exchange for size and they refused to do it. I contacted customer service and they still aren't resolving my issue or return. The item I want to do a straight exchange still has tags on never been worn it's a straight exchange same item for the correct size. It was a gift that was purchased in Europe from my in laws who didn't keep receipt would receipt even work here in Canada. They carry the item here the exact item I just need the correct size. I don't understand your policy it's ridiculous and I will continue to never shop there again and I hope to never receive any gifts from your store ever.

fionam63
11/11/18

Zara is mostly filled with garbage that falls apart WAY TOO EASILY! I wear a top once or twice and then it's torn. There are a few odd pieces here or there that last longer but overall in terms of quality they SUCK!

bellas42
11/11/18

The quality is usually pretty good, prices are reasonable and it's easy to find stores in major cities. And of course there is the online shopping experience, but I wouldn't recommend it simply because you can't try on the clothes beforehand.

irinas31
11/8/18

I went to the Zara store in my hometown and bought 9 items, i did not try them on since i know my size and was in a rush. When i got home i realized that one of the shirts has a hole in the seem, so naturally i decided to exchange it for the same item. When i got to the store they have told me that the inside tags were missing and therefore they are not able to exchange the item and that is most likely what has caused the rip, however the item was already sold to me with the hole in it. After going back and forth with the manager and getting denied to exchange the damaged good that was sold to me BY THEM i decided to call the customer service where they did not care at all and said that since the manager assessed the item the decision will stay as is. Long story short Zara
has the worst customer service that i have ever encounter with and they do not care at all. I will never shop there again, they are a total JOKE.

shahezadm
10/19/18

Mine T-shirt has a hole and they are exchanging in 350 rs. I have been struggling to get it return there faulty product

ashleyj147
10/17/18

Pretty decent company and services. I bought a warm coat here and I was satisfied with it. The shipping was fast and the product was delivered in a proper condition. The customer support team is quite polite, however it takes time for them to replay to my concerns.

juliaa86
10/17/18

I like this brand, even though many people think otherwise. The fabric of clothes and the quality of the products are suitable for the price and I always receive nice services from people who work there. Zara is a pretty decent place, where you can find fashionable clothes and accessories.

if7
10/9/18

Beyond bad! Would rate them -100 if I could. Ordered from Zara online twice: The first time they shipped it almost three weeks after I placed the order, but the real charmer was the second time, when the package didn't arrive and they refused to do anything about it for days. First they said they'll refund me, but since I never got any email confirming that I contacted them again, and oh! behold - turns out they weren't going to refund me and they wanted to "inquire" the "matter". Then no one reached out to me for 4 days and then they said they sent it again. No tracking number, no courier details, nothing. When I insisted, they just gave me the tracking number of the package that got lost.. I really don't know what to do if this one doesn't arrive. Just lost over $100 and a lot of time on the chat and phone with them. REALLY, SERIOUSLY bad customer service. What's the point in making customers feeling like criminals? as if all people do is buy dresses and then lie about it. Shameful and completely wrong, especially for such a large brand.

charmsm1
10/8/18

Brentcross Zara - Stay clear you are better off going to another Zara elsewhere. I received awful customer service, and made a complaint through resolver, and all they could offer was sorry no compensation. I waited in a queue with 2 toddlers for 20 minutes to find out that I was in the wrong queue for returns, because of their very small signs. I asked them to let me return there, as I didn't want to queue again in another line for 20 minutes with 2 restless toddlers. After pleading with the manager she made us queue again to set an example as appose to reviewing the situation and dealing with it as a separate case from her generic thoughts, other customers were appalled. All I can say is stay clear.

173 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Nothing. They won't help you at all. Good luck! Don't ever buy from them again!

By Joan C.

Honestly, I love the company's sense of style and their clothes. I hate the volumes at which they sell, so nearly everything you buy you see on someone else within weeks. I despise their customer service and the disdain and disinterest of their assistants. The aggressiveness of their security guards is unparalleled, particularly in the Hong Kong stores where staff are paid to follow customers around the store shouting 'Hello, Welcome' at the top of their voice to announce they are behind you checking that you are not stealing anything!!! Unsurprisingly, during the week there are more of those staff scaring customers to death, than there are customers. This company is TOXIC and needs a completely new approach to customer services. I am an Associate Professor in a UK Business School and use Zara as an example of how NOT to run a retail company.

By Lynne B.

I think it depends on what is the best shipper for the best price and the fastest delivery time frame. I've received ZARA orders via both UPS and OnTrac in the PNW, USA. Returns are picked up by UPS.

By Rosalie D.

You must be joking? They don't respond when all is well and good in the same country but another one?........

By Germaine S.

Questions? Get answers from the ZARA staff and other customers.

ZARA?