Review of ZARA

New York, NY 10110
Tel: 1-855 635 9272

mayl62
12/13/17

hi, don't shop at Zara or any Inditex stores because they don't pay their workers. Also the factory owner disappeared with all the money that workers should have gotten. With that shoppers are finding notes in their clothing that said "i made this item that you are going to buy but i didn't get payed for it". thanks for reading my review, hopefully it will change your mind about shopping at these stores.

anaf51
12/7/17

HAs not get my order in 1 month and contacted zara.com several times.. no update- they promised that they will look into that and let me know. After 72 hours still nothing... I feel like H&M way better in customer service.

Do not think I will shop there any more

allisong44
12/7/17

I strongly recommend against buying a Zara gift card, or allowing them to transfer the balance of a return to one of their cards. I tried to use my card for the first time today and it came up as invalid on their "activate card" site. I first tried to resolve this issue through chat. The customer service person told me they couldn't help me and that I needed to call customer service. I called customer service and spoke to Lorenzo who told me this was an in-store issue and that I would need to call the store. I asked to speak to a manager, and he told me he is the manager and that I would need to call Corporate in order to file a higher complaint, but he would not give me the phone number. I called Corporate and spoke to Jessie, who told me I need to call customer service for any complaints. When I told her that Lorenzo said I had to call Corporate, Jessie said that she couldn't imagine why he would have said that as only customer service can handle complaints. Is this honestly how Zara runs its business? I am amazed at the run around I just received and still no sign of resolving my issues anywhere in sight.

chizukoy
12/6/17

The shipping company " ONTRACK' Zara used did not deliver my package. I saw the ONTRACK delivery truck passed by my house, but the driver did not drop off anything. However tracking record said " delivered." right after. I immediately called Zara cutomer service and talked DANIEL. He suggested to wait till next Monday. ( It happened on Friday afternoon. ) There was no delivery on Monday either , so I called Zara customer service for replacement or refund whick Daniel promised. Two days later they responded to me via email ; NO REFUND NOR REPLACEMENT . THE PACKAGE WAS DELIVERED AT THE FRON DOOR. I was at the front door at the time truck passed by and called customer service to report the incident. I am very upset the fact Zara did not try to investigate the case . It really discourages me to make another purchase on line.

marip13
12/5/17

The sipping company they use for their online orders will STEAL the merchandise. And while they say they will take care of it, days go by without so much as an email or a call. Don't bother. Either go to the store if you like this brand so much or order from a responsible company like Amazon.

sijiec
12/3/17

Not sure whether they are using automatic reply or anything like that. When you chat with them, they don't ever understand what you are saying and the conversation will automatically end after some time. And the reason why I contacted them was that I ordered a pair of shoes with size 9 and they gave one in size 9 and one in size 8.5...unbelievably dumb.

johnb1011
12/1/17

shopped at Perimeter Mall in Atlanta. picked out $400 worth of clothing to buy. ! cashier and a little latin guy working who the cashier said is the manager. 1 lady in line took over 30 min to return several items. 9 people in line waiting behind her. 2 more left after leaving clothes on the floor. we asked why the manager doesn't help and the rude cashier said he isn't allowed to work behind the counter, that's company policy. we will never be back.

janec134
11/26/17

Is anyone at head office reading these revews, it's put me of completely from buying any thing from the store or on line, head office needs to pull there fingers out and sort there shops & staff out !! ASAP

sams432
11/24/17

Zara is by far the worst company to deal with. They act as though returning a pair of pants 3 days after their return policy is a life or death situation. Absolutely no sympathy for extenuating circumstances. Will never shop here again. I wish there was a rating for ZERO on here.

sivant
11/24/17

THIS IS THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE AND THEY ARE THIEVES. Beside been racist and rude in the store they didn't wanted to return my money when returning a dress because my card got stolen a week before and I needed to request a new cared. So not only i was upset that my wallet and my visa was stolen also Zara did not wanted to bring me my money back and only offer credit store. The Manager in the store was Racist and rude! Zara is the worst store and now I understand why their store have only 2 stars review.

sonyas29
11/23/17

my friend bought a top at zara and lost the receipt but it was charged on their visa and the tags were still on the top. Zara would not reimburse her or give her a store credit. Terrible customer service and for 40 dollars they have lost the business of all our HO staff as i am going to make sure everyone knows. Best advertisement is word of mouth.

katies115
11/22/17

I had bought a jacket from Zara and the zipper always get caught on the fabric. In just 2 weeks the fabric got ripped. So I called customer service and asked for a replacement. To my surpise, they said they cannot do any exchange/rerturn without original receipt. They said "NO EXCEPTIONS" and I am really disappointed at their policy. Other big chain companies will accept my credit card statement and at least give me a store credit.

Never buy from ZARA (ever again).

lenag11
11/18/17

I've been shopping at Zara online for the past few years, and while the quality isn't good at all, I've always liked to add something trendy from their collection every season.

This time, I ordered $200 worth of clothing from their website, with the intention of choosing my favorites and returning everything else. I went to checkout, and used some saved information, but I was careful to put in the correct address, because I recently moved. After TRIPLE CHECKING that all of my information was right, I submitted the order. The site seemed to glitch for a second, but the order went through. I didn't check the order screen then, because I had already been so thorough before. However, when I glanced at the confirmation email a minute later, I noticed that the shipping option had defaulted to Pickup In-Store. I have NEVER chosen that as an option before, and I sure as hell didn't choose it this time. I tried not to overreact, and checked which store it was being sent to. Maybe there was one nearby in Portland, where I live. Of course not. It had chosen the nearest store to my address, which is in Seattle. SEATTLE. 200 MILES AWAY. Needless to say, I wasn't planning on going there just for these clothes.

I immediately tried to contact Zara, because there isn't a way to cancel an order on their website. You have to use customer service. So I began trying to use the chat feature on zara.com, but got no response. I was already getting fed up. I proceeded to call their customer service twice, send them multiple Facebook messages, and tweet at them 10 times, even tagging Topshop and Mango to add insult to injury. No response. This was, after all, 11 PM on a Monday. But this is also a multi-billion dollar, international brand. They didn't have any form of 24/7 help? I slept on it, and called again at 8 AM the next morning.

Luckily, the customer service rep I got wasn't an imbecile, and they explained that the order couldn't be cancelled at this point because it was already being processed. Typical. No one can answer a phone at night but someone had been up packing my things. I explained to them that I had zero intention of travelling 200 miles to pick these things up, and that I wanted to be refunded regardless of what plans they had for the order. The rep said they'd have the order "disputed", and that I could be refunded in a week if that worked, otherwise I'd have to wait 3-4 weeks for my refund. Whatever. I waited.

A few days later I received an email saying that my order had arrived in-store! 200 miles away! Yay me! I called the store directly to let them know that I would not be picking these items up, because that would be ridiculous. The employee on the phone agreed that to do such a thing would be obscene. However, they couldn't process a return immediately, and they had never heard of an order being "disputed", so I would have to wait 15 business days for my return and eventual refund. Pretty stupid, huh? It would have been faster for me to go there, pick up my order, and immediately return it. But I don't have time for that.

Now I'm still in that 3 week/15 business day waiting period, tortured by the idea of being on Zara's time. I'm not excited about what lies on the other side of it. The funny thing is, if they had cancelled it immediately, and refunded me right then and there, I may have gone and reordered a couple of things that I really wanted. But because of all the delay, I shopped elsewhere and found better quality things that I liked more. They really shot themselves in the foot. And won't get a sale out of me at all. I'm never shopping at Zara again.

Some questions I have after all this:
Why is their website so poorly put together? (Seriously, even I could have written better code.) Why isn't there any 24/7 help? What does disputing an order really mean? Why did I ever even shop here in the first place??!?

Tip for consumers: Don't.

carolg133
11/16/17

Zara shipped me a damaged item, and they refused my return. Their customer service said I have to pay for this damaged item in full prize.

Zara really sucks.... the quality of their clothes are even more worse than before. Also, even more terrible customer services.

You will never know you next packages including any damaged items, and you will never have a chance to return or get a refund. Because they think you made the item damaged. So customer have to pay for their damaged items.

israe242
11/14/17

Zara misplaced a package with items worth $230 and refuses to refund me or send me my items. I even went as far as getting the delivery service to submit proof that they delivered all the packages to me (they refused and stated that they were informed to return items to Zara). Two investigations by Zara and they still refuse to credit or send me my items. I've been purchasing items from Zara since 2011, and will never shop at their store again.

uni136
11/13/17

I received a gift for my son. It was too small on him so I took it in, tags still on, to exchange it. They looked up the price and told me to find something else. When I went to check out they said that the people who had bought the gift had bought it just over a month ago so there was nothing they could do. No exchange, not even for a bigger size. I asked to speak with the manager and she said the system would not let them do it. Company policy. I phoned costumer service and spoke with someone incredibly stupid who kept repeating the same sentence rather than responding to any of my questions. Will not be doing any doing any holiday shopping or any other shopping there!

jasperc18
11/9/17

The clothes are good design, but the quality can be increase. I used to buy some products on it's official website and the logistics are fast. Hope to buy more next time.

emilyk64
11/8/17

I won't wear most things that they sell, but if you look long and hard enough you can really find some gems at great prices.

juanitab15
11/7/17

Zara has a store policy sucks! W/O receipt you can't get store credit or exchange. I called customer service no one can help. Don't shop at Zara shop else where. Store needs to be close completely shut down.

nancyd36
11/7/17

Trying to return two items at a local store that were purchased on line and STILL AVAILABLE ONLINE AT REGULAR PRICE is not possible if you go beyond their 1 month return policy. I was not intending to return the items but brought them into the store and was refused. I called online Customer Service and was also flatly refused. I have been a loyal customer for over 10 years both in Canada and Internationally but they did not care nor would they even provide a credit. I am left with a pair of "kitten heels" that are impossible to wear from even the car to the office as it feels like you are walking in a metal shoe. The dress does not fit as it shows online and as such it is far too low cut for me to be able to wear out. I am left with two useless items, out hundreds of dollars and no place to turn except to Sitejabber. Not pleased at all and am questioning why I have been a loyal consumer of Zara's for so long. The only reason they got a 2 star is that I have been happy overall with my previous purchases, but the negativity from today has really set me back. It is a head shaker as to why they are very willing both at the store level and online customer service to loose a customer who has spent thousands over the years on myself and family members for the sake of a couple of hundred dollars. Seriously!

tanyak40
11/7/17

I wish I could give them zero star. I've ordered from zara for years now and never had an issue until now. I ordered $200 worth of kids clothes for my nephews birthday online and had it shipped directly to my sisters house. Well they never received the package and nobody stole it cuz she lives in a cul de sac where everyone knows everyone and will let each other know if they see anything or anyone suspicious. She receives all of her other packages from other companies but this is the 2nd time she didnt receive one from zara. So i called customer service and they said they would investigate. Didn't hear back for few days so I called again and they said they're still investigating. Well today i called again and i was told that it was delivered to the correct address and that there was nothing wrong so therefore they can't do anything. ARE YOU EFFING SERIOUS?!!!! He kept telling me it was delivered so they can't give me a refund or re-deliver the items. I had to call my bank to dispute the charge cuz I am not just letting $200 go down the drain when my nephew didn't even receive his bday gift. NEVER SHOPPING WITH THEM AGAIN!!!

mikeg279
11/3/17

Went to return an UNWORN shirt & management denied my item. Called customer service and they will stand by managers decision. I purchased majority of my clothes from Zara but never again will I return! 80$ down the drain!!

pissedo84
11/2/17

A few weeks ago I spent just 900 dollars in Zaras for the fall/ winter season. It's been an unusually warm fall, so I haven't been able to wear all my sweaters. Anyways, A few days ago I went to go put on one of the sweaters that I purchased and noticed a huge mark along the front of the sweater. Very noticeable. So, I went to the store to exchange my unworn a sweater. NEVER worn and tags still attached. When I went to return it, I had l the receipt and the manager said because it was outside the 30 day exchange or return period I could not exchange it for another undamaged sweater. Now keep in mind they still had the exact same sweater in my size in the store and they still refused to exchange it or give me a store credit. Never once did I asked to return it. Only exchange it, I still wanted the sweater. Instead she gave me head office number. When I called that number they told me they were going to email instructions to put in a claim to have my sweater exchanged. I waited and waited and wait. Never got an email . So I called back and the lady advise it can take up to two hours to receive their emails . Ok..... next day no email so I called again... long story short finally filed my report with pictures of the damage in the sweater, pictures of the tag attached to the sweater and picture of the receipt. they did call me back a week later, to advised it was declined. Why. No idea the girl on phone did know. Only that it was declined. Ps. I was trying to exchange the sweater on day 31, 1 day Late. They just lost me and my family as customers.

pauls481
10/30/17

Absolutely terrible customer service. They have opted to use a courier called Lasership which has perhaps the worst review rating I have ever seen. When I called to explain my package was not delivered I was continually told it was and literally given the same canned comments over and over again. I asked to speak with a manager at which point I was told one was not present. I insisted that this was unacceptable which is when the representative told me she could "try to find someone". When I was finally transferred the manager was completely disrespectful and condescending throughout the conversation. The company agreed to replace my lost shipment and I have still have not received it. I explained to their representative prior to reshipment that if a different courier were not used I would opt for the refund. I was told this could not be guaranteed and still the replacement order was processed next day. Very disappointing. Love their clothes but absolutely appalled at their handling of the situation.

lesliec83
10/29/17

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE! I have lived at the same address for more than 16 years and have NEVER had a stolen package. When I reported to ZARA customer service that I never received my delivery they told me it was a police matter and there was nothing they could do. The rep "OMEGA" was aggressive and rude in explaining that ZARA will do nothing.

173 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Nothing. They won't help you at all. Good luck! Don't ever buy from them again!

By Joan C.

Honestly, I love the company's sense of style and their clothes. I hate the volumes at which they sell, so nearly everything you buy you see on someone else within weeks. I despise their customer service and the disdain and disinterest of their assistants. The aggressiveness of their security guards is unparalleled, particularly in the Hong Kong stores where staff are paid to follow customers around the store shouting 'Hello, Welcome' at the top of their voice to announce they are behind you checking that you are not stealing anything!!! Unsurprisingly, during the week there are more of those staff scaring customers to death, than there are customers. This company is TOXIC and needs a completely new approach to customer services. I am an Associate Professor in a UK Business School and use Zara as an example of how NOT to run a retail company.

By Lynne B.

I think it depends on what is the best shipper for the best price and the fastest delivery time frame. I've received ZARA orders via both UPS and OnTrac in the PNW, USA. Returns are picked up by UPS.

By Rosalie D.

You must be joking? They don't respond when all is well and good in the same country but another one?........

By Germaine S.

Questions? Get answers from the ZARA staff and other customers.

17 Photos for ZARA