Review of ZARA

Tel: 1-855 635 9272
contact.es@zara.com

meghane2
7/12/18

I haven't had many issues where I've had to engage/experience their customer service but Zara's processes are impeccably run.. The online ordering system, speed of order processing and providing tracking is insane... not to mention delivery usually takes 2-3 days at most depending on if there's a sale and things are backlogged. Returns are QUICK EASY AND ON YOUR PHONE... you dont even need to worry about losing a receipt. KUDOS.. AWESOME company. The only downside is my size fluctuates whereas stores like Lulu Lemon I am consistently the same size in pants and shirts.

elmiras
7/12/18

The management at Zara is seriously despicable. We'd have these walkie talkies in order to communicate and the managers would bicker and blame others all day on there. There was absolutely zero productivity on their end. They don't train employees properly then sit there and wonder why everyone quits after a few weeks when they're thrown to the wolves after 2 days of crappy and sloppy training. They make the employees do all the clean up and dirty work while they STAND THERE AND TALK TO EACH OTHER. AND THEN YELL AT US FOR NOT FINISHING. I've seen 2 managers take an extra thirty minutes of lunch break (when they already had a full hour), MULTIPLE times. If you come in a minute or two late they'll chew your head off. Straight garbage kind of people. I'm grateful to be employed by people who actually give a damn about me now. I've said this once and I'll say it again. A fish rots from the head. The worst leadership there ever was.

robertm1187
7/12/18

Spent >2 hours choosing a dress in Zara. Was then told that because the items selected were no longer in season I wasn't allowed to purchase them. Complete waste of time and energy.

rippedo24
7/10/18

I returned a bunch of items within a month of purchase and Zara never refunded me. I have been attempting to get my roughly $400 back for the last 4 months. The Zara representatives I have spoken with have been indifferent, unprofessional, and wildly unprepared to assist with the issue. They keep transferring me from one representative to the other and making me wait 2 weeks at a time between replies, at which point they call and leave a voicemail claiming a "case update". Every case update is the same -- they "require more information" and ask me to wait another 2 weeks to hear back. During the last call, one Zara representative said, "Why don't you just stop trying? It's not that much money..."

I was contacted by a lawyer working on a case against Zara focusing on missing refunds. Seems I am not the only customer Zara has done this to. I'm not sure what choice I have at this point but legal action.

I'd suggest only buying Zara items you're absolutely certain you want to keep. To the rest of you, best of luck getting your money back...

marlenek14
7/10/18

I have always bought clothes on ZARA online with no problem at all, but i have been trying to buy several items this last two weeks and after I put my items in the shopping cart then proceed to the the purchase I receive the message operation not allowed, your request cant be completed at this time. If this problem continue please contact costumer service - so, I did chat on line and over the phone with a total of 6 people and none of them couldnt tell whats the problem. I did everything they told me to do... changed the browser, cleaned up my history, refresh, changed my password, and nothing.... and the last one I talked today told me to use my iPad or phone stead of my computer, I did it and same problem.... it is so frustrating. The problem isnt with my card, I even went in others retailers that I also shop on line and had no problem at all, so the problem is with their website... does anyone have ever had the same problem the me?

shellis5
7/8/18

I bought my first Zara item online for in-store pickup. The store couldnt locate the item. The item is now sold out. Had contacted customer service via live chat and proceeded to get disconnected four times! When I finally got through my request, I was immediately asked if I wanted a refund. My response was could you see about locating the item first? It was like no one wanted to make an effort to help me get what I paid for.
Was due to hear back from customer services in three days. Never heard back. I then placed a call to complain. Asked for management to contact me. Was told Id receive a call back. No response. In addition to getting my money back, I will not stop until I do speak with management because they really need to know that this treatment towards customers is unacceptable.

My first online purchase with Zara will definitely be my last.

geraldinew19
7/8/18

Went into Solihull branch on my lunch and brought 2 pairs of the same trousers in different sizes. They had different price tags on however I was made to pay the higher price for the trousers. when I got the trousers home they were too long so 2 days later I tried to return them in the Birmingham branch. When I went to the till they refused to accept a pair of the trousers back saying they have tanning lotion on them. As I am black I thought this was ridiculous I said I got the trousers in my lunch hour 2 days ago and the tags are still on them i did not examine the inside, therefore they were obviously sold to me like that. Won't be shopping there again. Worse service ever.Tanning lotion this place is to funny

susanf64
6/27/18

I found a shirt I wanted to buy and went to the register. They told me it was blocked and couldnt sell it. It had a price tag and was placed on the floor. Yet they would not sell it. Thats ridiculous! what kind of store is this? Dont recommend Zara Woodland Hills at all. Spoke to manager and she just gave me a brunch of garbage without a honest explanation.

jojor4
6/23/18

Worst customer service. Their return policy is terrible. Everyone should just stop shopping there and put them out of business. Disgusting.

bitchb1
6/23/18

Don't buy this disgusting crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!=(

brookeg34
6/18/18

Zara has charged me $50 for a swimsuit that I NEVER PURCHASED. I brought it to the counter and when the cashier rang it up I decided I did not want it after she told me it was "ugly" and it was $50. She took it behind the counter but CHARGED ME $50. I have been in and out of the store 5 times wasting time and energy, called the customer service line AND emailed them only for them to tell me that theres nothing they can do. I am a loyal customer and have probably spent thousands of dollars in this store. At the VERY LEAST they can refund me the money. Won't be shopping here again and I'm going to tell all of my friends.

samd192
6/18/18

I bought a pair of jeans which turned out to be defective. The jeans were distressed and since the tear was in the back pocket I discovered it after a few months. I had barely worn the pants and they were in very good condition other than the defective part. I tried to exchange it at the store and by calling customer service and they refused to exchange it. They claimed that it was not defective. It was a complete waste of time dealing with them.
Every time I've been to one of their stores the line to pay is ridiculously long and no one is in a hurry to help or get the line to go any faster. I guess the time of their clients is not important to them. Also, the quality of the clothing is bad too. Stay away, it's just not worth it!!!
There are so many other clothing companies that offer good products with good service. I wish I could give them a negative or no stars... You deserve better!!!

janes363
6/15/18

I love Zara's clothes. They always have the most beautiful affordable collections, plus their app is perfect. The problem is (especially during sales) you got to have to buy as soon as you choose something or it will disappear. They don't save your basket not even for 5 minutes. And their customer service /tracking system everything that has to do with delivery really is just deplorable.

cellinic
6/15/18

Zara has great designs but the quality of the construction is so poor. Zippers get stuck after several wearing and hems fall out.

katies175
6/15/18

I *NEVER* write reviews, good or bad- but I really want everyone to know how TERRIBLE of an experience I had with Zara. First with my online order being lost, and then when I tried to return one of the items- now my "refund is lost" after 14 days. (???) I placed an order in mid-April, and they sent me the wrong package. I contacted them for my replacement, sent the incorrect package back in a timely manner (could've kept some of the items as I could tell their operation is pretty unorganized & they wouldn't have known-- BUT, didn't!) & they arranged for a replacement. Got the shipping notification for "express 24-48 hour" shipping. Although after a week the package never came. They said it just got lost & had to send out ANOTHER replacement. I finally got my package almost a month after placing the initial order.
I ordered 2 similar jackets to choose from, planning to return 1. Luckily I live by tons of Zara's & was able to return it in person (it probably would've gotten lost in the mail if I shipped it back- lol..) On the receipt, it said my refund would automatically come with in 10-14 days. Pretty long, but I waited. Today is the 14th day- talked to them on the phone & my refund is "missing" so they filed a case.... I have been trying to speak to a supervisor and waited on the phone for 30 minutes & the call was disconnected immediately after I was "being connected to the supervisor" how convenient!!!!

TLDR: It took me a month to get a package, and now it's taking me 14+ days to get my $100 refund on one of the items. Customer service is TERRIBLE.

tamral7
6/14/18

I ordered shoes on the website having never shopped at zara.com before. Received shipping confirmation a few days later but without a tracking number...odd this day in age.
Yesterday, an email arrived saying the order was cancelled and refunded with no explanation. Live Chat couldn't answer why they shipped then cancelled the order.
At this point, a retailer trying to acquire/keep new customers should offer a coupon, etc for failure to get the goods to the recipient.
As an avid online shopper, im seeing this happen more frequently and have cut out many big names from the list i'll do business with. Consumers don't have time to deal with the problems. That is exactly why they shop online...it is supposed to be convenient and easy.
I've had the same issues with Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus Group and am willing to pay more for a product to ensure it will arrive quickly and easily.

austinm81
6/7/18

Bait and Switch!!! - so I just left Zara on 5th Ave and 52nd Street in NYC. I have never written a post about a stores customer service before but felt the need today to stand up for myself and others who might encounter a similar issue at Zara. I went to purchase a short sleeved shirt that said $19.95 and another shirt that said $35 and was expecting to pay around $56 with tax. When Suada rang me up she said the final payment was over $80 dollars. I then showed her the price tag and she explained to me that the price is mislabeled and is in Euros. I was completely flabbergasted and said what kind of business practice is this to list a price and then switch the number and expect a customer to pay the upcharge. I asked for the manager and was told they could not do anything to change it. The General Manager Pedro Estremera then came to me and said that they could not honor the price on the label. He then called their customer service line and a woman on the call said the same thing. I expressed my upsetment and told them that these practices by Zara as a business are terrible. I wouldve happily paid for the labeled prices and in fact thought that Zara was good until this occurrence. I will never shop at a Zara again after how I was treated and hope the public reading this takes this into consideration. If I could give a negative number I would for this encounter. Just Terrible -
Terrible customer service and practices.

tatianal8
6/4/18

I ordered several items that cost about $460. On 05/27/2018 I got an email from the tracking company that the order was delivered to the front door. Surprisingly, there is no package, though I have a concierge in my building and it could not be stolen. The LaserShip as well as Zara do not want to take any responsibility or even provide the evidence that the package was delivered. I recommend you not to use Zara store as its customer service is not existing. They just take your money and leave you with nothing. I will never use Zara.com again.

ashleighp5
6/4/18

I went into a store trying to do an exchange for a couple of items from an online order I placed. The sales girl informed me that since it was past the 30 days I had to call online for the exchange and/or store credit. Ive ordered thousands of dollars worth of Zara for my son and the first time I need to make an exchange for size, NEVER ONCE ASKING FOR MY MONEY BACK, they said that since its past the 30 days they cant even offer me an EXCHANGE for a size that he can wear. I spoke with Yasmin who claimed they make exceptions but made it clear I wouldnt be one of them. When I asked to speak with her supervisor I was told they would just continue to reiterate that they wouldnt be making an exception. WHATS THE POINT OF HAVING SUPERVISIORS WHEN CLEARLY THIER SUBORDINATES MAKE ALL THE DECISIONS FOR THEM. I suppose if they treat their employees as badly as the reviews and glass door say I shouldnt expect them to treat the customers any differently. Im glad the sales girl directed me to a dead end and I wasted my time trying to find a resolution. Ill spend my money at a company that values both.

gregorg3
6/3/18

I enjoyed the design of Zara products, especially the patterns of the sneakers. From trendy and fashionable shirts to unique and distinctive footwears, Zara offer a variety of choice for those who appreciate the importance of dressing with taste.

nishag8
6/2/18

I worked at this ZARA and I quit because the Managers are on a high horse and treat their employees like SH*T. During a sale, customers come in and DESTROY clothing, THROW clothing on to the ground, HIDE CLOTHING in the store, bring in 40+ items into the fitting room, and STEAL items. YET the managers use the phrases "customers are always right" and "we are a people company" (direct quote from a manager). HOWEVER they use these phrases to justify when a customer harasses, abuses the clothing and mocks employees for enforcing store policy. If you treat your own employees like SH*T then how do you expect anybody to work for you or shop for you? I am well aware that many people quit after I did.

jasminec50
5/31/18

I ordered about $250 worth of items from Zara's online store, only to receive poorly made garments that were already falling apart. When I contacted Zara to let them know the $70 dress I bought arrived with button elastics snapped off, buttons scratched from color, and seams falling apart, they responded back to say that they denied this a result from their manufacturing. What else could be the explanation then? Did the garments start to disintegrate during shipping? Unbelievable. I'll never be shopping with them again.

katin1
5/30/18

It seems that Zara absolutely don't care about costmers health. First time and the last time I bought black color jeans from zara for 25 with worst quality. They are coloring, so my legs were all black but it's not the biggest problem. On my skin appearded very strange reaction, I got painful purulent and skins is scratching all the time. I've never had any allergic on materials before. Be careful when you buy something from this store.

gigiq
5/24/18

Worst customer service and exchange policy. I came into the store to exchange a sweater that had a snag but I didnt have my receipt...I was in the area without the sweater, so I stopped at the store to ask a manager if I could exchange the snagged sweater next time I come to the store; the manager said I could return it when I was in the area. So, today I decided to exchange it, they made me wait 30 minutes and next the end they said NO YOU CANNOT EXCHANGE ANYTHING WITHOUT A RECEIPT... why could they just tell me right from the start...
Horrible customer service

yg11
5/23/18

Great prices but when you have to return any item its just not worth saving the money
they give you a very hart time returning
you have to request a shipping label (untill you figure out how to request it ...)
Then it can take about a month to receive a refund
Bottom line they want to make sure you think again before returning any item

173 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Nothing. They won't help you at all. Good luck! Don't ever buy from them again!

By Joan C.

Honestly, I love the company's sense of style and their clothes. I hate the volumes at which they sell, so nearly everything you buy you see on someone else within weeks. I despise their customer service and the disdain and disinterest of their assistants. The aggressiveness of their security guards is unparalleled, particularly in the Hong Kong stores where staff are paid to follow customers around the store shouting 'Hello, Welcome' at the top of their voice to announce they are behind you checking that you are not stealing anything!!! Unsurprisingly, during the week there are more of those staff scaring customers to death, than there are customers. This company is TOXIC and needs a completely new approach to customer services. I am an Associate Professor in a UK Business School and use Zara as an example of how NOT to run a retail company.

By Lynne B.

I think it depends on what is the best shipper for the best price and the fastest delivery time frame. I've received ZARA orders via both UPS and OnTrac in the PNW, USA. Returns are picked up by UPS.

By Rosalie D.

You must be joking? They don't respond when all is well and good in the same country but another one?........

By Germaine S.

Questions? Get answers from the ZARA staff and other customers.

17 Photos for ZARA