Review of Lulus

sales@lulus.com
2018 Customer choice award

jessicab592
2/4/19

Really great customer service; quickly fixed a small issue and went above and beyond to resolve it. Definitely will continue shopping with Lulus.

Response from Kestrel C., Lulus Representative
Hi Jessica,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. I'm truly so sorry to hear of your poor experience with our customer service team. This is not the standard to which we hold ourselves, and I assure you we'll be taking action to prevent this from occurring in the future. A supervisor has reviewed your order and contacted you via phone and email in hopes of providing assistance. We've sent you a prepaid return label so that we can refund you in full to your original payment method when you return the items. Additionally, we've sent you a $15 store credit for a total of $25 store credit in hopes that we can help with your next purchase. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to be in touch with us.

Hope to hear from you soon! XOXO
ashleyh286
2/4/19

I ordered my two bridesmaid dresses and planned on ordering my entire destination wedding wardrobe from Lulus. But what I did not know was that my two dresses totaling $160 American would be taxed with duty at 50%. I was not told that the package I paid tax on and shipping fees already would cost me another $80. Never have I ever in all my years of online shopping been charged duty from a clothing brand. Lulus posts their receipt on the outside of the box so that no matter what it will be stopped at the boarder and charged duty.
When I contacted Lulus as to returning my dresses and getting my $80 duty fees back, they never got back to me.
I'm so unhappy with my purchase.
And the longer I wait for a response the more I spread the word to my fellow Canadians about their terrible service.
Not worth it for Canadians to order from Lulus. Their service is terrible.

Tip for consumers: If you are Canadian don’t even bother. You will be very unhappy when you have to pay another 50% of what you already paid for the items just to pick up your package.

Response from Kestrel C., Lulus Representative
Hi Ashley,

Thank you for your review of Lulus! At Lulus, we greatly value all of our customers. We do not have a way to predict or control duties and taxes, as they're applied by the Canadian government when you import items. Because of this, it's disappointing for us to hear that your customs fees were higher than expected. I'm truly so sorry for this!

We have reviewed your order and a customer service supervisor reached out via email yesterday, 2/4/19, in hopes of finding a resolution. We did refund your original shipping fee, so that we can help offset the cost of these customs fees. Additionally as a gesture of apology, we've sent you a store credit and a coupon code for next time.

I really hope that we will be able to assist, and in turn improve your experience with Lulus.

Hope we hear from you soon! XOXO
zuhalm
2/2/19

These people do not care about their customers. I wanted to return something but couldn't because it was on clearance and they were being so rude.

Response from Kestrel C., Lulus Representative
Hi Zuhal,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. A customer service supervisor did review your purchase and reached out to you to coordinate a return to your original payment method for this purchase. Additionally, we applied a coupon to your purchase and issued you a store credit as a gesture of apology. We hope that we've been able to address your concern, and improve your overall view of Lulus. If there is anything else we can assist with, please don't hesitate to contact us!

Have a great day! XOXO
melissan121
1/29/19

Upon leaving my original review, I was very quickly reached out by Lulus' customer service supervisor. He not only heard my story and understood the situation, but offered the help I never got from the first customer service officer I spoke to over Lulus Live Chat. I am very satisfied with how quickly and professionally he tried to resolve the situation, and my faith in the brand has been restored because of him. Hopefully the customer service team can grow to be better under his leadership.

Original review:
This review is specifically for Lulu's customer service.

I have been a loyal support of Lulu's clothing for a long time now. I love most their clothes, and have always been impressed with their customer service (up until now).

I made an order during the Black Friday period in 2018. I received the items a week later. I tried them on and set the ones I wanted to return aside. Unfortunately, I had to leave the country for an internship abroad shortly after that and had placed it in a friend's care to return them for me. Fast forward to Jan, I found out that my friend did not return them for me because he had to go out of state for an internship too. I immediately reached out to Lulu's customer service via the Live Chat function for help. I notified them that I'd only be back in the country on the 16th of Feb and will only be able to return the items, in it's original condition--bags and tags and all, then. I understand that is it past the 30 day return window, but was still hoping that could make an exception just this once seeing that I, their long time customer, was out of the country and did not intentionally NOT want to return my items on time. However, I was just continuously slapped with the "sorry but we can't accept returns past the 30 day window" rhetoric. The lady tried to help by giving me a 20% off coupon code but that was not the point of me reaching out to their customer service in the first place. Eventually, she just kept saying how she could not help any further, and told me to call their toll free hotline for anything else. Now, I am left helpless, frustrated, and stuck with pieces of clothing that don't fit me (One of which is the EVE DARK GREEN LACE SHEATH MIDI DRESS BARDOT--expensive [$159] and horribly made), and a very disappointing experience with an otherwise fantastic company. It's been real, Lulus. Thanks for showing me how you truly handle your "VIP" program customers. I'll take my business somewhere else now.

kaytlenp
1/26/19

Updated Review: I was contacted by the supervisor very quickly post my experience earlier today. I am pleased with the way the situation was handled and will probably try to order from Lulu's again in the near future. I have changed my rating, because I don't want to bash the whole company for one bad seed.

Old Review: I had questions about my FIRST order at Lulus. I contacted customer service via email to get clarification on the student discount. The first email I received was nice, but very unclear. I replied asking a question about what * had sent and her response was totally UNPROFESSIONAL and RUDE. Customer service is everything, and if you don't have that as a company, you have nothing. I made my first purchase today and that will be the last because of the way I was treated.

*Personal information redacted by admin

lillianah
12/21/18

They sent me the completely wrong dress. It was a different size and style than the one I ordered. I called them right away and the right dress was shipped the next day. I was very frustrated but they did mend it pretty quickly.

yvonned30
12/7/18

Really great dresses for bridesmaids. They are affordable but really good quality I would recommend looking here before anywhere else. also they fit perfect on all the girls no one had to get it hemmed

Response from Kestrel C., Lulus Representative
Hi Yvonne,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! On behalf of myself and the rest of the Lulus team, I just wanted to say congratulations on your engagement!

I am so glad to hear that our dresses worked out for your bridal party! If you ever need assistance from Lulus, please don't hesitate to contact our customer service team. We're in the office daily and would be happy to help!

We really appreciate you leaving a review, as it helps our Lulus community. :)

XOXO
michellej191
11/23/18

Lulus reached out to me right away to remedy the problem. They clarified the reason and even provided a photo of the issue and are fixing this issue for me. I didn't realize there was cat hair on the dress (darnit cats!) and can understand their policy. While I wish they had approached this differently in the original email, I can understand needing returns in a certain order. Updated rating to reflect their speedy correction of this issue.

I tried the dress on once, immediately packaged it back up. Returned the item and was notified that it did not pass quality control.

There was nothing wrong with the dress, it was returned in the exact same condition as when I received it. And now all I can do is get credited (one time, as a courtesy to me apparently) so that I can buy something again from this site which I have no desire to do. I also was charged return shipping. I was a first time shopper hoping I had found a good site - but I will never buy here again.

From their email:
"Please keep this in mind for future orders that this was a one time courtesy. This would have been returned to you in regular instances. Your account has been noted. If this were to happen again, it would be refused and no refund given."

A "one-time courtesy" would have been refunding my money - not forcing me to buy more products from you after I feel like I've had poor customer service. If it had been handled that way, instead of in an email that seemed to punish and scold me, I might have felt different about lulus.

jamieg115
11/8/18

I ordered my wedding dress from this site and I don't regret it a bit!! It literally fit like a glove! Received my order in 3 days and in perfect condition. Only thing I noticed was I needed to buy a slip for underneath bc it was slightly sheer. But it was a white dress, sooo. Makes sense. I'm definitely going to be coming back!! xxz

Response from Kestrel C., Lulus Representative
Hi Jamie,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback, and uploading this lovely picture! We are so happy that Lulus was able to be a part of your special day! On behalf of myself and the rest of the Lulus team, I just wanted to say congratulations!

We really appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. If we can ever be of assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out!

XOXO
kristinap51
11/7/18

Very happy with the dress I ordered. As soon I put the dress on. I knew this was the dress. Very classy black dress. I loved it.

jessicap308
10/29/18

UPDATE- I was contacted shortly after this review was written and they went above and beyond to rectify the situation. I ended up getting additional store credit and was refunded the difference i paid for the new dress as well as them covering my expedited shipping. Thanks LuLu's! It shows me they really care which is nice to see from a huge online retailer.

I ordered a dress for a wedding a month in advance and when I received it, it unfortunately didn't fit. I ended up sending it back right away and opted for their store credit so I could purchase another dress. Fast forward 17 DAYS and the return still hasn't been processed. I've chatted and emailed with a few people and everyone assured me "a few more days". Now the wedding is in less than a week and i probably won't have time to get order a new dress and receive it by the date needed. Huge disappointment. If I had known the process would have been so drawn out i would have just opted for a regular return. Anyways don't return anything here and expect there to be a quick turnaround.

gabrielaw6
10/19/18

I love Lulu's! It has become my fav online website to buy. Their costumer service is great, they are always responding their live chat , email or phone calls, so they never leave you hanging. The quality is really good and well some items may not be able to be returned because is Final Sale and they specify it on their website so I don't know why some people complain about it, you need to read before buying...
Returns are free and exchanges , everything is so easy with them. I'm comparing this to other websites I've bought from and Lulu's is the best SO FAR... !

genied2
8/21/18

I ordered 3 items. Two dresses, based on the sizing I got an L for both. One was too big, the other too small! The necklace I ordered is totally cheap looking I can't return anything because they were on clearance. First and last time ordering from them!

Response from Karen J., Lulus Representative
Hi Genie!

Thanks again for your review. I am reaching out to remind you that we received and refunded your order on 8/24. The refund should have taken about 3-5 business days to post back into your account.

We would love to hear your new review of us and see if there is anything else that we can do for you! We hope to hear back soon! XOXO
candiec1
8/6/18

Started out as a loyal customer - NO MORE!!!! I don't know who the incompetent people running this place are, but this is RIDICULOUS!!! Do NOT count on Lulu's to get your return right when you send something back. I returned a pair of leather sandals. Instead of crediting me the $138.00 I paid for them, they credited me $12 for the cheap, plastic pair they would not let me return (and I wanted to - ugh!). Then they argued with me and told me I was too stupid to know which sandals I returned. Then they gave me store credit (store credit? Really? So I can have the pleasure of a repeat experience with you?) for a partial amount instead of the FULL refund, because THEY screwed up! This loyal customer is GONE!!!!

Response from Karen J., Lulus Representative
Hello Candice,

Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out and leave this review. We hope that we can learn from this experience and improve your outlook on us. I do see that we have refunded this item back to your original form of payment. We are very sorry for the less than perfect customer care you received and for any mistakes that we made on our end.

I have a supervisor reaching out to you as soon as possible to discuss this order, review and resolutions for you.

We hope that we can turn this experience around for you. Please let me know if there is anything else that we can assist you with!
dianah149
7/17/18

I have always ordered from Lulus for couple of years now and I love their dresses and shoes and recently I was very upset about the duties and taxes that I was charged in Canada but lulus offered their help and were ready to help me with everything and I truly appreciate so much their help and I will continue buying from Lulus! If anything lulus has best costumer service!

lindaa278
7/11/18

we have made several purchases and returns through LULU's. Clothes are beautiful and fit to size, and when we have had to return or exchange anything the service has been exceptional! Stay away from Simply Dresses!!!!!!!! They are the worst!

sarahl369
7/11/18

I have been shopping here for a year now and have had NOTHING but GREAT service. If you have a problem with anything customer service is probably the best part of it all besides the clothing of course. Very affordable and you are sure to get compliments on anything of theirs!! Great prices, friendly people, great shipping and free returns. Really you can't ask for a better site to shop from... LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!! So glad I found lulus!!!!

mashaw
7/11/18

I've ordered from Lulus maybe 3-4 times and this time will be the last. I ordered two things, they came, I tried them on when I came home from work. Neither fit so I promptly returned the next day. When I received my return update they tried telling me one of my returns was not accepted because the dress seemed worn. Now aside from the 3 minutes it might have been on me when I tried it on, it was absolutely not worn. I went on their chat to try to resolve the issue and the representative started telling me that the tags were cut off (not like those paper store tags, but the size tags sewn into the dress) and the little straps on the side you use to hang dresses were also cut off. I was completely astonished because I absolutely did not do this. The only way this could have happened is if they sent me the dress in that condition. The person on chat was not helpful at all and told me to call in instead. So I did call in and after some more arguing I was granted a "one time curtsy refund" Yeah it'll be one time because I will never make the mistake of shopping there again! I did not alter the dress in any sort of way and I just can't believe they tried to tell me I cut a bunch of things off it.

They are a complete SCAM.

Response from Karen J., Lulus Representative
Hello!

Thank you for reaching out to us. I truly apologize for the issues you've encountered while returning the Sultry Nights White Lace Bodycon Dress. I completely understand your frustration as this is not something you had done to the item, and I am going to be reaching out to my managers to review our returns policy process. I see we have refunded you for those items, however I will be also sending you $25 in online store credit for the frustration this has caused.
Generally, in these instances we do not refund as the item is not fit to re-sell without the tags, however this was an oversight by our team which should not be something you, as a customer, should have to deal with! I am so sorry and hope we can have another chance to earn back your business. We value our customer's here at Lulu's and never want anyone to have anything less than an outstanding experience. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

alexisp19
7/10/18

I have been shopping here since highschool, I am now 23 and it is still one of my favorite sites to order online. Its so rare to find a company with affordable cute clothes as well as great customer service, which they have. I usually only do reviews when something negative happens, but felt inclined to for Lulu's bc they really seem to care about their customers and accommodate me whenever possible. Highly recommend! If any issues arise, which can happen with online shopping, they actually care to resolve the problem.

nikkic56
6/25/18

I have ordered from Lulu's at least 10x and each time has been excellent. I've had seamless return experiences and I love that some of their dresses are Made in the USA. The quality is a lot better than I expected for the price and always really cute. I've been consistently impressed. One piece of advice though, always order one size up.

catherinew121
6/18/18

I used to love Lulus but from my recent purchase experience its very inconvenient for their return service. They charged for the shipping for return packages. Also, it really upsets me that they assumed a missing item in the return package was by my mistake. The customer service isnt helpful at all.

Response from Karen J., Lulus Representative
Hello Catherine.

Thank you for leaving a review. I am happy to help you with any of your concerns. I can confirm that you were not charged for returning this package on our end. I did see 70009512 was charged. I went ahead and refunded that as a courtesy. We offer 10 days from the delivery date to postmark your return for free shipping, after that it is a $7 fee.

As for the missing item, I went ahead and refunded this although it was missing from the package upon opening. Again, I am sorry for any inconveniences. Is there anything else I can help you with to improve your experience and review?

I hope to hear back from you soon. Have a great day!
isabellap9
6/18/18

I just ordered about $300 worth of clothes from here. It was my first order from them and I havent received it yet. I googled them to see how long their standard free shipping takes, and I found these reviews in the search. Now Im worried that if there is a problem they have bad customer service and I wont be able to return an item. For an online store - this is a bad reputation to have. I need to be able to count on a store to take something back if I dont like it, because you cant try it on beforehand.

I hope I dont regret my order.

carinam7
6/13/18

As you know when you buy clothing online, you never know what you're going to get. I was pleasantly surprised on the quality of the clothes ( No extra yarn hanging off, good material, and no defects) For the price point, I highly recommend.

marines5
6/12/18

I bought dresses I did not received. Lulus tried is best to solve the problem. I eventually received a refund. Thank you so much for being so responsive.

katd34
6/9/18

Update - I was contacted by customer service after this review and given my full refund which I greatly appreciate.

I have been a fan of lulus for a while and consistently ordered A LOT of their clothing. I have never complained or had issues until this week and after the lack of customer service I received I will stop shopping there. The strap on a bathing suit I ordered broke - I purchased this item in January but have yet to wear it since it just became summer - the tag is still on the item. When I contacted customer service they offered a 25% refund so I could go get their item fixed. No one has time for that. I requested a full refund or simply to send a non-defective one and they refused. The woman had the nerve to tell me I should try the item on when I get it - obviously I tried it on to make sure it fit and obviously it didn't break at that time or I would have contacted them a while ago. Very uncool and upsetting. Be careful.

Did you end up ordering from Lulus if so how much were you charged extra??

By Darcy H.

Hi Anastasia! Thanks for contacting us. Restocking depends on a few factors. If this is a sale item and marked down, that specific item and color will not be coming back. If an item does really well on our site, we will restock it if the vendor has that option still. The season and color has a lot to due with restocking dates as well as we try to keep our site current. We list the dates on the specific item once we have a confirmation. If you wanted to call, chat or email in we would be more than happy to look up specific items for you! If you have any further questions or concerns feel free to email back or call us at 1-866-918-5858. Have a lovely day! XOXO

By Karen J., Lulus Representative

Hi Tina! Thank you for contacting us. All of our Prices are in USD. We are located in California. The material, price and origin on your item's all help in determining what your government will charge you in customs for duties and taxes. These are assessed as you are importing items into your country. Items that are made in the USA are less likely to be charged. I hope this helps! XOXO

By Karen J., Lulus Representative

Hi Kelly! To find the best fit and size for you, we recommend comparing your personal measurements (bust, waist, hip) to our size chart online. If the dress you're looking at does not have much stretch, you might consider sizing up for the best overall fit. I hope this helps point you in the right direction! If you have any other questions about sizing, please feel free to chat in with one of our Live Chat Stylists or give us a call at 1-866-918-5858. XOXO

By Megan R., Lulus Representative

Refunds can take up to two weeks.

By Anon Y.

As of 8/18/2015, they offer free returns when you postmark your return within 10 days of delivery, otherwise they charge you $7 for shipping it back.

By Anon Y.

Hi Laura! Thank you for getting in touch with us! At Lulus, our sizing generally equates a size small to a size 2-4! While most of our items fit true to size, we do make note of any that run small or large. Additionally, I would suggest checking out our customer reviews! These are a great resource, and on the left side of the customer review there's an area where customers are able to input the fit information. If you're unsure of which size to order or would like more information about the fit of any particular item, our customer service team would be happy to help! We're in the office daily from 5:00 AM - 9:00 PM PST, and can be reached via phone, email, and live chat. I hope that this helps! If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to let us know. Have a great day! XOXO

By Kestrel C., Lulus Representative

Hi Grace! Thanks for reaching out! We carry several brands here at Lulus, because of this our shoe fit can be slightly larger or smaller depending on the manufacturer. However, we always write under the available sizes a note stating the shoes fit. For example, on the CARLETON LIGHT BROWN SUEDE LEATHER LACE-UP MID-CALF BOOTIES, the note states "Note: Fit is true to size." I would suggest checking this section or another great resource is customer reviews! On the left side of the customer review there's an area where customers are able to input the fit information. If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to let us know. Have a great day! XOXO

By Felicia R.

Hi Jennifer! Thanks for reaching out! Shipping and delivery times depends on your location! Please visit out Customer Service Page for your location's shipping information. Our Live Chat feature is also great for getting fast information! Have a great day! XOXO

By Karen J., Lulus Representative

Hi Stephanie, Thank you for reaching out. Excellent question! I would be happy to help you select the perfect fit of pants. We sell many different brands here at Lulus, and they all have a slightly different fit. However, if you use the size chart on the items page above the "Add to Bag" button, you'll be able to find the best fit based on your measurements. If you generally wear a size 5, I would recommend a 27 - 28 in jeans or small - medium in pants. If you'd also like to reply to this email with the item you're interested in and your waist measurement, I'd be happy to help you find a more custom fit. We look forward to your reply! Have a wonderful day!

By Felicia R.
Questions? Get answers from the Lulus staff and other customers.

Lulus?