Review of Lulus

Chico, CA 95928
sales@lulus.com

sharona21
12/5/17

I have ordered 2 dresses and 2 cardigans from this site, one sweater had to be exchanged for another size, one dress had to be returned because it just was not right for me. The quality of each item was very good and the exchange/return policy was easy. I am always a little nervous about estimating sizes, but I feel I can get what I am paying for with lulus.

alsterf
11/26/17

I received an email from Lulus saying Hey VIP! Your 40% Off is here Then I started ordering some clothes for my family because I thought Lulus were offering 40% off on all clothing. Then later once in the website, I realised the 40% off is only for some selected clothing. Then I started browsing the selected clothing spending hours hoping to get 40% off and only to realise when I went to the checkout, it said The promotion code for 40% off is not valid for your country (I live in Australia). There was nothing to indicate in the sales promotion email I received to say that certain countries are excluded. I will not be wasting my time anymore trying to get discounts from these dodgy emails.

Response from Karen J., Lulus Representative
Hi Hi Alster!

Thank you so much for your review and your reply. We are so sorry that this email came to you even though your location was excluded on that specific sale. In the email it did state:

*VIP coupon expires 11-22-17 at 11:59 p.m. PT. Not valid on previous purchases. Valid in the United States only. Free return shipping within 30 days of arrival date.

I understand the frustration of being sent this and not being able to take advantage of the sale. Th credit i emailed you will not expire and can be used on any order in the future, if you do so order again. Of course my mission is to help resolve this issue and get the review removed or improved, but my main goal is that you are happy and the issues are resolved!

Have a wonderful day! XOXO
jennifert162
11/8/17

I ordered the Black Backless Shift Dress. Very cute. I hand washed it and line dried it and the dress shrunk. However, I contacted Lulus and Karen in customer service contacted me within hours and resolved the situation. I highly recommend this company as the stand behind what they sell and they truly value their customers.

tbf
11/6/17

UPDATES BELOW (Increased rating from 1star to 2star to 3star). Running into a return issue tonight 11/3 , so started looking up Lulus.com reviews & found Nicole Ks review on 11/2 on sitejabber.com - Same Exact Thing = TOTAL SCAM! We ordered 4 dresses to choose 1 for Homecoming, promptly returned 3, got an email acknowledging credit for 1 & stating separate emails would be coming as the others were processed. Weve been emailing to follow up with them & theyve just sent this: Unfortunately, we can not refund you to your original form of payment for these item since you did not include them in the return package along with your other returns nor is there proof of weight on the drop off receipt you have provided. We can not refund you for something that has not been delivered back to our warehouse. We truly deeply apologize, we have a strict return policy we have to abide by that states," "We recommend shipping with insurance and keeping your shipping receipts until your return is processed. Lulus.com is not responsible for missing, damaged, or lost packages in transit." Please accept this online credit refund for these returns and we would advise that in the future you make sure the weight of your return package is provided on the drop off receipt. Not that these skimpy dresses weigh much, never has this requirement EVER come up before with any other seller! Setting buyers up & reiterating the offer of an online credit refund is obviously an M.O. of this business & will be of interest to the BBB or AG!
UPDATE 11/4: In last 12 hours, we have gone to the drop off location to secure documentation of the weight of package, emailed a photo of that to "Support," and followed up with a phone call to Lulus. Kathryn, in Returns, reviewed and is processing a credit to our original payment method AND issued a 20% discount for use through June (prom season:). She did not think returning in separate packages would solve the issue (Amazon used to have this issue w/ return of rental textbooks-if returned them together, they wouldn't get them all credited!), but did say using a box, instead of the bag the items are shipped in, for returns may reduce potential tampering of the packages arriving back to them. Will update further when transaction is complete....
FINALE 11/7: full credit is posted on original payment method. Rating increased another star. Bottom line=This business needs a procedural overhaul, but we will try them again (product & selection is worth another try :).

Response from Karen J., Lulus Representative
Hello Terri!

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. I am so sorry that this happened to you as well. As must as we would hope, not return comes back with the suggested items that were initiated for a return. We have seen this happen where these items are left out, customer decided to keep, carrier errors and so fourth. We are happy to refund the item as you were adamant that you included it. Without damage to the package, we would not open a claim with the shipper, but sometimes these things happen.

We apologize for the initial frustration upon your refund confirmation. Our Returns team processes only what is received and then Customer Care will take care of any customer's concerns.

We hope this does not steer you away from our site and ordering again. My suggestion you be to save the receipt at time of drop off so if anything happens from then to our warehouse, the weight is documented after it left your hands.

I have also emailed you a store credit gift voucher. This does not expire and can be used on any order in the future.

Have a wonderful day and please let me know if you have any other concerns!

XOXO
yvonnec45
11/5/17

I heard about Lulus through a friend and thought I would visit their site. I found items that seemed reasonably priced and on trend. This was my first time ordering clothing online. I received my orders yesterday, they came in two separate shipments - all 4 purchases fit perfectly. I am a bit hesitant to purchase anything from Lulus again however due to the duties applied and the exchange rate. You can expect to pay an additional $50 per $100 spent on Lulus items due to the conversion and when you receive the items an additional $30 per $150 for duties. So in all with two orders I feel like I spent $160 additional. I wish there was a Lulus Canada site.

bridgetk9
10/24/17

I was a bit upset with Lulu's customer service but they eventually reached out and waived a fee for reshipping - they put effort into helping me out and I wanted to be sure to edit my negative review for that reason! <3 Thanks!

kaelad1
10/24/17

I just received my first order from Lulus. Now I will start by saying that I do a lot of my shopping online. When I received my package, I was impressed with how quickly it got to me (In Canada) and the quality of the fabrics. Now I was aware that I would have to pay duties as It had mentioned it on the Lulus website so it was an extra $85 for 4 dresses. I ordered using the size charts but unfortunately 3 of 4 dresses did not work for me. I contacted lulus to start an exchange and was originally discouraged with the process but after being in contact with a customer service representative, I can honestly say I was very impressed and would not hesitate to order again. They were helpful and happy to assist me in finding a solution. The fantastic customer service will have me ordering again!

Tip for consumers: Thanks Lulus!

mubangam
10/8/17

I ordered a pair of block heels that I needed for a wedding over 2 months ago, and my package has not arrived yet. I emailed the company and let them know my package had not arrived in South Africa to which they responded and claimed they had tracked it in South Africa. The tracking system is not efficient. I have contacted all my local courier companies and none of them have my order. The whole experience has been terrible and I'd like a refund because I doubt that my package will arrive.

Response from Karen J., Lulus Representative
Hi Mubanga!

Thank you so much for taking the time to contact us and leave a review. I am so terribly sorry to hear that these heels did not arrive. I have gone ahead and approved and processed a full refund for this order including the shipping label.

You will see these funds post back into your account in about 5 business days. I have also emailed you a voucher to redeem for store credit. It can be used on any order in the future and does not expire. Of course my mission is to help resolve this issue and get the review removed or improved, but my main goal is that you are happy and the issues are resolved!

Have a wonderful day! XOXO
andreac148
9/30/17

Not only did I have to pay over 50$ in duty fees to Canada,I received the wrong item for my order. They told me they would not pay return shipping and duty from Canada, even though Lulu's made the mistake of sending me the wrong item.

When I contacted the customer rep, they refused to refund my order. Only offered me 25$ in online credit for future purchases which cannot even be applied to the shipping fees and duties that I would have to pay to make the return.

Essentially, I am having to pay for a mistake that they made on their own end and am stuck with an item that I did not want in the first place.

*********Edited Review************
After writing this review, management was quick to respond and resolve the issue. I have to say their customer service is wonderful. Although I am not entirely sure if I would purchase again, since some items were not exactly how they appeared online and heavy duties to Canada. However, customer service was definitely amazing!!!!

nancyc95
9/22/17

Lulu's Fashion Lounge, Inc.'s target market is definitely for the "20 something" age group but there are enough classic designs that even a "Baby Boomer" looking for a nice "After Five" dress can find something. While most of the dresses are modeled by models who are 5'7", there is also a good size guide that provides information on the length of the dress from the shoulder. This is especially helpful for those of us who are a petite 5'0" or under. On the particular dress I purchased, the hemline was just "above the knee" which is where I wanted it instead of being 5 or 6 inches above the knee as shown on the model. The quality of the dress was very good - definitely comparable to what I had originally purchased online and will be returning from Macy's. I would definitely recommend Lulu's.

mayrat3
9/21/17

The first time I ordered a dress it had a bad zipper, looked nothing like the picture, and it had a weird smell. Customer service was really nice when I had questions concerning my return. I decided to order a second dress and it exceed my expectations. The dress was a thick material seen on professional dresses like Calvin Klein, the zipper worked perfectly, and it fit amazing. I'm glad I gave it a second chance!

cyndim7
9/7/17

just wondering what other clothing store is equivilant in quality of clothing to Lulu; the loft? h&m?, rainbow?

Response from Karen J., Lulus Representative
Hi Cyndi!

Thank you so much for contacting us! I am more than happy to help with any of your questions. Lulu's prides itself on its up to date fashion, quality and overall service. If you are ever unhappy with a purchase we are always willing to help resolve any issue. Our sizing tends to run a bit smaller than women's. We are mainly junior. We can be compared in some ways to Forever21, H&M and others. We carry not only our own brand but many other larger names. I would like to invite you to use our Live Chat feature on our site. We have stylists standing by to help you with all of your sizing questions.

Please let me know if you have further questions! Have a great day! XOXO
pamelar55
9/5/17

Its a great experience, the clothes are as they seen. It is a little expensive but if you are looking for something really nice, you should buy on these site. They have always answer my emails and responding my questions, so the support experience it is great. I love to buy on Lulus!!!!

tammaraj
8/24/17

I love this site. The customer service was wonderful. I would recommend this site to anyone. I ordered brides maids dress. The dresses arrived and looked exactly like the picture. They also fit true to size. It is very refreshing to find a replicable site. So if you are skeptical trust me this is a very trust worthy site.

vitag
8/22/17

My dress came in time as it was expected. It came new, never opened, never worn. I was a bit worried about sizing but I checked their size chart, measured myself and ordered "S" , even though I usually wear "XS". This is the first time I ordered clothes on this website and will definitely recommend it!

jens353
8/17/17
• Updated review

I'm quite impressed that after I gave them a lesser rating due to the duties/fees that applied when I picked up my order they not only explained themselves but also offered to refund my shipping charges (not the duties but the shipping charges on the company's end). Clearly it was something "I" missed when I placed my order (that I would have to pay the excess fee's) but I still think in the future (to avoid these complaints) they should include the charges somehow into their prices. Super impressed with the quality as stated before and will order from them again :)

“Satisfied with all but one thing”
8/11/17
• Previous review

I had never ordered from Lulu's before so thought I'd give it a go. I wasn't impressed at all when I found out I had to pay $25 in customs/duties. I realized after (from reading the fine print) that they do tell you you'll have to pay it and they have no control however, I never have to pay it with other companies or else they include it in their costs (I think that would be better than getting an unexpected bill at the end). I was super happy with the quality and feel like the clothes/shoes fit true to size tho :)

sarahs365
8/16/17

To be honest, I had a not so great experience with customer service over a misunderstanding on a return refund, but I totally amend my previous review!! A service rep contacted me after seeing my review and not only got my refund, but went beyond and above to give me a discount, which I think is even more than I deserve. Will definitely be ordering again now that I know how much care they give their customers.

Response from Karen J., Lulus Representative
Hi Sarah!

Thank you so much for your review. I have just responded to your other review asking for an order number. Thank you for including this here. I do see that your scan was one day late, so our program flagged this as late. Unfortunately drop boxes do not always get scanned the same day. I have removed this from you order and you will be refunded today. Please allow 3-5 business days for this to post back into your account. You are welcome to keep the credit that we sent you. Along with the credit, **** is a 20% off code that you can use on any order in the future. The store credit will not expire. Of course my mission is to help resolve this issue and get the review removed or improved, but my main goal is that you are happy and the issues are resolved!

I hope to hear back from you soon. Have a wonderful day! XOXO
nikye
8/12/17

I just have to put in a great review for an awesome customer service experience I received from lulus that I have never received before.

Just for the record, I always receive great customer service when dealing with Lulus but this one has really set the bar!

I ordered a skirt from their online store which was mailed to me however, in receiving the product, I realized the zipper had a defect and couldn't zip all the way down. I called their customer service line and explained it to them. They mentioned I take a picture and send as an email attachment to them but before I got around to doing that, they already emailed me the return label to send the item back. That was the first gold star*!(their sense of urgency).

When I finally emailed, I received feedback from an amazing representative that first apologized for the inconvenience, asked me to verify my address to send a new skirt out and gave me a $15 voucher for the inconvenience. 2nd gold star*!

Now this was what took it home for me- I was asked how soon I needed the product and I mentioned I wanted to wear it on Saturday if it was still feasible, seeing that it was the end of Wednesday and I still had to process the return on my end to send it back to them. Before I knew it, my package was sitting by my front door when I got back from work the following day(thursday!)

Lulus is amazing and I took the time to write this out because their customer service speaks volume about who they are and how much they value their customers. Also, did I mention that I love their clothes????!!!! I will forever be a lulus customer and thanks for the great service. Super excited to rock my skirt this weekend!

Shop at lulus.com!

anciea
8/12/17

A huge thank you for returning the cost of my shoes to my card. also, thanks for the $10 credit on my next order. this is perfect. i intend to reorder the very same shoes because i love it. and i will indeed continue to order from lulus. great customer service. you made my day. just wish i could return the shoes.thanks

Response from Karen J., Lulus Representative
Hi Ancie!

Thank you so much for your reply. I am sorry for any confusion. the $10.00 in credit was sent as an apology and for a future order. This was not a refund. Your order's total was $27.00 and this was refunded in full. You will not have to return this. Your refund should have posted back into your account with 3-5 business days. Have you seen this yet?

I look forward to your reply, have a great day! XOXO
jens353
8/11/17
• Updated review

“Impressed with their response!”
8/17/17
• Previous review

amandak86
8/10/17

I have been ordering from Lulus since 2011. I recommend Lulus to everyone I know. They are absolutely a legitimate company that you can trust with your credit card information.

My favorite clothing pieces are from Lulus and I also get the most compliments on my Lulus items. My #1 thing to order from here is definitely dresses but I do have a number of clutches, different jewelry pieces and a few tops as well.

I love the selection that Lulus offers as well as the excellent return policy.

I am happy that I can order from Lulus with confidence because they will allow me to return something if I do not like the way it looks or fits.

For the most part my sizing is always the same but you have to remember that Lulus sells items from different vendors so it is normal that sizing would be a little off... if I normally fit in a size large but I find that a vendor's idea of a large is not the same as some other vendor's idea of large and it does not fit, that is very normal and to be expected.

Lulus also offers coupons regularly-- the biggest I have seen is 20% off total purchase but you definitely see $10 off $100, 10% off total purchase and 15% off total purchase most often.

I have nothing bad to say about Lulus. They are my favorite place to order from and my closet is easily 85% full of items I have purchased from Lulus. I am a Lulus addict.

Response from Karen J., Lulus Representative
Hi Amanda!

Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out and leave such a wonderful review! We always love hearing everyone's experience. We are overjoyed to learn you love our site so much! We hope to continue to send you many more orders. Do you by chance have an order number I can pull up? I would love to send you a coupon code or another discount!

I hope to hear from you soon! XOXO
lexid2
8/7/17

To start, this is a 5 star review because I absolutely love this site and their dresses. I have ordered from here many many times and most of the time am very happy with the clothes and their quality. Of note, however, is that their standard shipping is the slowest standard shipping I have found online. If you need a dress in time for an event order in advance or pay for faster shipping! The sizing from dress to dress isn't always consistent but they have a good return policy so I feel comfortable ordering a dress I'm not sure about in multiple sizes and returning one that doesn't fit. Also, I have twice now received the wrong item. The first time this happened they informed me the item I paid for was out of stock so I simply had to go through the hassle of returning the incorrect item they sent me. The more recent time I ordered a dress for an event which I received just a few days prior to when I needed to wear it. When I emailed them asking which dress I received and explaining the situation they just offered to exchange or return the incorrect item, so I ended up wearing the wrong dress for my event due to the time constraint. It was a similar dress so it wasn't a catastrophe but I found it on their website and discovered that it would have cost less than the dress I paid for but didn't get. I am waiting to hear back from them on if they will refund me the difference for the dress I didn't receive. I also once received a dress with a tear in the material and was unable to exchange it because it was out of stock in my size - the best dresses sell out fast! Overall, this is a great online store with stylish, high quality clothing. Sometimes they ship the wrong item and only offer a return or a slow exchange, but I will continue to order from here.

EDIT: While I have still not heard back about if my credit card will be refunded for the incorrect dress, I did receive a $20 credit for their site. (:

Response from Karen J., Lulus Representative
Hi Lexi!

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. I am so happy to hear you love and continue to shop on our site! While we are a newer company, mistakes are bound to happen but we will always try to resolve and leave you having a better experience. I am sorry to hear there were a few errors in your orders. I have reviewed your account and orders and I do see you have placed quite a few orders with us. I have emailed you a gift voucher to use on our site on any order in the future. We are so sorry for any mistakes made on our end.

I hope you have a wonderful day! XOXO
alyssar18
8/4/17

Ok I order my dress on August 1,2017 at 7p.m. and I received it August 4,2017 at 11:30a.m. I was so excited!!! It's the color I wanted!!! I got it a week before it was suppose to come in.The dress was absolutely beautiful and fit perfectly!!! Thank you so much Lulus!!! Xoxoxo

heatherm175
7/24/17

I procrastinated buying a bridesmaid dress, and to my dismay I received it with a stain on the front. To be clear, the stain was likely from the place it was packed, not from wear. I contacted customer service asking them to be reimbursed for dry cleaning fees and they were more than happy to oblige $30 back on my $110 dress-impressive!). They also gave me 15% off my next purchase. All of the bridesmaids in the wedding party have ordered with lulus and we have all had fantastic experiences with customer service (someone was shipped shoes instead of a dress, oops). The way the one star reviews are worded lead me to believe that the reimbursement or promotions offered as reparation are less to those who do not approach these situations in a calm and open manner. Don't bite the hand that feeds.

brittanym68
7/24/17

I was skeptical after reading some reviews but I fell in love with two dresses and took a chance. On the website there is reviews from real customers who can enter their size, weight, etc and it gives you a chance to compare their reviews and your measurements to find the perfect size. Once I found the two dresses I wanted for my bachelorette party that is in a week I opted for three day shipping which was only an extra $9.00. They arrived right on time and I am in LOVE. Exactly how the website described them. I will be order again and recommending to friends.

I was charged tax and duties for mine, about 30-35% of the total purchase.

By Lani L.

Hi Anastasia! Thanks for contacting us. Restocking depends on a few factors. If this is a sale item and marked down, that specific item and color will not be coming back. If an item does really well on our site, we will restock it if the vendor has that option still. The season and color has a lot to due with restocking dates as well as we try to keep our site current. We list the dates on the specific item once we have a confirmation. If you wanted to call, chat or email in we would be more than happy to look up specific items for you! If you have any further questions or concerns feel free to email back or call us at 1-866-918-5858. Have a lovely day! XOXO

By Karen J. [Lulus Rep]

Hi Tina! Thank you for contacting us. All of our Prices are in USD. We are located in California. The material, price and origin on your item's all help in determining what your government will charge you in customs for duties and taxes. These are assessed as you are importing items into your country. Items that are made in the USA are less likely to be charged. I hope this helps! XOXO

By Karen J. [Lulus Rep]

Hi Kelly! To find the best fit and size for you, we recommend comparing your personal measurements (bust, waist, hip) to our size chart online. If the dress you're looking at does not have much stretch, you might consider sizing up for the best overall fit. I hope this helps point you in the right direction! If you have any other questions about sizing, please feel free to chat in with one of our Live Chat Stylists or give us a call at 1-866-918-5858. XOXO

By Megan R. [Lulus Rep]

As of 8/18/2015, they offer free returns when you postmark your return within 10 days of delivery, otherwise they charge you $7 for shipping it back.

By Anon Y.

Hello Tasia! Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately we do not sell our products on Wish.com. We do offer 10% off your first order with us, so please feel free to check out our promos! Have a wonderful day! XOXO

By Karen J. [Lulus Rep]

Hello Anmol! Thank you so much for reaching out! I am happy to help. If you are located in the USA and place the order before 10am PST these are the rates and dates: Overnight Shipping $25- 12/8 Second Day Air $18-12/11 Third Day $9- 12/12 After 10am PST these orders will leave the following business day. I hope this helped! Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. Have a lovely day. XOXO

By Karen J. [Lulus Rep]

Hi Kate! Thanks so much for contacting us! These fees were charged for importing items, so a return would not result in more custom fees. I would contact you local postal carrier for instructions to file for these fees back once we have refunded you for the products! I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

By Karen J. [Lulus Rep]

Hello Erin! Thank you so much for contacting us! I am happy to help with your questions. Since we do not charge or collect these fees, the changes are sometimes are to estimate. Here is a great website to estimate these fees: https://borderbuddy.com/ Please reach out to our Customer Service if you have any further questions at 1-866-918-5858 or Love@lulus.com. Thank you and have a wonderful day! XOXO

By Karen J. [Lulus Rep]
Questions? Get answers from the Lulus staff and other customers.

18 Photos for Lulus