Review of Lane Bryant

Tel: 866-886-4731
holley_richardson@lanebryant.com

caitlyns13
8/29/18

I stopped shopping with Lane Bryant and have moved onto Torrid instead. I think that the clothes are more styled for a business outing or a formal event instead of everyday wear. Don't get me wrong they have plenty of clothes on there that could be considered "everyday wear", but I feel older while wearing those. I like that torrid makes me feel younger and more stylish and is a tiny bit cheaper.

I do absolutely believe that Lane Bryant is worth the money if you are looking for a dress or a work outfit.

marnc
6/12/18

I had the worst experience with the customer service from Lane Bryant. I would like to explain this is not a reflection of the employees from my local store, they have always been great.
I purchased a dress online that was to be worn as a bridesmaid dress. The dress did indicate there was a low inventory, however it was listed as in stock online. My order was canceled. First of all, the notification was handled poorly. I ordered a few items and received notification that one of my items was shipping. At the very bottom of that email, it indicated the shipping for my dress was canceled, no reason listed.
Obviously I proceeded to contact Lane Bryant customer service to find out why. The associate I spoke with could really only tell me it was out of stock. She was not rude or anything, but I was looking for more answers. So I spoke with a Manager. This manager waa polite. I fully admit I was very frustrated and upset, now knowing the dress I was supposed to wear for my sister's wedding was not available. I inquired why items were available for purchase if they were not available. The manager informed it does not always update right away, so by the time my order went through, they could have all been sold out. I was still upset, but can sort of understand this. The manager said it's not real-time and could take sometimes hours to update. She was polite and offered to check to see if it would be in stock before the wedding and would call me back.
After our conversation, I proceeded to look online to see if there was any explanation of low inventory. I was looking for anything to explain that when you purchase and item, even though it is available for purchase and showing in-stock, it may not actually be available and in-stock. I completely searched their website and was not able to locate anything. While I was online, I looked up the dress again, and it was still available for purchase. Now I was very confused. I purchased this dress on Saturday (6/9/18), I just received notification on Tuesday morning (6/12/18) that it was canceled because it was out of stock. However, Tuesday afternoon (6/12/18) the dress is still available. If the dress has been unavailable since the order was placed on 6/9/18, why is it still listed for purchase on 6/12/18? I understand not everything is in real-time, but it is three days later.

I decided to call back to see why this dress was still available for purchase, 3 days later, when I was just informed that it is out of stock. I spoke with a retail sales manager, Thomas. I explained by situation, and was provided the same explanation as before. I mentioned that it was purchased 3 days ago, was still available to be sold online, and pressed for further explanation. He was immediately defensive and became rude and condescending. Now I was already frustrated and will not accept being spoken to in that manner, so I became defensive. Every response from Thomas was done with a rude tone. There were several occurrences where he would contradict himself. For example he said they will hold the order for a little while to see if it will come in stock. Then he told me my order was canceled. When I asked for clarification his response would always open with "I already explained this to you", with a severely negative tone. When I would inquire about how they were listing items to be sold when they have known for 3 days they were out of stock, he wouldn't even respond. He would eventually say "I already explained this to you, we are going around in circles. What do want?". I would respond with, "how does your company think it is okay to sell items, they know are not in stock?. He would be silent, ignore my comment and say "We are just going in circles, what can I help you with?".
I asked him why it would still be listed for sale 3 days later. He stated the inventory changes and they could have received more. I asked if more dresses were received on stock, why did I not get the dress, why was mine instead canceled. Thomas had no real explanation. I asked if there was any way I could be notified if the dress came in stock again, and was greeted with a rude "No". I was informed I could attempt to repurchase the dress (and most likely go through the entire process again). As we all know, orders are handled in the order received. So now I stead of being at the top of a waiting list, I am now at the bottom. Also, I had a deal last time, and am having to spend $30 more for the same dress. Which I was rudely told, there was nothing Thomas could do.

After being treated so terrible, I finally thanked him and disconnected the call. I know it is only a dress, and normally I wouldn't care. However I have a last minute wedding ceremony, and purchased this dress for a bridesmaid dress. So now I have a wedding in 2 weeks and do not have a dress. I just cannot believe it is okay for a company to sell items that they do not have in stock. If you know that "low inventory" means it may not be in stock, that should be well documented on the website. Instead, when an item is listed as "low inventory", the website advertises "almost sold out, so make it yours now". That could not be further from the truth.

antoniaf1
4/12/18

I have stopped shopping here unless I have absolutely no choice. The last time I purchased clothing from them I bought 4 pairs of pants @ 69.95 each. 2 were black and 2 were beige after one wear the hems and seems came undone in different spots on all 4 pairs of pants. When I brought them to the store they would not exchange them because I did not have a receipt. I explained that I ordered them online and that the receipt was accidentally tossed in the trash. When I called corporate they pretty much said too bad so sad. They did not offer to help or make it right. Mind you I didn't only buy pants. I spent about $500.00 for that order which included undergarments, shirts, and other basics. This company does not treat customers well and will not stand behind their product.

celesteb8
12/18/17

Lane Bryant wont let you apply promo codes & real women dollars online, I usually have to go instore for the best deals.
Im also a platinum card member with free shipping but it never works online. Ive called customer service twice & they couldnt fix it. I have to ship to store & go pick it up for free shipping.

marthat27
12/7/17

Youve got an interview and realize.. youve got nothing to wear!! Lane Bryant to the rescue! You may not be able to compare the clothes to big labels such as Armani or Ralph Lauren, but.... I gotta say that Lane Bryant is the middle class Dolce Gabana we can afford.

trishah13
11/30/17

Totally my favorite store! Really love the jeans :D Best leggings around too-not to mention the adorable dresses! This is my "for me" store :D

heatherr99
11/27/17

I love their bras. They make some of the best bras for women over a 36c that I've found to date. They aren't uniformly great, but they're good enough often enough that I don't mind ordering online & returning to the store if necessary though, I hate that they don't have the same options & prices in the store in the first place. It would simplify things if I could jsut try on & buy in the store.

They tend to use wider bands, and cover more of the back than many other brands, which is useful if you're a larger woman. I do wish more of their bras covered more of the underarm area however.

As for the rest of their clothing, it's all very meh. Cheap polyester fabrics more often than not, often poorly sewn & poorly sized. Even within the brand, I've fit a 20 in one outfit & a 16 in another in the past (at a time when I was a 22 in any other brand). Blame vanity sizing but when it's that inconsistent & they're pushing for more & more online sales, it makes it awful hard to order & not have to deal with a hassle ever.

Their clothing is largely shapeless. I'm big, I'm not a blob. I'm still a woman, I still have curves, I'd still like to look like a person & not a snowman in a tent. LB seems to have assumed that what women want is to hide their bodies in unflattering, weird boxy cuts that make me feel like I'm wearing a tent designed in 1980.

I no longer buy anything here other than their bras.

mailim
11/12/17

I need easy access to size 14-16 which many stores do not carry, Lane Bryant has up-graded their merchandise to meet the needs of younger shoppers in the size range of 12-16.

bettinaf1
11/9/17

Sometimes I am able to find just what I want at this store. Other times, I walk out with nothing. It is "hit or miss."

taran28
10/20/17

I just love LB! Easy, consumer friendly, great customer service! I have never been disappointed when ordering online with them.

karenb338
10/18/17

Love the fashion in my size. A store just for me. Who would have thought of that. They carry style and size.

nicholel4
4/15/17

I started buying from them on-line when I lived in an area without a close Lane Bryant. Their sizes can run across the board with consistency so it makes it easy.
90% of my experiences have been perfect. The occasional wrong item ( last time they couldn't give me what I ordered :( as they were out of stock after I received the incorrect item).
But otherwise. Pretty awesome.

sharonw109
2/28/17

I was behind in my payments with Lanybryant. I was told if I would pay so much then I would be on time. I did what I was told, they said if I got a late fee they would help with that. I called and they would not help and said that is how it was. I ask for help and they said they have done with all they was going to do. I told them that I was gong to do this. I will not ever buy anything there with cash or card. I don't like being lied to. Thank you Sharon Wortman

jadaj2
1/31/17

I dont shop LB often, only cus I cant afford to. But anything I have ever purchased always gets compliments. As others have stated, free shipping to a local store is awesome. I live in an apartment complex and don't feel safe having packages on my doorstep.
The only thing I could nit pick at, is some clothing isnt consistent. I purchased a black and gold chevron maxi skirt to die for! Loved it so much I went to my local store to get another color. The one from my local store was made of a different fabric, and while not ugly, just wasn't as nice as my online skirt.

ronnyd9
9/22/16

they ship to associated stores that are closer to home than an actual Lane Bryant.

lm70
2/6/16

I love the fact that I can order from their web site and have it delivered to my local store. And if I need to return an item I ordered from the website I can take it back to the store. I've also purchased an item from a Lane Bryant outlet store and was able to return it to my local store. Of course they have the best big girl fashions, I just wish more of it was natural fibers.

ladiiek
4/26/12

I love the fact that they have links to their sister companies at the top of every page. Only provides sizes that are available.

Questions? Get answers from the Lane Bryant staff and other customers.

Lane Bryant?