Review of Lulus

sales@lulus.com
2018 Customer choice award

isabelg36
5/20/19

the fabrics were very hot. One of the dressers the zipper stop middle back. very poor quality for so expensive dress.

Response from Kestrel C., Lulus Representative
Hi Isabel,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're so sorry to hear that you found the fabrics to be too warm, and that one of the dresses wouldn't fully zip. We never want a customer to be dissatisfied with their purchase, so a member of our team has reached out in hopes of providing assistance! We have fully refunded you for the two items you weren't satisfied with, as we don't want you to have paid for items that aren't of the quality standards we hold ourselves to. We hope we've been able to help. If there is anything further that we can assist you with, please don't hesitate to let us know.

mj236
5/20/19

Awesome site to shop! Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome aaaaaaaaaaaaaqaaaaaaaaaaa!!!aaaaaaaaaaaa

gwendolynt13
5/20/19

The Lulu's website has amazing clothes at affordable prices. Great discounts too! Customer service is spot on when it comes to providing quality service as well.

brenday21
5/20/19

My order came quickly and everything was just as pictured. Love everything I ordered and can't wait to wear it. I will definitely order again.

lizr112
5/20/19

I love this place because you can actually see the clothes on "real people" that possibly might have the same body type as you. It makes the shopping experience very pleasurable ! Thank you!

susanl500
5/19/19

Not well made. The shoe looks great on the website but was a very awkward fit. Sadly, these were immediately returned.

Response from Kestrel C., Lulus Representative
Hi Susan,

Thank you for your review! We're so sorry that the shoes didn't fit as expected. We want to improve your experience however we can, so a member of our team has reached out to you in hopes of providing assistance!

Since you have returned them for a refund, we've made sure to also refund your original shipping fees as we don't want you to have paid for the shipping service if you weren't happy with the shoes themselves. We have also sent you some store credit as a gesture of apology. We hope that we've been able to help; if there's anything further that we can assist you with please don't hesitate to contact us.

sarahk288
5/17/19

Overall pretty good experience. The only issue was that free returns were advertised, yet I was charged a return fee when my returns were processed. That is misleading.

Response from Kestrel C., Lulus Representative
Hi Sarah,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We're sorry for any confusion regarding return shipping! We do offer free return shipping on returns post marked within ten days of delivery, however after that time there is a fee applied for the use of the label. We don't want you to have paid for this service as it was unexpected, so a member of our team has reached out in hopes of assisting! We've issued you a refund for the return shipping cost to your original payment method, and you should see those funds reflected back within a few business days depending on your bank's processing times. We hope this helps! If there's anything else that we can give you a hand with, please don't hesitate to let us know. We'd be happy to assist you however we can!

kelliec29
5/17/19

Miranda was so professional AND sweet at the same time. After being unable to print my return label & it had expired by the time I made it to UPS, she sent it in a pdf immediately. She handled my issue in no time.

jessicag339
5/15/19

Sometimes my orders come really fast, sometimes my order gets shipped from Pennsylvania to California BACK to NORTH CAROLINA and then back to California....I realize that might be a ups problem but when I order a dress for a wedding two weeks ahead of time and it says it will be here in four days and it ends up takes a four WEEKS...it's kind of a bad reflection on Lulus

Response from Kestrel C., Lulus Representative
Hi Jessica,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We're sorry for any disappointment regarding the delivery times for free ground shipping. We never want a customer to be dissatisfied with their experience, so a member of our team has reached out in hopes of providing assistance.

You're correct that the shipping carriers ultimately determine when the package will arrive based on their volume, the route the package takes, and other factors. With that said, we do strive to have packages delivered as close to their estimated arrival date as possible!

Since orders placed with ground shipping do take an estimated 4-10 business days to deliver once in transit, we offer several expedited shipping methods. We've sent you some store credit to help cover the cost of 3 business day shipping on your next order! We hope we've been able to help provide some more insight. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us!

Have a lovely day! XOXO
cherieb36
5/15/19

Cork wedgie strappie sandals fit perfectly and LOVE them. I am size 5.5, so that is hard for me to find a good shoe fit. I had to return clothing items because they were too big. I am very petite. Unfortunately a smaller size not available, because the bodysuit (tops) were adorable and of excellent quality. Lulu's quickly & efficiently processed my order and my return. Excellent experience on my first try shopping on Lulu site.

kemberlyg
5/15/19

So many cute an Affordable items. Definitely my favorite online store. I recommend it without a doubt.

beccas30
5/13/19

I have been trying to find dresses for all of my bridesmaids that are affordable and have completely struck out everywhere else. Lulus has a wonderful selection of very affordable dresses. When I found the dress that I liked, it said it was going to be out of stock until August, so I contacted the support staff to see if that date was going to be accurate. Their response time was unmatched, and each of the members of the staff that I communicated with was extremely helpful and answered any questions I had. Thank you so much lulus!!

jessicap351
5/13/19

IF YOUR CANADIAN AVOID LULU = SCAM
I ordered 3 dresses from Lulu amount = 297$US. When I went and picked them up I had to 141$Can in duties!!!! Even the guy at post Canada felt sorry for me!!
Now, the nightmare is not over I want to return 2 of these dresses so I have to pay another 100$+ to return to them !!!
By the way it is very important to specify that when you go on their website it mentions 'free shipping' It is not mentionned US only. I have ordered many times from US or Erope and I have never ever seen or heard about a 35% extra fee on your packages
So my dress that was originally about 130$ end up costing 400$!!! This is insane!!! I went on the online chat for help,spoke with Alison and Gaby they offered to pay for the shipping fee that is btw 12$!!!!!!!
They also want to give me a credit which I DONT WANT.
LULU, keep your dresses pay me back and prove me you are not a scam

Response from Kestrel C., Lulus Representative
Hi Jessica,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're so sorry to hear about your disappointment in your experience with this order. We want to help however we can, so a member of our team has reached out to you privately in hopes of providing assistance.

In relation to customs fees such as duties and taxes, these fees are applied by the Canadian government when you import items. As a result, Lulus has no way to predict or control the amount of the customs fees paid to the Canada Border Services Agency. We try to maintain as much transparency about these fees as possible by including as much information as we can about them in the checkout process. If you do make a return, you may be able to apply for a refund of the customs fees' cost through the CBSA.

We have issued you a refund for your original shipping cost to help with the cost of return shipping. Today the team member who reached out to you also applied a 15% coupon to your order, so that we could refund you additional money to help with the cost of return.We hope that this helps to cover the cost of return shipping. If there is anything else that we can assist with please feel free to respond. We really value you as a customer, and we're eager to regain your trust in Lulus as a company!

kellyr240
5/10/19

dresses look way better in the pics, sizes are larger than standard,
so unflattering
had to pay $130 duty to come in to Canada, will cost too much to send back
stuck with merchandise that will never be worn many better options out there

Response from Kestrel C., Lulus Representative
Hi Kelly,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review! I'm sorry to hear that the sizing of the dresses wasn't as expected. We want to assist with this however we can, so a member of our team has reached out to you via email. We have refunded your original shipping fee to help cover the cost of return shipping, if you would like to send the items back to us.

In regards to duties and taxes, we're so sorry if these exceeded the expected cost. These customs fees are applied by the Canadian government when items are imported. For this reason, Lulus has no way to predict or control the cost of duties and taxes. If you do make a return, the CBSA may be able to refund you for these customs fees. We've sent you the form to do so via email.

I hope that this helps! If there is anything further that we can assist you with please don't hesitate to let us know. We really value you as a customer, and we're eager to regain your trust in Lulus as a company.

mayaw15
5/10/19

I really liked the dresses, especially for the price. They are pretty good quality and flattering. My one complaint is that it came very wrinkled.

annettep42
5/10/19

I haven't had any issues with the products, packaging or shipping so I had no need to use customer service

lindar562
5/10/19

Always on time, lots of options and great quality. Lulus you always come through for me !!! my go to....

lianneg1
5/10/19

Easy to order. Easy to make returns. My daughter found the exact dress she wanted for her Prom. Even with alterations, it was much less expensive than the major retail stores. Very good quality. She looked beautiful.

sabrinat28
5/9/19

Absolutely love all of my outfits that I've purchased from lulus. They're all true to size.. Received so many compliments.. Customer service are very excellent

lenab29
5/9/19

the things i looked at were great and represented what then came in the mail, i'd order again! also prices are way more reasonable than other sites

sarahm852
5/8/19

So I had been really in-love with one of Lulu's dresses and had to wait for it to come back in stock. Even with the dress being 80 USD (around 108 CAD) I still wanted to buy them. I had read plenty of reviews on the dress but was unsure of what size to get. So I decided to go with buying both a small and medium. I didn't even think twice about looking at the return policy, as I remember seeing a 10 day free-return policy. ! I found out after both dresses arrived however, that the 10 day free-shipping was for United States residence only. I also discovered that if you're a Canadian buyer, you'll have to pay the return postage (20-30$ CAD) and then also pay the return duties and taxes (about 60 CAD) so, for me to return the dress I would almost be paying for a brand new dress! Ridiculous! It's not worth it to return! So it'll remain in the plastic sleeve that they sent to me in my closetsuch a waste.

I was also deeply disappointed with the quality of the dress; for 108CAD I was expecting a material that doesn't wrinkle whenever you sit on it. After ironing it for 10 minutes, I noticed that there were even loose strings! I know it's not that big of a deal, and I can cut the strings off, however for paying 108 CAD, I would expect a more expensive material to be chosen so the dress would not wrinkle, and not have any loose strings! Now I'm worried that the loose strings may unthread. Really disappointed.

I was shocked to discover when the package arrived the tax and duties were almost 60 CAD!!!!! While I know this is the Canadian Government that implements these tax and duties, I am still so shocked. I have bought tonnes of stuff from Japan, Korea and even China and have never been once dinged for duties! Some brands already cover tax and duties for Canadian customers (Aerie, Urban Outfitters). I would strongly suggest international customers that if you want to buy items from Lulu's to read the fine print.

I guess the most upsetting thing is the lack of support for international buyers. To fellow Canadians: it is not worth buying from this brand; the quality does not match the price and you will just be disappointed. If you want to return an item you'll be expected to pay both the return postage and the return tax and duties. I will not be buying from Lulu's again. Severely disappointed with the quality of the dress, the lack of support and services available for Canadian customers.

Response from Kestrel C., Lulus Representative
Hi Sarah,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I'm truly sorry to hear of your disappointing experience with this order, from the confusion regarding returns, to the poor quality of the items. We never want to leave a customer dissatisfied with their purchase, so a member of our team has reached out in hopes of providing assistance!

We've applied a discounted price to the dresses you ordered, to make up for the quality not being as expected. As a gesture of apology we've also swapped the coupon on your order to give you the best discount possible, and refunded your original shipping fee. We want to do something to help with a future order, so we've also sent you a $25 store credit!

We really value you as a customer, and we're eager to regain your trust in Lulus as a company. If there's anything further that we can assist you with, please don't hesitate to contact us. We would be happy to help!

carolr304
5/6/19

I recently purchased a lace cami not only did it not fit properly was a bit small even after I purchased one size bigger, it was also torn

Response from Kestrel C., Lulus Representative
Hi Carol,

Thank you for your review! I'm so sorry that the top you ordered didn't fit as expected, and that the item was damaged. At Lulus we pride ourselves on quality and we're eager to resolve any concerns you may have! A member of our team reached out in response to your review, and we sent a replacement item at no additional cost. As a gesture of apology we've also issued you a store credit to help with your next order! I hope this helps. If there is anything further that we can assist you with, please don't hesitate to be in touch.

ginad105
5/6/19

Great customer service.
Liked the website and simple ordering process.
Fast shipping and easy returns.
Would definitely recommend to friends!

jaslines
5/5/19

Shopping at lulus is always a great experience! The clothing, shoes, and accessory choices are amazing where you can find something for every event and the prices are reasonable. Customer service is great as well.

eboneeb
5/5/19

Lulus has the most creative way to guarantee you get the right size! Make sure you read the reviews, as they'll help guide you in what the fit will be like on someone who has the same body type! This was the #1 reason I shopped here instead of somewhere else. It's hard shopping online when you have a very specific body type, but Lulus makes it easy!

Did you end up ordering from Lulus if so how much were you charged extra??

By Darcy H.

Hi Anastasia! Thanks for contacting us. Restocking depends on a few factors. If this is a sale item and marked down, that specific item and color will not be coming back. If an item does really well on our site, we will restock it if the vendor has that option still. The season and color has a lot to due with restocking dates as well as we try to keep our site current. We list the dates on the specific item once we have a confirmation. If you wanted to call, chat or email in we would be more than happy to look up specific items for you! If you have any further questions or concerns feel free to email back or call us at 1-866-918-5858. Have a lovely day! XOXO

By Karen J., Lulus Representative

Hi Tina! Thank you for contacting us. All of our Prices are in USD. We are located in California. The material, price and origin on your item's all help in determining what your government will charge you in customs for duties and taxes. These are assessed as you are importing items into your country. Items that are made in the USA are less likely to be charged. I hope this helps! XOXO

By Karen J., Lulus Representative

Hi Kelly! To find the best fit and size for you, we recommend comparing your personal measurements (bust, waist, hip) to our size chart online. If the dress you're looking at does not have much stretch, you might consider sizing up for the best overall fit. I hope this helps point you in the right direction! If you have any other questions about sizing, please feel free to chat in with one of our Live Chat Stylists or give us a call at 1-866-918-5858. XOXO

By Megan R., Lulus Representative

Refunds can take up to two weeks.

By Anon Y.

As of 8/18/2015, they offer free returns when you postmark your return within 10 days of delivery, otherwise they charge you $7 for shipping it back.

By Anon Y.

Hi Corrina, Thanks for getting in touch with us! We would be happy to check your order's status for you. If you could get in touch with our customer service team and provide your order number, we'll be sure to look into this for you. We can be reached via phone, email, or live chat any day of the week between 5:00 AM - 9:00 PM PST. Hope we hear from you soon! XOXO Kestrel at Lulus

By Kestrel C., Lulus Representative

Hi Corrina, Thank you for your question! If you're shipping your order within the US, processing time depends on the shipping method you select. Orders placed with ground shipping typically take 2-3 business days to be processed for shipment. Orders placed with expedited shipping will be processed and shipped the same business day if ordered before 10 AM PST. If the order is placed after 10 AM PST, the order will process and ship the next business day. We hope this helps! If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch with our customer service team via phone, email, or live chat. :) Have a great day! XOXO Kestrel at Lulus

By Kestrel C., Lulus Representative

Hi Micayla, Thanks for your question! The available shipping options will depend on where your order is shipping to. If you're shipping within the continental US, we offer standard ground shipping as well as three different expedited shipping options. Ground shipping delivery dates are estimated, rather than guaranteed. Expedited shipping options are guaranteed within the continental US, and we do suggest selecting an expedited method if you need your package by a specific date. :) If you are ordering outside of the US, we do offer several shipping options! With each of the methods, delivery times are always estimated. This is because international orders have to process through your country's respective customs department, which can affect the shipping transit time. I hope this helps! If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact our customer service team directly via phone, live chat, or email. We're in the office daily and would be happy to help you select the right shipping method for your purchase! Have a lovely day! XOXO Kestrel at Lulus

By Kestrel C., Lulus Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Lulus staff and other customers.

Lulus?